starrywing
06:32:49 Novo/Starry
postimg's down-
 starrywing
06:32:09 Novo/Starry
-WP Click-
 icemoons
06:31:39 Hazbinhotelobsessed!
I have two at risk how about the rest of you?
 icemoons
06:31:08 Hazbinhotelobsessed!
good morning friends... Oh shit it's DS day... damn it
 Existence
06:12:40 Exist / Kuskyn
Exactly xD He's just having the time of his life
 Ecifircas
06:08:18 
Existence, you should. Shiny little Kuskyn. Everyone else drowning in the thrall of battle and then there's just Kuskyn, vibing, unbothered.
 Existence
06:07:32 Exist / Kuskyn
The temptation to draw Kuskyn as an ornament xD
 Salem
06:01:51 Rumi
Greek Demigod RP
-WP Click-
 Ecifircas
06:01:50 
Exaccctly. So even if you're not active in AvA, if someone attacks us, you'll just squish them.
 Existence
06:01:22 Exist / Kuskyn
Ecifircas, I am a pretty ornament with 29k dominance xD
 Ecifircas
06:00:45 
Existence, it's okay. You can be a pretty ornament. xD
 Existence
05:59:22 Exist / Kuskyn
You would think with the long list of alliances fown the side I'd remember to attack. Nope.. Once a day if I am lucky some days.
 Vulpixles
05:56:30 Pixie, Vul | ♈
8 more chipmunks...this is going to take forever.
 Eternity
05:53:52 ET
Oh right, right. I was confused haha.
 Ecifircas
05:53:07 
001, no. It was 2k this morning? And I just bumped it up to 5k.

Next jump is 8k. But I would like more members. <|3 So I'll probably let it chill at 5k for a while.
 Existence
05:53:06 Exist / Kuskyn
Mm loving the slow loading times took me forever just to do 4 small things xD
 Eternity
05:52:08 ET
Me when I forget to battle:
 Eternity
05:51:53 ET
Oh did has it been upped to 10k
I'm 2k off,,

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Sun Bear : -1
Polar Bear : -1
Alligator : -5
    Fall   Day  Weather:  Hurricane

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Semi-Literate
   1   ..    16    17    18    19    20 

Destiny (Isnt always fair) | Rp threadJanuary 16, 2024 03:12 PM

Wolf's Bane

Darkseeker

Give Award
Silence | F | Pack member | M: Skylark, Feng, Katyusha, Mudslide
Silence nudged Feng and Skylark, quietly murmuring, "I have to go now. Good luck, and don't die - that would be rather unfortunate, dying in early spring. And of course, if you two want, we can always go to the Bridge. See you later."
She trudged back into the camp clearing and searched for any sign of the two juveniles she was supposed to be "training" today - Katyusha and Mudslide, wasn't it? As far as Silence knew, Katyusha was a bit snarky and sometimes cold, but she was a good fighter, and Mudslide was unpredictable, but also a very good hunter and pretty friendly. Silence didn't expect to worry about them - what she was actually worried about was the fact that she, herself, was not a good hunter and definitely not fit to teach juveniles how to hunt.
Silence scanned the camp, but didn't see any wolf that looked like either Mudslide or Katyusha... what did they look like again? She knew that Mudslide had distinctively ice blue eyes, almost similar to her own, as well as a brown pelt with yellow patches... maybe? Or was she confusing Mudslide for someone else? As for Katyusha, Silence could only recall that she was a dark wolf with rippling dapples of lighter gray, as well as eyes of two different colors, although she couldn't quite remember what the colors were... blue and gold? Gold and green? Green and brown?
Whatever. Eye color wasn't important. Silence sighed and wished herself luck, hoping that she could survive this training session without displaying the fact that she wasn't the best hunter.

Destiny (Isnt always fair) | Rp threadJanuary 16, 2024 03:56 PM

Nirvana_Sky

Darkseeker

Give Award

Malakai | Male | Alpha | M: Clem, Lynxtuft

He took a harsh exhale and feeling dizzy. The large brute was shaking in anger and anticpation to move. His mood was grouchy and exhaustion from his lack of sleep and the events that unfolded. He heard his mate's request, but it was drowned out by his thoughts and anger from the recent situation. He let out another deep exhale closing his eyes to try to find some peace in his wandering mind. He watched everyone wolf below that was frightened or concerned and he wanted to just shove his claws in their eyes. The eyes of taunting and concern of his leadership ate his core.

