Chatbox
 The Night Walker
10:38:59 Anemoia/Aedra
Silver
Hi!
 distant-lands
10:38:30 katy | beetle
Night,
i'm just making some for my own OC's at the moment! this one was for my OC privet :)

Sal,
thank you! the pink is to match his partner, elowen. she's got a green background for him :)
 SilverShadow
10:37:59 Ash ☆ Crow
Hey Aedra
 The Night Walker
10:37:41 Anemoia/Aedra
Peaceful*
 Salom_
10:37:10 Sal, Salmon
Hello Beetle!
That one turned out really cool, I love the pinkish background with the greenish cat. And the little flowers + leaves!
 The Night Walker
10:37:09 Anemoia/Aedra
Katy
Its kinda giving off peacful zombie, whos was that? :o
 \\ Akari Ahava //
10:37:07 
Yay! At only 5 years old my alpha female is in the top 100 battle wolves over all and 62 in unaltered!
 Ámor
10:36:46 On haitus
Unless i go through the chain of command and request overtime and get approved no overtime for me
 Ámor
10:36:10 On haitus
@Nevermore
overtime? We arent allowed overtime :P
 Salom_
10:35:59 Sal, Salmon
Amor
Ohhh I see! I've heard of jobs doing it like that.
My job is a half hour lunch (paid though) no matter what your shift is, and unfortunately there's usually not enough time to take a real lunch
 distant-lands
10:35:45 katy | beetle
-Click-
this one turned out nice :)
 Nevermore.
10:35:00 Never/Nev
Amor

I hope you get decent overtime.
 Ámor
10:33:59 On haitus
@Sal
my work always adds an hour.

6 hours is a 5 hour with an hour lunch

7 hours is a 6 hour with an hour lunch

8 hours is a 7 hours with an hour lunch

and 9 hours is a 8 hour with an hour lunch
 Salom_
10:31:01 Sal, Salmon
Amor
That's good then! 9 hours with a short lunch or no proper lunch isn't ideal.
 Ámor
10:30:07 On haitus
@Salom
yes, 10-7 is an 8 hour shift with an hour lunch
 Boeing
10:29:52 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Okay, WoW time
PvP anyone?
 Hallow's Eve
10:29:33 Hallow, Eve
Zefhyr

Battle Experience
 Poe
10:29:29 
Zef-
Battle experience! You gain it by taking your wolf exploring.

Sal-
Incredibly impressive!
 ZEFHYR
10:28:24 
Breaking and Entering

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Coyote : +4
Spotted Hyena : -5
Brown Bear : -5
    Winter   Day  Weather:  Heavy Snow

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    537    538    539    540    541   ..   606 

Whispers Cost | DiscussionJune 3, 2024 12:42 AM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Glad they look good!
-
Totally fair though, haha-
Jasper about to cause problems haha
-
Alright, and here they are!
The diner is a 24/7 diner named Down Bay Diner that was originally named Hatch Diner but a change in management renamed it. The new management did not change the uniform though, so the uniform is still bright green. Like a hatch pepper.
Anyways, Garvin found it one time and it is amazing. For the sole reason that between 11 PM and 2 AM, the cameras in the place are off. No one knows why. Management hasn't been able to fix it for years though. The diner technically has a rule on each shift throwing out whatever food wasn't sold at the end of the shift. But depending on who's on shift at the time, Garvin's found out that some of the workers hate the rule and will give him the food for free. Which is amazing. Unfortunately, due to schedule rosters and terrible management, the only for sure day he can do this is Sunday because only two people work that shift on Sunday because everyone else always has either religious or school reasons not to. The two that always work on Sundays for that shift? Pamela and Derrick.
Overall, the diner has plenty of workers. It's sort of a hole in a wall place that never gets too busy anyways. So they only ever have two people working at once to save money.
The other two workers that will give him food are Samuel and Thyme.
And now the four workers!
Credits to lof@[email protected]
-
Pamela, 21. She/They. She's also called Pam, Pammy, Ella... She's great. She also goes between using different mobility aids.
-
Derrick, 22. He/Him. He's also called Ricky, Rick... He's chill. Tries to get out of doing any actual work that isn't cooking.
-
Samuel, 21. He/They. Also called Sam, Sammy... They're all over the place. An absolute mischievous mess.
-
Thyme, 22. They/Them. They're also called Chowder. There is a story behind it. They hate it. They're also a huge nerd and do tend to mess with the cameras so Garvin can stick around longer if it's getting close to 2 AM and he still hasn't left. Also tries to get ahold of the schedule so they can give it to Garvin.
-
They're all great and just a good little band of people.

