Wolf Play : Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!
Chatbox
 Amygdala
08:11:15 Amy/Anpmygdala
Only 6 pawsies to go
-WP Click-
 fred
08:06:55 
Dragons Blood
 Saint
08:04:41 
fsh
 Rogue Wildfires
08:03:23 Mac and Cheese
Fish
-Click-
 fred
08:03:23 
Dragon's Blood i am a friend of spider
 fred
08:02:26 
does he need to be bred
 fred
08:00:57 
ok
 Dragons Blood
07:59:43 Yong-sun (he/him)
-WP Click-

paws for him, he's gonna be my new Aplha male when he ages up
 Lazy Kingdom
07:56:01 Lazy, Crazy Cat Lady
-WP Click-
I panicked seeing Sad News, it's just this one so it's fine xD
 fred
07:55:33 
Dragon's Blood you should not retire him
 starmutt
07:54:51 marsh | they/it
5 dead o7
 BuggyOs
07:54:43 I eat bugs 𓆣
hey
 Dragons Blood
07:49:49 Yong-sun (he/him)
-WP Click-

should I retire him?
 Dragons Blood
07:49:09 Yong-sun (he/him)
welp I'm gonna retire all my old wolves
 Rogue Wildfires
07:48:24 Mac and Cheese
I have one wolf that I really don't want to die
 Dragons Blood
07:47:44 Yong-sun (he/him)
ain't no way none my wolves didn't die
 Saint
07:46:57 
sky im asking the same thing, no way ij this lucky
 Clear Sky
07:46:37 Sky / Blue - she,her
so now its 7:45 game time i didnt get any message that my wolf is dead am i safe?
 fred
07:42:12 
Urux accept my friend request
 Rogue Wildfires
07:41:04 Mac and Cheese
Well dang it cause I have two wolves that have 100+ battle EXP

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Grizzly Bear : 0
Komodo Dragon : -4
Cougar : -3
    Summer   Day  Weather:  Light Rain

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Fantasy
   1    2    3    4    5    6   ..   9 

Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!July 27, 2024 01:01 AM

Spellbound

Lightbringer

Give Award

Xuejiao Tsasanşuurga
Mentor Dragon | Ice Dragon | Female | Mentions : Laika , Nalukraja & Iris, Renzana & Draiochtach , Adamos & Azarimous , Marina & Amhuluk , Maximillian & Desmondous, Iezekeiel & Aodhan

At the command of her Squad Leader, the female gave a sharp nod, and a serious expression painted her face, " Yes ma'am, you can count on me. " she said as she turned to attend to her task, but she paused saying, " Be safe, the both of you." And she walked away before going over to her mate and giving him a small nudge.

" Don't do anything stupid. " she with a serious expression and then turned of his rider saying, " keep him safe " she said and then she quickly picked her pace up. She had things to do.

The female has to huff at the response of her rider to her clipped wing. It's nothing but a mere flesh wound ; in the explosion, a rock clipped my wing. It's nothing major, I'll survive. She said through their link, only needed her Rider to know of her current state. She then perked back to attention as she was given orders by Renzana, and she gave a grim nod at her words. It seems they were making a hasty escape. The flames and smoke were getting worst, and she could feel her senses start to dampen because of it. The flames being hit and the air poising moisture and just becoming full of heat. It was not a good thing for her. She then focused her attention to the rookies as it seemed a lot of the pairs were gathered in the courtyard. She then noticed their dragons were already leaping into action and being protective of their riders. She should commend them ; but she had no time for that pleasantry just yet. She had been tasked with a higher responsibility - and she wasn't going to let her Squad Leader down. She made her way over to the group, most appeared to be ready to saddle their dragon and she looked at the humans and dragons before her. They were her charges, and she would be damned if she let anything happen to them under her watch. She may be a bit of a tough mentor, but she was one who cared deeply for those under her even if she didn't show it all the time. And this time, she was ready to show them the lengths she'd go to, to protect her students.

May God have mercy on the souls who got between them

" Apprentice Riders Maximillian, Mariana , Adamos , & Iezekiel . We have orders from the Headmaster to flee . We are not to engage with the enemy, we are to survive . " she spoke candidly, they didn't need things to be sugarcoated right now, they needed the truth, letting it sink in - the severity of the situation, " I know you all are worried for your families and loved ones right now ; but you need to block that noise out right now, and focus." Her voice stern yet, trying to give them comfort, " Our comrades are fighting give us time, and we should not let their sacrifice be in vain." She said, her voice low for a moment before gaining its power and again, " We are heading to the Uncharted Island - and we don't have much time for chit chat. Mount your dragons and take to the skies, we are moving out - your comarades not here will be in the hands of Renzana & Iris . We mustn't delay in the slightest, time is not on our side. "

That's when she heard it, a wail - only given in dread , and that was given by a female dragon that was her comrade. A soft gasp escaped her as she looked in in dread at the battered sight of Kikimora and her Rider. They looked like hell, and they were still up. It was a sight to see , they were making a stand and she couldn't help but watch in a daze as the dragoness gave a defiant roar to the enemy, she wanted to give her own roar of defiance, but it was swiftly turned to horror as the female was struck - and she went barreling into the abyss of darkness. And she didn't raise back in ; and not a sound was heard from her. No, no, no and she turned to see that one student was watching intently. That was his brother's dragon and she felt sick.

