Wolf Play : Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!
Chatbox
 ZEFHYR
06:39:55 
Boeing, what level do you have to get to in order to do that?!
 mission goofy
06:39:32 
boeing - bahaha all goods one of the first things i did when i made this account was turn of notifications for those because i simply Do Not Care
 kycantina
06:39:13 ky
-WP Click-

ooh should I keep her?
 mission goofy
06:38:58 
-WP Click- oh i got a surpassing valor! yippee
 Boeing
06:38:56 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Hi Fei ^^

goofy
Also I meant to apologize. For some reason I keep finding your den in Explore and my wolves keep taking stuff
 Feiella
06:37:41 Fei the writer
hungry
 Boeing
06:36:43 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
goofy
I probably shouldn't've but oh well lol
 mission goofy
06:36:28 
-WP Click- one of my girls popped a 71R pup woah
 mission goofy
06:36:03 
boeing - hell yeah banana bread
 Boeing
06:35:45 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
goofy
I don't know... I guess something happened to the seagull. A bunch of feathers around it's neck are just gone, leaving literally a hole in their feathers
felt bad for it so it's now the proud owner of a slice of banana bread
 mission goofy
06:34:29 
boeing - damn that seagull is wild lol
yippee slightly milder weather
 Boeing
06:33:55 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
goofy
There's a seagull with a hole in it's neck trying to steal my banana bread
Other than that... for once it's not horifically cold
 kycantina
06:33:52 ky
Explore or sleep gamers? I have to be up in 6 hours
 mission goofy
06:32:26 
boeing - weathers still acting like that metronome meme, how are you doin down south
 Boeing
06:31:52 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Goofy
How are you doing up north there
 mission goofy
06:31:04 
hi boeing! :D
 Boeing
06:30:27 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
heya mission goofy
 mission goofy
06:28:52 
all 3 of my pregnant girls popped overnight and holy balls theres so many good puppers
 AppleTrees
06:17:58 Apples
Sweet, well thank you very much! I wish your pack fertility in the future :]
 Long Wang
06:15:49 Sweet/Brandy/Dragon
I don't breed much so I can't give that much of advice, but I've only bred a twin pups (no triplets) once on my account ever since it came out.

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Black Bear : -4
Margay : +3
Mamba : +2
    Fall   Day  Weather:  Sunny

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Fantasy
   1   ..    2    3    4    5    6    7    8   ..   9 

Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!July 29, 2024 07:36 AM

Matunda

Darkseeker

Give Award
Mort'luath
Male | Outpost Storm Dragon | Rider: Ciliren | M: Ciliren. Sorisansa. Aegon. Talvi. Eirian.

The demeanor of his rider switched at his statement, reflecting feelings of awkwardness as she gently kicked at the ground with her two feet, before continuing to speak. He hadn't intended to make her feel bad, rather he meant to teach her. When she has a family of her own, they might get irritated by her waking them up in the middle of the night. Again, Mort'luath had to remember that she was in fact not his child, and a full grown lady in human years now, who didn't need her behavior to be corrected by him.

"My Cygnus. There is no reason for you to apologize dear." Mort'luath's voice rumbled softly as he craned his neck forward, towards Ciliren's outstretched hands. "I will gladly go on patrol with you." At the feel of her gentle strokes, a soft purring echoed from his throat, his tensed face visibly relaxing. His large head gently leaned towards her, until the tip of his snout was only a few inches away from her.

The sound of Eirian, with a voice laced with irritation, was truly such a sad interruption. The male human's voice hissed towards Ciliren, causing rage to boil within Mort'luath. No one was allowed to hiss at his Cygnus with such disgraceful manners as that human showed towards her. His large head swung to gaze at Eirian, his face curling up to show his gums further, as a loud, gutteral rumble from deep within his throat escaped his jaws. A puff of mist out of his nostrils followed when the human made his departure. It took all his might to not chomp the human in half. At least this time he didn't roar in his face.

After the human had disappeared, Mort'luath turned back to Cygnus. Then, approaching footsteps made him turn back to the stairs. Sorisansa, Cygnus' twin, had awoken too. However Mort'luath wasn't exactly the most fond of Ciliren's twins, he tolerated them only due to them being his rider's siblings. If it was his choice, he would've devoured them long ago. He still sometimes felt a strong urge to eat them, but he resisted it, because he couldn't bring himself to devour humans of Ciliren's bloodline. He'd probably be sick for a couple weeks- no years afterwards.

Aegon appeared next to him, his pearlescent, crystal blue scales glowing in the moonlight, reflecting off his white scales to give them a blue appearance as well. Mort'luath dipped his head towards the male, before turning to look at Sorisansa again. After greeting him, she gave him a small bow to him on her way over to Aegon.