He heard his mate and he barked lowly for him to hear, "M'love if you to carry on. I'm afraid if anymore outbursts happen I won't be as nice I was the others. Even if they thought that wasn't nice. You know my love I could've been something worse. Honestly Inclementia I could go for a nap and take our beloved children on a hunt or some males to go joke around in the forest to calm my nerves. I will deal with Lynxtuft and apologize. Though I still believe she will be an omega. But she can be with her pup and have her pup if she pleases. Or maybe I could watch the pups?" His last request was more happy and filled with amusement. He added, "Most likely the mothers won't even let the scary alpha male watch their pups, but it's whatever. I'm good pup watcher." He gruffed in annoyance of these stupid judgemental mothers and their overbearing weight on their pups. He stalked to find Lynxtuft.

He found Lynxtuft. He barked charsimatically and husky, "Lynxtuft.. I apologize for my crazy outburst.. Yes I overeacted to a point.. But you need to learn to keep your mouth shut.. To be added you can spend time with your pup while doing omega duties. I won't take your motherhood away. Everything else still stands. I won't let anyone call you omega in front of your pup. But I will say you still will clean, watch pups, and just do whatever you see fit. Just can't leave the camp.. Though Rowan won't see this side because he was out of line. Thank you Lynxtuft and sorry for the feelings that I know caused."

Malakai stalked back to his perch that was drowning in the sunlight and laid down to sunbathe feeling better and his mood starting light up slowly. He sat there nearly smirking not meaning a word that he said to Lynxtuft, but who would know but him.

Edited at January 16, 2024 04:02 PM by Nirvana_Sky
Destiny (Isnt always fair) | Rp threadJanuary 16, 2024 04:43 PM

Long Wang

Lightbringer

Give Award
Huo|male|beta|M: open
Huo stretched, his fiery legs before him. He paced around the camp, checking on the other wolves. He smiled at Visani, hoping his admiration for her was shown in his face. Despite recent protests and arguments against the mating system, Huo was glad Malakai had chosen Visani for him. He paced around the camp, checking the pups so they wouldn't try to escape and made sure the elders were well cared for.
Spirit|F|elder|M: open
Spirit smiled at the sight of Huo, wishing she had smelled him first. Unlike many of the younger wolves, Huo, along with many of the older generation, was with the idea of the selected pairings. Spirit often felt the younger generation's gaze that held a certain dislike to the pairings. Spirit didn't understand why anything had to change. The previous elder and Malakai made the pack a great place to be. She stretched out in the sun before deciding to take a nap.
Destiny (Isnt always fair) | Rp threadJanuary 16, 2024 04:54 PM

Spider

Darkseeker

Give Award
Echo | M | Pack Member | M: Malakai
Echo wasn't used to having much friends growing up he was always the one left out or the one who was shy and didn't really want to hang out with anyone so he was thinking What should I do about Malakai maybe I will check on him and see if he was okay and if he wanted to go on a hunt or something. He decided that was a good plan so he went on a search looking for Malakai he saw him on his perch and carefully went up to him and asked" Hey Alpha. How are you doing from that commotion? Also would you want to go on a small little walk or a hunt to just get out of this space?"
Destiny (Isnt always fair) | Rp threadJanuary 16, 2024 06:59 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

Willow | F | Pack Member| Mentions: Inclementia(ind), Kalevala & Fracture (dir)

Willow shifted her attention to the front of the pack by the pride rock as the whole series of events unfolded among the juveniles and the alphas. She disregarded the situations as she could not be bothered with all of the drama, considering it didn't involve her she could care less about it. Besides she didn't wish to be roped into the trouble that these wolves unwisely acted out on.
Willow perked her ears at Clem's voice as she beckoned for her patrol group to gather. Willow stretched out her legs before quickly trotting over to stand just off to the side of the rock so she could make eye contact with the she-wolf. Willow looked as she watched Fracture and Kalevala gather around as the Alpha instructed them to begin the patrol without her and that she'd catch up with them after she was done with her alpha duties. "Yes Alpha" Willow spoke respectfully with a soft dip of her head to her alpha before she turned her attention to her patrol members
"Shall we?" Willow asked softly with a gentle wag of her tail as she trotted forward a few paces before glancing back at the others. Willow felt slightly impatient in a hurry to get away from the camp and to start her day and her assignments. She wished to take her mind off of Jarek and to get away from this mornings series of events and putting all of her focus into going on a patrol was a great way of doing such.

