Wolf Play : Whispers Cost | Discussion
Chatbox
 ScardeyKat
08:25:06 Kat ?
I managed to evacuate my university just in time lol. The entire town was under a foot of water. (Mind you I live in the mountains)
 Transcendence
08:22:36 free palestine
Pvp anyonee
 Noquisi
08:20:02 Mac | Nikwasi
Rogue
That's what my dad normally says, but he's deployed until it's already past October
Unfortunate but we got to decorate early xD
 Rogue Whispers
08:19:06 Phoenix, Rogue
My family has already put fake cobwebs all over our house and trees. We also have pumpkins out. MY dad is NOT happy XD
He says we can decorate for Halloween when it's October
 Noquisi
08:13:20 Mac | Nikwasi
My whole house is ready for Halloween. Perhaps it's time to prepare my WP page too
 Willow Creek
08:03:06 
Also are interest checks on things like adopts done in sales chat?
 Willow Creek
08:01:10 
I somehow have -1 moves in explore
 Transcendence
07:58:12 free palestine
The HEErs are getting ready for Halloween aaa
-Click-
 Vulpixles
07:56:24 Pixie, Vul | ♈
Now I just have to figure out his stud fee XD really wish he was HW or had better vitals but I really wanted a G1 DF stud so I'm not gonna complain too much
 Transcendence
07:55:49 free palestine
Pvp anyone please?
 Poe
07:55:14 
Vul-
I really enjoy that design :) very unique!
 distant-screams
07:51:51 katy | beetle
-Click-
two hours later lol xD i still want to add gold jewelry too but i'm tired and calling it quits
 Vulpixles
07:51:18 Pixie, Vul | ♈
-WP Click-

My handsome man is all customized. And I love his design.
 Autumn's Wraith
07:49:56 A Sad Mozzy
Vasuki sniffs the bushes.

Stats: Perception +1
Mood: Curious
 Rogue Whispers
07:44:37 Phoenix, Rogue
-WP Click-
 Old Money
07:42:17 elegance❀
Hey there! If you're interested in a Harry Potter fandom roleplay, feel free to shoot me a private message!
 Salem
07:35:58 Rumi
-WP Click-
 Midnight Runner
07:35:21 Spirit, Wander
Here
-WP Click-
 MLadySkylar
07:34:28 P'Sky
Stacking inventory would be amazing
 Midnight Runner
07:33:09 Spirit, Wander
I need a halloween pack name...

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Ermine : +4
Western Rattlesnake : +1
Ocelot : -1
    Summer   Day  Weather:  Fog

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    410    411    412    413    414   ..   609 