The moment the second twin spoke to Ciliren, Mort'luath already knew what was about to happen next. Cygnus immediately retorted, and he could even slightly feel her glaring at her sibling from around his chest. Then Sorisansa continued, her grin spreading further across her face, which only triggered Ciliren more, and made her hiss back. "A polite reminder that I cannot light you aflame, Cygnus." He interjected. "I would have to have great precision with my lighting to do so." He tried to split up the argument so that they don't continue bickering further. It was to no avail, however, as they still continued.

Mort'luath turned to Aegon to give him a quick shrug before turning back to Cygnus, who was gently brushing her hands against his skin. A purr rumbled from him, as he leaned down to let her climb up onto his back safely. "Don't fall. It's a near thirty foot drop for you." He chuffed, twisting his neck around to use his head to gently nudge Cygnus up onto his back. He could see Talvi S'naedus in the corner of his eye brushing her scales against Aegon before taking off. How cute.

Edited at July 29, 2024 07:37 AM by Matunda
Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!July 29, 2024 09:20 AM

_Moonshadow_

Darkseeker

Give Award

Aegon

Outpost Dragon | Male | Rider: Sorisansa | Mentions: Sorisansa, Ciliren, Mort'luath, Talvi, Koa

Aegon waited a small distance from the entrance, giving Mort'luath and Ciliren plenty of space. He sensed Talvi's conscienceness a moment before she rubbed her head along his shoulder, a low purring noise rumbling in her throat. He seen Sorisansa appear out of the corner of eye as he leaned into Talvi's touch.

"I'll find you whenever Ciliren decides it is fit to sleep again." He said as Talvi exited the cave and took to the skies. He wished ro follow her, but he knew she and her rider needed a few moments alone.

He shifted his attention down to Sorisansa, appreciating how she approached him. She always made sure to approach him from the side, something he had informed her of years ago when he first bonded her.

He noticed Mort'luath dip his head toward him, and Aegon returned the gesture. He didn't know the other storm dragon very well, but there had always been some mutual respect between the two.

He listened as Sorisansa and her sister bickered, amusement written over his face. He rolled his eyes as Mort'luath shrugged. Aegon had no siblings, so the concept of sibling bickering was foreign to him.

He waited for them to finish, looking out over the ocean that lapped at the mountain side.

He looked down at Sorisansa when she spoke through the bond.

"I suppose. Your sister is lucky I'm not hungry." He was joking of course, he wouldn't eat anyone Sansa was close too. And humans don't taste very good.

He lowered himself toward the ground under his chest scales brushed the stone, making it easy for Sorisansa to climb on.

He stood once she was in her seat, walking toward the entrance of the cave and standing on his back legs. He spread his wings and launched into the night sky, a cool breeze chilling him slightly. He flew at a somewhat lazy pace, his muscles still tired. His blue eyes scanned the vast ocean, the calm waves a soothing lullaby as they flew over the large body of water.

"Have you spoke to Koa recently? Talvi said he wasn't feeling well." Aegon asked, making some idle conversation for the fly.

Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!July 29, 2024 09:12 PM

Honey

Darkseeker

Give Award
Ardian Cantacuzene
Apprentice Rider | Male | Dragon: Guang Huangho | M: Guang, Maximillian (ind.), apprentice riders & dragons (ind.)

Guang's voice wove through Ardian's mind in response to his plea for help. He was privately relieved; though they hadn't managed to get along once in their time together at the Academy, her silvery, bell-like tone settled his nerves somewhat.

A pickup spot, he thought, still disorientated by the smog-choked air around him. Though he could barely see a foot in any direction, every so often he could hear a dragon's roar or the flapping of wings from somewhere above his head. He had no idea where they were headed. Were they evacuating, leaving the rest of the students and faculty behind? Had reinforcements been sent in to help defend the school? He wasn't sure that there was anything left to defend; everywhere he looked, flames danced around craters left by the boulders launched onto the grounds. With how many he had counted so far, the barracks, above-ground rookery, and the rest of the buildings would have been completely demolished.

Ardian hurried through the field of boulders, crouched low and on high alert for the sound of another projectile whizzing through the air. He hadn't heard the boom of an impact for quite some time now, but that didn't mean they were safe. Maybe whoever was attacking wanted to lull them into that false sense of security.

The courtyard was barely recognizable when he finally reached it. Only small sections of the cobblestones remained, the rest blown to smithereens by the explosions. Ardian glanced over at where Maximillian had been sparring and swallowed the wave of panic rising in his throat. He couldn't do anything for his brother now. He'd just have to hope he had already made his way to safety.

Ardian hurried towards the silhouette of the forest against the horizon. At least he would have some cover, and maybe the trees would soften the impact of any future explosions.

