Wolf Play : What is Left of Us | Open!
Chatbox
 Echo Eclipse
09:29:33 Echo | Thunder
Hey chat
 The Tea Drinkers
09:27:12 Tea, Tea Queen
vah

im glad to hear it :D im very sick right now, so im all puffy and its hard to see :P
 Zeraphia
09:26:02 Spooky Vah
Tea

Not bad! Not bad at all!
 The Tea Drinkers
09:25:32 Tea, Tea Queen
Vah
tired all the time as always :P but alive. and you?
 Zeraphia
09:25:02 Spooky Vah
Been forever! How are you?
 The Tea Drinkers
09:24:33 Tea, Tea Queen
Vah >:3
 Forest Dwelling
09:23:07 I am on Wolflocke ok
Honestly surprised the game is still going, but it could either end at a tie or a point for team neutral at this point
 Zeraphia
09:23:04 Spooky Vah
Tea!!
 The Tea Drinkers
09:18:23 Tea, Tea Queen
im so hungry for art ;.;
 SpiritGuardian
09:10:06 Sleepy spirit
Oh its gone ):
 SpiritGuardian
09:09:53 Sleepy spirit
Heh 69 people are on
 Forest Dwelling
09:00:21 I am on Wolflocke ok
In a very intense game of Leaves since my faction and the darkseekers are tied currently
 Apothecary
08:53:36 Medicinally Autistic
I can't wait for monday, I hope I don't work.
 Apothecary
08:53:20 Medicinally Autistic
I'm so freaking tired but I have another double today.
 BooJake
08:51:05 Don't call me BJ.
@Forest Dwelling
Thanks! :D
 Forest Dwelling
08:48:18 I am on Wolflocke ok
@BooJake

I like the colors for both
 BooJake
08:44:59 Don't call me BJ.
-Click-
Ey chat, look at the Halloween sabertooth guy I made, he's a chonk
 Magnus Bane
08:42:20 Mag/Maggy
I feel like this wolf has been in labor all night
 Bobcat
08:42:13 (She) Cat {no bob}
-WP Click-
This girl just keeps giving me DH's
 Listless
08:34:39 List
i ended up making him female.
she's my first black phase so i think ill just keep her for personal value

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Coyote : +3
Red Fox : 0
Polar Bear : +5
    Fall   Day  Weather:  Sunny

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Literate
   1   ..    26    27    28    29    30   ..   53 

What is Left of Us | Open!March 29, 2020 05:22 PM

Dark Matter

Darkseeker

Give Award
Ginger | Female | Broken Cull | Kilo | 46 | Mentions: Tysta, Arrow, Zadolt, Hoffen, Aadya, Kämpe

Ginger listened to Zadolts and Tysta's conversation silently.
They were planning on getting the transmitters of the culls off, but what they wanted to do with these they had no idea; she was about to speak when Arrow noticed a small loaf of a dog with big ears.
Seconds later she heard the mettalic steps of a cull. Two culls to be exact.
Her ears lowered when the first one appeared. It was almost impossible to tell what dog the cull used to be, but by the dangerous power she was showing Ginger could guess this was Kämpe. Hoffen appeared right behind the chief and their eyes locked.
Though she read his expression she kept hers blank. She didn't want to risk Kämpe noticing anything.
Speaking of Kämpe, the cull was racing towards her.

Many dogs would dodge to the side or back away from a terrifying charging predator; if she still had flesh she may have done just that, but her metal skin was more durable, she could risk getting hurt, as long as she could disable Kämpe and keep her from harming her dogs she would risk it.

Ginger bunched her muscles and ran forward, not to meet the cull in battle, but to disorient her.
From her training she remembered the way culls faught, test, learn how the oponent reacts and disable. She had to keep her reactions hidden and diverse if she had a chance at fighting Kämpe.

Ginger ducked to the side as the cull ducked away and straightened behind it, her face completly neutral, no aggression, no fear, no calculation. If she was unreadable she was unpredictable.
What is Left of Us | Open!March 29, 2020 05:46 PM

sock monkey

Lightbringer

Give Award
Tysta | Male | Siberian Retriever | Kilo Dog |48 | M: Arrow, Zadolt, Ginger, Hoffen, Aadya, Kämpe

"Arrow!" Tysta lunged forward to knock the bread - dog off of his friend, when Hoffen lunged, and Ty was thrown to the ground. The breath fled his lungs, at his gaze flickered for a moment, ears ringing from the impact.

