Wolf Play : Dagger PackxEternal Calamity
Chatbox
 Destinations End
04:13:19 Toliska, Desti, Coy
@Ecifircas
He was the best boy. He was some kind of poodle mix, and a partidoodle.

Yes. I do. Let me grab some pictures :)
 Amygdala
04:12:56 Amy/Anpmygdala
Link
Do you have a DH? If not i can use a non boosted wolf
 Noquisi
04:12:49 Mac | Nikwasi
Matt
Basic accounts can get the same dominance buff for a couple apples
 kycantina
04:11:56 ky
The sun bears are reminding me why I want 3 explore teams lol
 Ecifircas
04:11:55 
Elixter, I spent 100k+ on dominance and then the update dropped. lmao

I wish I could have gotten a free 10k like that. lol
 Destinations End
04:11:54 Toliska, Desti, Coy
@Matt
Free users can get the item too. It just costs some apples.
 Ecifircas
04:11:17 
Destinations End, oh, woah. I can't imagine having a real life dog that looks like that. That is so cool. Any pictures? What kind of dog was it?
 Amygdala
04:11:14 Amy/Anpmygdala
Damn...no more chasing desti's pack in explore
 Elixter
04:10:49 Matt(hew)
I feel it's a bit odd to give such a big dominance buff to premium members
 Destinations End
04:09:13 Toliska, Desti, Coy
This is literally the most overall dominance I have ever had in my 10 years and some months on this game
 Raskith
04:08:24 Kinju
You're welcome. ^^
I was skeptical to use it, but once the new update showed what the dominance would be- I used it. And I've used it at least three times now. Super helpful!
 Anatolian Shepherd
04:07:30 Zombified Breyer
It's unlimited. I used stagger and its allowing me to stagger again with the same points.
 Destinations End
04:07:27 Toliska, Desti, Coy
@Kinju
Sweet! Thank you for clarifying. I'm definitely using it then
 Rimfax
04:07:12 
Desti, its unlimited, or at least I have not found the limit yet
 Hallow's Eve
04:07:09 Hallow, Eve
Desti

I think it is Unlimited. I used it once and I have the option to use it again
 Raskith
04:06:54 Kinju
It is unlimited for premium
 Destinations End
04:05:59 Toliska, Desti, Coy
If it's not unlimited I mean
 Destinations End
04:05:44 Toliska, Desti, Coy
Oh. Dang. I could change my dominance from 879 to 6570 ^^'

The only thing is most of my wolves are like 12+ and I don't know for sure if premium users only get one of the new item or if it's unlimited for us. If it's unlimited I want to wait until I restart my pack
 AshesAndStarlight
04:05:14 Star/Ash/Ashes
Desti
Pretty much the same..
I do hope you feel better soon. How was your day/whatever time it was before this moment 😅
 Destinations End
04:02:20 Toliska, Desti, Coy
@Star
Eh... I don't really know right now. Not the best I guess.

And you?

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Wolverine : +5
Grizzly Bear : -5
Mamba : +2
    Spring   Day  Weather:  Light Rain

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1   ..    24    25    26    27    28   ..   39 

Dagger PackxEternal CalamityJuly 12, 2022 11:28 AM

Dagger Pack

Darkseeker

Give Award
That evening she allowed her Beta's to sort patrols, she was incredibly tired, and was barely staying awake. She was laying on the rock ledge that she usually stood on to address the pack, the Beta's sitting at the base of the ledge, while the rest of the pack was gathered around. Some kept shooting glances up at their Alpha, who although looked tired, did not look defeated. Though, worry was on her face as well. When Khan and his patrol had returned, they had to take the conversation into the Alpha's den. Laika, Khan, Aiden, and Rhys had sat discussing it for the rest of the morning.

The patrol had ventured further out then they normally did, and they did smell rouges. They had smelled maybe five rouges? Which confused Laika. Brutus was correct about rouges gathering, but five of them? There was no way that a group of five rouges could possibly take out their pack. But then Laika had mentioned that it could be a scouting patrol. The bulk of the rouges could still be moving towards them. That had received only silence and worried glances. Finally Laika had decided that a patrol of eight wolves would be going into the unclaimed lands every day, day and night to check. And only the older wolves would be allowed to go. A Beta would lead a patrol, and Laika was planning on leading a patrol herself soon.

Now, as the Alpha looked over the patrol sorting, she could see the worry and stress in the older wolves' eyes as well. After the four had emerged from the Alpha's den, all of the older Delta's had been summoned for a meeting in the Delta's den, while the younger ones were out on patrol or doing things within the camp. Now all of the older ones were alerted and warned to keep an eye out for anything suspicious. Tonight's unclaimed lands patrol would be led by Laika herself. She would be taking Nova, Ignatius, Inigo, Rhys, Cyrus, Hugo, and Fintan. Those seven were already waiting, gathered in a little group on the edge of the gathered pack. Laika was simply wanting to oversee the rest of the patrols, before they would head out.

Because the Beta's were sorting patrols, there wasn't much arguments or rebellions and sorting went a lot easier. Three patrols would go out. One for the other three borders. While two hunting patrols would go out for the night. Finally, Laika leaps down, gathering her patrol. She would take Rhys since she had gone that morning, see if the wolf found a new scent.

It didn't take long for the eight to reach the border, and they step over. Entering the unclaimed lands, now they were incredibly on edge. Ears pricked up, moving silently, head moving toward any sound. An ambush would not be good. Suddenly the wind shifts and dozens and dozens of scents hit the wolves. Rhys glances at her Alpha,"There were only five this morning." Worry shot through Laika as she leads the patrol forward. They come to a ledge, and Laika gestures her patrol to stay back as she creeps forward, her pelt blending in. Her eyes widen at the sight below. Rouges, dozens of them. She backs up, turning to her patrol, fear in her eyes as she quickly explains.

"We must head back. There are dozens of rouges. Enough to over power us." Rhys murmurs,"How many?" Laika blinks,"Enough to match the numbers of all four packs combined." Fear shot through the rest of the wolves. The rouges were marching straight towards their camp, no doubt to ambush the wolves in the middle of the night, when they were at their weakest. "Come. We must move quickly."

The patrol returns back to camp, the moon was now in the sky. Laika wasted no time, she simply lets out a summoning howl. The wolves gather. Laika was swift to explain, her patrol backing her up. And then she gives her orders. "We prepare for battle, now. Rhys, Ignatius. Take the elders, mothers, and pups. Take them to the Terra Lupi, they are the closest. Cyrus and Hugo, you go to the Akvo Lupi. Fintan and Nova, you go to the Caeli Lupi. Inform them of the rouges, ask for help. Beg them if you must." The wolves nod and within minutes they were off. The elders and mothers rushing after Rhys and Ignatius, pups dangling from all the wolves mouths. With any luck they would arrive quick enough for Ferox to send help. If one pack was wiped out...

(Sorry if this is long, and if the attack is to big, XD)
Dagger PackxEternal CalamityJuly 12, 2022 01:11 PM

Eternal Calamity

Darkseeker

Give Award

Ferox was awakened in the night by another wolf shaking him with one paw. With a jolt, Ferox woke up and got to his paws. "Bracken?" he asked. "What is it?" Seeing that Ferox was awake, Bracken backed up and dipped his head, looking nervous. "Sorry to wake you, Alpha," he said. "One of the night patrols reported a... situation in the Ignis Lupi territory near the border." Ferox quickly got to his paws and followed Bracken out of the den. "Do we have wolves at the border watching?" he asked. Bracken nodded. "The patrol left three of our wolves to keep an eye on things," he replied. "The three that came back know more."

Ferox nodded and made his way over to where a group of three wolves were sitting. "Petra, Slate, Invictus, what's going on?" he asked, sitting down with them. Petra spoke up first. "We were patrolling along the Ignis Lupi border when we spotted a large group of wolves approaching," she said. "We watched them for a little while. It looked like they were coming right for the border, so we left three wolves to keep an eye on them, or stall them at the border until we can get a big enough patrol out there to deal with the situation." Ferox gave a nod, then looked over at Slate. "How many were there?" he asked. Slate hesitated, as if holding back a sharp remark, but he knew this was no time for that. "I couldn't tell," he said. "But there was something strange, it seemed like the entire group was comprised of elders, pups, and their mothers."

Ferox froze. "The rogues," he muttered under his breath, momentarily forgetting that he wasn't supposed to know what was going on. Slate looked over at him. "Pardon?" Ferox hastily shook his head. "Nothing," he said. "Gather ten able-bodied wolves and have them report to me as soon as you can. Make sure one of them is fast." Slate nodded and walked away. Petra and Invictus followed him, and Ferox made his way to the Elder's den. "Elder," he whispered, gently shaking Oak's shoulder. The elderly wolf woke up surprisingly quickly. "What is it, Ferox?" he asked. "What time is it?" Ferox shook his head. "It's midnight, but that's not important," he said. "There's a situation at the Ignis Lupi border. I'm bringing some wolves with me, but I need everyone here to be prepared to host some guests." Oak tilted his head. "Guests?" he asked. "What's going on?"

With a sigh, Ferox sat down. "I just got a report that a group of elders, mothers, and pups are approaching our territory," he said. "I can't think of any reason they'd be here unless the Ignis Lupi pack is in some sort of trouble." Oak gave a nod. "I'll make sure we're prepared," he said. Ferox nodded, then stepped out of the den. The ten wolves he had asked for were gathered. "We're going to the Ignis Lupi border," he said. "Follow Petra and Invictus." The two wolves looked startled for a moment, then they took off running. Ferox, Slate, and the ten wolves followed, moving swiftly and silently across their land. Anxiety gnawed at Ferox as they approached the border. Please be ok, Laika, he thought to himself.

Soon, the border and the three patrol wolves came into view, along with the group of Ignis Lupi wolves. The ten Terra Lupi wolves stopped and spread out, teeth bared, ready for a fight. "Stand down," Ferox ordered. When the wolves didn't immediately comply, Ferox snarled. "I said stand down!" Finally, the wolves relaxed, and Ferox trotted closer to the border, regarding the Ignis Lupi wolves with a mixture of caution and worry. "What's going on?" he asked. "Why are you here?"

(It's all good ^^)

Edited at July 12, 2022 01:11 PM by Eternal Calamity
Dagger PackxEternal CalamityJuly 12, 2022 02:29 PM

Dagger Pack

Darkseeker

Give Award
Rhys and Ignatius each had a pup in their mouth, and they set them down at their paws. Though were prepared to defend the pups if needed. The mates exchange a glance. Behind them the elders and mothers mingle, almost every wolf had a pup in their mouth. Rhys glances back at the Alpha Male,"I am Rhys and this is Ignatius." Ignatius dips his head,"My sister, our Alpha, Laika has sent us for help. There are rouges attacking. More then we can count. She has sent wolves to all the packs, asking for help. We have brought our eldest and our youngest to you in hope you will shelter them." Some of the pups had started to cry and mothers hurry over to comfort them. The one at Rhys paws lets out a particularly high whine and she dips her head to lap at the pup.

Ignatius looks down at the pup, then back to the Terra Lupi,"We also need help. As much as you can spare. There were dozens of wolves. Enough to wipe out all of our packs if we do not combine our forces." There was a hint of desperation in his voice, it hurt him to ask for help, but they needed it. Rhys lifts her head back up,"If you will not help us fight, will you at least shelter our elders and our mothers and their pups?"
"We take the fight to them."

Laika growls, stalking back and forth in front of her pack. There was no sign of rebellion now. No matter how much they disliked Laika being Alpha, they loved their pack, and they were not going to let it fall to rouges. "They will be at our border by now. If not almost here. The best place to face them will be the training clearing." She blinks at her pack,"There must be no hesitation and no rebellion tonight. Our lives depend on it. You may not trust me as Alpha, but trust me to fight beside you to the death." Murmurs run around the pack as some shift. "I need to know that I will have your complete trust tonight."

It took a second, but there were agreements, Laika didn't like the hesitation, but there was no more time to dwell on it. She would lead the wolves into battle. Her Delta's and her trainees, and hopefully they would be able to last long enough for back-up to come. Her brother and Rhys should already be at the Terra Lupi, and the other two should be close to their destination. With any luck, no lives would be lost tonight.

There was no sound as the Ignis Lupi began their trek to the training clearing, only silence. Eyes were narrowed, ears were pricked, and hackles were raised. They were ready for the fight. Laika stops at the top of the clearing, her sharp eyes scanning the undergrowth of the other side. And then the undergrowth exploded with wolves. Dozens and dozens of rouges spill into the clearing... The clearing would barely be big enough to fight. Laika lets out a battle cry before charging down the slope. Ignis Lupi wolves following, fire sparking at their feet and around their bodies as the two groups collide. Within seconds the Ignis Lupi were surrounded, and Laika could see nothing but rouges.

Desperation and determination fills the Alpha as she fights, rouges flinching back from her fire, only to attack as her fire dwindles. Cries of pain and triumph fly through the air from both the rouges and the Ignis Lupi. Laika's fire-lit black paws swipe through the air, claws flashing as she takes down as many rouges as she could. No doubt she was bleeding, but she had no time to sit down and check. This was a battle for the death.
Dagger PackxEternal CalamityJuly 12, 2022 03:02 PM

Eternal Calamity

Darkseeker

Give Award

Ferox listned to the two wolves explanation and let out a sigh. This was what he had feared... "Slate, Petra, guide these wolves to our camp and make sure they are cared for. Once you're done, come straight to the Ignis Lupi territory. We're going to help fight." Ferox studied the ten wolves with him and selected one. "Crystal, you're the fastest," he said. "Run back to the camp as fast as you can and gather everyone who can fight." Crystal nodded and took off, not even pausing to resist his order. "The rest of you, follow me!"

Ferox and his wolves raced into Ignis Lupi territory. Ferox had a vague idea of where the camp was, so he'd check there first. As he ran, he began planning. According to the two Ignis Lupi wolves who had explained the situation, they would be outnumbered by a lot. The pack wolves had the advantage of their powers, which were discouraged from being used in a fight, could help if the situation became desperate enough. The way Ferox saw it, the rogues attacking with a force of this magnitude warranted fierce retaliation, so he was going to use his abilities as best he could.

The Akvo Lupi wolves' powers would not be much help in the Ignis Lupi's territory unless they could find a source of water, but the Caeli Lupi would certainly be useful. Terra Lupi powers would be limited because of the sand, but hopefully there would be solid ground they could use, and Ferox remembered his accidental discovery. "There aren't many solid rocks here, but if you vibrate the sand, it'll become more fluid!" he called. "Use that if you have to!" Soon, they could see orange flashes of light in the distance. Fire, Ferox thought grimly. It's already begun.

Ferox pulled ahead of his group, and soon, the fight came into view. It was chaos; fire was everywhere, the stench of burning fur filled the air, but there were so many rogues that Ferox didn't think the Ignis Lupi wolves would last much longer. Ferox ran toward where the opposition looked heaviest, and with a ferocious snarl, launched himself into combat. The wolf he attacked fell quickly, and Ferox finished them off with a hard bite to the throat, then was immediately attacked. His wolves came to his aid, fighting off the rogues as best they could. The rogues were momentarily caught off guard by the sudden attack, and Ferox used the opportunity to get past them. He quickly found Laika as the rogues recovered from the shock. Careful not to get to close to her fire, he called, "The wolves you sent us are safe! The rest of my pack will be here soon!"

Dagger PackxEternal CalamityJuly 12, 2022 03:16 PM

Dagger Pack

Darkseeker

Give Award
Rhys and Ignatius dip their head to pick up the pups as the two the Terra Lupi Alpha named began to lead the Ignis Lupi toward their camp. The pups had quieted, they were tired and some were asleep. Mothers were worried for their pups and the Elders had worry in their eyes, they knew what was going on back home. And they wished they were still young enough to fight. Rhys and Ignatius wished they could return to the fight to help, but they would stay with their packmates in the Terra Lupi camp. Laika would want them to, to watch over the elders, mothers, and pups.
Fire and blood.

That was all Laika saw as she fought. She had a deep and bloody wound on her shoulder and dozens of small ones scattered across her body. But so did every wolf in the clearing. There was not one that was uninjured. In a fight like this? Howls and growls ring through the air as flashes of orange and red sear the air. Fire, but even their fire was only doing so much. What the rouges lacked in power, they made up for in numbers. For every rouge that dropped, three more replaced him. Laika snarls as her claws slash across another rouge, dropping the female rouge to the ground. Where was the back-up?

And then the rouges falter, the Terra Lupi had arrived. Relief floods through Laika, one pack had arrived. The other two should be along shortly. She had no time to dwell on that as she was tackled by a rouge. A snarl rises as she explodes with fire. Her black pelt becoming red and hot with flames. The rouge yowls in pain and leaps off, Laika drags her claws across the wolf's face and the rouge retreats, whining in pain. Soon the rouges around her were shoved out of the way. The sudden parting of the rouges revealed a familiar brown pelt. Relief flickers through Laika as her fire dies down. She dips her head, her packmates were safe. "Thank you!" She calls back.

Though she had no time to say anything else as a large white rouge lands in between the two. Laika bares her teeth at once, her pelt and paws lighting on fire once again. Launching herself forward. The two fall into a tussle, her claws flashing as she holds her own against the large white wolf. Though the white wolf proves hard to fight, continuing to fight despite the fire racing across Laika. Were the rouges suicidal? The fire would be destroying them, painfully killing them before a pack wolf would quickly and mercifully end their suffering. What were the rouges aiming for? And who was leading them?

Suddenly the air was split with howls, ones Laika recognized. Cyrus and Hugo's angry howls announced their arrival, and as Laika manages to spare a glance. She spotted the blue-ish pelts of the Akvo Lupi. Led by Silver and Ari. The Akvo snarl and launch themselves down the clearing onto the rouges. Now the numbers were starting to even out. The only pack they needed now were the Caeli Lupi. Laika could only hope that Rider wouldn't be that cruel. That Rider did care enough about all the packs.

Laika lets out a cry as the wolf manages to throw her. She hits the ground painfully, hearing a crack as her head thumps against the ground. She groans, that one hurt. Through her blurring vision she could see the white wolf bounding towards her. A gleam in his eyes as he prepares to finish the injured Alpha off. Laika was coming back from the pain, but not fast enough.
Dagger PackxEternal CalamityJuly 12, 2022 03:50 PM

Eternal Calamity

Darkseeker

Give Award

Once Ferox confirmed that Laika had heard him, he through himself back into the fray, attacking a heavily scarred, massive grey wolf head on. The wolf was an experienced fighter and wasn't surprised by the sudden attack, baring his teeth and going for Ferox' throat. Ferox jumped back, snarling, then lunged forward, snapping at the wolf's muzzle, forcing them to retreat step by step. Ferox growled fiercely and pounced, feinting left, and when the wolf took the bait, he attacked, getting his teeth into the other wolf's throat and tearing savagely until they were dead. With all the fire in the air, it was growing hot, but Ferox ignored the temperature as he turned to face his next opponent.

The sandy ground made it difficult for him to use his power effectively, so he relied on his own strength, which was greater than his size suggested. He tore through wolf after wolf, blood staining his fur, teeth, the ground. Ferox finally fell when a large white and brown wolf attacked, scratching at his shoulder and using their weight to knock him down. Ferox fought hard, taking one of the wolf's eyes, but they were shredding him. Just when it seemed like he would be killed, howls split the air, and Ferox's opponent looked up for a moment. Ferox's head darted up and gripped the wolf's throat, and he quickly flipped them around so he was on top, and he held him down until the wolf was dead.

Ferox looked up and saw that the Akvo Lupi wolves had arrived, and he gave a grim smile, limping back into combat. However, the rogues only fought harder. All Ferox could smell was blood and fire, and his vision was tinted red, as he defended himself from another rogue. He dodged as they lunged for him, and he quickly pounced on them, gripping their scruff and trying to hold them down. This wolf must have been more cowardly than the rest, squirming free and running, his tail between his legs, only to run into a Terra Lupi wolf, who quickly dispatched him. Ferox quickly looked around. The rest of his pack still hadn't arrived...

Ferox froze as he watched Laika struck her head against the ground. "NO!" he shouted, racing toward her. Two wolves were in his way; he slaughtered them both, but not before receiving a bad wound to his forehead, from which blood dripped into his eye, partially blinding him. He made it to Laika's side and stared at the wolf, snarling viciously as they approached. Ferox wasn't sure he could hold them off in his current state, but then he realized he was standing on solid ground. A savage grin crossed his face as he slammed his paws against the ground, sending a shock wave spreading outward from the point of contact. It was enough to through the wolf off balance, and Ferox attacked, jumping on top of them and getting his jaws into their neck, tightening his grip until he heard a sharp SNAP. The wolf's eyes rolled up and he fell over, dead.

Ferox gave a howl, and a few of his wolves came. "There's solid ground here!" he shouted. "Use it!" Another howl echoed through the air, and Ferox looked up as a strong wind began blowing. The Caeli Lupi wolves had arrived! Rider led the attack, making short work of the first couple rogues he fought, and then Ferox lost sight of him as the fight went on. As before, the presence of more wolves only made the rogues fight harder, and Ferox was growing desperate. He wasn't sure how many more he could fight before he fell, but he fought on, doing his best to make use of the solid ground.

Dagger PackxEternal CalamityJuly 12, 2022 04:15 PM

Dagger Pack

Darkseeker

Give Award
A angry snarl rippled through the air and it took Laika a second to realize it was Ferox. And within a minute he was beside her. The pain was fading and she was starting to rock back on her feet. But as the rouge stalks closer, she knew neither her nor Ferox would be able to take the rouge on in their state. And then just as Laika struggles to her feet, Ferox slams his paws into the ground. She felt the ground ripple with a shockwave, throwing many wolves off balance. Laika herself almost fell back over, but she simply shakes the blood and headache away, mostly. And straightens up.

She watches Ferox take out the rouge, and she turns attention back to the fight. A new howl echoes the fight and Laika looks up to see the Caeli Lupi and relief floods her again. Her wolves, Nova and Fintan were standing beside Rider. And the two leap into the fray. The gust of wind was refreshing even to the Ignis Lupi. The air was hot, and even the Ignis Lupi were starting to feel the heat. They were growing tired. The Ignis Lupi healers had dragged many wolves off to the side. Tending to them. Barely able to keep them back down to heal. Many leaping back into battle.

But, the numbers were even now and even as the rouges attack more fiercely, the powers of the four packs were overwhelming. The Akvo Lupi were using the nearby water source to attack. Winds were whipping from the Caeli Lupi. After being informed by Ferox, even the Terra Lupi found solid ground admist the sand. And though the Ignis Lupi were tiring, their fires continued to burn. Laika dips her head to Ferox,"Thank you." She blinks warmly at him and launches forward again. The rouges numbers were beginning to dwindle. How could they not? They had no healers. Their wounds were slowing them while the elemental packs were being tended to by the Ignis Lupi healers.

And even if the herbs weren't enough to heal the wolves immediately, it gave them enough strength to leap back into battle. Bodies of the rouges littered the ground and many had fled. The only thing keeping the rouges here, was their leader. Laika's head whips back and forth. Who was the leader? Laika fights her way to the edge, leaping up to get to higher ground. Her eyes searching the fight. If she found the leader, and killed him, then the rouges would surely flee. Their numbers were getting low enough anyway.

There.

Laika finally spots the leader. A massive rusted brown colored male, with eyes are red as blood. The sight made Laika shiver, and then she growls. She stalks around the edge until she was close. The leader was taking on three wolves, beating them back even as they pelted him with their powers. Laika lets out a fierce growl, her entire body lighting on fire. A feat that was incredibly difficult for the Ignis Lupi and could only be achieved by the most experienced fire users. And though the feat was impressive, Laika had seen more impressive. In her whole life she'd only seen one wolf capable of not only catching his whole body on fire, but also burning his fire so hot that it turned blue.

Laika launches forward, slamming into the leader and her nostrils were filled with the smell of burning fur and skin. The leader lets out a snarl as he twists around to snag her, and whip her back around, tossing her. Laika hits the ground before leaping back up, shaking until her vision was clear again. In time to see the rusted brown leader charging at her. The three wolves he had been previously fighting, stand their ground beside her, teeth bared. Laika growls, ready to meet the attack head on.
Dagger PackxEternal CalamityJuly 12, 2022 05:09 PM

Eternal Calamity

Darkseeker

Give Award

Ferox was exhausted. He had fought and killed more wolves tonight than he could count, and they kept coming. He took heart in the fact that their numbers were dwindling and fought on, using his sand-vibration trick wherever he could to trap rogues in the sand for other wolves to finish off. The large scale use of his powers was exhausting, even for someone as competent with them as he was. He was at the point now where he had to stop using his powers; even something as small as moving a small shard of loose stone drained his energy. Ferox turned back to his teeth and claws, biting and tearing at any enemy who came within reach. Many times he was wounded, but the adrenaline coursing through his body kept him from feeling most of the pain.

Ferox stumbled forward as a wolf attacked him from behind, and he whipped around to face them. There were three of them, and they attacked all at once, forcing Ferox to fall back and defend himself. Drawing on what remaining strength he had, he attacked the smallest one, surprising them with his attack and crippling them by biting down on a leg hard enough to break it. They gave a cry and went down, and Ferox turned as the two wolves tackled him. Ferox snarled and bit at them, using his hind legs to push one wolf off and biting at the chest of the other. He managed to squirm out from beneath them and clawed at their face, blinding them. Turning to face the last wolf, Ferox found that one of his wolves had already killed them. Then he realized that this wolf had no wounds and had nearly no blood in their fur.

"You made it!" he shouted as Crystal led the rest of the Terra Lupi wolves into battle. Reinvigorated, Ferox gave a howl and began fighting again. It didn't take long for him to be separated from his packmates as he fought wildly. After tearing out the throat of one of the rogues, Ferox was tackled from the side. He managed to stay on his paws, but he froze, seeing who his attacker was. "Steel," he snarled. "Why am I not surprised you've turned on us?" Steel gave a laugh. "I'm not turning on the packs," he said. "Just you. No one will know that I was the one that killed you, and when we drive these rogues out, I'll return to the pack and claim my position as Alpha!" Steel hurled himself at Ferox, who quickly dodged out of the way and rammed into him with his shoulder. Steel stumbled, but didn't fall, giving a laugh as he threw himself at Ferox. He was big, but shockingly fast. He tore at Ferox with his claws, gripping his scruff in his teeth and hurling him to the side, where he rolled to a halt, exhausted and bleeding from new wounds.

Steel grinned as Ferox tried to stand. "I'm going to enjoy this, Alpha," he snarled, stepping forward for the kill. Suddenly, his paw sank through the sand. Startled, he tried to pull back, but the sand around him was like water, and he only sunk deeper. Ferox sat up, glaring, his paws trembling from the effort as sand covered Slate's shoulders. Panic filled the larger wolf's gaze as he floundered about in the sand, desperately trying to keep his head above the sand. "Alpha, wait," he gasped. "Please, let m-" Slate's head sank beneath the sand and Ferox released the power. The sand solidified again, leaving no sign of the traitor. Ferox slumped to one side, desperately trying to stay awake as the battle raged on around him. He looked on helplessly as four rogues surrounded him, ready to finish him off.

There was a howl, and suddenly the rogues were fighting for their lives as the Terra Lupi wolves attacked. A Terra Lupi healer tried to drag Ferox away, but he pulled away and staggered to his paws, barely able to keep his balance. "Alpha, you need to come with me," she insisted. Ferox shook his head and joined his wolves in fighting off the four rogues. Across the battlefield, Ferox spotted Laika and her wolves facing a huge wolf that must have been the rogues leader. "Over there!" he called. "Target that wolf!" It was difficult going; they fought through rogues, stumbling over the bodies of the slain, but Ferox refused to fall again.

Dagger PackxEternal CalamityJuly 12, 2022 06:14 PM

Dagger Pack

Darkseeker

Give Award
The large male managed to plow all four of the wolves over. However all four Ignis Lupi wolves managed to cling on, a small fire igniting at their paws before sputtering out. All the wolves were tired, especially the Ignis Lupi who had been fighting the longest. If Laika would stop to look, she would notice that many of her wolves were no longer in the battle. Including her youngest brother, Inigo. But, the Alpha would not learn the fate of her injured packmates until after the fight was over.

Laika digs her claws in ripping at the wolf as he targets her packmates, who barely manage to fend him off. Laika balances on the leader's back, throwing her head back to howl. She was summoning her pack, they had just a little more fire left in them, and those Ignis Lupi who were still in the fight start towards the leader. Tearing their way through the rouges. The Akvo Lupi doing the same. It didn't take long, the rouges numbers were dwindling too much. But so were the packs, they needed to end the fight, and they needed to end it quick.

Dozens of wolves launch themselves at the leader, and their weight alone manages to knock the rouge over. Laika scrambles around as the large wolf falls, slamming her claws at his throat. Her eyes were angry, and she snarls,"I'd say remember what happens when you attack us. But, you'll be too dead to remember." She was no killer, the Ancient Laws decreed that much about the packs. But, this was self defense. It was do or die, and if the leader wasn't killed, if the rouges weren't driven off. They would die. There was no time to be merciful and allow the rouge leader to flee. It had to be done.

Laika lifts her claw and rakes it across the leader's throat. It was a deep wound, and blood started spurting, getting on Laika. Covering the dry blood, both hers and others, with fresh blood. But Laika doesn't flinch as she holds the leader down, not allowing him to struggle to his feet. The fight was short and soon the leader was dead. Laika lets out another howl, this one demanding and angry. It rung across the battle, and one by one the rouges turned to look. Seeing their leader dead, and a group of angry pack wolves, they began to retreat. Very few stayed and they were quickly taken care of. Laika slides to the ground as she watches what was remaining of the Ignis Lupi pack as they tear after the retreating rouges, snarling and nipping at their heels.

The Alpha allows them to chase the rouges off, they deserved it. The rouges had invaded their territory and the Ignis Lupi had stood their ground, with the help of the other packs of course. Speaking of which, as the sounds of battle die down, Laika looks around for Ferox and the injured. She spots Ferox first, blinking at him. Though she made no move toward him, simply looking around for her injured packmates. One wolf runs up,"Ember?" The Alpha's sister blinks desperately at Laika,"It's Inigo."

Fear shot through the Alpha as she forces her tired body into a sprint, around the clearing wolves were gathering around their Alpha's. Healers and not so injured wolves were gathering those to injured to move and those who were slain. The rouges would be buried later. Laika pelts across the clearing as fast as she could, crouching beside her dying brother. Laika buries her muzzle into Inigo's fur, the wolf's flanks were barely rising. He was too far to be saved. Laika whines, her mother and Ignatius would be devastated. Inigo had always been the bright one of the family, always managing to make his family and packmates laugh.
Dagger PackxEternal CalamityJuly 12, 2022 06:48 PM

Eternal Calamity

Darkseeker

Give Award

Ferox did his best to fight on, but his exhaustion, both from fighting and blood loss, was taking its toll. The fighting grew more and more difficult, and although Ferox managed to push through, trying to get to Laika so he could help her, he knew that if he stopped even for a moment, he'd drop where he was. Adrenaline was the only thing keeping him on his paws now. His wolves weren't doing much better. Of the ten he had brought with him, only four remained standing. Still, Ferox kept his gaze locked on Laika and the large wolf she was fighting, trying to get to her.

He wasn't going to make it. The rogues were attacking his group, and although they did their best, the Terra Lupi wolves around him began to fall. Ferox fought back, trying to protect his packmates, but there were just too many for him to fight alone. But still he fought. If he had to die, then this was how he would go; covered in blood, his teeth buried in another wolf's throat. Then he heard the howl. Slowly, the fighting stopped, and to Ferox's relieved shock, the rogues began to flee. Ferox tried to join the wolves chasing them off, but he stumbled and fell, and decided to just lay down for a little while.

After a minute or two, Ferox dragged himself back to his paws. He was aching all over; now that the adrenaline had worn off, there was no shield between him and the pain of his wounds. He dragged himself forward, trying to find Laika to make sure she was alright. "Alpha!" Ferox looked up at the call and saw the pack healer approaching. "I need to tend to your wounds," she said. Ferox shook his head. "There are others... hurt far worse than me," he said tiredly. "Take care of them first. I'll... I'll be fine." The healer hesitated, but Ferox bared his teeth slightly and she nodded and began attending to another wolf's wounds.

Ferox finally saw Laika, but he stopped a short distance away from her and sat down. She was crouched beside another wolf, one that bore some resemblance to her... Ferox lowered his head sorrowfully as he realized that this must be some family member. He wished he could go to her, but he couldn't without everyone present discovering their secret. So Ferox sat where he was for a moment. He hoped he'd get a chance to talk to her before he took his wolves back home, but for now, he could say nothing to her. "I'm sorry, Laika," he whispered softly. Then he turned and began helping move the rogues bodies and get those that needed healing some medical attention.

The healer insisted on attending to him for a third time, and Ferox gave a weak snarl. He was too fatigued to resist anymore, though, and she began cleaning out the worst of his wounds. As the last of his strength faded, Ferox laid down in the sand and closed his eyes with a sigh, still fighting to stay awake. Finally, as the sun began to rise, Ferox and his wolves began to depart. Those that could still walk helped carry the injured and the dead of their pack. Ferox glanced back at Laika. He didn't know if she would come to the border tonight after what had happened, but he still intended to come, even if she didn't. Once the wolves were back at camp, Ferox stumbled to his den and curled up on the floor just before consciousness fled.

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1   ..    24    25    26    27    28   ..   39 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us