Wolf Play : Tales of Leavalon: Resurrection | Fantasy | Open!
Chatbox
 Poe
09:35:23 
Lazy-
Yay! I think it suits her very well.
 BuggyOs
09:34:34 Bug-a-boo
Bjake
He told me he's getting a new one, so hopefully that goes well for him

Ice
I had my chromebook for 6 years before i got my current laptop
 Lazy Kingdom
09:33:57 Lazy, Crazy Cat Lady
Poe
:O I love that
 purdy
09:33:50 
ahhh! almost 80 paws!!
 Lazy Kingdom
09:33:37 Lazy, Crazy Cat Lady
Poe
Thank you <3, I forget why I even did it but it stuck :,).
 Poe
09:33:21 
Lazy-
Oh actually! I think Black Cherry would be cute for her :)
 Poe
09:31:53 
Lazy-
I donÂ’t have any suggestions off the top of my head, but I love that you have a theme for names. Very cute.
 icemoons
09:30:57 slushy,ice,moon,
bug, b jake

I have a cromebook that I use for school and it's so old by now, i've had it for like 4 flipping years now
 Lazy Kingdom
09:29:46 Lazy, Crazy Cat Lady
-WP Click-
ice cream names for her ^^?
Check den for taken names please <3
 BJake
09:26:12 Don't call me BJ.
@BuggyO
I feel bad for him
 BuggyOs
09:24:37 Bug-a-boo
Bjake
a guy sitting in front of my in my communications class yesterday has a computor like that
 BJake
09:24:00 Don't call me BJ.
Fuck i hate my stupid ass computer it sounds like a bullet train getting stopped by a fucking plane
 BuggyOs
09:22:58 Bug-a-boo
hey!
 Tech
09:21:47 
Hey Chat
 icemoons
09:20:35 slushy,ice,moon,
Quest Level 20

Expand your territory. Level up in the Swamp.

Completed: 0/10

➔ 1,000 Mushrooms 10 Party On! 2 Animal Skins Bundle
Turn Down

oh my God... that's gonna take a while,,,
 BuggyOs
09:19:40 Bug-a-boo
ET
yeah lol
 Eternity
09:19:24 ET
Buggy
Probably not! Especially not if it's anything like driving in London haha. Quicker to cycle than drive.
 BuggyOs
09:17:48 Bug-a-boo
Ice
yeah, I saved for a long while, but I also did a few adopts. I'm working on more to hopefully get my much hole stocked back up
 icemoons
09:16:59 slushy,ice,moon,
bug

50,000?!?!?! Holy shit that's awesome!
 Saint
09:16:27 
nux

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Cougar : +1
Snapping Turtle : -5
Death Adder : 0
    Winter   Night  Weather:  Blizzard  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2 

Tales of Leavalon: Resurrection | Fantasy | Open!December 3, 2021 06:49 AM

Cereal

Darkseeker

Give Award
Accepted. Griffins can live up to 150 years. <3

Argos said:

Name: Gavin Matthias Carline

Nicknames (optional): none for now

Code Name: Legion

Wanted Rank: Content

Where your loyalty is towards now?:

Gavin trusts his fellow knights who entered the black mist with him. Despite the code that he swore to keep, he lost all confidence in his country during the experimenting. They told him that they’d be able to serve better, but the pain of the experiments was a sign of betrayal to a him, a knight who was only faithful. But he wholeheartedly trusts his squad, especially since they battled through the horrid experiences together. Plus, a country can change a lot in a hundred years.

Appearance:

Gavin stands at five feet and ten inches. He has a lanky, long build to him, but he does have some (but limited) meat on those bones. He is built broader in his shoulders with just slightly smaller hips, making his torso a weird trapezoidal shape. His arms and legs are wiry and scrawny looking, but this man will give you a run for your money.

He owns a long, lean, oval face, covered with small freckles—especially on his nose. These were not genetic, however, but rather from spending too much time in the sun. His jawbones are not defined but are not hidden completely away with fat and skin. Rather, he is in the middle. He has downturned eyes which gives him a wistful or faraway look about him at first glance. However, you can see all sorts of emotion spring behind his dark, deep coffee-brown eyes. He is very expressive and his light haired, thin eyebrows will do jumping jacks all up and down his forehead. He has deep, rich, honey-colored hair, but not the light summery shade, rather the dim, thick, slightly mahogany coloring. Or in other words, he has dark brown hair that has a slight warm color to it. His unruly, wavy hair hangs down to about his chin which sometimes gives him a similar look to the Irish Setter, especially with his long, yet rounded nose. He keeps it, however, in a ponytail.

He has several scars, but only one on his face. This was his first scar during an unsupervised dual set up by the other squires of his class. It was him versus a boy who had teased him about his family’s background and history. While he received a single scar running from the top of the right side of his forehead, down to his temple, the other boy returned to his dorm covered in cuts and bruises. Other scars are from battle, a notable one is an ugly scar running down his left calf leg. He also has scars from the experimentation. Small puncture marks are on his arms, but they can only be defined correctly by studious about of staring. They seem like odd freckles or tattoos instead. He also has a small cut on each arm, almost symmetrical, from when they drew blood.

Personality:

•Unforgiving •Protective •Murderous •Quick-tempered •Impatient •Nurturing •Sacrificial •Expressive •Musical •Emotional

Gavin holds grudges and will rarely forgive an enemy. He despises betrayers and cowards and will not try his best not to associate himself among them. He is protective of his family which is now his squad given that his family is now dead. He will defend them with a fiery passion and will kill the offenders unless stopped. He can be quick-tempered and will try to hold some form of patience and kindness for the annoying person’s sake. He doesn’t like people who drag out stories or stutter constantly. Just get to the point already! He will participate in some small talk, but not excessive. He doesn’t like it when people skip around subjects, just keep with one and we’ll talk about it for a while.

Despite his outer appearance and no-nonsense personality, he is an old softie for creatures. He has a nurturing heart for when they are helpless and will do all he can in his power to help them. He has cared intently to different animals of all kinds; most of his experience is in farm animals, however. While he has little patience for people, he has more for critters. He will raise his voice when one won’t come to him when he means to help them, but will instantly soften his voice and apologize. He will take the time to train them and has dedicated a good portion of his life to them. He prefers their company over man’s because he’s both an introvert and they don’t judge you cruelly. Because equine were present during the battle of the black fog, he is a bit nervous and cautious of them now.

He is very loving towards his family. His love language is quality time and gifts. He will tend to them carefully and this is where you will see him the most lively. As his trust will be gained more in the squad, more of his teasing nature will pop out. He will still be hot-headed and his protectiveness strengthens. This carries on to sacrifice for them. When he gets betrayed, it burns like a branding iron pressed on tender skin because to be betrayed means that you had to have trust first. And with trust is a portion of love. He can’t control who he loves no matter how hard he tried in the past, so he doesn’t distance himself as he used to. He’s learned that it doesn’t work like that, so he doesn’t bother with it anymore. If it’s broke, fix it.

He is actually very musical and he can carry out a decent tune. He has a fine baritone voice that he used to sing soft lullabies to his children before the war. He’s also been known to play some simple songs on a gittern. He is expressive and emotional. Sometimes his emotions take over and he does things he later regrets, but he tries to make sure he doesn’t live with it. You can’t life in the present if you live in the past. A less talk and more action type of guy.

Griffin's Name: Beckett (nicknamed “Beck”)

Weapon(s):

Takedown Recurve Bow: Gavin prefers a distance weapon, that way he can’t see the life drain out of a person. He doesn’t like crossbows because they are ungraceful. The small, portable, pistol crossbows require a too-close range for a comfortable shot. Instead he uses a takedown recurve bow. It’s more portable than a longbow and he isn’t trained in how to use a horsebow. The limbs are strong enough for him to be standing 80 meters away and hit his target. He’s a good shot and pulls 70 lb.

Bastard Sword: However, he does need a melee weapon and so he also wields a bastard sword. This weapon is a one and a half sword. It can be used by one hand, but it takes special training and Gavin didn’t enroll in that. He uses it with two hands. It is mainly used for cutting and slicing. He doesn’t like to use it because it is messy, but it does the job and keeps him alive.

Two Knives: He has two concealed knives that he rarely uses. It is only there as a last resort.

Family (optional):

Everyone is dead because we are now 100 years in the future. Below is just their status before the black fog.

