AppleTrees
Please spell out your words. "bc" is not allowed
 Crescent Nightwalker
05:50:50 Aurora / Pastelmoon
@Accs,
No, she's A mod goddess.
 AppleTrees
05:50:11 Apples
Accesspls, it's highlighted bc they're a moderator.
 Accesspls
05:49:13 
Why is Feiellas name highlihted
 Zeraphia
05:47:56 Vah was attacked
Ollie

Ooooohh

I can't wait to see them all!!!
 Accesspls
05:47:39 
How do I use a party on token
 Salom_
05:46:44 Sal, Salmon
Ollie
That's gonna look awesome when it's all finished!
 TheFlyingKitten
05:45:53 Petri Dish/Sorceress
I have a lot of feathers. Huh.
 Crescent Nightwalker
05:44:47 Aurora / Pastelmoon
I'm alright. News is, I've recently helped my sister take care of her baby and her other kid, because her husband wasn't home because he works in person. So I stayed over for three days last time and only two days later I return with an offer to help. Then today I am at my grandma's right after helping my sister because my grandma just got knee surgery. She's doing great, aside from being tired.
 Wolves Of The North
05:43:52 
Equiped my first gear! It was a hard decision thought because now my mushroom stash is pretty low
 distant-lands
05:43:41 katy | beetle
wing anatomy when the wings are also the front arms.. this is difficult e.e
 Feiella
05:38:10 Fei the writer
Aurora
how is it going for you?
 Accesspls
05:36:04 
Its not loadinggg
 MINEOLA
05:36:03 Alfi Darky
@Feiella
Sorry I was only pointing out his name.
 Crescent Nightwalker
05:36:01 Aurora / Pastelmoon
@Fyre,
How's it going?
 Golden Meadows
05:35:53 Ollie, Gold
Vah
They each get progressively fancier lol. He's a prince. So the first one is what he wears when he's trying to blend to in as a commoner. The second one is a lot more princely and fancy. Then the 3rd one is super fancy, full length gold and white robes and silks, and a ton of jewelry lol
 Feiella
05:35:35 Fei the writer
Aurora
hey and thank you

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Black Bear : -4
Margay : +3
Mamba : +2
    Fall   Day  Weather:  Sunny

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Literate
   1   ..    8    9    10    11    12   ..   16 

A Mystery of Choices | RP ThreadMay 24, 2021 10:34 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award

January 10th, ???? | 10:55-11:15 PM

G.A.F. 'KhorneAriethous'/N.R.V. | 16/17 | AB/B+ | Male | Pain Adren/High Intel | Both | C Demi(HML)/Pan | Mentions; The Others(Ind. & Dir.)

Nabih bit his lip as Leroy seemed to simply stare at the notebook page… It was a stupid idea, in all reality. Nabih knew that. So, he started to retract the notebook, only to notice that Leroy was now smiling. He froze, not knowing exactly what to do… And then Leroy took the notebook, uttering a thanks.

--

Nabih gave a soft smile and nodded, and then realized just how he was acting and swallowed; clearing his throat. He muttered back, “Of course, Leroy. Anytime.” And then he sat back, and allowed himself to listen to the rest of the conversations.

--

I-I love it! And h-honestly, that's a great l-life lesson.

--

God, I feel like I just learned so much about Greek mythology today! Like seriously, where do you guys even learn all this cool stuff?? I feel like I learned a whole textbook’s worth of stuff from just ya guys!! Man, I wish I knew about as much of this stuff as you all do. Waaaaaait… I know we are super close to the hotel or whatever, but do guys have any more stories and stuff to tell? Please? Pleaaaaase??

--

W-well, I can't think of a-any more right now, but I-I'll definitely tell you if I-I think of any later.

--

Gwyar nodded in agreement, though saying that he couldn’t think of any more at the moment was in a way a lie… He quickly clarified, “I can’t think of a story interesting enough to tell about right now… Maybe once we get to the hotel I’ll have one that’s good enough to tell.” To be honest, he was simply glad that they’d enjoyed the story at all. And that the voices had quieted a bit, though they did grumble about not getting another story yet.

--

I believe that the ride has almost finished.

--

And as that was said, at 11:10 PM exactly, the train pulled into the station. Nabih took a deep breath and stood up, grabbing his and Leroy’s bags. He handed the said teenage boy his respective bag and gave him a slight smile and nod. Nabih then turned and left the room, continuing onwards to exit the train.

