Wolf Play : Eleven from Tetra | Semi-lit to Lit | Medieval RP | Closed
Chatbox
 purdy
09:33:50 
ahhh! almost 80 paws!!
 Lazy Kingdom
09:33:37 Lazy, Crazy Cat Lady
Poe
Thank you <3, I forget why I even did it but it stuck :,).
 Poe
09:33:21 
Lazy-
Oh actually! I think Black Cherry would be cute for her :)
 Poe
09:31:53 
Lazy-
I donÂ’t have any suggestions off the top of my head, but I love that you have a theme for names. Very cute.
 icemoons
09:30:57 slushy,ice,moon,
bug, b jake

I have a cromebook that I use for school and it's so old by now, i've had it for like 4 flipping years now
 Lazy Kingdom
09:29:46 Lazy, Crazy Cat Lady
-WP Click-
ice cream names for her ^^?
Check den for taken names please <3
 BJake
09:26:12 Don't call me BJ.
@BuggyO
I feel bad for him
 BuggyOs
09:24:37 Bug-a-boo
Bjake
a guy sitting in front of my in my communications class yesterday has a computor like that
 BJake
09:24:00 Don't call me BJ.
Fuck i hate my stupid ass computer it sounds like a bullet train getting stopped by a fucking plane
 BuggyOs
09:22:58 Bug-a-boo
hey!
 Tech
09:21:47 
Hey Chat
 icemoons
09:20:35 slushy,ice,moon,
Quest Level 20

Expand your territory. Level up in the Swamp.

Completed: 0/10

➔ 1,000 Mushrooms 10 Party On! 2 Animal Skins Bundle
Turn Down

oh my God... that's gonna take a while,,,
 BuggyOs
09:19:40 Bug-a-boo
ET
yeah lol
 Eternity
09:19:24 ET
Buggy
Probably not! Especially not if it's anything like driving in London haha. Quicker to cycle than drive.
 BuggyOs
09:17:48 Bug-a-boo
Ice
yeah, I saved for a long while, but I also did a few adopts. I'm working on more to hopefully get my much hole stocked back up
 icemoons
09:16:59 slushy,ice,moon,
bug

50,000?!?!?! Holy shit that's awesome!
 Saint
09:16:27 
nux
 Silly
09:12:54 SL, SilverLined
morning ^^ long time no see
 BuggyOs
09:12:38 Bug-a-boo
Ice
yeah, I had 50,000 saved up and now only have 20,000 after these past 2 weeks lol
 icemoons
09:11:50 slushy,ice,moon,
bug

noice, it must've taken a long time for all that mush

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Cougar : +1
Snapping Turtle : -5
Death Adder : 0
    Winter   Night  Weather:  Blizzard  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2    3    4    5   ..   7 

Eleven from Tetra | Semi-lit to Lit | Medieval RP | ClosedJanuary 26, 2022 02:28 PM

Argos

Lightbringer

Give Award
@LightMoonPack,
Go ahead and fill out the character form and then I will accept it or not
Eleven from Tetra | Semi-lit to Lit | Medieval RP | ClosedJanuary 26, 2022 05:24 PM

Xuân

Darkseeker

Give Award

“Just because it looks like something I'd do doesn't mean I did it. But this time I did do it.”

Name:

Cassian Alaric

Nickname:

Cass

18 years

Male

Role:

Notorious Thief of Tetra

How long have you had this role?

For 2 or 3 years he's been known as a notorious thief, which he finds odd that no one has really pin-pointed his crimes and face to his family name. It's almost like living a double life, but he isn't trying to hide it. Rather, he's attempting to showcase his "vigilante side," but it isn't necessarily working out in his favor.

What is your family motto?

"No time for mourning, no tears for weeping."

A phrase that means no regrets, no weakness, and no failure. Out of the few things he likes about his family, this motto is one of them. He lives by the mantra and it is his motivation for many of his actions, and his support against challenges and his fears.

Appearance:

"You can't seriously be blaming me? I didn't even- oh the fire lit nicely."

With wavy brown hair and golden highlights, he has a boyish charm in his features and a mischievous gleam shining in his eyes. His locks are messy and long enough to have to be pushed out of his face when it falls down. He progressively has started to develop an unconscious habit to brush his hair back or run a hand through his hair to avoid it bothering his eyes. Cassian’s skin color is a golden tan color, relatively daker. His eyes are a warm amber, lighter than his skin color, giving him an odd look that isn’t the most noticeable, but still there. His pupils are dark, being contrasting to his lighter eyes. Cassian has sharp and angled eyebrows, trained for flirtatious add-ons and exaggerated, theatrical expressions. His eyelashes are curled and rather long, though they always fall into his eyes. At this point, his irritation has reached the point in which he wishes to cut them to half of their current length.