We need to go now, she said to Laika through the link. - her brain being full of thoughts of dread and anger. Oh she was not happy, nor in a good mood. She needed to release her anger. Maybe it was the fumes getting to her brains. But she was beginning to block out any chatter and focus on her task at hand.

"We need to go now, " she hissed, snapping her teeth to emphasis her point, looking at the dragons, " get your riders up in the air immediately, we're getting the hell out of here. " her voice laced with urgency and a tense undertone.

This was going to be the longest flight of their lives. Laika, I'm taking of now, make sure you're secure. She said through the link as she began to rise to the air - her wings beating , gusts of wind fanning the flames around them - some dying out due to the wind from her wings. Soon she was high, high above the chaos that was encasing the school - it was devastating what could be seen, the Kingdom . . . it was burning. Plumes of smoke filled the air, and the screams of terror along with the wails of women and children could be faintly heard by her. And her heart ached, she couldn't do nothing but flee, she had to protect those she was assigned to, she knew that the Headmaster would do his best to protect ; but him and his dragon looked gravely injured, it was something they wouldn't be coming back from. It reminded her of her own injury, she could fly, but she could feel her wing slightly feeling heavier when flying due to the strain on it. She wasn't going to complain or back down though, she had orders and she was going to do everything to the best of her ability to make sure that her and the apprentices made it to that damned island together , even if it killed her fo do such a thing, she is going to do it for them.

" Apprentices with me, " she called in a powerful voice ; and she turned to the Northwest , and she began to fly - into lands that were far from this Kingdom that she decided to make her home. She was uncertain of what lay ahead of them, but she was sure that these apprentices would live and that anyone who got in the way would now by the claws for their interference .

Edited at July 28, 2024 04:26 AM by Spellbound
Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!July 27, 2024 01:23 AM

Sanania

Neutral

Give Award

Ciliren Valroris

Outpost Rider | Female | Dragon: Mort’luath

Mentions: Mort’luath, Sansa, Sylph (dir) Koa & Eirian (ind)

Sisters of the night was a term that would resonate incredibly well with the white-haired triplets as children. It had been almost innately shared amongst them to be relatively nocturnal beings wide awake in the shadows of the night, screaming and shouting under the moonlight. As they aged Ciliren had been the one triplet to maintain this way of life proudly, with Sylphiel and Sorisansa straying slightly away, however still sharing this love for the night sky. Being predominantly nocturnal, it supported much of Ciliren’s personality. She is much of a ghostly being made to remain unbothered by the socialites of the daylight hours. She greatly enjoys the song of the wind that screams through the cliff face that has been her new home for some time now, just as much as she enjoys watching the reflection of the moon bouncing off the waves of the ocean on the beach below.

Ren had managed to awaken from her deep slumber gazing out into the clouded moonlight which had managed to peer into her room landing itself atop of her bed. She could smell a storm coming and just as quickly as the moon had appeared it had disappeared. The best kind of nights were those either under the moonlight or even under the dark clouds of night. She had wondered if Mort’luath had shared a similar sleep schedule or if he was on an opposing sort of schedule or not a single schedule at all. The bonded pair had only seemed natural to her as her siblings could argue his diabolical physical features would compliment much of her own personality. She had instantly fallen in love with him the moment they had met, it just felt like she was at home with him, despite her siblings' initial apprehension.

Slipping herself out of bed she would emit a large yawn and extend her forearms overtop of her head, soon stalking over toward her washroom. Shaking her head allowing her silver-white bob to swish and sway and soon find its place of rest at the nape of her neck. She would pad over to her dark brown dresser and pull out her black flying leathers slipping out of the royal blue loosely-fitted sleeping tunic to now dress in her usual attire. Following the addition of a pair of black cotton socks she would slip into her calf-length boots and finally adorn her leather corset and wrist gauntlets all gently clanking with her extensive assortment of daggers.

Her room within the vast tunneling system of the cliff had neared somewhere close to the top, which she was not opposed to whatsoever. Her sisters had adjacent rooms a floor down which left Koa and Eirian somewhere above and below. A grin would spill across her face as she schemed of ways to awaken her siblings for an evening ride. Who to pester first was the question. Ciliren’s relationship with her siblings were fairly matched and equal, however, it was always Sylphiel she would run beside causing mayhem and destruction in their wake. Sylph had more life to her compared to Sansa who had to be the most level-headed of the triplets. Opening the door to Sansa’s room the long waves of snow-white hair had spilled onto the floor.

“Whatever you are thinking Ren, get it out of your head.” Sansa had stated begrudgingly.

“Killjoy.” Ciliren retorted, sheathing her dagger back on her thigh.

“I’ll be there in fifteen.” Sansa would grunt once more.

“Fine. Any later and I will see to it to wake you every single night this week.” She remarked with another devilish smirk.

“Get out.” Sansa firmly stated, reaching for a pillow and threatening to toss it.

With Sansa half-awake this would either mean Sylph was just as awake as herself or sleeping like the dead. Not even attempting to be remotely quiet Ciliren had made her grand entry across the way to Sylph’s room barreling through the door.