Whispers Cost | DiscussionDecember 18, 2023 07:32 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Revan would be so revolted so quickly too. And so confused. Because he hadn't even been able to tell and that's just insane to him.
-
Awww, that's amazing, and would totally help Garvin whenever he has times similar to this morning in the RP
Garvin's going to give all of them patches at some point, but that's more so for everyone that isn't an antagonist during the Clio arc.
Clio gets a 'dove with the columba constellation in it' patch
Akira gets an 'eagle with the aquila constellation in it' patch
Mergen gets a 'crow with the corvus constellation in it' patch
Ingall gets a 'bird of paradise with the apus constellation in it' patch
And so on
Nico, I haven't decided between a lute with the lyra constellation or a peacock with the pavo constellation.
Garvin might do something extra for his partners though, we'll see haha
-
Also, one resson why I'm so excited for the Clio arc is because it gives me a chance to show off how much of a 'jack of all trades' Garvin actually is.
Whispers Cost | DiscussionDecember 18, 2023 07:39 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Absolutely adorable.
Yeah, Nico's going to be constantly giving out little hand-made gifts. Both to partners and to close friends. Is this partially because he feels like she isn't enough in and of themself? Yes. But the other part of it is they just genuinely love giving gifts :)
-
I'm so excited to see everything play out, honestly! So much is going to be happening and I can't wait, lmao
Whispers Cost | DiscussionDecember 18, 2023 08:05 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Garvin's gift giving is partially subconscious. He gives stuff to close friends and partners and people he cares about (when he feels like he can) because he doesn't want them to not have stuff. That's about what he knows. Which is why most of the gifts he gives aren't actually obviously sentimental or hand made or anything of that sort. It's little trickets that he knows are valuable, that he knows would be worth something if they ever decided/had to sell it. It's food too. Or it's just straight up leaving money to be found by those he cares about.
Whenever it comes to the patches specifically, it's a lot more of a subconscious 'I trust you, I consider you an important part of my life'. It's a 'I won't leave and I trust that you won't either, at least not willingly'. It's a 'I don't want to lose you'. It's a 'I don't want to forget you'. Where did the idea of patches meaning all of that come from? The pirates, who all had patches and were very much a dysfunctional found family and the closest thing to a family that Garvin's ever had. So, yeah. Patches.
As for other gifts, ones that seem like actual obvious sentimentality? Yeah, chances are it's mostly a 'Oooo, I bet *insert nickname here* would like this, Ima steal it for them'. Garvin and normal gifts aren't actually that sentimental. And that probably says a lot because he'll give people things of material value, of monetary value or things that are necessities very sparingly, very much in a way that someone would associate with 'normal' gifts. Meanwhile he'll just hand off things he stole, like a stuffed animal he stole because he thought Nico would like it, often and at random and very much casually. Like that's the gift that took less thought, less back and forth. Because for him, it was.
So basically, if Garvin ever offers someone food, they should take it, he's trying to tell them that he loves them.
-
Same! So much. So very much. It's going to be awesome for sure
Whispers Cost | DiscussionDecember 18, 2023 08:49 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Oh my God, that's so fucking adorable-
I love Garvin so much.
For Nico it's all very thought out. Well, the making of the gift is anyway, there is a subconscious 'I'm sorry, I can't do much, but I can do this' type of things as well. Nico very much picks up on little things. A little detail about someone that most wouldn't notice, and it's really just because they care. When they make something for someone, they take that whole person into consideration. What do they like? Why do they like it? What's their favorite color? What makes them comfortable? What can I make this person that will be meaningful to them?
For example, he'll likely end up making things for Ingall that relate to astronomy and nature because that's one of the things that Gall rants about whenever he's given the chance. Akira and Garvin will both be given intentionally decorated cookies at some point because of their love of food. And Revan's a little harder because of two reasons, one, he's way more closed off than any of the others in terms of what he likes, and, two, he has money which means that, in Nico's mind, anything she makes him is automatically worth less than it would be to anyone else. However, a custom mug will probably be given at some point. :)
Really, you'll see a shit tone of little gifts from Nico though, some little notes and others bigger projects that took more time. All very well thought out.
As for the others showing their affection?
Akira's somewhat similar to Garvin in the fact that they'll kind of grab whatever they find useful or necessary to give to their partners, but they tend to show their love in a more physical way. They love touching and also love quality time. It's not unlikely that Akira will try to drag one or more of the others with them to a place they think they'll like. Maybe star-gazing with Garvin and Ingall. Or, for Garvin, just sitting together and sharing a smoke while talking is great too. Ice skating or out for sweets with Nico, and, if they ever get close to Revan, probably a coffee shop and library visit. Stuff that they know the other will enjoy. They don't really care if they'll like it themselves, as long as their partners are happy that's plenty good enough, they just like spending time with them.
Ingall's more complicated. He does give gifts, as seen with him shyly dropping food off for Garvin (and later Akira as well), but he kind of struggles with that as well because he feels awkward. Quality time is good, but there's also a fear of either being rejected or getting his partners wrong in where they want to go or what they want to do. Physical touch would be great, but, thanks to a mix of trauma and OCD, that's basically a no-go. Words of affirmation? Sure, except they fear people believe he's using his power to influence them and he feels bad about talking much at all, fearing he's annoying people. Acts of service is probably the most accurate. Gall will go around doing tasks for people that he cares about, specifically doing tasks he knows those people don't like. Cleaning and stuff usually, though he's always sheepish about it and has to restrain himself from doing too much and accidentally messing up any "chaotic organization" that may be around, which his OCD doesn't appreciate. Other than that though? You'll actually probably find some random notes scattered around where he knows his partners will find them, similar to Nico's but usually more lengthy and detailed. So a mix between gift giving and words of affirmation? He never gives these directly, just puts them in certain places depending on who they're addressed to :)

Edited at December 18, 2023 08:52 PM by Lost Memories
Whispers Cost | DiscussionDecember 18, 2023 09:34 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Garvin's love language is split pretty evenly between gifts and quality time. Probably also words of affirmation. Gifts is what he defaults to nowadays solely because of how he grew up. But honestly, quality time and words of affirmation are like, huge with Garvin. He'll throw out compliments left and right, not to even mention how as the RP goes on, his constellation and/or star nicknames become less trauma related and more of his way of expressing just how much different people mean to him, and a bit more subconsciously what different people mean to him, how he sees them. Apus is the constellation for the bird of paradise. And who gets Apus? Ingall. Another nickname that Ingall gets eventually is Polaris, the north star, the star sailors would use to guide their way home. Paradise, guide, and home are all pretty good imagery for what Ingall is going to end up being for Garvin. Meanwhile, with quality time, Garvin isn't used to sticking around or people wanting him to stick around, so when he finally gets people that want him to stick around and that he wants to stick around for? Quality time quickly becomes a major love language with him.
-
Revan, meanwhile, is a bit harder since, like you mentioned, he's very closed off. But eventually? Physical touch, words of affirmation, and (lo and behold) quality time are his biggest factors. Don't get me wrong, a gift is great, means a lot, and his heart melts whenever he's given them. However, gifts are also something that Revan just can't accept sometimes. He'll accept them physically, but mentally? Emotionally? Permanently? Not really. He'll keep then out of sight, for the most part. Not because he doesn't love the gifts, but because he doesn't deserve them. And it's hard to face any of that. Ever. So, out of sight, out of mind. And breaking that thought process is hard too. Meanwhile, he'll give gifts and he tries to make them thoughtful, but he's also way too closed off to really ever give them in any way that's not casual. Not to mention how he'll try to find excuses for each gift.
Words of affirmation is hard too, but Revan will slip up and accidentally compliment people he cares about. Quite a bit, actually. He still sucks at taking compliments. But he can definitely give them out. And whenever he's actually trying to compliment or comfort someone, he's very good with words. So, there's that. And once he's with someone, he'll be complimenting them a lot more.
Physical touch? Revan is so severely touch starved. He'll refuse hugs all the time. But when he's with someone, cuddling will become very common. It's a surefire way to get him to fall asleep too! :D
Quality time is something that Revan isolates himself from. Offers to hang out are denied. Solely because of how much they mean to him and how he cannot afford to get close to anyone. But once he's actually with someone, he'll allow them into his space and spend time with them. He'll just want to be near them, where he can see them, where he can at least try and actively keep them safe since they've decided that they won't leave (which would be so much safer).
Whispers Cost | DiscussionDecember 18, 2023 09:34 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award

Song: No Roots by Alice Merton

(With some adjustments to avoid so much repeating and to better suit the characters in some places)

Characters: Chery, "the band," and Sol

Context:

This basically just goes through Chery's life and what she believes.

Keep in mind that Chery is a rather underdeveloped character, so some details may change in the future :)

Also, no approximate ages since I'm still figuring out timeline stuff.

---

*We start with a young Chery, packing up and running away from home for the first time. Her parents weren't terrible, just strict, and, Chery, as a young teenager, wanted more freedom. So, she simply ran away, stealing some money from her parents and taking items she deemed necessary. She quickly changed her name and style, becoming a totally new person and pledging to see the world and never get held back again*

Chery, grinning and packing up to leave: "I like digging holes and hiding things inside them, when I grow old, I hope I won't forget to find them. 'Cause I've got memories and travel like gypsies in the night!"

*Chery, still young finds a small group of fellow teenagers who are living out of a van and making pocket money by performing as a makeshift band. They bond quickly and Chery joins them for a bit before finding her own path again*

Chery, totally not talking herself up to her new friends: "I build a home and wait for someone to tear it down. Then pack it up in boxes, head for the next town running, 'cause I've got memories and travel like gypsies in the night!"

Callie, a more experienced band member who definitely doesn't believe Chery knows what she's talking about: "And a thousand times I've seen this road, a thousand times!"

Chery, grinning and shrugging, continuing on anyway: "I've got no roots, but my home was never on the ground! I've got no roots, but my home was never on the ground!"

*Chery, a young adult now, parts ways with the band and moves on, finding Sol and a job in the same bakery as them after about a month of traveling.*

Chery, introducing herself to Sol, who's definitely fully present: "I like standing still, boy, that's just a wishful plan. Ask me,"

Sol, only half paying attention: "Where do you come from?"

Chery, just glad that someone's taking 'interest' in her: "I'll say, "A different land, but I've got memories and travel like gypsies in the night!""

Chery, totally talking herself up again to Sol: "I count gates and numbers, then play the guessing game!"

*Sol follows Kano to the rebellion after about two months of working in the bakery, and Chery, who became rather close to Sol, feels a little betrayed. Which is ironic considering her track record of leaving people behind. She debates leaving again, but eventually decides against it, starting to tire and become more aware of what she's been doing.*

Chery, tired and frustrated but trying to keep up her act: "It's just the place that changes, the rest is still the same. But I've got memories and travel like gypsies in the night!"

Chery, walking back from work, glaring down at the road: "And a thousand times I've seen this road. A thousand times!"

Chery, almost bitter: "I've got no roots, but my home was never on the ground! I've got no roots, but my home was never on the ground!"

*Chery eventually decides to try to contact her parents after years of no contact. She replays her whole journey in her mind as she contacts them*

Chery, reminiscing: "I like digging holes, hiding things inside them. When I grow old I won't forget to find them.
I like digging holes, hiding things inside them. When I grow old I won't forget to find them."

*Wanna guess what happens? Yeah, her parents basically disown her and Chery is left feeling totally out of place and alone, only clinging to her friendship with Sol and Kano, who are no longer so easy to contact.*

Chery, sad and rejected: "I've got no roots. No roots..."

Whispers Cost | DiscussionDecember 18, 2023 09:37 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
I loved that song lyric thing!
Man, now I feel like Chery and Garvin totally would've been close friends if they'd ever met.
Whispers Cost | DiscussionDecember 18, 2023 09:45 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
So cute in all regards-
I love them.
And the nickname thing for Garvin with Ingall is just precious, I can't-
-
Actually, I can't believe I left out physical touch for Nico, it's like, his main love language-
Even more than gift-giving, lmao
I mean, you kind of already see it. He's constantly hugging anyone who will let them, and, with Garvin and Akira, asking to ride on their shoulders is a whole thing. Partially to feel tall, but mostly to feel closer to them. You better bet that as soon as she's in a healthy relationship with people who care about what he wants and how she feels he'll be clinging to one of their partner's arms or hands constantly.
Of course, physical touch does have some trauma linked to it for him, mainly thanks to Adiar and his sexual assault, but after understanding that these people won't hurt them, she'll be alright. Except on trauma dates or just bad days in general, lol
Really though, Nico can almost always find a way to be physical with everyone while still making sure they're comfortable.
For example, when Nico and Ingall get closer, even though Ingall's not good with much physical contact unless it's very clearly stated what's going happen and he's in a great state of mind, Nico will be pretty quick to figure out that anything to do with hair is great and actually calming for him. You better bet these two will spend hours where they're just sitting together in relative silence (or with Nico singing) and toying with each other's hair. Adorable.

Edited at December 18, 2023 09:49 PM by Lost Memories
Whispers Cost | DiscussionDecember 18, 2023 09:46 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Honestly, probably. Who knows, Chery might show up again, lmao
Though, admittedly, she's less likely to than most of my other side characters, especially with the way Sol's going, lmao

Overthink101 said:
I loved that song lyric thing!
Man, now I feel like Chery and Garvin totally would've been close friends if they'd ever met.

