01:27:26 Anubis, Samael
Damn 14 minutes
 starmutt
01:25:01 marsh | they/it
new one yippe
-WP Click-
 Everlasting Torment
01:23:49 Anubis, Samael
Sassy damn that's still alot though I have 5000 Saved for wp so I'm excited for that and we'll 9 party on tokens Xad
 Sassy Otaku
01:22:47 Chuuya/Ruggie
Samael
I had a bit there were I saved up about 50k in roughly month. But then I've been slacking, so it's only going up slowly
 Everlasting Torment
01:21:00 Anubis, Samael
Sassy damn
Apples: 0
Apples Saved: 0
Mushrooms: 101
Mushrooms Saved: 10,565

I've been sperating my mush in to different holes so I'm actually saving a lot more mush then normal
 Sassy Otaku
01:19:20 Chuuya/Ruggie
Mushrooms: 784
Mushrooms Saved: 92,000

Need to push myself to 100k by the end of this week at least
 Everlasting Torment
01:18:09 Anubis, Samael
Hmm to risk staggering my dom again or not XD
 starmutt
01:17:57 marsh | they/it
but it could be howling lol who knows
 starmutt
01:17:24 marsh | they/it
considering most of my explore team has poor howling i think its more likely a CP stat instead of howling rating
 Continental Wolves
01:16:39 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Pain Meds
You were thinking of making another high talent stud right?
 The Sigma
01:16:28 Leon, Sigma
Ok, thanks!!
 Gardiens Brisés Pack
01:16:19 Lotus
Paws?^^
 Alpine Peak
01:16:07 
With the current event? Howling helps several encounters.

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Mojave Green Rattler : +4
Red Fox : -2
Jackal : -1
    Winter   Night  Weather:  Brimstone  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1   ..    42    43    44    45 

Outlander x MeekoSeptember 23, 2024 06:17 PM

Creeping Death

Darkseeker

Give Award
Silence filled the air once Sky pulled away, but with just eye contact it seemed as if they were exchanging many words. The silence then broke when Alex finally spoke. Sky listened and gave a small nod. "Yeah I know, I'll-" Sky began, his voice just above a whisper, "I'll try." He finished. His own words betrayed his thoughts, but he had to try, not just for Alex but for himself. "I don't want to go to rehab though." Sky then said, knowing he didn't have a choice. Despite the kiss lifting the mood ever so slightly, his eyes dropped again as he winced at the thought of rehab. "I know I have to go though." He then whispered as he looked down at the ground. Moving his head closer to Alex, he rested his head on one of his shoulders. He kept his eyes open, looking at one of his arms, the one with the iv first and then the one with the bruise. Tears began to form again, it was like a never-ending pain. It went away for a second when they kissed, but it just all came flooding back once Alex began to speak. "Fuck." He breathed, as a tear fell from his eye. He quickly brought a hand up and swiftly wiped away any tears. He took a deep breath so that he wouldn't explode again. He needed to learn how to control these emotions, but it was going to be a hard, long journey. He still couldn't wrap his head around the fact that Alex was still here and willing to stay by his side through this. What was so special about him? He wondered that. He wondered how Alex could want someone as low in life as Sky was. Zoning out slightly from those thoughts, he pushed them aside bringing himself back to reality. He brought his head back up once he knew he wasn't teary-eyed anymore.
(This one is shit I apologize.)
Outlander x MeekoSeptember 23, 2024 06:40 PM

