Wolf Play : Pirates vs Bounty Hunters | Semi-lit | 20-Limit | OPEN!
Chatbox
 Lazy Kingdom
09:38:10 Lazy, Crazy Cat Lady
Poe
It does ^^
 Poe
09:35:23 
Lazy-
Yay! I think it suits her very well.
 BuggyOs
09:34:34 Bug-a-boo
Bjake
He told me he's getting a new one, so hopefully that goes well for him

Ice
I had my chromebook for 6 years before i got my current laptop
 Lazy Kingdom
09:33:57 Lazy, Crazy Cat Lady
Poe
:O I love that
 purdy
09:33:50 
ahhh! almost 80 paws!!
 Lazy Kingdom
09:33:37 Lazy, Crazy Cat Lady
Poe
Thank you <3, I forget why I even did it but it stuck :,).
 Poe
09:33:21 
Lazy-
Oh actually! I think Black Cherry would be cute for her :)
 Poe
09:31:53 
Lazy-
I donÂ’t have any suggestions off the top of my head, but I love that you have a theme for names. Very cute.
 icemoons
09:30:57 slushy,ice,moon,
bug, b jake

I have a cromebook that I use for school and it's so old by now, i've had it for like 4 flipping years now
 Lazy Kingdom
09:29:46 Lazy, Crazy Cat Lady
-WP Click-
ice cream names for her ^^?
Check den for taken names please <3
 BJake
09:26:12 Don't call me BJ.
@BuggyO
I feel bad for him
 BuggyOs
09:24:37 Bug-a-boo
Bjake
a guy sitting in front of my in my communications class yesterday has a computor like that
 BJake
09:24:00 Don't call me BJ.
Fuck i hate my stupid ass computer it sounds like a bullet train getting stopped by a fucking plane
 BuggyOs
09:22:58 Bug-a-boo
hey!
 Tech
09:21:47 
Hey Chat
 icemoons
09:20:35 slushy,ice,moon,
Quest Level 20

Expand your territory. Level up in the Swamp.

Completed: 0/10

➔ 1,000 Mushrooms 10 Party On! 2 Animal Skins Bundle
Turn Down

oh my God... that's gonna take a while,,,
 BuggyOs
09:19:40 Bug-a-boo
ET
yeah lol
 Eternity
09:19:24 ET
Buggy
Probably not! Especially not if it's anything like driving in London haha. Quicker to cycle than drive.
 BuggyOs
09:17:48 Bug-a-boo
Ice
yeah, I saved for a long while, but I also did a few adopts. I'm working on more to hopefully get my much hole stocked back up
 icemoons
09:16:59 slushy,ice,moon,
bug

50,000?!?!?! Holy shit that's awesome!

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Cougar : +1
Snapping Turtle : -5
Death Adder : 0
    Winter   Night  Weather:  Blizzard  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2    3    4    5 

Pirates vs Bounty Hunters | Semi-lit | 20-Limit | OPEN!November 8, 2021 11:57 AM

Argos

Lightbringer

Give Award
Dark Moon, sorry, but the bare minimum for personality is 200 words. You can add the missing words to your form.
Pirates vs Bounty Hunters | Semi-lit | 20-Limit | OPEN!November 8, 2021 11:46 PM

Freedom

Neutral

Give Award

Name

Clinton Falconer

Nickname(s)

Those who are close to Clinton often refer to him as Clint, but his title is actually Lord Falconer. This title was granted to him by the king after his capture of Captain James Blackwood, the notorious pirate.

Male

Sexuality

Clint isn’t really interested enough in people for this to be a major consideration, but it’s not like he’s never been with anyone. He’s been with a few boys and a few girls, so bisexual seems most likely for him.

Pronouns

He, His, Him

Pirate or Bounty Hunter

Bounty Hunter

Which community are you a part of? Why?

Hound Bounty Hunters

Clinton’s mother was a Hound before him, and he grew up to look down on the Wolf Hunters. He hasn’t always agreed with the Hound Hunters, but he’s been a hunter for a long time and he would never leave them. It would take a lot for him to lose faith in the Hound Hunters.

Which port do you start at, at the beginning? Add reason why they are there.

The Paradon Port

Clint knows that all of the pirates are going to be headed straight for Sulva, and that being at the Paradon Port is the best way to head them off. He’s travelled a lot, but is from near the Rosar Port and isn’t as familiar with the Paradon Port as other places.

What crimes have they committed if any? Why?

As far as anyone knows, Clint’s only crimes have been against pirates - and since pirates have no legal protection, they aren’t technically crimes. He wouldn’t be able to get into the Hound Hunters if he had a criminal record.

How long have you been a bounty hunter?

