Wolf Play : Wild or Leashed Open
Chatbox
 Ecifircas
08:05:17 
I still love that the time I get a featured avatar is the day after I change it from cool OC art to my dumb dog.
 Eternity
08:05:00 ET
Ah, the forest bug. Try resetting your current highest level.
 Silly
08:04:51 SL, SilverLined
I usually see that happen when you replay a level and accidentally level up. It's an old thing, not sure if there are other reasons
 SilverShadow
08:02:05 Ashen Crow
My forest 10 wouldn't let me fight anything... why would that be?
 Golden Meadows
07:58:37 Ollie, Gold
My most recent artfight attack :)
-Click-
 Moonlit Lake
07:57:19 Sandy
I'm on level 10 now. But it was getting difficult to get there. Even with both wolves at 500+ BE.
 Silly
07:56:11 SL, SilverLined
Yeah once you start getting multiples it'll get rough. Usually around level 7 or 9 it's probably a good idea to start planning.
 Moonlit Lake
07:55:10 Sandy
I really need to sort through my wolves at some point. I've been using two to explore and I think it is about time to start training a 3rd wolf. Getting harder to make it through levels.
 ScardeyKat
07:53:48 Kat ?
Poll
-WP Click-
 Silly
07:53:19 SL, SilverLined
I think that's the highest it's ever given me my luck isn't usually so great lol
 Desolate Skies
07:52:20 Sarah | Grey
lucky
 Moonlit Lake
07:52:19 Sandy
Nice SL. I can't find more than 40 opponents it seems.
 Silly
07:51:34 SL, SilverLined
The forest has blessed me ✨ -Click-
 Moonlit Lake
07:49:33 Sandy
Thanks guys. Appreciate the help. :)
 Silly
07:48:05 SL, SilverLined
It's just every 10 completed levels.
 Silly
07:47:52 SL, SilverLined
You can do all 60 in forest to unlock the others if you wanted to.
 Pheonix
07:45:49 
I think you unlock each zone at level ten with each area, unless that's changed?
 Moonlit Lake
07:44:52 Sandy
Do you have to complete level 10 of the forest to unlock the next terrain, or just reach level 10?
 Jack-A-Boo
07:44:15 Boo, Vapor (he/Him)
PvP anyone?
 SilverMountain
07:43:33 The Naming Empress
Phoenix
Yeah she does

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Crocodile : -1
Wolverine : 0
Baboon : +3
    Fall Month: 3   Day  Weather:  Sunny
 Battle  Explore In: Now

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay
   1    2    3 

Wild or Leashed OpenAugust 22, 2021 09:52 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award
Ajax | Male | 5 years | Doberman Pinscher/Rottweiler | Alpha | Mentions: Flint, Luna

Ajax's stomach rumbled. He was laying on the dirt, and he looked out to check in on his packmates. When he saw most of them beginning to rise, he realized that for varying reasons, everyone seemed to be getting up, so he needed to join them. He gave himself a few moments to mentally plan out the day, which he had already outlined for himself yesterday. However, a good sleep made it easy to forget his plans. Once he felt ready, he made his announcements.

Everything was different about their territory, because of the natural disastor. Before it had felt like a safe haven, and now it felt like a foreign wood. "Hello, Luna," he nodded, "Are you hungry?" He wanted to check in, and make sure that he wasn't the only one. At the same time he was worried about everyone getting hungry. What if he couldn't provide them sustenance? He missed Ares the former beta. He was a stalwart companion, and he was so relaxed he never exuded negativity.

He did a good job supporting Ajax and supplying help, when Ajax was clueless. Not only that, but he found prey better than their hunting patrols. Most of the dogs had excellent noses, but Ares was a tad better. Now that Flint had joined them, he nodded his head. "Good. I'm ready to get something to feed us with. How are you this morning Flint?" He approved of everyone being respectful. Continuing to address Flint, he cocked his head, "You know how to hunt small animals? correct?"

If she was as smart as he thought she was, she would realize that when they were hunting it would definitely be an assessment. She'd want to hunt about as much prey as everyone else. "We'll try that first. If we see something big, we'll convene and come up with a plan to hunt it down. If it's something not considered prey, we'll figure out a plan for how to deal with it." Before led the way into the woods, he stopped to look at his pack one last time. For now they were healthy, and they were survivors.

