Wolf Play : Starrys Character Stash |DNP| - Humanoid -
Chatbox
 Kháos
10:33:18 Kaos || Khaos
How many knocks is too many? I'm trying to get the neighbors attention- there's smoke in their backyard.
 starmutt
10:32:29 marsh | they/it
find in explore for scavenge quests, fetch quests you just need to have one in your inventory by any means
 Heather
10:32:28 
Unless its the "Find 3 items in Explore", that one you do have to scavenge from Explore yourself
 Heather
10:32:03 
Dire Wolf, naw, if you have one in your Inventory, it counts - try looking for one in Marketplace > Barter > Search, if you have one in your inventory then open up Gullin's Quests menu, it should mark it as complete, and you get to keep the quest item too
 Sabbath
10:31:06 Rook
Oh, it's a fetch quest! I forgot those were a thing now.
 Stygian Forest
10:30:47 
Dire Wolf

Is it the quest where Gullin wants you to bring them a Bone Flute? If so, you have to find it in Explore for it to count, I believe.
 starmutt
10:30:47 marsh | they/it
unless fetch quest
i have a forum for that tehe which i will not link cause main chat xD
 Dire Wolf Haven
10:30:21 Dire, DWH
no it just says bring me one. I don't have to find it
 Sabbath
10:29:58 Rook
Dire Wolf Haven
If it's for a quest you'll need to find it in Explore.
And Sales would be the place to ask anyway.
 Dire Wolf Haven
10:28:20 Dire, DWH
IDK if this is the wrong chat but does anyone have a bone flute? I need one for a quest
 kycantina
10:25:55 ky but it's spooky
Saint, naww, 2k in a day is better than 8k in a week
 Salem
10:21:38 Rumi
fair reasoning...
 Saint
10:21:18 
ok now your making me look bad lmao
 kycantina
10:20:56 ky but it's spooky
I haven't explored today but
7 Day Gain: 11776 7 Day Loss: 3753 7 Day Profit: 8023
 Saint
10:20:51 
you wont, and you dont be broke
 Salem
10:19:59 Rumi
Mmm but how am I supposed to gamble it away or buy art? :3
 Saint
10:19:10 
i can supervise your money, just hand it over, i promise itll be safe lmaoo
 Salem
10:18:33 Rumi
I plan to spend 3k more too T~T
I think I'll make it back by.. eventually :3
This is why I need supervision
 Saint
10:17:34 
a valid excuse
 Salem
10:16:31 Rumi
Today's Gain: 1471 Today's Loss: 3005 Today's Profit: -1534
... I was left unsupervised

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Alligator : +5
Bobcat : -2
Grizzly Bear : +4
    Fall   Day  Weather:  Sunny

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Characters
   1   ..    2    3    4    5 

Starrys Character Stash |DNP| - Humanoid -December 11, 2020 10:23 AM

sock monkey

Lightbringer

Give Award

Camino

Meaning: Path/Trail

"Keep steady, be brave, and follow the trail."

{Tags: Dog Characters, Working dog;}

{Secondary tags: There is Hope;}

The Wayfinder - 4 - Chesapeake Bay Retriever x Catahoula Leapard Dog x Weimaraner - Female

Appearance:

(credits: me)

Camino is of average height for a Catahoula - 25 inches, give or take. Her face is defined, and slightly narrower than that of retriever, yet still distinctly representative of the gundog type. Her jaw is strong, able to clamp down on prey with ease. Her ears distinctly resemble that of a Catahoula - slightly smaller, triangular in shape, and able to be pricked or pulled back, unlike many hound types. In terms of her body shape, she sports a combination of the lithe, sleek Weimaraner, the strong Chesapeake Bay Retriever. The resulting athletic frame is quite similar to that of a Catahoula. In turn, her endurance is exceptional.

She's a durable dog, with an oily double coat, able to withstand freezing waters. However, despite her retriever blood, her coat isn't curly and is of medium-short length. Her tail is long, thin, and rudder-like, for the purpose fo swimming.