“YOUR SHE-DEVIL OF A SISTER HAS ARRIVED! MAKE HASTE SYLPHIEL, WE MUST GO ONWARD ON DRAGONBACK TO PATROL THE BORDERS!” Flinging two daggers at a gap in an adjacent wall she would sprint to collect them and see herself out slamming the door behind her.

Chuckling to herself had she managed to shout so loud that the boys heard her meh the more the merrier but if she knew Eirian well enough he was probably snickering to himself with Koa likely to wake her up in the same manner or worse to make up for it. She would go down the endless staircase leading into the dragon’s cave. She knew very well not to disturb the sleep of any other neighboring dragons however somehow they knew who was entering before doing so well in advance, somehow.

‘Mort’luath? Are you awake?' She would ask openly into her mind probing to see if the dragon had stirred.

↠↠↠

Sorisansa Valroris

Outpost Rider | Female | Dragon: Aegon

Mentions: Ciliren & Aegon (dir) Sylph, Talvi, Koa, & Eirian (ind)

Be it triplet telepathy or some sort of dragon magic the girls knew when each one was awake at whatever hour of the day or night it may be. Tonight to no avail would be one of those nights. Sansa could hear the footsteps before she had felt the slight breeze of her bedroom door open.

“Whatever you are thinking Ren, get it out of your head.” Sansa had stated begrudgingly. She despised being awoken, however knew Ciliren was much like her in this aspect.

“Killjoy.” Ciliren retorted, sheathing her dagger back on her thigh.

“I’ll be there in fifteen.” Sansa would grunt once more. Her muscles felt so heavy she barely wanted to wave her sibling off.

“Fine. Any later and I will see to it to wake you every single night this week.” She remarked with another devilish smirk.

“Get out.” Sansa firmly stated, aggressively reaching for a pillow and threatening to toss it at Ciliren.

A long huff would be released from the depths of her lungs, a release of the annoyance of being a triplet. Despite being the second-born the only blessing being the middle child brought Sansa was being either thoroughly and completely ignored and forgotten or the center of their parents attention. Much like Sylph, Sorisansa is predominantly docile making her the most readily approachable of the triplets. Some, if not most, were only slightly apprehensive to approach Sylph whenever she was around Ciliren, since Ciliren virtually scares everyone she comes across with her essence alone. Otherwise, herself and Sylphiel were a pair that much enjoy each other's company being rather sociable and talkative.

Grunting with much distaste tangled beneath the warmth of her sherpa throw, Sansa had managed to roll off her bed falling victim to the comfort cocoon of death. She would manage to unravel herself only to lay flat on her back extending all four limbs out like a star and stare at the ceiling blankly.

Then for a moment the loud booming vocals of Ciliren reverberated from across the hall, followed by the clanging of two daggers scrapping against rock, and then the slam of another bedroom door.

“YOUR SHE-DEVIL OF A SISTER HAS ARRIVED! MAKE HASTE SYLPHIEL, WE MUST GO ONWARD ON DRAGONBACK TO PATROL THE BORDERS!”

‘This is to be my life now I suppose.’ She thought to herself eventually finding the strength to rise. Gods help the men they've managed to live with since the academy, exception to that being Eirian, who had been stationed at the outpost prior to their arrival. Dusting off her blanket she would make her bed and wander into the washroom debating whether to wear her hair down or to braid it. She opted to keep her hair down for this evening's patrol. She much enjoys the particular feeling of the cool wind dancing within her scalp and entangling itself in her hair.

‘Aegon. Ciliren is restless. We are to fly in twenty.’ She would attempt to notify her dragon telepathically.

Whilst Mort’luath proved to be one of the scarier mounts introduced in the academy she was relieved to find that he had bonded to Ciliren. Aegon in stark contrast has a predominantly regal taste to him. His colorations are not believed to be common for a storm dragon of his species as most range in stark stone greys and blacks. Whether it was his regality or the uniqueness in his build being more closely related to that of wyverns than of dragons, in any case he is home to Sansa. Very quickly did it seem they were drawn to each other which he had shared wasn’t very common for him to do other than with his mate Talvi. Upon their formal bond ceremony he had been able to put words to her feelings she couldn’t quite explain and despite having a soft spot for her siblings and Talvi’s rider, Koa, he has yet to disappoint in keeping tabs on Sansa and her emotions.

Adjusting her left leather bracer and slinging her bow across her back to sit beside her quiver full of arrows she would step out of the room. Presumably Sylph and Ren had already been airborn leaving Sansa for last, which wasn’t uncommon. If anything Sansa being last to everything was normal for the triplets. Any other way would be really weird and warrant questioning on the well-being of the triplets. Sansa was always last because she would serve as the mother hen. Ensuring snacks were packed and all sorts of things were carried if forgotten. Today she carried three apples with her and a hare. Ciliren had gifted her a satchel particularly just so Sansa had something to carry supplies in since the two other triplets always managed to forget. In her satchel she carried healing herbs, large rolled bandages, spare daggers, a book, and of course snacks.

She, too, would soon make her way down to the dragon caves bearing a handful of raw steaks for Aegon and a few meant for Talvi.