This smug lad stands at a moderate height of about 6 foot, or about 182.9 cm. He has an athletic body shape, and is well-built. Usually, Cassian’s body language is dull and muted, but commonly, he’ll be extremely expressive in his actions to disguise whatever he actually is feeling. He feels pressured to be either incredibly sarcastic, or incredibly energetic as his reactions to everything.

A silver necklace with an anchor on it is constantly worn by Cassian, something that was previously, constantly worn by his favorite sibling. His older brother, the eldest of all the siblings, who wasn’t educated well, but had a heart of gold. He also wears his prized, and rather worn, fingerless gloves as well as his three, favorite gold rings, all the time. In his gloves is a makeshift lock pick that has never failed Cassian. His fingerless gloves are a black leather, fitted around his wrist by silver buckles. He’ll switch out silver and gold trinkets he’s stolen, but never for too long. In any case, most people would assume his parents would be able to purchase the pieces of jewelry.

His hands are flexible, and his fingers are relatively long. He has an odd fear of wearing things over his fingers, which is why he prefers fingerless gloves over other kinds. His lips are moderately sized and pint-tinted. Cassian’s teeth are sharp and white, as sanitary was something his family shoved upon him constantly as one of the biggest rules in the household. Cassian likes to, when he gets bored, which is a very common occurrence, likes to chew on things, especially bread. He really likes bread. If not, he’ll just chew on his lip, or find a piece of dried fruit or meat. Just something to bite, even possibly just eating out of boredom.

Personality:

"What, scared of a little darkness and cold?"

He is one of the most competitive people, as well as one of the most difficult ones as well. Cassian is incredibly flirtatious, though the effect is dampened by his snarky sarcasm. In a lot of cases, it’s more of his charm that he relied on to hide his anxiety in social interactions, but at this point in his life, he’s begun to lean more heavily on his scorn and arrogance. Of course, though, habits are hard to die. Interestingly enough, Cassian is an intelligent individual with a rather great memory. He finds it odd to have the talent, and hides his decent memory by only showcasing it when necessary or with random facts so others think he just has an affinity with random tidbits. Though he’s boastful, he doesn’t seem to like his affinity with memories that imbed themselves into his mind.

As a person with a rather cracked humor, he laughs at some of the absolute worst times. His laughter is usually a practiced snort, arrogant and lazy. Of course, there are some jokes that make him completely wheeze out every last one of his breaths out of amusement. When he doubles over with humor, he either laughs silently, or snickers mockingly, though he tries to stop it as soon as he can. Laughter to his family is generally considered a weakness. Showing too much emotion is a weakness. His smiles are shark-like and warm at the same time, a little curve at the edge of his lips. A scornful smirk, practiced and perfected to the point is one of his most common reactions, as are dry, sarcastic remarks.

He can be a thoughtful individual, what with his memory and occasionally using it as a sort of useful thing. He doesn’t like taking credit for doing thoughtful and considerate things. It shows emotion, and therefore, weakness. It also broadcasts a weakness that someone could use as an advantage over him. His charm is useful for meeting new people and getting on their good sides, but he’d much prefer to make them see him as a useless, cocky brat, because if they have high expectations, he has to meet said expectations, which is also why he loathes expectations and standards he has to meet.

His fascination with history is expressed a lot in his factual tidbits, and his fascination with fire can be seen in some of his dark humor jokes, or his expression when he messes around with the box of matches he hides in one of his many pockets in his pants. He can be found watching common crows and pigeons. He hopes to have one of the birds as a companion, which could be found useful, especially since the two birds are commonly found in large groups. They’re also uncannily gorgeous.

Why are you on this quest?

He believed it would be a fun twist of normality. He was also incredibly bored and thought it would be a nice oppurtunity to be useful in things other than his own benefit.

What do you think your worth is to the team?

Entertainment, thievery, deception, and being a distraction. It's always worthwhile to learn more things along the way, isn't it?

What does your character think about themselves?

A bit arrogant but is rather insecure about some other traits. Other than that, he commonly keeps a smug and cocky air about himself and his actions. Sometimes his daredevil-ness can cause him the hand of many consequences, but it's easier to quell and face your fears and insecurities than talk about it, he believes.

How observant are you?

Rather. It's a trick you eventually have to pick up after being a notorious thief. It's also not very fun to be caught in the act of a crime, and so he tends to have a sharp sense, but not always in certain ways. If someone were to throw a knife at him, he'd catch it. If someone were to be attempting to chase him, it'd take a second to understand the situation and, you know, start fleeing.