Coloring:

Her base color is something between the silvery hue of a Weimaraner, and the brown of the Chessie, settling on a light, slilver brown hue. However, a lighter pattern of brown as well as a coffee color is scattered on her flanks, sides, and neck - a reflection of the Catahoula markings. A smattering of white is splashed across her as well.

Her eyes are a clear, piercing blue.

Personality:

Camino never does seem to have the wrong answer. Wise beyond her young years, she tends to be the voice of reason in the group. She's a reassuring, steadfast presence, and is there for anyone whenever he or she might need. She's practical, down-to-earth, and level-headed at all times; recklessness is a trait foreign to her.

As a requirement of her job, Camino is resourceful and observant; detail oriented, she rarely misses a thing. Nature is known to throw setbacks into the path, and she, as the Wayfinder, knows how to work her way around it. Camino far prefers controlled outcomes and predictability over chaos and surprises; in her mind, everything is far better if orginized and controlled. Regardless, she does enjoy adventure.

Her thought process is always methodic, steady, and thorough. She does not make quick decisions, but always comes to the right one in the end. When in thought, her focus lends to her an inability to be distracted. She enjoys a routine - generally, the same mealtimes, the same training programs, etc.. Although she can work with any change in schedule, it is best if she knows a change is coming; otherwise, it throws her off gaurd and will take her some time to get her bearings.

Camino is a hard worker; she strives for excellence in any given situation, as an obligation to both her teamates and her handler. A determined character, she will push herself to her very limits for the other dogs. With a strong sense of morals, Camino will never betray her values for any cause. Of her most important values is hard work, loyalty, and honesty. Camino is a dog that is, while somewhat reserved with strangers, trusting that others will be honorable enough to uphold her values of integrity. She never sees the worst in a dog, nor neccessairily the best - a non-judgemental character, she will let actions speak for themselves.

Camino carries herself in a resolutely calm, patient manner - it's difficult to get her upset, at least visibly. That's not to say she doesn't get happy - rather, she does have a fun-loving, humorous streak - but she's generally relaxed in any scenario, under pressure or not. In a group conversation, Camino will listen before speaking. She likes to think about her words before blurting opinions out, which may give others the first impression that Camino is not so bright. This could not be farther from the truth; she is clever, but simply cannot pick out the correct words quickly.

She is level-headed, and tends to be the voice of reason. Camino has an odd sort of wisdom for such a young age, and can easily be described as an 'old soul'. A steadfast character, many lean to her for support. In this sense, she can be taken for granted often - in simpler terms, Camino is forgettable. It's difficult to notice her until she's gone. The resulting trait canine is someone who is not accustomed to attention - she will never seek the spotlight, and doesn't enjoy having the stage to herself: she does, however, appreciate when someone notices or chooses to sit by her. She's not neccessairily quiet, but is far from loud. She takes great joy in storytelling.

She strongly dislikes fighting, and tends to be the practical peace-keeper when all else fails. She whole-heartedly believes in their mission, and is willing to do as much as she can to succeed.

Quirk:

Camino absolutely adores mud, snow, dust, and rain - it is impossible for her to maintain a clean coat.

Another habit of her's is digging. The dog has something of an obsession with it.

A final quirk of hers is caching food and treats - often, one can find a stash of snacks she's hoarded for another day. Camino displays this behavior instinctively rather than consciously.

Strengths + Desires

- The voice of reason
- Practical, resourceful, and observant
- Wise, for her age. An 'Old Soul'.
- Steadfast, with a steady personaltiy, so to speak.
- Slow to anger, patient
- A strong sense of morals - honesty, hard work, loyalty
- Has been known to be courageous in the face of fear
- Doesn't fold under pressure, and is composed. That's not to say she moves/thinks quickly during an emergency, but she never loses her head, no matter the situation.

