Wolf Play : Burning Embers | RP Thread
Chatbox
 Embershed
04:42:30 The Minor Nuisance
cursed explore text: (found in tundra)

Your wolves feel happy and eager to help. Étoile helps Étoile off the ice, and your pack continues on. You have earned 5 moves.
 Feiella
04:41:54 Fei the writer
what are my wolves doing? XD
 Amygdala
04:40:12 Amy
Fei
I encountered your pack 3 times in 80 moves 😅
I promise i learned my lesson and i write though now XD
 Amygdala
04:39:29 Amy
Ummmm....magic XD
 The Picts
04:38:11 Rabbit
Everyone stalks my pack >:0
 Embershed
04:37:59 The Minor Nuisance
Amy,
wait a sec-how can you hear the chat?
 Amygdala
04:37:39 Amy
I must be hearing things then
 Embershed
04:37:13 The Minor Nuisance
Can confirm.
 Feiella
04:36:33 Fei the writer
Amy
My pack stalks everyone :D
 Embershed
04:35:37 The Minor Nuisance
...you saw nothing...shhhhh
 Amygdala
04:35:07 Amy
Huh weird...i could have sworn i saw ember in chat just now
 Embershed
04:34:04 The Minor Nuisance
greetings, mortals.

It is half an hour past my bedtime, so you didn't see me...
 Amygdala
04:32:54 Amy
Fei
Now you are stalking me XD i have met you twice in 20 moves
 Insane Sanity
04:19:33 
xD and besides that

Like does it allow you to have more pups? Increase the stats of pups? :3
 Feiella
04:18:56 Fei the writer
looks pretty?
 Insane Sanity
04:16:26 
Besides giving a wolf more charisma and maternal :p
 Insane Sanity
04:15:59 
Does anyone know what the infatuation boost does? :3
 The Picts
04:11:48 Rabbit
Dang. Thought that was an easy win thereXD
 Amygdala
04:08:30 Amy
Rabbit
Yes
 The Picts
04:07:31 Rabbit
I just got a jug for my logging on streak, and I need a jug for my scavenger quest, but it isn't marked as complete? Do I have to find it while exploring to count?

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges
Hourly Damage Variances
Mojave Green Rattler : +5
Polar Bear : +4
Vicuna Wolf : -5
    Spring Month: 3   Day  Weather:  Sunny
 Explore In: Now

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Semi-Literate
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 .. 9

Burning Embers | RP ThreadJune 10, 2024 08:07 PM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
Thalassia
Dark Dragon || Female || New Dragon || Mentions: Aýnabat, Tatsuo

The air was warm, tempered by a gentle breeze that rustled the leaves below. If not for the wind, the silence would be maddening, like an uncomfortable hush that blanketed the landscape. Instead, it roared past her, slamming against her scales and pounding against her ears. It was refreshing. Soothing, almost, like some unnatural lullaby.

The horizon stretched out in a deep azure, speckled with clouds that gave it a mythical quality. Yet, where Thalassia flew, the sky seemed to darken, as if the sunlight itself recoiled from her presence. A shadowy veil lingered over her; her scales so black they absorbed the light entirely.

She had long ago taken flight, circling above the ruins beneath her. She had seen them in their prime, standing tall and proud. Now, the remnants of those grand structures lay scattered and broken, reclaimed by nature and time. The stone walls, once formidable, were now overgrown with vines and moss, crumbling under the weight of history itself.

The ruins were Thalassia’s home. It was a place of solitude, the broken archways and collapsed columns having been her home for decades. It was among the ancient stones that Thalassia found solace, a sanctuary hidden from the prying eyes of the world. Here, she could be herself, unburdened by the expectations and judgments of others. She had long claimed this desolate place as her own, weaving through the shadows and memories that lingered. The carvings and faded murals told stories; she couldn’t help but feel a certain kinship with those who had once walked these grounds. And now, she was forced to depart. Even now, her home was a mere dot in the distance as she lingered, waiting for two others to join her.

A single shimmer in her peripheral vision had caught her attention, her wings propelling forwards towards it.

Had it not been for her sister, Aýnabat, Thalassia would have sucked the brightness out of the sky entirely. Oh, how her sister’s scales shimmered in the daylight. She radiated sheer, ethereal beauty, an embodiment of moonlight even during the day. Even now, Thalassia’s empty eyes radiated fondness at the sight of her. Rather than greeting her verbally, she dove towards the shimmer, meeting Aýnabat in the air and extending her neck. It was then when she briefly touched her snout against her sister’s forehead, tapping it lightly before receiving a nudge in return.

And it wasn’t just Aýnabat by her side; Tatsuo was there as well. The sight of the third female warmed Thalassia's heart, her tail fighting against the wind to wrap around the light dragon’s arm momentarily in greeting.