Clint earned his official title as a bounty hunter only seven years ago, but had a lot of training before that and was allowed to assist others on small missions once in a while. He’s very respected among his peers, though his cases have often been more civil - trying to weed pirates out of society with the support of the crown. It’s made him very unpopular with lower-class citizens who support their families through pirated goods and who look up to pirates as a symbol of freedom.

Personality

Clint is a very uptight and closed-off person, and although he’s not totally without humor, on the job he tends to be very serious and focused. He’s a dedicated bounty hunter, and his dedication transcends his loyalty to the Hounds and his obligation to follow the law. He has little faith in the government, but he also has no patience for the relaxed and “lazy” nature of the Wolf Hunters. He has dignity and pride, and he holds himself aloof in many situations. He’s always put-together and has a high-and-mighty attitude that may be well-earned but is certainly not appreciated at all. He doesn’t talk down to people, but his ego is evident and he doesn’t appreciate being treated like he’s below someone, either. He puts up with taking orders only as long as it aligns with his own goals, and he’s definitely not a follower. He has no tolerance for pirates, whether they’re retired to make a home for themselves, are heavily involved in politics, or roam the seas like wayward savages. Of course, he has no tolerance for other kinds of criminals either, but being raised among the Hound Bounty Hunters, his focus tends to be on pirates specifically. He himself had a rough childhood, but is proud that he never resorted to crime of any kind to get by, and doesn’t see rough pasts as an excuse for crime. He’s known pirates and interacted with them, and may cut deals with small-time pirates to catch the bigger fish, but still has no sympathy for them. Clint has a very strict set of morals, though they might not always exactly follow those of the Hound Hunters and the government. When he was younger, he was far more intent on following the law exactly, but his recent disregard for the established rules has put him out of favor with the Hound Hunters. However, he follows their general train of thought: that those who break the law and harm others deserve to be punished. He follows the idea of “an eye for an eye,” which means that those who take lives deserve to die, and those who steal should have nothing, and so on. He’s extremely harsh to those who have committed crimes that they regret - they must be punished, and their supposed “guilty conscience” isn’t enough for him. He never believes in redemption arcs, and assumes that people are lying. But he also holds himself to these standards. He never breaks the law unless it’s to help him track down/punish somebody who’s already broken the law. He protects innocents and victims, and never harms anyone who doesn’t, in his mind, deserve to be harmed. Though he generally tries to protect innocents, he doesn’t go totally out of his way for it. He’ll help where he can, but he won’t lose a quarry by being distracted by bystanders. If given the choice between saving an innocent and capturing a notorious criminal, it’s not entirely clear which one he would choose. If Clint ever breaks a law unjustly or harms someone who doesn’t deserve it, he’s willing to take a punishment equal to his misdemeanour, and believes that’s only fair.

Clint is generally a person who tries to keep his emotions from influencing his decisions, but he’s not as successful as he’d like to be. Though he maintains a dignified demeanour and tries to remain neutral on matters of crime and punishment, the truth is that he’s just as driven by emotion as any other human being. He’s a very cynical person who has no great view of human nature, but he generally tries to avoid thinking about this by keeping himself active and focused on a set of morals that make sense to him. But one thing that he’s struggled with is his focus on vengeance. Once slighted or outdone, especially by pirates, he just can’t let go of it. He’ll go to great lengths to prove himself the better man, and may go farther than he intends. Consumed with one idea, he’s been known to lose his grip on reality and on the neutrality that he strives to maintain. He’s been lucky enough not to have this happen often, and not to have to do anything really unsavory to get his revenge. But the lengths he would go to to obtain revenge may be tested one day, and if Clint found out something about himself that he didn’t want to know, he’d have some big decisions to make. For now he tries to keep from letting his anger control him, and although his temper gets out of hand sometimes, he can usually get control of it. He has outbursts, but knows how to calm himself down. But when Clint is drunk he has a lot less control over his emotions. He usually just maintains a steady stream of alcohol throughout the day, not enough to get him really drunk. But some nights he overindulges and does things he regrets.

Clint has sharp eyes and a sharp mind, which are the reason he’s still respected among the Hound Hunters. He knows a lot about pirates thanks to his mother, who taught him most of what he knows about them. He’s also booksmart, and he loves to read. But more than anything, Clint is patient. He knows how to wait for things to happen, and he’s good at laying low and fitting in. He also has a great deal of connections and people who owe him favors, and he can always cash in on those. He doesn’t tend to rely on intimidation, but is capable of it should it be necessary. He has ways of getting around, and is in excellent shape. He’s always active and fit, and when he’s not on the job he likes to run, train, and play sports. Not only does it help him be ready to fight and sail, but it’s a good distraction for him and is one thing he truly enjoys. He’s a good sailor, which is a must for a Hound Hunter. If he weren’t, he couldn’t hope to catch any pirates. He’s worked as a boatswain and has taken over cooking duties quite a lot, but due to his resources is more often a captain now. Since he’s not a pirate, where the rank might be elected and decisions made together, this role is considered much more important than the rest of the sailors and he can override most of the crew’s decisions.