Ash | M | Pack Member| Mentions: Inclementia(ind), Cascade & Aspen (dir)

Ash perked his head up towards Inclem as she had finally announced that the pack gathering meeting was dismissed. Additionally he was thrilled to hear the advantage that the juveniles could have if they performed well in his lesson today with them. Not only did it benefit them as they'd get t attempt to go for deer but it also made him eager for them to succeed as it made him look good for having reached them well but also it allowed him to put his hunting skills to use and demonstrate how to take down a deer which would give him a little more of a challenge compared to pheasants, doves, or hares. It made him more willing to actually put forth an effort in teaching the youngsters. Sure he'd try and would demonstrate what to do properly however hearing the rewards at hand he'd definitely be more inthusiastic about the whole training session.
Ash rose to his paws as he turned to the juveniles who were with him awaiting the word for them to dismiss and set off and thankfully they had just gotten the clear from Inclementia. "Alright let's head out why don't we." Ash exclaimed to the two youngsters before he began trotting towards the western side of the territory, beginning to leave the camp. Ash couldn't be bothered to wait for the two pups to decide to get ready and respond. He knew they'd run after him to keep up, besides it wasn't like he was trotting fast as long as they were paying attention they would be able to keep up with him and follow where he was heading.

Edited at January 16, 2024 11:33 PM by Glowing Ambers
Destiny (Isnt always fair) | Rp threadJanuary 16, 2024 11:29 PM

Broken Dawn

Neutral

Give Award
Lynxtuft/F/M: Malakai
"Thank you!" She yelped shakily while trying not to drop her ball of moss. Malakai would let her see her pups! Darling Fang and Sweet Lyka, she loved them with all her heart. At least she would be able to see them and have someone to talk to. She felt bad about Rowan still, though. Either way, time to get back to the moss.
Destiny (Isnt always fair) | Rp threadJanuary 17, 2024 11:13 AM

Nirvana_Sky

Darkseeker

Give Award

Kalevala | Female | Pack Member | M: Willow, Clem

The astonished female was soon came with the emotion of straight boredom. The morning dew on the ground was starting to dry of the sun rays that started to slowly becoming warm. The birds chirping in the distance calling for their loves and the season of new eggs that will start to hear the baby chirps for their mother. If wolves around can listen closer and drown out their impending thoughts of duties and sickly love, the could hear the pattering of hooves on the ground and waterfall of the Land of Bridge and Water. The danger of death and birth of a new life was waiting to happen in this season of spring.

Kalevala watched the powerful Inclementia address Willow and herself for their patrol. She glanced at Willow and nodded as a greeting to fellow pack member. She took a deep breath taking in the strong scents of all the wolves surrounding her that made her bones and muscles relax. The tension was high due to the events that spiraled and that started with her present for the alpha's. Shelashed her tail and not really wanting to wait for the others. SHe had to go the way she came back and it made her realize the chaos that she brought. She let out an uneasy huff and started her way in a prowl. A predator that was uneasy ad on the move. Her deep blue eyes blank and a void that any one can sink into. She knew the others will catch up to her. Though she wanted to be the last face of any enemy that comes her way.

She thought to herself Would I do it again? Yes.. Why Kalevala? Because it is expected of me.. Is that right or wrong? I shall never know.. All I know is what I was taught and have to continue until the job is done.. Would you love for a mate? No.. I will never put someone in the experience of me being cruel and evil.. Why be the bad guy and the villian for others? Because someone has to.. Even if I become a shadow in a room full of light..

She made her way to edge of territory and sat on her haunches examing the enemy territory. The territory that was her home and the home that she destroyed from the inside and out. The light breeze ruffled her fur and that sun behind her warming her dark fur. SHe barked soft as the breeze, "I'm sorry for what I caused.. I did what I had to do to make him happy.. I will not sleep anymore than I already do.. Until we meet again and I will be in your debt like I always have been." Her saddened blue eyes looked up at the sky that matched her eyes and she hardened her graze before anyone could arrive for her mourning of something. She may have killed, but loses herself in each victim. A victim for each part of herself and that haunted all day and night was endeavor that she faced.

