04:25:47 BewareWhoYouTrust
Still got Charon's Blessing lol
 Blood lust tide
04:24:52 BewareWhoYouTrust
Lovely name suits
-WP Click-
 kycantina
04:24:05 ky but it's spooky
Amy, I swear I better be winning that apple back with how much stress it's caused me
 Everlasting Torment
04:23:43 Anubis, Samael
Questin do fishing rods finsh at ro?
 Amygdala
04:23:04 Amy/Anpmygdala
Anubis
Lmao...i am not the one to come after you XD

I make mistakes every day
 Everlasting Torment
04:22:21 Anubis, Samael
Sorry howlers XD
 Amygdala
04:21:44 Amy/Anpmygdala
Anubis
Bowlers?
 Everlasting Torment
04:21:25 Anubis, Samael
I'd have to finsh my litters before I could worry about wrestling my highest wolves are on 51 hours Xad
 Everlasting Torment
04:20:34 Anubis, Samael
Thank you tor reminding me I think I need some more bowlers
 Amygdala
04:20:24 Amy/Anpmygdala
I would guess it's ky XD
 Everlasting Torment
04:20:00 Anubis, Samael
Oh no XD
 Blood lust tide
04:19:51 BewareWhoYouTrust
Amy
Nice

Most of mines wolves cover in blood with wired names
 kycantina
04:19:27 ky but it's spooky
Guess who didn't time her wrestling litter right and is now scrambling to buy a cranberry ;-;
 los campesinos!
04:18:43 she/her
-WP Click- criticism?
 Amygdala
04:18:33 Amy/Anpmygdala
Blood
-WP Click-

He is pretty...here is my blodd covered boy XD
 Blood lust tide
04:18:09 BewareWhoYouTrust
Your wolves played: Did you taste my blood growls and attacks are you bloodly crazys rump.
 Everlasting Torment
04:18:02 Anubis, Samael
Hey
 Salem
04:17:51 Bell
Paws?
-WP Click-
 Blood lust tide
04:17:15 BewareWhoYouTrust
Bloody boy
-WP Click-

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Black Panther : -1
Caiman : +1
Mountain Lion : 0
    Winter   Day  Weather:  Heavy Snow

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1   ..    15    16    17    18    19   ..   29 

~Non Sequiter and ElaysiaJuly 22, 2020 04:37 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award
She didn't feel as guilty about mindreading as usual. He was telling her everything that he was thinking, and his thoughts and emotions were super loud and hard to ignore. She hoped that he wasn't upset with her, but he seemed too tired to care. She tried to be a little comforted that he didn't think that would happen. It hadn't happened in the first sixteen years of her life, so it made sense that it wouldn't happen. She supposed it was true that she wasn't in charge of fixing his problems, but she wished she could. She'd forgotten that Eric had said that he tried. She found it a little sad, but she supposed it made sense.

She could see that he was going to argue about staying here. While she wasn't totally sold on the idea either, she didn't think he had anywhere to go. If he was going to stay in her room, she would be more cautious about the way they touched each other. "I know it's not the best idea, but you don't have anywhere to go. I don't want you getting hurt, because you didn't stay here. I know it doesn't fix everything, but one of us can sleep in the floor," she told him. She knew it would look really bad if they ever got caught, but Eric didn't have anywhere else to go.

At this point it was probably the time, when she should have told her parents. They wouldn't have been able to get mad at her now, but she didn't go tell them. At least she wouldn't have gotten in trouble. At least her mother would understand that Eric had a rough home life, and that he needed a safe place to stay. They both turned frightened toward the door, when it moved open. They were dead meat. She could see them being roasted now. Polly! Her limbs were shaky as she got up to bring Polly over.

She smiled amused as Eric held a cat. Did most people look that awkward when they held an animal they didn't have much experience with. She giggled with him. She leaned against him, when he reassured her that Daniel wouldn't bother her. "What would I do without my brave protector?" she smiled at him. She was a little teasing, and a little serious. If he asked either way she could always deny it. "But...what exactly caused you to beat him up? It seems a bit belated," she remarked wondering if she really wanted to know.

When she said the next thing, she felt her heart drop. She had ruined something by mentioning that she just knew it. The cat was disturbed and fell into the floor. She couldn't look at his face full of shock. "Oh," she snuck a glance at him to see what he was thinking. She noticed that he was nervous too, so she straightened up a bit. She nodded her head. It had made sense, and it was probably the right thing to do. She didn't say yay or nay about it, because she was afraid that she would make him feel bad or push him away accidentally. "I'm happy to know that you were going to ask. I probably would have said yes regardless of whether that was a good idea," she smiled at him, after deciding that she had something she could say, "But you made the right decision."

She sighed looking at him sadly. They had been so close to being in a relationship. However she wasn't sure how it would really change things other than you could do more physical affection. "Momma didn't talk to Daddy before she talked to me. That's why she didn't know. You don't mind that I asked do you?" She looked down and realized that they were holding hands, and looked back up at him. After all of this, she felt like she should remind him. He didn't have parents who told him that he was loved, so she had to do it.

"You know that I love you," she just said it as a statement. "Whatever happens I love you, and I want to help you." She thought he could use some extra encouragment. It didn't have the tone that she was meaning romantic love. It was just love. She giggled with him. She was beginning to get tired, and she wanted to lay down and continue to talk or go to sleep. She flopped onto her pillow. "Ahhhhhhh." She moved her blankets so that she was covered and yawned.

"I'm not going to sleep yet, but I am sleepy. Anything else you wanted to say?" She gave him her most annoying smirk, "Yup. Yup. I gift you.....the floor to sleep on. I may love you, but you aren't getting my warm bed. I also rob you of your chance to be gallant." She moved over so he could lie down beside her. It would be awkward trying to talk to him if he was on the floor and she was up on the bed. If he didn't want to lie down beside her, he could sit there. While she had found cuddling relaxing the last time she had been crying, for some reason she felt like it would be a bad idea to do here.