Outlander

Lightbringer

Give Award
Alex watched the subtle motion of Skylar's nod, a gesture that might have seemed small to anyone else but, to Alex, it held the weight of everything. When Skylar said he'd try, Alex felt an almost involuntary warmth spread through him. His lips curved into a soft smile, the kind that comes from deep relief after a long day of fear and uncertainty. It wasn't a grand declaration or a promise of immediate change, but it was enough - it was everything Alex had been hoping for. "That's enough," Alex whispered, his voice tender, almost reverent, as though those simple words held all the significance in the world, and to him, they did. Skylar's willingness to try, to take that first step, was all that he had wanted. It was the glimmer of hope that he had clung to during the darkest moments.
`
As the conversation shifted and Skylar brought up rehab, Alex's smile faltered just for a moment. It was the reality they both had to face - the long road ahead. Nodding again, Alex's expression softened with understanding. He had expected this, maybe even prepared himself for it, but hearing it aloud still made it real in a way that sent a wave of unease through him. Yet he didn't let that show, not now. "I'll visit you every day that I can." He promised, the sincerity in his voice unmistakable. There was a firmness to his words, a quiet determination that conveyed his commitment. Alex wasn't the kind of person to make promises lightly, and this was one he intended to keep, no matter the challenges they faced.
`
But then a thought crossed his mind, and in an effort to lift the heavy atmosphere, Alex's tone shifted. He gave a playful smile, his words light and teasing as he continued. "Or should I just go with you? I mean, I did take that pill Chris gave me at the party, so maybe I need rehab too." The jest felt out of place given the gravity of the situation, but Alex hoped it would ease some of the tension. He wanted Skylar to know that despite everything he was still there, willing to make light of things when they needed it, willing to be the anchor that Skylar could hold on to when everything felt too much. The lightheadedness didn't last long, though. Alex's smile faded as Skylar cursed under his breath. His attention sharpened immediately, concern flashing in his blue eyes as he noticed the tears gathering in Skylar's eyes. "Sky?" His voice held a delicate edge of worry, as though speaking too loudly or too quickly might break something fragile in the moment. Watching Skylar move closer, Alex's heart clenched painfully when he rested his head against his shoulder. The weight of Skylar's body against his, the warmth of his breath, and the dampness of a tear falling onto his arm - all of it made Alex's chest ache with emotions he couldn't quite name.
`
For a moment, Alex froze, unsure of what to do, as if he feared that moving too suddenly might cause Skylar to retreat back into himself. But then instinct took over. Slowly, gently, he wrapped his arms around Skylar, pulling him into a tender embrace that was as much about offering comfort as it was about seeking it. There was nothing performative about the gesture - no grand display, just the quiet reassurance of being there, of holding on when words weren't enough. Alex held him with the kind of tenderness that came from knowing how fragile things could be, how quickly someone could slip away if you let them go.
`
He didn't speak. There was nothing to say that could make the tears stop, nothing he could say that would change what they were facing. So he remained silent, his arms around Skylar, his chin resting lightly against the top of his head, as they stood there in that quiet, intimate space that felt both comforting and heartbreaking. The sound of their breathing filled the room, punctuated by the soft hum of hospital equipment, but all of that faded into the background. Right now, all that mattered was this moment, this fragile connection between them.
`
Even when Skylar lifted his head, pulling away just slightly, Alex didn't loosen his hold. His arms remained where they were, a quiet, unspoken reminder that he wasn't going anywhere. He searched Skylar's face, his own heart breaking at the sight of those tears, but he didn't push for more words. Alex had learned by now that sometimes, it wasn't about saying the right thing. Sometimes, it was about just being there - being the person who stayed when everything else felt like it was falling apart. "Sky," Alex whispered again, his voice barely more than a breath as his thumb brushed gently against the back of Skylar's neck. The tender gesture meant to soothe, to ground them both in the present moment. "You don't have to go through this alone. I'm here." There was a raw honesty in his words, a vulnerability that he wasn't used to showing, but he didn't care. Skylar needed to know. He needed to understand that no matter how hard things got, Alex wasn't going to abandon him. "Whatever happens, we'll face it together," Alex said softly, his voice steady despite the storm of emotions swirling inside him. "I promise." And in that moment, it wasn't just words - it was a vow.
Outlander x MeekoSeptember 23, 2024 07:44 PM