Tatsuo was an old friend. Though not related by blood, she was considered family. Thalassia had gone to war with Tatsuo. Some may argue for Tatsuo, for when the dark dragon learned that her friend was to fight, how could she sit back idly? The bond between them was deep, forged in the fires of battle. They had entered the battle as friends and had left as chosen sisters. Even now, Thalassia ensured her place remained by Tatsuo’s side—specifically, her left side, acting as the eye Tatsuo lacked.

Like herself, both Aýnabat and Tatsuo felt the pull of a bond. How lucky she was to share this journey with her sister and friend; otherwise, Thalassia would have faced her fate with far less fondness. She would not have been as willing, nor as calm, to depart. Had she been forced to leave while Aýnabat and Tatsuo stayed behind, she would have worried endlessly. They had always been near one another, a mere call away. So, when the news came that all three needed to embark, Thalassia couldn’t have asked the universe for a greater kindness.

Interrupting her thoughts was a sudden pang within her, an uncomfortable, yet painless feeling. Had the others felt it, too? A grumble emerged, vibrating from her chest and escaping her flared nostrils. The sound was quiet, barely audible among the roaring of the wind, but she did not repeat herself. She knew that Aýnabat and Tatsuo would hear her and understand its meaning: they needed to go.

Now that they were all together, Thalassia felt comfortable leaving. She advanced, gliding through the air leisurely. Her speed was steady, almost relaxed. Some might even say boring. However, it worked for her—until another pang struck within her, this time stronger, more irritating. She understood once more what it meant.

That they were close.

Descending with a deliberate slowness, the beat of her wings straightened, set in a glide. Rather than aiming for the ground, she circled, her shadow growing larger the closer she came to the ground. Outstretching her talons like a feline, Thalassia hovered above a meadow, gliding so low to the ground that the grass beneath her flattened itself out. Before her, the woods grew closer, the trees dense and foliage thick. With a final beat of her wings, Thalassia tucked them in, diving into the darkness of the forest and vanishing within without so much as landing.

Her talons were outstretched, and suddenly, she had gone from flying to running, her claws digging into earth and propelling her body forward. She weaved through the trees like a snake, wrapping her body around bushes and rocks until she suddenly went still. She stopped short of a field still a mile away, her gaze sweeping across her surroundings. The air was thicker here and smelled different. It lacked the freshness of open land and the salt of the sea. It was.. suffocating.

For a moment, Thalassia remained silent, her eyes—blank pools of white void—sweeping across the landscape. Finally, she turned to Aýnabat and Tatsuo, her voice a low, resonant murmur.

"This place breathes unfamiliar smells,” she began, her tone layered with a cryptic depth. Her lips peeled back momentarily, only to fall lazily. “I fear that I may find the weight of mortal gaze... heavy."

Burning Embers | RP ThreadJune 10, 2024 08:18 PM

The Tea Drinkers

Darkseeker

Give Award
Devereaux Aubellard | Female | 17 | New Rider | M: Seth (d) dragons (ind)
-
Devereaux was finding it difficult to split her attention from between the person at her shoulder, and the spiraling thoughts of her own mind. She was quite invested in this whole bonding experience, she always had been. Her father had always hoped she'd at least attempt to be a rider, but after his death, her mother had done everything in her power to stop her daughter from attending the Academy. Thankfully, she'd had help from friends, and after a time, Amalié had come around. As soon as Dev had hope again, she'd immediately headed to the library, and gotten every book she could on dragons. She didn't know that much about them, but she wanted to know everything, how they lived, interacted. And now, she was here, and while there was no guarantee, there was hope. She glanced around the field, and occasionally caught a glimpse of passing beasts, some in the sky, some perching far above. She didn't know many of the people around her, didn't have that many friends, present company excluded, so having the thought of a being who was her companion, friend, partner? Why, it was a dream come true, more than she could ever hope for.
Now, she dragged her eyes from the sky, and studied the person next to her. This was her human, that was what she had accepted them as. Originally, she had wanted to call them her boy, or something very full of gender identity, simply because of the way she'd been raised. However, they had been willing to educate her in a gentle but firm way, and now she was content with neutral nicknames and pet names, and normally referred to Seth as her partner, or significant other. She rolled onto her side, partially laying on top of them, and ran her finger down the soft curve of their forehead down their nose.
"Bored?" She laughed. "No, not really. Want to hear about the bonding stuff?"
The minute she said it, she flushed. Anyone who was here knew about bonding. If you had any hope of a dragon choosing you, you had to be confident, and that involved knowing how to interact and deal with the beasts. She hid her face in Seth's neck, and sighed.
"I'm scared though. What if I don't get chosen? What if I get sent home?"
She paused, and let a beat of silence pass. She didn't actually know what happened if you weren't chosen, she didn't remember reading about it in any of the books. Do you get eaten? Or kicked out? She shivered, and scooted impossibly closer to her partner.
"I know a dragon will choose you," she said, not wanting to let the silence get too stifling. "If I was a dragon, I would choose you. I don't know if I would choose me."
After a moment, Dev turned her attention back to the sky, watching the occasional dragon pinwheel across the sprawling blue sky, and inhaled slowly.
"It'll be alright. I'm sure it will be."
Burning Embers | RP ThreadJune 10, 2024 10:17 PM