He only allowed himself to look back once he made it to the treeline. He felt like he'd been punched in the gut. The Academy was engulfed in flame and smoke. He could barely make out the outlines of the remaining buildings through the filthy air. Several dragons swooped over the grounds, but it was impossible to tell whether they were fleeing or arriving to help.

He had no idea how anyone left at the school would have survived. He thought of Max again, and his chest tightened.

Ardian's lungs ached from breathing in so much smoke and dust, and he wheezed as he staggered further into the forest. He hoped that their attackers weren't hiding out in the woods; they'd hear him coming from a mile away. He finally stumbled across a small, moonlit clearing, impossibly still compared to the chaos he'd just left behind. He slumped against a large rock at the edge of the clearing. The canopy above still ensured that he was covered enough so that he wouldn't be seen by anyone flying overhead.

He shut his eyes and tilted his head against the stone. He wanted nothing more than to sleep, to not worry about Max, to forget about the horrific scene at the Academy for just a few hours.

Ardian remembered Guang's instructions suddenly. He squeezed his eyes shut and reached for their bond once again. It felt much more difficult this time, perhaps because he was so exhausted and afraid.

I'm in a clearing in the woods, he called out to her, and realized that that was incredibly nondescriptive. He did his best to picture the scene in his mind, hoping that she would be able to see it and recognize his surroundings.

If not, his chances of getting out of here were slim. Returning to the Academy was not an option; it had almost certainly sustained irreparable damage, and there was no way to know if their attackers had occupied it. He couldn't wander through the woods forever, either. He tried to relax his muscles and focus on his breathing, and he prayed that Guang was on her way.
Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!July 30, 2024 02:38 AM

High Hills Pack

Lightbringer

Give Award

Laban Thayer || Male || 18 || Apprentice Rider || Dragon: Esen || M: Esen, Random NPCs (Ind)

It was a contentious evening for the whole of the Academy to say the very least, tension inflicting the air like the smoke from a fire. Sleep was foreign to their minds, their hearts snuggly wrapped in a blanket in anxiety and uncertainty too strong to withstand. Students, dragons, and staff alike all stayed alert during this hour, chatting amongst themselves theories and ponderings concerning the source of their worry. These people appeared to mostly be wide awake, neither having the capacity or desire to slumber. Yet, for some, its accessibility remained ever tantalizing – visible but just out of arm’s reach.

Laban was of no exception to the latter, drowsy and of little focus. His form hunched over a table of one of the common areas while his forehead rested on its wooden surface. His arms wrapped around either side of it – his left coming to curl in front of his forehead while the right went out straight to keep hold of his drink. A poor attempt to find the capacity to rest, really. The usually bustling common area was now rather lacking in human activity, most of the Academy’s students being located elsewhere as they awaited further revelations of their present situation. Those that did settle on gathering here held hushed conversations between their companions, their voices managing to echo throughout the space while still being indecipherable. He, however, had no one around to speak with. Not that he minded in the slightest. He was content to have his half lidded eyes stare directly at the shadowed wood surface below, allowing his thoughts twirling around the situation at hand.

The arrival of their wounded comrade, “Anais Durston” he believed it was, was the driving factor of the students’ present troubles and his lack of rest – the incident so sudden and unnerving that a great number were still attempting to wrap their heads around the situation. Questions upon questions stacked on top of one another, occasionally combining to form entirely new query. What was able to bypass his dragon to do that much damage? Where was his dragon? Was she deceased or merely lost? Patrolling the area in hopes of deterring whatever threat attacked her companion? None available for answers any time soon. The uneasiness these ponderings called for was enough to keep the white haired boy awake for hours.

A long rush of air leaves the boy as he shifts his head, taking his forehead off the wooden expanse and resting his chin upon it instead. His green eyes shift to his cup, disinterested in its contents but content with looking at something else for a change. Not that the room was any brighter than his buried head, anyway.

Any and all of his drowsiness rushed away like torrents of rain at the first impact, his head shooting up in alarm at its force. His once partially closed eyes were now shot open, staring directly towards where the sound began. The world around him rocked and shuddered in its wake as it would in a more wild earthquake. His drink lapped at the sides of his wooden mug, bits and pieces forming droplets on his hand and the table below. With a mix of a slow cautionary turn and a swift jump, the farmer boy shifts to completely face the area – eyes solely focused in that direction. Those within the room immediately silences their utterances, all doing the same as him.

It didn’t take long for the rest of the barrage to follow its leader, the pounding of impact after impact slamming into the stone walls resonating throughout the building they all resided within… But none expected the one that would hit theirs.