Creeping Death

Darkseeker

Give Award
(Im a bit busy so replies will be short)
Sky thought for a moment after he listened to what Alex kept saying. That's when he remembered something he previously said. "Don't make a promise you can't keep." Sky said, his tone firm as he stepped back a step. "Remember what you told me? You said you wanted to run before, how can I trust you and know you wont." Sky said, staring dead into Alex's eyes. Without thinking again, he was back in his mind, he needed serious help. "Yeah screw that Alex." Sky scoffed, backing up even more. "Just go." He then said as turned around and walked back to the hospital bed.
Somehow the protective armour Sky had shielded himself with, was forming again. Just when he thought him and Alex were going to get through this together, that one thought messed it up. No, that cant be. I must be overreacting, Sky thought, getting into his head again. No I'm right, he wanted to run before so he will want to again.
Outlander x MeekoSeptember 23, 2024 09:32 PM

Outlander

Lightbringer

Give Award
Alex's body reacted immediately, tensing the moment Skylar's firm voice cut through the air. His chest tightened with unease as he watched Sky step back, confusion flickering across his face. "What had he said? What had he done wrong? The expression on Skylar's face was impossible to read, and that only made Alex's heart pound faster. Then Skylar spoke, throwing his earlier words back at him - his admission that he'd wanted to run away. The weight of that statement hung between them like a thick fog. Damn it. That wasn't what he'd meant. He hadn't wanted to run from Skylar, not from this fragile, delicate relationship they were just beginning to navigate. He had meant... well, Alex wasn't even sure what he had meant anymore.
`
The sharp tension in the room grew heavier when Skylar turned his back on him, heading toward the hospital bed once more, dismissing him with that same cold command. Just go. Alex could see it happening before his eyes - the wall that had only just begun to crumble, the defenses that had softened ever so slightly, being rebuilt brick by brick. His pulse quickened, panic rising in his chest. Was that it? Was this how it all fell apart, after everything?
`
Without thinking, his body moved on its own. In a split second, Alex stepped forward, his hand reaching out instinctively to grab hold of Skylar's. The contact was desperate, the grip tight and trembling as if Alex feared that if he let go, Skylar might slip away forever. "Whatever you're thinking," Alex started, his voice edged with urgency and desperation, "I didn't mean it like that." He barely recognized his own voice - strained, pleading, vulnerable. "It wasn't because of you. It wasn't anything you did or said that made me want to... to escape this," Alex's breath hitched as he tried to gather his thoughts, his words stumbling over each other as he fought to explain. His mind raced, searching for the right words, the right way to make Skylar understand. He couldn't lose him like this - not when they had come so far, not when the possibility of something real, something good, had finally started to feel within reach.
`
"I told you, didn't I?" Alex continued, his grip on Skylar's hand tightening slightly, as if holding on was the only thing keeping him from falling apart. "My parents, my family... my friends... nobody knows about me. Nobody knows who I really am - except for you." His voice wavered, and he tried to mask the trembling in it, but it was no use. The rawness of his confession was laid bare between them, an admission of vulnerability that made his heart race with fear. He couldn't look away from Skylar, his blue eyes locked onto the other boy, hoping - praying - that he would understand. That he would see past the mess of words, the confusion, the pain, and understand that it had never been about wanting to leave him. It was about fear - fear of himself, fear of the world, fear of rejection, and the terror of what it might mean to let someone in so fully, so deeply, the way he had started to let Skylar in.
`
"I've spent so long hiding, Sky," Alex continued, his voice softening but no less intense. "From everyone. From myself. And then you came along, and suddenly everything I thought I knew about who I was... it didn't make sense anymore. I wanted to run because I was scared. I didn't know how to deal with it - deal with this." He gestured between them, trying to encapsulate the complexity of what they were building, this fragile connection that had taken root despite all the odds. "It wasn't about you. It was about me. My fear." His throat tightened as the weight of his words settled in the room. His heart hammering in his chest, but he forced himself to keep going. He had to say this. Skylar needed to hear it. "You're the only person who knows me," Alex whispered, his eyes searching Skylar's posture for any sign that he was listening, that he was understanding, for any hint that he was getting through. "The real me. And that scares the hell out of me. But I'm not going anywhere. I swear, I'm not leaving. Not now, not because things are hard or confusing. I'm here. I'm all in."
`
His breath was ragged now, his chest heaving slightly as the weight of his confession hung in the air between them. Alex could feel the sting of tears pressing at the corners of his eyes, but he blinked them back, refusing to let them fall. He wasn't going to lose control now, not when he was so close to breaking through. "I'm not running anymore." He added his voice barely above a whisper, the words carrying the full weight of his resolve. "Not from you, not from this... whatever this is. I want to be here. With you."
`
Alex stood there, his heart pounding in his chest, his hand still holding onto Skylar's as if it were the only lifeline he had. The silence that followed was heavy, almost unbearable, but he didn't look away. He didn't pull back. He waited, hoping that this time - finally - his words would reach Skylar, that they would break through the walls he had built, and that they might finally be able to move forward, together.
Outlander x MeekoSeptember 23, 2024 10:21 PM