Ciao

Darkseeker

Give Award

Tatsuo

Light Dragon | Female | New Dragon | Mentions: Thalassia & Aýnabat

The Light Dragon had slept soundly in her cave, the near-silent drops of water occasionally falling off a stalactite and splashing into the still pool of water below. It was a calming, silent getaway, but one she could not stay in forever. She could hear the steady wing beats of her sister’s calling, as well as that tug on her heart that she could not ignore. Not blood born but bonded through blood. The blood they had shed in a war from years ago when they had been much younger. Thala saved her from an attacker, and the sweet Ayan healed her injuries. All that emerged from the war was her emotional trauma, a shimmering scar, and two new sisters. She hadn’t left her friend's sides since.

The silent beckoning of what she could only assume was the bond pulled Tatsuo from her slumber. The white dragon stretched her wings to their full length, giving them a few warm-up flaps before tucking them back to her sides. She took a longing glance back toward the depths of her cave, at the cool waters beckoning her for a dip, but tore her gaze from it and moved to launch herself out of the cave, and into the sky.

As she burst into the light the warm rays of sun washed over her. She drank in the sunlight, illuminating herself slightly in response to the feel of it. Tatsuo let it energize her, fill her up, and gather her consciousness. She had promised herself that she would do her best to focus, to not let the whispers of the past invade her mind. Today would be the ultimate test of her control. Hopefully, she wouldn't lose it.

You’ve already lost it. It seemed to whisper back.

Tatsuo faintly mumbled to herself as she checked over her trinkets. One wrapped around the end of her tail, and the other she had looped around her neck. All filled with random objects ranging from precious stones and metals to colorful shards of glass, to various human items she discovered from her travels. The clear blue sky allowed the sun to hit her trinkets at full force, sending sparkles of light dancing around. Perhaps if her human was worthy she would find it in her heart to part ways with one. Or perhaps not.

She sensed Thala soaring above her and moved to join her. Tatsuo noticed the female glide up on her left, just a dark blur hardly seen out of her left eye. She rumbled a noise in appreciation. Thalassia, her left eye.

Tatsuo felt the gentle flick of her tail as her sister greeted her, and she returned the gesture running her tail along Thala’s outstretched wing. She moved to do the same with Aýnabat once she had spotted the Lunar dragon.
Giving her a nod of friendly acknowledgment as they neared their final destination. The dragoness felt an overwhelming sense of need pulling at her inner being the closer she flew. Noticing Thala’s dive, she copied the female and tucked her wings to her sides, diving low before pulling up and dropping to all fours last minute. Then taking off at a run after the Dark dragon. Her white eyes glittered with an emotion she couldn't place as her muscles twitched to keep running, yet she slowed her pace to a halt as the overwhelming stench of humans hit her.

Her snout crinkled in distaste and she let out a snort of annoyance, as if she forgot there would indeed be real humans at this ceremony thing. Tatsuo turned her head so her good eye could stare dead ahead, unblinking. Assessing her next moves.

“This is not a place I do not wish to linger either. Too many foolish mortals running around, hurting my head with their wretched noises…” The female trailed off in response, snarling softly to herself and nearly beginning to recoil as the sound grew louder.

Despite this, she knew she had to press on. Her human was waiting.