Destiny (Isnt always fair) | Rp threadJanuary 19, 2024 07:08 PM

Lost Rune

Darkseeker

Give Award
Rowan || M || Juvenile || @- Open!
Rowan had a restless nap, tossing and turning the whole time. His emotions were mixed he felt bad for LynxTuft, but he also felt enraged he stood up for her. He tossed more before falling still, it had been a dreamless sleep but now a lake view came into sight. Eyes wide he looked around, he hadn't felt any fear of nightmares wash over him, perhaps it was a normal dream? But as he took a paw step towards the water staring at his reflection, fear washed over him. The water lunged at him submerging himself deep in the lake. He panicked jaws wide taking water as he fought the water thrusting himself to get out, yet he remained writhing in the now red-black water. His emotions before were closing in on him, anger, rage, pity, fear. With a jolt he woke up fur on end as he looked around panicked. He calmed down seeing the pack splitting off into patrols, he must have taken a very short nap. Yawning the feeling came back as if everyone was staring at him, is this what Lynxtuft felt all the time? He laid his head on his paws letting himself drown out in his thoughts.

Edited at January 19, 2024 07:08 PM by Lost Rune
Destiny (Isnt always fair) | Rp threadJanuary 25, 2024 08:36 PM

Wolf's Bane

Darkseeker

Give Award

Silence | F | Pack member | M: Katyusha, Mudslide, Clem, Keanu

By the time Silence had found both Katyusha and Mudslide, she still hadn't managed get herself to become more confident when it came to mentoring two juveniles on hunting techniques. Mudslide, she knew, was an exceptional hunter for his age, and Katyusha already had enormous potential for becoming an incredible fighter. Both of them didn't deserve someone like her as a mentor, and Silence didn't understand why Clem would place her with such talented youths when they all knew very well that hunting was not her forte.

Nevermind. The decision had been sealed and there was no use in stressing about it. Silence sighed quietly and turned to Mudslide and Katyusha. "Are you two ready?"

Mudslide dipped his head respectfully and replied "Yes, I am," while Katyusha impatiently muttered, "Finally."

Ignoring the snarkiness in Katyusha's voice, Silence inhaled sharply and head into the forest. Interesting. Silence had always been under the impression that Katyusha was more introverted - while that still remained true, she supposed that the dark she-wolf was also a bit more... sharply expressive.

Silence wasn't the fastest, nor was she the keenest, but she could manage to navigate the territory without getting lost, simply by using certain locations and landmarks as directional signs. "The chamomile likes to grow here," she muttered to herself. "These odd leaves like to spread across this shore of the river. The red flowers always sprout in the summer around that rock over there -"

She turned around and realized both Mudslide and Katyusha were staring at her with varied expressions, with Mudslide being a bit more curious and Katyusha appearing slightly judgmental. Fine. Silence admitted that maybe not everyone had a habit of talking to themselves.

"Sorry," she muttered. "This is just how I navigate these areas. It's easier if I say it out loud."

"Interesting," Mudslide noted.

Katyusha made a noise displaying annoyance. "May I kindly remind you that the others are far ahead of us? Silence, you're supposed to be training us. Not only have we not received any training so far, you're just leading us in circles around the forest."

Silence internally panicked at the thought of one of the juveniles disapproving of her so quickly, but she quickly gathered her thoughts. "Hmm, is that so? You are right, to some extent, although I can confirm that we haven't been walking in circles, otherwise we'd be back at camp by now. I specifically chose this area by the river because few other hunters like to stay here for too long."

"Why, because there's no prey?"

"There is prey. Just not the type that most wolves prefer."

"Fish?"

"Well - no -" Silence's solemn facade was beginning to crack a bit. "Fine. You'll be collaborating with Mudslide to hunt down larger prey, if that's what you want." If there was anything Silence knew about the typically quiet and sometimes snarky she-wolf, it was that she probably hated teamwork, similarly to herself. Poor Mudslide. It wasn't necessary to get him dragged into all this, but she had to compromise.

Luckily, Mudslide had no objection. Whatever opinion he had, he kept it to himself, as usual. "Yes, of course," he replied. "It would probably be easier that way."

"Glad to know that you agree," Silence acknowledged, directing her focus to Katyusha instead of pondering about whether Mudslide was actually satisfied or not. "Katyusha, do you have any objection?"