Father: Gawain Harper Carline (alive)-age 67

Mother: Serina Kaitlyn Carline (alive)-age 63

Older Brother: Charles Dean Carline (alive)-age 40

Sister: Winifred Ann Carline (alive)-age 36

Younger Brother: Trenton Randolf Carline (deceased)—died in war as a soldier on the front lines—age 30

Wife: Emily Winter Carline (deceased)—died during childbirth—age 27

Oldest child: Fauna Belle Carline (alive)—age 9

Younger child: Jasper Saul Carline (alive)—age 6

Allies: So far, only his squad

Enemies: He holds a stiff grudge to the Caimid Empire and he is now always biased of horses, swearing that they are all Kelpies. He also remembers The Abyssal Riders quite well.

Affiliations: Leavalon Empire

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Significant Other: Open!

Animals, the outdoors, quiet, fire, super soft things, music

Dislikes:

When people skip around subjects and drag on long stories, Magic (it’s too unpredictable), war, needles, the cold, blood

Strengths:

Accuracy: as said before, his accuracy is wonderful. Part of it is because he’s a natural and another is from practice.

Speed: he is fairly fast on his feet and he has an average amount of stamina to compliment this trait.

Loyal: when you become part of his family, he will die for you

Weaknesses:

Strength: he has back muscle for sure, but he doesn’t have a ton of bicep or size. He is a wiry figure who is surprisingly strong.

Easily Angered: because of it, he’s been known to nearly kill someone. He almost got kicked out of training because of the dual he had as a squire.

Impatient: he has little patience for humans and he tolerates little. He can come off as harsh and cold because he snaps.

Powers (Up to 5):

Theme: Putting things together/making things

Ranking: 0 is the weakest, 5 is the strongest

Recreation: Rank 4: He can reform a broken object to something similar to what it once was. It is not identical, but close. If you shattered your sword he could mend it. Broken glass? Fixed.

Healing: Rank 3: He can mend broken bones, cuts and stab wounds. He cannot help someone who has cancer or needs a heart transplant. He can’t help organs, diseases or some unique issue (like hemophilia). He can’t just change genes nor create things out of the blue.

Telekinesis: Rank 2: He can’t pick up big heavy things like mountains or homes. He can barely pick up a 160 lb man. It is useful to take your opponent’s sword. He can only use it to move one thing at a time, however.

Rock Sculpting: Rank 5: He can shape rocks into different figures and he can carve them decently. Arrowheads? He can make them out of any type of rock no matter the material. Need to camp somewhere for the night? That big mountainside over there can provide some shelter.

Bio (optional):

Carlines were always some form of little nobility. They weren’t big dogs, but they were better than middle class. They had comforts and leisure and their sons would all train as knights. They did originate as cheats and liars who first fooled people into believing that they were rich. Then they actually became rich from stealing and by tricking. Eventually they did straighten out, but the dark past haunts the family name.

Gavin started training as a squire from the age of ten. Before that, he spent his time playing with the farm animals that lived on his property. He tried his best to save a cat who had gotten mauled by dogs. Unfortunately it didn’t work. He spent time with the horses and trained one to rise up onto its hind legs on command. He kept a blind chicken alive for four years (it died of old age) and tended to a calf whose mother had abandoned it. It survived.

He was known among his peers as a hot-head and also a cry baby because he had a hard time keeping his emotions in check. However, after he dueled one of the more popular boys, as he had insulted the Carline name, he gained more respect. He also gained a steady eye from all the teachers and he had almost been expelled. The other peers gave him space. This happened at age 14.

He was 19 when he met his wife, Emily Winter. She was a little higher in class and status and was 18 at the time. She came down to see her younger brother sparring and Gavin was desperate to impress a pretty girl, so he challenged the most senior knight for a dual to the blood. Gavin got the scar on his calf from that, but he had caught her attention. After the medic took care of him, they talked a bit then again later on that week. Soon these talks became more frequent and a year later they were wed.

She didn’t make it past 26 years old due to their second child’s difficult birth. The child survived and was taken cared of by a nanny. When the war started, Gavin sent his children to their Aunt Winifred. He never saw them again, but after the experiment he was able to send them each a stone sculpture of a griffon.

Other: Just curious, how long do griffons live?

Tales of Leavalon: Resurrection | Fantasy | Open!December 3, 2021 06:58 AM

Cereal

Darkseeker

Give Award

Name:
Ivona Arcos Draghici

Nicknames (optional):
Arco
Iva

Code Name:
Wolf

121 (currently)

Knight-Lord

Wanted Rank:
Content

Where your loyalty is towards now?:
Ivona's loyalty is towards her allies, even if she doesn't show or say it. She's fiercely loyal towards the knights that were slaughtered and then devoured by the black mist. After waking up for 100 years, she has conflicting loyalty towards the Leavalon empire - she's unsure what to do now. Her opinion towards the experimentations brings internal conflict for the poor woman. She knows that it's a bad thing, but it's to make the empire strong.

Apperance:
Ivona is 5'8 in height with an average weight of 150 lbs. Her figure is an hourglass shape, she has a bit of muscle from her training and powers. Rounded shoulders with a decent amount of muscular biceps; to add, her leg muscles are visible but hide it with her clothing. With her baggy clothing on, she's a beautiful lean woman with a lovely bodily shape, but when she's in her training clothes, her muscles are visible. Luckily, her muscles aren't too big and well-formed, but it's still there.

Her face is diamond-shaped with well-rounded ears to match - with the addition of upturned eyes. The contour of her nose is straight, the base of the nose is raised a slight bit. On closer inspection, her nose is crooked, but it's hard to tell from far away. She has a horizontal scar on the bridge of her nose, small but still visible due to her tanned skin. Her eyebrows are arched in shape and dark in color: despite having winter-colored hair. Her skin was ivory in the past. Now, it's a light tan from training in the sun for too long. Her jawline is sharp and profound, with her chin slightly narrow with a couple of more scars along her skin. Speaking of scars, she has more gruesome larger scars along her body. Either from fighting in battles and the experiments that happened to her. She covers this up with bandages, embarrassed to reveal such gruesome things. Her hair is long and a tad bit wild from not having access to a hairbrush. To make herself look a bit more presentable, she braids the side of her hair - the braids tied up tightly. What makes her more unique is the color of her hair and eyes: the color of her hair is a frosty white, and her eyes are a pale purple. Around her neck is her brother's necklace, it was gifted to her before he left. A way to remember him while he's gone.

The shoulders are fairly pointy, short, and small in size. They're decorated with metal feathers covering both shoulder plates entirely. The upper arms are protected by chainmail rerebraces which sit perfectly under the shoulder plates. The lower arms are covered by vambraces which have a masterfully crafted upper bird beak attached on each outer side. The breastplate is made from one large piece of metal and crafted to mimic the appearance of muscles. It covers everything from the neck down and ending at the groin, but the shoulder area is fairly exposed to allow for more movement space. Under the armor is a plain tan laced-up shirt that is too large for the small woman. The upper legs are covered by pointed, half-covering cuisses. The lower legs are protected by greaves which have a large metal feather on each outer side.

Personality:
WIP

Griffin's Name:
Valerian (Val, for short)

Valerian is a harpy eagle and African wildcat hybrid.

Weapon(s):
Soteris: A german zweihander that was gifted to her by her older brother - a sword she holds dear to her heart. A very short, narrow, jagged blade made of diamond is held by a grip wrapped in gilded, ruby red salmon leather. With just a razor-sharp point this weapon is the ideal choice to turn your enemies into Swiss cheese. The blade has a spiked, straight cross-guard, which makes sure the blade is both balanced and capable of protecting the owner's hands against any sliding sword. The cross-guard has a basic cross on each side, which shows how ordinary this weapon is. A large pommel is decorated with a fairly common gem, commonness for a commonly made weapon. The blade itself is engraved. Seemingly strange markings are carved into the blade, but the blade will surely be decorated in battle. This weapon is used by the royal guard. An excellent weapon for the defense of the country.

Tycho: A goth greatsword that belonged to her father, but was given to her after he vanished. A very short, broad, curved blade made of obsidian is held by a grip wrapped in rare, black scaled leather. With just a razor-sharp point this weapon will cause your enemies to leak from thousands of holes before they even know what happened. The blade has a broad, curved cross-guard, creating the ideal weight balance to allow for smooth and accurate swings with this blade. The cross-guard has an elaborate orb on each side, this weapon wasn't created by just any blacksmith. A small pommel is engraved with the symbol of the house this sword belongs to, a symbol of true greatness. The blade itself is bare. No decorations of any sort are on it. While the hilt is as elegant as its owner, the blade has to be as strong as its owner. This weapon is used by higher-ranked guards. None deserve this weapon more than the greatest fighters of all.