Edited at July 27, 2024 11:05 AM by Sanania
Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!July 27, 2024 01:54 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Beollan
The Skycleaver
The Lost Dragon | Male | No Rider | Mentions: Others Indirectly

Smoke roiled out of the dark cave in a steady flow, coming from a combination of his bed of embers and his own nostrils. The vents on the bridge of his muzzle open and closed periodically, keeping the male's temperature regulated, which was on the extremely warm side, ensuring he never got to cold. But the coals helps with that too. Something deep in his bones, an unexplainable instinct from decades of battle and war, stirred the male and he lifted his head from the heated bed and looked out at the cloud coated sky.

"War," he rasped out lowly, his lithe figure moving like the great serpent he was, slid across the embers and to his feet before walking to the edge of his cave. Like many fire dragons before him, and those long after him, Beollan's home was a cavernous system in the heart of a volcanic mountain. It's constantly heated rock, and warm air were the best home for a reclusive fire dragon who didn't like noisy neighbors.

Beollan couldn't be sure how he knew there was war on the night air, but he always chalked it up to his centuries in age and plethora of battles. Scenting battle on air, the combination of fire, blood, and agony was something one didn't ever forget, and even now Beo could practically taste it. Where it came from? He had no clue. Nor did he really care. Beo was no longer sympathetic to the plight of humans, and he cared little for their bloodshed and vengeance. There was little in this world Beollan actually cared for in general.

But there is one.

His mind was quick to remind him with a flash of beautiful deep blue. Yes. There was one. Though it had been so long since he'd cared about anything that the feeling was down right foreign to the male. Still, the desire to check on her, on the one soul who meant something to him was suddenly overwhelming and he instinctively felt himself preparing to take flight.

The base she was located at, which he had completely forgotten about until she'd pulled his attention in, wasn't necessarily close to his cave. This was something he was ultimately grateful for, he didn't need any of her compatriots showing up at his cave thinking they were going to be suddenly friends. No, the male still wasn't sociable. He still found being around others especially grating, but K'issuk was different. K'issuk Ran was like a fresh breeze in the dryest of airs. Like the first long breath taken when awakening from hibernation. She was everything life was. Vibrant and lovely; things he likely was in his youth too.

We a growling groan the male gave a mighty push of his wings and rose into the air a bit slowly, lazily really. He was considered a lazy flyer to most. Could he reach good speeds, yes, but with his age and size, he liked to move at a rather cruising speed. And since it was night, he wasn't as easily noticable as he was during the day, with only the glow around his scales being noticeable, and that was difficult to see when he was so high up.

Beollan had decided as he flew, he'd swing by, check on K'issuk, make sure she was alive and well, adn then return home. As long as the war wasn't at her door, he felt no reason to be out any longer than that.
Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!July 27, 2024 11:04 AM

The Bewitched

Darkseeker

Give Award

☪︎ ִ ࣪𖤐 𐦍 ☾𖤓

Sylphiel Valroris

Outpost Rider | Female | Dragon: K'issuk Rán | Mentions: K'issuk Rán

Indirectly: Sorisana, Ciliren

☪︎ ִ ࣪𖤐 𐦍 ☾𖤓

The moon hung high as Sylphiel made it back to her bedroom from the beach, water dripping onto the floor from her drenched teal nightgown. Soft clinking could be heard as she moved her woven basket filled with shells to her dresser. The subtle sound of the shells created a melodic accompaniment to the night noises of nocturnal animals and the distant crashing of waves.

Her hands moved with gentle grace as she examined each seashell, a luminous treasure glistening faintly in the dim light. She marveled at their delicate shapes and soft hues, brushing off the sand that clung to a few. She had been out there since sunset, sitting at the water's edge, letting the sand slip through her fingers, feeling its fine grains sift and scatter. The warmth of the sun had kissed her face, soon replaced by the gentle caress of the moon. Once fearful of the water's ever-changing nature and unpredictable steps, Sylphiel had come to embrace it fully after pairing with her Water dragon, K’issuk Rán. She found solace in the water’s embrace, and it had become a cherished part of her life she never wanted to leave behind.

As Sylphiel moved about her room in utter silence, she began to recite an ancient poem in a language that seemed as old as the sea. She had read it earlier in a book, and it hadn’t left her head since. The verses flowed from her lips with a haunting melody, like a siren calling from the sea. The poem spoke of forgotten lore and ancient love affairs. It was then she heard the whirlwind that was her sister, Ciliren, the poem falling away mid-sentence. A smile played upon her lips as she heard her sisters snap at each other. She knew she would be Ciliren's next target.

Quickly, Sylphiel began to dress out of her still-wet gown, replacing it with a pair of black and deep blue riding leathers. Her long-sleeve shirt was a deep blue shade of breathable linen, securing a holster over the shirt that laid just at her ribcage, before sheathing three blades on each side. Her pants were made of durable, dark black leather, tailored to allow maximum movement and secured with a wide, sturdy belt adorned with small pouches for essential items. Her black boots were knee-high and made of the same tough leather as her pants, with reinforced soles and metal toe caps to protect her feet during landings and rough terrain. They had subtle silver buckles that complemented the embroidery on her jacket.

She heard the footsteps before the voice—or daggers—assaulted her door, just as she sheathed her another two daggers to her thighs.

“YOUR SHE-DEVIL OF A SISTER HAS ARRIVED! MAKE HASTE, SYLPHIEL, WE MUST GO ONWARD ON DRAGONBACK TO PATROL THE BORDERS!”