"Well -" Katyusha made that annoyed noise again, similar to a click. "It's much, much better than fishing." She scowled. "Or whatever you were planning. You know very well that half the pack is practically incapable of swimming. Were you trying to get us killed or something?"

"No," Silence replied, and then looked at Katyusha in the eyes before adding, "Not yet."

Katyusha turned away, thoroughly annoyed by now, but luckily, she made no further objection. Mudslide began to tread into the woods again, before he turned around and asked, "Wait, Silence, you're not coming?"

"I -"

"She just doesn't want to admit that she's a poor hunter," Katyusha hissed under her breath, loudly enough for Silence to hear, but she just dismissed it as a fragment of her imagination.

Mudslide glanced back at her for a moment, and then tried to nudge Katyusha to get her away before she could say anything else out of line, but Katyusha just muttered, "It's entirely unfair that we have to do all the hunting and Silence just gets to stand there doing nothing. Right, Silence?"

Internally, Silence agreed, even though she wasn't about to admit it. But Silence, being Silence, would much rather remain silent than drag her lazy self to go on a hunt. Instead of retorting, Silence just replied, "Listen, Kat. Neither of us want to be here. How about you guys finish up something so we can all head back to camp and pretend to be productive? I'm not fit to train you two; I can tell you that with all honesty. But if there's anything I'm good at, it's avoiding getting in trouble. Deal?"

"Could both of you just agree on one thing?" Mudslide asked, without intending to sound annoyed. "I don't think it's a good idea to continue arguing for all of eternity."

Katyusha gave a wolfish smirk, ignoring Mudslide. "Productivity? I didn't think that was something you'd ever mention."

Silence exhaled with disappointment, trying to relieve herself of her internal panic. "Fine. You want me to prove to you that I'm capable of something besides being silent? Meet me at the Bridge."

Katyusha's expression changed ever so slightly, but for once, she didn't snap back in retaliation. "Deal. Mudslide, let's go."

Mudslide blinked before turning away and leaving, but Silence didn't miss the flutter of nervousness that briefly crossed his face. She decided they'd both be fine. Sure, maybe the icy surfaces and the fatal cliffs were good for invoking fear, but she herself had been there and back countless times and hadn't died yet. And Silence was one of the less agile wolves around. She just relied on pure muscle memory. Well, then again, Mudslide had oversized paws, but that wasn't much of a concern.

Besides staying silent, Silence had another talent, and that was random knowledge of herbs. Which also meant that she had to know where herbs were found. And as a result, she was extremely experienced in finding her way to the Bridge from any corner of the territory. Tracing the flow of the river, Silence ran upstream, sprinting across the smooth stones and sprouting grasses before the forest opened up to an enormous complex of cliffs. Despite not being the fastest runner, Silence was able to arrive at the Bridge in no time at all.

Silence was familiar with this scenery, but she supposed other wolves had a right to be frightened. Any wolf lucky enough to survive a fall would be crippled for life and extremely vulnerable. Shorter, smaller plateaus rose into tall, menacing cliffs with waterfalls seemingly pouring sorrow from the azure of the sky. Streams collided together to form lakes, and the water fell from cliff to cliff before eventually flowing into the serene river that carved through the rest of the forest. The roaring falls and the looming precipies unsurprisingly invoked fear, comforted only by the plants and moss that dappled the edges of the cliffs and the ledges that formed a path all the way up to the tallest plateau and eventually ascended into the white mountain, where the clear river was fed by the fresh melting snow. Gazing up, any wolf could spot a variety of birds that flew high above them, almost taunting them to climb up and try to hunt them at the risk of death.

Silence, however, wasn't here to marvel at the cliffs or birds - she could save climbing for another day, and she had no chance of hunting the birds. She was here for the treasure harbored behind the ledges and the precipices, the place they all called the Bridge of Land and Water. The exterior cliffs were just a facade.

Silence quietly walked through one section of the river, trying not to get her paws too wet while avoiding the moss lining the water - the plants were, in fact, very slippery, contrary to popular belief - and bounded towards a narrow gap between two cliffs that couldn't have been spotted from far away at all. Many wolves were unsettled by the closed-in space and the shadows that loomed over them, but Silence found it comforting, almost. She could traverse this place blind if she had to.