Family (optional):
She had only one family, and that's her older brother. One day, her older brother left to join the army when she was around 16 years old, leaving her family's estate in her hands.

Cezar Ene Draghici (Older Brother; Dead)
Parents (Presumed Dead)

Allies:
Only her knight squad and her griffin.

Enemies:
Who doesn't hate the Caimid Empire? They're the worst and have been enemies for centuries. She has a new enemy to add to her list, and they're the Abyssal Riders. She has a new fear, and that is horses: thanks a lot Abyssal Rider. Being from a noble home: it is common for her to have enemies with other noble houses.

Affiliations:
Open (PM me)

Sexuality:
Straight

She can be picky on who she dates, so be aware if you're trying to woo her.

Significant Other:
Open (PM me)

Her griffin, Leavalon Empire (strained), training, her brother, sweets, children (she's kinda okay with them)

Dislikes:
Crowded places, loud noises, war, doctors/scientists, her powers, being alone

Strengths:
Strength: She has superior strength and can wield two greatswords with ease. She wears two bracelets around her wrist that suppress her powers. It's to make sure that she doesn't hurt others.

Brave: Ivona would never back down, despite the odds (which can also be her downfall). She doesn't cower away from snakes or spiders - if you want to pull such a prank, do better instead of those pathetic spiders on a stick tricks.

Protective: After her 100-year slumber, she's very protective of her comrades - considering them to be her little but crazy family. Hurt them in any way, then expect her angry sister mode to come out. Did someone break your heart? Let Ivona deal with them - she just wants to talk.

Agility: She's able to move easily and quickly without breaking much of a sweat. She's a fierce opponent in battle, with her strength aiding her immensely. If you need help with training, then don't hesitate to ask her - she'll help you any way she can.

Tenacious: Never ask her to give up on someone or something. You're unknowingly insulting her. She's not one to back down, even if the odds are against her. She easily gave up her brother long ago, and she'll be damned if she does it again.

Reliable: If you need help getting a job done, count on her completely. She's not one to leave a job incomplete, especially when it comes to helping her friends. She can do any job unless it requires her to kill an innocent person. If you ask such a thing, then you committed an unspoken sin.

Weaknesses:
Berserker Rage: A negative effect to her powers - once she's in it, it'll be hard for her to snap out of it. It happens when her bloodlust overwhelms her - making her go into a blind rage. Stay away when she's in her berserker rage as she won't be hesitant to attack you.

Silent: Ivona is the extreme silent type and would communicate with expressions. It's not the fact that she's mute - she gets nervous when talking with someone and would get easily flustered. Indeed, she is the master of reading lips, so be aware if you're talking trash about her. She can pick up on it.

Lonerish: She keeps her distance from the group and avoids eye contact. She'll be there for group meetings, but other than that, she'll stay away from everyone. Normally, she would be training alone somewhere secluded - a way to help her ease her mental troubles.

Reckless: Ivona charges into battle - she would target the strongest opponent without thinking. A dragon is burning down your village? Blink once and she'll be charging at the thing. A whole bunch of Caimid soldiers? Get ready for a tumble.

Shy: This is rather strange, but Ivona is extremely shy around people. Her blushing gets worse when she's around the opposite sex - then she'll blush some more, but be directed towards herself for blushing too easily. This is another reason why she keeps her distance from the group.

Powers (Up to 5):
Weapon Manipulation: She can create all sorts of weapons without much of a struggle. Need a spare sword? She's got you covered. A bow since yours broke? She's right on it. She can create bladed, long-ranged, and short-ranged weapons, but making too many drains her.

Combat Adaption: Fighting style, tactics, and abilities automatically adapt to be equal or superior to the opponent's style of fighting, whether armed or unarmed, making an opponent's attacks useless after the first few strikes.

Berserker: Empty oneself of all rational restraints in battle and completely immerse oneself in combat becoming a dangerous warrior for both friend and foe. Allows her to ignore fatal physical damage as if it never affected them and continue fighting with a frightening level of stamina while also being unpredictable and erratic in combat, making it hard to counter her.

Super Strength: As the name says, Ivona has inhumane strength that even Okohr is said to fear. She can wield heavy weapons and wear heavy armor without much of a struggle. She hasn't learned to control it, and to help her, she wears magic suppressing bracelets.

Increased Agility: Able to move quickly and tirelessly without putting much effort into it. She can move flawlessly, which can make her become an excellent dancer or athlete. If there was a tree-climbing competition where betting is involved - might as well bet on her.

Bio (optional):
Other:

Edited at December 3, 2021 09:42 AM by Plague Doctor
Tales of Leavalon: Resurrection | Fantasy | Open!December 4, 2021 12:34 AM

Freedom

Neutral

Give Award

Name

Ellar Otamr

Nicknames

Though Ellar doesn’t like people who’ve just met him using nicknames, he’s fine with nicknames from friends. Most people just call him Ellar, but once in a while somebody will call him El or Lars.

Code Name

Golden

Originally 30

Now 130

Male

Rank

Senior-Knight

Wanted Rank

Knight-Lord

Though he’s not really an overachiever and knows he lacks true leadership skills, he still can’t help thinking it would be nice.

Where is your loyalty towards now?

Ellar’s loyalty has always been to Leavalon, and his statement has been that it always will be. Is that at the expense of his fellow knights? Only time will tell. He trusts his kingdom to do what was best, and believes in the divine right of kings and that every monarch is led by divine forces. It’s a way of the gods intervening without taking total control. If his king orders something, he may not understand it, but he’s in no place to decide that he’s better suited at decision-making than the king. He does what his king says because he trusts him and believes that the greater good is always on his mind.

Appearance

Ellar has some native ancestry, which is only really distinguishable by his eyes and light accent. His voice is silky and fairly deep, and definitely the most attractive thing about him, though he’s not totally ugly. He’s just very practical about appearances and has a rather plain-looking face. His nose is wide and rather flat, and when he grins it always scrunches up. He has a wide mouth with large lips, and big white teeth that are in fairly good shape. His smile is wide and large and has big dimples. He has a broad face and large forehead, and his cheeks are rather round. He doesn’t have a particularly strong jawline. His ears are large but don’t stick out from the sides of his head, and his face has its fair share of scars, like any of the knights. The most prominent one splits his lower lip on the left and goes down to his chin. He has light stubble that grows too fast for his liking. It’s black, and when he can he shaves because he doesn’t really have time to maintain a beard. For the same reason his hair is cut very short. It’s a mess of very short hairs which just barely reach the nape of his neck, and he often slicks it back for formal occasions. Otherwise a more rugged look is fine with him, with wild and oily hair and dark stubble. Ellar’s eyes harken to his native ancestry, with large irises so dark that they appear black. They hardly seem to have any other color, and perhaps might be grey if they were inspected closer. They’re squinted and large, and have thick black eyebrows over them.

Ellar has never considered being overly-muscular or badly scarred to be anything unattractive, and he never tries to hide any of this. He weighs somewhere around 150 lbs. Although he’s not too tall, only 5’7,” he’s rather muscular and has a good build. His shoulders aren’t too broad, but his arms are strong and he has sturdy-looking hands with short but not too clean fingernails. He has a good deal of scars across his shoulders and collarbone especially, due to his close-up fighting style. His skin is heavily tanned and more brown than red, and he’s a well-filled-out man. He has thick, strong legs with flat feet and a somewhat triangular build, with his waist and legs narrower and his shoulders slightly broader. He has no problem with his scars, but mostly he just doesn’t pay them attention. They’re well-healed, though, or most of them are, and they seem to have been taken care of quickly. He has no scar from his death, though.

