Wolf Play : What do you do to motivate yourself?
Chatbox
 Forest Dwelling
09:36:26 Wolflocke Challenge
@Forest

Fair enough. I've had that happen to me before in other games, but with WP, I've been managing well enough since my return to be able to keep my wolves fed every day and have them be competent in explore
 Forest Shadows
09:33:44 
Wolflocke

Its an issue honestly for me getting a handle of all of these new features!! I stopped playing for a couple of years! So it's all very overwhelming haha
 Sassy Otaku
09:33:24 Chuuya/Ruggie
Just dumped all my raven feathers into the falls. They're taking up too much space
 Magnus Bane
09:33:14 Mag/Maggy
Just found her in tundra also
 Everlasting Torment
09:33:07 Anubis, Samael
i joined 2018 XD
 Forest Dwelling
09:32:32 Wolflocke Challenge
@Forest

Hello other Forest lol but yeah, I've been on and off since before the game was made 16+ and when I first joined: the encyclopedia didn't exist, there weren't many events aside from FMC then the August and October ones. Wolf Party tokens didn't exist either, but now we have all these new events and features added which is neat, honestly!
 Hugs4Bugs
09:31:46 Bugs || Ed
fuckkk, I forgot to make sure I had enough mushrooms outside of my hole so I could get a puppy from sanctuaryyy T-T
 Zeraphia
09:31:12 Spooky Vah
Oh man, I joined two days before the Natural 1 and 2 pelts were released.

Which was also before Erythism... and a lot of things. >.>

And now I feel old
 Inferno Abyss
09:29:58 Raven, Flame
She didn't like that I said that. I just found her in swamp x.x
 Nevermore.
09:29:55 Never/Nev
I saw her a bunch in swamp
 Inferno Abyss
09:28:34 Raven, Flame
I found La llorona once and haven't seen her since. And I forgot where I saw her :/
 Forest Shadows
09:28:24 
Wolflocke

I joined WP when the tortoiseshell pelt was released!! Honestly it's changed so much since then and I'm so proud or eve!
 Inferno Abyss
09:27:51 Raven, Flame
Torment
I have that one. As soon as I got a group of 2, I haven't seen one since. And that's been at least 200 moves :')
 Magnus Bane
09:27:41 Mag/Maggy
My lord a snapping turtle
 Nevermore.
09:27:34 Never/Nev
Well, back to swamp I go then ;-;
 Forest Dwelling
09:26:58 Wolflocke Challenge
I just remembered that in older times on WP, your starter wolves had 100 points in 5(?) attributes but you only had 30 points to use. This game has changed quite a bit in just a year
 starmutt
09:26:22 marsh | they/it
she's in jungle for me as well, just never in forest
 Sassy Otaku
09:24:55 Chuuya/Ruggie
Nevermore
I think I saw her in Tundra too
 Magnus Bane
09:24:53 Mag/Maggy
Gwyn flee rate must have been turned yo because ain't no way
 Nevermore.
09:24:32 Never/Nev
Is La Llorona only in swamp? I haven't seen her anywhere else

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Cougar : -1
Jaguar : -5
Black Panther : +5
    Spring   Day  Weather:  Brimstone

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Artwork > Art Help

What do you do to motivate yourself?June 25, 2019 04:37 PM

Redmire

Neutral

Give Award
I have a reoccurring problem with my art where I don't have the motivation to finish it. Due to that, I have tons of unfinished drawings that I keep adding to. A big part of it is not putting in the effort and procrastinating, another is that I don't see the point in it or I just don't want to finish it.

So, does anyone have any tips on motivation and procrastination and all those fun bits that come with arting? ^^
What do you do to motivate yourself?June 25, 2019 05:07 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
Lol I have the same problem most of time of finish a art piece I don't really like I just finish it sloppy but other then that I'll normal listen to music. That fill me with ideas which will motivate me to finish the drawing. but sometimes just taking a step back and relax then coming back will help you be motivated to finish it.
What do you do to motivate yourself?June 25, 2019 05:19 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
I find it helps to have some kind of background noise on, like music or watching tv. If you watch tv, watching something that its too interesting.
What do you do to motivate yourself?June 25, 2019 05:21 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
For me, I always listen to Queen while doodling and drawing.

Procrastination is a major issue with me ( hence why I failed at order adopts ) , so a tip I have is to just do drawings for yourself first of characters you like and want to draw, then move on and keep the creativity flowing.

I hope that helps. x3
What do you do to motivate yourself?June 25, 2019 05:25 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
Hm, I've never really struggled with this issue, but I my two cents that might be useful?
I wouldn't advise forcing yourself to finish an art piece you dislike, since you'd end up despising it most likely then you'd probably further lose motivation.
I find that doing fun little sketches/doodles/warm-ups etc. can be helpful to overcome art blocks and such. Not sure if they'd be any help to get you out of this situation, but maybe just try doing some effortless art and see what happens.

You can also look at other people's art for inspiration, like just going on Pinterest or some large online art gallery, even photography. Maybe watch some art videos, just surround yourself with art and inspiration? If it starts having negative effects like you telling yourself "I'm not good enough, oh I can't draw them like" so on, then you should probably stop.

I think that's all I have that might be helpful, apologies if not.
Sorry to hear you're going through a very tough art-time, so I do hope it gets better for you.
What do you do to motivate yourself?June 25, 2019 05:28 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
I struggle with this a lot

My tips would be to

1. Browse through DA or any other art website and look through similar images for inspiration

2. Leave the image if you're feeling burnt out, and approach it when you are in a better frame of mind to do so

3. Think about why you're creating this piece, what it is for and why it is worth finishing.

Though if you truly cannot find any motivation, restart the image or abandon it. It's better to do that then be completely put off of art because you see it as a chore.
What do you do to motivate yourself?June 28, 2019 03:49 PM

Vashi Kurtlar

Darkseeker

Give Award
Idk if this works with anyone else but I:

. Listen to music that pumps me up/inspires me
. Look at wildlife photography
. Do homework (just the thought of work makes me want to do something interesting lol)
What do you do to motivate yourself?June 28, 2019 04:26 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
Gosh, I struggle with this so much too. I gotta say listening to music I really love helps a lot, or just something in the background. Also drawing in an area that makes me feel comfortable can boost my motivation.
What do you do to motivate yourself?June 28, 2019 07:05 PM

Dash Attacked

Lightbringer

Give Award
If you're feeling burnt out and you're trying to get back into things, my best advice is to take a break from whatever you're working on and sporks something that you love to draw - something that you're comfortable drawing, something you draw a lot, or just something that makes you happy. Whether that be an OC, or something generic. That usually gets me back into the swing of things, anyways. ^^

Forums > Artwork > Art Help

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us