Creeping Death

Darkseeker

Give Award
Just when Sky thought Alex would go, he felt a hand grab ahold of his. Sky turned around, now annoyed at all of this. At this moment he was so over it, and he just wanted it to stop, but he let Alex speak. He shook his head and sucked his teeth at Alex's words, not believing any of it. "You get it all out?" He asked, being a jackass. He then swatted Alex's hand and pulled away from his grip before ripping out his IV. "Whatever, I'm done" Sky said with a heated expression as he took any other hospital stuff and shoved past Alex. Opening the door aggressively, he took a quick heated glance at his mother. "Skylar where are you going?" Danielle asked with a worried expression. "Leave me alone." Sky retorted back as he walked down the hospital halls. The walk soon turned into a run, he didn't want anyone to follow. "Sir you can leave you have to stay, the police needed to ask questions." Polly said, slightly trailing behind Sky before stopping in her tracks. She knew she would be the last person Sky wanted to talk to. A situation like this was something police had to handle because there were many different things Sky was at risk of doing. He could hurt himself, or get more drugs. "We have to call the police." Polly stated, walking over to Janice. "What, wait why?" Danielle asked frantically as she followed Polly. "Because he's at risk of hurting himself." Polly replied as she dialed 911.
'
As Sky made his way through the hospital halls, he found his way outside. The rush of adrenaline was so much that he just kept running aimlessly. He was unsure of where to go, and what he was going to do when he stopped. He was out, he was free, and he could easily relapse. He shook his head as he ran, feeling his stamina run out. Slowling down he came to a stop and began breathing heavily. He needed a moment to catch his breath and to think about what the hell he was doing. The thought of him being such a problem right now made him want to just disappear. If he wasn't there, nobody would have to worry about him, or help him.
Outlander x MeekoSeptember 23, 2024 10:53 PM

