Dragons Blood
07:47:44 Yong-sun (he/him)
ain't no way none my wolves didn't die
 Saint
07:46:57 
sky im asking the same thing, no way ij this lucky
 Clear Sky
07:46:37 Sky / Blue - she,her
so now its 7:45 game time i didnt get any message that my wolf is dead am i safe?
 fred
07:42:12 
Urux accept my friend request
 Rogue Wildfires
07:41:04 Mac and Cheese
Well dang it cause I have two wolves that have 100+ battle EXP
 Dragons Blood
07:39:29 Yong-sun (he/him)
-WP Click-

I got a new replacement for my alpha male when he ages up
 Urux
07:39:26 Urox
Rogue
It just runs every monday at that time, so if you have a wolf 15 or over they all have a chance of dying at 7:45am
 Rogue Wildfires
07:37:43 Mac and Cheese
Till when?
 Dragons Blood
07:35:57 Yong-sun (he/him)
Death script is 7:45 game time I think
 Valkyriee
07:35:22 Valk, (She/Her)
-WP Click- my boy is 15 soon :')

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Grizzly Bear : 0
Komodo Dragon : -4
Cougar : -3
    Summer   Day  Weather:  Light Rain

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    590    591    592    593    594   ..   600 

Whispers Cost | DiscussionSeptember 6, 2024 01:32 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
That's totally fine! No rush!
And, yeah, dialogue is hard, Nico can apologize for giving you touble XD
-
Also, have a bit of information on Briar's system (As I've figured out so far)! :)
-
Okay, so, as we know, Briar has OSDD-1 (unspecified between 1a or 1b). They're system doesn't have a ton of alters, which is mostly because the vast majority of the alters are based within a specific time period with only a few exceptions (such as Sall). You may notice that all the alters you've met so far (except Teige) have names that relate to, in some way, Briar's name. This is because most of the alters (again, with some exceptions) are kinda picking up their names from what the body was called during the point in their life that they were most prominant/formed during. The other alters mostly got their names because they were formed based off certain characteristic that they picked up from the people the system usually saw as role models or saw qualities in that the system deemed necassary. That said, here's a list of the alters I have figured out so far! I'm sure I'll add at least a couple more, but probably not a ton because the system as a whole isn't super big and it's not fragmented like Garvin's :)
Also, I'm going off the T8P timeline at the moment, because I know Bri will come up there, and I'm going based on how often they front, lol

Briar- Current Host

Gender/Pronouns: Non-binary, They/Them

Triggers to bring them out/cause them to front: (Less obvious as main host)

Positive Triggers: Certain music (Mostly indie-rock, and most songs by Cavetown would work) and Apple pie (smell/taste)

Negative Triggers: No particular ones at the moment

How'd they get their name and how/why were they formed?:

Briar was an un-named alter for quite a while before gaining their name with the help of Cam, who chose it after Briar came out to him as non-binary. Before becoming the host, Briar was actually a sexual and physical protector of the system, forming in response to a violent sexual the body experienced. They became the primary host when Teige stopped ageing/started regressing more often and was unable to function as needed in day-to-day life.

-

Bri- Future Host, currently non-existent in T8P timeline

Gender/Pronouns: Non-binary, They/Them

Triggers to bring them out/cause them to front: (Less obvious as main host)

Positive Triggers: The color red, Roses (Smell and feel), and certain music (mainly rock or punk-rock, Set It Off being the most notible band)

Negative Triggers: Abandonment and any form of neglect

Bri's a starting fusion between Rye and Briar, formed in response to the trauma of the exile ac. When they first show up, they're not fully them, rather just Rye and Briar co-fronting. Eventually, the two will fuse completely and leave Bri, who opts to keep the first half of Briar's name rather than taking up a less obvious nickname like some of the other alters. This is mostly because of Aries, actually. While Bri is set on seperating themself from the other protectors (in the beginning), there's still a major attachment to Aries the both Rye and Briar shared and, in Bri's mind, they introduced themself to Aries as Briar. Briar's the person Aries supposedly fell for, and Bri doesn't want to lose that, so rather than fully altering their name to something unrecognizable, they keep a little piece of what they had before in order to keep Aries, as they see it. Bri also maintains a lot of both Briar and Rye's memories, though some are fuzzier than others.

Basic Personality:

Bri, while still maintaining a lot of Briar's kindness, social awareness, and talkative nature, lost a lot of Briar's humor and willingness to try to get along with new people. Bri also takes up a lot of Rye's standoffishness, charisma, and general anger at the world. While Bri still cares about people (as seen most clearly with the Misfits), they're a lot less empathetic and willing to listen to the bullshit that a lot of people spew in order to hurt or manipulate others. They're also overall a lot more serious than Briar.

-

Rye- Physical and Verbal protector

Gender/Pronouns: Non-Binary, They/Them

Triggers to bring them out/cause them to front:

Positive Triggers: Some music (Mainly Pop and Pop-rock, Panic! At the Disco being the most notable band)

Negative Triggers: Physical violence, Verbal violence, and Major injury

Rye's names was the main nickname that Moiraine used for Briar. Rye was formed at the same time that Briar started to become the main host of the body. In a way, they were kind of made to take over Briar's original role as a main protector. However, Rye became much more obvious and fronted more often when Briar joined the gang, most often in charge of doing the negative tasks that Briar was assigned as well as dealing with the abuse that the body faced in the gang. Because of how often Rye was fronting (or, in some cases, co-fronting) around Raine, they got pretty close to him pretty quickly. Also, fun fact, even before the fusion in the excile arc, Rye and Briar are probably the two that are closest in the system, partially because of how often they're co-fronting or close to the front at the same time. They communicate almost constantly, even before fusion, though sometimes they didn't even process that they were communicating at all.

Basic Personality:

Rye's a rather hostile personality most of time. When faced with violence, they answer with violence. They tend to be sharp-tongued and quick-witted. They're also very protective of those around the body, not just themself. They're very charismatic but also rather pessimistic about the world as a whole.

-

Teige- Little/Middle Age Slider and Trauma Holder

Gender/Pronouns: Male, He/Him

Positive Triggers: Most sweets (except apple pie), brighter colors, and cars/some ships

Negative Triggers: A lot of yelling/arguing (dependent on how close a protector is to the front)

Tiege, at his youngest age, is the youngest in the system. He's also considered to be the first original host (though this isn't known for sure), as he was the host of the body throughout most of the bodies younger childhood. His name is the name the body was given at birth and he has a lot of attachment to people, like the bodies father, that aren't necessarily good. Tiege also holds a lot of childhood trauma that the other alters don't even remember.

Basic Personality:

Teige, when seen, is... well, childish. He gets easily excited over things while also getting easily scared. He's very shy and tends to find one person every time he fronts that he simply won't leave while he's still out. The person does tend to be the same if they're still around whenever Teige fronts the next time. He's easily manipulated and influenced, usually struggling to think for himself. Teige's heavily protected by the system, especially Sall, so when he does front it's either because the system deems it a safe environment (not common), or he get's triggered and then is very quickly brought back to the inner world as everyone else scrambles to make sure he's safe.

-

Sall- Various/undefined role

Gender/Pronouns: Demi-girl, She/They

Positive Triggers: Some music (usally classical, it doesn't matter much who, as long as it's calmer)

Negative Triggers: Sexual violence, Suicide attempts/threats from those around the body

So, Sall's slightly different than a lot of the other alters in the fact that she's primarily based off of someone rather than being formed solely off of trauma (though that is still a factor). Namely, Briar's teacher. Sall's role in the system isn't really defined as she kinda does a lot. She's mostly based inside the mind and rarely fronts. She does a lot to take care of everyone on the inner world, especially littles/middles, but she also takes up the role of a sexual protector at times and deals with the idea of others around the body commiting suicide. She was formed partially in response to a trauma the system dealt with after seeing several people commit suicide, but they didn't really fully step into the role of protecting everyone else from seeing more suicide until the wole Moiraine situation took place, before that, she was mostly there to balance out chaos on the inner world and hold that past trauma. They were based off Briar's teacher after she helped make sure Briar was safe and fed, even going as far as inviting them over for dinner with her family a few times, showing them what true safety and care felt like for the first time.

Basic Personality:

Sall's very different on the inner world vs. when she's fronting. Sall really only fronts for two reasons. If the body is experiencing some sort of sexual violence, or if someone around the body is threatening or attempting suicide. That said, when fronting, Sall tends to be very straight-forward and a little harsh, they're very clear about boundaries and what she needs to happen in order to protect the system. On the innerworld, however, Sall's much more gentle and quiet. They tend to help with the littles and make sure everyone is situated. She also tries to help those on the inner world by sharing their trauma and working to comfort them. So they kinda just do everything.

-

Bee- Gatekeeper

Gender/Pronouns: Agender, He/She/They and Neopronouns

Positive Triggers: Smell of rain

Negative Triggers: None specifically

Bee was formed around the same time as Briar. Bee's only real job is to make sure that the right people front at the right time in order to make sure that the current situation is handled in the right way. Bee communicates a lot within the system, but isn't heard or seen much at all on the outside, as they hardly ever front.

Basic Personality:

Bee is very serious, but also very gentle. His job is important, even if they're not seen on the outside, and she knows it. They're one of the only alters within the system that actually knows and remembers almost all the trauma that the body has gone through, and she uses this knowledge to communicate with those who need to be fronting and when. He's also very helpful for comforting and sharing trauma with the others because of this.

-

Tegan- Little

Gender/Pronouns: Male, He/Him

Positive Triggers: Apples, Shiny thing (especially clothes), and most animals

Negative Triggers: Threatened violence and verbal abuse (depending on how close a protector/gatekeeper is)

Tegan was formed as a way for the body to deal with the new environment of school. He switched very often with Teige when going from home to school, mostly there to socialize and take on the responsibility of school work. At this point, Tegan doesn't really ever front, only very occasionally, and only really due to positive triggers. He does hold some bullying trauma.

Basic Personality:

Tegan is very sociable and a generally happy person. He's still very childish, as you may expect, and is rather excitable. Mostly, he just loves to talk and draw.

-

Obviously, there are a few others, but the majority of them are dorment at this point, I may introduce some new ones that I haven't decided on yet as well, lol

Edited at September 6, 2024 01:43 PM by Lost Memories
Whispers Cost | DiscussionSeptember 6, 2024 03:08 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award

Oooo

Love all that information-

Bri choosing their name slightly because of Aries is oddly sad haha

-

Monroe's short story will hopefully be up before 5 PM GT today

Whispers Cost | DiscussionSeptember 6, 2024 05:38 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Okay and it is finally here!! Got ever so slightly busy with DnD club lmao
-

Price Of Love

Characters; Garvin (Monroe) and Nico. Rest of GRAIN and Fintan are mentioned in varying degrees.

Word Count; 2,775.

TWs; Swearing, self-hatred, self worth issues, nausea, relatively mild internalized ableism, relatively mild dissociation, relatively mild panic/anxiety attacks, allusions to past self-harm, implied past abuse, distorted body image, vomiting/purging, implied past rape/non-con, and messy ending/writing. There might be more, I’m not too sure.

Notes; This would take place after both ‘Homesick’ and ‘Smile For The Camera!’ though exactly how long after either one is hard to say. Did I forget to mention that should a certain amount of weight be gained (aka, Garvin finally being a healthy weight) Monroe will end up being triggered to the front to… Deal with that? To a… Very extreme extent pre-decided by, uh, Fintan.. Even to the point where she’s one of the main fronters until it’s… Taken care of to the extent that Fintan would have wanted it taken care of. Anyway, uh, enjoy meeting Monroe! Frankly, this could be read as happening the day after ‘Smile For The Camera!’ but I'm not too sure on the timing still. So if you want to read it as happening the day after, go ahead, but if you’d rather not then that’s fine too.

Also, totally forgot to mention, chances are that the polycule would’ve already met at least Chips well before ‘Homesick’ or ‘Smile For The Camera!’ (whichever came first). So… Yeah. Anyways. Prepare to hate Fintan even more. He’s literally only referred to with endearing, like, pet names. Dearest and dearest darling and uh. Yeah. That stuff. Oh, you also finally get to see a hush program in action too. A pretty mild one, but still. Other than that— Hopefully the dialogue is okay.

*~*~*~*

The day had started out well, all things considered. What were the things being considered? Garvin wasn’t actually sure. But, at least usually, his partners had good reasons whenever they seemed like they were acting all… Nervous? Careful? Something. Around him. He wasn’t sure if something had happened or if he’d done something wrong, but it wasn’t too hard a guess that he’d probably had some sort of breakdown. That seemed like the usual reasoning for it, at least. So, yeah, all things considered, the day had been going just fine.

-

Other than a little nausea at breakfast, and when he’d first woken up. And when he’d washed his hands after breakfast. And when he’d taken some pain medication… Okay, so he’d been nauseous quite a bit, which was odd. He hadn’t thrown up yet, at least, that was good. He hoped he wasn’t getting sick, even if it’d give him an excuse to do nothing but watch Star Trek again. Despite having watched it… Probably too many times, at this point.

-

Garvin flexed his hands for a second, and tried to stifle a yawn. Admittedly, he wasn’t doing much at the moment. He was laying on the couch, trying to watch as Vega made a new bracelet. Unfortunately, he was failing, by a lot, more watching Vega herself than the process they were using to make the bracelet. Or the beads. Or… Anything, really. The others were doing… Something. He wasn’t sure what. If he was right about him having had another breakdown though, probably trying to schedule an appointment.

-

That was actually probably why Starry was in the living room with him too, honestly, just trying to make sure he wasn’t alone. Just in case. It probably hadn’t been a bad breakdown at least, given that Polaris hadn’t seemed too frantic. Given that Altair wasn’t hovering and Sirius wasn’t already dragging him to an appointment. He wished they’d just tell him what’d happened. He wished his memory wasn’t so shit as to not let him remember on his own.

-

He sat up, trying not to set his jaw as he did. Last thing he needed to do was make them think he was having another breakdown. Which turned out to be a good move as Lyra looked over at him and away from their in-progress bracelet, smiling and raising an eyebrow, voice too level to just be casual.

-

Vinny? You feeling alright?

-

He rubbed at his knees, swallowing the slight lump forming in his throat. He was fine. He just. Didn’t want to be laying down. Sitting down. On the couch. Didn’t want to be in the room. He bit his tongue for a moment, forced a strained grin, just enough, and pushed himself into standing as he answered. Lying wasn’t too hard, which probably wasn’t good, but it was fine. It wasn’t really a lie anyway, he’d been nauseous plenty of times today to justify it. He just hoped that whatever his tone was, it wouldn’t give him away. Maybe she’d assume it was because of the nausea, even. “Yeah, uh, jus’ headin’ ta the bathroom. Bit nauseous, y’know?

-

Pavo looked more obviously worried about him at that. Which was fair, he never did too well while sick. Before they could say anything though, he pushed himself to start walking. The sooner he could get away, the better. He grimaced at that, at how desperate he was to get away from his partner. Hopefully he’d assume it was because of the nausea.

-

He hadn’t lied about where he was going, at least. He knew better than to do that while they were worried about him because of, most likely, a breakdown. With that in mind though, the bathroom probably hadn’t been the best choice. Then again, practically everywhere wouldn’t be that good a choice. Every reason he could think of would’ve seemed even more worrying. Just about the one place that wouldn’t have been nearly as worrying probably would’ve been the kitchen. But even the thought of going in there made him nauseous. Which didn’t make sense.

-

Unless he was getting sick. So maybe the bathroom was the best choice then. If he was getting sick he’d rather already be somewhere that no one would have to clean up anything.

-

He closed the bathroom door behind him and decided that, apparently, he hadn’t actually lied at all. He was a bit nauseous and he was in the bathroom. He set a hand against the sink countertop and leaned his weight against it a bit, just to give his legs less to deal with. The pain he usually dealt with wasn’t as bad at the moment, even if his legs did still seem a bit shaky to him. It was better than usual. If he was getting sick though then that definitely wouldn’t last.

-

He huffed as the nausea passed, and just leaned over the sink to breathe. It was quiet, mostly. More than it’d been in the living room. Or maybe just more comfortably so. No one was keeping an eye on him in the bathroom, after all. In fact, it was one of the only places he could actually control who entered while he was in there. Up until they got seriously worried, or had good reason to believe, that he was hurting himself. According to the list on the fridge with different little rules on it, at least.

-

Nausea rolled over him again and he grimaced, leaning over the sink some more, just in case. He was definitely getting sick, wasn’t he? It was probably going to be a bad one too. He groaned, quietly, just loud enough for himself to hear. He didn’t need someone walking by and getting worried enough to knock. He’d have to tell them not to come in and that just… He didn’t want to do that. It felt wrong to do that to any of them.

-

His throat felt tighter than it should’ve, and even breathing through his nose while waiting for the nausea to pass seemed hard to do. He shifted so he had both hands on the counter, leaning directly over the sink and against the counter. He blinked a few times, trying to readjust. He felt shaky and his knees were starting to hurt, more than they had been already, at least. He forced himself to take a deeper breath than what he’d been managing, and looked up, trying to get his airways to open more.

-

Instead of that though, they only seemed to close more at the sight of the mirror. At the sight of skin covering up more bone than it was supposed to.

-

She had to choke down vomit pretty much instantly, as nausea crashed into her before she could even think to find the toilet. She looked, just— She looked terrible. Her shirt wasn’t hanging off either of her shoulders, she couldn’t see her cheekbones at all, and her collarbone wasn’t anywhere near as prominent as it should have been, as it was supposed to be. Her arms weren’t as thin as they were supposed to be, her wrists weren’t as thin as they were supposed to be.

-

Nothing was, and she’d be willing to bet money on that. She was too scared to check though. She didn’t want to be right. She doubted that she was wrong. She swallowed past the lump in her throat, the nausea in her gut, and pushed herself to where she wasn’t leaning over the sink. Her waist didn’t seem small enough either. She hoped it was just because of the shirt. She somehow doubted it was though.

-

It wasn’t hard to find the toilet in the bathroom that she was in, at least. So Monroe moved herself away from the sink and towards the toilet instead, using the bathroom wall as a slight bit of aid. And then using it to lower herself in front of the toilet, trying to ignore how small the gap in her legs was. Trying to convince herself that it was only because of the pants she was wearing.

-

Once she was on the ground, she shifted so she was on her knees, ignoring the pain in favor of making sure the lid was up. Trying to ignore how upset, how disappointed, how disgusted her dearest darling was going to be when he saw her. The thought alone was enough to cause vomit to crawl up her throat, and all she had to do then was open her mouth and heave while leaning over the toilet. The sound of it grated against her ears, but it was better than letting herself slip any further than she already had. She’d be thrown aside, kicked out, worthless and entirely unlovable, if she didn’t fix the issue.

-

Monroe stared into the toilet for a moment after she’d stopped throwing up. She took a careful breath, moving her eyes away from how it looked and focusing instead on the strands of pink curls she could see. It wasn’t the color she remembered it being, but it’d probably been an idea of her dearest. She wouldn’t have done it otherwise. It was longer than she remembered it, but that was fine. It just meant she had more hair that could be pulled, once she fixed the more pressing problem. She’d probably have to wash it though, just to get out any bile that found its way into it.

-

She’d probably have to shower for that though, and that meant she’d have to see just how far she’d fallen. How much there was to fix. How much she’d let herself go, let herself slip. She bit her lip, toying with the spider bite piercing she’d neglected to take off beforehand. At least she knew that her darling hadn’t given up on her yet then. That she still had time to get herself back to how she was supposed to look.

-

She took one more deeper breath before bringing one of her hands up to her mouth. Just once wouldn’t cut it, after all. Not when she didn’t know how much she’d eaten, how much she would’ve had to have eaten to get as terribly out of shape as she was. She felt nauseous just thinking about it, and she barely had her mouth open, her hand not even needed, before she was retching into the toilet again.

-

It burned her throat on its way up, just as it always did, and she tried instead to think about how proud her love would be when she managed to fix her figure. A little pain would always be worth his love, his hands in her hair, his hands fitting perfectly along bones that were jutting out. It’d always be worth it.

-

Monroe heaved again when it’d just about passed, trying to get more out. When she couldn’t manage to do so like that, she shifted and lifted one of her hands again. She took a breath, opened her mouth, slipped her hand in, and— She’d barely started pushing her hand further down her throat when a knock came from the door. It almost made her pause, if it wasn’t for the fact that she was already throwing up again. Still, a voice she didn’t recognize reached her ears through the door, the tone something she couldn’t quite read.

-

Lovely? You- You need any help in there?

-

She barely heard past the first word, retching harder as it sank her heart to her stomach. It was nowhere near true, at least not with how much she’d let herself go, how much weight she’d let herself gain. She couldn’t tell if it made her eyes sting or if that was just a result of her vomiting. Still, when it passed, she glanced over towards the door, taking the time to breathe, letting her bile-coated hand rest on the toilet seat.

-

Monroe knew she had to answer. She wasn’t sure what answer whoever it was wanted though. She didn’t know how they’d be able to help her either. Unless they had some way to fix her weight, get rid of the excess. Make her perfect again. She doubted whoever the person behind the door could do that though. She apparently took too long to answer though, since the same voice rang out again.

-

Can… Can I come in, love?

-

That had a much more obvious right answer, so she swallowed past the pain in her throat. She didn’t want anyone to see her like this, not when she wasn’t anywhere near her former beauty. Saying no wasn’t really an option though. Whoever they were, they wanted to come in. She wasn’t about to start telling people no, not when it could so easily spiral into fights with her dearest. And she didn’t even have her perfect figure to help keep him more forgiving. So it was easy to answer, her voice a good bit hoarse from her throwing up, waiting only long enough to make sure she wouldn’t trip over her words. “Of course you can, darling.

-

There was, at least what felt like, a long pause, and for a moment Monroe was worried that she somehow had said the wrong thing. But then the door creaked open and in the doorway stood… Someone she didn’t recognize. Which wouldn’t have been all that odd, if she didn’t feel as present as she did. If she didn’t feel so sure that it was already daytime. They looked concerned too, which seemed off. Unless they were worried about the weight, but whoever they were, they would’ve seen it already. Right? It couldn’t have shown up overnight, after all.

-

A moment passed where neither of them spoke, and she tried not to hunch into herself, biting her tongue. The other person spoke first, stepping forward, towards her, voice coated in worry. “What, um- What happened? Are you okay?

-

Monroe did hunch over then, feeling her throat close up. If they didn’t already know, see and understand it just by looking at her, at how far she’d let herself slip, then she couldn’t tell them. Her darling had been crystal clear about that. She knew better. Telling them would only make it harder to fix the issue. So she said the first idea that came to mind that’d make it easier to fix her figure instead, her voice smaller than she thought it should be. “I’m fine, uh, just getting sick, I think.

-

It was barely a lie, really. She had to be sick to let herself fall as far as she had, after all. The person in the doorway still didn’t seem too convinced, for whatever reason. She bit her lip, and tried to think of something else to say if they didn’t believe her. Even if she wasn’t really lying, if they thought she was then she doubted it’d go over well.

-

If she hadn’t convinced them though, they didn’t tell her, just stepped through with soft words that made her wonder how easy it’d be to steal from them. How easy it’d be to get them to give her things. Nowhere near as easy as it’d be if she were still in shape.

-

Is there anything I can do to help? Anything you need?

-

She needed to vomit again. Until she either lost her voice or saw blood in it. She didn’t think that was something she could say though, not to whoever this was. She wasn’t sure what she could say, not when they were asking as if they really did want to help with something. She swallowed past the lump forming in her slightly sore throat with each passing second, and glanced around the room. Trying to think of something.

-

She needed to wash out the vomit in her hair, the vomit and spit on her hand. That was something they could help with, wasn’t it? She shifted, and looked at the person in the bathroom with her again, trying to ignore how unsure her voice sounded. “I, um… You could help me get anything out of my hair, if you want to?

-

They still looked worried as they got closer, a cheery smile that seemed fake to Monroe on their face, “Okay then, let’s clean up your hair.

-

She nodded, shifting off of her knees and taking them when they got close enough for her to see them better. She met their light green eyes, and felt her own crinkle as she smiled, softly as she could. Compliments were always a good start, even if she didn’t look anywhere near as good as she should. Especially if they were true. “You have pretty eyes.

Whispers Cost | DiscussionSeptember 6, 2024 05:58 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Yeahhhh-
-
I absolutely love the short story! It's amazing and so angsty and heartbreaking, but very well written as always!
And, yeah, for sure hate Fintan. So much.
I think I may have a whole library of kill books dedicated to him at this point.
And the dialogue was great!
Whispers Cost | DiscussionSeptember 6, 2024 06:03 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Glad you liked it!
Yeah, hate Fintan for sure. Um. He needs to face consequences for his actions but I honestly have no clue if he ever will. Because, well, unfortunately people like him rarely do
Monroe's an age slider, but solely within the middle range, so she slides around 13-17 ish.
Definitely glad that the dialogue was okay, hopefully I didn't get Nico too wrong haha
Whispers Cost | DiscussionSeptember 6, 2024 06:17 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Yeah, very unfortunate
Well, that doesn't help me feel any better at all, lmao
Nope! Not wrong at all, Nico was great! I may end up writting from their POV, we'll see :)
Though, when you say the polycule's met Chips already at this point, I'm assuming that means they've at least kinda caught on about the whole DID thing? So, theoretically, Nico could have some idea that he's talking to an alter?
Mostly asking because that would change how Nico would think/act a little if I do write from her perspective, lol

Edited at September 6, 2024 06:17 PM by Lost Memories
Whispers Cost | DiscussionSeptember 6, 2024 06:25 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award

Song: Gay in the South by Susto

(With some adjustments to the lyrics in some parts to better fit characters and avoid as much repeating)

Characters: Letif, Joyce, Kareem, Evin, Ella, and Volin. Snow (Ciaran), Lilith, H, and Letif's mom mentioned.