Despite his strict and uptight demeanour, Clint is actually very good with people. He’s not exactly charming, but he’s very polite and avoids getting into arguments unless his authority is undermined. He may lose his temper with people, but it’s infrequent and his good reputation and their respect for him usually override this. Clint tries very hard to be polite to all of those around him, even people he doesn’t like. He may be a bit rougher with pirates, but never outright cruel, not out loud. His actions aren’t always well-mannered, but his speech and mannerisms are civil and dignified. Although Clint isn’t known for his loyalty, he won’t outright betray a person. He simply has no attachment to any particular leader, but he will always give them time to find someone new if he feels the need to leave and never seems to be doing anything against them out of spite. He remains by the side of people who remain by his side, only because that’s what’s good and fair to do. He’s good at making and keeping friends. He doesn’t always fully trust his superiors, though, and although he’s never done a thing to go against the monarchy or the Hound Hunters, it can’t be assumed that he never would.

Clint is a particularly gullible person for a Hound Hunter. Now, you might be thinking “how can he be both cynical and gullible?” Well, truth is, Clint can only keep himself sane by trying his hardest to trust people. He doesn’t want to. He never fully believes it. But it makes him feel better when he trusts and it turns out alright. Though he so often doubts that it will. Although he’s naturally suspicious of people, those who work on him for a few days or weeks can often earn his tentative trust and, more than that, affection. He may not really trust a person, but if he likes them well he lets them get away with more. Of course, if they show all their cards or prove to be a pirate or criminal, he immediately turns on them. He considers this a betrayal, and it creates a fiery personal vendetta which he refuses to let go of. To him, this is the worst thing that could be done to him - to be charmed cleverly and betrayed right after. He’s told himself a few times that he won’t trust anyone again, but it never sticks. Of course, he’s not easy to win over those first few days. He’ll try to dig and see if you’re going to betray him, but if you get past that without getting caught, it’s smooth sailing from then on. Lying becomes easier and easier the longer you’re friends with him, though he’ll begin to investigate if the lies become too unbelievable. He’s no idiot. And if he already knows somebody is a pirate, he won’t trust them at all. But a little flattery will get someone a long way, and since Clint is often interacting with superficial people trying to get something out of him, taking it slow and easy is a good tactic. Clint isn’t totally unreasonable, and can be convinced to talk through things, though in situations with little time he won’t be stalled. He rarely comes around to anyone’s point of view, but he’s not unwilling to have a discussion. His pity can be appealed to, but he doesn’t tend to trust that kind of ploy. Clint is also a great lover of romance, but generally just stories or the idea of it. In fact, he shies away from having a romantic partner and tends to be oblivious to flirting.

Appearance

Clinton has a regal-looking face with high cheekbones and a slim but strong jawline. His nose is long and straight, and juts out from his face. He has a rather small mouth, and his lips are neither full nor particularly thin, but the lower one is slightly larger than the top one. His teeth are in fairly good shape, with only some hints of vague cavities towards the back, and he has a particularly long tongue. His skin is a very dark brown without much warmth to it. He has smallish, slanted eyes that are a dark brown that look black in most lightings. His eyelids are slightly heavy, and his eyebrows are slim and beautifully curved, black like his hair. He has a few scars across his face, which is very common among bounty hunters, but nothing which stands out predominantly. The scars themselves, however, are rather dark and nasty-looking due to Clint’s inability to dress his own wounds. His hair is long, going all the way down to his shoulders, and is fairly smooth but not in great condition. It’s brushed out but a bit coarse, clean but not sparkling. It’s shiny and black, and would be quite sleek if he took better care of it. Stray strands of it often get into his face and blow over his shoulders, which is why he mostly wears it tied back. His hairline is rounded and leaves a high forehead, and with his hair tied up with a leather cord it ends at the bottom of his neck. Despite being tied up, strands still pull themselves loose and get in his face, and it’s a constant irritation for him.

Clinton is a tall and well-built man, slim but muscular, in shape but a light lighter and thinner than would be expected. This hidden strength has served him pretty well to take people by surprise. He has thin but squared shoulders, a long neck, and long legs. He’s about 5’9”, very tall indeed, and has long fingers and dexterous hands that, despite their graceful build, don’t help him at all in hand-to-eye coordination. He has fingernails which are short, looking like they were trimmed with a knife, but not particularly clean. He’s obviously in very good shape. He has some scars on his body, particularly the upper part, and a gash across his left shoulder is the only scar that really draws the eye. Like on his face, most of his scars are badly-healed, though some are stitched up or have healed much better than the others. His feet are large but narrow, and his legs are in good shape but not too large. Clint is also in good health, and is neither emaciated nor badly mutilated in any way. It’s obvious that, while he’s not very well-off, he gets enough to eat and has it easy enough that he has time to work on himself as a fighter and grow strong not just from physical labor. Though thin, and perhaps not getting as much food as the noble classes would consider normal, he’s definitely not starving and has access to fruit and good meat.