They had been just as lone and unsupervised at prom as here, so it was probably about the same amount of temptation. She was too innocent to know if beds or cars would make it harder to resist. The car had been more cosy, but a bedroom was normally more private. Frankly, the thought of her parents walking in on them was chilling enough to wipe out any real chance of that happening. She could feel sleep weighing heavily on her eyes. She checked the clock and realized that she would normally be fast asleep. How long would they plan on staying up? She wondered if Gunner was okay, but she knew Eric couldn't do anything to help, and she didn't want to worry him.

~Non Sequiter and ElaysiaJuly 22, 2020 10:29 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

She leaned up against him, teasing him lightly with her words, saying that he was her brave protector. He scoffed a little at how it sounded, giggling quietly. "I just don't know," he responded, the teasing obvious in his voice. He was making it sound over dramatic and helpless. "What would you do without me, your brave knight in shining armour." He smiled at her, and for the first time tonight his bright blue eyes were mostly happy.

She asked him why he had beaten Daniel up, and why so late. He paused, unsure if he should tell her. She was already nervous about facing him again, and if he knew that he had still been talking about her and still thinking about trying it again....he wasn't sure how she would take that. "Well I was still furious at him for what he did, and I kept thinking to myself that there was no way I was going to let him get away home free after what he did to you." he said quietly. "The more I thought about it...the more I reasoned with myself. Just let it go." He swallowed.

"I went to the school to do weights over break, and some other guys went too. Daniel was one of them. Everything went pretty well until we left the building and then..." He trailed off, shrugging. "He and a couple guys started talking about you and what happened, and they were encouraging him to do it again. He didn't back down or argue with them, which in my mind meant that he was more than willing to try again." He looked at her. "That was enough to light my fuse." He shrugged. "He's got a broken nose and a lot to think about now."

He gave her a small smile as she said she probably would have said yes to being his girlfriend regardless of what had happened. "I figured." he said quietly. "Which is why I chose not to. It's better to wait and figure out emotions before thrusting yourself into a new experience where lots of emotions will be present and thrown in your face."

She clarified that her mother hadn't talked to Michael before saying any of that, and it really cleared the picture up. He nodded. "That makes a lot more sense." he said. "Of course I don't mind," he told her softly, dipping his head at her with a playful look on his face that said, You should have known that by now. He smiled calmly at her as she said that she loved him, a good reminder that he really needed. He knew she wasn't implying romantic love, not in this instance, and he was okay with that. Because at least someone loved him in some way, and he was glad she did.

"I know." he whispered to her, his expression unknowingly becoming child-like again, making him look a lot more innocent and young. "I love you, too. I'll always be here for you." After a brief moment, she dramatically flopped back onto her pillow, letting out a long breath, and then yawning. She shifted so her body was wrapped in her blankets, and he grinned at her, still sitting in the same spot.

He had a feeling that he should go. He should just crawl out of the window and leave. A quick flash of lightning reminded him of the storm outside, but he was sure that he could make it home safely. He glanced over at where she'd set his clothes to dry, and for a moment he was really considering getting up and leaving. He didn't want her to get in any trouble, and more importantly....he didn't want to make a mistake that they both would regret.

He shook his head as she asked him if there was anything more he needed to say, and he smirked right back at her. Two could play at this game. "My chance to be gallant has been robbed," he stated, and then promptly fell forward, landing with a soft thump in the spot that she'd made for him. He wrapped his arms around her from behind, and started to tickle her sides playfully, orneriness lighting up his eyes.

He was tired, too, but for once he was actually happy. And if she really thought it best and wanted him to stay...he would risk that for her. But he wasn't going down without a fight. Since he knew her parents were in bed and asleep, he didn't want to get too rowdy or rambunctious, but...she'd started it. Right? He laid one leg across hers so she couldn't accidentally kick him in a place he would really rather not be kicked, and rolled over a bit on top of her.

Not in a sexual manner, but in a playful way that you could almost see a young child doing with an older sibling while playing. "Your brave shining knight in armour is choosing not to be so gallant tonight," he said a little flirtatiously at her, looking down at her face. "A challenge is a challenge m'lady...and I accept." He grinned at her and rolled back over, wrapping his arms around her tightly and bringing her with him.

If she'd thought in any way that he was going to be his typical, gallant, do the right thing kinda guy...he would oppose that just to prove her wrong. He would never do anything to hurt her or take advantage of her, but she also did need to see this playful ornery side of him too, because he had a feeling that if they got together as an official couple someday....he would be showing this side a lot. He wouldn't want to be all quiet and nice and shy and then pull a complete 180 on her. So here he was! He had different sides to him, and this was one he hardly ever had the chance to show. Because he hardly ever was this happy.

Even though he was tired, even though he was still internally upset at his father and what had happened...Kailey always, always made things better. She didn't even realize how fast she could do it, too. He hadn't been here more than an hour, and already he was done crying and his depressed and high anxiety mood had switched to this.

She didn't realize how special she was.

Edited at July 22, 2020 10:32 PM by Elaysia
~Non Sequiter and ElaysiaJuly 23, 2020 08:55 AM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award

She smirked at his reply with how dramatic he was being. Even this late at night they still found the energy to tease and be playful. She was tempted to reply that she would have gotten a full nights sleep, but she didn't want to sound rude. However, it was a good comeback. She wasn't too surprised at what he first said, but it confused her why he would decide to go beat up Daniel. If he did it at prom it would have made sense. He was sure to have gotten in trouble doing it in front of so many witnesses.