Burning Embers | RP ThreadJune 10, 2024 11:13 PM

Nochnoy

Darkseeker

Give Award
Sthirseth Valthael | O | 17 | New Rider | M: Dev (dir.), Cho (dir.), open
-
And so, the day was sunny, the world was bright, and Seth was with their favorite person in the entire world.
Who was currently doubting herself, and putting them on a golden pedestal, as usual.
"Devvie, look at me." Without warning, Seth pulled her upward, leaning on their elbow and taking her chin in two fingers, forcing her to look at them. "You? Are amazing. Dragons can sense that. So we are both going to have a dragon, or we are going to walk out of here without them."
They leaned back, propping up their knees and pillowing the back of their head with their hands, closing their eyes. "Don't overthink it. They're just dragons. Why should we-"
A dark shadow fell over their face, causing them to open their eyes.
A beautiful brown and green dragon was standing over them, neck arched and expression curious.
"Holy.." Seth sat up, stunned.
A real life dragon!
5 Years Ago.
Seth was a bright-eyed, sunny child living on the countryside. A quiet, mischievous one - quick with a sword, and even quicker with a comeback.
They lived out in the woods, a two hour walk from any nearby towns. The Valthael family were hunters - fast and intelligent, and never without a weapon up a sleeve.
One bright, cool day, the twelve-year-old found themself in the middle of the woods, farther than they had ever been before. It was very south, near the area that the northern more trees began blending into the tropical ones.
It was difficult to see - at least, for them. However, the thick greenery didn't help.
What did was the fact that the dragon was white.
There it was, perched in a large tree, peering down at them. A magnificent sight, as it was, and a beast seemingly forged from both moonlight and a hailstorm.
But why here? They wondered.
She blinked at them.
"Being of ice," Seth adressed, voice trembling from awe and fear, "Why do you impose upon the jungle, near my very home? Do you not have your own, from where you belong?"
Her head perked up, as if hearing a noise.
Seth paused, fiddling with the metal of an arrow. "Or even a name?"
The creature turned her gaze back to them. "Why, child? Curious of you." She sprayed a circle of ice onto a leaf. "Most dost cower in fear. An oddity of a mortal."
"Oddity?" Sthirseth sighed. "Most people think that, yes."
She smiled. "Firix." Fir rose to her full height, shaking out her wings, which haad been caught in a tangle of vines. "But nothing than a blessed day to thou, Sthirseth."
With that, she vanished into the trees.
Seth had climbed the tree and taken that leaf, walking home with more questions than answers.
Firix, however, had become the main character of artwork for many of Seth's pieces in the days following.
"You're beautiful," Their amazed brain uttered breathlessly.
Seth turned their gaze to Dev, squeezing her hand. "Love, pinch me."

Edited at June 11, 2024 12:37 AM by Nochnoy
Burning Embers | RP ThreadJune 11, 2024 12:36 AM

pyromaniac

Lightbringer

Give Award
Kayne D'Angelo
New Rider/ male/18/ mentions: Finnegan (ind), Koji(ind), Mattis(ind), Marina (ind) Avery(ind), Adramalech (ind)

Kayne watched from the shade of the oak, seeming disinterested, but rather entertained by what was going on. A few boys- well they were his age, Kayne reasoned, but they acted like boys, not men- nervously jacked around with each other while they waited, and a girl bravely stepped closer to the dragons. She looked confident, and only the subtle fidgeting of her hands betrayed how on edge she really felt. Everyone who wanted to bond with a dragon was. So why the heck did Kayne feel nervous?

He wasn’t here to make friends or bond. He had a job, a future, a whole life ahead of him. He didn’t need a dragon and certainly not a squad of other riders to deal with. So why was he here?

To see the dragons. He answered the question looming in his mind, even as he thought it, he knew it to be a lie. As a huge, navy blue dragon made his nonchalant entrance into the clearing, it confirmed Kayne’s lie to himself. Every time a dragon entered, a glimmer of a feeling sparked like a tiny flame in his chest.

Hope.

Okay, okay, so it’d be cool to bond a dragon. He admitted. But it wasn’t to be. Not for him. Dragon’s chose either straight up nobodys who they saw potential in, or important kids who had prestigious backgrounds, connections, and trained for this their whole lives. As per usual, Kayne fell in neither category, and assured himself he was likely something more of an irritant to the dragons. Not pitiful enough to have mercy on, not enough glitter and glory to look good, just a scruffy looking ranger kid.

Kayne watched as more dragons and kids began to make their appearances, growing more anxious with each newcomer, though he stayed leaned up against the tree. He was here, and he would stay until the end. He almost wished he’d brought Nyx, for it’d be nice to have a friend, but she would hate all the energy here. Better to let her have her quiet time in the stable. Another mission would come soon enough.

He saw a familiar-looking young man weaving through the crowds. Where had he seen him before? He was a rider already, that much was evident by his clothing choice and the way he carried himself. He was comfortable amongst the beasts, but maybe not so comfortable with all the people. That, Kayne could relate to. What was his name though?