In a matter of seconds the nearest wall fell inwards, crushing those unfortunate enough to be underneath its expanse – its triumphant competitor a large and inflamed stone following suit. Cobblestone and flames rained down from the shattered barrier, threatening to entomb any that did not avoid its tumbling. The young man did not hesitate to flee at the sight of the man-made avalanche, doing his best to avoid being squashed underneath it all. Towards a doorway he went, his hope being that another wall could possibly halt the crumbling stones before him. Screams erupted from the few that resided in the room with him, piercing his ears like metal grating against a grindstone. However, many were short lived, abruptly cut mid stanza as they too were caught in the approaching danger. Still, they rang through his mind like echoes in a coliseum.

Stray stones flew form, crashing into those beneath its master – forcing a good number of the remaining students to stumble and fall before the ever increasing rockslide. Their screams, too, were stopped before they had a real chance to carry forth. As seconds ticked by, the remnants of the falling wall encroached further and further on the boy’s heels – as though hot in his trail. Small pebbles began to beat against his back, as the mix of dust and smoke produced began to pull ahead of him. In one last ditch effort, he dives for the exit. Two strong hits from stray stones land on his right side right as he does so, striking the lower parts of his ribs and upper stomach. However painful it was, the impact did manage to give him a boost and propelled him away from the rest of its form.

By some miracle, Laban manages to land on the other side of the still-standing stone brick wall. As he hoped, its more structurally sound makeup did prevent the avalanche from progressing in its tracks. But that did not stop some of its lower portion from spilling through.

The tall boy stays on the floor for a beat or two, attempting to steady himself after what he endured – curled up into a ball-like position on his left side. Coughs sounded from him at first, attempting to relinquish his body of any dust and smoke he inhaled before or after the collapsing of the wall. Deep breaths wracked his body, his lungs burning from exertion. His side thrumbed with each and every breath, indicating some less-than-miniscule injury. Still, it was unknown to him if it was something incredibly serious. Those few around him that had managed to escape attempted to gather their bearings as well, either catching their breath or staring teary eyed at the destroyed common area before them.

A call through the bond pushed its way into his mind, overwriting the echoing screams of his fallen fellow students. Never before had he been so grateful to hear another voice. ‘Laban! I'm coming. Don't stay too close to the buildings,’ Esen warns – an ironic warning given what he had just experienced.

The white haired boy shuffles on the ground, maneuvering his hands to push himself into a crawling position with a pained groan. ‘Noted.’

With some effort Thayer manages to stand, stumble slightly as he gets himself upright. His right arm moves to wrap lightly around his side in a protective manner, keeping off just enough to not disturb the area. Turning away from the rumble he begins to jog towards the nearest exit with a few of the other survivors. His side protests as he does so, not that he listened. Only thing stayed within his head now: get outside.

Leaving the expanse of what was once the Academy, he makes his way to the courtyard despite the chaos that seemed to resonate from it. For a few seconds, all he can do is stand there – watching dragons and humans do their best to stay alive and fight back, if not flee. Fire danced all around its stretch of ground as did… He dare not look at those.

Shaking his head he jogs forth, doing his best to stay low and avoid incoming attacks all the while – using rubble and smoke as cover. His focus stuck strictly to looking for incoming attacks, so much so that he did not hear the whispered callings of his own dragon over the bond.

As the young man attempted to exit the particularly thick screen of smoke he now walked though, he very nearly ran into the bluebell dragon he had been looking for. The gentle beast in question was quick to pull him towards her with a whine, her form shaking against his though she seemed to try and still it. He tries his best not to flinch as she does so, not wishing to show any sign of his injury until far away from this place. However, he does attempt to reciprocate the motion as best he can.

At her warning, Laban nods his head and climbs onto her back as best he could while still holding his side. Leaning forward, he wraps his arms (finally leaving his sore side unprotected) around her neck – clinging to it for dear life. Once sure that he was properly in place, he goes to pat her side to signal that he was ready for take off.

‘Let’s go.’

Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!August 1, 2024 10:27 PM

The Bewitched

Darkseeker

Give Award

⋆༺𓆩☣𓆪༻⋆⋆༺𓆩☣𓆪༻⋆

Draíochtach

| Venom Dragon | Female | Squad Leader’s Dragon | Mentions: Renzana

Indirectly: Kikimora (Mate/NPC), Mentors, Rookies

⋆༺𓆩☣𓆪༻⋆⋆༺𓆩☣𓆪༻⋆

Draíochtach's head was ringing, her senses overwhelmed by the cacophony of battle and the piercing pain of her loss. The distant echoes of Renzana's voice, filled with promises and hopes, reached her through the tumult, but they felt almost unreal, distant and muffled. She couldn’t bring herself to respond, her mind too consumed by grief and rage to process anything beyond the agony consuming her.