Would they even take into account what Daniel had been doing or was he favorite enough to be protected? She froze a little as he told her what had happened. Would he be lurking and waiting for her? Was it some sick desire of his or peer pressure? She had never identified the reason. For some reason that wasn't what she had expected. She would definitely use all of her powers to avoid him, and she wouldn't go near him without Eric. She began to feel her nerves start rising, and she tried not to think about it.

It would be nice to have Eric in her room for the night. He was much more solid and could scare away stuff than Polly. She shuddered that guys would encourage each other to do that. Hopefully, a broken nose would be enough to warn him off and away forever. ""Oh," was the first answer that came to mind. "I think I needed to know that even though I feel like shrinking away. I will definitely be more cautious," she admitted a little dolefully. If he was that determined could he asuault her in the office.

"Yeah...." Her voice had become subdued, and she ducked her head hurt and embarassed."I'm going to need my knight in shining armor, so that I can walk around the school. I might not make it by myself." She smirked, "It looks like I'll be freaking out and crying without you. I may need a new fresh source of food," she too obviously hinted. "At the very least ducking around and running everywhere." She never had a social life before. Had it really come to that? What if Eric got sick, and couldn't make it to school?

She had to agree with Eric about his decision of her becoming his girlfriend even if it made her a little sad. It at least showed that he had some wisdom and common sense. She wondered when they would get the chance next time. Even though something vague like this wasn't something they could work on. They were both getting the little larger picture now that they had put some of the pieces together. She supposed his facial expression was deserved to her. She should know that. Why was it so hard to remember?

Her smile lessened a bit, when he whispered that he knew. He was becoming childish and adorable again. To break up the serious moment she flopped backwards. He needed a smile. She heard him thinking about leaving. "Sorry. You can't now. You opened a bunch of squiggly worms, and wake me up in the middle of the night. I might lose sleep being worried about you. I won't know if you are okay. Where would you go anyway? We also talked about some heavy topics, which could keep me awake or scare me," she pointed out half being serious half joking, hoping that in reality she wasn't that pitiful.

She could keep making up excuses if necessary. She did want to point out that he would be sleeping on the floor. She flinched a little as he flopped beside her. she hadn't expected him to flop quite so much, and the fast movement had startled her. He wrapped his arms around her, and she almost panicked, but she began to laugh. Her first instincts were to thrust out as hard as possible and be loud, but she managed to keep her laughs muffled and to control how far she kicked. How were they supposed to stay quiet?

While there were much more embarrassing positions to be found in, this would be awkward. He laid one leg across her, and she wasn't sure why. She had forgotten how wild it was, when she began to kick out randomly. He rolled over on her a bit, and she stiffened. She felt a little trapped, and she wasn't sure if she could get out from under him. While she knew he wasn't trying to hurt her, she still felt fear. It was terrible being afraid that she would hurt her best friend's feelings.

She tried to swallow down her anxiety, but her eyes were only widening with panic. When he looked at her, she tried to smile and disguise her unease. Her voice sounded tight, and she could feel tears wanting to well out of her eyes, and she barely managed to hold them back. Her lips were tautly pinched together. "How did I challenge you?" She was beginning to wake up again between fear and laughter. She blinked in surprise at him flirting with her. She had thought that made him slightly uncomfortable.

He was awfully cheerful for someone who had had a meltdown recently. If she hadn't felt his feelings, she wasn't sure what she would think of him. "What's going on?" her voice was cautious and bewildered as he rolled her. She couldn't ever remember not wanting to be in Eric's arms, but tonight at this moment she was feeling frightened. She felt out of control and normally being embraced by him made her feel safe. She didn't want to tell him to leave her be or that she was afraid.

It made her feel like a wimp and something was wrong with her. She tried to wriggle out and make herself feel more free, but she was too scared that he would feel hurt. Besides that he had her trapped pretty well. After seeing him cry she hadn't expected to meet such a playful side. She did her best Gollum wail, and almost forgot to keep her voice down, "You've deceived me. Master has deceived us." How had he gotten this happy? She tried her best to sound playful and hide her increasing fear.

"Eric," her voice sounded timid, "Could you please get off? I feel trapped." She could feel tears welling up, but she was determined to hide them. She didn't want him to know how upset it made her feeling trapped, because she knew he wasn't doing anything to hurt her. Perhaps the darkness would hide her tears. Her quavery voice was harder to hide. "You're a big lump," she patted him on the shoulder. She didn't want to make them both upset and crying again. That was never fun, and it made it harder to go to sleep later.

~Non Sequiter and ElaysiaJuly 23, 2020 10:49 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

He was glad that she was going to be more cautious around guys like Daniel. It could be hard to spot, and intentions could be hard to figure out, but with an ability like she had it shouldn't be too hard for her. Especially if she really started paying attention and being aware of those around her. He felt a lot of pressure suddenly be added to his shoulders as she began saying that she could freak out and cry without him there. What if he couldn't make it to school one day? What would happen once he graduated and went off to college? She would definitely be on her own then.

But he felt a surge of protectiveness, and that pressure on his shoulders vanished. As long as he was here, as long as he was able, he would do his best to be here for her, watch out for her, and protect her from dangers like these. It was then that he realized just how long he'd been protective of her. From the first day he'd met her, when she showed up in a cast, everything he did since then revolved around that and trying to avoid hurting her anymore in any way.

Then it had just been a crush, but even still he'd felt this unnatural sense of protectiveness around her, like it was his job. She started to point out reasons why he shouldn't leave, and he just smiled, shaking his head. He found himself wondering yet again...

Why is she so cute?

At first, after he'd grabbed her, she laughed. She joked around a little, using her best Gollum voice, and he almost flinched, hoping that her volume hadn't woken her parents. He'd felt her body begin to tense just before she spoke, and he instantly felt a huge wave of guilt. Maybe he shouldn't have done this...