--

Gwyar, meanwhile, waited until everyone else had gotten up and left the room before standing himself. He grabbed his bag and glanced around the room, now that he was actually taking the room in… To him, the area seemed a bit small. But the fact didn’t matter now, not when he was about to leave. He wasn’t anywhere that could lock and keep him around anyways. He could always break the window, if worst came to worse. He turned and left the room, catching up with the rest of the group, though they weren’t even that far to begin with.

--

As Nabih stepped onto the platform of Anamosa’s train station, he turned to the rest of the group and nodded after doing a head count. “Alright… The train tickets costed us $20 total. Normally, such a ride would cost $40, but due to the circumstances that halved the price for us. So we still have $40 to spend. Luckily, the hotel is only $20 a night, with tax. So we have two nights- Tonight and tomorrow. Tomorrow should be us trying to find jobs in order to keep the roof over our heads. Unfortunately, since we only have $40 left over, we’ll have to hope that the hotel serves breakfast in the morning. Everyone ready to walk to the hotel?

A Mystery of Choices | RP ThreadMay 26, 2021 04:28 PM

Determined_Wolf

Lightbringer

Give Award

January 10, 23:14

Cal ‘Collie’ Thi Lê | 16 | AB- | Male | Visions | Both | Questioning | M: Everyone (Dir)

Cal chewed his lip as both Aries and Axel denied his request. He pouted slightly, but he understood both of their reasoning. The group had to get going and didn’t have time for silly stories or whatever. Helluva load of bullshit if you asked him in private though. Everyone always has time for stories. Always. That’s the funny thing. Everyone says that there isn’t enough time for this or that. It’s because they are too damn focused on the future. ‘There won’t be time for this tomorrow,’ they all say, ‘or the day after that or the day after that. We might as well do nothing fun again ever because when will you make the time for it?’ That stuff really bugged him. It just got under his skin, you know? Cal couldn’t give a damn about his future and flat out hated his past, so the only time he has to live is in the present. This was just one of those weird rants he would go off about constantly after Cal is even slightly reminded of it. That’s why he can’t stand impatient people. Everyone is so concerned about the amount of time it will take for something to happen that they don’t do something else with that free time. Yeah, so that has always been something Cal will rant about. Time. Such great foreshadowing, am I right?

Anyways, what was he thinking about?

Shit!

Everyone else was standing and getting ready to leave the train. He scrambled to pick up his bag and heaved it over his shoulder. He almost forgot he had hurt his back earlier until the hard edge of his science book, located somewhere in the large pocket of his backpack, collided with the slowly forming bruise. He winced a bit but it just made him remember that it wasn’t more than two hours ago he was at his parent’s house. He was on the floor and lying motionless. Jesus, that felt like a year ago. It’s crazy how time works because that felt like a year ago while a week before he left Pency felt like it was hours ago. Isn’t that crazy? Basically the instant Cal got home, his old man beat him to a bloody pulp. Cal got hospitalized after that, for Christ’s sake! How funny is that? Jesus, he almost laughed out loud at the memory. An even funnier thing was, that moment still petrifies Cal with fear. The only thing worse than his Pops, though, was his mom. The moment the nurses left the room, her facade dropped. She yanked him harshly by the ear and pressed the hot bud of her cigarette into his arm, adding to Cal’s unfortunate, little collection.

If I ever see you near any of those friends again, I will put a bullet through their brains and make you watch. Do you understand, ? Now be a good little boy and do as your mother tells you...

That was such a terrifying thought. He felt just a rush of adrenaline, the need to get moving immediately. It was also a good rush as it was just what he needed to get off the train and follow the others. He hadn’t realized just how sore his feet felt. Cal had ran all the way to the train station. He looked down at his feet and grinned like a stupid idiot. He didn’t care though. He’d also chosen just about the worst shoes for running too, but they held a special place in his heart. The soles were thin and worn, the bottom covered in dirt and chewed bubble gum. The red material had dirty patches and was slightly torn and the laces were always untied. It wasn’t that Cal couldn’t tie his own shoes. He could, they just always came undone. Like some enchanted object with the strangest curse. He had worn the shoes in so much, that you could barely recognize them from when he first got them for track in eight grade year. Because of his friendship with Kendra, the girl he talked about in his dog story, he got let onto the high school track team early. Kendra was one of the few girls in his friend group, but he honestly thinks the two of them were best friends. He wondered what she was up to nowadays.