Have you broken any laws?

Well, he is a thief, and therefore, most likely has broken multple laws. At least he hasn't commited a law that has sentenced him to lose his hands, or his life. It's also incredibly plausible that he just hasn't gotten caught, of course.

What is your view on the Country Values?

A disdain, though he grew up learning them and unconciously has a sort of belief towards the Country Values. He feels somewhat guilty when he tells lies, even though he's told hundreds by this point in his life. His honor has been damaged and repaired to an extent that it's threaded together with a single string. As for the history of the country, he finds it intensely interesting, though he would never say that aloud.

Family:

A high class family who has been high in the list for some years. They are rather venomous, but still expect him to settle down and "get over his little phase" soon, as he's entered the age for marriage. Oddly enough, he's passed the Test of Independence. It seems his family uses some of their power to keep his crimes away from the family name, but they have yet to disown the boy.

Affiliations:

TBD

History:

Born into a high class family, his education was rather spotless, and the Country Values were drilled into his mind. A sort of friend of his taught Cassian how to pick locks, how to use sleight of hand, and how to pinpoint the weathiest of a crowd. The friend was sent away as an outcast and disowned by his family, though Cassian continued cultivating the skills taught to him.

He eventually began stealing larger things until he ended up in a hole too deep to crawl out of, being a competitive bastard who craves validation in whatever form it comes. His family considers him a major disappointment, but considering his eldest sibling is his only brother, they expect Cassian to become like his father and continue the family legacy, marrying a fine woman and birthing several children.

One problem, though. He'd rather marry a lock pick or fingerless gloves than follow the arranged marriage his parents picked for him years ago. At first, it was between 3 young girls, but one family didn't want anything to do with Cassian's family, so the choice was down to 2 "fine" women. He's pretty sure both have lines of suitors waiting on them, and he's most likely last, so he gives himself a congratulatory pat on the back for that.

Other:

He's a Sagittarius, and happens to have an odd fear of a lot of birds, except for crows and pigeons. He adores crows and pigeons. Cassian can ride a horse and is an archer, but doesn't enjoy it as much without a competitor. His favorite fruit is an apple, and any apple. He enjoys swimming, reading poetry under the stars, and lying outside in the freezing sharpness of winter. Cassian also has a deep-seated fascination for fire and history.

———

RP example: Link

How active do you expect of yourself to be in this RP?

Probably 2 to 4 posts per week as an estimate.

How willing are you to do research for this?

Very willing. I enjoy learning new things.

Eleven from Tetra | Semi-lit to Lit | Medieval RP | ClosedJanuary 26, 2022 08:18 PM

Argos

Lightbringer

Give Award
Xuân, accepted!
Eleven from Tetra | Semi-lit to Lit | Medieval RP | ClosedJanuary 26, 2022 09:35 PM

Determined_Wolf

Lightbringer

Give Award

“You can never have too many knives.”

Name: Drustan (doesn’t like to be called by name)

Nickname: Diamond Eyes or just Diamond (only goes by this)

Title: So-called Best Thief in All of Tetra

Sexuality: Homosexual

Role: Thief

How long have you had this role? Diamond started stealing when he was just five years old, but became famous by the age of thirteen. No one has been able to catch him, since he was seven at least.

What is your family motto? He doesn’t know it. If anything, he is glad that he doesn't know it because that is one less law to break by not being able to break his family motto.

Appearance: Standing at five foot seven, Diamond is under the average due to malnutrition as a child. He has a blocky, square shape to him with lean muscles that strengthen his chest, arms, and legs. With sunburned skin that is covered in dirt and mud, the light freckles that dot his back, shoulders, and face, blend in almost perfectly with his dark honey skin. His left hand is surprisingly big and slightly rough, but his right hand had been cut off for his crimes, leaving only a nub behind. Luckily, he is left-handed, but it doesn’t make it any easier to lose a hand.

Diamond has a sharp jawline and, coincidentally, a diamond shaped head. With faint freckles painting his face on his cheeks, nose, and ears, they appear more prevalent when he is flustered or embarrassed and his face grows a bright red. He has a crooked, sly grin that reflects his dimples. When he laughs or talks, the chip in his front tooth can be seen as well as the rest of his slightly yellowed teeth. He has big ears that are visible through his puffy hair. Speaking of his hair, the mass of uncombed, curly, messy hair on his head is a dark oak wood color that sometimes hangs in his face if he doesn’t pull it back with a tiny black ribbon. It is constantly filled with dried dirt, but he tries to wash it all off in streams whenever he can. Now, the two most noticeable parts of his face include a long scar along his face from a knife slash and his icy blue eyes that sparkle like diamonds. Actually, Diamond’s eyes being the color they were gave him the idea for the name. That and how he had an eye for diamonds.