Her heart ached with the raw wound of Kikimora's loss, yet Draíochtach forced herself to push through the searing pain. A growl of frustration and sorrow tore from her throat. The Academy grounds, once a sanctuary of learning and safety, now lay in ruins, a haunting testament to the devastation of war. Leaving this place, even temporarily, felt like a betrayal of her fallen mate, but she had to ensure the survival of those still fighting.

As they traversed the shattered landscape, Draíochtach caught sight of the other mentor pair, Iris and Nalukraja, in the sky nearby. She hoped they were gathering the remaining apprentices. As Draíochtach and Renzana completed their final sweep and began to ascend away from the battlefield, Draíochtach felt like her heart was breaking all over again as she flew away from her fallen mate. She let out a roar of raw agony, the sound echoing through the night sky, a haunting testament to the love and bond severed by the cruel hand of war.

With a powerful flap of her wings, Draíochtach veered sharply upwards at breakneck speed. The sudden ascent was both a desperate escape from the horrors below and a way to channel the overwhelming grief and rage coursing through her. She continued to climb until they pierced through the smoke layer into the clear air, though the freedom from the choking haze did little to alleviate her suffocating pain.

Draíochtach leveled out, her wings beating steadily as she headed Northwest, following the path taken by the mentors and rookies. The cool air was a small relief against her heated scales, but the pain in her heart remained a constant, agonizing throb. She could feel Renzana's bond pressing against her, a soft tendril wanting to comfort Draíochtach and urging her to open up again.

As they ascended higher, Draíochtach’s sharp eyes scanned the skies ahead. She quickly caught up to the group of mentors and rookies, their figures moving as a coordinated unit. Draíochtach let out a soft trill to Xuejiao, a signal to announce her presence. From above, she began to count them, confirming that the majority were accounted for. However, a few were missing, including Iris and Nalukraja, the other mentor pair. Draíochtach knew they were likely close behind, still guiding the remaining apprentices through the hellscape.

Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!August 1, 2024 11:44 PM

The Bewitched

Darkseeker

Give Award

☪︎ ִ ࣪𖤐 𐦍 ☾𖤓

Sylphiel Valroris

Outpost Rider | Female | Dragon: K'issuk Rán | Mentions: Eirian

Indirectly: Sorisana, Ciliren, K'issuk Ran

☪︎ ִ ࣪𖤐 𐦍 ☾𖤓

As Syl began to head toward where the dragons rested, the enticing aroma of bacon wafted towards her. She paused, her feet instinctively turning toward the kitchen. She could catch up with her sisters later on and let K'issuk Ran sleep longer; for now, she decided to indulge in a quiet breakfast.

Entering the kitchen, Sylphiel spotted Eirian’s dark red hair as he settled at the table, his back to her, with his eyes closed. “Ren got you too?” she huffed with a soft smile, making her way to the tea kettle. The gentle hiss of steam and the comforting scent of brewing tea—spiced with hints of chamomile and mint—mingled with the aroma of sizzling bacon, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere.

She settled into a chair across from Eirian, the warmth of the kitchen enveloping her as she prepared her tea and helped herself to a few strips of bacon. The kitchen’s gentle light and the savory smells created a sanctuary from the relentless pace of their duties. Sylphiel let the peace of the moment wash over her, allowing her mind to relax.

The tea was warm between her hands, a comforting presence. The taste was soothing and warm, with delicate notes of herbs that eased her thoughts, relaxing her muscles completely. It was too early for a full meal; the sun hadn’t even risen yet, and the kitchen was still bathed in a soft, candlelight glow. Though her hunger was mild, the act of savoring the bacon and sipping the hot tea brought a sense of calm and contentment she often missed in the rush of their daily lives.

She knew her sisters would appreciate Eirian’s food spread when they returned, a welcome sight in their busy schedule. Sylphiel took another sip of her tea, letting its warmth seep into her. As she gazed out the kitchen window at the still dark sky, catching her blurred reflection, her mind drifted back to her childhood home.

She recalled the mornings of her youth, where the kitchen was a hub of activity. The scent of freshly baked bread would mingle with the aroma of herbs and spices. Her mother, always bustling about, would hum softly as she prepared breakfast, a ritual that filled the house with warmth and cheer. Her father’s deep voice would join in, calling out instructions or sharing stories from his day. Sylphiel would sit at the long wooden table, her sisters around her, their laughter and chatter creating a lively backdrop to the comforting routine.

Her fingers twirled absentmindedly around a curl of one of her stark white braids, her gaze distant as her thoughts wandered through memories. Her pale blue eyes took on a cloudy appearance as she sunk into the past. A bitter taste lingered in her mouth as she thought of her parents.

Communication from their parents was infrequent and primarily focused on politics or their next mission. Despite this, Sylphiel knew, deep down, that their parents were proud of the path they had chosen and the strength they had shown.

