Wolf Play : Whispers Cost | Discussion
Chatbox
 BooJake
12:22:19 Don't call me BJ.
Agh my phone is so old the capital one app doesn't work anymore. :/
 kycantina
12:20:40 ky
Hm, I should probably explore shouldn't I?
 Eternity
12:16:30 ET
Polar
Amazing!!
AND YES! I've done that LMAOO I used to do that quite a bit LOL!
 Dark pack
12:15:39 
hii
 Vortexy
12:15:24 I'm Not Vox
hi chat
 Cypress Road
12:14:27 Cy, love
Hello chat
 Silly
12:13:24 SL, SilverLined
Hiya!
 Saint
12:08:13 
silly!!!
 Silly
12:08:01 SL, SilverLined
Afternoon ^^
 Polargeist
12:06:57 Chro (he/him)
ET -
You've convinced me! Hahah
Little off topic but I've also seen people using minecraft for perspective and like that's so smart what 😭
 Gothamm.
12:05:51 Batman.
Cheese.
 Saint
12:03:34 
Today's Gain: 2063 Today's Loss: 54 Today's Profit: 2009

this feels so productive for today
 Eternity
12:02:54 ET
Omg
Get Blender then!! There is a TONNE of good tutorials online for it and it's what I've used for most of my 2D + 3D combo work. I'm not great at using it get but it works well for just blocking out perspective!

I'm only using Maya right now as it's industry standard </3 I prefer Blender to be honest.
 Polargeist
12:01:00 Chro (he/him)
RTX* slippery thumbs today
 Polargeist
11:58:30 Chro (he/him)
ET -
So I've heard so I've heard! I can honestly imagine and gosh I'd need to up my background game HAH
I just might! I have an AMD ryzen 7600 and an RTC 4070 so my pc should absolutely be able to handle that :0
 Eternity
11:52:53 ET
Polar
It is!! Honestly I'm getting used to it pretty quick and it's AWESOME when used with 2D art! You can use it to block out backgrounds, perspective and so much else!

If you have a relatively strong laptop or PC, I'd recommend downloading Blender [which is free!] and trying it out! :0
 Eternity
11:51:40 ET
RunningWithScissors
Yep, they are hotlinked as they're copied directly from Deviantart.
The images are fine to use, but you need to upload them to an image hosting website like either of these first:
-Click-

-Click-
 ShellfishPups
11:50:59 
6 baboons just totally wiped out my pack on my very first explore move.....
 Polargeist
11:50:22 Chro (he/him)
ET -
That's super cool omg, I'm lowkey thinking about pursuing something like that too but I've heard it's HARD
 icemoons
11:50:12 Hazbinhotelobsessed!
pm me lmao I keep forgetting to add that part

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Bobcat : -2
Rattlesnake : +4
Jackal : -2
    Summer   Day  Weather:  Sunny

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    429    430    431    432    433   ..   609 

Whispers Cost | DiscussionJanuary 21, 2024 09:19 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Also, fun little thing.
I can only imagine how bad the, hm, let's call it 'DNA Arc' will go.
What I have of it so far is that someone (maybe Revan) eventually talks Garvin into a DNA test or something, just for closure sake. Plus, a DNA test would maybe help with getting him some kind of ID or something. So, eventually Garvin agrees and... Yeah.
I'm pretty sure everyone kind of has a hope of some kind. Some of them hoping the bio parents are dead because, well, closure and it'd help to be able to say that they did want him but they died, or something like that. But, well, some of them might also be hoping they're alive because then there's someone easy to blame. Garvin isn't really hoping for anything, he doesn't really want to be doing it anyways but uh, if it makes them (whoever convinced him to do it) shut up about it.
Anyways so- Turns out, the bio parents are alive. Garvin, of course, doesn't take it well at all.
Whispers Cost | DiscussionJanuary 21, 2024 09:25 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
All amazing. I love it
And I love Alvis and Irfam with AI child, adorable
-
Ooo, fun! Can't wait to see that, lol
-
Also, I think Imma go ahead and say that the arc where Akira and the group that leaves meeting Akira's ex is something that should happen
If only because I don't think there's any other way any of their partners will ever learn about their relationship trauma, and that may be helpful on some level for understanding certain behaviors that'll come up. :)
Plus, like, meeting Howard will be a mess
So, yeah. Fun, fun
Whispers Cost | DiscussionJanuary 21, 2024 09:36 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
They're so adorable, I can only imagine how it went-
Alvis; "We actually did it! Oh my- Wow...
Irfam; "This is amazing..."
Alvis; "Yeah... What should we name them?"
Irfam; "...Fuck."
Alvis; "We are so not naming them that."
Irfam, 'what the fuck' face; "Well shit, I'm out of ideas then."
Alvis; "Uh... Hm... What about, uh...."
Irfam, nodding; "Mhm, what's your idea?"
Alvis, catching a few lines of code on a screen; "Ah- Hm. How about, uh- Java...?"
Irfam; "...Great, yeah. Let's do Java. That's great. Like JavaScript. You are not slick, Alvis."
-
Yeahhh- Garvin will like- Garvin finds out they're alive and ditches whoever was there with him. He just dips. He cannot. It's going to be a whole thing. Before he had some sort of denial, now he knows and he just- Yeah. Yeah, it's going to be great, haha.
-
Ooo, fun, fun. Definitely will help Garvin with the whole safety vs survival argument with Akira stuff haha-
I can definitely see Garvin punching Howard though. He has a habit of stuff like that lmao
Whispers Cost | DiscussionJanuary 21, 2024 09:48 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Lmaooo, I love it so much!!
-
Noooo :''((
Honestly, Akira will probably follow and try to at least kinda talk to him about it, they're probably the closest to understanding the whole situation. I mean, their mother, who they perceived as the only person who cared about them looked them directly in the eyes, told them they loved them, and then turned heel and left them in the place that's the source of a major part of their trauma-
Akira and Garvin can trauma bond over this shit, lmao
-
Pfft, the uh, the safety vs. survival argument is probably a terrible argument for Garvin to make to Akira after meeting Howard. Especially considering Akira's given role. For reasons I will not yet disclose, lmao
Now, Garvin punching him? Great. I love that idea, haha
Though, if we're being fair, Akira was equally as toxic in that relationship. At least, until the end of it, then Howard became way, wayyy worse, so, you know what? Yeah, Garvin can beat the shit outta him if he wants. That should be fun
Though Akira may beat him to it, depending on how long it takes for them to get over the shock of seeing Howard again XD
Whispers Cost | DiscussionJanuary 21, 2024 10:00 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Yes- It's very adorable. It also would spiral into Irfam calling Kostas, having him put them on speaker and then absolutely inviting them to celebrate with like... Microwave mug cookies. Which are actually pretty good. And very easy to make.
All the while he's also totally cussing and being reminded that they probably shouldn't do so in front of the child lmao
-
Garvin is very good at losing people when he wants to, and also very good at hiding too. So if Akira wasn't already there, good luck to Akira. Though they do have the best shot at finding him, I think.
He's also so not ready to trauma bond about it yet, though. Like, he gets set back so far by the news. And the fact that he's basically a spitting image of the bio parents is not helping, at all. He is so close to crumbling. Because, well, he's basically found out that, yeah, the orphanage that threw him out hadn't lied to him. He just hadn't been wanted, he'd just been that unlovable. Just that terrible and annoying and worthless and whatever else they'd ever said. Whatever else anyone else had ever said.
-
Oh, no, that talk would've already happened. Garvin's so just using whatever happens as a way to make sure no one notices that he's so not taking his own safety into account whatsoever.
That's fair lol, Akira and Garvin totally beating Howard up together haha, perfect bonding moment XD
Whispers Cost | DiscussionJanuary 21, 2024 10:39 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Aww, I love that so much
And Kostas is definitely agreeing and casually hyping up his best friend without actually looking that enthusiastic because of the minimal emotions and all, lmao
-
Fair. If Kira did manage to find him, they may try their go-to reaction of distracting, and then just resolve to trying literally anything at all to try to make Garvin recognize that, "dumbass, I haven't left, and if you think that you're going to leave me?! That's a big fucking problem, because there's no way in hell I'm losing you. I care too much."
Lol
-
Ah, got it. As if the contact with Howard won't completely renew Akira's need to protect everyone and make them pay even more attention to all of them, including Garvin. So good luck to him on that, haha
Also, I love that
"Hey, babe, I hate this person, wanna beat em up with me?"
"Hell yeah! Your enemy is mine, let's fuck em up!"
While Ingall, Revan, and Nico (I guess just Nico in this scenario) are watching with various degrees of concern and amusment XD