Most of the clothes he owns look to be stolen, not because he’s a thief but because they actually look nice despite the tears and mud. Wearing a black shirt with puffy sleeves, the sleeves cover bandages that start at his elbow and go down to his gloves. When he doesn’t want people to see that he is a convicted thief, he’ll fill his right hand glove with cotton and tie it to the nub on his arm with the bandages to make the illusion of a hand. He’ll wear extremely dark green pants that are large and baggy and seem to absorb any dirt he may pick up. He wears black boots that go up past his ankles and are stuffed with wool. Over top his clothes, he tends to wear a navy blue poncho tied together with a pale blue ribbon. A small hood that shrouds his face is attached with careful and symmetrical stitching patterns along the rim. A pale leather satchel of equipment climbing out of it weighs him down slightly as the sash goes across his chest. Items like lock picks, dust bombs, candles, a bottle of ale, half-eaten stale bread, a small wooden lute with five strings, wooden carvings of each of the gods, and three of his knives are stored inside. Diamond carries two other knives as well: one hidden inside his boot and the other in a small pocket inside his pants. Each knife has its own purpose as well. The baselard in his satchel, the first of his knives, is old and rusting, practically more useless than it was originally since baselards are weak and mainly for show. There is also the carving knife he owns, but that’s for wood, not self defense. The other knife he has tucked away in his satchel is a poniard: a knife for stabbing motions that he nabbed off of a guard. The broken sheep shear that he keeps as a blade seems ancient but still glimmers in the light. It might not be made for slashing but it works well as a makeshift knife. The knife he keeps in his boot, an anelace, is not only his favorite, but the best knife he owns. With all his knives, it is easy to forget that he even has a wand, having pick-pocketed it from a mage. Then again, no one knows he is even a mage. He knows only a few spells and has mastered even fewer, but if word got out that he was also a mage? It would be disastrous.

Personality: Diamond is a bit of a cocky bastard but is also charismatic and caring. While he can be a bit bold and cautious with who he considers a friend, he is also uncareful and sometimes cynical of the world around him.

Diamond’s overconfidence stems from the need to make a show of everything. If he gains people’s attention and gives them someone to look up to, he gives them hope, smiles, and something to look forward to. Plus, his cockiness only grows with each successful raid. Of course, that all fades away in an instant when he is giving some of the goods he owns to others. He’ll pay for their food, donate to others, and repay any life debts he may own to someone. He’ll often be found doing just about anything to make others happy and for that reason and his friendly nature, he has made close friends with people in all corners of Tetra. Diamond’s charisma and charm also may turn things into being more than friendly as he can be a bit of a flirt and a tease, gaining some extra charm in knowing how to please anyone from his experience working at a brothel as a kid. These two sides of him, his thieving and his giving personas, might appear to be different sides of a coin, but they are both one in the same. His more theatrical and eccentric characteristics and more soft and caring merge together to form someone who loves to piss off and annoy the prideful rich but is willing to do anything to make the poor and less fortunate smile.

For someone who hates nobles, knights, and all things associated with them, Diamond is surprisingly religious. He always has a carving of each of the gods to make prayers to and, while he doesn’t tell anyone, he always prays to them at night for good luck in the morning. He has a reason to pray to each of them and though he doesn’t believe he deserves anything from them, he thanks them for what little they have given him.

While Diamond tends to be lazy and lax, Diamond may or may not have a bit of a quick temper when it comes to the topic of commoners, thieves, as well as the knights and lords. Diamond is extremely touchy about all of those topics. Recklessly throwing himself into any scenario and thinking more with his heart than his head can put one at a disadvantage especially. Despite his reckless tendencies and short temper on certain topics, he is often not the first to throw a punch mainly because he tends to be the one to push his enemy into striking first with his unending taunting and cruel remarks. Diamond’s short temper is also paired with his unrelenting stubbornness. Once he has his mind set on something, he will put his foot down and never let a single soul push his opinion one way or the other. This also helps to lead him into more arguments and disagreements. Though, because of his friendly nature, he tends to resolve arguments later or pull people into his way of thinking. When he isn’t getting flustered over certain situations, he is far too lazy, lounging around without a care in the world despite present dangers. In all, despite Diamond’s lax nature, he tends to be triggered by certain topics and his recklessness tends to show through.