All Syl could do was smile as she heard her sister, her hands quickly styling her damp white hair into Bruenor braids, which consisted of two braided knots on her head, two long braids down her back, with a few face-framing strands. She grabbed her dark leather jacket, gently touching the intricate, blue embroidery in the pattern of dragon scales, representing her dragon’s scales. It was something that Syl had sewn on as soon as she got her hands on the jacket after bonding with K'issuk Rán.

Sylphiel was thankful for her sisters. She was coddled a lot as a young child, confined indoors while her sisters trained with weapons much larger than themselves. Thankfully, her sisters took it upon themselves to train her as well. Sylphiel became adept in close combat, her skills with poisons and daggers making her a lethal force in any skirmish. Despite Sansa’s guidance, Sylphiel still struggled with long-distance engagements.

While many of her companions honed their physical skills, training with weapons and perfecting combat techniques, Sylphiel focused on a different kind of preparation. She trained her mind with equal dedication, immersing herself in ancient lore and current politics. Her days were spent studying dusty tomes and scrolls, deciphering long-forgotten languages, and keeping up with the shifting tides of political alliances and rivalries.

"K'issuk Rán, it seems we’re going patrolling,” Syl hummed through the bond, guilt nipping at her hoping her dragoness wasn’t asleep, her hand on the door ready to follow Ciliren.

Edited at July 27, 2024 11:45 AM by The Bewitched
Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!July 27, 2024 11:56 AM

_Moonshadow_

Darkseeker

Give Award

Marina West

Apprentice Rider | Female | Dragon: Amhuluk | Mentions: Amhuluk, Adamos, Azarimous, Xue, Kikimora, Nicodemus

Marina watched as Adamos's fire dragon, Azarimous, landed in the courtyard, Adamos climbing on almost immediately. She could see the visible relief in Adamos when Azarimous landed, his shoulders slumping as he caught sight of the glowing beast.

Marina still scanned the skies for Amhuluk, and she couldn't help but notice Azarimous's gaze on her. She didn't pay the fire beast any attention. She breathed a sigh of relief when she spotted his familiar form navigating the debris, which quickly turned into a cough from the smoke. The courtyard was becoming hazy from the smoke and debris, and breathing was getting increasingly difficult. Her skin felt like it was boiling from the heat, but she didn't pay it any attention as her dragon landed, the ground shaking slightly as he did.

She watched as he scanned the courtyard before his gaze wandered back to hers. Marina gasped as freezing cold water soaked her clothes, the insufferable heat from earlier dissipating for a few seconds before the flames flared up. She was about to go on a rather long tangent before Amhuluk spoke through the mental bond, instructing her to cover her face as she moved closer to her.

Marina nodded and tore at her shirt sleeve until it was separated from the rest of her shirt. The sleeve was torn off at her elbow, revealing more of the swirling tattoo that winded up her right arm. She wasted no time tying it around her face, finding breathing to be slightly easier.

She jumped slightly as Amhuluk launched a powerful jet of water at some nearby flames, the pressurized water sizzling as it battled the orange sparks.

"Oh, so the mighty Water Beast can't destroy everything?" She mocked as she climbed up his right leg, settling into her seat.

Her attention was drawn to Adamos atop Azarimous as he called out, asking if she seen anyone else. She used her vantage point to look around, and she was about to call out a response when a horrible shriek echoed through the night sky and a large mass fell from the sky, slamming into the side of the mountain before crumbling into a heap. Marina brought her hands to her mouth as she urged the dragon to move. She didn't recognize the dragon, but they were a great distance away.

Her breath caught in her throat as the dragon rose with an agonized wail, her leg seemingly broken and one of her wings torn. Despite her injuries, the fire dragon pulled herself up the mountain side, sitting at the top for a few moments before she spread her wings, preparing to fly. Marina noticed Adamos watching with a deadly intensity, his face warped with horror.

Marina looked away with her hands over her eyes as a giant arrow struck the dragon in her chest, the momentum sending her falling backwards and out of sight. An undeniable fear sprouted in her chest. That could have very well been her and Amhuluk. She ran her hands through her hair and tried to calm herself down, the damp piece of cloth clinging to her face. She couldn't help but notice that Amhuluk's scales weren't damp as they normally were, they were dry, feeling as any other dragon's scales.

Her attention was once again turned toward the squad's mentor's dragon, instructing them to fly for the Uncharted Island. Her fear flared as the ice dragoness snapped at their dragons, urging them to take to the air. Saying she was terrified was an understatement, but she pushed down the fear and tried to calm herself, trusting Amhuluk to get both of them out safely.

Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!July 27, 2024 01:21 PM

Honey

Darkseeker

Give Award
Ardian Cantacuzene
Apprentice Rider | Male | Dragon: Guang Huangho | Mentions: Maximillian, Guang, Iezekiel, Headmaster & Headmaster's Dragon (NPC, ind.), Renzana (ind.), Draiochtach (ind.), other apprentice riders (ind.)

Ardian paced the outskirts of the courtyard relentlessly, a sword plucked from the Academy's armory clutched tightly in his white-knuckled grip. His fellow students were scattered across the grounds, uneasily awaiting news in the wake of Durston's arrival without his dragon. He'd fallen unconscious as soon as they brought him into the school; everyone was waiting with bated breath for him to wake and explain what was going on.

