11:12:03 Leaf she/her
Hi nux!
 Leafpool
11:11:03 Leaf she/her
Hi Existence!
 ~♥Nux♥~
11:11:01 Chat's snack
Exist

Neat-o! Wanna see my newest member to my collection? (Did not breed her, she was a gift)
 Existence
11:10:12 Exist / Kuskyn
Nux want to know my fun? I have ahh 5 new Albinos to my collection and twin vitis xD
 The-Storyteller
11:09:31 Zyra_the_wolf
I am alive
 Leafpool
11:07:49 Leaf she/her
Silverheart draws in a deep, sharp breath and shakes their head to clear their mind.
 Noricai
11:06:29 Young Po
conti
now thats what i call a valkarie
 ~♥Nux♥~
11:05:54 Chat's snack
Time to explore cause I'm sage. Tata, chat~
 ~♥Nux♥~
11:05:24 Chat's snack
Duds 🥲
 Tech
11:05:03 
Hey Chat

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Leopard : -5
Bobcat : -3
Grey Fox : -3
    Fall   Night  Weather:  Heavy Rain  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    589    590    591 

Whispers Cost | DiscussionSeptember 5, 2024 08:40 AM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
I'll get them up soon then, haha-
-
Glad you like all of that
Nous would've been part of the Xe/Xem group on Vebreil, by the way
-
That's all fair lmao
I just assumed since it said with the exception of Nico to mean everyone else was basically for sure being killed
Garvin immediately confused by the switch up though, haha- He thought he was going to be killed, not get a talking to. Like, what?
Also, just, uh, good luck at that Sall.
No one in Garvin's system is particularly against suicide other than like... Juke and Chips and Macy, really. A few fragments here and there, maybe. But even the ones like Jack that would prefer not to commit suicide or die aren't really against it, shit, most of them barely fight off depression using very self-destructive means anyways.
-
Also, kind of want to write a Monroe short story now. Curses.
Whispers Cost | DiscussionSeptember 5, 2024 08:55 AM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Good to know, lmao
-
Yeah, that's fair, I worded it weird, lol
I moreso meant that Nico's the only on that Briar for sure won't kill (of the other protectors I mean, obviously the Misfits don't count, none of them are getting hurt if Bri can help it, lmao). Even if they get in the way. For multiple reasons.
Everyone else is totally fine to get killed if they fight back or get in the way, but if they stay out of it, Bri doesn't see any reason to kill them anymore. They're fine. Bri did what they needed to, lol
Yeahhhh, well-
Honestly, Sall might just be like "Look dude, kill yourself if you want to, just don't do it in front of me. I ain't gonna kill you when you're begging for it, dumbass. I don't want to deal with seeing you trying to off yourself. Just do it when I'm gone, yeah?"
Meanwhile, they're covered in blood from killing others, lol
-
Ooo, fun!
Whispers Cost | DiscussionSeptember 5, 2024 09:03 AM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Ah, yeah, that makes sense
Garvin being so annoyed but basically be like, alright, whatever, fine, see ya (not)
-
Not fun
I have too many ideas
Should I write it?
Whispers Cost | DiscussionSeptember 5, 2024 09:37 AM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Lmaooo
I totally feel that-
I meannn, if you want, I'll honestly love anything you write, so I'll be happy with whatever, lol
-
Alsooo, I'm mapping out the alters for Briar that I know so far, but it may take a while
I'm also working on 48 Hours, Monster (the villain Briar story), and Gay in the South, and it's a stuggle to figure out what to focus on, especially because I have work anxiety going on in the background, so I have absolutely 0 idea what you'll get first honestly XD
Whispers Cost | DiscussionSeptember 5, 2024 09:55 AM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
I probably will haha-
Not sure if the song thing or that will be done first
Gotta wait until lunch to do the picrews
-
Ooo, fun
Alright then!
Whispers Cost | DiscussionSeptember 5, 2024 12:09 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Here's the dads!
Credits go to [email protected]
Forgot to mention that the healthier the Loxodonxi are, the more yellow and longer their eyelashes are.
-
Vernon Algernon, before joining the antagonists.
-
Wilfred Algernon, before his death
Whispers Cost | DiscussionSeptember 5, 2024 12:29 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
And here's the song lyric thing!
-

Song: Oak & Ash & Thorn by The Longest Johns.

(With some slight adjustments to the lyrics to avoid as much repeating and make it more accurate to characters in certain places)

Characters: Vernon, Wilfred, Silas, other unnamed Loxodonxi, Anansi, Nous, and Nihar. Domino/Savior is mentioned.

Context: Can you tell I’m having a fun time with the lore of the antagonists? Anyways, uhhh. Have some more Silas-centric lore. This is definitely, like, a folk song for Qedrilin/Loxodonxi. It works so well as one. Fun fact, on Qedrilin, the sun sets in the north and rises in the south.