Outlander

Lightbringer

Give Award
When Skylar finally spoke, his words hit Alex with the force of a physical blow, knocking the wind out of him. It felt like a slap, sharp and sudden, leaving him reeling. His chest constricted painfully, his breath catching as if he'd been punched in the gut. For a split second, he could only stare, stunned, as Skylar's expression shifted from cold indifference to something fiercer, something more resolute. Then without warning, Skylar swatted Alex's hand away, severing the connection between them, and Alex's eyes instinctively followed the motion, his hand hanging limply at his side. "Skylar..." Alex's voice came out thin, barely audible over the rush of his own heartbeat. His mind scrambled, desperate to find the right words something - anything - to stop Skylar from doing whatever reckless thing he was clearly about to do. Bargaining flashed through Alex's mind: If you stay here, I'll leave. Just don't walk out. But before he could get the words out, Skylar was already in motion, ripping the IV from his arm with a determined yank. Alex flinched at the sight, a wince tightening his features, but it was nothing compared to the storm of emotions raging inside him.
`
"Wait-" He started again, more urgently this time, but Skylar was already headed for the door, shoving it open with an almost defiant force that echoed in the small hospital room. Alex stood frozen, every muscle in his body tense, watching as Skylar's mother appeared at the threshold, her face etched with concern and confusion. For a few agonizing moments, Alex remained rooted on the spot, caught in the paralysis of shock and indecision. His heart raced, torn between chasing after him and letting him go. He could feel the weight of everything pressing down on him - the fight, the exhaustion, the feeling of being helpless in the face of Skylar's relentless self-destruction. He wanted to scream, to plead, to force Skylar to see that this wasn't the way, that running wasn't the answer. But before he could even make sense of his own tangled emotions, Skylar was already gone, disappearing down the hall as if fleeing from everything that had just happened between them.
`
Alex turned slowly, his body still stiff with the tension, and stepped toward the open door. He couldn't just let Skylar go. Not like this. Not after everything. His feet almost moved of their own accord, pulling him into the hallway where the nurses were already beginning to react to the commotion. The sound of hurried footsteps, hushed conversations, and the beeping of machines filled the air. He could hear someone in the distance, maybe one of the nurses, speaking into a phone. The words they spoke barely registered in Alex's mind, though the weight of their meaning settled like a stone in his gut. They're calling the cops.
`
"Damn it," Alex muttered under his breath, his voice tight and strained. He stood in the middle of the hallway for a moment, his hands curling into fists at his sides, frustration bubbling up inside him like a rising tide. What was he supposed to do now? He had promised Skylar that he wouldn't run, that he wouldn't leave him. But here he was, once again watching as Skylar made it impossible for anyone to help him. He felt torn, conflicted between what his mind told him to do and what his heart was screaming for him to act on.
`
Part of him wanted to go home. To walk out of the hospital, shut out the noise, and forget about all of this. Skylar had made it clear - he didn't want Alex to stay. He'd shoved him away, and swatted him aside like he didn't matter. So why was Alex still clinging to the hope that somehow, someway, things could be different? Why was he holding on to someone who seemed so intent on throwing him away? Because he'd promised. Because no matter how much Skylar tried to push him away, no matter how much pain and confusion swirled between them, Alex couldn't just let him go. Not now. Not when Skylar needed him the most.
`
With a resolute shake of his head, Alex grit his teeth and set his jaw. His heart was pounding, a mixture of anger and desperation fueling him as he moved swiftly toward the hospital's entrance. His footsteps echoed in the sterile hallway, his thoughts racing as he pushed through the double doors and stepped out into the night. The cool air hit him like a shock to the system, but it did little to clear the fog of emotions clouding his mind. All he could think about was finding Skylar. He had to be close, somewhere nearby. He couldn't have gotten far. His eyes scanned the parking lot, hoping, praying that he'd catch a glimpse of him - anything to suggest that Skylar hadn't vanished entirely. But the lot was empty, the rows of cars standing silent and indifferent under the dim glow of the streetlights. His stomach twisted in knots as he quicked his pace, his gaze darting from one shadow toe the next, searching for any sign of movement.
`
"Come on, Sky," Alex muttered to himself, his breath coming in short, sharp bursts as the weight of his emotions bore down on him. He wasn't ready to give up. He couldn't let their conversation - their fight - end like this. Skylar needed him, even if he couldn't see it right now. Alex's hands tightened into fists once more as he picked up his pace, his feet carrying him through the parking lot and toward the street. He had no idea where Skylar had gone, no idea what his next move would be. But he knew one thing with absolute certainty: he wasn't going to stop looking. Not until he found him. Not until he made Skylar understand that he wasn't walking away, and not until he ensure that Skylar got the help he needed.
Outlander x MeekoSeptember 23, 2024 11:18 PM