Ardian didn't like the idea of being unarmed in a situation like this, so he'd crept into the armory and snatched up the first weapon he stumbled across. It was a sparring sword, slightly dulled so that the students wouldn't slice each other up too badly, but it would have to do.

The night was eerily quiet. Sparks from the bonfires placed around the courtyard snapped and drifted into the starry sky. Everyone seemed too nervous to speak normally; only a few whispers here and there made their way to Ardian's ears. He heard the distant clanging of steel from the other side of the courtyard. With nothing else to occupy his time other than more agonizingly boring waiting, he made his way slowly towards the noise.

As he drew closer, he stopped suddenly. He could just barely make out the figures of the two sparring students amidst the darkness, but he recognized one of them instantly: Max. As he squinted, Ardian realized that the other fighter was his own roommate, Iezekial. Interesting. He hadn't known they were friends. He'd assumed Iezekial would have registered the shared surname and mentioned it at some point, and it irritated Ardian ever so slightly that he hadn't.

As he stood mulling over this new revelation, he noticed Max's body tense suddenly. He didn't have time to bolt before his brother turned quickly away from his sparring partner and directly towards Ardian.

Their eyes met for a moment, and Ardian stood frozen. He would have pestered Max normally, but this time he had wandered directly into Max's space and his business, so he felt horrifically awkward about snapping at him, especially in front of Iezekial.

Max scowled at him for a moment before he whipped back around to face Iezekial. Ardian let out a quiet sigh of relief and silently crept away from the pair; he didn't want Max to think that he'd come looking for him specifically. Of course he was a little worried about Max, especially since they had no idea what Durston had come across that separated him from his dragon-

A deafening boom shook the entire courtyard. Ardian's vision spun, and he became aware that he was sprawled on his back across the courtyard's cobblestones. He scrambled to his feet, the muscles in his back screaming in protest, and scanned the scene around him.

It was chaos. Flaming boulders littered the grounds, deep pits in the dirt where they had landed. Students bolted in every direction, and screams of fear and pain filled the air. Another resounding crash echoed from behind Ardian, and he turned to see the Headmaster's dragon collapsing on top of the barracks. His heart was hammering painfully against his ribs, and he tightened his grip on his sword fearfully. Through the thick smoke, he could see a handful of other dragons soaring into the night sky, likely to seek out whatever threat had launched this attack.

Ardian glanced around frantically for Max, but the smoke was too thick to see more than a few feet away from him. His brain was blank with panic; either he would suffocate in the oppressive layer of smoke, or he would be crushed by another flaming boulder lobbed through the air.

Ardian forced himself to take several deep breaths, though the choked air burned his throat and lungs. He shut his eyes despite what his instincts told him to do and reached out for the telepathic connection formed between dragon and rider.

In his time at the Academy, he had failed time and time again to establish this bond with Guang. She was just as stubborn as he was, and he was sure she could sense that his heart wasn't in it. He had only been able to catch vague flashes of her thoughts and surroundings in the time since they'd been paired together. He wasn't sure, however, if the same was true of her. Perhaps she could easily access the link between them, and his inability to connect with her affected only him. He squeezed his eyes shut harder and focused on his thoughts, projecting them as powerfully as he could. Guang, the Academy is under attack. We need to get out.

Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!July 27, 2024 06:20 PM

Matunda

Darkseeker

Give Award
Mort'luath
Male | Outpost Dragon | Rider: Ciliren | M: Ciliren Valroris [Cygnus]. Sorisansa (Ind). Sylphiel (Ind).

Darkness loomed over the cryptid frame of Mort'luath. His bony, yet strong form could easily pass for a rock if you weren't paying enough attention. A low warbling sound, similar to some kind of dilophosaurus, echoed from him jaws. His wings outstretched as he gently adjusted them to curve comfortably around his body; his elongated, bony tail tapping on the floor, following a pattern to water droplets dripping from a stalactite. His abysmal black eyes glimmered at the faintest light, a small pool of tears formed underneath his cheeks.

With a soft, yet gutteral rumble, his jaws gaped open, and his long tongue stretched to curl inside his jaws, forming a shape similar to a chameleon's curled tail. Then with a frustrated sigh, he closed his leaking eyes and gently wiped his cheeks against the rock nearby his face, leaving a smear of Mort'luath "tears" leftover. His wing then reached over to wipe his cheeks again, and this time also going over his eyes. With another sigh, his head rested back down on the ground, his eyelids sliding to close his eyes.

Echoing voices from above interrupted him just as he started to doze off. The sound a human shouting, which he presumed to be his beloved Cygnus. What was she and her twin sisters doing up at this dreaded hour- again? Mort'luath's voice trilled softly in amused fondness at the thought of his feisty companion.

The sound of footsteps tapped above, barely distinguishable from the dripping water from the small, stalactite-layered roof. Now Mort'luath already knew who it was, since only Cili was up at this time. He couldn't recall a time when someone other than Cili was walking around at this time, but again, he's normally asleep by now.

Then someone echoed in his mind. Cygnus~

With a soft warbling purr, Mort'luath's beastial head rose off the ground, twisting his neck to face the entrance, blinking his pearly black eyes. The moonlight glimmered off of his skin and his eyes just perfectly. With a long sigh, he heaved himself to his paws and crept over to her to meet her outside the den. "Cygnus dear. What brings you here at this hour- again?" He murmered softly, careful to not awaken any of the dragons residing in the cave with him.