Edited at August 1, 2024 11:46 PM by The Bewitched
Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!August 2, 2024 12:08 AM

Sanania

Neutral

Give Award

Ciliren Valroris

Outpost Rider | Female | Dragon: Mort’luath
Mentions: Mort’luath & Sansa (dir) Aegon, & K’issuk (ind)

"A polite reminder that I cannot light you aflame, Cygnus." He had interjected. "I would have to have great precision with my lighting to do so."

In response to his interjection Ciliren had grinned wildly. Mort’luath like many dragons struggled to grasp certain human concepts such as analogies and sometimes sarcasm. She had squeezed in a reply shortly after.

‘I know you cannot light me aflame, my dear Cepheus. It was sarcasm of which I replied to Sansa with. She knows this as well, considering Aegon also only breathes lightning.’

"Don't fall. It's a near thirty foot drop for you." She had begun her climb onto his shoulder appreciating his assistance.

‘I do believe the drop must be much more given my height.’ She would retort back, teasingly with a warm grin.

Having leapt into the air, she always embraced the initial jolt of adrenaline it gave her. She would clench her thighs unimaginably tight around the divot between his shoulders, gripping upon the spines along the back of his neck that protruded as though they had belonged there for a rider's hands to grip. She allowed her snow-white bob to whip wildly around her face and neck embracing the wildness of the wind which only grew as the storm had finally settled around them.

Once straightening out Ren would peer over the broad shoulders of Mort’luath. Nothing but a black sea beneath them. Thunder would rumble in the distance, surely making its way towards them. Excitement coursed through her veins, nothing could ever match the exhilaration of flying. That is, perhaps the closest to this feeling would be slaying enemies which have yet to ever find their well-hidden Outpost.

There were supposedly several Outposts, this one being the closest to the Academy in comparison to all the others. Ciliren during their initial arrival truly did fall in love with their new station, it felt much like home intertwined with nature. Cold stone serving as their fortress of protection and the beach below making a wonderful home for K’issuk. There was a purpose to being out here that felt more than just serving as protection against imperial pirates of other kingdoms. Getting out of her head she would peer behind them, their home nothing but a speck of rock in the distance. She had searched for her twin and realized she hadn’t bothered to peer above. That was one thing Aegon had over Mort’luath, the ability to fly at higher altitudes; an ability she did not envy whatsoever knowing full well she had the more vengeful of the two storm dragons. Another thing she had to bear in mind was the need for sunlight concerning Mort’luath, after a while in the dark he would feel drained rather quickly which she was fortunate for, seeing as the upcoming storm would perhaps prevent that feeling at least for this evening patrol.

‘We can aim to do just a quick fly through the border and then return back Cepheus.’ She gestured gently through their bond.

Still peering upwards she would sign to her sister both hands releasing their grip:
Just a short ride by the borders then we’ll head back.

↠↠↠

Sorisansa Valroris

Outpost Rider | Female | Dragon: Aegon
Mentions: Aegon & Ciliren (Dir) Mort’luath, Koa, Talvi (Ind)

‘I suppose. Your sister is lucky I'm not hungry.’ He stated jokingly.

Even if Aegon had meant it Sansa wouldn’t be upset if he did grow an appetite for humans. She chuckled nonetheless and climbed on. She loved how Aegon would accommodate for her, although her being taller than both her sisters granted her many advantages. She would lean into her seat between his shoulders as he launched forward. Her long white hair would blow behind her wildly, gracefully, almost regally.

The way the two storm dragons were alike yet different could be read by the way they flew. Aegon, while quite lazy, paid no need to flapping as often allowing the length of his wings to aid in their aerodynamic dance. Whereas Mort’luath had an air of power to the beats of his wings. Granted they were entirely different in structure. Aegon with the build of a wyvern while Mort'luath a true dragon. They both were storm dragons however, opposing in colorations and in mannerisms. Additionally, while Mort’luath was renown to be rather temperamental, Aegon was likely to be the more docile of all the outpost dragons.

Sansa would gaze down toward her sister whose alabaster bob swayed and danced wildly in the wind. She had already begun her usual patrol mannerisms, glancing in all directions. Ciliren would eventually peer up toward her and sign: Just a short ride by the borders then we’ll head back.

Sansa signed with a lazy: Ok ; returning her gaze in front of them.

‘Have you spoken to Koa recently? Talvi said he wasn't feeling well.’ He would question.

‘Hmm… I haven’t. Dinner was rather quiet last night but it could have just been a long day for everyone.’ She replied innocently. Perhaps that was why dinner was so quiet.