But she hadn't been scared of him before, had she? The night of prom they sat in the car together and she had been fine. At least, he thought she had been. She'd kissed him, and he had never once felt her tense up or try to get away during that. She spoke his name, and his hold on her loosened even more. He knew his expression probably looked nervous and confused, but he couldn't help it. He couldn't hide that he really was scared that he'd done something wrong, that he'd blew it, that he'd done the one thing he never wanted to do. He didn't want to scare her, he never ever would want to hurt her, and he sure as heck didn't want to lose her as a friend. What if he just did?

He felt awful, and he could hear the quavering in her voice. He just nodded, sliding slowly and gently off of her. "I'm sorry," he whispered. He was still overwhelmed and confused, and now he was starting to get scared. Was there going to be another whole new wave of rules and boundaries that he wasn't allowed to cross now? Because she would be scared of him? He hoped not. How was he supposed to know now whether or not he should still be considering asking her to be his girlfriend if she was scared of him?

If she didn't want him touching her, or getting close, should he even be planning on asking her such an important question? He knew relationships weren't all about physical touch, but physical affection was something that he really wanted and valued. He didn't really know how to show his love for her other than doing small things or writing notes. Words could mean anything, actions were what proved it.

Maybe not doing anything would show more than doing. Especially if she was scared and didn't want him too close to her. She patted his shoulder, calling him a lump, but he still couldn't find the energy or mindset to smile. He had just been being playful, but that had seriously backfired, and the more he thought about her tensing up, flinching away, he cursed Daniel for ever doing what he did.

If it wasn't for his stupid move, that stupid thing he pulled...she wouldn't be scared of her best friend. "I'm sorry," he whispered again, scared now to do anything. Now more than ever he was considering leaving. The window was right there, he could get up and leave. Maybe he could find someplace in the park to sleep. Sure, it would be cold and raining, but it wasn't worth it to keep making mistakes here and scaring her. He felt terrible. He was angry at himself, and furious at Daniel.

Never once had Eric even considered trying to take advantage of Kailey, and surely she had seen that it wasn't his intention, right? "I just...." he trailed off, his heart starting to beat frantically as anxiety began to take over. He'd ruined things.

You blew it. His mind spat nastily at him. You blew it. Leave now, before you make things worse like you always do. Leave her alone, she hates you now. Leave!

"Maybe I should go," he said, his voice wavering and breaking a little. He didn't want to cry, he'd cried enough. Enough tears had been shed, but he really felt like doing so. He'd scared her, he'd put her in a position similar to what Daniel had done, and she probably was scared of him now too. So much for being her protector.

~Non Sequiter and ElaysiaJuly 23, 2020 12:30 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award
Even though it sort of sickened Kai sometimes knowing people's intentions, it would help keep her safe. Sometimes it was hard being privy to everyone's problems, and she couldn't do anything about it. It made saying hello to random strangers or waving to them easier though, because she knew that would cheer them up. She would be able to extricate herself from awkward situations before they became serious. She hoped that she would get over freaking out eventually. Hopefully, this was just a phase.

Even though she was feeling it first hand, she found it hard to believe that one little incident could chance ones life so completely. She really hoped that this was only a phase, because the fear was exhausting, and it constantly surrounded her. Perhaps God was calling her to him, and he wanted her to trust him more. She felt a little more fear about that. How was she supposed to do that? While she trusted that God had a good plan for her, she still wanted to try to avoid having anything bad happening to her.

She was constantly alert, and it made her anxious. She wasn't sure how to trust on him and not be anxious. When she began to feel anxious pinned under Eric, she wondered why she hadn't felt like this in the car. If she remembered correctly, he had always held or so that she could get off of him fairly easily. Perhaps it was that or she had been too emotional to feel fear. Perhaps the fullness of what had happened hadn't settled in on her. Whatever it was, she was being triggered by the position she was in.

She could see that she hadn't hid her fear, because Eric looked confused. She mentally cursed herself and this new fear. She could feel him worrying, and she knew she would have to set to work. She began thinking about her fear wondering what exactly had caused it. She decided to go with her first theory. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to freak out like that," he tone was downcast. "I..l didn't even think about the fear, I was just afraid. I think it's because I felt trapped. I couldn't get out from under you." She wanted to start crying, because of what she had did.

It felt lousy to make your friend feel terrible just because he was being playful. She didn't want to ask him if he was hurt or disappointed by her, because she knew the answer. She knew it wouldn't necessarily make him love her less, but it might make him double think a lot of things. "I know you didn't mean to scare me, and that you weren't hurting me, but I couldn't help it," she bitterly admitted. "I think we're just going to have to be more careful." She hated to say it. "I think I got scared, because I didn't feel like I could get away or have a choice. I guess people will have to make sure that I don't feel trapped and don't give me affection impulsively. I mean when they give me affection to do it slow enough so I have time to duck out of it," she ducked her head feeling a bit ashamed.

What she meant by impulsively was not doing it quickly, and give her time to duck out of it if she wanted to. She would prefer it when people asked her if they could hug her even though it would feel awkward. It would affect a lot of people, including visiting family members. She wouldn't want to have to explain to everyone of them why they needed to be gentle and careful with her. Why had she ever thought that prom was a good idea? How could she not have known?

She hadn't really given him rules, but they were guidelines that would hopefully stop her from panicking. She scooted close and gave him a hug trying to reassure him that she wasn't mad, and she wasn't scared of him. She could still feel a little nervous anxiety, but she was able to push it away and hide it for now. What if Eric decided that he didn't want her as his girlfriend, because she couldn't handle physical touch? She knew he would be there for her, but she had hoped eventually that would be an option. "I'm sorry," she whispered, "I know that you weren't doing anything bad. I shouldn't have freaked out."