Clint prefers to dress very simply. Although he bears the title of lord, this is honorary and the actual amount of bullets he has doesn’t reflect this. He could have chosen to have lands and bullets, but instead decided to keep going with the Hound Hunters. However, he does have access to more exotic fabrics and patterns thanks to his access to confiscated pirate treasure. Silk is something that he can get his hands on which few people have the privilege of owning. This is the closest he comes to pissing off the noble class, though, because the rest of his clothing is very subdued and plain. He often wears a woven straw hat that has a wide, slightly curved brim. He’s been through a few of these, and his current one is rather battered. He often wears a cream-colored linen or woolen shirt with puffed-out sleeves, and with that trousers and cloth shoes. But this is for when he’s on land. When he’s sailing, it’s another thing altogether. A large black hat, flat with a wide brim, is worn to protect his face and eyes. He wears a blue petticoat, half-buttoned and with a tail that reaches down to his thighs. A sash is tied around his waist, along with a thick, wide leather belt that holds his scabbard and the rapier that he owns. His trousers, a bright brown in color, are tight and reach up to his waist, but are hidden beneath his petticoat. Beneath his petticoat is an off-white canvas frock strung up along the collar and tucked into his trousers. When acting in the role of captain, he has tall prescott jackboots made of brown leather, but when acting as boatswain, he usually goes barefoot, as is common of most of the sailors. He never wears stripes. As is required of all Hound Hunters, every piece of clothing he has bears a strip of cloth with a black hound symbol stitched onto the left shoulder.

Strengths

Fighting - Clint is a very good fighter, particularly skilled with hand-to-hand combat. He’s in great shape and is well-trained, and he’s also not bad with a gun. He’s alright with daggers and has never quite gotten the hang of swords, but is still more talented than an untrained civilian. He’s also used to working through pain and is very strong, though maybe not as much as royal guards and knights.

Cooking - Due to his experience with cooking for his ship before they got an actual ship cook, Clint is pretty good at cooking. When confiscating pirate treasure, Clint gets a small portion and the rest goes to the crown. Besides the bullets he gets, he often chooses to get some of the exotic spices. He also loves to eat, and when other people are cooking he usually lingers around them and “fixes” things behind their back.

Connections - Clint knows a lot of people who owe him favors and some who are just willing to help him. He can get things done, get places quickly, and access resources he needs without much hassle. This also gives him a good reputation which helps to combat his struggles with the Hound Hunters and government. With the backing of the people, you can get quite a lot done.

Strict Morals - While some may not consider this a strength, the fact remains that Clint’s morals are strong, consistent, and overshadow all other moral codes imposed on him. He holds himself to the same standards, and he’s not cruel. He tries to be fair and reasonable, and his punishments always fit the crimes.

Patience and Intelligence - Clint is as smart as a bounty hunter would be expected to be, fairly clever but able to be outwitted by pirates and criminals. He’s a fairly smart person, though most of his intelligence is booksmarts. He has a pretty good education, and he likes to read very much. He’s also very patient, and can wait a long time to see his plans come to fruition.

Sailing - Like any good bounty hunter, Clint knows how to sail and how to command a ship. He’s worked mainly as a boatswain, but is capable of completing a number of tasks and is perfectly comfortable at sea. He’s had quite a few accidents on boats, most of them freak and out of the blue, but hasn’t let this make him afraid.

Weaknesses

Gullibility - Clint is a very gullible person despite everything, and though he doesn’t trust easily, once he does trust someone he trusts them completely. His suspicion can be overridden if he’s particularly fond of someone, as well, and he takes a long time to catch on to the lies of someone he considers his friend.

Vengeance - Clint is often motivated by a little more than his morals. He can hold a grudge like nobody’s business, and can be blinded by his anger when he’s after someone’s blood. He doesn’t give up on getting revenge, and will go a long way to get it. He can sometimes lose his temper with people who have done him wrong.

Alcohol - Although it’s not too uncommon for people to drink a lot of alcohol, Clint finds this a problem because he can wind up losing his temper when he’s too drunk. Generally it’s not a major aspect of his life, but the few times it causes problems it causes big problems.

Cynicism - Although Clint, once he trusts you, can be quite gullible, regarding humanity as a whole he has very little good to say. He’s had a lot of friends and supposed friends, and most people are out for themselves. That’s why he’s always excited when he thinks he’s found someone truly innocent. He knows he shouldn’t trust people, but he wants people to be good, he really does.