Diamond might have his flaws, a ton of them really, but he still strives to do good, even if it means stealing entire homes for those he cares about. He doesn’t like depending on his friends though. Even those he’s known for a long amount of time, he will still be hesitant to ask anything of them. Diamond does want to do good, but he is also struggling at even doing okay.

Why are you on this quest? Diamond thought it’d be fun, he wanted to do something worthwhile, and he wanted to prove he was a better thief than Cassian in every way, shape, or form.

What do you think your worth is to the team? Being the best thief is obviously one of his best qualities. He also knows how to fight well, stealth, knows basic herbology, lock picking, pickpocketing, and is great at keeping morale high with music and stories.

What does your character think about themselves? Diamond openly hates himself if anyone asks, but he is confident in his abilities. He thinks he is a terrible person who will never be able to repay the debt that he owes to people.

How observant are you? Diamond is somewhat observant, not noticing things mainly due to his carefree energy and laziness. More people than anything else. Any change of tone, any doubts or lies, he always picks up on. Though, he is cognizant of his surroundings, always looking for danger if he is not in a safe place.

Have you broken any laws? Several.

What is your view on the Country Values? Diamond surprisingly loves the history of the country. Any glimpse back at history is an opportunity for stories and something nice and better to think about. Honesty is also a surprising value he shares despite being a thief. Diamond always tries to avoid using lies, only twisting the truth at best. Whenever he does tell a lie, it is only for the sake of storytelling. The concept of honor though… Diamond thinks it is entirely stupid and hypocritical.

Family: None that he knows of or remembers other than his dad. Even then, he only remembers his beard and evil, blue eyes.

Affiliations: TBD

History: Diamond was tossed to the curb by his father when he was four, growing up in the town of Willton as a beggar. He’d sleep in Paro’s church and always prayed himself to sleep. When he turned five, he realized there was only one thing he could do: steal. Stealing just to get by, he was eventually caught when he was seven, his hand cut off for his crimes. While in jail, he managed to escape but was quickly seen trying to escape. A guard slashed him across the face in an attempt to stop him from fleeing, but Diamond managed to get away and into a nearby river. That, ladies and gentlemen, was when he remembered that he didn’t know how to swim. As he struggled against the currents of the Will River, he made a prayer to Rusa that he’d survive the dangerous waves. He soon hit his head on a rock and woke up hours later on the shore nearby a farm where his story only continued further from there.

Other: He previously owned a dog named Quinn who he found in the streets and he was very much attached to.

———

RP example: (Here’s one I did a while back that is still continuing now. Not sure how good of an example it is, but I have more if needed!) Click!

How active do you expect of yourself to be in this RP? Very. I tend to hop on WP every day and I am generally able to post at least once or twice a week.

How willing are you to do research for this? Absolutely. Already did a ton of research in the making of Diamond.

Edited at January 26, 2022 09:52 PM by Determined_Wolf
Eleven from Tetra | Semi-lit to Lit | Medieval RP | ClosedJanuary 26, 2022 10:57 PM

Argos

Lightbringer

Give Award
Determined_Wolf, accepted!!
Eleven from Tetra | Semi-lit to Lit | Medieval RP | ClosedJanuary 27, 2022 12:32 AM

Freedom

Neutral

Give Award
May I reserve the experienced ranger?
Eleven from Tetra | Semi-lit to Lit | Medieval RP | ClosedJanuary 27, 2022 04:04 PM

Argos

Lightbringer

Give Award
Freedom, reserved!
Eleven from Tetra | Semi-lit to Lit | Medieval RP | ClosedJanuary 27, 2022 05:32 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
Can I reserve a thief place?
Eleven from Tetra | Semi-lit to Lit | Medieval RP | ClosedJanuary 27, 2022 06:24 PM

Argos

Lightbringer

Give Award
@LightMoonPack,
I am sorry, but both positions are taken.
Eleven from Tetra | Semi-lit to Lit | Medieval RP | ClosedJanuary 28, 2022 11:26 PM

Freedom

Neutral

Give Award

“Your life doesn't make sense to me. Explain it one more time."

Name

Bjorn Einar

Nickname

He doesn’t have any nicknames. Everyone just calls him Bjorn.

Title

None

Male

Sexuality

Heterosexual

Like most men who are past twenty-eight, Bjorn has already been married by now. In fact, his wife is back home now, running everything at home while Bjorn trains the novices.

Role

Experienced Ranger

How long have you had this role?

As with any young commoner boy, Bjorn chose his profession at fifteen. He was sent to be trained, and was appointed as a ranger when he was twenty-one.