He was determined to keep it that way. "Take care," he instructed them. Soon he began to hunt. A lot of the time he hunted by himself, but sometimes he communicated with his packmates to work together. At one point someone scared prey right into his paws. Whether it was on accident or purpose, Ajax couldn't quite tell. They weren't doing as well as they normally did. The prey was skittish, and if it heard them coming, it ran and hid. He was getting a little tired. Partly physical, and partly he was tired of hunting. "Anyone want a water break?" he finally let them stop, when no one was tracking down prey.

Wild or Leashed OpenAugust 23, 2021 08:09 PM

Mother

Darkseeker

Give Award

Flint || 3 || Female || Shepherd-Collie-Malamute Cross

M: Luna, Ajax

"I'm well," she responded simply, not sure how much to really divulge. It wasn't like she was in need of attention, or that she was any different from any of the other dogs. Everyone had to be a bit frazzled. When the alpha questioned her hunting skills, she added, "Yes, small animals are all I have hunted."

Ajax's gaze made it quite clear that how she fared on a hunt would very, very much affect her status within the pack, and whether or not she even stayed. Flint was confident when it came to small animals; the humans had always encouraged the eradication of rodents, lagomorphs, and other "pests" -- even birds, when she could catch them. But what else was in the woods that she hadn't encountered?

She trailed after the black and tan male and began her hunt. Flint moved off to the side to avoid impeding either of her companions in their progress and then began to track. It wasn't too long before she found a rabbit.

The creature was mature, though not old, and it was obviously injured from the recent events. One of its back legs was thrown out to the side, and the animal was so busy trying to hobble anywhere that it never even noticed Flint lunge. She made the kill quick, muttering a small thanks to the little rabbit, and gently picked up the corpse. She moved it away from where it had died and buried it to come back for before coming back to the main party.

One injured rabbit was not going to feed a starving pack.

Her ears were on alert, constantly swivelling back and forth, and when her nose wasn't in the air, it was hovering over the ground in search of something. Anything. Most of what she caught were birds, and those kept well to the trees.

"Anyone want a water break?"

Ajax's words jolted her from her zone and she raised her head quickly with a small "wuhh?" She blinked and then shook herself out. "Sure, that'd be nice."

Wild or Leashed OpenAugust 23, 2021 08:24 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

Luna/ Female/ 3.5 years/ mentions Ajax/Flint

Luna looked at Ajax when the alpha asked if she was hungry. "A little" she had told the male. "but I can wait until we find a good amount of food for the pack" she said quickly after, not wanting the male to think she wasnt ready to go patrol and possibly hunt. The white coated female listened for a reply before she glanced around at the rest of the pack.

Luna glanced at Flint as listened to the other dog. She glanced towards a few others, including the smaller of the pack members. *Hyper this morning* she thought as her attention was turned back to Ajax asking if Flint knew how to hunt smaller prey. *That could be useful with how we need food right now* she thought before she looked between the two.

The husky shephard mix followed Ajax quietly before she spoke quietly. "We might be able to use Flint's speed to a great advantage, dependng on how agile as well" she said. She lowered her head slightly as she spoke to the male, not wanting to seem like she was wanting to be rude. "If we spot prey we arent quick enough for, we could chase them right to her, and if she's well hidden, boom, quick kill" she said. While it might have worked in Luna's mind, she wasnt sure it would work in play. "That might be a stupid idea" she said, second guessing herself. "Let's pretend I didnt say it."

Luna looked over as Flint brought back a rabbit and gave a small nod to herself, mostly keeping a mental note for future hunts. Luna heard Ajax ask about needing water, and nodded once again. "I could use some" she admitted. Food was one thing Luna could hold off on here and there, but not water. That would be a dead give away at some point with her coat.