“Uh sorry… So um.. jobs! Yeah, jobs, amiright?” Cal gently elbowed Ethan, hoping Ethan would just play along, as if to pretend he was listening to the conversation. If he was honest, we had just zoned out focusing on his shoes. Cal had all the confidence in his tone of a corny dad who was not listening to a word of the conversation but tried to force himself into a conversation with his teenager. Cal bit his lip as he shrunk. He was being awkward and unfocused as fuck. For someone as tall as him, he acked like he was a lot smaller, more shy and awkward, at times. This was one of those times until an idea popped into his head. You could tell he had an idea by how he perked up and straighten himself out almost immediately. He was so expressive sometimes that just about anyone could read him like a child’s book. He was a obviously bit nervous to share his thinking for certain reasons. That was one of the downsides to being so expressive most of the time. “Well um.. I guess ya could say I have,” Cal swallowed hard as he gave a nervous chuckle, “connections. Absolutely worst case scenario I have one or… two places we could go since most places don’t give out paychecks till the end of a full week.” Cal paused for a moment before smiling widely. “Plus, I look a bit older than I am so I am sure I can land at least one job.” That was true. Cal looked to be 18, maybe even 19 at certain times. His height and face just generally made him look a tad bit older. If only he had brought a change in outfit to make him seem a bit less childish. That wasn’t the absolute worse case scenario though. There was a lot of a worse scenario he could be forced to do if they couldn’t find a job and maybe, just maybe, he was terrified to mention that one. That might be his last option though.

“Hey, um… We definitely need to be goin’,” Cal mumbled, a bit quieter than he normally talks. He had just now realized just how late it was and he of all people knew how dangerous and rotten cities get at night. “Man, I am absolutely exhausted so the sooner we check in and check out for sleep, the better. No point in hanging around here when we can walk and talk instead eh? So come on! Vamos!!” Cal started walking down the street before he stopped mid-stride. Giving a nervous chuckle, Cal rotated to face Nabih. “Um… Nabih? Where’s the hotel thingy at exactly? I uh… I don’t know which way it is…”

Edited at May 26, 2021 04:32 PM by Determined_Wolf
A Mystery of Choices | RP ThreadMay 29, 2021 12:58 AM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award

January 10th, ??? / 10:55-11:10

Leroy Hall/Ethan Brimstone/Axel Founte

16/B-/O/A/Male/Trans male/Water/Aura Sensing/Quicker Healing/Both/Pansexual/Gay/Asexual Panromantic

Of course, Leroy. Anytime."

Leroy smiled slightly for a moment longer before pulling himself together and finishing up the puzzle, handing the notebook back to Nabih as the train pulled into the station, nodding in appreciation for both him grabbing his bags, and for the puzzle.

"Alright… The train tickets costed us $20 total. Normally, such a ride would cost $40, but due to the circumstances that halved the price for us. So we still have $40 to spend. Luckily, the hotel is only $20 a night, with tax. So we have two nights- Tonight and tomorrow. Tomorrow should be us trying to find jobs in order to keep the roof over our heads. Unfortunately, since we only have $40 left over, we’ll have to hope that the hotel serves breakfast in the morning. Everyone ready to walk to the hotel?

Leroy nodded along with everything, only half focused. "I'm ready." He stated. "Obviously." He added quickly, trying to make up for the previously leaked emotion.

Axel narrowed his eyes worriedly, noticing Carl's distracted, hurt look.

"H-hey, Cal? You okay?" He questioned softly, truly worried.

Ethan's mind was wandering as he stared out the window, still partially leaning on Tyler. He couldn't get his mind to stop dragging him back to Val's home, to the dark and pain.

"Uh sorry… So um.. jobs! Yeah, jobs, amiright?” Ethan blinked, finally jolted back to reality. He forced a smile and nodded.

"Think there's anyone who's willing to hire a mute with writing and morse code as communication?" He meant it to be a joke, but in all honesty it ended up being a serious question. Who would really hire someone so utterly useless?

"Well um.. I guess ya could say I have, connections. Absolutely worst case scenario I have one or… two places we could go since most places don’t give out paychecks till the end of a full week. Plus, I look a bit older than I am so I am sure I can land at least one job.”

Ethan nodded in agreement, though he definitely could not pull off looking older than he was, both him and Axel where smaller than they should be, underweight and short. Leroy, on the other hand, could probably pass as a full adult with his height and muscular form.

Axel, who was silently watching everything, chewed his cheek nervously, eyes flicking between everyone in the group. He was worried about Cal. The guy was obviously hiding something, Axel just couldn't identify what.

