Wolf Play : The Black Lotus Syndicate | Discussion
Chatbox
 CrypticHollow
01:28:46 
can my beautiful custom man get some paws!
-WP Click-
 Crescent Nightwalker
01:27:51 Aurora / Pastelmoon
@Tessa
Aww, it was nothing. ;D
 Boeing
01:27:28 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Eci
Good on me. I've been blind then xD
That could have saved me so much time if only I wasn't blind a few days ago when I reset all my wolves' ranks lol
 TessaRain
01:26:57 Tessie
Aurora, Thanks!
 Ecifircas
01:26:14 
Boeing, I'm not sure but it wasn't a super recent addition so it might be a bit tedious to find on the News page even if it was posted about.
 Aurora tribe
01:24:49 Mist
Tessa like all the 2 and 3 I like best
 MLadySkylar
01:18:26 P'Sky
Rain rain go away-
 Boeing
01:18:15 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Did the news mention the custom ranks feature on the den page was added?
 Rebel Moon
01:16:34 
khaos
lets go
 Ecifircas
01:16:12 
Khaos, I thought that said 'Eci' and I was like, "What did I do?" lol
 Hugs4Bugs
01:15:52 Ed (he/they)
alright :)
 Hugs4Bugs
01:15:43 Ed (he/they)
really needing some more den space haha
 Kháos
01:15:41 Kaos || Khaos
Ed-
I would ask sales just to be safe. ^^
 Hugs4Bugs
01:15:15 Ed (he/they)
is this a good place to ask how much I could make on a commission or two?

-Click-
 Rebel Moon
01:14:42 
aurora
nope
 Aurora tribe
01:12:58 Mist
Rebel, any Pacific wolf and thing?
 Vulpixles
01:11:14 Pixie, Vul | ♈
-WP Click-
If only she had been a male...this is exactly what I wanted out of my next G1 stud
 Rebel Moon
01:09:26 
PVP anyone
 Kháos
01:05:00 Kaos || Khaos
hey chat
 Dire Wolf Haven
01:04:30 Dire, DWH
meeeeee points!

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Snapping Turtle : -5
Jackal : +2
Cheetah : -1
    Summer   Night  Weather:  Clear  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1    2    3    4    5    6   ..   8 

The Black Lotus Syndicate | DiscussionJuly 25, 2024 02:14 AM

Caribou Creek

Neutral

Give Award

Edling- I agree with you on the traitor idea. I think if it was going to come up, it would need to come up later in the story/rp, and while I think you are right about none of our characters seeming to fit that bill yet, I will say I think Draven could be persuaded if there was something or someone that ended up becoming close enough to him that they mean more to him than his dedication to the Syndicate. Just for an example, if he fell in love with someone in the Syndicate or outside of it (which is forbidden unless you are a Zealot). I'm not finished with his form yet so there isn't much proof of that yet XD but I think if we were to implement the traitor aspect I would be willing to craft Draven into someone who could be.

As for culture ideas...I will hold off on saying too much until Froggs sees this because they have been the more creative one in this department thus far lol (also you have been such a great help I appreciate you) however:

I did mention at one point taking inspiriation from a real life organization called The OddFellows. I believe it was more well known a couple hundred years ago, but I THINK there are still members and groups formed. Anway, if I'm correct in my limited knowledge about them, they were a fraternal society that went largely undocumented before the 18th century, and throughout their time in this order, there were a LOT of shady/ritualistic things that went undetected for a long time and discovered later (including a ritual where new members were forced to sit in front of a real corpse/skeleton for a certain amount of time to "contemplate their own mortality"). From what I've heard, I believe that they bought a couple of properties under the guise of charity (one being I believe an orphanage) but did a lot of shady things behind the scenes. Still to this day a LOT is unknown about them, and people who do know about them won't speak on it. I personally think The Syndicates would function in a similar manner, or at least kind of, but I'm not 100% sure on what their philosophical standpoint should be.

Edited at July 25, 2024 02:19 AM by Caribou Creek
The Black Lotus Syndicate | DiscussionJuly 25, 2024 09:31 AM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award

That is true that it should be further down the line for someone to turn.

I have a little post at the beginning I can edit for additional lore. I'll add the code of conduct and add to it as I/we think of stuff. ooh, that's a good point about punishment although I guess to a lot of extent it just depends on what the leader thinks and if the leader listens/ask for advice from the deputy or anyone else. There should probably be a way to depose the leader and/or deputy because they might not have the Syndicate's best interest's at heart or aren't skilled enough for the job. But I'd prefer a formal way besides just taking them out lol hmmm. Well, I think I said that it was often determined by who was the most skilled so many they spar frequently and have rankings that way as well. But also someone else would have to become a zealot to be able to challenge them. I'm not quite sure what the Syndicate's vision is >.< but that would be very helpful

I started thinking of slang in relation to flower/plants for the different positions. Like the alcolytes could be the seeds, the disciples are sprouts/grass roots something like that, the zealots are maybe the lilypads or the stalk, and I'm starting to run out of plant lol. Or maybe it could just be like the hierarchy so starting from the bottom of the plant going up.

The Black Lotus Syndicate | DiscussionJuly 25, 2024 01:34 PM

Edling

Neutral

Give Award
Creek - Ooo, small info teaser of Draven, love it <3 If you're prematurely nominating Draven for the role of traitor, I'm low-key looking forward to the details of that can kind of stray from loyalty, even more so how the Syndicate will handle the speculation of a traitor. Speaking of which, would the Syndicate have a specific way of handling the suspicion of a traitor? I would think eyes would fall on Alcolytes first (since they could probably be used as an easy scapegoat too depending on circumstance), but when it comes to those already vetted in higher ranks, I imagine things can get a little murkier in terms of sniffing a turncoat out. As per the organization you mentioned, I LOVE that info/lore dump, even crazier that it's real?! It would be neat to draw some more inspiration off of something like that for this.

Also - new avi drop?? :0 It looks amazing!

Froggy - When it comes to deposing the leader/deputy, for the sake of formality, maybe it could be a trial-esque thing held by the Zealots that addresses their observations of the shift in their values. Versus simply offing the alleged, maybe the greatest formal way of removing their status is to put a (for lack of better word) 'mark of shame' over their Syndicate branding to revoke their affiliation, as well as banish them entirely from the Syndicate? Maybe they are even heavily suggested to remove themselves from the area the Syndicate primarily operates in, or risk being killed on sight after the only chance at mercy they were given? Afterwords, the Syndicate could resume the tradition of the most skilled to replace the reposed? Something along those lines ahah.

I adore plant slang to symbolize the hierarchy lmao. I am not a 'planty' enough person to even begin suggesting how to approach suggestions though XD.

The Black Lotus Syndicate | DiscussionJuly 25, 2024 04:40 PM

Caribou Creek

Neutral

Give Award

Edling- I think if no one else's character will fit the bill for the traitor I can certainly make Draven work. Simply because I really want to experience the dynamics once it's suspected that a traitor is in their midst lol. I would agree with you about suspecting the Alcolytes first for both reasons. They're the newest members/least trusted and the most expendable at least comparatively to the higher ranks. Also very in love with the idea you mentioned of deposing.

Yess new avi :3 Thank youuu <33

Froggs- In love with the plant hierarchy symbolism, I think it fits rather well.

The Black Lotus Syndicate | DiscussionJuly 25, 2024 04:55 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award
Like using it in conversation. "Looks like that little seed over there is eavesdropping on us."
Or the deputy, "ah yes, come sprout." XD

I think if the leader isn't skilled enough for the job, then things just shift and they're a zealot again although they're kinda suspicious because the former leader might be resentful. But I like that for if the leader isn't doing the job well intentionally although I wonder if they would ever let someone leave the organization. I do like the mark of shame, but maybe they resume as a zealot and the mark of shame is a way of marking them as someone they need to keep an eye on and they just aren't trusted the same way again.

It would make sense for attention to fall on lower first and then up. Although I think because disciples do most of the work depending on what kind of betrayal is happening they'd actually probably start with the disciples because the acolytes aren't supposed to know enough to cause damage so unless they are being fed false information it would probably be a disciple. The acolytes are also a way of generating revenue because they've gotta give it all to the leader who disperses it for missions and general ability to survive.

The Black Lotus Syndicate | DiscussionJuly 25, 2024 05:01 PM

Caribou Creek

Neutral

Give Award
Fair points! I didn't think about them just letting anyone leave. They definitely wouldn't, not with how small the group is and the kind of work they do. Too much information could be leaked letting someone free...I like the idea of once a Leader is deposed they are marked, become a Zealot again, and aren't allowed to ever take position as Leader again, maybe not even ever as Deputy. Specifically if it's a situation of leading without the best interests in mind, not in regards to a formal deposal of someone with a lack of skill. I think certain members of the Syndicate are brutal enough to completely dispose of someone if a second or third "mistake" is made. They leave the organization...but permanently by death XD
The Black Lotus Syndicate | DiscussionJuly 25, 2024 05:03 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award
Ooh yeah! if it's a conflict of interest situation and they're skilled then taking out the former shamed leader would be quite the flex
The Black Lotus Syndicate | DiscussionJuly 25, 2024 06:30 PM

Caribou Creek

Neutral

Give Award
Honey- I have Draven's personality updated now^^
The Black Lotus Syndicate | DiscussionJuly 25, 2024 06:54 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award
Hey Creek, can you pin Honey's affiliation post
The Black Lotus Syndicate | DiscussionJuly 25, 2024 06:56 PM

Caribou Creek