Ellar is commonly seen in something like noble’s garb, though not quite fancy enough to offend the upper classes. His clothing is bright and often incorporates aspects of the Fate-Walkers. He prefers comfortable clothing to any other type. But, of course, it’s the battlefield that really matters. His armor is heavy and allows for less flexibility than other armor might. It’s made of steel, and is heavy plate armor. He has a helm with a ridge along the front top in gold, and a heavy visor that he often wears open unless he’s actually in the middle of combat. His gorget is large and ornate. He has a thick breastplate which bears the blue and golden image of a lion-eagle griffin. He has pauldrons with golden ridges that match that on his helmet. His armor ends at the hands, with only light chainmail, and he has thick black leather gloves which allow him to more easily use his katar. His gauntlets are ornamental and ridged. His cuisse is smaller than usual, and he has ornamental graves and heavy sabatons. Swirling gold and royal blue patterns adorn the armor, particularly the gorget, gauntlets, and graves. Underneath his armor he has an arming jacket. Under his helmet he often wears golden makeup around his eyes, thick and made with actual gold dust (mixed with other powders). This is a common accessory for Fate-Walkers, and though difficult to maintain during battle, he takes special care to keep his makeup pristine.

Personality

Ellar is known as both a good person and a good knight, but these two things aren’t always compatible. We’ll start with the good person aspect and see how the good knight changes that. Ellar is an incredibly helpful and giving person, and he often goes out of his way to do nice things for people even if they don’t really want him to. He loves to give gifts, whether to his friends or to those he doesn’t know well. He doesn’t take no for an answer when it comes to gift-giving, and is always so disappointed by people who don’t want gifts he gave them that few people have the heart to refuse. He also gives compliments very often. He’s an easy, charming man when he’s off the battlefield, not exactly refined but incredibly friendly and generally well-liked by the citizens. He’s not known as the bravest nor strongest knight, but he’s just as popular because he’s considered the genuinely sweetest knight. He always thinks the best, and he’ll trust anyone no matter the circumstances - unless they’re already enemies, of course, because he shows no mercy to his enemies. But that comes later. He always remembers people’s names, and hates it when they don’t remember his. He always suspects people who use nicknames of not actually remembering his name. Despite his friendly nature, though, it’s hard to actually get close to him. Maybe this is because he has too many people and too little time, or maybe he’s just not really interested in making close friends. He trains just as hard as the other knights, but when it’s time to relax he relaxes fully, and his fighting self and socializing self are always neatly separated. Sometimes he seems to live vicariously through the other knights, always curious about their childhood but especially about happy and humorous memories. He’s no great storyteller, but he’s a great listener, and he doesn’t judge anyone for their pasts. He’s always been more caught up with the future.

Ellar may be all smiles and gifts when he’s not on duty, but the battlefield is another matter altogether. If there’s one thing about Ellar that’s never questioned, it’s his loyalty. Loyalty to the crown, loyalty to his kingdom, and loyalty to the gods. Never certain of his own takes on the morals and ethics of war, monarchy, and divinity, he follows what morals have already been laid out for the people. He follows the laws of the knights, and every rule is as sacred as scripture to him. His loyalty will only ever be to his allies and the empire. He would willing lay down his life - again - and if his resolve dwindled the first time, well, he would never say it out loud. He has few personal relationships that go deep enough to ever be an obstacle to his serving the empire. He hasn’t once backed down, not even in a battle where he could have escaped when he knew they had lost. Because valor is fighting a winning battle, right? Bravery is dying for nothing but your honor. And, of course, Ellar never shows mercy. He kills those who oppose him without a second thought. If he’s willing to die by their hands, so they must be willing to die by his. That’s what he says. He also follows the empire’s orders without question, and to him they will always be the moral high, what everyone should aspire to be. He looks up to the king almost like a father, with a reverence that extends across all of the king’s relatives. Assuming that the new king is a descendent of the old one, Ellar would trust them in their divine right as ruler. This sort of behavior is hardly unusual for the knights, but it hardly seems to fit with Ellar as he’s known among friends and colleagues. Some say it’s a dark side, some say it’s what makes him a good knight.

In regards to emotions, Ellar will let people walk all over him. He refuses to get angry, because he sees anger as an evil emotion. He may not be the calmest or most put-together person, but with a little effort he’s one of the calmest and most put-together in the group. Of course, in more physical matters, Ellar doesn’t hesitate to defend himself, but he tries not to get angry all the same. “Never fight angry,” that’s what he says. He also doesn’t tolerate anger from other people, even when justified, and often tries to insert himself into situations and calm people down. He can be a little harsh when he thinks people’s anger isn’t justified, not against telling them to shut up or slapping some sense into them. If people are angry at him, though, for reasons that don’t make sense, that’s when he has the most trouble controlling his temper. He mostly just leaves and doesn’t talk to anyone for a while if he’s too mad. If he ever does lose his temper, there’s the possibility of him hurting people, but he’s always mortified when he blows his top. It’s quite a rare occurrence, and nobody ever really expects him to get angry.

Another major personality trait of Ellar’s is his piety. The god to whom he swears his devotion is Cieus. He is a strong believer in fate, which is perhaps why he’s so very optimistic about all things in life. If it’s meant to be, what’s the use of shouting and raging against the gods? Although Ellar isn’t the kind to try and push his religion on others, he doesn’t try to hide it, either. He goes to the temples for all major holidays and on the first of the month, like any good Fate-Walker should. He’s interested in the ideas of reading cards and destiny petals, though he’s talented at neither. He contributes greatly to his temple and volunteers there often, and he’ll shamelessly wear the traditional golden eye paint of Cieus into battle to bring good fortune. And like many Fate-Walkers, he has a particular dislike for Okohr. Though this might not always fit well with his role in society, he disdains the god of war and chivalry even as he tries to embody those traits. His reasoning, of course, is that no god should clash with such powers as fate and destiny. He once had little regard for Xiarae, but his own experience with death may have changed that. But besides the traditional disdain for Okohr, Ellar seems unusually repulsed by Azaos. While he’s dismissive of Okohr, he seems almost frightened of Azaos. Nonetheless, he writes down each dream he has as though they could contain the meaning of life. His reactions to followers of Azaos vary wildly, but he never seems entirely comfortable with it. He’s constantly trying to tell his future, and is easily suckered in by those who claim to be able to do it.

Ellar isn’t particularly good at decision-making, and can be paralyzed by having to make a real, actual choice. Because, really, the knights don’t have many moral choices to make. He can make choices on the battlefield, he can talk to people without freezing, but when asked to make a big decision on his own, he has no idea what to do. This is why he could never be a really good leader. He’s definitely more of a follower type. He seems to need constant guidance, or something that dictates morals for him. Religion and the empire are the two things that do this for him, which is perhaps why he’s so loyal. Once he starts starting, choices start cropping up again. He likes the idea of fate, and seems most comfortable when he has no decisions to make and little free will. Some people find this odd, but if you’ve seen Ellar trying to decide between going to a tavern and going to a play, you’ll know that little causes him more stress than influencing his own life.

Griffin's Name

Hark

Hark is a female quail-cheetah griffin hybrid.

Weapon(s)

Skalm - This is an urimi which is Ellar’s main weapon. It must be well-maintained and is difficult to train with - fortunately, Ellar has had plenty of time to train. The sword’s blade, as with any urimi, has an extremely flexible blade which can be used like a whip. It’s five feet, and can be curled around the waist like a belt and secured, with the handle at the side like a normal sword. The hilt is iron, with a crossguard and thin knucklebow. It’s elegant and curvy, and there’s a disc-shaped flange around the pommel, which has a black spike. Obsidian is inlaid into the handle to form the symbol of Cieus, with light layers of gold forming swirling patterns. The blade is made of steel and is rather thin.

Skera - This is Ellat’s katar, used for closer range. This is especially good for getting through armor and doing quick attacks. This is kept in a sheath, and although there is another katar in a sheath on his right, this katar is, as far as anyone knows, untouched. Skera’s handle is, of course, H-shaped, and is made of gold with patterns carved along it. The blade is short and straight, and unlike Skalm, the blade is very thick and reinforced so it never shatters. It’s made of steel and tapers thinner at the end to get that armor-piercing ability.

Family

Lochina Otamr - Mother

Ellar’s mother was a devotee of Azaos, and she made her reputation in the town as an oracle. She was said to have been chosen by Azaos, and although her predictions were few and far between, every single one of them turned out to be true. When she had her children, though, people figured her days of fortune telling were over. She tried to claim they were given to her by the gods, but people weren’t buying it. She always resented Jamie and Ellar because of that, and got into card reading and drinking too much. She was a mystical woman who was always trying to contact the gods.

Jamie Otamr - Twin Sibling

Ellar’s twin, with whom he was very close growing up. Neither of them were very fond of their mother, and spent most of their time elsewhere. They weren’t identical, and in fact most people didn’t know they were twins. They were a very clever person, and a very studious and serious one as well, but they always had fun with Ellar.