It was true. She shouldn't have. At least before prom night that wouldn't have been a problem. "I'm not scared of you. I was just scared during that moment, but I am not right now." It was sort of a lie. She wasn't scared that he would do anything physical to her, but she was scared that if he left there would be something missing in her heart. She wasn't sure what it would mean, but ti couldn't be good if he left. She wanted to say something else and more meaningful, but she kept on going round in circles.

She hated that she had made things tense and emotional again. She had tried to joke, but it hadn't done anything for either of them. She wondered if Eric could understand. He had anxiety. Why couldn't he understand hers? She hated that her actions had pushed him away, and it made her feel broken. It made her feel like something inside of her needed to be fixed, but she had no idea how to do that. It was harder for her to find reasons to have him stay, but she could understand why he would want him to go. She wanted to wail at him that if he left her, it would make her feel worse and more of a jerk.

However, she wasn't going to resort to crying to encourage him to stay. "Please don't go. I'm still worried about your safety, and it's still raining outside. You are going to feel even more miserable," she told him. If he was alone by himself in the rain, he would think about his dead mother, his father, and he would feel that his best friend had pushed him out. He would feel miserable, cold, and drenched, and he would be pitying himself, and it wasn't a good mixture at all. Perhaps she should give him space to think, but she was afraid that the next time she saw him there would be a gap between them.

She was afraid that they would be awkward around each other and she wouldn't know how to be close to him. What if it hurt his feelings too much and he didn't want to talk to her anymore? What if it broke their close friendship? She tried to remind herself that love was stronger than that, but she was still afraid. She continued to hug him, "I want you to stay, but if you need to leave, I won't continue to make you stay." She realized that she was forcing him as much as he had trapped her playfully.

~Non Sequiter and ElaysiaJuly 23, 2020 05:24 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

Eric listened to her as she apologized. It made sense, and he understood her fear and anxiety, but at the same time...it was him. Did she not fully trust him? It kind of stung, but he wasn't going to let that destroy his feelings for her, or let it get in the way of their friendship. He would start having to think more in depth about whether or not he should still ask her to be his girlfriend, though. Or at least...give it a lot more time than he was hoping to give it. Obviously, Daniel had made quite the impact, and he didn't think it was going to be a fast recovery. Physical wounds healed a lot faster than emotional ones sometimes.

"I'll try and be more careful," he said quietly as she went on to explain things. More boundaries. More guidelines. Was it always this exhausting to love somebody? She scooted closer to him, and wrapped her arms around him in a hug. While normally it would make him feel a lot better...this time it really didn't. Did she mean it? Or was she actually scared to hug him and just did it to try and make him feel better.

Stop trying to bring me down. He thought bitterly do the pressing anxiety that was continuing to spit nasty things at him. He half heartidly hugged her back with one arm, his other supporting him as he half laid, half sat on the bed beside her. She apologized again, and he felt the muscles in his body lose their tension, and he closed his eyes, holding her tighter. He really felt like crying. There were so many emotions swirling within him. He loved her, but she was scared of him. He loved her...but he'd hurt her. He'd scared her. She said she wasn't scared of him, but how could he ever be sure?

She asked him not to go, and he felt as if he was being tugged in two different directions. He'd done enough, hadn't he? He'd made enough mistakes, hadn't he? But he found that even though he knew it was the wise decision to leave, to get out of this, he still couldn't bring himself to actually do it. He couldn't leave her side, and even if he somehow managed to...he wouldn't get very far before turning and running right back to her.

He hesitated, really thinking on what he should do. She hugged him again, and whispered,

"I want you to stay, but if you need to leave, I won't continue to make you stay."

He let out a soft sigh and closed his eyes again, his arm giving out from underneath him. He slid slowly down to fully lay on the bed beside her, all of his energy draining and all the emotions catching up to him. "I can't leave." he whispered, opening his eyes and looking up at her. "I'd just come running right back." He gave her a hesitant, questioning look, before reaching out and softly grabbing her hand, intertwining his fingers with hers. He lay on his back, looking at her.

He wasn't mad at her, and he refused to stay hurt. She was going through something that wasn't easy, and it would take her time to get over it. There was fear in the back of his mind that maybe she wouldn't ever get over it, but he told himself that even if she never fully healed, he would take the responsibilty upon his shoulders to work with her. He wouldn't force her to do anything, but he found that he still loved her enough that he would still be willing to ask her to be his girlfriend. And maybe...maybe years in the future if all went well...he could ask her to be more.

He was willing to be the partner that she needed, even if it meant dialing back his wants. Not excessively so, but enough to where she would feel comfortable around him, and maybe if somehow her trust in him had been broken, maybe he could build it back up. Small steps was what it would take, but he was willing. He was patient.

"I'm sorry I scared you." he whispered, taking his other hand and running it softly up her arm. "I didn't mean to." His eyes were beginning to sting a little with tiredness, and his body felt so much heavier than it actually was. He knew now that he couldn't move. He wasn't sure if he could make it to the floor. He knew she probably wanted him to sleep down there, but his body felt so weak all of a sudden as the exhaustion of everything set it.

"I'd never do anything to hurt you, you know that." he whispered, swallowing back the lump in his throat. He was not going to cry anymore, he refused to start crying again. "You're my best friend, Kailey. I respect you a lot." He hesitated, squeezed her hand a little, and then let go, not wanting her to feel trapped or held down again even though he was laying next to her and not on top.

He felt like they needed to talk a little more about their relationship as of now, and what the future could potentially bring. At least a little more than they had been. They were friends, he knew that, and very close ones. But he also felt that as of now they were a little more. An unspoken thing. He wanted her to know what he wanted, so she would be aware of what would be coming at some point in the future.