Edited at July 27, 2024 06:22 PM by Matunda
Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!July 27, 2024 10:51 PM

_Moonshadow_

Darkseeker

Give Award

Azarimous

Apprentice Dragon | Male | Rider: Adamos Strange | Mentions: Adamos, Marina, Amhuluk, Xue, Kikimora, Nicodemus

Azarimous adjusted himself as Adamos's meager weight settled where his neck met his back. The boy didn't weight enough to be of any inconvenience, Azar had trouble remembering that he was even back their half the time, and had accidently dumped him off a time or two. Or five. But he caught him, that's what mattered.

Azar would be lying if he said he wasn't completely calm in this situation. There was only a small speck of fear, and that was for his rider. He was born for these conditions, the fire and heat. Flames licked at his tail tip, but he didn't pay it any attention thanks to his fireproof scales. Azar would be perfect tly content to stay here if the academy wasn't getting attacked.

Azarimous listened as Adamos spoke through the bond. He couldn't understand the boy's feelings, since he had no family close to him. The closest relationship he had was Adamos, and he couldn't imagine something happening to him.

"Kikimora is strong. They'll be okay." He said, trying to reassure him. He didn't know Kikimora well, but she was a swift and intelligent dragoness, she would be able to hold her own.

A low growl rumbled up his throat as Amhuluk stepped a little to close, but he kept himself under control as Adamos spoke to the water beast's rider.

Everyone's attention was drawn to the sky as a ear-gratting screech echoed off the mountains and a large mass fell from the sky. Azar's pupils narrowed to slits as the dragon crashed into the mountainside, and he knew immediately who it was. He felt Adamos tense on his back as a whispered something the dragon didn't catch.

He watched as the heap moved, the dragon climbing the side of the mountain like she didn't just crash into it. Azarimous admired that. Shock pierced his chest as a huge arrow was shot into Kikimora's chest, sending the dragon and her rider down the mountain, landing with a sickening thud. Azar drug his gaze away slowly, the imagine playing behind his eyes.

"I'm...sorry, Adamos." It was all he could think to say. "But we mustn't dwell on them. They died honorably, defending their kingdom. Your brother wouldn't want you to die as well."

Azarimous's attention was drawn to Xue as she landed before them, instructing their riders that they were to fly for the Uncharted Island. Azar braced himself for flight as the dragoness snapped at them, urging them to fly immediately.

"Hold on." He spoke down the bond as he tensed, launching himself into the sky with powerful beats of his wings. He followed a small distance behind Xue, his molten gaze running over the smoking and flaming remains of the academy. As he gazed out to the horizon, he beheld the utter destruction. Ash and smoke were heavy in the air, a multitude of places around them burning.

The dragon took a deep breath and settled into a swift but relaxing pace, going slower than he normally would so Adamos could get comfortable.

Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!July 27, 2024 11:43 PM

High Hills Pack

Lightbringer

Give Award

Guāng Huánghòu || Female || 167 || Apprentice Light Dragon || Rider: Adrian || M: Viscusvoréntomon, Ardian

“What a bothersome time we find ourselves in, don’t you think Viscus?”

A high pitched voice rings out from a small clearing with the trees somewhere along the outskirts of the Academy, its tone dripping of superiority. Its owner was presently inspecting a rock, sitting on her haunches like a cat as her tail swishes behind her. Her face held a narrowed and scrutinizing expression as she turned it over in her talons, looking over every imperfection it had with her harsh blue eyes. The rock was quite dull, lacking any shine or shimmer as well as interesting patterns or colorations. A meaningless little pebble that should have never existed. With a scowl, she tosses it into the stream it once laid beside. It enters with an audible plunk.

Reaching down her talons tap against a new stone, clutching it in her grasp before bringing it up to eye level. “Well, for me anyways. Stuck here, tied to a rider I want no affiliation with. Forced to learn the most mundane of topics while being expected to grow closer to the creature I was called here to meet. One who seemingly can withstand my outstanding presence.”

The dragoness’ face shifts into a snarl as she continues, giving the larger dragoness no time to speak, “Why, I can’t even parade him around! Much too bland to be seen with the likes of me. If only the beauty of his eyes matched the rest of him.”

With a forceful throw, the discards yet another rock into the small flow of water. Angling herself in such a way to face the stream, Guāng stares down at her reflection or what little of one there was. The night was of a disgustingly dark shade, vacant of virtually all light save for what little came from the sliver of a moon above. Her masked face was nigh impossible to make out amidst the black-stricken waters, but some of her more creamy aspects remained as did the slight sheen of her eyes.

“And now,” she goes on, “some hot-shot rider turns up out of nowhere, battered and beaten? Like anything else was needed.”

She doesn’t turn to look at her nearby companion, her gaze remaining solely focused on her vague image below. Silence filled the air between the two as the lighten being continued her unwinnable staring contest with her own reflection.

“Though,” she takes another pause as she attempts to collect her words, her voice now hushed compared to its usual volume, “what do you suppose happened to that dragon of his? It’s not everyday one manages to sunder a pair such as those…”

And if they could do it once, who says they won’t do it again?...