Amadej Church - Father?

Although it’s not entirely certain that Amadej is Ellar and Jamie’s father, in all probability he is. He was never caught having an affair with Lochina, but the whole town can attest that they were unnaturally close. And Amadej certainly treated Ellar and Jamie like his children. He kept his distance but the way he looked at them it seemed like he wanted to be with them. When they befriended Nik, he tried to act like any other friend’s father, but he was warm and fatherly even when he tried not to be.

Malina Church - Stepmother?

This was Amadej’s wife, and if Amadej was fond of Ellar and Jamie, Malina made up for it by hating them. She didn’t want Nik spending time with them, and she would get into fights with Amadej over them. And fairly so - after all, it seemed he had been cheating on her. But she took out her anger on the twins as well. She was actually a generally pleasant woman, but when angered she was nasty as all hell.

Nik Church - Younger Half-Brother?

Nik was Amadej and Malina’s son, and was born with half a right leg. He was a bright and playful thing, and very much in charge of his own life. When Malina told him to stop hanging out with Ellar and Jamie, he simply refused. He was an excellent friend and a very brave boy, and Ellar would have a tough time deciding if he was closer with Nik or Jamie.

Allies

Ellar has plenty of friends, some closer than others, but this aspect of his life very rarely enters into his professional life and so the other knights are unlikely to know of many of his friends. He was never seen in the company of those who weren’t loyal to the crown, though. He will always be loyal to his empire.

Enemies

The Caimin Empire is Ellar’s main enemy, though now the Abyssal Rider may rank up there as well. Any forms of rebels and those who work against the king are his enemies. He doesn’t seem to have many personal enemies or, if he does, he doesn’t talk about them often.

Affiliations

Will PM everyone.

Arowyn Albright

Ellar gets along very well with Arowyn, and both share idealogy which makes it easy for them to be friends. They're very close, and consider each other as something like siblings, which to Ellar is theclosest he could be to anyone. They also work very well together on the battlefield, both in combat and regarding their powers, which easily feed off of one another.

Gavin Carline

These two were once very good friends, and saw each otehr through the academy and Gavin's marriage and the subsequent death of his wife. They might not agree on everything, but if they avoid talking about these things they get along just fine. Or they used to. Ever since the experiments, there's been some friction between them. They mostly just avoiding talking about it, act like nothing happened, and try to move on.

Sexuality

Homosexual

Significant Other

Though Ellar has never been seriously involved with anyone and was never married, he is attracted to men. He’s had obvious interest in a few people who he simply never pursued, although he seems quite interested in hearing stories of other people’s romances. He’s confused a few people who thought he was genuinely interested when he was only being nice.

Being a Knight

Reading Cards

The Empire

The King

Cieus

Giving Gifts

Making Friends

Hearing Stories

Sitting Around Campfires

Deep Water

Dislikes

Making Decisions

Heights

Fortune Tellers

Anger

Azaos

People Forgetting His Name

His Gifts Being Turned Down

People Who Speak Against the King

Rule-Breakers

The Color Yellow

Strengths

Close Combat - Ellar is good with a lot of kinds of fighting, but his very best fighting style is close combat. He’s a quick and precise fighter, and is good at both using his weapons and hand-to-hand combat. He especially likes to go after the ranged combatants while he’s covered and take them down with a fighting style they’re not experienced at. He goes in for the quick strikes and dances back out of reach.

Charisma - Ellar is a friendly person with an affinity for being around people, and he easily makes and keeps friends. It’s easy for him to charm people if he needs something from them, though this isn’t his main focus. He thinks swords are for fighting and words are for peace. He has plenty of friends - well, had plenty of friends. He also knows how to stay calm and put-together.

Piety - Though this may cause problems just as it might be considered a virtue, Ellar’s devotion to Cieus could possibly help him. Certainly it gave him a community to which he belonged before he died, and although it might be seen as odd now, he can only hope that Cieus sees him and helps him in small ways.

Using His Powers - While some knights are unhappy with their powers, some feel cursed and some betrayed, Ellar wouldn’t let such a small thing plant a seed of doubt in his mind. The empire only meant to protect its people, and Ellar was proud to suffer for their safety. As such, he’s focused quite a lot on his powers and on improving them, and is very talented at it.

Reading Cards - This is more of a silly little hobby of his, but Ellar likes to make and decorate reading cards, which are meant to tell the future. There is no standard array, and every deck is unique and only the person who made it knows what it means. Ellar has several of these decks, each with different themes.

Weaknesses

Blind Loyalty - Ellar’s loyalty to the king and to his god are stronger than his bonds with any people, and he’ll do morally questionable things for them. He sees them as the epitome of ethics and or doing what is right, and he can be blind when they do things that may not be just or kind.

Indecisiveness - Ellar seems incapable of making his own decisions, and is constantly looking to other people for leadership. When forced to make a decision, he takes forever and goes through a lot of self-doubt. He usually prefers for other people to decide things for him.

Ranged Combat - Ellar’s not much good with bows and arrows or weapons like that. Of course, he’s much better than any average person - he’s a Leavalon knight, for the gods’ sake! But compared to the others, his skills definitely need some brushing up.

Death - This may seem like an odd description, but Ellar has touched death and he seems to have lost his fear for it. And, in doing so, his empathy for others. He sees death as nothing to fear, and dishing out death as nothing to be ashamed of. He has no pity nor sympathy for those who fear death.

Fate Obsession - Ellar is quite convinced that his fate can be read out like a book, and he’s obsessed with being able to see what his future holds. He believes very much in fate and in the god who controls it. He might be easily duped by false fortune tellers and can be led astray.

Powers

Split-Second Precognition

This power is very difficult to control, and in situations where a few seconds is going to make a difference Ellar can rarely focus on making it work. It just shows up on its own, mostly when his adrenaline is high - or is about to be. It allows him to see a few seconds into the future, and is mostly used in combat situations. Despite his inability to use it effectively, it’s the power of which he’s most proud.

Energy Manipulation

This is far and away Ellar’s most useful power. He’s able to draw energy from living beings and use that energy for himself or give it to other living beings. He can also give his own energy. He can’t do this in battle, because he has to focus and the creature can’t move too much. This is most useful to give energy to himself and comrades during fights, and to keep people alive. If too much energy is removed or given, the creature may die.

Speed

Though this uses up a lot of energy, Ellar often has it to spare. Though in theory he can go as fast as he wants while using the required energy, he only has the energy to significantly speed up his maximum run and nothing more. This is especially helpful to dodge attacks and move around people to confuse them.

Bio

Here’s a quick overview: Ellar was born in a small village dedicated almost entirely to Azaos, and which was known despite its small size for having been blessed with three oracles since its founding. Ellar’s mother, Lochina, was one of these blessed oracles, and before she got pregnant she coasted along in life on her abilities to tell the future. But when she got pregnant with Ellar and Jamie, well, she no longer fit the one requirement for being blessed by Azaos. People turned away quickly, and Lochina was desperate to keep them from losing faith in her. She told them that her babies had come from the gods, but townsfolk were more sold on the idea that the babies came from her next-door neighbor’s husband. Although there was no proof either way, it seemed quite likely that he was the father. When Ellar and Jamie were born, Lochina was left to find a normal job and fall into obscurity.

Lochina often reminded her children that she never really wanted them and they were the reason she had lost everything. They never had a good maternal figure, but they could always rely on one another. They had fairly good schooling and were quickly indoctrinated into the religion of the town. Lochina was always trying to find ways to read futures without her blessing, and teaching Ellar and Jamie about reading cards and dream deciphering were some of the only times she seemed happy to have them there. Eventually, as it happens, Jamie and Ellar made good friends with some of the kids in town. Ellar’s favorite, though, was his next-door neighbor Nik, also suspected to be his half-brother. Nik was missing half a leg, and so had little chance to get out of the house. Instead, Jamie and Ellar came to visit him often. They also grew closer with the man thought to be their father, Amadej. Though his wife, Malina, hated them and was constantly telling Amadej and Nik to get rid of them, they felt more like a family in that house.