"But...you know that I also want more with you." he said quietly. "I think that I'll be wanting that for awhile, though." He informed her. "I don't know how long or how much time you are going to need to get through all of this. But I just want you to know that no matter how long it takes, I'll be patient enough to wait. Until the right time." He breathed in slowly, getting more tired with each passing second. "Please don't push me away. I want to get closer with you, not further, and if this...whatever this fear is...if it's permanent...I'll work on doing what you need me to do."

Despite his wishes, he felt the warmth of a tear run slowly down his cheek. But he wiped it away and held back any more that were thinking about coming. "I don't want to lose you, Kailey. Not as a friend and...not as anything more, either."

He didn't know how she would take that implication, but he was hoping that she would see that he wasn't planning on going anywhere anytime soon.

~Non Sequiter and ElaysiaJuly 23, 2020 10:25 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award

She did trust him, but that didn't stop her from feeling scared and anxious. It didn't necessarily take her back to that bad place, but some part of her mind had made an invisible trip line and he had pulled a trigger. She was wanting to cringe because she could feel his feelings. She didn't want him to have to hide his feelings around her, but it made her feel worse. She knew it wouldn't stop them from being friends, but it would make having anything more harder.

Nobody in their right mind would want to put up with that. She hoped he knew that she meant the hug. She could feel that he wasn't all that enthusiastic, and he was still hurt by what had happened. It made her realize that she needed to stop trying to make him feel better. She certainly shouldn't make him feel worse, but there was only so many times she should repeat herself in so many minutes. It was probably something they were both going to have to get used to, so she needed to let him sort through his feelings.

He was propped up on one arm, when she hugged him, and it looked like he was trying to get up to leave. When he lay back down on her bed, she had a feeling that he had made his decision. She wasn't sure if she should snuggle up to his side or not. Would it reassure him or was it totally a bad idea? She accepted his hand and wove her fingers with his. She wanted to say something cute like awww, but it didn't feel like good timing. She was just happy that he wasn't leaving.

It would make her feel like he was running away from her, and that would cut her. She wasn't sure if she would open the window to him again even if he did come back the same night. She might let him in some other night, but probably not again the same night. She would probably start crying, and if he left, she doubted that he really needed her. She wasn't sure if it was unfair of him, but if he had run out now, she would feel like he was running out on her.

When he had mentioned leaving the first time, she had mostly been concerned that he had nowhere to go. Now she was more emotionally invested than just wanting to make sure that he was safe. She hated saying no to him, and she hadn't consciously meant to. "It's okay. We don't have to keep feeling bad about it and reliving it. I know you didn't mean any harm," she reassured him. "I know," she whispered to him. His staying here was making her relax, but it also made her want to go to sleep.

She had told Eric to sleep on the floor, but she couldn’t get mad at him if he stayed. Perhaps it would prove that she wasn’t afraid of him. She’d sort of told him to sleep on the floor to maintain propriety, and it seemed like that was one of the reasons he was uncomfortable staying in her room. She had a feeling that they would hurt each other unintentionally. Tonight was proof of it. However, they could at least control each other from physically harming herself. She remembered almost landing on him the first time he came over, and she knew that she couldn't even promise to not physically hurt him.

She lay down beside him on her side, so that she could face him. She was relieved to find that she was fine being beside him. It also helped that she had chosen to put herself there. She knew that she was his best friend, since he didn't have very many. She hoped that he was his best friend, just because they were that close. She shared alot of herself with him. "Yeah," she acknowledged that she knew that. She sort of thought that he would wait, because she had been waiting on him, but now she wasn't so sure.

It could very well be something that she wouldn't get over. It might be something that he would have to deal with for long term. She wondered if this would be an appropriate movement to scoot closer to him. She still found herself a little afraid that he would find someone else meantime, but she knew they could and would always be friends. At least as long as they lived in the same area and saw each other frequently. She smiled at him, that he was willing to tell her that. She wanted to say thing like really, but it wasn't fair to question him.

He hadn't done anything to make her think that he didn't mean it, and she knew it was hurtful and tiring when people questioned her. She scooted closer to him, "Thank you." She hugged him glad that he was willing to wait for her. Would he really be willing to deal with all of her problems though? Would he be willing to feel hurt everytime that she felt fear? "I'll try not to," she told him. Somehow she noticed the tear in the dark, and she used one of her hands to brush it away. She couldn't make any promises that she wouldn't push him away romantically, but she wanted to always be friends.

"Okay. As long as you want to work with me, I'll work with you," she told him. "I don't want to lose you either." She had started panicking that she had pushed him away, when she had told him to move off. Should it be that big of a deal? "I don't want to lose the chance to become more than friends or lose you as a friend," she told him. She smiled at him, "I don't know why you thought tickling me was a good idea, when we're trying to be quiet." She hoped that she knew she was just commenting and not being judgmental or something else. She moved closer and gave him a quick peck on the nose to take any sting out of her words. She moved back a little bit. She felt her eyelids heavy with sleepiness. "Mmmmm. How long we staying up?" she asked him.

~Non Sequiter and ElaysiaJuly 24, 2020 12:11 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

Eric was glad she was listening and at least trying to take into account what he was saying, and as she reached over to hug him he felt himself relax even more. She had laid down next to him on the bed to face him, and impossibly noticed that he had started to cry. He gave her a smile, a look in his eyes that said a thousand words. He didn't want anybody else. He felt like he didn't need anybody else. He knew that they weren't a couple yet, and he knew that when they eventually did become official, that there was a high possibility of their relationship not lasting.