Solstrale. That was it. Avery Solstrale. Images of the rider last autumn, when tensions where high at the border and it appeared there might be an invasion. A small force of foreigners dared venture into the kingdom, which Kayne had spotted and reported via a falcon courier, and this rider had been sent to assist. One dragon rider and one ranger against 30 some odd renegades. It had been an interesting day. His uncle later heard of this and made fun of Kayne for having to be helped by a beast and its rider, but Kayne has learned to respect dragons and their riders that day. Of course, when the other kingdom was notified that they had men who had tried and failed to lead a raiding party, they called them renegades and denied any knowledge of their attack, however, both the rider and Kayne had agreed that this was just the beginning of the struggle, and the other kingdoms were testing their mettle. Since then, Kayne has patrolled the border more carefully than ever. He wasn’t sure what the rider had done to help the situation, but seeing as he hadn’t heard from him since then, who knew what Solstrale had been up to?

What did it matter? Dragon riders had their own ways and nothing Kayne could say to him could make him want to help. Still, imagine how much ground a dragon rider could cover. They could be a phenomenal help in border security. Should he ask Solstrale? No... Best not to bother him. Not while this bonding drama was going on. Kayne knew that much about people- don't ask favors when they are obviously busy. But maybe afterwards he could go and say something- if the rider even remembered him.

Kayne found his gaze flickering back to the navy blue dragon. He had thought him a storm dragon at first, but as he burned an enormous patch of grass away and then freaking curled up in the hot charred remains to bask in the heat, he realized the beast had to be a fire dragon. it was the only kind of creature who would literally snuggle up with fire and ash like a blanket. Kayne found himself smirking at the arrogant manner in which the beast ignored literally everything and went about his fire napping like a sly, disinterested cat. Kayne decided he kind of liked that one. He was okay- for a dragon of course.

Edited at June 11, 2024 12:38 AM by pyromaniac
Burning Embers | RP ThreadJune 11, 2024 07:25 AM

Spellbound

Lightbringer

Give Award

Coyolxauhqui
Lunar Dragon | Squad Leader's Dragon | 248 Years Old | Mentions: Avery ( telepathically) & Zadok (directly) ,

The slumbering female was taking residence in the dragon stables below the school, she wasn't fond of the sun or daytime. She was a creature of the night, and she shuffled comfortably in her little nest, with her cooling pieces of ice around it, keeping her rather chilled. It was a good sensation to her scales and body to feel the coldness of ice and the embrace of darkness. The pale eyed, female could feel the commotion out side and she could feel the boredom and discomfort oozing from her rider. Her rider had made it to become Squad Leader and how proud of him she was! And she reasoned that he couldn't be seen without her or else she would bring shame to his reputation, because what was the leader of a dragon riding squadron without their dragon, and she gave a mild sigh . She knew her counterparts would possibly already be in action at the valley with their riders. The other mentors, and their dragons. She slowly rose and stretched her body, flexing her claws as she did so, and parting her mouth to yawn. Her long and thick fangs being visible as she did so. She was going to have to persevere through the heat, and be prepared to step in if things got messy with the new incoming dragons. She was getting annoyed just thinking about it, she could only pray that this year's newbies were more respectable than last year's crop - they were absolute hellions. She made her way from her den to the exit of the stables, and she could see the bright sunlight and she gave a soft chuff of annoyance. Yeah, this was not going to be fun for her. And stepping out into the light, the chatter of the people outside grew louder, and she could feel the buzz of excitement as well. And she slowly, made her way to the tree lines, and slunk through the forest, and then found herself a good spot to watch within the shade. It was interesting to watch the dragons arrive with their different appearances and personalities, and she noted a familiar face, Thalassia seemed to be joining them this year. The Dark Dragon was a bit odd but she had no problems with the female, and was glad to see her there and with some friends no less.

Another familiar face she saw, was that of Zadok. One of her more serious companions, and one she admired for his dedication to his work. The male seemed to be watching from a ledge, and she decided that she didn't want to be in the forest anymore, and so she emerged from the forest, and found herself flying towards the darkly colored male, and giving a short warbling trill, she announces her presence to him and gracefully swoops around him before landing beside him. He had a more pleasant expression than his usual neutral one, which indicates a good mood and for that she was glad to see. The female noted his rider was in the crowd and approaching a band of young boys. Must be some friends, she thought ro herself. And as she scanned the crowd, she felt the whisper of her Bond calling to her and she saw her rider being approached by the same group. Oh? That was fun, seemingly there was a reunion amongst the boys. Her human looked rather uncomfortable amongst the crowd, and she gave a mild snort of irritation, how dare they make Avery feel uncomfortable. A low rumble following the snort, as she kept her eyes on her rider.

Avery, what are you doing mingling with the rookies? We should be observing and only interfere if things are getting a bit testy amongst the prospective students and dragons? She asked curiously through their link. Well, just don't tell your friends what the ceremony holds for them, it would be funny to see them suffer on their First Ride, like I made you suffer by trying to buck you off at the first chance. She said with a slight teasing lilting tone of voice and a soft chuckle. Any thoughts on this year's rookies, they look a bit more unique than last year. She said amused looking at the differences in the dragons. Though her tone may have been playful and her expression rather lazy, anyone who knew her knew that she was analyzing the newcomers and watching them rather closely. She was excited for the newcomers yet she was also highly alert and wary of them.

" What do you think of this latest batch? Anyone stand out to you as of yet. " she said to Zadok, striking up a conversation with the male, " I don't think any of the newcomers have made themselves stand out quite yet, all of them look unique and interesting. It seems we have some rarer dragons joining us," she said noting as she pointed out the Dark Dragon And Light Dragon making an entrance to the Valley."Hopefully this group isn't too rowdy." She said before muttering, "and hopefully this ceremony isn't too long, I want to sleep. This sunlight is abhorrent and a nuisance, I wish the clouds would hurry up and cover the sun up." She said with a scowl aimed towards the sky as if scolding a deity.

Edited at June 11, 2024 07:27 AM by Spellbound
Burning Embers | RP ThreadJune 11, 2024 09:48 AM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award

Zephyrus Howl | Air Dragon | Male | Mentor Dragon | Mentions: Open

Zephyrus watched the proceedings from a safe distance under a tree. He noticed that there were some prospective riders hiding underneath trees as well, which narrowed down the amount of trees Zephyrus could hide under. He'd prefer to be in a tree, but branches often cracked under his weight and he didn't feel like falling out of a tree in front of everyone. Even with hollow bones, he weighed more than a black bear. He also didn't want to be seen clinging onto a tree. It would limit his perspective and he'd look undignified.

He'd been here a time or two, and he didn't want to be in the way of the dragons who were coming in, but he didn't want to be near any...children. He glared at any that started to look at him sideways dumbly wondering if he was a prospective dragon. They needed some more education. No. He was not one of the precious unbonded dragons. He was already...happily bonded. He appreciated other dragons leaving him alone as well, but they were easier to see coming and harder to accidentally step on. They also didn't make annoying high pitched sounds like young humans especially when they were excited or nervous.

He would move closer to the other dragons once they actually started testing the bond. He would be happy to cheer the dragon on and tell them to make sure the rider was worthy. They didn't want to get stuck with someone who wouldn't be able to fly. Zephyrus secretly hoped, maybe even not so secretly, that they'd allow him to fly along and try to blow "riders" off of dragons. He hoped that Max, his rider, would hurry up. He wanted the ambitious desperate children to stop eyeing him as a potential bond.

Burning Embers | RP ThreadJune 11, 2024 12:33 PM

The Bewitched

Darkseeker

Give Award

Aýnabat

| Lunar Dragon | Female | New Dragon | Mentions: Thalassia and Tatsuo (Dir)

Aýnabat basked in the warm air, the wind almost playful as it rushed by her. The trees danced in the distance, their leaves rustling in a harmonious rhythm that filled the air with a gentle whisper. She felt the breeze lift the tension from her wings, its touch a soothing balm. The scents of fresh grass and distant blooms mingled with the subtle hint of rain on the horizon. She closed her eyes for a moment, letting the wind caress her scales and lift the tension from her wings, feeling a sense of calm wash over her.

Aýnabat lay near the entrance of her cave on the cliffside overlooking the vastness of water. Below, the water stretched out endlessly, its surface shimmering with reflections of the changing sky above. Waves danced and sparkled in the sunlight, their gentle rhythm a soothing melody against the rugged cliffs.

She noticed the sky began to darken, which only indicated Thalassia’s descent upon her. It was as if the sunlight itself feared her sister's presence. Thalassia's scales, black as night, seemed to absorb all light, creating an aura of profound darkness around her. Aýnabat felt excitement race through her as she took off to join her sister in the azure sky. The sun hit her intricate array of blue scales, casting a soft, delicate glow that shimmered with every beat of her wings.

Aýnabat nudged her sister’s shoulder with her snout, sensing Thalassia's nervous energy was palpable in the air. Thalassia wasn't the only dragoness that Aýnabat traveled with; their dear friend—now sister—Tatsuo, arrived shortly after. Aýnabat bent her head, returning the Light Dragoness’s greeting.

Aýnabat was always in awe of Tatsuo, who seemed to embody the sun itself and glows in the darkest of realms—even next to Thalassia. This earned Tatsuo the nickname of "Nightlight", her presence was a constant beacon.

Thalaissa had introduced the two after a battle Tatsuo and Thalassia had been in. Aýnabat had helped heal Tatsuo’s wounds, leaving behind a shimmering white scar over the left eye. She adored the Light Dragoness, though Tatsuo was a bit spicy at times - the three all balanced each other well. Thalassia and Aýnabat welcomed Tatsuo into their family quickly after the battle.

