Chatbox
 distant-screams
06:20:44 katy | beetle
-WP Click-
paws for my girl?
 Kháos
06:19:57 Kaos || Khaos
Lovebug is such a sweet wolf. 🥰

Lovebug ❦ is in love with Bison 2 and kills them.
 Ace
06:19:27 ace <3
I just need one pvp win for a quest, can someone please do it?
 OCCULTIST
06:18:02 Man Lover
banned from the pub
 starmutt
06:17:33 marsh | they/it
the thread that got locked for talking about alcohol on DT is so funny i come back to occasionally
 distant-screams
06:15:39 katy | beetle
Sal,
haha yeah, i think i'll end up working on this custom adopt order though, and maybe some more premades :>
work was.. alright. had to put a cat in the panini press today to administer shots.
 Salom_
06:12:26 Sal, Salmon
Beetle
Ooo both good choices! I hope work was good :)
And I'm decent, thanks
 distant-screams
06:08:14 katy | beetle
thanks ^^ she definitely has one of my favorite designs, i bought her way back in march. finally now drawing some art for her xD
 Narran Park
06:07:25 Sting
Almost too nice for the bone pile
 SilverShadow
06:06:50 Ash ☆ Crow
Katy

I love it!

He is stunning! I love how the eyes and nose go with the coat color
 distant-screams
06:06:08 katy | beetle
Ash,
a nap sounds nice xD

and i feel that! if it was the ptarmigan or robin feather instead i'd craft tons of those! i use my toucan feathers far too much to be crafting them away
 SilverShadow
06:04:47 Ash ☆ Crow
Katy

Oo, sounds fun. I took a nap when I got home 😂

I never have a spare toucan feather either, lol. Wish it wasn't like the top 3 most useful feather out there... why not the couple brown ones that are too many?
 distant-screams
06:03:22 katy | beetle
-Click-
also- thoughts on how this turned out?

it was mainly me trying to figure out how to shade/light fabric xD
 Narran Park
06:02:50 Sting
Highest rarity from WP to date...Bummer the Weight & Vitals let him down
-WP Click-
 Hugs4Bugs
06:02:16 Bug || Ed (he/they)
Gaaahhh
3 more rabbits for this quest T-T

So close yet so far away
 distant-screams
06:01:20 katy | beetle
Ash,
about the same ^^ just debating what i want to do now that i'm home, lol.
 distant-screams
06:00:49 katy | beetle
the healing talisman?
i've never used it solely because i never have a spare toucan feather to craft it xD
 SilverShadow
06:00:30 Ash ☆ Crow
Katy

I think everything is smooth at the moment.

How about you?
 SilverShadow
05:59:53 Ash ☆ Crow
Do explorers actually use the talisman?
 distant-screams
05:59:25 katy | beetle
hey ash!
how's it going?

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Ocelot : +5
Cheetah : -2
Mamba : -3
    Summer   Day  Weather:  Heavy Rain

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    399    400    401    402    403   ..   609 

Whispers Cost | DiscussionDecember 13, 2023 01:37 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Garvin and Clio are each other's emotional support. Along with some minor father-daughter dysfunction found family dynamics in the background. It's complicated and adorable.
Whispers Cost | DiscussionDecember 13, 2023 01:39 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Awww, I love it!
Whispers Cost | DiscussionDecember 13, 2023 02:05 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award

Song: Somewhere Only We Know by Keane

Characters: Sigrid, Ingall, and Maya

Context:

This song mostly discusses Sigrid and Ingall's relationship and how Sigrid views Ingall after death as well. Oh, and Maya's there too, lol

Most of this, however, is from Sigrid's perspective after death. Sigrid is an intentional Grounded. He decided to stay to look after Ingall.

Note this down, it'll come up later :)

---

*We start with Ingall tracing the path through the wood that he and Sigrid used to walk together as kids. This is shortly after Sigrid and their parents died, so Ingall is still with Amar and is still under the impression that Amar is good. Sigrid walks beside Ingall in the spiritual plane, reminiscing with him as they go, even though Ingall is unaware of his presence*

Sigrid, smiling and watching his brother walk down the path before reaching the river: "I walked across an empty land, I knew the pathway like the back of my hand!"

Sigrid, already missing the feeling of being alive and able to feel the earth, reminiscing: "I felt the earth beneath my feet. Sat by the river and it made me complete!"

Ingall, crying out in desperation as he reaches the brother's favorite spot to play when they were little: "Oh, simple thing, where have you gone?! I'm getting old, and I need something to rely on!"

Sigrid, sadly, reaching out to try to touch Ingall, only for his hand to pass through him: "So, tell me when you're gonna let me in?!"

Ingall, falling to his knees and starting to cry: "I'm getting tired, and I need somewhere to begin!"

*Timeline shift. It's a couple of years later and Amar's abuse is becoming more evident, but Ingall is desperately holding on because he sees Amar as his last connection to his family along with his necklace. Sigrid breaks away from Ingall for just a day to go and visit home again, which Ingall has been avoiding since the visit in the last section. He's stuck feeling defeated without being able to help his brother directly*

Sigrid, stoping along the path to look at the remains of a tree that's fallen down. It strikes and emotional response from him as he realizes that the land he and Ingall loved so much is starting to change and fall apart: "I came across a fallen tree, I felt the branches of it looking at me. Is this the place we used to love? Is this the place that I've been dreaming of?"

Ingall, laying on the floor of his and Amar's room, curled in a ball and sobbing as Amar sleeps soundly: "Oh, simple thing, where have you gone? I'm getting old, and I need something to rely on!"

Sigrid, still along the path, a single tear rolling down his cheek as he looks at everything and feels the tie to his brother waver with pain: "So, tell me when you're gonna let me in!"

Ingall, getting to his feet and starting to simply except how bad things are, this is the first time he starts to really break and contemplate what staying on Earth might entail: "I'm getting tired, and I need somewhere to begin..."

*Timeline change. Several years later, a few weeks before Ingall runs away. Ingall's mental health is rapidly decaying, he's started self-harming and developed severe paranoia as well as unhealthy habits that relate to his OCD. Sigrid watches all of this, desperately and vainly trying to somehow make Ingall hear him and know he's not alone*

Sigrid, desprate and screaming even though he knows Ingall can't hear, just trying to get Gall to leave and realize that he's still loved and cared for: "And if you have a minute, why don't we go talk about it somewhere only we know?!"

Ingall, numb at this point: "This could be the end of everything."

Sigrid, panicking: "So, why don't we go somewhere only we know?!"

Sigrid, managing to channel enough power through their connection to appear for just a split second, just to Ingall: "Somewhere only we know!"

*After seeing (or, believing he hallucinated) Sigrid, Ingall decides that it's better to simply leave rather than die, so he gathers his things as well as some of Amar's money, and runs. Sigrid follows the whole way, relieved*

Ingall, tired and paranoid but determined: "Oh, simple thing, where have you gone? I'm getting old, and I need something to rely on!"

Sigrid, smiling and relieved: "So, tell me when you're gonna let me in!"

Ingall, talking about a new beginning now: "I'm getting tired, and I need somewhere to begin."

*Ingall meets Maya and the two click almost instantly. Sigrid watches happily as his brother finally forms a healthy bond with someone, relieved that he no longer feels alone*

Maya, after having known Ingall for a couple months, encouraging him to open up. He's safe here, he can trust her: "And if you have a minute, why don't we go talk about it somewhere only we know?"

Ingall, following May's lead and opening up about everything: "This could be the end of everything. So, why don't we go?"

Maya, smiling and mentioning the rebellion for the first time: "So, why don't we go?"

*Timeline skip. Of course, we can never end on a happy note, so, yeah, Maya died. She joins Sigrid as a Grounded to watch over Ingall, they watch with a mixture of sadness and admiration as Ingall grieves but moves forward with a promise to avenge Maya's death by the cruel system*

Ingall, clinging to the cloth from May and the necklace from Sigrid, moving forward to join the rebellion: "This could be the end of everything. So, why don't we go somewhere only we know?"

Sigrid, echoing Ingall: "Somewhere only we know."

Maya, nodding in agreement and also echoing Ingall: "Somewhere only we know."