Context: This kinda just goes over the amount of trans and homophobia that Letif experienced at a young age as well as how he viewed a lot of it back then. This song does jump around a lot in Letif's GGR timeline.

TWs: Trans and homophobia, mentions of sexual abuse, and mentions of character death

---

Letif, to Snow, both discussing their struggles and anxieties, this is also shortly after Letif came out of trans: "Lover of mine, I heard you caught it... It's a real hard time just being alive..."

Letif, referring to his mothers panic, anger, and confusion when she learned about him being transgender, she went to the pastor only to be told that it was her fault and she was going to hell: "Mother of mine, you think you caused it!"

Letif, sighing to himself, trying to cope: "It's an uphill climb being gay in the south..."

Letif, about his mother again, the first cracks starting to show in his beliefs: "They promised us you were going straight to Hell when you died, but I don't even think it's a real place!"

Letif, almost hopeful, wishing for a place where everyone could just be happy as they were: "And in future time, there'll be nothing different between you and I, and I can't wait for that time to come true!"

Letif, about Lilith, referring to her being sexually assulted (as many of the young women, including Letif himself, were), sad and worried despite her betrayal of him and Snow: "Sister of mine, I've seen you struggle. The men in your life letting you down."

Letif, after watching H leave which is the first thing causing a major spiral, bitter but also somewhat jelous: "So hop in your car and find a more 'loving' place to be! Sometimes it just takes a change in locale..."

*Jumping ahead in the timeline to after Evin rescues Letif. A few weeks after anyway, so Letif's settled in a little and starts timidly opening up*

Letif, seriously struggling with and questioning his religion, very upset and depressed: "They promised me I was going straight to Hell when I died..."

Volin, who also has some religious trauma, settling beside Letif and nodding: "I know now that Hell is nothing but a headspace."

Joyce, kind of mocking the Bible by twisting it's words, drapping her arms over Letif's shoulder and being a great, supportive sister: "So follow through, tell the truth unless you think you should lie!"

Ella, timidly pitching in with her own quiet encouragement: "You can hold on just as long as you want to!"

Kareem, just being the absolute best adoptive father, smiling and ruffling Letif's hair: "Look up, do you see that? The sun is reaching through the blinds!"

Evin, equally amazing and supportive, smiling softly and kind of gently encouraging Letif to step away from everything and just let himself be himself: "Sinner, step back, don't let a single verse ruin your life."

Volin, standing and extending a hand as the others watch, understanding and grief in his eyes along with sincere support: "Brother of mine, I've seen you struggle, it's a real hard time just being alive."

Edited at September 6, 2024 06:26 PM by Lost Memories
Whispers Cost | DiscussionSeptember 6, 2024 06:28 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
Yep- They most likely have at least a slight idea of the whole DID thing. Frankly, given that Garvin's in therapy and all too, chances are that it's well on its way to being diagnosed too.
Plus, 'Homesick' and 'Smile For The Camera!' also definitely hints at it all a bit more too
Even more so if it is directly the day after 'Smile For The Camera!' since, uh, yeah.
Worst part about Monroe's short story though is that even though she becomes a main fronter after it to, you know, take care of the weight, um, Garvin won't really think anything's wrong, he's already assumed he's just getting sick.
Whispers Cost | DiscussionSeptember 6, 2024 06:31 PM

Overthink101

Neutral

Give Award
The song lyric thing was amazing, by the way! Very good, very angsty
Whispers Cost | DiscussionSeptember 6, 2024 07:57 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Okay, I think I've got an idea then, lmao
Oh no, that's so sad :'(
-
Glad you liked it!
-
Also, I was just listening to my playlist and a song came on and now I wanna use it, so, despite me having two unfinished stories already, I'm giving myself more work-
Get ready for wholesome polycule and/or Aries and Briar content to balance out all the pain XD

Edited at September 6, 2024 07:57 PM by Lost Memories

Forums > Roleplay > Discussion
   1   ..    590    591    592    593    594   ..   600 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us