"Hey, um… We definitely need to be goin’, man, I am absolutely exhausted so the sooner we check in and check out for sleep, the better. No point in hanging around here when we can walk and talk instead eh? So come on! Vamos!! Um… Nabih? Where’s the hotel thingy at exactly? I uh… I don’t know which way it is…”

Axel sighed softly and smiled weakly, nodding. "I-I think I have a g-general idea of where w-we're going, though Nabih m-may have to start us on t-the right path."

Ethan nodded again, and started moving forward, waiting for Nabih to start leading before moving away. Axel, on the other hand, paused, watching Aries and waiting until he finally started moving before following as well, trotting over so he was next to Cal again, smiling up at his much taller form and preparing himself to (attempt to) keep up with his much longer strides.

A Mystery of Choices | RP ThreadMay 29, 2021 04:17 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
January 10th
============================================
Tyler 'TJ' Jacobson/16/O+/Male/Spotted Hyena/Mono/Bisexual/Mentions: General
Oh boy, was Tyler not looking forwards to a job search. How exactly did one write a resume? And what about the lack of a highschool diploma? Wasn't that supposted to be a big deal in human society? Plus, what kind of job could he even do? Anything to do with other people would be disasterous, and it wasn't like he was willing to apply at a zoo. Well, he could always crime. Wasn't like it would be a big change for him. Tyler hoisted his closed pack over his shoulder and followed a few paces after Ethan. The station didn't seem to be particularly well-off, but also not abjectly poor. Probably something the city would focus their money on. It wouldn't do, after all, to have the first thing tourists see be some run-down, half-collapsed concrete brick. "I mean, places that have something to hide, probably. Can't spill corporate secrets if you can't talk about them, you know?" That's why a lot of deaf people could get hired in secured buildings. The deaf can't overhear some scientist about their research, after all, because they're deaf. Yay top secret government and corporate conspiracies hellbent on doing shady shit. At least they were still all being discreet. Now all they had to do was not start a street fight in the middle of a crowd. There was a surprising number of people out and about at the moment. Didn't they have jobs or something like that? Places to be? Apparently there were a lot of people who had a lunch break right now, or something. Weird time to have lunch, you'd think it would be closer to noon rather than 11, but hey, Tyler wasn't going to tell these people how to scedule.
A Mystery of Choices | RP ThreadJune 3, 2021 11:33 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

January 10th, 10:XX - 11:10

Eva Yates

16/A/Female/Uncontrollable Strength/Both/Bisexual/Mention: Everyone (Dir)

The world zoomed past as the train chugged along the track, dull green eyes stared at the blurry landscape as it passed. The girls' mind wandered from one unimportant thought to another as the conversations of her peers floated around the train car, briefly entering her train of thought before being pushed out once more. The cycle of being lost in thought and finally paying attention, only to be dragged back into her mind. The repetitiveness of it was oddly peaceful, the trains' clacking coaxed her eyelids shut, threatening to end her two-day sleepless streak. Her brain didn't even give her a moment to adjust, no, that would be too much of a luxury.

A wall of darkness appeared in her vision, the faint conversations around her morphing into a chorus of voices so familiar and yet hauntingly familiar as they echoed around the empty room.

"Who does she think she is? Acting all high and mighty." bursting through the mumbles, voices the black-haired girl had heard dozens of times.

"Do you think those two are, you know?"

"She seems like the type to do gross shit like that." Gross...is it that gross. The voices closed in and became louder and louder, nearly deafening before abruptly silencing themselves. The darkroom that was filled with judgemental murmurs quieted seemingly holding their breath, watching, waiting. Then, light filled the room as if the sun had just been turned on. A blonde-haired girl stood as the single occupant in the vast space, her face scrunched up into a scowl as she opened her mouth to speak.

Eva jolted out of her light sleep with the screech of the train coming to a halt. Sweat covered her brow as she stared out at the grey structures outside of the window, breathing deeply before roughly yanking her backpack from its place on the ground. Eva followed behind a few of the others as they exited the train car, dragging her blue bag on the floor behind her, tiredness pulling at her limbs despite the nap she had just awoken from. “Alright… The train tickets cost us $20 in total. Normally, such a ride would cost $40, but due to the circumstances that halved the price for us. So we still have $40 to spend. Luckily, the hotel is only $20 a night, with tax. So we have two nights- Tonight and tomorrow. Tomorrow should be us trying to find jobs to keep the roof over our heads. Unfortunately, since we only have $40 leftover, we’ll have to hope that the hotel serves breakfast in the morning. Everyone ready to walk to the hotel?