What is your family motto?

“True strength from within.”

This family motto might be interpreted in two ways: one is that emotional maturity and intelligence are more powerful than brute strength. The other might be that to be truly strong, one must first master their fear and emotions to be internally strong. Bjorn’s family often chose to interpret it the second way.

Appearance

The first thing people notice about Bjorn is how tall he is. He’s simply enormous. Though it’s hard to tell exactly how tall, he must be at least a few inches over six feet. He’s not just tall: he’s huge. He’s well-muscled and broad-shouldered, with huge arms and stocky legs. His legs are noticeably bowlegged. He’s very fit, and obviously does intensive physical labor very regularly. His skin is generally fairly dirty, though not to the point where it’s disgusting. He has some scars, but none really stick out - they’re all medium-sized and not too deep. His neck is thick and his hands have long, strong fingers. His fingernails are dirty and look to have been cut fairly short with a knife. He has rough skin on the palms of his hands, with blisters and calluses.

Bjorn has slightly round eyes that slant towards his nose and are a bit small. They’re deep-set, so they’re often entrenched in shadows, showing only a gleam of reflected light. His lashes are short and thick. His nose is large and lumpy, crooked from having been broken several times before. He has a square-ish, broad face with rosy cheeks and a very strong jawline. His skin is rough and rather dirty. He also has crooked teeth with some small cavities visible, his teeth rather yellowed and very large. He has a small mouth with thin lips which is hidden beneath his beard. His eyebrows are large and bushy, nearly covering up his eyes. His forehead is broad, and his hairline is a bit high. His hair itself is coarse and a bit curly, but smooth and straight enough for him to be able to pull it back without much trouble. It’s untangled due to being tied back so tightly that it pulls his scalp back. His hair is pretty short, so he can just barely fit it into a small man bun at the back of his neck. His beard is much longer and more wiry than his hair, as are his bushy, bushy eyebrows. Bjorn’s beard reaches down to his chest, sprawled out in every direction and quite wild-looking. It’s a bit dirty but not disgusting and doesn’t have anything weird stuck in it. It starts in wild sideburns down from right above his ears, and splays out like it’s unaffected by gravity. He has a large mustache as well, which is large and nearly covers up his mouth.

Bjorn’s eyes are a liquid brown color, like melted milk chocolate. They have a gentle look to them, but this look can quite easily turn into a far more dangerous look. His hair is many-shaded brown, with a brown base color similar to that of his eyes: brighter and more earthy. But along the back of his hair and farther down, the brown becomes darker and less saturated. Some hints of blonde are present in his hair, like a haze of pale gold. The tips of his hair get lighter, and some mottled darkness can be seen even where the hair is lightest. In the sunlight, his hair bears a more blonde-brown look. His skin is a rough bronze, heavily tanned after years of working under the sun. It’s warm and in some lights it nearly matches his hair.

The clothing that Bjorn wears is all handmade by his wife, and she’s not a bad seamstress. The material is always rough - often coarse wool or animal hides - but the craftsmanship is very good. Large tunics trimmed with animal fur are common for him, along with rumpled trousers, large fur boots, and a flat cap with no feather. His clothing is mostly in beiges, tans, and browns, though some small amount of red and green dyes might be used on them. They fit him perfectly, and the stitching can be seen - it’s very neat. The furs are mainly large hoofed mammals such as deer, elk, and yak. For the most part he doesn’t have any accessories or jewelry. But he does have four wooden-carved rings. The largest is on his left ring finger, carved with a small figure of a woman and small vine patterns. Two smaller rings are on his middle and pointer fingers, bearing images of boys and with similar decoration. The last is incredibly small and thin, on his pinkie. It has no person on it but does have twisting vines. Bjorn also has a low-quality leather belt on which he keeps an eating knife, small wooden cup, small amount of medical supplies, and a small bag of dried meat. He has a low-quality leather quiver as well, and his bow and arrows are fairly well-made but definitely not top-notch. His bow is a longbow, often slung across his back. It’s made of yew, with a leather grip and curved lower limb, and a hemp string. The bow is plain, with no designs carved into it, and is a light sandy red. The arrows are made of aspen, with bone and antler arrowheads and goose feather fletching.