Hand-to-Eye Coordination - Clint is alright with a pistol, but his far-range aim needs some serious work. His dexterity isn’t amazing, but his balance is alright and he can usually handle heights alright. He’s no good at throwing things, and will often send whatever he’s throwing whizzing off five feet in the wrong direction. Though trained in archery, he’s no good at it.

Medical Skills - Clint’s ships have always had medics, and so he’s rarely had to dress his own wounds. When it comes to small cuts and injuries, he usually just leaves them along or wraps them up in something and then ignores them. He doesn’t have much knowledge beyond that.

Reading - Clint is especially fond of fiction and love stories.

Beer - Though he’s fond of many kinds of alcohol, beer from the monks near Castle Carda is his favorite.

Compliments - Clinton is a sucker for being complimented and flattered, and while he never seems to catch on to flirting, he still appreciates the praise.

Cooking - Clint enjoys cooking, though he’s often too busy to do it, and he’s always trying to domineer other people’s cooking.

Spices - Clint has access to a wide selection of spices, and likes to experiment with using them.

Training - To relax, Clint may practice fighting and work out. The physical activity helps him to release tension.

Sports - Races, horseshoes, horseback riding, hammer-throwing, and folk football are some of his favorites. He’s been known to play with people in his village.

Romance - Although Clint avoids personal romance, he likes romantic stories and likes the idea of happy endings.

Innocence - Because Clint has such little faith in people, he likes to see people who are truly innocent. He’s especially protective of young children and mentally challenged people.

Dislikes

Morals Being Imposed on Him - Though Clint would never outright disagree with the crown, he’s not adverse to bending some laws and telling some lies to punish people properly - he just has to be sure not to get caught. And he’s been known to disagree with the Hounds.

Pirates - A given, Clint hates pirates of all kinds, but especially pirates who have been pardoned or who live with a community and are protected by it.

Extreme Punishment - Though Clint supports “an eye for an eye,” he doesn’t support severe punishment for less-than-severe crime.

Blatantly Rude/Mean People - Clint always keeps his manners, and prefers it if other people do, too.

Being Slighted - Clinton can’t let go of being duped or slighted, and often thirsts for revenge.

Fish - Sick to death of fish, a major food of Carda, Clint prefers almost any other kind of meat. Of course, he rarely has any choice but to eat fish.

Excuses - Nobody can get away with making excuses or claiming they’re changed for the better around Clint. He never believes it, and thinks it’s a coward’s way out.

Seagulls - Like many sailors, Clint has no appreciation for seagulls.

Weapons

Flintlock Pistol - Though Clint isn’t great with most guns, he’s more familiar with this style. His pistol is sleek-looking and made of hardwood and metal, with a reddish-brown color to it and a shine to the metal. It curves gently and rests easy in the hand. Like most guns, it can double as a club. Though technically not allowed, if the pirates are going to have guns Clint won’t be outdone. He usually has this hidden anyway.

Rapier - This rapier is thin and sleek, much like his pistol. The metal is light and shining, and the handle is made of the same kind of metal, with straight, rigid front and rear quillons and a large, fantastically curved knuckles guard and thinner inner guard. The handle bulges slightly outwards, with a practically nonexistent turk’s head and a large, circular pommel.

Affiliations

Captain James Blackwood

Clint ran into the small-time pirate captain three times in his life. He was easily taken in by him the first time, and was unaware of his pirate affiliations. When he found out, it was due to the fact that he had been captured by the government but saved by a group of supporters. He went after Captain Blackwood himself, but was injured and evaded by him the first time. Nursing a grudge, he chased him down a second time. Civilians who relied on Blackwood for smuggled goods protested, but Clint killed Blackwood before the mob could reach them. This severe breach of protocol involving due process had him punished by the Hound Hunters on behalf of the king. The angry crowd rioted and had to be subdued. Clint doesn’t regret anything - he hated Blackwood with a passion and is glad to see the man dead.

The Head Hound

Though Clint hasn’t always gotten along with the leader of the Hound Bounty Hunters, they maintain a delicate balance that keeps them from becoming enemies. Clinton is obedient enough and smart enough not to challenge them directly, but they’ve been known to get into altercations. The Head Hound, of course, came out on top every time, and Clint was either punished or threatened with banishment from the group. Clint was far more fond of the old Head, which is partially why he has no little respect for the new Head.

Russell North

This merchant is known for cutting deals with pirates for safe passage and for his incredible wealth. He’s a very good person to know, and happens to be a friend of Clint’s. Although Clint knows he’s motivated mainly by greed, Russell also owes him more than a few favors, and Clinton can always count on him. Although Clint maintains a professional distance and doesn’t fully trust him, he happens to have a soft spot for the jolly cowardice of Russell.