Maybe he was desperate, or maybe he was hopeful. Or maybe he was just a healthy combination of both, but he wasn't willing to let it fail. Not unless it absolutely had to. She was the only girl around his age that he'd ever liked, and she was the only person who seemed to really care about him. She told him that if he was willing to work with her, she would do the same for him, and that made him feel better. She started saying that she didn't know why he thought it was a good idea to do what he did, especially when they were supposed to be being quiet.

He gave her a shy and embarassed smile in the dark, lightning striking just long enough for her to really see his expression. His eyes lit up in the brief flash, and thunder rumbled overhead. The rain and storm had posed something threatening when he'd ran here earlier tonight. But now...the distant thunder, the sound of the rain against the house...it was almost peaceful. Soothing. "Yeah...I don't know either." he admitted. She leaned forward and to his surprise gave him a peck on the nose before laying back.

He kind of looked away for a second, trying to wipe the stupid childish grin off of his face, and trying to get the stupid butterflies to stop fluttering around in his stomach. She asked him how long they were staying up, and in all honesty he didn't know how to answer. He wanted to sleep, and he knew she did too. But he couldn't get up. His body was just not working. His muscles were so tired, and he felt as if he weighed a hundred more pounds than he actually was.

All of the emotions that he'd felt swirling around before, all the stress his body had been put through and building up over the past few days..it was draining the energy from his body, and now that he'd gotten most of it out by talking to her and crying so heavily....his brain was finally close to being at peace. Sure, he had a few more things to worry about with Kailey now, but those in time could be dealt with.

As he lay there trying to think of an answer besides saying he didn't know, the rain continued to patter, the thunder continued to rumble further and further into the distance. He glanced over at the clock to see that it read 4:00am, and he felt another wave of guilt wash over him for coming in so late and waking her to deal with his problems.

He had rolled over onto his back, and then onto his other side so his back was facing her, and his eyes closed as his brain still continued to try and function for an answer. But he was so tired....

"I can't.." he whispered softly, barely audible. His brain wouldn't let his mouth finish the sentence. I can't stay up any later. His thoughts finished for him, thankful to have a mind reader by his side. Please don't kick me out. He didn't think his body could handle being forced to get up and moved to the floor. Surely she knew he wouldn't dare try and do anything to her, surely....

He laid there, his muscles finally, finally relaxing fully as his mind buzzed out and started to dull. His eyes were closed, and he didn't even possess the strength anymore to open them at all. His mind was slowly slipping out of its awakened state, and his body was directly behind it. He could feel the light weight of her body in bed next to his, and could hear her soft breaths and movements of the sheets with any subtle movement she made.

In a strange way it reminded him of having Gunner on the bed with him, but much sweeter, and so much more fulfilling. He found himself wondering briefly if he would ever get this chance again, and what it would be like to have this every night for the rest of his life with her. Someday when they were both adults, mature and wiser in their ways...he couldn't help but wonder.

Goodnight. he thought to her, one of the few last things his mind could form into words. Love you...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The morning had come much faster than Eric would have liked. The rain had ceased, and the morning sun was now filtering through the windows, causing his closed eyes to squeeze shut tighter and beg to stay closed. He took in a deep breath through his nose, his defined chest expanding and then returning to normal as the air left his body.

He was still too tired to move, too tired to even open his eyes. His mind wasn't working quite right just yet, and just as he had the thought to wake up completely, his brain dismissed it and his entire body relaxed once again, sinking back fully into the bed. He vaguely remembered having gone to sleep on top of the covers, whilst Kailey was underneath, just for an extra barrier. But the more he lay there now, the longer his brain was getting to function, he thought he could feel his lower half being heated more so than his upper half.

He was still groggy, his eyes still having not opened, but yet another warning signal was sent to his brain. A familiar feeling in his arms....

Eric groaned quietly, still too tired to move much more or do anything else, and his brain pushed back the warnings, and his body just accepted the fact that he had an arm draped loosely over Kailey's side, his torso pressed smoothly against hers. The sun filtering through the windows was no longer an annoyance, because his mind had blocked it out, and there he was, drifting back into a deep sleep, his breathing slowing back to steady and calming, his chest rising and falling slowly with each one, and his heart pumping calmly, sending small comforting vibrations into Kailey's own.

For all he knew, he hadn't even fully realized the position they were in, and was innocent to the fact that in his sleep, he'd somehow sensed distress from her or himself, and instinctively wrapped himself closer to her, an inate protection mechanism. She could have had a bad dream and he'd sensed it, or he could have had one and instinctively rolled over closer to her for an almost motherly or lover-like comfort.

He was dead to the world as of now though, and it would take a bit more than a few small sounds or movements to wake him up.

~Non Sequiter and ElaysiaJuly 24, 2020 11:31 AM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award

She hoped that she got a hold of her fears soon, because who knew what would happen when Eric went to college. She wanted to have as much time with him as possible, and she hated that some part of herself was separating them. She realized that she might become worried when he went to college. He would might meet a girl who cared about him. What if the only reason they were this close was because no one else cared for him. What if he moved on. She sort of doubted that he would move on before then, but college would be like a fresh start.

She was sure at least one girl would take an interest, because he was cute. He might not be the majority's top pick, but somebody would take an interest. She reflected his smile trying to enjoy the moment. It would never come back again. She was glad that his shy embarrassed smile seemed to indicate that he knew she wasn't scolding him. The rain and thunder might have been one of the reasons she could stay up, but now it was going away and it was becoming a comforting background noise. It was nice letting it lull her to sleep.

She wondered how she was going to figure this out with people who didn't care for her. It would be odd telling people to move slowly when they wanted to hug her, and it made her seem like she didn't like people's touch. She smirked when she noticed his childish grin, because she had given him a kiss. He had tried to look away, but he wasn't fast enough. She was trying to keep herself awake just in case Eric wanted to stay awake. She felt a little amused as she felt heavy tiredness descend upon him.