Personality

Bjorn, in general, is a person who prefers to be alone. Well, not totally alone, though he does need his personal space. Alone in the sense that he has only a few close people with him, no large crowds and no excessive interaction with people he barely knows. Maybe that was why he chose to be a ranger - so he could live on the outskirts of civilization, with only his wife and two sons to keep him company. When forced to interact with people, he’s not exactly shy - he’s a bit awkward and reclusive, but he doesn’t go out of his way to avoid talking to people. He’s not too talkative, but when asked a question or engaged in conversation he talks just about as much as anyone else. It’s just that he’s not often the one to initiate such interactions. He doesn’t volunteer himself for things like that, and usually when he goes to town to buy supplies he can’t get at home he just makes some small talk and moves on. He considers being friends with someone a big commitment, and won’t be friends with just anyone. They have to be as devoted to the friendship as he’s going to be.

Bjorn has a generally intimidating feel about him. Maybe it’s his incredible height, his more serious personality, his muscular build. Maybe it’s because he’s a ranger, and he’s a little uncivilized. Maybe it’s his quiet nature. People tend to be nervous around him, and sometimes he can get people to do what he wants without doing anything but just standing there. He’s very physically strong, and is knowledgeable about all things nature and survival. He was taught how to use a bow and arrow a long time ago, and it’s something he finds both enjoyable and practical. He’s a very good hunter, and his relationship with animals and nature is an interesting one. While he respects all aspects of nature, he has no qualms whatsoever about doing things like cutting down trees and killing animals. He doesn’t keep livestock, because he’s all about giving that sporting chance, but he keeps animals for labor and as pets. He has his rationale for this, and to him his life and the way he lives make perfect sense.

Bjorn’s a bit rough around the edges, socially especially. He’s a roughin’-it kind of guy, and he likes his life with a few good people and a lot of good hunting. He’s a man of simple tastes, though he doesn’t scorn anything fancy or elegant - in fact, he’s quite fond of it in small doses. He’s just content with what he has. He’s glad he lived his life the way he did, and he likes it the way it is now. He wouldn’t change anything if he could. Sure, his manners aren’t up to par, his education is pretty poor, and his job lacks glamor and respect, but at least he’s happy. That’s all he could imagine wanting, and he doesn’t understand people who do things that make them unhappy. He can understand doing it out of a sense of duty, or out of necessity, but no other reasons.

Although not terribly interested in leaving his wife and cozy home to train new apprentices, Bjorn is determined to give it his 100%. He didn’t really want to be training them in the first place, but if this is what he has to do, by gosh, he’s going to do it. Even if they’re hard to control and don’t pay as much attention as he’d like. While he’s not eager to be training any novices, he knows it’s important that they get good training - they’re the rangers of the future, after all. He’s already trained his two boys, and it was no easy feat, either. He’s very proud of the way they turned out. He tends to be incredibly proud of young people, no matter what they do. He wants to hear about their dreams and aspirations, and likes the idea that they have their whole lives ahead of them, to make up as they go. He respects young people who know what they want to do, even if that thing is just trying different things out to see what’s best for them.

Despite his more serious nature which he displays to those he doesn’t know well, he has a much softer side he shows to those he loves. He’s incredibly awkward, which makes some people uncomfortable and some amused. He’s not great at expressing closeness, but he gives it his all. He has a great big genuine smile, and when he’s happy, he’s fully and openly happy. When Bjorn is enthusiastic about something, he doesn’t care who knows how excited he is. Things he does, he does with all of his heart. When forced to interact with people for extended periods of time, he makes an effort to bond with them and get to know them. He doesn’t fully understand youth, but he tries hard to be able to relate to them. He listens to them, and he tries to talk to them about their lives beyond work. He doesn’t seem touchy-feely at first, but in fact he’s very affectionate with his family and close friends. He gets very attached to people, and may ask rather invasive personal questions out of curiosity - mostly about a person’s thoughts on themselves, their past, and morals. He just wonders how other people view the world, and how that point of view came to be. Things that others may wonder to themselves he simply says out loud.

Bjorn is a pretty tolerant person, and fairly open-minded. He may have pledged to keep Outcasts out of the kingdom, but he doesn’t seem to have much of a grudge against them. His job isn’t to catch criminals, nor to judge who deserves punishment. He knows a lot of criminals began their life of crime because of difficult circumstances and doesn’t agree with every law. He does wonder, though, how people justify harming others to help themselves. This is one point of view he can’t begin to comprehend. He makes it a general rule not to break the law, but might do so in dire circumstances. Bjorn’s tolerance, however, does not mean that he’s a pushover. While he’s fine with different types of people who have different lifestyles, he’s not fine with people who harm others only for pleasure or out of spite. And he’s not fine with letting himself be pushed around. He can get confrontational quickly, and usually he doesn’t have to do much to get people to back off - he’s a big guy. He’s alright with being insulted - up to a point - and knows when he’s being pushed, but he can’t stand for blatant cruelty towards him, his friends, or his family. He also reacts quickly to physical threats, and doesn’t bother trying to de-escalate before turning to intimidation. He could probably fight if he had to - he’s trained for it, after all - but in most interactions he chooses to rely on his image and avoid fighting.