As the three began their journey, Aýnabat’s heart raced through her chest. She heard her sister grumble as they neared the valley, which only hinted that Thalassia was feeling the pull towards her rider. Aýnabat glanced at her sisters, her teal eyes vibrant with happiness. This wasn’t the first time Aýnabat had ventured to Dragon Valley to bond, but it was the first time she felt a pull. The realization that Thalassia and Tatsuo also felt the pull filled Aýnabat with ecstasy. The joy of embarking on this journey together calmed any nerves Aýnabat felt herself.

In the past, Aýnabat's spirits had been crushed when she didn’t find a rider during her bonding attempts. Thankfully, Thalassia had always been there to offer her support. But this year was different—Aýnabat could feel it deep in her chest. It wasn’t a painful or uncomfortable sensation, but rather a warm ebb that filled her veins. Aýnabat felt a surge of anticipation coursing through her, an excitement tinged with a hint of trepidation.

Upon arrival, Aýnabat followed Thalassia's and Tatsuo’s descent with keen interest, her own wings adjusting subtly to mimic her sister and friend’s graceful movements. As the two disappeared into the darkness of the forest, Aýnabat remained airborne, circling above the canopy with a watchful eye.

Sensing their stillness below, Aýnabat descended slowly, her talons skimming the tops of the trees as she landed softly on the forest floor. With a fluid motion, she folded her wings against her sleek form, blending seamlessly into the shadows cast by the dense foliage - or perhaps it was her sister’s shadows that enveloped her like a hug. She was always grateful for her sister's shadows, often shielding Aýnabat from the raging sun that weakened the Lunar dragon.

Keeping her senses sharp, Aýnabat moved with silent grace, following their path through the tangled underbrush. She weaved between trees and shrubs, her movements calculated and precise, as she navigated the unfamiliar terrain with ease.

As she came up beside her sister, Thalassia turned to the two, and Aýnabat could sense the unease in her sister's demeanor. The closed space was something Aýnabat had experienced before, but she knew it must be overwhelming for her sisters. After all, the two spent their lives in the openness of the water or among the ruins. Aýnabat pressed against Thalassia, offering silent comfort as she heard Tatsuo voice a similar opinion.

"My dears," her tone soothing and filled with gentle reassurance and an undertone of confidence, "all will be well. The weight of the mortal gaze is indeed heavy, and the unfamiliarity of this place can be unsettling. But remember, we are all together, as we have always been." Her voice was soft yet carried the strength of the moon's glow.

Aýnabat moved closer, her wings folded neatly against her back, the tips shimmering like silver in the dim light. "The smells, the air, the sights—they are new and strange, but they also hold secrets and possibilities we've yet to uncover. The mortals," she paused, searching for the right words to describe them, "they may not understand our kind nor do we understand them, but they are just as nervous - and excited - as you and I."

Edited at June 11, 2024 09:29 PM by The Bewitched
Burning Embers | RP ThreadJune 11, 2024 01:26 PM

The Tea Drinkers

Darkseeker

Give Award
Devereaux Aubellard | Female | 17 | New Rider | M: Seth (d) dragons (ind)
-
Forcing a smile, Dev leaned into the touch of her lover. She had learned to put her full trust in them, but even so, it was a tense moment between them. She took a deep breath, and nodded, then fully comprehended what Seth had said.
"No! If a dragon picks you, you have to go with it, and do...well, whatever it is that it wants you to do."
She watched Seth lean back onto the grass with a sense of quiet determination, and sighed, following suit. A moment later, when a dark shadow fell across them, she scooted away. She could already tell the gaze of the beast wasn't on her, and she dropped her own eyes to the ground, disappointment dancing across her features. Even so, she quickly fixed her face, unwilling to let Seth see the hopelessness that flashed through her eyes. She didn't want any of their dreams to be crush on account of her, so she stood beside them still, lacing her fingers with theirs. Dev studied the dragon, and her heart squeezed. It was a pretty one to say the least. Tall, proud, undeniably dragon-like. And entirely uninterested in her. She bit her tongue, and tried to keep the tears from falling.
In the haze that she'd drifted into, she heard them say something about being asleep, needing to be pinched. She shook her head, and slowly pulled her fingers back, spinning all her pain, exhaustion, hopefulness, *everything,* into a perfect thread for her partner, and gently pushed them forward.
"No," she whispered. "Very real. And it likes you. Go...go see it, I can tell that you have a great connection already. It might hurt, remember that," she choked out, and stepped back, giving both space. Once she was sure that Seth wasn't about to tip over, pass out, throw up, or start screaming with joy, she withdrew even further, tears finally filling her eyes. Dev sniffled, and wiped her nose on the soft green fabric of her sleeve. She knew there was still time, still hope for her. But seeing someone so dear to her find a deeper bond? It hurt a little bit, more than she had expected. The valley was spacious, but all around her, dragons were swarming down to starry-eyed students, and she stood alone, wrapping her arms around herself. From afar, she still kept an eye on Seth, and the dragon beside him.
She wasn't ready to give up yet, but the overwhelming feelings that came with the happiness of students around her was crushing. It was going to be alright, she repeated to herself. Going back to her mum wouldn't be that bad. She'd exchange her dragon hopes for hopes of raising corn or something. And it would all sort itself out. Maybe Seth would still visit sometimes, and she could watch him interact with the scaly creature, something she'd done time and time again as a child. She smiled sadly, and sat down beside a tree, forcing herself to be content with the swirling effervescence around her.
Burning Embers | RP ThreadJune 11, 2024 02:15 PM