In this moment, Hoffen was terrifying. The large dog's fangs flashed, a snarl rumbling in his throat. Ty pulled his ears back, uncertain. His heart pounded in his chest. He opened his mouth to speak, when Hoffen told him to run. Tysta snapped his jaws shut. "Thank you," he managed to joke out. The Siberian Retriever struggled upwards, and did the exact opposite of Hoffen's words. He lunged into the battle.

Immediately, his first concern was Arrow, who was pinned to the ground. He lunged at the small corgi, a rare snarl set on his features. He slammed into the smaller dog, attempting to detatch her from Arrow. Ty stumbled, rolled, then got back up. He didn't turn to check what happened to the corgi, if she had recovered and was on his tail, if she was running. Arrow was safe for now, and that was all that mattered.

"Arrow! Get out of here! It's not about food bowls anymore!" He called over his shoulder.

Ginger was in trouble. Kind of, anyway. It was clear she had far more experience than this younger cull, but the Cheif was smart, and she was skilled. Tysta didn't hesitate. He lunged at the Cheif. She hadn't expected him - she had probably assumed Hoffen had successfully killed him. He barreled into her, jaws snapping. They were about the same height, her standing possibly an inch or two taller. But they were even enough in size, and he was able to send her to the ground.

She was up, reacting with such astounding speed it took Tysta a moment to process it. She leapt upwards, darting backwards. Tysta recovered, and started forward. She was far more skilled than he, but she was out numbered. The cull cast a glance at Ginger, then back at Ty.

She lunged at Ginger, who had managed to evade her first blow. Tysta leapt after, burying his fangs into her neck. The cull snarled, turning, unable to choose who to fight.

What is Left of Us | Open!March 29, 2020 06:03 PM

Dark Matter

Darkseeker

Give Award
Ginger | Female | Broken Cull | Kilo | 46 | Mentions: Tysta, Arrow, Zadolt, Hoffen, Aadya, Kämpe

That idiot.

She cursed Tysta. He had no chance against Kämpe, if she decided to fight him first she'd kill him in seconds; he was too badly trained. Too foolish.
She couldn't let the cull harm Ty. She couldn't let her kill the young dog.

Attacking Kämpe from the front was dangerous, it was where she cull had her claws and teeth, but attacking from the back was just as dangerous, the cull knew how to use her tail as a whip and if Ginger could tell anything from her speed it would take seconds for the cull to whip around and attack her. That was just what she needed.

Ginger ran forward, crashing into the culls haunches and trying to lock her teeth into her spine; the only part of the cull that wasn't protected.
She let go and snarled, making her features look aggresive, Kämpe would expect her to take offensive and be aggresive with this expression, a fighting tactic she disliked. Aggression was foolish and got dogs killed, composure, neutrality and speed were her strengths. Rare for a dog, especially a cull.
What is Left of Us | Open!March 29, 2020 08:51 PM

sock monkey

Lightbringer

Give Award
Kämpe | Female | Cheif Cull (German Shepherd Cross) | 24 | M: Hoffen, Pfiel, Alta, Rache, Aadya, Hoffen, Kilo dogs

Kämpe had fought culls before. About once a month, all culls gathered for a two day training retreat, to hone their skills and ensure all were fit for command. Kämpe had walked away the winner for as long as she could recall. She wasn't always faster, nor stronger, nor larger. But she knew how to use her mind to outsmart an opponent. She was skilled, and experienced.

But this cull had years of combat behind her. Years of training, years to build muscle memory and strategy. When it came to a cull, age was only beneficial. The metal in a cull's body was not effected by aging - one only grew with experience, and didn't have to worry about the natural depletion of one's body.

To this cull, Kämpe was young, inexperienced, at least four years younger. There was nearly no way she could win this battle. It was.... unsettling, to say in the least. Nobody bested Kämpe, not in anything. She would have to be more cautious.

As she twisted to address the golden dog, fangs buried into her spine. A strangled breath escaped her lungs, a rare expression of pain. Something between a breath, whimper, and snarl. Kämpe immediately whirled to face the cull, watching golden dog out of the corner of her eye. The cull's face was taut with aggression, but there was something reluctant about her stance.

Kämpe had only ever chosen to attack or defend based solely on her opponent, the situation, the terrain. A fool choose permanent aggression, or defense. And this cull was clearly not a fool.

Up to something. A trick.

So Kämpe did what she did best - remained apathetic, completely emotionless, composed. Despite the fire that burned in her back, where the cull's fangs had sunk.