Eirian generally kept to himself, however Koa and Ren had always been neck and neck at something. It could be over who plays marbles better, who the better hunter was, who could hold their breath the longest, there was usually almost always something absurd. However, there hadn’t been anything last night. Koa did seem a bit somber, also perhaps a bit pale the last time she saw him. He usually confided in her with things that upset or bothered him which she didn’t mind. Most people including her siblings had been that way with her a majority of her life so what’s one more person. He also trusted her not to go spilling the information haphazardly to her siblings who would only use it as ammunition.

‘I am sure it is only a matter of time before he decides to come to me. However, I am more than happy to go to him if Talvi would like me to.'
She offered kindly, cocking her head slightly.

'Ciliren says we will just be doing a quick patrol of the borders, then we can head back. I would like to find some valerian for tea as well as more honey, so do not let me forget to find those before we go back.’ She’d add, shortly after her offer.

Edited at August 2, 2024 12:11 PM by Sanania
Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!August 2, 2024 01:06 AM

High Hills Pack

Lightbringer

Give Award

Ellis de Montfort || Female || 16 || Apprentice Rider || Dragon: Viscusvoréntomon || M: Viscusvoréntomon, Xuejiao Tsasanşuurga & Laika Herriman (Mostly Ind), Other Apprentices (Ind)

War was not something Ellis had ever believed she would find herself entwined with. A path she actively tried to avoid despite her family’s long line of renowned warriors – her heart too soft for such a life. Never could she see herself sending another’s soul down to the grave, except in the most extreme of circumstances. Nor did she believe that she would have a capacity to withstand all the sights of a battlefield and not crumble in despair.

Yet here she was, in the midst of the very things she so desperately hoped to steer clear of – watch as rock after rock pummeled the grounds of the once grand Academy. Something that was now worth nothing more than a few pebbles.

She was pacing near the now unflattened barracks when it happened, just outside her shared room with Marina. Her thoughts ran this way and that of the events to the day, her mind stricken with worry over the wounded rider in their possession. From her days growing up in a household of soldiers, such wounds caused worry to stir within her. She was no stranger to battle wounds – having seen them numerous times on her father, grandfather, and a few of her cousins. But that left her to ponder: who or what did this? The absence of his dragon did help matters either, another unanswerable piece of the puzzle for now.

However, all contemplation stopped the second the first boulder hit – eyes and body jolting to take in the scene. Unlike others, she took no time in reacting to the attack (she’d have to thank her father next she sees them for the training) and swiftly rushed into her dorm to snag her leather belt and knife. It would likely do little to protect herself from these attacks, but it was at least something in case a proper invasion began.

Now, the brown haired girl was running through the courtyard, her right arm crossing over her nose and mouth and her left acting as a sort of visor for her squinted eyes. It was presently her best attempt to shield herself from the smoke and dust surrounding her, though she released a cough or two on occasion. As odd as it would seem, she had purposefully put herself into this position. Although dangerous to inhale, the particles did serve well for some cover – decreasing her chances of becoming an active target. Not that it was likely to begin with, anyway, seeing as their aim was more so on… larger targets.

The roars of dragons rang amidst the various screams and cries of her fellow students, each as heartstopping and ear piercing as the next. Enraged, heartbroken, fearful, a full array of emotions were on display through each and every one. A symphony of now war-torn souls, destined to forever be stained by the events of today or die trying to prevent any more loss. The more they called… the more she could pick out which ones had already fallen…

A shiver runs up the young rider’s spine at the prospect. Please, Viscusvoréntomon. Please don’t let one of those be from you…

Fresh air enters her lungs suddenly as she finds herself around the middle of the courtyard, out of the smoke but avoidant of the fire. Her arms drop to her knees for a few seconds to aid her in catching her breath before resting at her sides when she stands. Her stunningly red eyes proceed to scan the area before catching a glimpse of one of the mentor pairs as well as a good amount of her fellow classmates – all taking flight with their dragons in an effort to escape the massacre. Xuejiao and Laika she believed the leading pair were.

In an attempt to catch their attention, Ellis lifts her arms into the air and waves them as her short form jumps up in tandem. No sounds leave her mouth as she does so. It would be futile to actually call out among all the chaos, an even larger waste of breath. After a few seconds of this motion, she gives a signal to one of the hopefully-looking mentors – a way to let them know of her plans. She was going to find her dragon.

Without a moment’s hesitation she sets off again, charging towards the eastern side of the area. Boulders and debris fly her way throughout the trip causing some very close calls on her part. Her arms now covered the back of her head as she kept lower to the ground to protect herself. Not that he petite height didn’t already aid in this endeavor, giving any stray stones less of a target to “aim” for.

A voice’s slow rush crosses through the bond. Viscus, in all her glory. A sigh of relief inadvertently escapes the young lass at the sound, relieved that she was still kicking.