Edited at June 3, 2024 12:43 AM by Overthink101
Whispers Cost | DiscussionJune 3, 2024 02:46 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Aw, wait, I love that! That's so sweet!
And they all look amazing! :D
Whispers Cost | DiscussionJune 3, 2024 02:54 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Chowder also comes for a lower class family and is the reason why the cameras turn off from 11 PM to 2 AM to begin with anyways.
-
Derrick has a thing for both Chowder and Pamela. Absolutely refuses to tell either of them.
-
Sam tricked the management into thinking his earrings somehow helps him hear the customers better and that's why they're allowed both the helix and lobe piercings they have.
-
And Pammy was supposed to be someone Garvin met during healing arc but while developing the diner, I realized she was perfect for it so I switched her over to be someone Garvin already knows.
So, anyways, the polyship may actually have an easier time convincing Garvin to use aids when he needs to than I thought they would have.
-
Anyways. Working on a short story with the diner too now because brain rot.
I also finished the first subsystem now finally so that's nice.
I'll post the next gallery of bracelets once I finish Joel's.
Whispers Cost | DiscussionJune 3, 2024 11:12 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
I love all of that so much, and at least it'll be a little easier to convince Garvin to use aids, lmao
-
Oooo, I look forward to it! :D
-
Also, since the first few will be mentioned in my next short story (a happier Garvin and Akira one, because brain rot, haha), I figured now would be a good time to explain Akira's special nicknames and a bit of the origins behind the tradition of nicknames in the home :)
I'll start with some backstory-
So, basically, within the home it was very common for people to have specific nicknames for their lovers or, in certain cases, for the younger members of the family (though this was more specific for the head of the family... at least, the good ones, because they tended to see younger members as either younger siblings or as their children. Nicknames other than respectful titles weren't often used by younger members of the families with the older members), but nicknames were also extremely personal and meaningful. This is less so because anyone else using that nickname was offensive or "wrong" (though it was occasionally seen that way by certain people), and more so just because the nickname is based on how the person is giving the nickname sees the person they're giving it to. These nicknames weren't quickly thought up, but rather gifted after an extended period of time, crafted to encompass what the gifter saw as all the best aspects of the person who was being given the name, and, though others may agree with all those things, it's relatively unlikely that every single detail of the gifters reasoning to give the name was seen by anyone else. There's also the fact that at least one aspect of the nickname is used to show how the gifter feels about that person, and not just about the person's character.
-
That said, I've only figured out Revan and Garvin's so far, so here you go! :D
Revan, "my Lotus Flower": The lotus is a symbol of intelligence, beauty, resilience, love, and eternity. Akira's reasoning for giving Revan this nickname? "Yer the smartest person I know, an' yer gorgeous, in every way. I know ya don' always think so, but I do. Yer simply brilliant, even if ya do drive me crazy sometimes, and anyone with eyes can see yer beautiful. Plus, I'd say yer pretty resilient, gettin' through all the shit ya've been through. An', frankly, I love ya, Revan, an' I'd like ta spend eternity with ya if you'd let me. So, uh... yeah. I guess that's why I chose ta call ya Lotus... Ya like it okay?"
-
Garvin, "Claddagh": A claddagh ring is an Irish symbol meant to represent love, friendship, loyalty, and strength. Akira's reasoning for giving Garvin this nickname? "Ya know, Garvin, ya were my first real friend, aside from my family. I know I can always talk to ya, but ya never push or anythin', an' that's more than I could ever ask fer. Yer my best friend and an amazin' partner, I love ya ta death, an' I really don' say it enough. An' yer also probably the strongest person I've ever known. Mentally as well as physically. I mean, ya've been through actual hell an' yer still here! I don' know that I could do that. Not ta mention yer loyal an' kind, and I hope ya know that I'm loyal to ya just the same, and I hope ta be with ya and love ya forever. So, Chladdagh... I think it works, yeah?"
(Also, Akira 100% got Garvin a Claddagh ring as well)

