Wolf Play : What is Left of Us | Open!
Chatbox
 Malcuth
07:25:50 Wander
Oh well I hope you have a good day at work ^^
 Magnus Bane
07:20:28 Mag/Maggy
Just about to get out of bed and go to work :')
 Malcuth
07:17:44 Wander
Pretty good! How about you? Any plans for your day
 Magnus Bane
07:16:31 Mag/Maggy
How are you?
 Malcuth
07:15:38 Wander
Good morning
 Magnus Bane
07:15:03 Mag/Maggy
Good morning
 Malcuth
07:14:57 Wander
-WP Click-
 Malcuth
07:14:13 Wander
-WP Click- she has crazy pups already
 teddy
07:03:08 its yellow
before you leave?
 StarClan
06:57:43 Going to leave..
thanks! I'm going to gift it to my friend before I leave..
 teddy
06:56:51 its yellow
starclan congrats!
 StarClan
06:55:39 Going to leave..
I have an apple now!
 Karou
06:55:37 
i can help if you'd like I love making custom designs
 ScardeyKat
06:54:55 Kat ?
Ok yay. Now the hard part is making it </3 I suck at making customs lol. Wish me Luck >:3
 Poe
06:54:09 
Kat-
I'm a sucker for a viti so I'm saying yes
 StarClan
06:52:34 Going to leave..
yes
 ScardeyKat
06:47:41 Kat ?
Should I Customize?
-WP Click-
 Forest Dwelling
06:20:23 I am on Wolflocke ok
Just 2 and a half more bronze figures left until I can start focusing on building my 2 stragglers
-WP Click-
 Star Tha AOD
06:06:27 i stalk chat (Star)
Arachne
yeah she kinda does
 Amygdala
05:37:55 Amy/Anpmygdala
Kat
I love black phase XD

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Black Bear : +2
Black Bear : -1
Grey Fox : +3
    Fall   Day  Weather:  Sunny

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Literate
   1   ..    31    32    33    34    35   ..   53 

What is Left of Us | Open!April 14, 2020 10:18 AM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award

Hero // Male // Kilo // Wolf/German Shepard // 39 // M: Kordelas, Ginger, Maze, Arrow, all others there

Hero darted down the tunnel, ignoring Kordelas and Maze as they paused a moment to talk. He had already wasted too much time.

"Idiot!" Hero scolded himself. "You were supposed to be there, your job is to help protect base, to help protect the others." He emerged to a horrible sight and smell. He could see that almost every, if not every, dog there was injured. He smelled do much blood and saw so much pain and hostility.

He gazed around, he spotted Arrow and Ginger quickly, but Tysta was no where in sight. "No." Hero assumed the worst immediately, and as usual, with his luck, the worst was correct. Hero's mussels tensed. For the first time sense Ash had died the cold, but calm and loyal wolfblood had no idea what to do.

"Ginger?" Hero's voice was just audible, and slightly shaky. "Arrow?" His amber eyes darted around and he felt guilt rise in him, so much so quickly that he nearly fell over.

"I promise to keep them safe."

Those were his last words to Ash before she had died, and he had broken that promise. Here he stood, facing with a very similar position to what he had faced that night that his father had killed Ash, and he was just as helpless.

"It's your fault." A voice hissed in his head, and Hero looked up, straightening up. "Yes." He whispered to himself. "It is, and I will never be forgiven for it, but I won't give up now."

Suddenly, the guilt almost disappeared from Hero's expression, replaced by anger and determination. "Ginger." He said, this time louder. "I have failed you, I'm sorry. Arrow, you as well, and Kordelas, even you Maze. And I failed Tysta." He looked at the dogs he named, and then at the ground when he mentioned Tysta. "And Ash. I'm sorry, though I know I do not deserve to be forgivin. I was caught in my own sorrows, and I abandoned my job and broke my promise."

He stood there for a moment, then spoke again. "I will fight now if there is battle left, and I will not abandon. I have nothing and no one left to live for, and if I lose my life I know no one would care. So, one your word, Commander." Hero's amber eyes went once more to each Kilo dog in turn, then rested on Ginger. "Let me fight, and let me attempt to do as I tried to so long ago, let me fight the cull who killed Tysta."

"Only cull fight cull."

But Hero had never lived by the rules, and he had broken that one a long time ago and lived still. This time he was determind to finish the fight, even if it meant losing his life.

What is Left of Us | Open!April 14, 2020 01:28 PM

Grimm

Darkseeker

Give Award

Arrow | Female | Terrier Mix | Kilo Dog | M: Tysta, Ginger, Zadolt, Aadya

As soon as the Beta dog spoke, her muzzle wrinkled. She knew what the Cull was going to say, she couldn't go back. Hoffen would kill her. The little dog could care less at this point. Her best friend was dead.

Something hardened in her eyes, and with an insolent glare directed toward Ginger, she tensed her muscles and dashed off before anyone could stop her. She ran, aching muscles fueled by adrenaline and hate, anger, fear. She had to go bury Tysta. The Cull didn't deserve to. He was a traitor, a murderer.

The small female practically skid around the corner, coming face to face with the massive Cull. He was even bigger than the one that had commanded him, the female, Kampa? Ginger had said something like that. She was tiny compared to the male, yet he froze when he saw her.

The one-crimson blood darkened his charcoal fur, soaking into his coat. It was oily, wet, and black. Hoffen's beard was matted with crusted blood, and not all of it Tysta's. The deep gash on his face had a dirty red scab forming. It looked irritated by all the dust in the air. If Arrow had cared about him at all, she would say it looked infected.

Some unreadable emotion, something flashed across the Cull's face. He stood, forepaws in a shallow, half-dug hole. Arrow could barely spot a bundle of dirty, blood-streaked fur. Yet it was still unmistakably golden.

Without a word, the Cull nodded to the pile of loose dirt beside the hole. He looked forlorn, but in Arrow's mind, he was taunting her. Lying. Culls lied, they didn't feel emotion.

And then he turned and left, just like that.

What is Left of Us | Open!April 14, 2020 02:03 PM

Mara Moonridge

Darkseeker

Give Award

Kordelas (Kor) / Male / Doberman Shepherd (doberman pinscher x German shepherd) / Kilo / I.D: 71 / M: Ginger, Hero, Maze, anyone else there

Kordelas blinked as a flash of fur grazed his face, dashing into the tunnels. Hero? "He's going to get himself killed!" Kor's heterochromatic eyes were wide as he turned and dashed into the tunnel after Hero, hoping Maze was following. He relied on Hero's scent as he ran, skidding to a stop behind him. Hero had led them to the others; he could smell their scent, as well as blood. Lots of it. But he didn't smell Tysta. His heart pounded harder, where was he? He didn't... did he?

But from what Hero said, Kor's fears were realized and his head lowered, eyes glimmering. He raised his head once more, this time looking Ginger in the eyes for the first time, and maybe his last. "M'am, I can't let Hero go alone and lose his life. Let me go, too. Surely two to fight a cull would be better than one." While there was a hint of fear in his eyes, he was determined. He wouldn't let Kilo lose another of the best dogs they had; he knew he was expendable. But if he could die helping save others, then, in his eyes, his death would be honorable.

What is Left of Us | Open!April 18, 2020 03:44 PM

Dark Matter

Darkseeker

Give Award
Ginger | Female | Broken Cull | Kilo | 46 | Mentions: Tysta, Arrow, Zadolt, Maze, Hero, Kordelas, Aadya

Ginger cursed Zadolt when he told Arrow about Tysta, the little dog was just going to get herself killed going after him again, but before the cull could grab the little dog once more she was gone.
Ginger had never wanted this to happen, she should have never ordered Tysta to go out, if she hadn't told him to spy he would have never dared to leave again, then Arrow would never have followed and Ty would still be alive.

It was obvious that Hoffen was feeling remorse, if he could even still feel, but that cull had ruined any trust she had for him. Kämpe was dangerous and now she knew they existed. Had Hoffen just let Tysta kill her, or at least knock her out, everything would have ended so much better, they would have had a transmitter and could've escaped. But now Tysta was dead and Arrow was going to get herself killed.

She was about to run after Arrow when three new dogs came out of the tunnels, Hero, Kordelas and Maze.
Her jaw clenched as Hero spoke.
"No!" she barked anger clear in her voice.
"We just lost Tysta and you want to waste your life?" she turned on the male.
"You might think thats the smart and honerable thing to do, but its the dumbest idea I've ever heard. Tysta is dead because of me, if anyone should go and fight Beta it should be me; not you foolish untrained dogs" She walked up to Hero and Kordelas, her metal lips pulled back in a snarl.
"Fighting a cull is a deathwish, they've been trained since they were young, they have no hearts, their claws and teeth make yours weak and dull, they will kill you. I will NOT loose anymore of my dogs" her voice grew scratchy, weak.
"You are all worth more than you will ever know, loosing you to Beta- it would break me more than I've already been broken. You still have lives to live" she breathed in and shook her head.

"Hero, I need you to go back in the tunnels, bring Kordelas, Maze and Zadolt, I need you four to evacuate Kilo, run, follow the tunnels north, I'll find you, but please, please listen to me for once, its not just your lives at stake" she gave the dogs one last look before running off to follow Arrow, only to trip over a small sausage of a dog with large ears.

Her brown eyes narrowed. This was the small dog that Kämpe had ordered to attack Arrow.
"What are you doing here pup?"
What is Left of Us | Open!April 18, 2020 10:49 PM

Shadow Masters

Darkseeker

Give Award

Zadolt | Male | Australian/German Shepherd mix | Foxtrot | 28 | Mentions: Arrow, Maze, Hero, Kordelas, Ginger

He blinked; in that instant, Arrow was gone, running off to get herself killed. He didn’t particularly care, as it meant she wasn’t about to attack him. When the three dogs came out of the tunnel, he tensed himself in an automatic reaction. When he saw they didn’t even seem to notice he was there, he relaxed. It was Maze, that dog who had attacked Hoffen(Not smart, he said in his mind), and another he didn’t recognize. Just how many of them are there? He silently wondered.

When Ginger spoke, he weighed the pros and cons of correcting her. She was right, going back was a foolish thing to do, but it should be him, not these dogs, who hadn’t been afraid to stand against Beta. He should go, for he was cowardly and had followed Beta’s rules, had obeyed them, had chosen to survive over standing up for what was right. He listened silently as this went on in his head.

When she spoke of all of them as her dogs, he didn't know if she meant all of them, or had forgotten he was there. He didn't deserve to be considered a Kilo, so he chose to believe the latter.

When she was done, he spoke.

“You shouldn’t go back. You are not expendable.” He said, his voice quiet and even. “If anything, I should go back. You have not been tainted by Beta’s poison. I have.” He didn’t speak of being from Beta; he spoke of having a transmitter in him, of having a sister he didn’t remember. Maze would probably be confused, as she was also from Beta. But she was free, considered dead by Beta.

He was not so lucky.

“You say fighting a Cull is a death wish, that they had been trained since they were young. That is wrong. They were chosen because of their traits, not picked beforehand. Only a select few were trained, and even fewer meet their standards. I was one of them that fell short.” It was true; he hadn’t been in Foxtrot in the beginning. He had been like Rache and Alta, trained to be like a Cull. But he had not met their standards, and he had been transferred to Foxtrot, told to never reveal why. "Things have changed since you rebelled." He said.

When she told them to go in the tunnels, he shook his head. Maze and the others were known by the Kilo dogs; he was not. He would be considered Beta, and thus attacked. He’d rather not be almost killed again, thank-you-very-much.

When Aadya was revealed, he almost snarled at her. He barely controlled himself. He didn’t bother to stop himself from baring his fangs, though. If they looked threatening(and Maze certainly did, with her eye missing), she would be more likely to talk.

Edited at April 23, 2020 07:02 PM by Shadow Masters
What is Left of Us | Open!April 23, 2020 03:18 PM

Grimm

Darkseeker

Give Award

Aadya | Female | Pembroke Corgi | #62 | Mentions: Ginger, Arrow, Hoffen, Zadolt

She had crouched, body low to the ground. Well, lower than it usually was, anyway. Her large ears took everything that was said. Those dogs cared so much about one another. It was odd. Beta...wasn't like that. Beta was a well-oiled machine, these dogs were scruffy and battered. How did that work?

The other small dog had run away in her direction, making direct eye contact. Aadya stiffened, curling her lip at the other dog. The terrier's eyes were hollow, seemingly and she didn't say anything to the others about her.

Then she ran off, body lowered to the ground, muscles tensed.

The cull soon followed, running in the direction of the terrier, Arrow, was it? And Aadya. The corgi froze, she couldn't move without revealing herself.

The collision made her yelp. Sharp, cold claws dug into her side, and she was launched face-first into the dirt. She rolled, getting back on her feet, side aching. It would bruise badly, but she would be alright. Backing up, hackles rising, the small dog bared her teeth at the cull. A cull. She had never heard of one outside of Beta, it wasn't possible. Her eyes flashed, and the exhausted dog was somehow able to pull together fragments of her shattered composure. It wasn't perfect, but at least it was there. Aadya relied heavily on her mask, it kept the emotions in and the bad out.

"I could ask the same of you."

What is Left of Us | Open!April 23, 2020 03:31 PM

Grimm

Darkseeker

Give Award

Commander Hoffen of Foxtrot | #34 | Male | Schnauzer/Wolf cross | M: Kämpe, Arrow

He had just left, fled the tiny dog without a word. Hoffen hadn't wanted to face what he had done.

Coward.

His own mind haunted him. Didn't it always? Maybe now he deserved it.

He had moved into a smooth lope, muscles burning with the effort. He appreciated the ache, it cleared his mind, and gave way for his programming to take control.The apathy slipped into his head, like a cloud of grey fog. It dulled the edges of his thoughts, creeping upon his mind and lulling it into a false sense of calm.

That fog cleared the instant he saw the Chief Cull, his commander, slumped on the ground.

He almost considered attacking her, killing her while he had the chance. Bring the transmitter, t(hat was what they had wanted, right?) to Ginger. He wouldn't be forgiven, no that would never happen, but maybe then the golden dog's death wouldn't be a waste.

That thought was banished immediately. He just...couldn't do it.

His paws were moving before his mind, he ran over to the cull. "Kampe?" Nudging her with his muzzle, he used it to lift her head. His ears twitched, Culls weren't supposed to have contact unless necessary. It would make them seem like normal dogs, and Beta relied heavily on their image of power to keep the dogs in their command.

What is Left of Us | Open!April 23, 2020 03:34 PM

Mara Moonridge

Darkseeker

Give Award

Kordelas (Kor) / Male / Doberman Shepherd (doberman pinscher x German shepherd) / Kilo / I.D: 71 / M: Ginger, Hero, Maze, anyone else there

Kordelas did not expect Ginger's outburst. They were trained to fight Beta, right? And yet, when the opportunity came, Ginger said that she couldn't bear to loose them. His eyes flicked to a small dog as Ginger ran into it - her. He took on an aggressive stance, for the first time wondering who the shepherd mix following Ginger was. Beta? Maybe he had changed, like Maze? He was baring his teeth at the sausage-dog. That didn't seem like behavior that comrades would use with each other. Perhaps he was on Kilo's side?

His attention flicked back to the small dog as she spoke. "She asked you first," he growled, ears back against his skull. He really didn't want to hurt her; she couldn't fight back against everyone, and he was sure she could see it. There were four Kilo dogs against her, and one that he thought might be another Kilo recruit. There was only one of her. It was obvious that she was outnumbered.

What is Left of Us | Open!April 23, 2020 05:12 PM

sock monkey

Lightbringer

Give Award
Kämpe | Female | Cheif Cull (German Shepherd Cross) | 24 | M: Zadolt, Hoffen, Aadya, Ginger, Tysta

Kämpe's mind began to shake the fog of her unconsciousness far before she was physically able to move. All she saw was darkness - all she felt was nothing. A flood of memory rushed into her mind, a deafening river of thoughts. The dull ache stabbing through the wounds in her spine, her neck, her head. It wasn't the pain that fogged her mind, but her programming's quiet hum of, report to medic as soon as possible. None of her wounds were life-threatening, but blood loss was concerning.

Feeling suddenly surged into her body. She felt her head being lifted. It was the most strange feeling - physical contact in any sort of manner that didn't involve combat was foreign to her. Culls had no reason for touch other than an attack. No, her head was being lifted gently, and it made her want to shudder and back away, yet it also was curious - as though Kämpe would have liked to remain that way.

Fool.

"Kämpe?" a voice inquired.

The Cheif's mind suddenly cleared and her eyes snapped open. Her vision fickered and blurred as she managed to struggle upwards, unsteady on her claws.

Must get up, her mind muttered, must not be vulnerable.

Her vision cleared, and a canine no other than Hoffen stood before her. She blinked, expression blank.

"Thought you would just leave me here," she muttered, her mind still fogged. The cull had really expected him to just leave her, to never return. That he would be gone, and she would be alone, with no one to speak with. Oddly enough, he was the only cull that had ever held a conversation with her - she and the others spoke in a language of commands and orders. He didn't. He was different. Not a friend, neccessairily, whatever a friend might be - but someone she didn't want to leave. How twisted was her mind? Had Zadolt really messed with her head to that extent?

Zadolt.

The memories came rushing back, along with that horrible truth -

I betrayed Beta.

The thought made her sick. Would Hoffen - Commander Thirty-four - notice that the only blood on her fangs and claws were that of the Kilo cull and dog? That there was no sign of a body?

She felt he might, and changed the subject as quickly as possible, her mind clearing.

Commander Thiry-four knew the Kilo cull - she was his trainer. One could only draw the conclusion that Thirty-four, in turn, had been a part of Kilo, under her command. When had Kilo defected? How old was the cull, how old was Thirty-four? She could not possibly come to a complete answer without this information. The Commander was going to answer a few questions, that so much was clear.

She drew herself upwards, metal limbs locked in place so she might not collapse and never rise again.

"Were you part of Kilo?"

No preamble, just the direct question.

Edited at April 23, 2020 05:13 PM by Boundless
What is Left of Us | Open!April 23, 2020 05:46 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award
Hero // Male // Wolf/German Shepherd // 39 // Kilo // M: Ginger, Maze, Kordelas, Arrow, Tysta, anyone else there

Hero's ears pinned at Ginger's words. "You think I don't know that? I know we just lost Tysta, and I know what a cull can do, I've seen it first hand. The only dog that ever cared about me died because of a cull. You're Moto is that only cull fight cull, but I've never been a rule-follower."

Hero wasn't expecting Ginger's last words, surly she didn't care about him. He stepped forward. "I never wanted to hurt you, Ginger. I never wanted to hurt anyone, but that's the problem. I made a promise to protect everyone I could, I made it to the dog who cared about me, and I've failed. I sat around and felt bad for myself for so long, I didn't trust anyone, I still don't. I drew myself away and blinded myself to the needs of others, I did the opposite of what I promised. I'm sorry, let me do something to redeem myself. I can't bring back Tysta, I wish I could, but I can die when trying to end this war that was brought to us. If I'm going to die I want it to be trying to protect you, and everyone else I can. Please, Ginger, I've been hurting myself and others for long enough, let me do what I was meant to do."

Hero looked at Ginger in the eyes with his own sad, lonely ones. He silently begged her, and knew she could understand, because you can only truly hear in silence. He wondered if death would be silent, then he could hear forever, and he could hear everything. "I will still be here, even in death, Commander, anyone who is remembered is. Let me give you a reason to remember me. Let me live up to my name, let me be a hero."

(Sorry it's short!)

Forums > Roleplay > Literate
   1   ..    31    32    33    34    35   ..   53 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us