Family

Mother - Molly Falconer

Clinton’s mother was a Hound Hunter before him, but he never knew her very well. She was a very dedicated woman who often infiltrated pirate ships and turned them over to the authorities. She was very loyal to the crown and impartial about who she turned over. If a pirate was pardoned, she no longer cared about them. For her, it was all about the job and making a bullet or two.

Father - Unknown

Clint never knew his father, though he was often curious about it and has gone out to look for him once or twice. Eventually he gave up and decided he didn’t really need a father who didn’t want to be there.

Grandfather - Wilkin Falconer

Since his mother was gone most of the time, Clint was raised by his grandfather, Grandpa Wilky. His grandmother died some years before he was born. Wilky was excessively poor, alcoholic, and jobless, but when Clinton talks about him, he seems quite fond of him. He was hanged for befriending a pirate.

Relationships

Terra

Clint has no idea who Terra really is - he hasn't connected her with the infamous Lady Terrable. He's run into her once in a while, but doesn't know her well. He happens to be the bounty hunter who got Terra's mother killed, but he has no idea about that either. He doesn't really keep track of those things.

Ross

Ross and Clint never got along - besides everything else about Ross, Clint can't stand that she's a Wolf Hunter. He doesn't trust her, and though he doesn't know about her past, he thinks every Wolf Hunter must have a few skeletons in their closet. They're constantly in competition, though Clint doesn't consider Ross a very noteworthy rival.

Ezra

Clint and Ezra may have heard of each other, but they've never interacted with one another. Clint hates Ezra simply by virtue of him being a pirate, and Ezra avods Clint simply by cirtue of him being a hounty hunter.

Derwin

Clint isn't too focused on catching ex-pirates when there are still actual pirates running around, but that doesn't mean he'd let Derwin off easy. No amount of remorse or changed ways will make Clint think that Derwin doesn't deserve to be punished for his crimes. He's heard a lot about Derwin from the Hound Hunters and from his mother.

Cassandra

Like with Ezra and Clint, Clint has heard of Cass and knows her by reputation, but hasn't met her. She avoids him as she avoids all bountry hunters, and she knows of him as well.

History

This is what people know:

Clint’s mother worked for the Hound Hunters, just like her parents had before her and like previous generations had. She had had Clint without knowing who the father was, and wasn’t prepared for him. She worked hard and long and was gone for months or even years on end. So she asked her father, a retired Hound Hunter, if he could care for Clinton. He agreed, and so Clint was raised mainly by his grandfather. They were very poor and had trouble getting by, but Clint prides himself on never having turned to crime, even when his grandfather got sick and he was the only one supporting the household. He wanted to be a Hound Hunter, but spent a lot of his youth working on the docks to make a bullet. He eventually got work as a powder monkey on a small-time trade ship, but he didn’t let go of his dream and as soon as his mother returned he quit that and started training as a Hound Bounty Hunter. He had no resources and no support, but he wound up getting his license through hard work and some schmoozing up to the right people. At first he was a loyal hunter who followed the law exactly, like his mother had always done. But something changed his mind, though nobody can be sure what it was. He developed his own kind of morals, and he soon got himself into trouble with the Hound Hunters for letting off young pirates who had yet to kill anyone. He was in the good graces of the forces of the government, though, and pandered to them instead. He caught himself a few pirates, but the one that he earned his noble title over was James Blackwood. Not too much is known about his personal life, and he’s still very young. His mother is again gone, and has been for a year now. The fear is that she’s dead or has gone rogue, and her lack of participation in the current race to finish off the pirates only makes this seem more glaringly obvious.

Other

None

Edited at December 23, 2021 11:49 AM by Freedom
Pirates vs Bounty Hunters | Semi-lit | 20-Limit | OPEN!November 9, 2021 07:14 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

Howler said:
Dark Moon, sorry, but the bare minimum for personality is 200 words. You can add the missing words to your form.

Alright, I think I fixed it
Pirates vs Bounty Hunters | Semi-lit | 20-Limit | OPEN!November 9, 2021 02:54 PM

Argos

Lightbringer

Give Award
Dark Moon, Freedom
Both characters are accepted!
Pirates vs Bounty Hunters | Semi-lit | 20-Limit | OPEN!November 24, 2021 03:40 PM

Freedom

Neutral

Give Award

I do hope we get some more on here eventually.

Pirates vs Bounty Hunters | Semi-lit | 20-Limit | OPEN!November 29, 2021 04:27 PM

Argos

Lightbringer

Give Award
So sorry, I just saw your post. Y'all are welcome to advertise as well. Btw I'm also going to edit my character some more.
Pirates vs Bounty Hunters | Semi-lit | 20-Limit | OPEN!November 29, 2021 04:29 PM

Freedom

Neutral

Give Award
Sadly, it's against the rules for me to advertise for you. But if nobody else joins and if Dark Moon's still interested, we could just do us three. We might want to make one more character each or something. Or we can just wait, more people may still join.
Pirates vs Bounty Hunters | Semi-lit | 20-Limit | OPEN!November 29, 2021 08:23 PM

Argos

Lightbringer

Give Award
Maybe
Pirates vs Bounty Hunters | Semi-lit | 20-Limit | OPEN!November 29, 2021 08:54 PM

Lost Legends

Neutral

Give Award

Name:

Rosslyn Vilteri

Nickname(s):

Ross, Rossie (only a select few are allowed to call her this)

Female

Sexuality:

Heterosexual

Pronouns:

She/her

Pirate or Bounty Hunter:

Bounty Hunter

*Which community are you apart of? Why?