The Bewitched

Darkseeker

Give Award

Amhuluk

| Water Dragon | Male | New Dragon | Mentions: Open

The water’s surface lay calm, a vast expanse of blue stretching endlessly toward the horizon. Suddenly, a ripple disturbed the stillness, followed by another, and then the water began to churn. From the depths emerged Amhuluk, the magnificent water dragon, a colossus of scales and sinew.

As he rose, the sunlight played off his shimmering scales, creating a dazzling display of colors. His body, a blend of deep blues and vibrant golden-orange hues, moved with a fluid grace that belied his immense size. Pink undertones on his cheeks, chest, and neck caught the light, adding a delicate contrast to his otherwise formidable appearance. The blue scales formed a gradient, darkest at the top of his body and lightening as they descended, while a unique dorsal fin-like structure of yellow ran from his forehead to between his shoulders, flaring dramatically as he surfaced.

Amhuluk snapped irritably toward the water, scattering some fish nearby. He felt that nagging sensation within him again—the same pull he’d felt for weeks now. He had spent most of his time trying to ignore it, but it had started to become too much. The call was insistent, a summons he couldn’t dismiss. He knew this meant a journey to Dragon Valley, a realm known for its bonding ceremony. However, the prospect of bonding with a human was less than ideal for him. He was younger than many of the other dragons and hadn’t felt the desire to be tied down or responsible for a young human.

The Water dragon moved through the water like silk, his movements fluid and effortless, cutting through the waves with grace. His powerful tail propelled him forward, creating a wake of shimmering droplets that sparkled in the morning light. As he approached the shore, his massive wings began to unfurl, their abalone-like membranes catching the sunlight in a dazzling array of blues, purples, and greens.

With a final, powerful stroke of his tail, Amhuluk surged upward, breaking through the water’s surface. His wings unfurled in a magnificent display, catching the wind as he soared into the sky. For a few glorious moments, he glided effortlessly above the ocean, his expansive wings slicing through the air with powerful, rhythmic beats. The sunlight danced off his scales, creating a dazzling display of blues, golds, and pinks that shimmered with every movement.

As he ascended higher, the valley came into view, a lush expanse of greenery nestled between towering peaks. Amhuluk's keen eyes took in the landscape below, mapping out the path ahead with precision. He tilted his wings, adjusting his course, and descended in a sweeping arc toward Dragon Valley. The air rushed past him, whistling through the delicate fins along his limbs and back. The valley approached rapidly, and with a final, powerful beat of his wings, Amhuluk began his descent.

He landed on the shore with a thunderous shake, his expansive wings outstretched to balance his immense form. Water cascaded off his shiny scales, adding to the illusion that he was perpetually wet, even on land.

Once on solid ground, Amhuluk shook himself vigorously, sending a spray of droplets in all directions. His dorsal fin-like structure along his neck flared and then settled back against his scales, which now glistened even more vividly in the sunlight. He took a moment to survey his surroundings, his sharp, discerning eyes scanning the landscape of Dragon Valley with a mix of irritation and reluctant anticipation.

The unexplainable sensation that had driven him here tugged at Amhuluk's consciousness, a relentless reminder of the purpose of his journey. With a snort, a plume of mist escaping his nostrils, he began to move with a determined gait, his powerful strides carrying him deeper into the heart of Dragon Valley.

His path led him to the lake at the back of the valley, a serene oasis nestled among the verdant hills. From afar, Amhuluk observed the scene unfolding before him, his sharp blue eyes taking in every detail. He remained hidden in the shadows, a silent observer, as the other dragons in the valley began to gather. His cold, callous gaze then fixed on the little humans.

Edited at June 11, 2024 09:22 PM by The Bewitched

Forums > Roleplay > Semi-Literate
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 .. 9

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us