Weaknesses + Fears

- Takes excessive time to reach a decision, and absolutely cannot be convinved to speed up her thought process
- Fears failure
- Does not advocate for herself, especially when physically wounded or otherwise
- Rather than becoming angry, she somehow twists the blame to herself
- Takes the pain of others and bears it on her shoulders
- Dislikes unpredictability, but her innate curiosity of the world is drawn to the unknown, so it's a bit of a two-sided thing
- She fears a sudden change in routine. When expecting such a shift, she can cope, but when she is thrown into a whole new situation out of the norm, she needs more time than anyone to get her bearings
- She has an excellent memory, and she holds grudges; although Camino is generally a trusting dog, forgiveness is terribly difficult for her
- Disregards emotion and emapthy when making a decision

Relationships:

Kodaline: Camnio is certainly grateful that Kodaline is her teammate. She trusts him with her life (which is not a statement to be taken lightly, in Camino's mind - she certainly does not have faith that everyone on her team could be entrusted with the lives of another coughfroschcough). She enjoys his thoughtfulness, and whether the two sit in silence or conversation, Camino appreciates and feels safe in his presence. On the rare occasion that she needed to confide in anyone, she would go to Geralt or Koda.

Valentia: Camino likes the smaller dog's upbeat temperament and kind nature - the way finder is somewhat concerned for Valentia's amount of worry, and is always ready to jump in and help her out of any tough situation, or offer an ear for her to confide in. Camino doesn't think that Valentia should take her mistakes so harshly, and tries to bear that self imposed burden on her own shoulders instead.

Kyanite: Camino appreciates Kyanite for what she does, that so much is clear; she trusts Kya, and respects the dog's intelligence. Camino understands that Kyanite is a short tempered canine, and dealing with her, and another stubborn dog like Ajax, can be difficult. Camino always will try to mitigate any arguments that arise, and can only hope that Kya in willing to calm listen. Regardless, Camino does like Kyanite, and might be seen walking alongside her, and possibly chatting if she feels in the mood for discussion (which isn't always, with Camino).

Ajax: Camino enjoys being with Ajax, finding that his energy is refreshing and fun- and she's also glad he can tone it down as well, and is always willing to calm himself and listen. She tends to feed off his energy, and is more loud and joking with him than most others.

Frosch: Camino is grateful for Frosch's uplifting presence, but he's a dog that will test her patience when it comes down to it. Camino is more tolerant of Frosch's antics than most of her other teammates, and will always lend an ear to listen to his non-stop talking, but has gotten weary of his hyperactive nature in the past. She's grateful that he is always willing to lighten the mood. Camino considers him to be somewhat puppy-like, and feels a sort of responsibility towards him so that she might be able to keep him from trouble.

Geralt: Camino and Geralt have quite a bit in common, and Camino really does adore the small dog. She's more inclined to joke around with him than some of the others, and appreciates his kind, empathetic nature. The two are close, and Camino is rather protective of her small friend - she will always be there whenever he needs.

History:

Her upbringing wasn't out of the ordinary, really. She does, however, have extensive training behind her. She knows the general map of the United States, after years of memorizing it - rather challenging, for a canine. She knows how to track, follow a trail, think practically, and survive. Her knowledge is quite extensive in these areas. She has grown attatched to her trainer, and worries a little about leaving them, but doesn't neccessairily have seperation anxiety or anything of the sort.

Themesong(s)/songs that remind you of your character:

The only one I could find eheh -

Edited at December 11, 2020 10:39 AM by Boundless
Starrys Character Stash |DNP| - Humanoid -December 11, 2020 10:43 AM

sock monkey

Lightbringer

Give Award
___

~ Detroit ~

- General -

Male|4|Kuvasz|Demiromantic Pansexual|

- Appearance -

I'll draw a ref for him soon.

Standing at an imposing 31 inches, and weighing about 115 pounds, Detroit is no small dog. Although his thick fur likely accounts for a few of those pounds, his massive size is evident with or without the snowy-white coat. Although sturdily built, Detroit is far from bulky. He is naturally athletic, although he hadn't gotten as much excersize as he probably should have in his previous home. The resulting physique is strong and light, but perhaps a little too rounded in the belly.