The mere thought of getting a job unnerved the girl, speaking to people in real life never failed to pale in comparison to its virtual counterpart, especially when taking her 'winning personality into consideration. "Jobs, right those ARE a thing, aren't they." Her thick voice uttered before being overtaken by a yawn. "Anywho, my phones' almost dead so moving our butts to the hotel right bout' now would be amazing." Eva pulled her phone out of her pocket waving it slightly before stuffing it back inside. Staring up at the people around her, she reached her free hand up to dab at the last bit of sweat on her forehead.

Edited at June 4, 2021 09:04 AM by Flower Field
A Mystery of Choices | RP ThreadJune 4, 2021 01:15 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award

January 10th, ???? | 11:15-11:20 PM

G.A.F. 'KhorneAriethous'/N.R.V. | 16/17 | AB/B+ | Male | Pain Adren/High Intel | Both | C Demi(HML)/Pan | Mentions; The Others(Ind. & Dir.)

Gwyar could think of a few places that he could go to get some quick cash if such became necessary… He hoped that wouldn’t though. This was supposed to be his way out of the rings, not his way into more. But if they needed him too…

--

After Nabih got confirmation from everyone that they were ready to go, he gave a half smile and nodded to them. “Alright then, let’s get going.

--

And so, he turned and began walking in the direction of the hotel. He had almost wanted to tell them not to cause a street fight on the way this time, though… Well… He was fairly certain nobody wanted to be reminded of what had happened earlier. Plus, the walk to the hotel was a shorter one than the one from the alleyway to the train station was.

--

Gwyar waited for everyone else to start moving before following. Sure, sure- Maybe this was leftover worth issues from his little episode(He was certainly glad that the episode hadn’t been one of his worse ones) but there was also the fact that out of all of them- He was probably the one best suited for fighting, so him being in the back was just a smart move. He wouldn’t want Axel, Evie, or Ethan to be kidnapped without them knowing because one of the three were at the back.

--

Though, walking at the back also meant he was pretty much alone with his thoughts and the voices… Which wasn’t fun. They were always worse to deal with after an episode- Especially a small, uneventful one. Like the one he’d just gone through on the train. But that was fine, he’d be fine. He’d gotten through these moments plenty of times before, he could do so again.

--

Nabih kept at the front, eyes skimming his surroundings every few seconds to make sure that he was staying on course for the hotel. He didn’t want them to get lost, after all.

--

When they eventually reached the hotel, he opened the door for the rest of them, Aries eventually grabbing it instead and holding it open for him. Nabih rolled his eyes but nodded in thanks anyways, going inside.

--

He went up to the front desk, taking out 20 dollars as he spoke. “I would like to get a room.

--

The front lady looked up at him and spoke, obviously a young adult in age, if even that. “How many people? Adults and kids.

--

We have eight in all. Four adults, four kids.

--

Righttt, okay. Just gimme the money and we can work things out later. You all will be in room 18C. Third floor on the right.” She handed him a key as he gave her the required 20 dollars.

--

He nodded in thanks and turned to the group, already beginning the walk to the stairs. “Room 18C, according to my research, is a two bed, one wall bunk, one bath, one futon, and one kitchen hotel room.” He paused to open the door to the stairway, entering it and holding it open for the group, Aries once again holding it open for him at the end, once they all were in the stairwell he closed the door and began the upward climb as he spoke. “It has a small tv as well, though it may cost extra to actually use it unlike with the kitchen.

--

When they got to the room, Nabih opened the door to show a small kitchen that consisted of a stove, mini fridge, plug-in microwave, and mini island with cabinets below it for space. A small living room somewhere behind the kitchen, separated by a small counter and a hallway, in the wall separating the kitchen and living was a cavity that held bunks. There were three doors in the space as well, one to the bathroom and two to the two different bedrooms. After everyone was inside, Aries closed the door and Nabih continued speaking. “Since there are only five different places to sleep three people will have to share with the three left over.

A Mystery of Choices | RP ThreadJune 4, 2021 09:57 PM

Determined_Wolf

Lightbringer

Give Award

January 10, 23:21

Cal ‘Collie’ Thi Lê | 16 | AB- | Male | Visions | Both | Questioning | M: Everyone (Dir)

Now on to the question of if Cal was okay. Compared to Cal as he normally is, yes. Compared to a normal, functional, and sane human being with no trauma and no strange mental issues, no. Not in the slightest. Cal was honestly unsure of why Axel asked to begin with. If a random person asked if he were okay, he would say okay to spare that person the details, but this was Axel. Part of him just wanted to say ‘Yeah, no I am fine. Just fucking fantabulus. If being fine means ready to shoot some people or shoot myself.’ Then again, that was just Cal’s constant state of mind and he didn’t want to burden Axel.