Edited at August 23, 2021 08:33 PM by saratank
Wild or Leashed OpenAugust 26, 2021 04:29 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award

Ajax | Male | 5 years | Doberman Pinscher/Rottweiler | Alpha | Mentions: Flint, Luna

Ajax wasn't sure what he was looking for from Flint, but he did feel like he should make sure she at least felt well enough to go on a hunting patrol. He wasn't a tyrant who forced his subordinates to do work while they were injured, or above their capabilities. However, he might seem rather rude and blunt, but it was much more efficient to be candid. Ajax wanted to keep these two new dogs for the bare minimum reason that he didn't want them to die alone, because he had to cast them out of the pack.

Even if they only caught enough to keep themselves fed and a little more for someone else, he would let them stay. They could make up for lack of hunting skills in other ways. He wasn't surprised by Luna's assessment of herself, because he was feeling the same way. Satisfied that his packmates weren't going to get any better, and they were fit enough, he led them out into their territory. Listening to Luna, his head nodded pleased that she was trying to come up with more efficient ways to hunt.

"We will try that." He wanted everyone to have a little while to adjust to each other by hunting individually. Since they weren't the most familiar hunting partners, doing something familiar by themselves would help settle their nerves, so when they worked together, there would be less mistakes. "It's worth a try. Just because it doesn't work the first few times, doesn't mean it's a bad idea. We'll just have to adjust until it works, unless it clearly is a bad idea," he tried to reassure Luna. Ajax stared at the two females. "I hope we don't have problems. You two white coated dogs are very visible."

They would be much better at pursuing, since they were agile and visible. "Perhaps you should have me hide and you two chase it towards me. I might have an easier time staying hidden, and I'd have a slightly harder time getting through the woods, since I'm not as small." He'd have to ram through the undergrowth, which was uncomfortable. He was a little surprised by Flint's reaction, but they needed a drink eventually. After the earthquake, he didn't want them to go out by themselves, so this would be a convient time to take the necessary break.

He was considering trading spots with the other group after lunch. They would get to rest and the others would hunt, but perhaps he should have the other group scout around and see exactly what was different. He let the two females drink first, so there would be one dog alert and not occupied with drinking. When they were finished, he took his turn. Next he dipped his head to Luna. "Why don't you tell us how you would like us to try hunting?"

Wild or Leashed OpenAugust 27, 2021 12:33 AM

Blackwidow

Lightbringer

Give Award
Samantha/ Lead Protector/ Female/ 3 yrs/ M: Ajax, Luro, Ket, and others

Samantha yawned away the sleep noticing how everyone else seemed to be awake already, she jumped to her feet and shook out her blue fur. She moved from her den and felt the warm sun upon her back. She stretched out her muscles and shook out her fur once more before making her way through the camp to the gathering dogs.

As she headed over she thought again of the big shake of the earth and how it had wounded many and killed even more. She also thought of how it had disrupted their land, the normal drinking spot they used pretty much was no longer there as the water had been rerouted. She thought of how some of the herds also detoured from their normal paths and it was a little harder to find decent food for all of them.

She came upon the group and took her spot by the lead of some of the others listening to Ajax give out his orders. She waited for him to finish before saying her peice. "As lead protector and only having a few able to stay back at camp I would like it if some of you could keep an eye out for anything that may harm the pack. I will do my normal scout of the perimiter of the camp." She looked back to Ajax to see if there was anything else he would like to add or anyone else.

Edited at August 28, 2021 12:28 AM by Blackwidow
Wild or Leashed OpenSeptember 4, 2021 10:41 AM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award
Luro | M | 5 years | Canaan Dog/Belgian Malinois | Mentions: Ajax, Sam, Ferrin

Ajax nodded at the small omega, not the type of dog to make a friendly face. "I am sure that Sam will find something for you all to do. She will lead you in my absence." If not, Ajax would find something for them to do when he got back, but they should all try to do something to improve and protect the pack. Luro watched as Ajax seemed to have decided that he was done here. He nodded acknowledging Sam, but it was a rather duh moment. Of course Ajax would keep an eye out for something tha tmight try to harm the pack. Nobody in the pack was going to try to ignore that big of a problem.

Nothing needed to be added. Luro was getting annoyed with Sam. Not only had she slept in late, but she was doing nothing. She wasn't leading, and she didn't seem to be able to make a decision without Ajax's say so. The lead hunter, protector, and beta were there to help Ajax, and probably because Ajax trusted them to make decisions in his absence. Was it because Sam was new, that she looked to Ajax for reassurance.