Creeping Death

Darkseeker

Give Award
As Skylar struggled to catch his breath, a wave of panic washed over him, intensifying the sensation that no amount of air could fill his lungs. It felt as though two walls were closing in around him, compressing his chest and constricting his breath. Each inhale grew shallower, and soon the oppressive weight made it seem as if he were suffocating. The world around him began to spin, a dizzying blur of colours and shapes. It made him crouch down, seeking stability close to the ground in case he lost his balance entirely. An intense twist of nausea coiled in his stomach and without warning, he gathered his hair into a makeshift ponytail, the cool breeze grazing his neck as he leaned over and threw up onto the grass beside the sidewalk. The acrid scent of bile mingled with the fresh earth beneath him, and he realized he hadn’t had much in his system to begin with, now, there was nothing at all.
Wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, Skylar pushed himself up, urgency propelling him to his feet. He needed to move before anyone stumbled upon his vulnerable state.
'
Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes, attempting to steady the whirlwind of thoughts racing through his mind. Adrenaline coursed through his veins like the very drug that was in his veins not to long ago. He was aware that the police would soon be searching for him soon if nobody else found him first. But the thought of being found was the least of his worries. What loomed larger in his mind was the desire for Alex to forget him entirely. The humiliation of his recent actions haunted him, a shadow that clung to his every thought. He couldn’t bear the idea of facing Alex again, of seeing the disappointment etched on his face. That pain felt sharper than any physical wound, a burden he was determined to escape. With a shaky breath, Skylar steeled himself for the road ahead, knowing he had to keep moving. He had to get far away from the memories that threatened to engulf him.

Edited at September 23, 2024 11:19 PM by Poseidon
Outlander x MeekoSeptember 23, 2024 11:41 PM

Outlander

Lightbringer

Give Award
Reaching the edge of the hospital parking lot, Alex paused, his breath coming in short, uneven bursts. The night air was cool against his flushed skin, but it did little to calm the storm of emotions raging inside him. His eyes scanned the empty streets, the quiet sidewalks illuminated only by the soft glow of distant streetlights. There was no sign of Skylar, no hint of where he might have gone. It felt like the world had swallowed him whole, leaving Alex stranded in the silence, his heart pounding in his chest. For a moment, Alex stood there, unsure of what to do next. His mind was racing, a tangled mess of worry, frustration, and hurt. Skylar had run - again. Just when it seemed like they were making progress, just when Alex thought they were finally getting somewhere, Skylar had bolted, shutting him out as if the connection they'd built meant nothing. And yet, despite the pain gnawing at him, Alex couldn't bring himself to walk away. Not yet. Not when Skylar was out there, alone, probably hurting more than either of them could admit.
`
He swallowed hard, forcing down the lump in his throat, and started down the sidewalk, his steps quick and determined. He kept his eyes open, searching for any movement in the shadows, any sign that Skylar was nearby. His chest tightened with every step, the weight of their unfinished conversation pressing heavily on his mind. The memory of Skylar's words echoed in his ear, sharp and cutting, and he found himself replaying them over and over, trying to make sense of what had gone wrong. "Skylar?!" Alex called after several minutes of walking, his voice ringing out into the empty night. The sound felt small, swallowed by the vastness of the quiet street, and he hated how desperate it made him feel. He was practically begging Skylar to come back, to stop running long enough for them to figure this out. But there was no response, just the distant hum of traffic and the rustling of leaves in the wind.
`
As he walked, Alex silently pleaded for Skylar to stop, to turn around and face him. Maybe, if he willed it hard enough, Skylar would appear in front of him - apologetic, remorseful, ready to talk. But the street remained empty, the sidewalk stretching out endlessly in front of him, and with every passing minute, hope seemed to slip further away. His mind churned with doubt, frustration bubbling up beneath the surface. Why is he doing this? Why was he pushing him and everyone else who cared about him away?
`
But even as those thoughts surfaced, Alex knew the answer. He knew that Skylar was scared and overwhelmed. That his instinct to run was rooted in those feelings. Fear of being hurt. Fear of being vulnerable. Fear of letting someone in only to be left behind. And as much as it hurt to be on the receiving end of that fear, Alex couldn't bring himself to blame him. He'd seen the cracks in Skylar's armor, the way he'd softened for just a moment before retreating again. He wasn't running because he didn't care - he was running because he cared too much.
`
"Skylar?!" Alex called again, his voice louder this time, tinged with a mix of worry and frustration. But deep down, he doubted Skylar would respond. Even if he heard him, even if he was close by, Skylar wouldn't come back so easily. He was too deep in his own head, too wrapped up in his own pain to let anyone reach him. Alex's steps slowed, and for a moment, he stood still, his chest heaving as he tried to catch his breath. His hands clenched into fists at his sides, the frustration building up like a pressure cooker. He hated feeling so powerless, so utterly incapable of helping the one person he wanted to protect more than anything. He hated that no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't seem to break through to Skylar, couldn't get him to see that he didn't have to fight this battle alone.
`
The sidewalk stretched out in front of him, an endless path of uncertainty, and Alex felt a wave of exhaustion wash over him. He was tired - tired of chasing, tired of being pushed away, tired of feeling like he was the only one fighting for something that Skylar seemed determined to destroy. And yet, no matter how tired he was, no matter how much it hurt, he couldn't just give up. With a deep breath, Alex forced himself to keep moving, his footsteps heavy but determined. His heart ached with every step but he pressed on, refusing to let the silence win. He didn't know where Skylar was, or if he'd even be able to find him, but he knew one thing for certain: he wasn't going to stop. He wasn't going to give up on Skylar, no matter how many times Skylar tried to push him away.
`
Because beneath all the fear, all the anger, and all the pain, lex was sure that Skylar didn't really want to be alone. He just didn't know how to ask for help and had convinced himself he didn't want it. As long as there was even a sliver of hope, Alex was willing to chase after him - to find him, to pull him back from the edge, and to remind him that he wasn't as alone as he thought. With renewed determination, Alex picked up his pace, his eyes scanning the darkness ahead. "Skylar?!" His voice echoed once more into the night, carrying with it all the desperation, all the hope, and all the care that he couldn't put into words. This time though, there was something else in his voice, something more than just fear or worry. There was resolve.
Outlander x MeekoSeptember 24, 2024 12:48 AM