Wolf Bounty Hunters Community

Rosslyn's main reason for joining this community was because of the lack of a background check. There are some aspects of her past that she would rather not hash up again, and that she would definitely not like to have to explain, especially because it wasn't necessarily her own fault. In addition to this she appreciates the more lax nature of this community and the relative freedom it offers her because of that.

Which port do you start at, at the beginning? Add reason why they are there.

Ganga Port.

As much as she hates the place, and tries to avoid it as best she can, Rosslyn grew up here and she still knows it like the back of her hand. Though she suspects many pirates who used to hang out there have since fled, there are a few well-hidden places where Ross is almost certain she will be able to rat out a pirate or two. Not to mention she hopes to settle a personal grudge in Ganga as well.

What crimes have they committed if any? Why?

Due to a series of unfortunate events, Ross grew up as an orphan living on the streets of Ganga Port. Because of this she did whatever it took to survive, namely theft. A group of kids she grew up with were involved in accidental murder case, and though Ross wasn't personally involved, she did know about what the others had planned. She also knew that if she was caught, she'd likely be charged with the rest of the kids because of her relationship with them, which is when she left Ganga Port.

How long have you been a pirate/bounty hunter?

Ross is rather young for a bounty hunter, having joined when she was only 18. She is on her 5th year as a bounty hunter and has built up a relatively solid reputation for a rookie.

Personality:

Rosslyn's demeanor is typically straightforward and blunt. She isn't prone to mess around, and is a determined and hard-working individual. She is rather clever, and houses a fast thinking mind. Ross is driven by the goals she holds for herself and firmly focused on moving forward. Because of this she tends to have a one-track mind at times, and she often comes across as a bit intimidating without necessarily meaning to. Though she has a bit of an RBF a lot of the time (Resting Bitch Face, for those who might not be familiar with the term lol), she is fairly polite and respectful, if not a little standoffish, unless someone gives her a reason not to be.

Rosslyn has a sense of dry humor that often surfaces when people least expect it. She's very good at delivering one-liners with a deadpan expression if she feels inclined to. She also does have compassionate and sympathetic traits, but given her tendency to hyper-focus on certain things this side of her tends to get buried every now and then, and she can be rather oblivious to the struggles of others. Once she does notice, however, Ross is swift to make amends and quick to help anyone if she feels they need it, or if her actions hurt them in some way.

Around people Ross is close too, she is able to relax a bit more. Often she doesn't realize just how uptight and stiff she gets when she is constantly moving or working on something, and with people she cares about and who she feels cares for her Ross is able to unwind a bit. She will be more sarcastic and amiable, and remember to smile and laugh even. For people she forms strong bonds with, Ross is loyal almost to a fault, and will drop anything to support them, no matter how busy she gets.

On the other hand Rosslyn doesn't often take risks or trust people she's just met, and can be rather close-minded about it at times. Ross can be vindictive, stubborn, and overly blunt in the wrong situations. She also has a hard time forgiving and forgetting those who have wronged her. Those acts stick in her memory and if the urges are not contained/controlled she will vehemently seek retribution.

Appearance:

Ross is a bit average in height and weight, about 5'7" and 145 lbs. She has a naturally athletic figure that's a little on the stocky end, and isn't as curvy as she'd like to be. She is lithe and flexible and in good physical condition. She has built good muscle, and as such Ross can pack quite the punch when she wants to. Her face is more round, with high cheekbones and a slightly squared jaw line, and a faint cleft in her chin. She has a small nose and full, even lips. Ross's skin is a warm beige, tanned from exposure to the sun, and she has small freckles dusting her nose, cheekbones, and the tops of her shoulders. Rosslyn's hair is long, reaching to about mid-back. Her locks are a warm dirty blond and slightly wavy. She often ties it back in a low ponytail or a braid as it drives her crazy to have her hair in her face. Ross's eyes are heterochromic; her left eye is a light blue, and her right eye is a pale sage green. However the shades are close enough that the difference isn't obvious in most situations, and many people are oblivious to the fact entirely.