She then lunged forwards, feinted, managed to sink her fangs into the cull's neck, but did little damage as she was pulled away by another set of teeth.

Golden dog.

His fangs were buried into where were neck met the top of her head - a near impossible position to free yourself of. Pain stabbed into her skull, and her vision blurred. A hiss of pain seized her throat as Kämpe jerked out of his grasph, losing some of her flesh in his jaws. She whipped around, and cracked her tail across his jaw, and lunged to bury her fangs in his throat. She needed to remove him first. She knew she was going to receive another blow from the cull, but she couldn't afford being outnumbered.

What is Left of Us | Open!March 29, 2020 10:14 PM

Dark Matter

Darkseeker

Give Award

Kämpe wasn't an idiot, or at least not as dumb as most culls her age.
The feint attack was a good one, but used to often. If it hadn't been for the culls speed she wouldn't have caught Ginger's neck, but as she was an older cull she was made with thicker and heavier matierials, though Kämpe's teeth were sharp, all they did was meerly scratch the metal plates.
Ginger was about to smack the culls head away when Kämpe was pulled back.

Tysta you idiot

Kämpe had Tysta pinned with her jaws clamped around his neck before Ginger could react.
She had to make the cull forget about Tysta.

Trying to knock the cull off of Ty could kill him if she didn't let go of his neck, she needed something that would phase Kämpe. Something that would make the cull stop. She wasn't one of the younger culls, so she still had her own mind, but what could spark hesitance, what could Ginger do to stop the female?

Then Ginger remembered something. It was a few days before she was sent to remove herself, they were looking for a new cull for that year.
Two Charlie dogs had to fight each other and refused, resulting in one being forced to kill the other and then she was turned into a cull. Later she became the Chief cull it appears.

"Kämpe, stop this" Gingers voice was commanding, yet pleading. Ginger never had much skill in controling her voice, she was betting her friends life on a single word that the cull may have just forgotten.

"Don't do this. Remember Paran."

Edited at March 29, 2020 11:28 PM by Ebbelwoi
What is Left of Us | Open!March 29, 2020 11:33 PM

sock monkey

Lightbringer

Give Award

Kämpe | Female | Chief Cull (German Shepherd Cross) | 24 | M: All Kilo dogs, Beta dogs, Paran

Kämpe? Who is - me. My name. How could she possibly know, when even I forgot it?

There was a note in the cull's voice, a note of desperation. A plea.

This dog is important to her. I can use him as leverage instead, manipulate her into -

The cull's next words caused Kämpe to freeze. Her jaws fell open, releasing the golden dog from her grasp. She stared at Ginger.

Paran.

Her body twitched, and a flash of blood clouded her mind. Paran. She remembered. She remembered that day. She remembered his scream, she remembered own scream. She recalled her fangs, sinking into his throat, wrestling the life from his body as he screamed. As she screamed with him.

I remember.

Pain.

Pain like no other slammed into her heart. Nothing like she had ever felt before. Internal pain. Emotion. Her programming suddenly recovered. The episode had only been a scant few seconds, but it had been costly. Fangs clamped down on the back of her neck. Golden dog, using her previous shock against her, managed to pin Kämpe to the ground before the call could react. His jaws clamped tighter.

A metallic, snarling sort of scream tore from her lungs. She didn't know if it was the pain from fangs buried into her hide, or, more likely, whatever memory the cull had triggered.

He's going to break my spine, her logic howled, but her mind was still trying to recover. She couldn't move without effectively killing herself. What had the cull said? Pain stabbed through her neck, burning pain as his fangs tore though muscle.

I'm going to die.

Edited at March 30, 2020 10:20 AM by Boundless
What is Left of Us | Open!March 30, 2020 11:02 AM

Grimm

Darkseeker

Give Award

Commander Hoffen of Foxtrot | #34 | Male | Schnauzer/Wolf cross | M: Kämpe, Aadya, Zadolt, Kilo Dogs

"Fool!"

Hoffen snarled under his breath as he watched the smaller dog do the exact opposite as he rushed to help his friend. The small red and white dog snarled as the terrier, with her bloodied face, resumed her assault. This time she was more careful, the two females were evenly matched and though small, were a writhing mass of flesh and fury as they fought.

Hoffen wasn't one to sit and watch, but he was frozen. Did he help his former mentor try and best Kämpe and reveal himself as a traitor? In that moment, he was transfixed, ears and face twitching uncontrollably as his commander got ahold of the golden dog, Tysta was it? His entire body stiffened with indecision.

"--remember Paran."

Paran?

Kämpe froze, dropping the golden dog from her jaws, and the male promptly turned and attacked her. Hoffen had never seen her so vulnerable.

And as she hit the ground like a dead weight, she screamed.

Oh, that scream.

It awoke something deep within him, something primal, something beyond the shallow depths of his programming. Something uncontrollable.

And his gaze went red.

"Kämpe!"

With a mechanical roar like no other, he threw himself at the dog with its fangs in his commander...friend? Was she his friend? It was complicated.

Metal-capped fangs met the dog's soft throat, tearing through the flesh and muscle almost too easily. Hoffen jerked his his head, shoulder muscles rippling under his fur as he flung the smaller dog. A crimson arc of blood sprayed through the air, and through the fine red mist Hoffen could see the two smaller dogs, Aadya and Arrow, standing side by side. Transfixed.

A scream broke his spell as the body hit the ground with a wet thud.

"Tysta! No!"

The bloodied terrier was practically frothing at the mouth in her terror. Hoffen was rooted to the ground, metal jaw hanging loosely open as he breathed heavily. His limbs, both flesh and metal were stone-heavy, rooted to the ground. The world slowed to a halt as he watched the tiny dog run up to the slumped body, shaking, rambling, and whimpering with wide eyes.

"No, no no no no no. Ty, ty get up. Ty, ty ty get up! TYSTA! You can have your food bowl!"

It was as if the fog cleared, Hoffen snapped back into reality, covered in bright crimson splatter. His eyes widened in sheer terror as he made the realization.

What had he done?

He was a coward, after all.

Edited at March 30, 2020 11:27 AM by Grimm
What is Left of Us | Open!March 30, 2020 11:41 AM

sock monkey

Lightbringer

Give Award

Tysta | Male | Siberian Retriever x Golden Retriever | Kilo Dog |48 | M: Arrow, Zadolt, Ginger, Hoffen, Aadya, Kämpe

There was a roar. A metallic, snarling, earth-shattering roar. Then a flash of movement, a cull lunging for him. He didn't have time to run, to breath, to think. Unnaturally powerful jaws seized Tysta's throat, tearing into muscle, flesh, his throat. Pain fired in his skull, rattling through his body. His breaths hiccuped and struggled, and Tysta's eyes widened in fear.

He felt his body being flung aside, his ribs crack and fold as he collided with the ground. He couldn't breath. He could barely see, barely think. He tried to choke out a few words, to say something. Anything. His eyes searched the scene, swiftly finding his attacker. Hoffen. It was Hoffen who had attacked him. A dog he trusted. There was something like betrayal flashing in Tysta's eyes. His eyes, so gentle, so trusting.

He coughed, blood leaking from his maw.

"Hoffen?" His voice was so young, so broken. The cull's eyes were widened, terror evident.

Tysta wheezed out a choked breath. Arrow scrambled up to his side, a rare flash of fear in her face. Of pain, of panic. Tysta didn't want his friend to hurt. It wasn't her fault.

"Hey, Arrow. It'll be alright. I promise." Blood drowned his next few words.

"Look after all of them for me? You can save the world. I know it." His eyes flickered, and he inhaled for a final time.

"It'll be alright."

His eyes flickered shut, and the world tilted, fogging over. The last image in his mind was his best friend, the small, fierce terrier with a heart of gold. Tysta felt the pain fade, and the world shift into a peaceful darkness.

It'll be alright. I'll see Mother again. I'll be free.

There was darkness.

And then light.

What is Left of Us | Open!March 30, 2020 12:12 PM

Grimm

Darkseeker

Give Award

Arrow | Female | Terrier Mix | Kilo Dog | M: Tysta, Ginger, Maze

It had all happened in an instant.

Tysta had the Chief Cull pinned. They had won. Who would have guessed it? She had felt her chest swell, even as she wrestled with the weird long-dog. It had turned out not only a Cull could fight a Cull.

And oh, how wrong had she been.

Commander Gin had always told her how quicky things could change, like how the Cull had gone from one of the most respected dogs at Beta to an old piece of scrap metal they could just throw away. Like how Tysta had trusted Hoffen completely.

He was wrong, too.

She could only stand, transfixed and shoulder-to-shoulder with the dog that had been previously her enemy. They were both shocked, frozen in place as time slowed and the golden dog, Tysta, was flung through the air. In the moment, it was almost like Arrow locked eyes with him, as if he wanted her to be at peace, but she could never be sure. She could never be sure of anything again, not after this.