Edited at June 3, 2024 11:12 PM by Lost Memories
Whispers Cost | DiscussionJune 3, 2024 11:22 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
I love those nicknames for Revan and Garvin so much, they're amazing-
Garvin and Revan both would love the nicknames too. Lotus definitely works to fluster Revan quite a bit, actually, and it's the only thing other than him accidentally flustering someone that works.
Garvin loves any and all nicknames given to him just in general but Claddagh for him?? Amazing. Top notch. That ring is never taken off.
-
Anyways- Here's the newest gallery of bracelets!
Whispers Cost | DiscussionJune 3, 2024 11:25 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Glad they work well!
And, yayy, Akira can fluster Revan now! They're totally not going to abuse that on occasion XD
-
Ooo, they all look amazing! I love them :)
Whispers Cost | DiscussionJune 3, 2024 11:32 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
They work very well
Revan; Overworking himself.
Akira; Calls him Lotus.
Revan; Flustered out of overworking.
-
Glad you like them-
Joel got four colors instead of two or three because Joel's an alter/headmate that handles July. And just a lot of depressive symptoms in general. So... Yeah.
Whispers Cost | DiscussionJune 4, 2024 06:50 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Lmaoo, I love it so much. Akira is gonna have too much fun winning random (not really real argument) arguments with this XD
-
Ah, yeah. Any alter/headmate that deals with July automatically gets anything they want from Nico, haha
-
Also, I was rewatching Steven Universe for, like, the tenth time (yay, comfort shows! Lol) and I think this quote in particular would work really well for Akira and Garvin, specifically when Akira's struggling with a trigger because Garvin (and sometimes Nico) actually remind them a lot of Amie, this will become particularly evident after the Andi Arc :)
Akira, panicked and frustrated: "You shouldn't be anywhere near the fight! You're too important!"
Garvin, equally frustrated: "I am not!"
Akira: "Yes, you are!"
Garvin: "No!"
Akira, finally snapping and breaking down into tears of anger and panic: "Why won't you just let me do this for you, Amie?!"
Not sure when this would actually take place, but I can definitely see it happening. And Akira would also immediately panic even more and distance themself when it clicks what they just said, haha

Edited at June 4, 2024 06:50 PM by Lost Memories
Whispers Cost | DiscussionJune 4, 2024 07:10 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Revan and Garvin fighting, Akira shoves their nicknames in their faces, and Revan is just utterly shocked/confused/flustered into silence while Garvin is mostly just confused by Revan's reaction (and totally ignoring his own mess of feelings)
Fight ends because how are they even supposed to keep fighting after that??
-
I guessed as much, yeah- Alters/headmates that deal with July are also very easy to detect eventually because when they start picking out names, everyone that has ever dealt with July is just like 'What if we grab that first part of July? You know? That J sound?'
-
That quote is definitely amazing and like-
Garvin would honestly so quickly forget that Akira accidentally called him Amie. Someone else would get stuck with knowing that. Because, yeah, no, knowing that someone he cares about mistook him (even accidentally, even in a moment of heightened everything) and that they mistook him for someone else they care(d) about and/or lost? It'd only make him think that maybe they don't really care about him, that maybe they never had at all, and that they'd only cared about the similarities between him and whoever they mistook him for. Which is not a spiral anyone needs or wants.
So, yeah, Garvin would not remember that happening. So while Akira gets more distant, you just got a very confused Garvin, haha-
Whispers Cost | DiscussionJune 4, 2024 08:04 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
It's so great, lmaoooo
Nico just shooting them a quick thumbs-up from the background while Ingall tries not to laugh out loud XD
-
I love that, haha
-
Ah, yeahhh, that's definitely true, lol. Even though, in Akira's mind, it's the total opposite of that, Garvin's very different from Amie, there's just some similarities in mannerisms and how she looked at herself. In Akira's mind, they weren't able to protect her because they were stupid enough to believe them when she said everything was fine and they could relax (she could handle themself and the other three for a while).... not making that mistake again, haha. Akira does this weird thing where they distance themself for, like, the most major part of their spiral (you'll get this a while after a trigger happens, actually, because Akira's mind is very quick to take action and make sure everyone else is alright before they can process their own emotions. However, if a trigger comes up in an argument with someone they care about, the process may speed up, like here), which is, again, as a way to protect those around them... They can't let those they are supposed to protect see them crumble because that'll probably end up scaring or hurting them (did I mention the polyship probably won't actually see a full Akira breakdown until, like... A year after they've been together? The closest you'll get is during the Andi Arc and then when they meet Howard... Though Garvin or Nico may be able to catch them in the middle of one at some point when they distance themself, we'll see). But, after that major dip, they get so incredibly clingy and protective of those they care about, like, more than normal. An overbearing amount. So, the confusion will probably just get worse for poor Garvin when Akira suddenly shifts and gets overly clingy and protective, lmao
And you can expect apologies in the thousands as well, though never very descriptive, just constant "'m sorry" and usage of the nickname

Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    537    538    539    540    541   ..   606 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us