He started training young, alongside Jamie. The town, though culturally significant, was never well-defended, and Amadej was one of the few warriors. With so few role models, it only made sense that they would want to be like him, and his training of the two further pissed off Malina. Now, this next part is something Ellar’s kept mostly to himself, though his fellow knights he trusts enough to tell - or some of them, anyway. You see, it so happened that the town was searching for an Oracle to carry on their great legacy. It was years of searching, but one day a scout came home with a wild woman, Riven, who he claimed to have found alone and who had read his fortune. The town was overjoyed. There was partying in the streets that night, and the next day everyone had lined up to see the woman at work. But Lochina was disgusted, and she shut herself up in her house. Jamie and Ellar went with Nik and Amadej, and with the wild crowd and laughter it was like a carnival. Jamie and Ellar got around to sneaking through the back, like any normal child would do, and Riven, the woman with the white-blue eyes, told them their fortunes. To this day, Ellar can’t remember what Jamie’s was, but he remembers his. He remembers little eleven-year-old him being told he would do great evil in this world, a vile and needless evil borne of his own hatred.

Jamie didn’t believe it. Amadej didn’t believe it. Nik didn’t believe it, and Lochina said Riven was a fake. The word got around and people grew uneasy, but some laughed it off. Until other predictions started to come true. As much as the whole family tried to act like it wasn’t happening, Riven simply seemed to have the blessing. People started to drift away from Ellar. Nik and Jamie played on their own, and Amadej kept his distance. Eventually even Lochina believed it. And Ellar? He was the last to believe, but eventually he did too. At such a young age, with so little support, Ellar decided the best he could do was get it over with. He was a wild, lawless, and rebellious boy, but nothing he did ever came close to what he would call evil, and knowing that just made him more angry. He fought and stole a little and was a bully, but it stopped feeling freeing after a while. It felt exhausting.

When most people ask him why he joined the knights, he says it was for honor and goodness and all of that crap. And sure, it was in a way, but people who know him better know it has more to do with making up for something he hasn’t even done yet. He decided to leave once he’d burned himself out pretending to be a bad boy, and nobody tried to stop him. He didn’t know where he was going to go, but after some discussion with a tavern owner and a display of his skills, he was quickly taken under the wing of a knight who took him as squire. He trained and, as can be seen, he did very well indeed. His grown-up life lacks the luster of his childhood, and he’s grateful for that. Days seem to blur together in a way, with small incidents marring the dullness, with misunderstandings and injuries. He’s had a few relationships that went by too fast, done a few good deeds to be lauded, but in the end it seems that his life now is one with the empire. He’s made plenty of friends and he’s lost some too, but if he keeps living life fast, his days will be filled to the brim and indistinguishable from one another.

Other

Sorry this took way longer than I thought, I hope there are no problems.

Edited at December 5, 2021 06:02 PM by Freedom
Tales of Leavalon: Resurrection | Fantasy | Open!December 4, 2021 01:32 PM

Cereal

Darkseeker

Give Award
Accepted.

Freedom said:

Name

Ellar Otamr

Nicknames

Though Ellar doesn’t like people who’ve just met him using nicknames, he’s fine with nicknames from friends. Most people just call him Ellar, but once in a while somebody will call him El or Lars.

Code Name

Golden

Originally 30

Now 130

Male

Rank

Senior-Knight

Wanted Rank

Knight-Lord

Though he’s not really an overachiever and knows he lacks true leadership skills, he still can’t help thinking it would be nice.

Where is your loyalty towards now?

Ellar’s loyalty has always been to Leavalon, and his statement has been that it always will be. Is that at the expense of his fellow knights? Only time will tell. He trusts his kingdom to do what was best, and believes in the divine right of kings and that every monarch is led by divine forces. It’s a way of the gods intervening without taking total control. If his king orders something, he may not understand it, but he’s in no place to decide that he’s better suited at decision-making than the king. He does what his king says because he trusts him and believes that the greater good is always on his mind.

Appearance

Ellar has some native ancestry, which is only really distinguishable by his eyes and light accent. His voice is silky and fairly deep, and definitely the most attractive thing about him, though he’s not totally ugly. He’s just very practical about appearances and has a rather plain-looking face. His nose is wide and rather flat, and when he grins it always scrunches up. He has a wide mouth with large lips, and big white teeth that are in fairly good shape. His smile is wide and large and has big dimples. He has a broad face and large forehead, and his cheeks are rather round. He doesn’t have a particularly strong jawline. His ears are large but don’t stick out from the sides of his head, and his face has its fair share of scars, like any of the knights. The most prominent one splits his lower lip on the left and goes down to his chin. He has light stubble that grows too fast for his liking. It’s black, and when he can he shaves because he doesn’t really have time to maintain a beard. For the same reason his hair is cut very short. It’s a mess of very short hairs which just barely reach the nape of his neck, and he often slicks it back for formal occasions. Otherwise a more rugged look is fine with him, with wild and oily hair and dark stubble. Ellar’s eyes harken to his native ancestry, with large irises so dark that they appear black. They hardly seem to have any other color, and perhaps might be grey if they were inspected closer. They’re squinted and large, and have thick black eyebrows over them.

Ellar has never considered being overly-muscular or badly scarred to be anything unattractive, and he never tries to hide any of this. He weighs somewhere around 150 lbs. Although he’s not too tall, only 5’7,” he’s rather muscular and has a good build. His shoulders aren’t too broad, but his arms are strong and he has sturdy-looking hands with short but not too clean fingernails. He has a good deal of scars across his shoulders and collarbone especially, due to his close-up fighting style. His skin is heavily tanned and more brown than red, and he’s a well-filled-out man. He has thick, strong legs with flat feet and a somewhat triangular build, with his waist and legs narrower and his shoulders slightly broader. He has no problem with his scars, but mostly he just doesn’t pay them attention. They’re well-healed, though, or most of them are, and they seem to have been taken care of quickly. He has no scar from his death, though.

Ellar is commonly seen in something like noble’s garb, though not quite fancy enough to offend the upper classes. His clothing is bright and often incorporates aspects of the Fate-Walkers. He prefers comfortable clothing to any other type. But, of course, it’s the battlefield that really matters. His armor is heavy and allows for less flexibility than other armor might. It’s made of steel, and is heavy plate armor. He has a helm with a ridge along the front top in gold, and a heavy visor that he often wears open unless he’s actually in the middle of combat. His gorget is large and ornate. He has a thick breastplate which bears the blue and golden image of a lion-eagle griffin. He has pauldrons with golden ridges that match that on his helmet. His armor ends at the hands, with only light chainmail, and he has thick black leather gloves which allow him to more easily use his katar. His gauntlets are ornamental and ridged. His cuisse is smaller than usual, and he has ornamental graves and heavy sabatons. Swirling gold and royal blue patterns adorn the armor, particularly the gorget, gauntlets, and graves. Underneath his armor he has an arming jacket. Under his helmet he often wears golden makeup around his eyes, thick and made with actual gold dust (mixed with other powders). This is a common accessory for Fate-Walkers, and though difficult to maintain during battle, he takes special care to keep his makeup pristine.

Personality

Ellar is known as both a good person and a good knight, but these two things aren’t always compatible. We’ll start with the good person aspect and see how the good knight changes that. Ellar is an incredibly helpful and giving person, and he often goes out of his way to do nice things for people even if they don’t really want him to. He loves to give gifts, whether to his friends or to those he doesn’t know well. He doesn’t take no for an answer when it comes to gift-giving, and is always so disappointed by people who don’t want gifts he gave them that few people have the heart to refuse. He also gives compliments very often. He’s an easy, charming man when he’s off the battlefield, not exactly refined but incredibly friendly and generally well-liked by the citizens. He’s not known as the bravest nor strongest knight, but he’s just as popular because he’s considered the genuinely sweetest knight. He always thinks the best, and he’ll trust anyone no matter the circumstances - unless they’re already enemies, of course, because he shows no mercy to his enemies. But that comes later. He always remembers people’s names, and hates it when they don’t remember his. He always suspects people who use nicknames of not actually remembering his name. Despite his friendly nature, though, it’s hard to actually get close to him. Maybe this is because he has too many people and too little time, or maybe he’s just not really interested in making close friends. He trains just as hard as the other knights, but when it’s time to relax he relaxes fully, and his fighting self and socializing self are always neatly separated. Sometimes he seems to live vicariously through the other knights, always curious about their childhood but especially about happy and humorous memories. He’s no great storyteller, but he’s a great listener, and he doesn’t judge anyone for their pasts. He’s always been more caught up with the future.