“Well, currently I am doing just fine,” Cal said, shrugging with a cocky smile. He started to give a soft chuckle. “Just thinking about shoes and stuff. Like, how much you can know about a person by their shoes and shit. Well, not their shit that’s disgusting. I didn’t really mean it like that.” Cal rubbed the back of his neck as his eyes drifted away from Axel. “Technically, you could tell a person by their shits, like their diet or something… but that’s disgusting. Who would go and look at… Bleh. Just bleh.” Cal hated when he entered random conversations and tried to explain them. The conversation would always go off the rails and instead of moving on, he’d still be picking through the train wreck he caused and letting more and more trains crash into the rubble. That’s a great metaphor for how Cal’s conversations usually went. Trains. Always speeding up and crashing into each other. Or that was how Cal pictured them at least. Other than that one stuffed animal he had, Wolfy, he had a train set and that’s all he did with them. Crash them into each other. He honestly didn’t know where the train set could be. If anything, another kid in his grade could have borrowed it and forgot to give it back. Hopefully they still played with that train set or let their little sibling play with it. Hopefully his parents hadn’t already thrown it out long ago.

“Heh, sorry,” Cal promptly apologized. “I kinda zoned out. I… Fuck, I don’t know how to exactly put it, but yeah. You can tell a person a little bit by their feet- their shoes, I meant their shoes- and such. I’m just rambling at this point now, huh?” Cal chuckled to himself before shaking his head. “Well, if you’re still interested in me talking about shoes of all things and just rambling, maybe I can try to explain at the hotel. Walking, talking, and trying to figure out what the hell I am saying all at once is a bit of a challenge…” Cal wasn’t entirely lying. He always got out of breath when he talked normally, with how fast he talked and how much he said. While he walked and tried to talk on top of that, he got out of breath way too fast for his liking. Stupid asthma. It gets worse every year. Luckily he’ll be away from his whore and bitch for a mom so it could get better. Maybe.

“Ethan… you are completely capable of just about anything and you know it!!” Either Tyler was developing telepathic abilities or knows Morse code, both of which would make everything an absolute nightmare, since he just magically seemed to know what Ethan was saying. Telepathic abilities would mean TJ could hear his thoughts. Not so good. Morse code on the other hand would mean Tyler could hear Cal and Ethan’s conversations. That would be horrible. Good God, the amount of shipping wars they have would make it seem like you were on Tumblr. Slightly fearfully, Cal nodded along to what TJ said. “Yeah, what he said. I mean, I was thinking more like… A dog walker, a umm… a coffee runner or whatever you call the people who run and get food or drinks for office workers, chef, um… or a janitor? I mean, Tyler’s works too, but there are those options for more… legal ways about this.” Cal paused for a long moment before he laughed. He let out a sigh as he shook his head. “Who am I kidding? Half the group never does anything ‘legally’ anymore.”

The walk to the hotel was mostly a quiet one. Nothing too special, nothing too interesting. Axel walked beside Cal though so that was nice. He didn’t know what it was about Axel, but he always gave off this calmness to him that was something Cal knew he could have. Being calm? That was just not something he could do. Off his meds crazy? Goddamn insane? Sure. He couldn’t remember the last time he had been ‘calm’ though. When he was with Axel though, Cal guessed that would be the closest thing to calmness his steroid, squirrel brain could be. So Cal just thought about songs as he walked along with his friend. There has been this one song that he had been humming earlier, when he was giving Aries the bandaids. He couldn’t remember the lyrics or most of the song in fact. It was just this one small part of the song where you can just feel the music. Do you ever feel that? When you’re listening to music or watching a movie or a game or whatever, and you just… feel it? Cal wondered if he was the only one who did. Who knows? Maybe Axel or Aries could feel the music like him? If he ever remembered the name of the song, he would show them. No doubt.

As they entered the hotel, he paid no mind to almost everything that was happening. He just seemed to zone out again. He could have sworn he was hearing static. Like a broken tv or a radio in the fog. Before he knew it, he had followed Axel and the others into the hotel room. He didn’t know how he honestly got there. He didn’t remember walking there, but there he was. Just, right there. In the room. He wanted to question it or if he was seeing things, but he didn’t want to seem awkward.