How many other novice rangers have you trained?

Bjorn has been assigned to train a novice one other time - the two still keep in touch. He’s also trained both of his sons, one of whom became a ranger, though that doesn’t really count.

Why are you on this quest?

Well, Bjorn didn’t really want to come on the quest. His apprentices ran off, and he had to go after them. He was convinced to stick around and help out with the quest.

What do you think your worth is to the team?

Bjorn is a talented ranger, and he knows a fair bit about the Outlands, having lived near them for so much of his life. He knows how to survive difficult terrain and climate, and he can hunt, repair wounds, and craft simple items.

What does your character think about themselves?

Bjorn is okay with himself, and with his role in life. He’s happy living near the border with his wife, and he’s proud of the two sons he raised. He’s glad that he chose the profession he did, and he knows his family loves him for who he is.

How observant are you?

What with his job and the fact that he and his wife are self-sustaining near the border, Bjorn needs to be very observant. He has keen eyesight, and relies on his other senses as well. He’s always on the alert, ready to shoot down a deer or stop an Outcast trying to get over the border. But socially, Bjorn is quite a lot less observant. He doesn’t really notice things about people, and if they have secrets, he’s not the kind who can figure them out. He’d be fairly easy to trick or to lie to.

Have you broken any laws?

He may have fallen short of his family motto once or twice, might have left with a thing or two that weren't really his, but he’s never broken any laws to the extent that he would be considered a criminal. He’s not much of a law-breaking type.

What is your view on the Country Values?

Bjorn very much likes the idea of honor, of respect for all living beings and doing to others what you would have them do to you. He’s also fond of the idea of honesty, and generally strives to be honest in all he does, though he might tell harmless lies to save himself. He’s always been bored by history - his mother was a history buff, the kind who cried every time somebody mentioned arson. She was totally into it, and so Bjorn eventually lost interest.

Family

Mother: Mariana Einar

Father: Vetle Einar

Brother: Brodir Einar

Sister: Frida Einar

Maternal Grandmother: Lucilla Woolf

Uncle: Val Woolf

Wife: Muirenn Einar

Eldest Son: Ronan Einar

Youngest Son: Suni Einar

Bjorn’s family were all commoners, not too badly off but not wealthy either. Bjorn was the oldest of his siblings: he had a younger sister and a young brother. Unfortunately, his sister didn’t make it past the age of three. His father died at the same time. Mariana decided to ask her brother Val, who was twenty-seven and still unmarried, to help her with the household. Though rather unorthodox, this helped to stabilize things. Val raised Bjorn and taught him for the most part, but was disowned by Bjorn’s furious grandmother when he got to thirty-five and still wasn’t married. Bjorn met his wife when he was training to be a ranger, and they got married pretty quickly. Their first son was born when Bjorn was twenty-two, the second when he was twenty-five. He trained both of them and sent them off when they came of age. One is a ranger, not yet married, and one is a woodworker with a wife.

Affiliations

Ranger Trainer: Walter Runds

Ex-Trainee: Aedan Koyle

Current Trainee: Agnar Solefair

Current Trainee: Raywen Aevynar

History

For the most part, people don’t know too much about Bjorn: they just haven’t had the chance to ask. But his story seems pretty straightforward. His dad and sister died when he was young, leaving his mom to find help. She asked her unmarried younger brother, and he stepped in and helped to run the household and teach Bjorn and Brodir. Bjorn learned a lot about woodworking, but ultimately chose to follow a path as a ranger. Before he left, his grandmother disowned his uncle and he was marked an Outcast. Bjorn was trained by the ranger Walter Runds, and while he was training, he met his future wife, Muirenn. They courted for a bit, and got married fairly quickly. Bjorn completed his training and moved near the border with his wife. They built themselves a home and had two sons, who Bjorn trained and raised to adulthood. Anything else that needs to be known about him can be learned by asking him.

Other

———

RP example

https://wolfplaygame.com/forums.php?f=18&t=75031

How active do you expect of yourself to be in this RP?

I’ll be able to meet the activity requirements, but probably won’t exceed them.

How willing are you to do research for this?

I’m willing to do a lot of research! I love doing research for historical RPs! I don’t have a ton of time, but I already know a fair amount about the medieval times anyway.

Edited at March 13, 2022 07:26 PM by Freedom

Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2    3    4    5   ..   7 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us