Edited at January 21, 2024 10:41 PM by Lost Memories
Whispers Cost | DiscussionJanuary 21, 2024 10:50 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Irfam still being slightly unhinged is great, because no one can truly take away the gremlin in them. They just slightly vibrating in his excitement would be so hilarious XD
-
Mmm, yeah- I can already imagine just how bad the distraction tactic would go. Probably because Garvin would try so damn hard to make it work too. Or at least make Akira think it's working. He'd be trying to grasp any strands of denial he can, trying to put up a face so quickly. Just- As soon as Akira starts trying to distract him, Garvin's trying to grin and downplay and deny. Because obviously that's the only thing there is to do, Akira doesn't want to be dealing with it and frankly, neither does he. Only it's very likely that leaving will get rooted in his head, so. Yeah.
-
Yeahhh, Garvin hoping that the shock lasts long enough and that when the paranoia starts up it doesn't include him lmao
I love that the quotes totally work for either of them, it's greatness. And accurate lol
Whispers Cost | DiscussionJanuary 21, 2024 10:59 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
I love gremlin Irfam. Absolutely chaotically adorable. I love them so much
-
Yeahhh, and Akira being equally as bad about emotions isn't helpful either. The one time having the same coping mechanism backfires XD
I can totally see Akira starting to break down in this scenario too though. Garvin being triggered and running is triggering to Akira's own trauma, especially if Garvin gives even the slightest hint that he won't be coming back. And Akira breaking down wouldn't be good. I mean, depending on how everything plays out you'll either get a severe panic attack with begging Garvin not to leave them or an equally panicked but more hostile version that ends with them accusing Garvin of intentionally making them feel like he cared only to leave "just like everyone else." So, that's good-
These two are incredible with each other, and I love their dynamic so much, but them being similar can be so absolutely catastrophic at times.
-
Lmao, as if
Has he met Akira?? XD
Whispers Cost | DiscussionJanuary 21, 2024 11:13 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Yes, gremlin Irfam is amazing
-
Garvin would find out his bio parents are alive, look at whoever is there with him as they begin the walk back to give the news to everyone else, say that he'll catch up, and be out of sight within seconds. He wouldn't be planning to leave for good immediately. At first it's just a 'I need time by myself to process the news before I face everyone else with it'.
The processing quickly turns into some major dissociation and an overall giving up that almost reaches July level and he's pretty much convinced that no one is actually capable of caring or wanting him around rather quick. Basically, turns from processing to a full breakdown where his walls just crumble.
By the time Akira would find him, he's not doing much better. Like, at all. The distracting tactic results in Garvin crumbling just a bit more while also trying to absolutely hide that fact. The distracting tactic here only proves to him that no one actually cares, so he better get back to his mask before he ruins Akira's mood and they leave for good.
And then the whole idea of someone (and then also just everyone) leaving for good turns into him needing leave before they do, because that'll hurt less.
-
Garvin has met Akira but uh-
Denial is great. And Garvin would rather believe Akira doesn't care enough to notice than face someone actually caring about him lol
Whispers Cost | DiscussionJanuary 21, 2024 11:27 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Oof, yeah. Unfortunately, distraction is the go-to for Akira because that's what they're good at, so, that's perfect-
I mean, the best option might be Nico if we're talking about actually helping. They're the best with handling emotions, so long as Garvin doesn't snap at her immediately.
The problem with that would be finding Garvin though, Akira would be way better that that than Nico.
Maybe Akira could give Nico tips? But that might take a minute too because Akira will totally take it as "you're not good at helping out people you care about," which would lead to another problem, lmao
I mean, Ingall's decently good at seeking people out, but, also, probably the worst to help out with the emotional stuff. Unless Garvin is fully in July mode
The struggle will be significant no matter what the case
-
Fair. Very fair. Lol

Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    429    430    431    432    433   ..   609 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us