*~*~*~*

*We start far before the end of Qedrilin, when Silas was still a child and both of his fathers were alive. We even start this before the time when smoke and smog and soot didn’t coat everything around. So… Before the end of Qedrilin and before the start of the industrial revolution on Qedrilin.*

Vernon, beginning the folk song in front of a crowd, as one does; “Of all the trees that grow so fair, old Qedrilin to adorn, greater are none beneath the sun than Oak, and Ash, and Thorn. Sing Oak, and Ash, and Thorn, good sirs, all on a midsummer's morn– Surely, we’ll sing of no little thing in Oak, and Ash, and Thorn!”

Vernon, still continuing the song in front of a crowd, man the Loxodonxi just be enjoying their folk song; “Yew that is old, in churchyard mould, he breedeth a mighty bow. Alder for shoes, do wise men choose, and Beech for cups, also. But when you have killed, and your bowl, it is filled, and your shoes are clean outworn– Back you must speed for all that you need to Oak, and Ash, and Thorn!”

Vernon, Wilfred, and other Loxodonxi; “Sing Oak, and Ash, and Thorn, good sirs! All on a midsummer's morn! Surely, we’ll sing of no little thing in Oak, and Ash, and Thorn!”

Silas, away from the crowd, just dealing with the earworm of a song this is while working to deliver messages/papers; “Sing Oak, and Ash, and Thorn, good sirs! All on a midsummer's morn! Surely, we’ll sing of no little thing in Oak, and Ash, and Thorn!”

*Now we switch it up to during the height of the industrial revolution on Qedrilin, Wilfred’s dead, uh. Yeah. Vernon is sad. Silas is pretty sad too, and is still technically a child by Loxodonx standards. Anyway, uh, yeah. Industrial revolution. Lots of pollution, very low wages. You know. Typical industrial revolution stuff. In fact, a small rebellion is brewing too. Vernon is at the height of it, as well. This is also when Vernon ends up joining the antagonists, and eventually drags Silas into it as well.*

Vernon, still singing the folk song of course, but now also using it as warnings for what is to come; “Elm, he hates loxkind and waits, ‘til every gust be laid, to drop a limb on the head of him that anyway trusts his shade. But whether a lad be sober or sad, or mellow with ale from the horn– He’ll take no wrong when he lyeth along ‘neath Oak, and Ash, and Thorn!”

Vernon and other Loxodonxi, planning rebellion and loving their folk song, yep; “Sing Oak, and Ash, and Thorn, good sirs! All on a midsummer's morn! Surely, we’ll sing of no little thing in Oak, and Ash, and Thorn!”

Silas, away from the others, having been kept out of the exacts of the rebellion for the most part, you know, just working, getting in that experience with engineering; “Sing Oak, and Ash, and Thorn, good sirs! All on a midsummer's morn! Surely, we’ll sing of no little thing in Oak, and Ash, and Thorn!”

*Now we skip all the way to after Qedrilin has been destroyed and Vernon has died, leaving Silas as the last Loxodonx. Whom, of course, knows better than to let folk songs die. So… He ends up singing the whole thing quite a bit. He also switches some of it up so it’s less likely to get him in trouble though, as technically, he’s supposed to just let such things fade and die. Yeah. Anyway, have him slowly getting the others to sing it too. Or, most of them, at least.*

Silas, switching some lyrics from the original Qedrilin folk song, singing it to the antagonists, you know, as one does, probably also fucking dancing too, bro is such a dork, priest refers to Domino/Savior; “Oh, do not tell the priest our plight, for he would call it a sin. But we’ve been out in the woods all night, a-conjuring summer in– We bring you good news by word of mouth, good news for battle and scorn! Sure as the sun comes up from the south, by Oak, and Ash, and Thorn!”

Silas and Anansi, who joins in solely because they love music; “Sing Oak, and Ash, and Thorn, good sirs! All on a midsummer's morn! Surely, we’ll sing of no little thing in Oak, and Ash, and Thorn!”

Silas, Anansi, and Nous, who sings much quieter than the other two, and really only mumbles it because it’s an earworm; “Sing Oak, and Ash, and Thorn, good sirs! All on a midsummer's morn! Surely, we’ll sing of no little thing in Oak, and Ash, and Thorn!”

Silas, Anansi, Nous, and Nihar, who actually quite likes the song; “Sing Oak, and Ash, and Thorn, good sirs! All on a midsummer's morn! Surely, we’ll sing of no little thing in Oak, and Ash, and Thorn!”

Silas, just missing Qedrilin, his dads, his friends, you know, basically everything, as one does; “Sing Oak, and Ash, and Thorn, good sirs! All on a midsummer's morn! Surely, we’ll sing of no little thing in Oak, and Ash, and Thorn!”

Whispers Cost | DiscussionSeptember 6, 2024 10:07 AM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
I love the picrews and the song so much! And the lore, of course! All amazing!
Whispers Cost | DiscussionSeptember 6, 2024 10:47 AM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Glad you liked it all, got ~2400 words in the Moneoe short story so far, should be up in the next few hours hopefully

Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    589    590    591 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us