Ross's clothing style is fairly simple, comfortable, and practical. The outfit she is most commonly seen wearing is a dark green, form-fitting shirt with quarter-length sleeves tucked into dark colored trousers. She has snug leather boots that rise halfway up to wrap around her calves. A thick leather belt on her waist contains her daggers in their respective sheaths, one on each hip. She has a one knife hidden in her right boot, one in sheath on a leather strap on her left thigh, and the last strapped to her upper left arm. Over her shirt is a sleeveless, hard leather halter top reinforced with metal that serves as a type of light armor protecting her vitals. She also wears fingerless gloves and reinforced leather forearm bracers. Over all of this Ross often wears a light, long coat that falls to her knees. It is waterproof, made of a dark, hardy material, and has a deep hood. It has a row of darkly stained bone buttons that allow the coat to be wrapped snugly around her and buttoned closed, but she often wears the coat open. Her Wolf Bounty Hunter emblem is worn on the right shoulder of her coat or just below the leather halter top on her shirt, just above her waist on the left side.

Strengths:

- A clear, clever mind, and is good at adapting to most situations while still keeping the goal in mind.

- Good at running and climbing, given she has great stamina.

- Excellent hand-eye coordination and reflexes.

Weaknesses:

- She doesn't like swimming, and has a fear of deep water.

- Physically, she can be fast, but only in short bursts. And while she does have quick reflexes, they can only be so quick, and her body might not react as fast as her mind does.

- Rosslyn isn't very good at pacing herself when her mind is occupied, and accidentally overworks her body.

- Ross's hearing isn't the best it could be. For the most part she is fine, but due to an old head injury she has a harder time picking up soft sounds. Ross can hear whispering, but has a difficult time actually catching the words if it is too quiet.

- Rain, but the more gentle, steady kind. Not so much hard driven, pelting rain.

- Warm food, with spice and lots of flavor.

- Adrenaline rushes.

- Fresh air (especially after it rains).

- The outdoors in general; open skies, wide fields, plants.

- Exercise and keeping herself fit and healthy.

Dislikes:

- People who complain often and expect her to do something to fix their own problems.

- Anything that tries to boss her around or dictate her life, be it people, rules, government, etc.

- Tight, enclosed spaces.

- Being underground for long periods of time, especially if she cannot see the exit or isn't in easy reach of one.

- Cats. The epitome of bossy, annoying creatures, in Ross's opinion.

Weapons:

Rosslyn is pretty decent with throwing knives and has three hidden on her person at any given time. The knives were more of a hobby that developed on accident more than anything, and the more she did it the better she got. It started out with a hand-made sling and stones, and that slowly developed into throwing sharper objects, like knives.

After becoming a bounty hunter, Ross began training with rapiers and daggers. She took to daggers much better than the rapier, and though she does still practice with it from time to time, she doesn't wear one on her person. In addition to her knives, Ross has twin daggers that she has become proficient at wielding. Her fighting style is upclose and personal, using her daggers and her combat skills.

Ross is also skilled in hand-to-hand combat, which developed out of a strong desire to be able to protect herself if the need arose, and especially when she determined that she wanted to be a bounty hunter. This was largely learned from careful observation and eventually solid instruction here and there.

Affiliations:

A few of the bounty hunters in her community, and maybe one or two in the Hounds.

Family:

Father: He was a pirate who got her mother pregnant during a visit to Ganga Port, left the same night and was never seen again. Ross doesn't know what he looks like, only that his name was Cael and that he didn't have a good reputation.

Mother: Rachel Vilteri, died of a sickness when Ross was only 5.

History:

Rosslyn was born in Ganga Port to her mother Rachel who was a waitress at one of the many taverns there. She never knew her father, but she he has always loathed pirates, partly because her father was one of a less than desirable reputation according to her mother, but mainly because she never had nice encounters with the ones who visited the port. Her mother did her best to provide for the two of them, but she was always stretched thin. She died when Ross was only 5 years when she caught deathly ill and never recovered. Rosslyn lived on the streets after that, finding other children like her and they banded together to survive. The old injury that affects her hearing today happened around this time, when she stood in for one of the other kids who was caught stealing. The vendor he stole from hit her viciously, and between the impact of his hand and her head hitting the ground, Ross's hearing has never been fully functional since.

After a theft scheme gone wrong that resulted in an accidental murder occured among Ross's group of kids when she was 10, she left Ganga Port with the money she had saved up. She survived by working odd jobs and traveling with caravans, eventually finding steady work with an old apothecary. Rosslyn decided she wanted to be a bounty hunter at the age of 15, and spent most of her time training until she officially joined the Wolfs community at 18.

Other:

Edited at November 29, 2021 08:58 PM by Lost Legends
Pirates vs Bounty Hunters | Semi-lit | 20-Limit | OPEN!November 30, 2021 09:16 PM

Argos

Lightbringer

Give Award
Lost Legends, accepted! Thank you for joining!

Forums > Roleplay > Sign-Ups
   1    2    3    4    5 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us