And she screamed, shrieked his name. She screamed it until her lungs no longer had air, and then she screamed it more.

Spittle and froth dripped from her lips as she approached the broken dog. She whimpered when he sputtered out a word. He hadn't been dead on impact, maybe there was a way to save him.

"Hoffen?"

Arrow snarled at the massive black dog behind her, true fear flashing across her face. She was shocked into numb silence when the hulking beast whined.

Culls didn't have feelings. He wasn't supposed to whine. It was his fault.

Tysta said her name, and she snapped out of her daze. "Ty..? No no no Ty everything is gonna be alright, Commander Gin is gonna help. Don't talk now." The tiny dog buried her head in his crimson-stained golden mane of fur. "No, no I can't do it without you! Tysta?" She licked his muzzle, as she felt him tense, muscles seizing up before he stopped breathing.

"TYSTA? Ginger? Do something!" She cried, frantically licking the dog's face, but to no avail.

He was gone.

What is Left of Us | Open!March 30, 2020 02:52 PM

sock monkey

Lightbringer

Give Award

Kämpe | Female | Cheif Cull (German Shepherd Cross) | 24 | M: Hoffen, Pfiel, Alta, Rache, Aadya, Hoffen, Kilo dogs

It was only a few heartbeats. A metallic roar sounded, and Golden's fangs were torn from the soft tissue where her skull met her neck. She clamped her mouth, burying a cry of pain. Her neck felt hot. A warm, sticky trickle of blood flooded around her ears, dripping down her face, drenching her neck.

It was so sudden.

A shimmering arc of crimson shattered the stormy winter sky, falling gently on the cull's hide, like a cascasde of rain. The cull whirled as fast as her body was able to move, with her back and neck wounded. A body lay crumpled on the ground. Golden and red, the figure was broken, only barely clinging on to the fragile thread of life.

Hoffen stood next to Kämpe, fangs dripping, coated in an eerie shade of crimson. Droplets of the golden dog's blood where scattered across his face, his neck, his chest. There was an indescribable fear, a terror, the most dog-like expression Kämpe had seen on a cull. Kämpe had seen death. But never so... violent. There was something, a twinge of pain, that the violence, the killing was just innately wrong. Her programming fought for control once more, but was shattered the moment the dying dog muttered, 'Hoffen?'.

Hoffen? How does he know his name?

Her programming began to function again, her mind beginning to analyze the situation.

The smaller dog, the one Aadya was supposed to have neutralized, scurried up to Golden's side. There was something so painfully familiar about her voice, something that made Kämpe want to sink to the ground and never rise again.

Paran, her mind whispered.

The cull started twitching, war raging in her mind.

Hoffen saved me. Because you were stupid enough to get yourself in that position. I didn't have an option. Double teamed, outnumbered, outmatched - you could have won. Had you not hesiated, you could have ended the golden dog, then used your head to outfight the cull. But I didn't. You didn't. I failed. You failed. I owe my life to Hoffen. You owe nothing to Commander Thirty-Four.Hoffen -. Commander Thirty-Four.

Her programming shut down once more, as Hoffen whined. Culls didn't whine. They didn't show emotion. They didn't have emotion. Why did he?

And why - why do I? You don't. I do.

Kämpe didn't understand. She didn't understand this emotion, she didn't understand the war raging as her programming fought to control her mind. Her logic kicked in, and she whirled to face the cull - the enemy.

Who is it? Who's the real enemy?

The golden dog was dead. Kämpe couldn't control her head as the dog and machine within her clashed. There was nothing certain about her stance, nothing authoritive, nothing confident. Only vulnerable, pained. Scared.

"Hoffen?" She managed. As though he might know, as though he could explain both why the small dog had uttered his name, and what was happening. What was happening to her. What was wrong. It was the first time she had ever said his name, or anyone's name. She really hadn't even recalled that 'Hoffen' was his name. She had barely remembered her own. All memories of names were wiped when she became the Chief.

I cannot show weakness.

The cull's eyes flickered, and she suddenly straightened, ignoring the pain in her wounds. Her emotion vanished, fading into a memory. Her body screamed for rest, but Kämpe refused to lean on the wall. Only an indication of weakness, an invitation for that other cull to attack.

"What is this? How did she know your name, Commander Thirty-four?"

Forums > Roleplay > Literate
   1   ..    26    27    28    29    30   ..   53 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us