The moment the fresh smell of herbs smacked into her nose, she knew she was in the cave. The walls and floor were adorned with a variety of medicinal plants and flowers, surrounding a waterfall trickling into a clear pool of water. Stray rays of sunlight shone through the crack in the ceiling, and although the sunlight already appeared to illuminate the cave enough, Silence knew that the sunshine could never match the brilliance of the moonlight at midnight; thin strands of silver that cast the moon's lonely gaze onto the water. Occasionally, the whistling of birds and the soft whispering of winds trespassed the solid stone walls shielding the cave from the outside world, adding a slightly whimsical tone to the already soft atmosphere.

Nevermind the beauty. Silence was here to collect herbs to prove to Katyusha that she wasn’t useless. There was, of course, a whole cave system that she could explore, and it contained just as many plants, but today she wasn’t here for exploration. She selected a particular batch of chamomile in the corner, and then harvested some fresh feverfew and a bit of yarrow as well. Chances were, Keanu wouldn’t appreciate the extra herbs in the den, but no one else seemed to care, and nowadays Silence barely interacted with her own mate -

“Silence! Where ARE you?”

Silence rushed out of the cave to find Katyusha and Mudslide standing near the river, each carrying a hare. Katyusha appeared to be in a slightly better mood now, having been uplifted by her success with her hunting. Silence was, however, immediately disappointed when Katyusha muttered, “This is what you call productive?”

“I suppose so,” Silence said, setting down her bundle of herbs.

Mudslide, on the other hand, was… busy gazing up at the birds? “Huh,” he murmured. “I’m slightly tempted to try and hunt one of those.”

“I… would not recommend it,” Silence replied ominously.

“You know what? Let’s try it anyway,” Katyusha said unusually confidently. Perhaps it was out of pettiness, Silence assumed. Katyusha marched towards the ledge that led up to one of the higher cliffs. “Are you two coming or not?”

“Don’t say I didn’t warn you,” Silence sighed.

Mudslide turned to her. “No worries. We’ll be fine.” Jokingly, he added, “If we fall, you can always catch us, right?”

“No guarantee” was the blank response.

Mudslide’s humorous demeanor faded, and Silence almost felt slightly guilty for ruining the joke, but she decided she’d much rather make the juvenile slightly upset than have to carry his dead body back to camp.

Silence stared helplessly as the two wolves ascended the ledges and reached the top cliff. She supposed that no amount of convincing would persuade them, so she simply decided to follow them as well. This particular section of the cliffs was very familiar to her - the relatively smooth but still textured stone that was abnormal to most wolves felt welcoming to her paws, and the occasional vine or two that hung down from the sides of the ledges added a little sense of comfort to the otherwise daunting cliffs. The other two wolves, however, were taking much longer to cross between ledges than she’d expected - which wasn’t too surprising, since not many wolves liked to come over here as often as Silence herself.

It took a little while, but under the embrace of the sun’s springtime warmth and the taunting of the birds from above, Katyusha and Mudslide became familiar with the feel of the unusually smooth stone under their paws and began climbing more confidently than before. Silence stopped feeling the need to encourage them from behind, but she quickly became concerned as Katyusha practically began bounding across the ledges, and then Mudslide started doing so as well. After gaining confidence, the two wolves didn’t take too long to reach the first of the tall platforms in the cliff complex.

“Wow,” Mudslide whispered, awed at the view.

Silence turned to see what Mudslide was fascinated at. Everyone who had ever come up here had always noted on how beautiful the view was, with the rich green forest sprawled across the landscape, accompanied by occasional dapples of partially melted snow and a seemingly never-ending river running all the way through the greenery into the distance, where the forest faded into the flower meadow famous for its romantic blossoms and fragrant grasses -

“Are you two going to come with me or not?” Katyusha snapped.

Silence turned around to face her. “You could join us here. Beautiful view. Also a very convenient place to shove you off the edge and watch you fall to your death.”

“Is that a death threat?”

“No. Not yet.”

They stared at each other for five solid seconds.

“Uh… I was under the impression that we were going to hunt birds around here?”

Silence blinked. “Right. Um. Go ahead.”

Katyusha was about to say something, but Mudslide brushed past her and chased the nearest bird he could find.

“Please, for the sake of my reputation, don’t die,” Silence muttered, and went off to find more herbs around the waterfall. There was a bit of edelweiss and lemongrass nearby; Silence had left her other bundle of herbs at the foot of the cliffs for the sake of convenience, and since edelweiss was a bit more common here, she’d decided that she might as well follow the wolves up to the platform just to get some extra herbs. She ignored the sounds of the wolves clawing the birds down from midair and the birds screeching in fright.