‘Viscus! Thank goodness you’re alright! I’m at the east side of the courtyard. Hurry! Let’s find Guāng then meet up with Laika and Xuejiao! I saw them heading out of here with the others!’
Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!August 3, 2024 12:19 AM

Mother

Darkseeker

Give Award

Laika Herriman || Mentor || Bond: Xuejiao || M: Xue, Apprentice Riders & Dragons, Draiochtech and Renzana, Nalukraja and Iris

It didn't take long for the first rookie pairs to take to the skies. Laika relaxed somewhat at the lack of conflict between the water and fire dragons; heavens knew that an elemental skirmish was the last thing they needed right now, and while it was logical to avoid old rivalries in the face of death, protective dragons were... not always logical. But, it seemed as though they were safe for now. Laika held on to a pair of Xue's spines as they propelled themselves away from the blazing ruins of their home. Their home... The young woman felt a fresh pang of defeat at the thought. How many of her friends and comrades now lay dead among the wreckage? How many more would sacrifice themselves to make sure she and those she trained would escape?

No. Now was not the time to give in to survivor's guilt. Laika had a team of her own to protect, and she was not going to fail. She gritted her teeth; whether her eyes were watering from emotion or smoke, she couldn't say, but any tears threatening to escape for either reason were quickly swiped away. As they slowly began to accumulate more apprentice riders and their dragons, Laika looked back once again for any signs of struggling pairs. It seemed as though every living pair was now either in front or right behind them; none of the bodies on the ground stirred.

Laika's knuckles turned white against the purple and cerulean hues of her dragon's spikes. An enemy that wouldn't show itself had attacked a school -- one with children and dragonlings present -- and had obliterated them in the most despicable manners. Hissing through gritted teeth, she breathed, "They will pay for this. I'll kill them all."

She hadn't meant for the words to escape her mind, and yet, they had. Xue was probably the only one close enough to hear, but the dragoness could have gotten the idea through their bond even without the vocalization. A little sheepish, Laika decided to pretend she hadn't said anything and instead ran her eyes over the other pairs around her once more. Clearing her throat of the smoke and ash, she twisted around once more to catch sight of the squad leaders and Iris and Raj. Both out loud and through the bond with Xuejiao, she rasped. "Looks like Raj found a couple stragglers. This is really all that's left of us, huh?"

Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!August 3, 2024 12:45 AM

Mother

Darkseeker

Give Award

Esen || New Dragon || Air || Bond: Laban || M: Laban, Iris and Raj, Desmodus and Max (Ind)

"Let's go."

The words were all that she needed to hear. Satisfied that his grip was strong enough to hang on to her, she sucked in a breath and rocketed into the air, forcing the wild air currents to send them high above the crumbling academy in record time. Simultaneously bending the air around herself and Laban to keep him better situated on her back, Esen wove in her snakelike manner towards the retreating frames of the other pairs. Hearing the rush of wings behind her, she cocked her head to view Raj and his rider doing one last scan for any others. The dragon felt sick to her stomach. There should have been so many more.

The slightest throb through the bond brought her attention to Laban. She twisted her neck to allow her iridescent purple eyes to scrutinize his frame with a frown, after which she sighed, "I apologize; I forget that humans are more fragile. I did not intend to aggravate your injuries."

The poor air quality wasn't going to be helpful to either individual, and Esen snorted at the thought of having forgotten to clear it. With a sharp huff, she sent the smoke around them away, creating a swirling sphere around them that pushed out the smoke and ash and maintained a good air pressure to hopefully ease the strain on her rider's lungs. She was slightly embarrassed that it had taken her so long to remember it; while she was used to doing it for Desmodus on occasion, a rider was still a new experience. The adrenaline was really getting in her way; so much for a life-saving hormone.

She scanned the pairs in front of them, hoping for a glimpse of the large, bat-like male. It was too dark to see anything clearly, though, and her flared nostrils had yet to pick up Desmodus's or Maximillian's scents. Esen clenched her jaw and slowed down ever so slightly. Where was he? The dragon refused to believe anything had happened to her love. If something had, then she would have to consider dropping Laban off for a play date with another rider while she went back to avenge Desmodus. However, she was quite certain he was still alive and not far off, whether behind or ahead of herself and Laban.

"Say... keep an eye out for a huge bat, would you, dear?" she asked the boy, managing to relax her taut muscles. Esen was worried, of course, but she didn't need her rider to get any more jostled than he already was. She'd been so excited to find her bond, and now she felt terrible for having roped him into this mess. She would have to bring him a gift to compensate for the hellscape they were now witnesses to.

Forums > Roleplay > Fantasy
   1   ..    2    3    4    5    6    7    8   ..   9 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us