A thunderous boom echoed across the land, vibrating the very earth she stood upon. In a flash the siamese beast was on her feet, the accessories along her antlers jingling slightly from the sudden momentum. Her attention focused on the direction of the violent noise: the Academy. A barrage of other crashes soon followed suit. Flames rose into the air filling the once blackened void with a sickening and unnatural rush of light. A tinge of distress runs through her blood at the sight, mixing with what she could only describe as a foreign rush of fear – for it was not her own.

The female’s legs move on their own accord as though knowing something she did not. Their short forms pound against the forest floor, doing their best to carry her to the sight of the commotion with the absence of light. Flying was not an option.

It did not take long for Huánghòu to reach the grounds she had gotten affiliated with over the past weeks, standing on a ledge above it all. Light blue orbs skim over the ruined layout before her. Fire littered the area, scorching all those in its path and forming blankets of smoke across the area. Buildings crumbled and shattered as though made of glass. Large masses of rock flew through the sky, colliding with dragons and stone alike. A terrifying display from whomever this purporator was.

A message filters into her mind, a call from her rider in a time of need. She rolls her eyes to this, not in a manner of disregarding his fear – she could feel that – but at the oh-so obvious “under attack” line. Not that he knew she was nearby, of course, but that didn’t stop her from finding it ridiculous.

With a light growl she leaps from her perch, her front paws catching some of the light the flames provided and propelling herself into the air. Focusing on the small connection the two shared, she “begrudgingly” sets out to find his location – though his own fear did give her some encouragement to do so for whatever reason.

‘Then I’d suggest you get yourself to a reasonable area for pickup,’ she calls through the bond, ‘I’m not about to get my pelt dirty just to save you.’
Scorched Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!July 27, 2024 11:58 PM

Sanania

Neutral

Give Award

Ciliren Valroris

Outpost Rider | Female | Dragon: Mort’luath
Mentions: Mort’luath (dir) Aegon, K'issuk, Sorisansa, Sylphiel (ind)

The waves of the beach outside of the dragon’s cave crashed loudly behind her as she heard the booming steps of Mort’luath approach the entrance. A strong oceanic breeze had begun to pick up as more clouds had begun to quickly dispatch across the night sky. His obsidian pools would burn through the night peering directly toward her. Clearing her throat she would peer down toward the sand and shift her left foot in front of her right, turning the sand over as she kicked at the ground rather innocently having disturbed her beloved Cepheus. She would clasp her hands behind her before returning her pale bi-colored gaze toward the behemoth before her.

“My beloved Cepheus, I am unfortunately a nocturnal being, preferring to be awake during the hours most are asleep. I do sincerely apologize for interrupting your sleep the past few nights, I will be sure to busy myself with some other activities going forward. I wanted to see if you were interested in leading a group patrol of our borders. Aegon and K'issuk are likely to join us alongside Sorisansa and Sylphiel.” She would finish promptly, giving her beloved beast a sheepish grin before approaching him to stroke his face and neck.

There was a lot Ciliren had learned quickly about Mort’luath. Outside of his rough exterior he was truly no more than a big softy, mostly toward her and not quite toward anyone else, her sisters included. He tolerated them having the same scent as her, however they could never truly be like her. He had taken perhaps a day or two before making her aware of his near constant watery pools, tattered wings, and fearsome mask. She didn’t care about anyone else's view about him. All that mattered to her was that he was content with her as a rider. While, yes, dragons were very selective about choosing their rider, some would bond for the mere cause of protecting their own nests for the next generation of dragons. Just because they had managed to bond did not by any means result in a very mutual relationship between rider and dragon. Having trust and building a relationship with a dragon were two entirely different fronts. Trust being required to enhance communication between rider and dragon, the latter was entirely optional from the dragon’s side as most riders joined the academy for their own reasons.

There were also things Ciliren had failed to ask him, having not really bothered to pester him with a bombardment of questions off the bat. Such being his sleep cycle which may have served nearly as sporadic as any other dragon in the cave. The hitch in his warm booming vocals had answered that enough.

Cepheus and Cygnus had been nicknames the pair had given one another following the success of their bond. Her knowledge of the constellations had been courtesy of her parents as well as Sylphiel with her hours of endless book reading and knowledge gathering. Mort’luath had given her the name Cygnus describing the constellation as the swan shaped cluster of stars which as he further explained represented the power of self, balance, grace, inner beauty, innocence, self-esteem, seeing into the future, understanding spiritual, evolution, developing intuitive abilities, grace in dealing with others and commitment. Something he claimed she offered him. She had followed by calling him Cepheus, a constellation that resided north of hers and shimmered the brightest. She had told him the story of the Greek King who had to sacrifice his daughter in order to protect his lands from a monster sent by Poisidon who was jealous of how beautiful the King's wife was, however she was spared by the valiant hero Perseus. In the end after the King's brother demanded to wed his daughter claiming he had been promised first he had unfortunately been turned to stone alongside his wife supporting Mort’luath’s coloration. Sharing the alleged stories of numerous constellations of the night sky had been what the pair had initially bonded over enjoying each other's company thoroughly even if it were simply in silence staring up at the sky, pointing at shooting stars and constellations.

Edited at July 28, 2024 12:11 AM by Sanania

Forums > Roleplay > Fantasy
   1    2    3    4    5    6   ..   9 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us