Wolf Play : What is Left of Us | Open!
Chatbox
 Lazy Kingdom
04:52:45 Lazy, Crazy Cat Lady
Six
I feel that, I paused driving for a moment so don't worry not driving xD, almost clipped a deer :,). I know it's deer country but still that's the closest I've gotten lmao.
 Six
04:37:05 xx
sweet

goodnight, thats a good decision LOL, hope you're able to get a good sleep :)

lazy
yeah i totally get it, make sure to take breaks because in my experience my sleep deprived brain is always trying to sabotage me xD
 Amygdala
04:36:06 Amy/Anpmygdala
Pvp anyone?
 -Sweet-Poison-
04:33:14 Bau
Lazy

Yeah<3

I'm hopping off to *hopefully* get to bed.. goodnight chat, stay safe, and have a good night/day
 -Sweet-Poison-
04:30:53 Bau
Not me stockpiling raven feathers for the rest of the year...
 Lazy Kingdom
04:30:37 Lazy, Crazy Cat Lady
Six
Thanks! Yea xD, I mean it's nice but it can only last so long.

Sweet
Thanks <3!
 Six
04:28:18 xx
im glad im not the only one who's sleep deprived lol, i hope u have fun on ur trip, lazy!
 -Sweet-Poison-
04:28:00 Bau
Lazy

That is a long drive, drive safe!
 Six
04:27:19 xx
lazy

can totally relate to the adhd thing.. :/
 Lazy Kingdom
04:17:44 Lazy, Crazy Cat Lady
Sweet
Yea, they worry about the drive (8 hours) so they'll be shocked lmao.

Oh I see, well 5am for me and I'm getting ready to leave soon.
 -Sweet-Poison-
04:13:35 Bau
Lazy

That's fun! I'm sure they'll be happy to see you
It's like 2am where I am and my brain is refusing to fall asleep so I'm here browsing lmao
 Lazy Kingdom
04:12:12 Lazy, Crazy Cat Lady
Sweet
Lmao, my ADHD is determined so I'm somehow wide awake.

I'm going home, going to surprise my parents. I have four days off from college starting today.
 -Sweet-Poison-
04:09:08 Bau
Lazy

I just.. haven't slept yet lmao

A road trip! That fun though, right? Are you going to see family or on a work trip?
 Lazy Kingdom
04:08:14 Lazy, Crazy Cat Lady
Did I just wake up at 5am to get an early start on the road? Yep :,)
 Six
03:42:59 xx
starmutt

you made those? looks adorable!
 Six
03:40:39 xx
floof

goodluck on future puppies :)
 Floof
02:34:47 Floodgates
starmutt,
They're cute ^^
 starmutt
02:30:43 marsh | they/it
also look at my guysss
-WP Click-
 starmutt
02:27:50 marsh | they/it
suggestion <3
-WP Click-
 Floof
02:25:34 Floodgates
Went on a breeding spree, expecting a lot of pups xD

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Red Fox : -2
Black Bear : -3
Jackal : -2
    Fall   Day  Weather:  Brimstone

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Literate
   1   ..    22    23    24    25    26   ..   53 

What is Left of Us | Open!March 4, 2020 08:12 PM

sock monkey

Lightbringer

Give Award
Anfall | Female | German Shepherd, Wolf | Bravo Wolf Blood | 21 | M: Sabre, Zadolt, Aadya, Orden

Anfall paused, casting a glance over her shoulder at Sabre. Her tone was less snappy, less commanding now that they had all established direction and their process in the maze. "Coming?"

Anfall turned, not waiting. She began at a steady trot - no faster, lest she wish to burn out her energy, but no slower. She did want to make good time, after all. She continued in the direction they were supposed to go - nothing. Anfall snarled a growl of frustration, then barked - a locating call. Nothing. Again. In a training excersize such as this one, there was no strategy the first time around. It was luck - then second time they were thrown into this maze, it would be memory, logic, etc. But in the moment, there was no strategy.

"So. How'd you get here?" Anfall asked her companion absently, rather bored.

What is Left of Us | Open!March 6, 2020 10:43 PM

Dark Matter

Darkseeker

Give Award
Ginger | Female | English Pointer/Broken Cull | Kilo | 46 | Mentions: Maze, Tysta, Arrow, Hero, Kordelas

Ginger stared at Hero for a second, regretting that she had been so harsh to him, at least till he spoke back.
"I do not assume Hero" she said gruffly, her eyes narrowing.
"Culls are not dogs, nor are they wolves. We're machines, our blood has been replaced with wires, our hearts replaced with metal. For me the only thing that remains is my mind. My teeth, my claws, my muscles, all mechanical. Some culls may still have the flesh of their former selves, but we are no longer canines. We are machines" it had taken her a while to learn to cope when she broke her wires it was such a strange thought for the simple mind of a dog.
"We cull are ruthless, emotionless, heartless, dogs are not, no matter how much Beta tries to change that."
Just as she finished Kordelas appeared. She shook her head at his question, "you will be training with the others after Maze and I show you true and proper training."