Creeping Death

Darkseeker

Give Award
As Sky ventured into the night, the shadows seemed to stretch around him, wrapping him in a cloak of uncertainty and fear. Each step he took echoed with the weight of his growing panic. The chill in the air was more than just a drop in temperature, it was the cold grip of reality settling in as he remembered that the police were actively searching for him. The initial thrill and adrenaline had faded into a wave of anxiety that gnawed at his insides. He was aware that he hadn’t committed any serious crime, at least, none that seemed justifiable to him, aside from doing serious drugs and making a series of poor choices that had led him to this point. But the thought of being caught, of facing the consequences, loomed over him like a dark cloud.
Lost in his spiralling thoughts, the sounds of the night faded into a distant hum. The sound of his shoes hitting the pavement, crickets, and the occasional car passing by all became muffled under the weight of his internal chaos. Then, suddenly, a loud yell pierced through the stillness, cutting through his mental fog like a knife. It was a voice he couldn’t forget, a voice that was woven into the fabric of his memories, Alex. The desperation and pain in Alex's cry resonated deep within him, sending shivers down his spine and making his heart race. It was a sound filled with raw emotion, a plea that felt both urgent and haunting. For a moment, Skylar felt as if the ground beneath him had shifted, and he nearly broke down, tears threatening to spill over as he processed the depth of Alex's suffering.
'
He stopped dead in his tracks, the echoes of that single yell reverberating in his mind. He strained to hear any other sound that might follow, any further indication of where Alex was, but the night fell silent once more. It was as if the world had held its breath, leaving only his heartbeat in the stillness.
After a moment of just standing in silence, he took a deep breath, the crisp night air filling his lungs with a sense of urgency. The thought of turning back weighed heavily on him, he felt the tug of loyalty and friendship battling against his thoughts and fear. He began to walk mindlessly, his feet moving almost of their own accord. The echoes of Alex’s desperate call haunted him. He could almost visualize Alex's face, twisted in anguish, and he knew deep down that he couldn’t abandon him, especially not after that anguished yell.
'
With every step he took toward the sound of Alex’s voice, a flicker of determination ignited within him. The image of that heart-wrenching yell would stay with him forever, a reminder of the bond they shared and the choices he had to make for the sake of their relationship.
'
As he continued to walk in the direction of where the yell supposedly came from, he stopped when he saw a silhouette in the distance. He contemplated turning away again, to run and do what the demons in his mind are telling him to do. But another part of him couldn't stand it if he left after hearing how desperate and hurt he sounded. He began to walk closer, his heart racing from the uncertinity of what Alex was going to do or say. "Alex." Sky said, his voice tired, and just above a whisper.
Outlander x MeekoSeptember 24, 2024 07:59 PM

Outlander

Lightbringer

Give Award
Alex continued down the sidewalk, his eyes darting from shadow to shadow, ears straining for the faintest sound that might reveal Skylar's whereabouts. The night was unsettlingly quiet, the kind of silence that pressed down on him, heavy and suffocating. The only sounds that accompanied him were the soft thud of his shoes hitting the pavement and the occasional rustling of leaves in the wind. Every now and then, the hum of a distant car broke through the stillness, but it was always fleeting, fading back into the quiet like a ghost passing through the night. Crickets chirped in the distance, their rhythmic song filling the void, and somewhere far off, an owl hooted, its lonely call amplifying the isolation Alex felt. But none of these sounds brought him any closer to finding Skylar. None of them gave him the one thing he desperately needed - a sign.
`
After what felt like an eternity of walking without any trace of Skylar, Alex's steps slowed until he finally came to a stop. His chest heaved slightly from exertion, but it was the mental and emotional exhaustion that weighed the heaviest. He raised a trembling hand to his lips and, without thinking, began biting at the name of his thumb - a nervous habit he hadn't indulged in since childhood. The familiar action surprised him, a stark reminder of just how rattled he was. He was losing control, fraying at the edges. Where the hell are you, Skylar? Alex thought, his gaze scanning the empty street before him. His eyes stung with frustration as his mind raced with all the terrible possibilities. If he couldn't find Skylar, maybe the police would. That thought brought him little comfort though. What if they found him too late? What if Skylar overdosed again, or worse, ended up in some other kind of trouble Alex couldn't pull him out of? The very idea sent a chill down his spine, a wave of dread tightening his chest.
`
He exhaled shakily, his breath visible in the cool night air, and rubbed a hand over his face. Maybe he should go back to the hospital, and check to see if Skylar had returned on his own. The idea seemed too optimistic, too hopeful to be realistic, but what other option did he have? Wandering aimlessly through the streets all night wouldn't help. If Skylar didn't want to be found, Alex could search forever and never come close. He was beginning to feel the weight of hopelessness, the nagging voice in the back of his mind telling him he was wasting time. Just as he was about to turn back and begin the long, rejecting walk to the hospital, he heard it - a soft sound that made him freeze midstep. His name. Barely audible, but unmistakable.
`
At first, he thought he'd imagined it, the exhaustion playing tricks on his mind, but then he heard the quiet shuffle of footsteps approaching from behind. Heart pounding, Alex whipped around, his breath catching in his throat as his eyes landed on a familiar figure emerging from the darkness. "Skylar?" It came out as a whisper, disbelief laced in his voice. For a split second, Alex thought his eyes were deceiving him, that maybe this was just another cruel trick his mind was playing on him. But then Skylar stepped closer, and Alex could see him clearly, standing there in the dim light of the streetlamp.
`
A wave of overwhelming relief washed over him, so powerful it nearly brought him to his knees. His chest loosened, and he released a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. Without a second thought, his feet began moving towards Skylar, closing the distance between them before he even fully registered what was happening. "Skylar," Alex repeated, his voice still tinged with disbelief, though this time it was stronger, more assured. He couldn't believe it - after all the panic, the searching, Skylar was here, standing in front of him. As he reached him, Alex instinctively reached out to take one of Skylar's hands, gripping it tightly as if to make sure he was real, as if afraid he might disappear again. "You... you scared the hell out of me." He admitted, his chest constricting with the weight of everything he'd been holding in. His words came out more as a breathless confession than a reprimand. "I didn't know where you'd gone, what you were going to do. I thought -" He broke off, swallowing hard as his throat tightened. He couldn't finish the sentence. Couldn't bring himself to say what he'd been so terrified of.

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1   ..    42    43    44    45 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us