Ellar may be all smiles and gifts when he’s not on duty, but the battlefield is another matter altogether. If there’s one thing about Ellar that’s never questioned, it’s his loyalty. Loyalty to the crown, loyalty to his kingdom, and loyalty to the gods. Never certain of his own takes on the morals and ethics of war, monarchy, and divinity, he follows what morals have already been laid out for the people. He follows the laws of the knights, and every rule is as sacred as scripture to him. His loyalty will only ever be to his allies and the empire. He would willing lay down his life - again - and if his resolve dwindled the first time, well, he would never say it out loud. He has few personal relationships that go deep enough to ever be an obstacle to his serving the empire. He hasn’t once backed down, not even in a battle where he could have escaped when he knew they had lost. Because valor is fighting a winning battle, right? Bravery is dying for nothing but your honor. And, of course, Ellar never shows mercy. He kills those who oppose him without a second thought. If he’s willing to die by their hands, so they must be willing to die by his. That’s what he says. He also follows the empire’s orders without question, and to him they will always be the moral high, what everyone should aspire to be. He looks up to the king almost like a father, with a reverence that extends across all of the king’s relatives. Assuming that the new king is a descendent of the old one, Ellar would trust them in their divine right as ruler. This sort of behavior is hardly unusual for the knights, but it hardly seems to fit with Ellar as he’s known among friends and colleagues. Some say it’s a dark side, some say it’s what makes him a good knight.

In regards to emotions, Ellar will let people walk all over him. He refuses to get angry, because he sees anger as an evil emotion. He may not be the calmest or most put-together person, but with a little effort he’s one of the calmest and most put-together in the group. Of course, in more physical matters, Ellar doesn’t hesitate to defend himself, but he tries not to get angry all the same. “Never fight angry,” that’s what he says. He also doesn’t tolerate anger from other people, even when justified, and often tries to insert himself into situations and calm people down. He can be a little harsh when he thinks people’s anger isn’t justified, not against telling them to shut up or slapping some sense into them. If people are angry at him, though, for reasons that don’t make sense, that’s when he has the most trouble controlling his temper. He mostly just leaves and doesn’t talk to anyone for a while if he’s too mad. If he ever does lose his temper, there’s the possibility of him hurting people, but he’s always mortified when he blows his top. It’s quite a rare occurrence, and nobody ever really expects him to get angry.

Another major personality trait of Ellar’s is his piety. The god to whom he swears his devotion is Cieus. He is a strong believer in fate, which is perhaps why he’s so very optimistic about all things in life. If it’s meant to be, what’s the use of shouting and raging against the gods? Although Ellar isn’t the kind to try and push his religion on others, he doesn’t try to hide it, either. He goes to the temples for all major holidays and on the first of the month, like any good Fate-Walker should. He’s interested in the ideas of reading cards and destiny petals, though he’s talented at neither. He contributes greatly to his temple and volunteers there often, and he’ll shamelessly wear the traditional golden eye paint of Cieus into battle to bring good fortune. And like many Fate-Walkers, he has a particular dislike for Okohr. Though this might not always fit well with his role in society, he disdains the god of war and chivalry even as he tries to embody those traits. His reasoning, of course, is that no god should clash with such powers as fate and destiny. He once had little regard for Xiarae, but his own experience with death may have changed that. But besides the traditional disdain for Okohr, Ellar seems unusually repulsed by Azaos. While he’s dismissive of Okohr, he seems almost frightened of Azaos. Nonetheless, he writes down each dream he has as though they could contain the meaning of life. His reactions to followers of Azaos vary wildly, but he never seems entirely comfortable with it. He’s constantly trying to tell his future, and is easily suckered in by those who claim to be able to do it.

Ellar isn’t particularly good at decision-making, and can be paralyzed by having to make a real, actual choice. Because, really, the knights don’t have many moral choices to make. He can make choices on the battlefield, he can talk to people without freezing, but when asked to make a big decision on his own, he has no idea what to do. This is why he could never be a really good leader. He’s definitely more of a follower type. He seems to need constant guidance, or something that dictates morals for him. Religion and the empire are the two things that do this for him, which is perhaps why he’s so loyal. Once he starts starting, choices start cropping up again. He likes the idea of fate, and seems most comfortable when he has no decisions to make and little free will. Some people find this odd, but if you’ve seen Ellar trying to decide between going to a tavern and going to a play, you’ll know that little causes him more stress than influencing his own life.

Griffin's Name

Hark

Hark is a female quail-cheetah griffin hybrid.

Weapon(s)

Skalm - This is an urimi which is Ellar’s main weapon. It must be well-maintained and is difficult to train with - fortunately, Ellar has had plenty of time to train. The sword’s blade, as with any urimi, has an extremely flexible blade which can be used like a whip. It’s five feet, and can be curled around the waist like a belt and secured, with the handle at the side like a normal sword. The hilt is iron, with a crossguard and thin knucklebow. It’s elegant and curvy, and there’s a disc-shaped flange around the pommel, which has a black spike. Obsidian is inlaid into the handle to form the symbol of Cieus, with light layers of gold forming swirling patterns. The blade is made of steel and is rather thin.

Skera - This is Ellat’s katar, used for closer range. This is especially good for getting through armor and doing quick attacks. This is kept in a sheath, and although there is another katar in a sheath on his right, this katar is, as far as anyone knows, untouched. Skera’s handle is, of course, H-shaped, and is made of gold with patterns carved along it. The blade is short and straight, and unlike Skalm, the blade is very thick and reinforced so it never shatters. It’s made of steel and tapers thinner at the end to get that armor-piercing ability.

Family

Lochina Otamr - Mother

Ellar’s mother was a devotee of Azaos, and she made her reputation in the town as an oracle. She was said to have been chosen by Azaos, and although her predictions were few and far between, every single one of them turned out to be true. When she had her children, though, people figured her days of fortune telling were over. She tried to claim they were given to her by the gods, but people weren’t buying it. She always resented Jamie and Ellar because of that, and got into card reading and drinking too much. She was a mystical woman who was always trying to contact the gods.

Jamie Otamr - Twin Sibling

Ellar’s twin, with whom he was very close growing up. Neither of them were very fond of their mother, and spent most of their time elsewhere. They weren’t identical, and in fact most people didn’t know they were twins. They were a very clever person, and a very studious and serious one as well, but they always had fun with Ellar.

Amadej Church - Father?

Although it’s not entirely certain that Amadej is Ellar and Jamie’s father, in all probability he is. He was never caught having an affair with Lochina, but the whole town can attest that they were unnaturally close. And Amadej certainly treated Ellar and Jamie like his children. He kept his distance but the way he looked at them it seemed like he wanted to be with them. When they befriended Nik, he tried to act like any other friend’s father, but he was warm and fatherly even when he tried not to be.

Malina Church - Stepmother?

This was Amadej’s wife, and if Amadej was fond of Ellar and Jamie, Malina made up for it by hating them. She didn’t want Nik spending time with them, and she would get into fights with Amadej over them. And fairly so - after all, it seemed he had been cheating on her. But she took out her anger on the twins as well. She was actually a generally pleasant woman, but when angered she was nasty as all hell.

Nik Church - Younger Half-Brother?

Nik was Amadej and Malina’s son, and was born with half a right leg. He was a bright and playful thing, and very much in charge of his own life. When Malina told him to stop hanging out with Ellar and Jamie, he simply refused. He was an excellent friend and a very brave boy, and Ellar would have a tough time deciding if he was closer with Nik or Jamie.

Allies

Ellar has plenty of friends, some closer than others, but this aspect of his life very rarely enters into his professional life and so the other knights are unlikely to know of many of his friends. He was never seen in the company of those who weren’t loyal to the crown, though. He will always be loyal to his empire.

Enemies

The Caimin Empire is Ellar’s main enemy, though now the Abyssal Rider may rank up there as well. Any forms of rebels and those who work against the king are his enemies. He doesn’t seem to have many personal enemies or, if he does, he doesn’t talk about them often.

Affiliations

Will PM everyone.

Sexuality

Homosexual

Significant Other

Though Ellar has never been seriously involved with anyone and was never married, he is attracted to men. He’s had obvious interest in a few people who he simply never pursued, although he seems quite interested in hearing stories of other people’s romances. He’s confused a few people who thought he was genuinely interested when he was only being nice.