Whispers Cost | DiscussionDecember 18, 2023 10:44 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Haha, very precious indeed
-
That's adorable with Nico and Ingall
With Garvin, physical touch is pretty big. But, to be completely honest, all of the love languages are huge for Garvin who just isn't used to any of it. Like, practically at all.
Dude is pretty touch starved though, as I've probably mentioned before. So physical touch is actually great for him too. Albeit probably kind of awkward, since he isn't used to it. That being said, he also would never ask for physical contact. Or any of the other love languages but uh, yeah. Quality time is probably the only one where he might, and even then it's more of a 'I'm going to just exist in the same area as you and hope you understand (without bringing it up) that I want to spend time with you'. He won't do anything like that with any of the other love languages though. Which, uh, good luck to Ingall when it comes to acts of service. Garvin doesn't tend to be obvious about what stuff he doesn't like to do. And good luck to Nico and other gift givers, you could get Garvin literally anything and it's a whole war of 'Ooo, I could sell this VS I want to keep this forever' and 'I can't take this from them because what if they need it VS If they needed it they wouldn't be giving it to me of all people'. And also good luck to Nico and getting meaningful gifts, because all gifts are meaningful to Garvin. He could be given practically anything and if he decides to keep it? It's being hoarded. Literally, hand him anything as a gift and he's touched. Because any gifts mean that someone wanted to get him something. Which is not something he is used to.
And good luck to those leaving notes. Garvin isn't the best at reading. At all, basically. Or writing. Especially writing. Or anything that he would've learned in school, because he never went to school. He knows math... Kind of. The tenth and hundredth places are just known as 'cents' by him though. He doesn't know they're actually called tenths or hundredths. They're cents. (Aka, he can only do math if it's money.)
Anyways though, Garvin will actually be rather clingy during the aftermath of the Andi arc. Especially with Nico and Ingall, for reasons, haha... Anyways! He'll basically be holding their hands like if he were to let go, they'd disappear. (Really, the better word is leave. He isn't worried about them disappearing into thin air, he's worried they'll leave)
Again though, Garvin doesn't ask. He also doesn't just reach out and grab though. No, Garvin will stare until they glance at him and then he's looking away as quick as possible because he can't. This is also true outside of the Andi arc. Garvin won't flop onto people, he won't demand physical affection, he won't ask for it, he won't reach out for it in any way other than staring. Other than longing for something he doesn't have, or can't have depending on how you look at it (Garvin on some level does see it as can't. And as a won't ever have). So, instead of anything else, he waits for other people to reach out. He won't say no to physical affection, but he also doesn't know how to ask for it.
Of course, during the aftermath of the Andi arc, and plenty of time after, a lot of physical contact is going to be a big no for Garvin. Not that he'll ever actually say that, or bring it up, or really outwardly react if anyone accidentally oversteps. Mostly because he's trying to just ignore what happened as soon as possible. Get back to 'normal' as soon as possible. Go back to 'being himself' as soon as possible. So, uh, yeah.
And, wow, we haven't even talked about July at all. Which, ohhh boyyy, things change during July. Garvin pushes people away during July. And when I say that he pushes people away- I mean he'll push people away. He'll argue, he'll insult, he'll literally push. He'll even outright fight someone if they push too much. He'll also ignore people. He'll try basically everything and anything during July to get people away from him.
That being said, his love languages get flipped around and suddenly everything that he was doing out of love, he's now doing the opposites. Stealing money or stealing stuff he knows is valuable from them (usually the same trinkets he had gifted them). He doesn't tend to steal food, in fact he tends to give away more food during July. Or just not come to mealtimes. Garvin skipping food is probably very worrying. But, well, yeah. July is just terrible. As we already know, haha.

Edited at December 18, 2023 10:49 PM by Overthink101

Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    410    411    412    413    414   ..   609 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us