Once she’d collected everything she needed, Silence started sniffing around the pool of water that poured over the edge of the cliff and formed into the river below. She’d have to be exceptionally careful to ensure that she didn’t get caught in the current and swept off the cliff, but in springtime, there was less melted snow, and as a result, there was less water, and the currents were much weaker.

Silence’s nose immediately picked up a few notable scents. There’s some edelweiss hidden here… a few other stray leaves here… is that a bird’s nest -

There was a squawk, followed by a rumble.

Silence snapped towards the sound. “What was that?” she asked.

“Probably my stomach,” Katyusha muttered, and for once her attitude wasn’t snarky. “The sooner we kill these birds, the sooner we go back to camp and eat.” She paced around a bit, before spotting a swift suitable to her tastes and decided to pursue it.

“Well, I mean, Kat’s got a point,” Mudslide pointed out. “Silence, once you finish gathering your herbs, tell us, alright? I assume the others are almost done by now.”

Silence nodded. “I will. And please don’t get yourself killed today. I’m sick of attending funerals.”

Mudslide appeared to be slightly perplexed at Silence’s statement, but he turned away and trotted near a flock of resting, completely oblivious birds.

Silence glanced back at them one last time and reassured herself. They’ll be fine, she told herself. One of them is a fighter, and the other a hunter. Both are agile enough to avoid falling down the cliff. The sound she’d heard earlier had come from a bird knocking down several stones. There was nothing to worry about.

With that reassurance, Silence turned towards a taller cliff and begun heading up towards the ledge looming above the one they were currently on.

This particular ledge was slightly harder to reach, but any wolf with enough muscle memory or agility would breeze past it in no time. Silence made few visits to the higher ledge, but she supposed that springtime beckoned for her to make another trip to it to see if there were any more herbs. Slowly, the sound of the waterfall beneath her faded away, and eventually the trickling of the water above reached her ears. That was a good sign - Silence herself hated looking down when climbing, and was trying to use sound to check how far she was from the ground -

There was a yelp.

Silence turned towards the sound of Katyusha slipping on the edge of the cliff after a miscalculated leap at the swift she was targeting. She barely managed to turn around and cling on the edge before her paws slipped, and she would have fallen if it weren’t for Mudslide instantaneously grabbing her scruff in his jaws. Barely managing to balance himself, he howled, “SILENCE! SILENCE!”

She instinctively sprinted down the ledges, ignoring the fact that a misstep would spell fatal injury for her, and pelted towards the two wolves. Right before Mudslide lost his balance completely, Silence managed to grab him as well and tried to help him yank Katyusha to safety, but Mudslide’s constant slipping combined with her own lack of strength made the task seem almost impossible.

Just then, Mudslide mustered the last of his strength and yanked, pulling Katyusha high enough for her paws to barely scrape the edge of the cliff. Silence pulled as well, although not nearly supporting Mudslide as much as she’d hoped.

Mudslide yanked one final time, and Silence nearly loosened her grasp on him, knowing that he had succeeded, except -

His disproportionately sized paws had misstepped. He’d pulled - in the wrong direction.

Silence’s legs slipped, and she barely managed to regain footing in time. She felt the brown wolf fall out of her grip and completely give in to Katyusha’s weight, tumbling over the edge of the cliff helplessly before he fell to his demise.

Destiny (Isnt always fair) | Rp threadFebruary 4, 2024 02:20 PM

Rogue Whispers

Darkseeker

Give Award

Fang|M|Pup|M: Lynxtuft,
Since Lynxtuft was busy, Fang decided he would go on an adventure. As he snuck out of camp, he thought he heard the river rushing nearby. Happy to have something to do, he leaned into it, not knowing that it was deep.
Arrow | F | Pack Member | M: Fang
Arrow looked around and almost immediately saw Fang trotting out of camp. Following him, he led her to a river. She watched in horror as he jumped in and she raced toward him, jumping in. After awhile of struggling, she managed to tag him out. But, in doing so, she had used the last of her strength and was unable to paddle to the shore before her head when under, possibly drowning her.

Edited at February 4, 2024 04:04 PM by Mountain pack (c)

Forums > Roleplay > Semi-Literate
   1   ..    16    17    18    19    20 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us