Pure snowy white in coloration, not a speck of another color can be found on Detroit's previously spotless coat. His fluffy-textured fur was groomed almost daily, and Detroit takes pride in the cleanliness of his fur. Small floppy ears frame his face, and his eyes offset his stark white coat with a brown so dark, it's nearly black. Detroit's nose, similarly, is jet black.

- Personality -

Aquarius - Awkward - Confident - Friendly -

Detroit is an odd cross of both confidence and awkwardness. He doesn't lack friends (well, before the earthquake, at least), but it does take a special sort of individual to tolerate him. He's social and ambiable, but he does tend to talk himself in circles and repeat everything when he can't figure out what to say - which is often. A little gruff, and very blunt, he may not be the ideal conversationalist. The problem lies in the fact that once you get Detroit talking about a passion of his, he absolutely won't shut up. Is he blind to even remotely subtle verbal cues? Yes. Is he bad at reading others? Also yes. He finds that understanding the nuances of body language and verbal hints is beyond him.

- Detatched - Thoughtful - Secure -

Detroit may be rather vain, but he isn't ever really bothered by the negative opinions of strangers. He's secure in who he is, and although he does like crave admiration, he has learned not to dwell on the insults of those he does not know. He is a sweet, thoughtful guy with friends and family, and when Detroit loves, he loves fiercly. . However, it does take quite a bit of time and effort for Detroit to become attatched to anyone. He doesn't develop connections quickly, and is easily rattled by romantic or flirty gestures. With strangers, he can be somewhat detatched emotionally.

- Leader - Outspoken - Open-minded -

More a leader than a follower, he'll take charge in a heartbeat. Detroit is not one to sit in the shadows and stay quiet, even if eloquent speech may not be his specialty. He'll speak out against what he believes to be wrong, and he'll do his best to promote, well, whatever he thinks to be right. That being said, he is open-minded, and his opinions are rarely set in stone.

- Forgetful - Intelligent - Selectively arrogant - Craves admiration -

Although forgetful and absent minded, he isn't dumb - just a little distracted, with his head in the clouds. Yes, he is intelligent, but it really isn't all that apparent initially. Even with his clueless moments, he believes himself to be smart and observant, and he wants others to view him in the same way. He longs for the admiration of others, even if it isn't a conscious desire. Not only is he convinced of his intellect, but also his self-disciplined, toughness, strength, etc.. Now, is he Resiliant and strong? Self-disciplined? Maybe - no one really knows. Simply put, he's rather arrogant, but not always in a superior sort of way - he just overestimates himself. (That being said, he will get cocky if challenged, and will rub his victory in the challenger's face, if said challenger is a friend of his.)

- Additional Information -

Zodiac and Birthday: Aquarius, November 4

Quotes: wip

Themesong: Still searching, wip

_____

Backstory:

Born to a high-end breeder in Hungry, Detroit was imported to his American family in Michigan at nine weeks old. His new owners, a young married couple, had been on a waitlist for more than a year to finally buy him - this line of Kuvasz dogs were the best of the best. The puppy was named after his new home - Detroit - and was groomed to be a show dog. He did win a few titles before he was switched over to working with sheep on a small farm his owners had bought and moved to in Northern Michigan. He only just completed training and was working with the livestock when his family picked up and moved to North Carolina for unknown reasons.

- Family -

Detroit's mother, father, and siblings are only vague memories to him at this point, and he doesn't really mind that. He was bought and shipped off as a young puppy, hence the lack of memory.

- Relationships -

None as of now.

Edited at December 11, 2020 10:46 AM by Boundless
Starrys Character Stash |DNP| - Humanoid -December 11, 2020 10:44 AM

sock monkey

Lightbringer

Give Award
res for Juno, wip

Forums > Roleplay > Characters
   1   ..    2    3    4    5 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved