Wolf Play : Whispers Cost | Discussion
Chatbox
 Ámor
08:41:40 On haitus
I got covid twice between 2019-2021 :")
 Revelry
08:38:10 Rev
congrats to me who manage to avoid covid during 2 years of lockdown, just to get it now
 Dawnforest
08:38:03 Dawn
Vote? -WP Click-
 Hallow's Eve
08:37:56 Hallow, Eve
If I don't find some bighorn sheep here soon I will have to drop this quest T^T
 BuggyOs
08:30:07 Bug-a-boo
Zefhyr
I don't know the answer to that one, sadly. I don't think they would be, if you have it at all it should be used.
 ZEFHYR
08:28:56 
thanks, BuggyO. pls. scroll down a tad and see question about temple relics? do they need to be Unburied before exploring? in order to count in the temple?
 BuggyOs
08:26:46 Bug-a-boo
Zefhyr
yeah, there's less prey in winter, and some of the little text blubs are different, and other actions
 ZEFHYR
08:26:23 
hi, BuggyOs!!
 Salem
08:26:04 Rumi
-WP Click-
 ZEFHYR
08:25:43 
so, seasons affect the explore game?
 Dawnforest
08:25:26 Dawn
-WP Click-
 BuggyOs
08:25:08 Bug-a-boo
Zefhyr
hi :)
 ZEFHYR
08:24:30 
CP for whomever answers?
 distant-lands
08:15:00 katy | beetle
-Click-
elowen gets a pretty YCH too <3

the background colors is her boyfriend's color palette
 ZEFHYR
08:11:28 
Q. if you have a relic for the Temple,does it need to be UNburied first to be recognized by the temple?
 TeaBear
08:03:04 Reign / Lucky / Bear
Nev
ooh roger :) I forgot about seasons lol, thankyou :)
 Poe
08:02:32 
Something about battle training three wolves at the same time isnÂ’t the easiest thing to do haha
 Nevermore.
08:02:05 Never/Nev
Tea bear

There will be more come spring/summer
 Poe
08:01:57 
-WP Click-
It has been a slow challenge to get him to death grip, but IÂ’m feeling optimistic
 Transcendence
08:01:24 free palestine
Pvp anyone fast

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Caiman : +1
Bobcat : +1
Black Panther : +1
    Winter   Day  Weather:  Sunny

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    538    539    540    541    542   ..   606 

Whispers Cost | DiscussionJune 4, 2024 08:36 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Literally amazing right there-
I bet Akira using Garvin's nickname whenever the big arguments where he ends up spiraling and retraumatizing himself would be a big help too- It's something that he just wouldn't be prepared for to the point it would manage to help. It wouldn't be able to stop it in its entirety, but it would be a great step in the right direction.
-
Yeah, anything to make everything more bearable and humor certainly does that.
-
Oooo, yeahhhh- That'll all be very fun, for sure.
Garvin would be so confused. The apologies especially would be confusing. Like, 'Uhhh, yer fine??? No need ta apologize??? Ya didn' do anythin'???'
He's literally so confused. All he knows is Akira is apologizing a ton and he has no idea why. So obviously he's concerned and worrying about Akira.
Garvin's mind is very quick to take action. As in... Very quick to split and dissociate and make sure he doesn't actually remember it at all.
Which is going to be interesting for sure eventually because to everyone else it really will just come across as Garvin being able to bounce back from shit very quickly. Like nothing seems to bother him. Or at the very least, it doesn't bother him for long.
Literally, after the Andi Arc, he only seems bothered for as long as it takes the system to reorganize. And then he's basically forgotten most of it. So, more specifically, bu the end of the July Arc.
-
Also, realized something while working on the subsystems...
Nico and Akira might actually learn about the grooming Garvin went through way sooner than I originally thought they would.
Like. I was expecting that to be something that took a while to figure out.
But if Garvin ends up taking the group leaving the city to the sketchy gang/mafia...
Ooooh boyyy.
There's actually a good chance of those two finding out. I'd say especially Akira given how protective they are. But also, given how observant Nico is, they're pretty likely too.
Just because of how Fintan and the Tombs Subsystem is.
Which, by the way, the Tombs Subsystem is one of the only other two subsystems other than the Chips Subsystem where more than one or two of the alters/headmates already have names.
The only other subsystem where multiple alters/headmates already have names, other than the Chips Subsystem and Tombs Subsystem, is the Ring Subsystem from the time spent in the trafficking ring and all... Yeah.
Whispers Cost | DiscussionJune 6, 2024 11:54 AM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Sorry I've been inactive, I'm out of state right now, lmao
-
Ooo, good to know. Akira will happily do that, haha
-
Ah, yeah, that makes sense. And whoever else is aware of what happened just watching in concern the whole time, lol
-
Ah, I see, so, basically, Akira's gonna throw hands sooner than expected (but probably not really because they don't wanna do anything to accidentally trigger Garvin or something, so their more likely to just refuse to let Garvin out of their sight and get extra protective) XD
Whispers Cost | DiscussionJune 6, 2024 12:12 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
You're fine lol
Gives me time to do absolutely everything I've been trying to do XD
-
It'd be amazing and sad, like- Garvin's just continuously spiraling and retraumatizing himself by being way too detailed about trauma because he's trying to 'win' an argument with Revan or 'prove' something to Revan, not even realizing Revan's not even in the room anymore and then Akira just calls him Claddagh and he can't even like, figure out what to do, just stopping with everything he'd been saying and then it's just the aftermath from what had already been said to deal with
-
Oh for sure- Anyone who knows what happened would be so confused by these two in that moment.
-
Haha, yeah, probably-
Please do not throw hands, Akira, please
This is a good time to mention I have learned new terms for things!

Subsystem - When an individual alter/headmate also has a system. Many of them here do, but they’re mostly made up of fragments so you won’t see many gone over.

Sidesystem - A separate group of alters/headmates that tend to have lower amnesia/better communication between them than the rest of the system.

Epoch - A grouping of alters/headmates based on time period. May or may not have lower amnesia/better communication.

Sisasystem - An umbrella term for groups in the system, be they subsystems, sidesystems, epochs, or anything else.

Anyways. So. The Tombs Epoch actually has a sidesystem as well called Midas Sidesystem.

Midas is an alter/headmate in the Tombs Epoch.

A lot of alters/headmates in the Tombs Epoch actually already have names too.

The Midas Sidesystem is actually relatively still active. Jasper is technically part of the Midas Sidesystem.

Fintan knows who Midas is. Midas is very loyal to Fintan. Please Akira. Do not throw hands.

Whispers Cost | DiscussionJune 6, 2024 09:45 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
That's good at least, lmaoo
-
Aww, yeah, very sad, but also kinda adorable, Akira will just be glad they can actually help at that point, haha
-
Definitely.
-
Ooo, all that info is great!
Akira shall resist the urge to throw hands, but they'll also be glaring daggers at Fintan the whole time while also keeping Garvin close, lol
-
Also, I got distracted (again, oops-), so take some angsty info on Akira and Ingall that'll effect the polyship :)
-
Ingall is going to struggle so much to actually show affection for the first several months of the relationship, and he's going to be feeling so much guilt about it. Especially when it comes to saying 'I love you' or giving compliments. This is, you guessed it, thanks to a shit ton of trauma from Amar. Actually, Revan will get to see part of that when him and Ingall run into Amar sometime after the others leave. But, yeah, a lot of trauma is tied to the phrase 'I love you' for Ingall, and, if you pair that with Gall's general stuggle to communicate with and understand people, you get a very sad bean who is trying his best and feeling so guilty that he can't love the others like he wants to and thinks he should. (Also working on another song to showcase this, actually, haha)
-
Akira is actually struggles a lot with their body image. Because they're so masculine (with a strong jawline and larger muscles) and don't really feel comfortable (yet) in more femine cloathing, they get mistaken for a man pretty often, even by people who mean well. And, actually, meeting Nico kind of worsened this for them since they very much present in an androgynous way that matches how he feels about her gender, and it's rare for people to assume that he's "male" or "female." That said, we'll probably actually get a discussion between Nico and Akira at some point about gender expression, maybe during the Healing Arc. I'll also mention that Akira's insecurity about their appearance will, at least until they start feeling comfortable in their own skin (so a bit after the Healing Arc, probably), effect how they view intimacy with their partners... Basically, because, in their mind, they look "too masculine," they don't feel comfortable with anyone else seeing their body and then affirming that thought, so hiding under baggy clothes and lots of layers is their best option. (Yep, their jacket isn't just because they get cold constantly... even though they do... it's also an attempt to cover up)
Whispers Cost | DiscussionJune 6, 2024 10:09 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Yeahhh, makes sense. Garvin very much will be confused. And please Akira, and everyone else, do not bring it up at all or try to explain- It will only end badly. Literally the only time Devery and Garvin have gotten into a fight was because Devery tried to bring it up and explain that, yeah, no, Garvin, you were groomed, and Garvin punched him and Devery didn't see him for months after.
Also, fun time to mention, uh, the first July where an attempt was actually made on his life is also when he first left the sketchy gang/mafia. The alter/headmate for that July already has a name and the name is Jewel. Jewel is also part of the Midas Sidesystem. Do with all that as you will.
-
Ooooo, love all that information!
Here's this!
So- We both know that Revan and Akira are the last to officially start dating and are even slower at actually doing 'couple things' as per your Akira and Revan short story. I like to think that after that though, they fall very hard for each other and it's actually a pretty common occurrence for the two do get along and go on dates and just all of that stuff.
Revan and Garvin, on the other hand, kind of do the opposite. Garvin is probably the second one to start officially dating Revan, second to Nico, obviously. And, yeah, they'll do things and it definitely seems like the two get along fine and whatnot (as seen with how Akira views the two in your short story for Akira and Revan) but honestly- The two are not actually all that close. The reason why it seems like it is basically a combination of Revan not really understanding relationships, having only been in the one with Monta before, and Garvin having a lot of experience in relationships where the power was way skewed due to social standing. Aka, Garvin is used to people higher up than he is taking full advantage and control in a relationship while he just steals their money. This is very much going to cause problems as Garvin will steal Revan's money occasionally to fund addictions he has.
The two really don't start to be on a deeper, more intimate level with each other until the Healing Arc.
-
A bit more on the nicer side now- Until the whole thing with finding out he looks a lot like his parents, Garvin actually doesn't mind his appearance much at all. If anything, he just knows he's probably far thinner than he should be but, well, not much to be done about that given how he lives. (Besides, people tend to like thin, right? So it's not that bad. It's helpful. It means more people want them and they can use that to steal more money from people. There's a reason they skipped meals even when food was offered while with the sketchy gang/mafia.)
Parenthesis brought to you by the thought process of our dear Midas.
Whispers Cost | DiscussionJune 7, 2024 07:55 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Working on the Polaris Chat short story again and-
Be prepared for a ton of self loathing. Like. So much. It takes place during July Arc so... I mean... Probably expected but like-
Literally a sentence I have in there so far is-
'Worthless garbage makes an absolute saint worry about breaking it, as if it somehow wasn't already just completely fucking shattered.'
-
Anyways. On a lighter note. Also working on the Down Bay Diner short story and Garvin gets to have a nap in it.
-
Also on a much lighter note- I haven't spoken on this much but Garvin and Aries are going to be such an odd pair of besties by the time they leave the city.
Which- Did I forget to mention that Aries is part of that group?
The group consists of;
Garvin, Akira, Nico, Briar, Mergen, Aries, and Clio.
Anyways, yeah, Garvin and Aries are going to be a funny duo. Can't wait for the 'Artemis Chat' I have planned lmao
It's such a dumb chat too. Like. Literally. Just such a dumb little thing. Just a tiny insignificant conversation the two have.
But I am so excited for it.
-
Also, not sure why but, like-
At The Cemetery by Madilyn Mei & cloudkissed give me such Akira and Garvin vibes and I do not know why.
-
On a much worse note-
Nightmares!
Revan has a lot of nightmares. Especially about people he cares about dying. So when the polyship gets together, you better bet he has a ton of nightmares of them dying and it somehow being his fault.
Garvin also has a lot of nightmares, as one might expect, but he remembers very few of them. His nightmares also vary a lot more than Revans' nightmares. He'll have nightmares of dying, of near death experiences, of people he cares about getting hurt or dying- He'll also have nightmares of not death related things that have happened to him. Probably worst of all though, are the nightmares of the rest of the polyship. Because, oops, yeah, he'll have nightmares of them hurting him in one way or another, or of them even killing him. He, most likely, won't remember these nightmares but, uh, yeah. A disoriented Garvin waking up from one of those nightmares is definitely not going to be a pretty sight.

Edited at June 7, 2024 08:04 PM by Overthink101
Whispers Cost | DiscussionJune 7, 2024 09:32 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Ah, yeah, well, Akira wouldn't actually be the problem in that regard, they know not to push uncomfortable subjects, even if they aren't particularly... Happy about it. Which is an understatement, but, ya know
If anyone were to try to bring it up, it'd be Nico, but they'd also back off pretty quickly after Garvin's initial reaction.
-
I totally agree with that. And, yeah, that makes sense. Guess Akira will be utilizing the nicknames to calm arguments for quite a while... At least, when they're not also pissed, lmao
-
Oof, yeah- Well, I look forward to the angst XD
-
And the diner short story! I can't wait to see the characters at the diner a bit more! :)
-
Aww, we love an odd pair of besties! 'Artimis Chat's already sounds adorable!
And Aries going is great, Briar can compliment him so much then without processing that they're flirting while Nico makes fun of them, lmaooo
-
Oh my god, you're so right! I love that so much, it's adorable!
-
Ah, yes, nightmares. We love those. Akira will actually have ones pretty similar to Revan's then, and Nico will have... Uh... Trauma related ones from numerous things. :)
Ingall will probably have some on occasion too, but or unlikely that anyone would notice, at least at first, because he's very cautious about hiding trauma responses outside of his OCD triggers for quite a while after feeling comfortable with the others. So, really, other than the occasional panic attack, Rev is probably the only one who will actually know literally anything about Ingall's trauma or life before the rebellion for quite a while, and that's just because he's actually going to meet Amar, lol
Whispers Cost | DiscussionJune 7, 2024 09:50 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Yeahhh, I figured Nico would be the most likely to actually bring it up at all. Garvin is very much going to be acting real strange if he ends up bringing the group to the sketchy gang/mafia. Like, skipping meals sort of strange.
-
Haha, yeah- Garvin stealing money from Revan to get drugs totally won't put a strain on everyone. Mhm. Totally.
-
It's a lot. Not sure when it'll be done, but, yeah-
Same with the diner short story. It's from Chowder's perspective!
-
Wanna know some stuff about the 'Artemis Chat'???
Aries and Briar accidentally flirting with one another while Nico and Garvin make fun of them both is going to be amazing.
-
Glad you agree- It's such a good song. It's also totally on Garvin's playlist.
-
Revan and Akira in solidarity due to nightmares about their grief and guilt
Nico and Garvin in solidarity due to nightmares of numerous different traumas
That's totally fair about Ingall.
Will say, it's terrible when Garvin does remember nightmares because then he's super upset at himself. Either because the shit already happened, he should be fine. Or, in the case of nightmares where it's the polyship, he gets upset because, well, they wouldn't do that to him, he shouldn't be having nightmares about them doing that stuff.
I think reactions to nightmares are great though.
Because Revan will either self-isolate or get clingy. And it's all dependent on what his brain latches onto first. Either the guilt or the relief of it having been a nightmare.
Meanwhile Garvin bounces back from nightmares, even ones he remembers, very quickly most of the time. So it can get difficult to tell when he's had one.
Whispers Cost | DiscussionJune 9, 2024 08:15 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
A couple things!
-
First!
Irfam, Garvin, and Aries- And probably (definitely) others- Should totally play DnD someday. Irfam makes joke characters very quickly, Garvin also makes joke characters but they also always somehow get lore (like, tons of it, and it's always on accident), and Aries at first tried to make really serious characters that will counteract the other two and keep the campaign from derailing, until one of Garvin's characters accidentally manage to derail Aries' and give them lore that make them all jokes, and then Aries and Garvin are constantly making characters that know each other in some way or another.
-
Secondly!
July is quick approaching and I have decided that each day of July, I shall post a Garvin short story, each one taking place during a July. Which July? Who knows! Just a July. It'll change by the day. Maybe. We'll see.
The level of angst will vary as well. The last day of July will be the least angsty though. So. Look forward to that? Haha
Whispers Cost | DiscussionJune 10, 2024 09:45 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Ah, yes, and that's never been a bad sign, lmao
-
Nope, definitely not at all. Not ever
-
Ooo, Chowder's perspective! Fun!
-
Yessss :D
-
Oh my god, D&D would be so funny, yesss! Nico and Briar would definitely be similar to Garvin and Aries with their characters knowing each other, but they'd both have such goofy little characters. Like Briar's goal would always be for their character to be as gay and flirtatious as possible, they'd be the type to try and seduce the fucking dragon while Nico's character is just vibing the whole time and occasionally intentionally causing chaos to just annoy the whole party-
And Sol would probably ask to join as well, but, like, his character would just change personalities from session to session with inconsistent lore because they genuinely can't remember any personal plot points that he had. And they definitely have a huge notebook of important info on events and characters so he doesn't immediately forget everything, lmao
And I actually think Ingall would be interested in DMing. Like, he'd be so nervous about it because it feels like he's pushing people to do what he wants at first, but once he got comfortable and into a flow, he'd actually be really good at it
And Akira's not really interested in playing consistently, but they totally ask to pop in occasionally as a one-time character in a city or something and then just watches the campaign the rest of the time while watching over Ingall's shoulder and bragging about knowing all the secrets XD
-
Ooo, I love that! That's so fun! I look forward to the various amounts of angst, lol

Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    538    539    540    541    542   ..   606 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us