Whispers Cost | DiscussionDecember 13, 2023 02:13 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
I realized I'm an idiot and forgot a very important detail that you'll need for Clio's power-
So, the Grounded who chose to stay specifically to protect or watch over a certain person (or people) are given a literal bond with them. They feel, on a much smaller scale, the same things as their bond and are aware of where their bond is at all times, even if they're not in the same place as them. The Grounded aren't required to stay in the same place as their bond at all times, they just know where they are through a gut feeling type of thing. Through this bond, if the spirit has enough energy, they may appear to their bond (and only their bond) for a very short period of time. It's rare that they have enough energy to do so, but on occasion they can.
The Grounded may also bond with multiple people, but most limit it to around three because of the emotion thing. Also, they aren't required to bond, many just do it with the hope of being able to reach their loved ones again someday.
-
If you're wondering, this'll be important to Ingall's angst later, thanks to Sol, lol
And, uh, if you want this to be a part of your characters too, let me know and I'm sure I can get Sol to work with it too. Probably during an emotional breakdown though, he doesn't typically talk about the dead to the living unless the dead ask very specifically and for a very good reason :)
Whispers Cost | DiscussionDecember 13, 2023 03:19 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
I love the information and the song lyric thing haha
Chile for sure is around as an intentional Grounded, watching over Aries and Clio, mostly. And Aurora is totally watching over Aries.
Michelle might would be around Garvin, she probably tended to stick around Andi at first out of hate and spite and whatnot. And then bond with each victim, but given how they've all died except for Garvin... Yeah.
And oooo, some background characters you don't actually know yet from Garvin's past. Man, dude knows a lot of dead people. Like Yari and Kenneth. Specifically Kenneth would probably be chilling around Garvin. Orfeo and Melody too. And maybe some others. Garvin knows way too many people that are now dead, haha.
Alvis would definitely be bonded to Irfam.
Revan's brother and father are totally keeping an eye on him too.
-
I'll get back to you on Garvin at some point haha.
Whispers Cost | DiscussionDecember 13, 2023 05:37 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Glad you like it!
Aww, so sweet. Except for Michelle hanging around Andi, lol
Yeah, let's see, for my characters we've got Sigrid and Maya for Ingall (his parents moved on when Sigrid promised to watch him for them as well)
Aurora and Rowan are both bonded to Nico for sure. Aurora is also bonded to Jade. Neva's probably sticking around Nico too, though she's probably not bonded.
Amie's bonded to the whole family, but she tends to stick around Kumi and Everett the most
Cam and Moiraine are bonded to Briar
Kyrie's bonded to both their brothers, but they stick around Kostas mostly because Ometz is so bitter
Karma knows a shit ton of dead people, but none of them are around. It'd be very surprising if any of them felt remotely okay with being bonded to them to be fair-
Sol's father would have stayed, but considering how he died and what Sol's powers are, he found it kinder to just move on and let his kid be... He did stick around Eclipse for a while, but when he realized Sol could sense him, he just moved on instead. And, uh, well, Harper's around. Not bonded, but around. He's chilling, totally not causing more distress to Sol at all :)
And, god, I kinda feel bad for what I'm going to do to Sol, but, oh well, it must be done for the fun of having a villain arc and also gaining major character development... Eventually XD
-
Ooooo, hey, actually, question. Relating to Nico, in the future, do we want major angst or just moderate angst?
Either way, the basic outcome is the same, it's just how things happen that change a bit :)
Whispers Cost | DiscussionDecember 13, 2023 05:54 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Yeahhh- Michelle was probably a Vengeful Grounded at first. She totally bonded to each victim after herself to try and get them to survive. She absolutely hates Andi. Totally wants to drag him to Damnation herself. And then Garvin survived, and she followed him because 'Oh shit, someone survived'.
Everyone else sticking around Garvin is probably doing so for really odd reasons. Like Kenneth is sticking around and bonded to Garvin because the Kenneth just be bored and spiteful and totally not confused as to how Garvin managed what he didn't/couldn't. Or the ones sticking around to see if he uses the skills they taught him (some of which will become very important as time goes on, haha. Yeah, Garvin just has the crowd of ghosts doing bets on how long he's going to live. It's the street rat ghosts XD
-
Hmmmm-
I'd say do whichever one makes more sense for the arc/character lol
Whispers Cost | DiscussionDecember 13, 2023 06:06 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
I love that so much XD
-
Welll, okay, let's put it this way, would you rather have Garvin and Akira dealing with Nico with... um... "baggage"... immediatly when they show up at their door, or would you rather have Nico drag them somewhere else to get said "baggage" the next day?
Whispers Cost | DiscussionDecember 13, 2023 06:12 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
I do not know what you are referring to by baggage and now I do not know which is better. Which do you think Nico is more likely to do though?
Whispers Cost | DiscussionDecember 13, 2023 06:22 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Well, see, I can't tell you yet because it's a major spoiler, but, like-
I mean, he would be just as likely to do one as the other is the problem. The "baggage" is heavy, so it'd take them a little longer if they carried it, but she'd certainly do it
Oh, okay, maybe this will help-
You want badly injured when they arrive, which would probably be the result of grabbing the "baggage" or slightly less injured. In both situations you'd still get a hystarical mess of a Nico
And before you ask, no, Gorōta or Raph wouldn't necassarily need to be called either way, though if you'd want to drag one of them in, that'd be fine to, it just wouldn't be necassary
-
Wow, this is really hard to explain without telling you everything XD

Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    399    400    401    402    403   ..   609 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us