Being a Knight

Reading Cards

The Empire

The King

Cieus

Giving Gifts

Making Friends

Hearing Stories

Sitting Around Campfires

Deep Water

Dislikes

Making Decisions

Heights

Fortune Tellers

Anger

Azaos

People Forgetting His Name

His Gifts Being Turned Down

People Who Speak Against the King

Rule-Breakers

The Color Yellow

Strengths

Close Combat - Ellar is good with a lot of kinds of fighting, but his very best fighting style is close combat. He’s a quick and precise fighter, and is good at both using his weapons and hand-to-hand combat. He especially likes to go after the ranged combatants while he’s covered and take them down with a fighting style they’re not experienced at. He goes in for the quick strikes and dances back out of reach.

Charisma - Ellar is a friendly person with an affinity for being around people, and he easily makes and keeps friends. It’s easy for him to charm people if he needs something from them, though this isn’t his main focus. He thinks swords are for fighting and words are for peace. He has plenty of friends - well, had plenty of friends. He also knows how to stay calm and put-together.

Piety - Though this may cause problems just as it might be considered a virtue, Ellar’s devotion to Cieus could possibly help him. Certainly it gave him a community to which he belonged before he died, and although it might be seen as odd now, he can only hope that Cieus sees him and helps him in small ways.

Using His Powers - While some knights are unhappy with their powers, some feel cursed and some betrayed, Ellar wouldn’t let such a small thing plant a seed of doubt in his mind. The empire only meant to protect its people, and Ellar was proud to suffer for their safety. As such, he’s focused quite a lot on his powers and on improving them, and is very talented at it.

Reading Cards - This is more of a silly little hobby of his, but Ellar likes to make and decorate reading cards, which are meant to tell the future. There is no standard array, and every deck is unique and only the person who made it knows what it means. Ellar has several of these decks, each with different themes.

Weaknesses

Blind Loyalty - Ellar’s loyalty to the king and to his god are stronger than his bonds with any people, and he’ll do morally questionable things for them. He sees them as the epitome of ethics and or doing what is right, and he can be blind when they do things that may not be just or kind.

Indecisiveness - Ellar seems incapable of making his own decisions, and is constantly looking to other people for leadership. When forced to make a decision, he takes forever and goes through a lot of self-doubt. He usually prefers for other people to decide things for him.

Ranged Combat - Ellar’s not much good with bows and arrows or weapons like that. Of course, he’s much better than any average person - he’s a Leavalon knight, for the gods’ sake! But compared to the others, his skills definitely need some brushing up.

Death - This may seem like an odd description, but Ellar has touched death and he seems to have lost his fear for it. And, in doing so, his empathy for others. He sees death as nothing to fear, and dishing out death as nothing to be ashamed of. He has no pity nor sympathy for those who fear death.

Fate Obsession - Ellar is quite convinced that his fate can be read out like a book, and he’s obsessed with being able to see what his future holds. He believes very much in fate and in the god who controls it. He might be easily duped by false fortune tellers and can be led astray.

Powers

Split-Second Precognition

This power is very difficult to control, and in situations where a few seconds is going to make a difference Ellar can rarely focus on making it work. It just shows up on its own, mostly when his adrenaline is high - or is about to be. It allows him to see a few seconds into the future, and is mostly used in combat situations. Despite his inability to use it effectively, it’s the power of which he’s most proud.

Energy Manipulation

This is far and away Ellar’s most useful power. He’s able to draw energy from living beings and use that energy for himself or give it to other living beings. He can also give his own energy. He can’t do this in battle, because he has to focus and the creature can’t move too much. This is most useful to give energy to himself and comrades during fights, and to keep people alive. If too much energy is removed or given, the creature may die.

Speed

Though this uses up a lot of energy, Ellar often has it to spare. Though in theory he can go as fast as he wants while using the required energy, he only has the energy to significantly speed up his maximum run and nothing more. This is especially helpful to dodge attacks and move around people to confuse them.

Bio

Here’s a quick overview: Ellar was born in a small village dedicated almost entirely to Azaos, and which was known despite its small size for having been blessed with three oracles since its founding. Ellar’s mother, Lochina, was one of these blessed oracles, and before she got pregnant she coasted along in life on her abilities to tell the future. But when she got pregnant with Ellar and Jamie, well, she no longer fit the one requirement for being blessed by Azaos. People turned away quickly, and Lochina was desperate to keep them from losing faith in her. She told them that her babies had come from the gods, but townsfolk were more sold on the idea that the babies came from her next-door neighbor’s husband. Although there was no proof either way, it seemed quite likely that he was the father. When Ellar and Jamie were born, Lochina was left to find a normal job and fall into obscurity.

Lochina often reminded her children that she never really wanted them and they were the reason she had lost everything. They never had a good maternal figure, but they could always rely on one another. They had fairly good schooling and were quickly indoctrinated into the religion of the town. Lochina was always trying to find ways to read futures without her blessing, and teaching Ellar and Jamie about reading cards and dream deciphering were some of the only times she seemed happy to have them there. Eventually, as it happens, Jamie and Ellar made good friends with some of the kids in town. Ellar’s favorite, though, was his next-door neighbor Nik, also suspected to be his half-brother. Nik was missing half a leg, and so had little chance to get out of the house. Instead, Jamie and Ellar came to visit him often. They also grew closer with the man thought to be their father, Amadej. Though his wife, Malina, hated them and was constantly telling Amadej and Nik to get rid of them, they felt more like a family in that house.

He started training young, alongside Jamie. The town, though culturally significant, was never well-defended, and Amadej was one of the few warriors. With so few role models, it only made sense that they would want to be like him, and his training of the two further pissed off Malina. Now, this next part is something Ellar’s kept mostly to himself, though his fellow knights he trusts enough to tell - or some of them, anyway. You see, it so happened that the town was searching for an Oracle to carry on their great legacy. It was years of searching, but one day a scout came home with a wild woman, Riven, who he claimed to have found alone and who had read his fortune. The town was overjoyed. There was partying in the streets that night, and the next day everyone had lined up to see the woman at work. But Lochina was disgusted, and she shut herself up in her house. Jamie and Ellar went with Nik and Amadej, and with the wild crowd and laughter it was like a carnival. Jamie and Ellar got around to sneaking through the back, like any normal child would do, and Riven, the woman with the white-blue eyes, told them their fortunes. To this day, Ellar can’t remember what Jamie’s was, but he remembers his. He remembers little eleven-year-old him being told he would do great evil in this world, a vile and needless evil borne of his own hatred.

Jamie didn’t believe it. Amadej didn’t believe it. Nik didn’t believe it, and Lochina said Riven was a fake. The word got around and people grew uneasy, but some laughed it off. Until other predictions started to come true. As much as the whole family tried to act like it wasn’t happening, Riven simply seemed to have the blessing. People started to drift away from Ellar. Nik and Jamie played on their own, and Amadej kept his distance. Eventually even Lochina believed it. And Ellar? He was the last to believe, but eventually he did too. At such a young age, with so little support, Ellar decided the best he could do was get it over with. He was a wild, lawless, and rebellious boy, but nothing he did ever came close to what he would call evil, and knowing that just made him more angry. He fought and stole a little and was a bully, but it stopped feeling freeing after a while. It felt exhausting.

When most people ask him why he joined the knights, he says it was for honor and goodness and all of that crap. And sure, it was in a way, but people who know him better know it has more to do with making up for something he hasn’t even done yet. He decided to leave once he’d burned himself out pretending to be a bad boy, and nobody tried to stop him. He didn’t know where he was going to go, but after some discussion with a tavern owner and a display of his skills, he was quickly taken under the wing of a knight who took him as squire. He trained and, as can be seen, he did very well indeed. His grown-up life lacks the luster of his childhood, and he’s grateful for that. Days seem to blur together in a way, with small incidents marring the dullness, with misunderstandings and injuries. He’s had a few relationships that went by too fast, done a few good deeds to be lauded, but in the end it seems that his life now is one with the empire. He’s made plenty of friends and he’s lost some too, but if he keeps living life fast, his days will be filled to the brim and indistinguishable from one another.

Other

Sorry this took way longer than I thought, I hope there are no problems.

Tales of Leavalon: Resurrection | Fantasy | Open!December 8, 2021 03:34 PM

Freedom

Neutral

Give Award
How many people would we need before we could start this?
Tales of Leavalon: Resurrection | Fantasy | Open!December 9, 2021 03:33 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
May I reserve a senior knight? If so, would a battlemage potentially work? If not that's fine, I can make some changes to the character I have in mind to fit a more traditional knight.

Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us