Eventually, he was forced to think what he was wanting to say. It was tired and sometimes he got sidetracked before he finally said what he wanted to. She was amused that he couldn't get on the floor, but if he slept there, it meant she would have to find a few things for him to sleep on. She was too tired for that too, and she knew Eric wouldn't do anything. Besides he seemed to tired to do anything. Since he had said one thing to her, she kept slightly focused on his mind. She was mildly interested that he compared her to Gunner, and he wondered what it would be like if this was their normal.

"Good night. I love you," she whispered to him. When she was pretty sure that he was asleep, she raised herself a little. She hadn't realized that he was sleeping on top of the blankets for a reason, and she didn't want him to get cold. Carefully, she moved the blankets until they were over him too before she lay back down and let sleep take her. She didn't think they would get much sleep. They needed to get him out before her parents decided to wake her up in the morning, and she wasn't sure if she would wake up in time.

~~~~~~~~~~

She slightly woke up later, and she peered through her eyes for a moment. She could see the daylight streaming into her room. She wished she could have gotten more sleep, but she felt like the loss of sleep was worth it. She closed her eyes again trying to go back to sleep, because if she kept them open for too much longer she would begin to wake up. When it was still dark, Eric had begun to pull at the covers, and had exposed Kai to the cold air. She slept in shorts and a t-shirt, so she had followed the blankets instead of pulling them back on herself.

Oftentimes in the morning the blankets would get tangled up in her legs, and she would sort of cling to them. She didn't recognize the fact that this time her blanket was much more solid. Her torso was lined up against his, and her legs were beginning to tangle themselves in his. He was too big for her to wrap her arms around him so instead she used them as a pillow. She had had a few disturbing dreams, but she couldn’t remember them. She went back to sleep for a little while.

When she checked the time the next time she woke up, she realized that she needed to wake up and be alert if her parents came to check on her. Her eyes opened and she realized that she was super close to Eric. She could feel his chest rise and fall as he breathed. This would be an awkward position if she was with any of her friends, and she normally tried to give them space. She wasn’t sure if she should remove herself, and possibly wake him up or stay like this and wait. His arm was over her, but she didn’t feel trapped, because as long as she didn’t mind possibly waking him up, she could get out.

She knew from her mother's complaints that sometimes she kicked in her sleep. She hoped that she hadn't done that. He was still fast asleep, and she wondered if she should wake him up. "Eric," she nudged him with her hand. "Eric," she tried a little harder. She thought it might be easier to distangle herself if he was awake. He probably should be leaving soon. It might have been better if she got him out of the house before the sun had risen. "Good morning," she smiled at him. "I guess you'll have to be going soon," she sighed a little sadly. She heard noises, that she knew might mean her parents were coming. Her eyes widened, "Quick, you have to hide!" She wished she had decided on a hiding place the night before. They only had minutes before they arrived.

~Non Sequiter and ElaysiaJuly 24, 2020 03:08 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

Eric was in a deep sleep, having been up into the early hours of the morning, and the emotions from the past few days having been released like the kraken. His energy was depleated, and his body was finally recharging. He was relaxed, comfortable, somehow still unaware of the position he was in and who he was holding in his arms.

His brain sent a signal to his body, and he felt movement on his chest and arm, even down on his legs. But even still, he wasn't nearly awake enough to make much movement other than a small curl of his legs. Another signal, this time a hand touching him, nudging him. He felt his breath kind of falter, and his muscles tensed slightly as the subtle touch made him roll over onto his back, still asleep but in the process of awakening.

"Eric," Was that his name being called? He felt another nudge, this time harder, and he instinctively lifted his arm to his face, groaning quietly at the disturbance. He didn't want to wake up, he wanted to sleep. He needed to sleep. It took him a second or two to find the energy to actually open his eyes, and once he did he took in a deep satisfying breath through his nose and let it out, expanding his chest and filling his lungs with air before letting it all out.

He slid a glance over to Kailey, and was a little shocked to discover how close they were too each other. He had moved in the process of being woken up, so he had no idea how close they had been before that, but she was still pressed against him, their legs entwined under the covers. It took him a moment to even register where he was, and why Kailey was waking him up.

He took one hand to rub across his face to try and wake up a little further. "Morning," he said quietly back to her, his voice coming out a little weaker than he'd been expecting it to. He still felt exhausted, and he knew that he would not be going on a run this morning, or to weights. He nodded as she said he'd have to be going soon, knowing that he should and would, but really not wanting to. Even though it had only been a few short hours, it had been one of the best night's sleep he'd gotten in awhile.

"I don't want to," he whispered nearly silently to her, giving her a small and shy smile, his eyes filled with a buried sadness, but at the same time alight with love and affection. He purposefully made a sad pouty face at her, and ran a finger softly down the side of his face, mimicking a tear rolling down. He smiled and gently reached across, rolling back over on his side to face her, and placed a hand gently on the side of her face, resting his forehead against hers and closing his eyes for a brief moment.

He opened his bright blue eyes and grinned, looking like a mischievious young boy. "You know if I could...I'd start a tickle fight." he said, giggling a little. "I'd win, of course." The orneriness faded a little from his eyes, and his grin turned to a more mature one as he pulled back from her. "Thank you for everything." he whispered. "It means a lot."

His ears pricked, and his heart stopped for a second and dropped into his stomach as noises were heard down the hall. Fear rushed into his mind, and he abruptly shot up, the covers falling down softly into his lap as Kai's eyes widened and her voice hissed to hide. Her parents. Her parents were awake. They were probably coming to check on her. It took him a second to even be able to think, and he looked frantically at her, his mouth opening.

"Where do I go?" he hissed at her, panic rising in his chest as his heart finally got the message to start beating again.

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1   ..    15    16    17    18    19   ..   29 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us