“I call dibs on this bed!!” Cal practically screamed, going from dead silent into a roar of loudness. Cal threw his backpack off his shoulder and onto the foot of the bed before flopping down onto the bed. Cal instantly melted into the bed, his face burried in the center of the bed and his feet sticking off the edge. Cal couldn’t care less though. The bed was so… so… “Man… This is so fucking soft…” Cal let out a content sigh before giggling like a child. “Fuck, I don’t care if I have to sleep with all of you crushing me. This is the softest bed I have ever been in. Anyone can sleep with me, but just know that I am having this bed. Why this one, I don’t know, but I like it.”
A Mystery of Choices | RP ThreadJune 12, 2021 08:56 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
January 10th
Tyler 'TJ' Jacobson/16/O+/Male/Spotted Hyena/Mono/Bisexual/Mentions: General
Entering the room, Tyler let out a low whistle. "Twenny bucks for a suite?" That was a ridiculously good deal, as far as his experiences with human monetary value went. He'd been expecting a dingy single room covered in watermarks and with a corner subsumed by some form of sentient mold. "Check for water damage and black fuzzy spots though. He fliched at Cal's sudden shout, muscles half-tensing at the abrupt noise. "If it smells musty or earthy, get off it." Tyler began walking around the rooms, opening doors and looking for anything amiss. He didn't find any corpses or abandoned guns, at least, though there was a patch of yellowish-brown staining on the ceiling of one of the closets. Probably from smoking inside the closet, for whatever reason, since he could catch a faint wiff of nicotine. An odd choice, since he hadn't seen any 'No Smoking' signs, but maybe he'd just missed them. He'd been more focused on the people than the signage, after all. "I'll abandon any claim on a bed." He called from the hall. Perhaps a doored closet? One of the non-stained ones, at least. They were big enough for him, and perfect for hiding out inside in case someone tried to steal their stuff. Because twenty dollars for a space this big and nice? With apparently really comfortable beds? Yeah, Tyler's going to be eyeing the doors all night. Maybe he could lurk under the fuuton in the main room? That'd be the best place to guard for break-ins, and as central as he'd be able to get while still staying hidden from potential thieves. None of the windows were broken, the bedframes seemed sturdy, the latches and locks were all intact. Seriously, way too good to be true! There had to be some kind of catch. Theives? Pressganging? Kidnapping? Top secret government experimentation? Tyler didn't trust it, not one bit. He'd keep his knives close, maybe even his ax. Nobody wanted to tangle with the psycho teen swinging an axe like it were a twig, after all.
A Mystery of Choices | RP ThreadJune 15, 2021 10:40 AM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award

January 10th, ??? / 10:55-11:10

Leroy Hall/Ethan Brimstone/Axel Founte

16/B-/O/A/Male/Trans male/Water/Aura Sensing/Quicker Healing/Both/Pansexual/Gay/Asexual Panromantic

Axel followed Nabih, giving Cal a rather concerned look when he answered his question, but decided to let it go. It wouldn’t do any good to get onto him for something Axel couldn’t really control at the moment. Maybe when they were alone again he could ask about it.

“Ethan… you are completely capable of just about anything and you know it!!”

Ethan blinked in surprise when Tyler spoke up, feeling a bit of concern rise in his chest. How had TJ known what him and Cal were talking about? Surly the guy didn’t understand morse code! That would be bad… really bad, actually, considering how much shipping him and Cal did. And with how Cal teased him about maybe liking Tyler…

E could stop his cheeks from warming a little at the idea, but he quickly pushed away the emotion and smiled at Tyler in what he hoped to be a grateful way.

“Yeah, what he said. I mean, I was thinking more like… A dog walker, a umm… a coffee runner or whatever you call the people who run and get food or drinks for office workers, chef, um… or a janitor? I mean, Tyler’s works too, but there are those options for more… legal ways about this. Who am I kidding? Half the group never does anything ‘legally’ anymore.”

Ethan nodded in agreement, sensing Cal’s nervousness too. Oh boy, if they were right they’d have a lot of explaining to do.

Once they were inside, Ethan fell behind the group slightly, watching as Nabih spoke to the front desk worker, and catching Axel’s eye when he glanced back, offering an encouraging smile. E smiled back and waited for the group to keep moving, staying next to Eva and behind Leroy, who seemed rather zoned out at the moment, hoping that the desk lady wouldn’t try to talk to him. He always hated his first interactions with people, the way that their faces changed either into pity or disgust when they realized he couldn’t speak. Then their voices would change too. Most speaking to him in a higher voice, cooing as though he were a baby, and others simply rolled their eyes and walked away, finding him annoying and uninteresting simply because he didn’t have the ability to hold a normal conversation. You’d think Ethan would be used to it by now, but he wasn’t. No matter how hard he tried, a small part of him continued to hope that people would realize he wasn’t so different from them. That they’d treat him normally, and when they didn’t? It hurt. Even if he didn’t show it.