Ajax had gone, and she was standing there. Was she not able to pay attention to what was going on right in front of her face? If it weren't for the fact that he was new to this pack, he wouldn't be giving her too many more chances, before he started taking charge. He cocked his head staring at her, "What would you like us to do sleepyhead? Perhaps we should all go down to the creek for a drink this morning?" He wasn't quite familiar with the normal rhythm of the pack, but that seemed a reasonable thing to do.

After watching Sam's slowness, he decided he would probably stay closer to Ket. He hadn't proved to be useless, and Luro didn't have a great opinion of omegas. "What do you normally do while you wait for the hunters to return?" Perhaps they should have all gone hunting together instead of separating like this.

Wild or Leashed OpenSeptember 4, 2021 08:58 PM

Mother

Darkseeker

Give Award

Ket || 4 || Subordinate || Shepherd Ridgeback Mutt

M: Sam, Luro, Others (Ind)

The russet-tan dog licked his muzzle and watched as Sam stated her piece. There were only the four of them left at camp once Ajax took the two white females with him on the hunt. Luro was a lean dog, but he was big, and Ket was sturdier than those on the hunting assignment, so they would do some damage to a predator, but Ferrin... That ragdoll wasn't going to accomplish squat, really.

Ket turned his eyes to Luro sharply as the farmdog addressed Sam and wrinkled his nose at the nickname the mottled brown male had chosen. In a low, somewhat disapproving voice, he warned, "We don't talk to our superiors like that."

They were still getting the hang of pack life, Luro and Flint. Ket wasn't sure they'd stick around for long, but who knew. The pack needed members, and they were hardy. So far.

Ket's attention was drawn once again to Luro by the question, this time pointed at himself. He looked off towards the main exit and sighed. "Usually, there are more of us. With six or seven dogs staying behind from the hunt, three would patrol and re-mark the boundaries. The others would take shifts watching the areas surrounding our camp, or the camp itself.

"Since there are only the three of us -- and Ferrin -- we'll have to rearrange how we space ourselves. Samantha has said she will patrol the border, and none of us are supposed to go out alone in the case of another quake. So, either we both go with her and leave Ferrin to run things here, or one goes and one stays.

"Ajax will be on the lookout for predators as well as prey, so if either or both of us do stay, we would only be watching the perimeter of the camp and a bit beyond."

Wow, that felt like more than he'd spoken in days. A week or more, even. His voice had grown in authority, his tone calculating and thoughtful, but now he cleared his throat and curled his lip slightly. In a more neutral voice, he finished, "Since you haven't done either patrol yet, whichever one we participate in is your choice."

Wild or Leashed OpenSeptember 7, 2021 03:07 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

Luna/ Female/ 3.5 years/ mentions Ajax/Flint

Luna thought a moment. Ajax made a good point, their coats did stand out, and it could be used to their advantage for sure. "You might be right, you hiding, us herding to you" she said as she lapped up some water before she looked between Flint and Ajax. She felt odd, having both Beta and Lead Hunter position right then, mostly since Ajax was right there with them.

When Ajax mentioned her telling them her idea, she twitched her ear, trying to think. "Well, once we spot prey, we could see where the best hiding spot for you could be, a bush, behind a tree or rock" she said. "Then, Flint could take the lead on causing it to run, and then I just make sure it doesnt go outside what we want while Flint catches up so we are on either side, nowhere for it to go other than to you" she said.

Luna played the scenario in her haid a few times as she said it, hoping that it would help her figure out if it was the right one for them to try. With only the three of them, they couldnt attempt anything too large, though large prey would be nice eventually, they would need a group of five or more ready to go, and she needed to know where everyone would be best before that as well.

The mixed white coated female wondered if the husky in her would allow her to be more agile like she remembered her mother (the husky) being, or more of a head on runner like her father (the shephard) had been. She didnt let herself ponder too much as she knew she could figure it out later and work on training herself when the others were relaxing. *No time to look back on the past* she thought as she glanced at Ajax, waiting for the alpha male to respond with her idea.

Luna then had a small idea. "Flint and I could take turns chasing the prey towards you as well, I mean, starting the chase anyway, so we can get a better idea of when the perfect time for the other to join in is" she added on.

Wild or Leashed OpenSeptember 7, 2021 11:12 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

Schnitzel

6 // Subordinate // Pembroke Welsh Corgi // Mentions: Ajax, Sam, Ferrin (ind.) Ket & Luro (dir.)

The small, golden female had awoken abruptly from the sound of rustling as the others began to rouse from their own slumbers. She couldn't make out most of the words, as she was still pretty drowsy, but, she managed to make out the words 'hungry' from the pack leader, which only caused her stomach to grumble in defiance. With a grumble, Schnitzel uncurled from her lone, warm ball of slumber into a splayed-out position, laying her broad head across her stubby legs. With lazy eyes she watched a few of the packmates lead their way deeper into the forest, leaving Schnitzel with the other strangers. She hadn't really tried to get to know anyone from this pack, mainly because she had been so isolated for so long. She was merely used to not socializing commonly.

But, leave it up to the headstrong corgi to force her confidence up enough to communicate with the others. How did one even properly greet another anyway? Asking how they were was a bland question considering their situations. But, barging into a conversation was a rude way of handling one. As Nitz allowed herself to overthink the situation, her ears perked forward to listen in on the gathered forms. Patrols? From what she could tell, they were... arguing about where to patrol or who does the patrolling? Gah. It was more like passive-aggressive communing. She let out an obnoxiously loud snort before getting to her paws. It was either a snort or a bark to address her presence and the fact that she was up. She preferred the less time-consuming one.

Taking a few steps toward them, a couple of yards distance away, Nitz tilted her head at their conversation. Ah, screw interrupting. By now, she couldn't give less of a shit about manners. She was tired, hungry, and exhausted. From what? She cants quite place her paw on. She never had the sharpest memory when it came to things she despised. "From what I recall there's a water source near, it wouldn't hurt to fill our stomachs with something rather than being empty in case they do come back empty-handed. Unless your pack is among the luckier beings, which, let's be honest ain' nobody lucky here. You boys can make up your mind on whoever holds who's hand, but if we're supposed to have a tag-along wherever we go I'm sure as hell dragging someone's sorry ass with me to get a drink."

That was the most communication she has had with another dog in a long time. Usually, her replies have been met with single-worded replies. "My apologies if I'm reading this situation wrong, but you two are coming off as vain. I'm sure Ferri-whatever his name is has his own set of legs, eyes, and ears. Now that, in itself is enough to patrol or help patrol." Nitz bore an assertive voice, although she didn't mean to. Her tongue merely ran off, as it was held back for too long. "Even if we were to get in trouble what use could you two be? Can't make up your pretty minds 'bout who goes with who, how are ya gonna have the balls to dance with death." The last bit was semi-mumbled, as the female was grumpy from waking up and entering this conversation herself. More so annoyed with herself than the ordeal she put herself in.

"Anyway, good morning."

Edited at September 7, 2021 11:15 PM by Kämpa
Wild or Leashed OpenSeptember 8, 2021 05:24 PM

Mother

Darkseeker

Give Award

Flint || 3 || Female || Shepherd/Malamute/Collie Cross

M: Ajax, Luna

She listened in silence, a thoughtful expression on her face as she, too, ran through Luna's plan. Flint had spent her entire life herding sheep, even cattle at times. This would be similar. She studied the ground until Luna had finished her thoughts and then added, "Herd animals have a way of unintentionally dispersing along the outside, so we could use that to our advantage, if the prey we find falls under that category."

She stood and raised her muzzle to the air for a moment. "I don't smell any here, though... Is this water source old, or was it formed during the quake? I think most animals would flock back to where they know water once was, so if we find that, we have a higher chance of finding food ourselves."

Was she rambling? Taking too much away from the lead hunter's plan? Too much from the alpha? She ignored these thoughts, assuring herself that, if she were overstepping, she would be told as much.

She sat back down and switched her gaze between the two other dogs. Perhaps the life of a shepherding dog would prove useful -- beneficial, even -- in her new role as an honorary pack member. Maybe she would even snatch an actual rank, come a few months' time. After she had proved herself, of course.

Forums > Roleplay
   1    2    3 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us