Hell, even this group had shown initial pity when he first joined, though they were less obvious about it than others.

It ended up okay though, because Nabih got the key and they moved on, finding their new suit.

Axel smiled politely to the front desk lady and nodded along with what was being said, thanking her before following Nabih up to their new suit. Axel blinked in surprise at the size of the place, he’d been expecting something much smaller for only twenty dollars.

“I call dibs on this bed!!”

Axel jumped slightly at Cal’s suddenly loud voice, but he recovered quickly and smiled in amusement as Cal tacked the bed.

“Man… This is so fucking soft… Fuck, I don’t care if I have to sleep with all of you crushing me. This is the softest bed I have ever been in. Anyone can sleep with me, but just know that I am having this bed. Why this one, I don’t know, but I like it.”

Axel laughed softly. “I-I can sleep wherever.” He stated, though his eyes remained on Cal, soft and amused.

Ethan nodded in agreement with Axel’s words, stating that he was also willing to sleep wherever was best.

Leroy, who had been distracted and quiet ever since they got off the train, snapped out of his trance when Cal spoke. “Damn it, you’re loud.” He complained. “I’ll sleep with the nerd.” He added, nodding towards Nabih, then quickly added an explination. “He seems the least clingy of you all.” Of course, this wasn’t the real reason Leroy would prefer to sleep with Nabih. He was the most comfortable around him, and though he would never admit it, Nabih was the person Leroy trusted most. That was saying a lot, considering the fact that he kept everyone at arms length and was very slow to trust and let people close to him. Plus, Leroy was keeping a secret for Nabih already, so if he happened to do something fucking stupid (such as start crying over his brothers notes again), Nabih wouldn’t have any reason to tell. Unlike the others.

Also, there was the fact that, though he definitely didn’t act like it, Leroy could be clingy himself, when he got close to someone. Of course, this fact was well hidden and Leroy didn’t intend to let it show anytime soon.

When Leroy said this, Ethan smirked in Cal’s directions, his eyes gleaming with triumph.

‘Told ya so.’

A Mystery of Choices | RP ThreadJune 18, 2021 10:19 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

January 10th

Eva Yates

16/A/Female/Uncontrollable Strength/Both/Lesbian/Mention: Everyone (Dir)

There wasn't much Eva missed about her, now old, life, but if she had to reach deep down and pull something up from the depth of her soul, it was quiet. The bustling city around them passed by in a blur of gray and, well, more gray as the constant roar of chatter invaded the ears of the small girl. The longer they walked, a seldom-known silence settling over the group, the more Eva lagged, just shuffling along enough to keep ahead of the few people behind her. Before she could begin the complaining that threatened to spill from her mouth the group began to slow, the people in the front veering into a building that was, once again, GRAY. Giving a little nod of appreciation towards Aries as she passed through the door he held open, the girl inwardly groaned at the location of the room. Dragging her feet, Evie glared up at the wooden nuisances before her, wishing they'd disappear and leave a far superior elevator behind. Beginning her ascent up the stairwell, Eva steeled herself for the journey ahead, determination surging through her with each step. "I will not embarrass myself anymore. No way am I gonna let them think I cant climb some stupid stairs."

One, relatively short, flight of stairs later, and Eva heaved with each new step, staring down at her feet as she leaned heavily against the banister and practically dragged herself up. By the time she passed the last step, Evas' head pounded from the lack of oxygen, dry heaving in an attempt to calm her screaming heart as they walked the mercifully short distance to their temporary home away from...well, you can't call what any of them had before 'home' so, home away from previous living quarters.

It wasn't anything special no, but it was better than what could be expected for $20. "Kay, who did y'all blackmail for this room cause it's either that or there's something wrong with these hotel people." Thankfully only huffing once or twice throughout her sentence, Evie watched as Cal staked claim over the bed, covering the snicker that escaped her with a scoff. Looking around, the girl marched towards the closest outlet, plopping down onto the single-person bunk next to it and reaching into her backpack, yanking out her charger with practiced ease and carefully plugging it into the wall. Sighing in relief as the nearly dead battery flashed green, lying the phone onto the bunk to charge.

Forums > Roleplay > Literate
   1   ..    8    9    10    11    12   ..   16 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us