Ginger walked to the center of the room and barked. The order to circle around her was clear.
"Dogs of Kilo, this is Maze" she motioned with her metallic muzzle to the new wolf blood.
"She is a former Beta dog, she was supposed to be removed from her regiment for weakness, but now she is here to help me train" though Maze had never said why she was to be removed, Ginger could guess well enough. Beta was predictable in that way.
"I have been far to lenient with you're training, when I order you to run I am met with hesitance and laziness. That will change today."
Her soft brown eyes traveled across all the dogs, noting every expression.
"I swore never to train like Beta, and I'm keeping myself to that, but we need change, and Maze was just what we needed" she called the female over, hoping the dried blood around her eye would cause some attention.

Edited at March 6, 2020 10:45 PM by Schatten Waechter
What is Left of Us | Open!March 14, 2020 06:23 PM

Grimm

Darkseeker

Give Award

Commander Hoffen of Foxtrot | #34 | Male | Schnauzer/Wolf cross | M: Kämpe

They silently padded up to the viewing platform, well, it was silent except for the sounds of their metallic parts making contact with the cold floor. The cut across Hoffen's face ached, just a little, and dried blood crusted his beard. He licked his lips as they approached the platform, his metal-capped teach gleaming in the bright artificial lights.

His ears flicked as he tried to make conversation, sitting neatly down in front of the viewing window. "So have you decided who shall be the next Cull? Or is that decision for Beta to make?" Even as a cull, he had little knowledge of the inner workings of Beta, as direct contact with the humans was for the chief cull alone. Years ago Hoffen had thought he would get the position, and now he was almost glad he hadn't.

What is Left of Us | Open!March 14, 2020 10:07 PM

sock monkey

Lightbringer

Give Award
Kämpe | Female | Cheif Cull (German Shepherd Cross) | 24 | M: Hoffen, Pfiel, Alta, Rache

Kämpe flicked her gaze to the commander, eyes narrowed slightly. She hadn't known that the regular commanders knew so little of Beta. How.... unappealing, it would be, to live in the dark, with no knowledge of your superior's intentions. Yet, perhaps peaceful - Kämpe knew she wouldn't enjoy living with no control over herself, yet perhaps being a lower rank had its benefits. She wouldn't have to constantly make sure she was respected, that rules were followed, that decisions were made, that she didn't fail Beta.

She paused before answering Hoffen's question.

"It is my decision. I will state my recommendation to Beta, and await their approval. I have someone in mind as of right now."

She paused, and the transmitter in her ear flickered. A sharp jolt of energy darted through her mind.

Test him.

Kämpe immediately straightened her posture, mind finding the quickest solution. She turned to the Charlie sisters in the ledge below.

"Sixty-one, Sixty-three. Beta wishes to test Twenty-five's potential as a future Cull. I command a break-down of the maze, which I will handle, and an attack on Twenty-five to judge his combat reaction skills. Understood?"

She turned to Hoffen.

"Commander, upon the clearing of the maze simulation, I ask you get your dogs under control, except for Twenty-five, of course." She hesitated, ear flicking thoughtfully. "I don't want uneccessary injuries."

She passed her request to Beta. In a matter of seconds, the Maze vanished, leaving the dogs spread out, stunned as their surroundings evaporated. A flicker of disaprovement washed over the cheif. They should be bomb-proof, unaffected by any change.

What is Left of Us | Open!March 16, 2020 09:33 AM

sock monkey

Lightbringer

Give Award
Alta | Female | German Shepherd | Charlie | 63 | M: All

Alta snapped to attention as her commander addressed her. Her shoulders were drawn back, chin lifted, limbs straightened.

"Understood, Commander." She responded, voice mechanical and steady.

She too had viewed Twenty-five as an option. The loss of his companion had surely broken him down, corroded his will to fight back. He would be a submissive tool - an ideal candidate for a cull. Many of the culls had endured a devastating loss, as had many of the Charlie dogs - it dashed their will to live in the dust. They were able to be controlled as a result.

Alta could still remember the day her mother was murdered. How she and her sister were only just weaned pups.

No emotion. No emotion.

The maze vanished, as the Cheif had said. Twenty-five was easy to spot. Alta didn't hesitate. She leapt from the ledge, eyes cold, cool, demenor oddly composed. She lengthened her stride, athletic form closing the distance between them with ease. Rache should be behind her - or, perhaps her sister would let her handle this. It wasn't up to Alta.

Alta lunged towards him, then feinted away. She wanted to let him know that this was a battle - she wouldn't be so dishonorable as to suddenly ambush him and give him no chance.

What is Left of Us | Open!March 16, 2020 02:35 PM

Dark Matter

Darkseeker

Give Award
Rache | Female | Doberman Husky mix | Charlie/Foxtrot | 61 | Mentions: Hoffen, Kämpe, Alta, Pfeil, All

Rache had been watching the dogs alertly, her body in an emotionless yet prepared position. It seemed that the dogs weren't as dumb as she thought; they were trying to figure out a plan to work together, she'd definitly make them do the maze again... in a more competitive manner.
When the chief cull appeared her muscles tensed, to her sister she would have been able to tell that Rache was uncomfortable around the cull, the last chief cull had killed their mother.
But to others she looked alert, her muscles tensed for anticipation to follow orders.

When her sister replied to the commanders orders she nodded respectfully but did not speak, that was always her sisters job.
She followed Alta at a slower pace, circling around Twenty-five to attack him from behind as she feinted away.
The red doberman reacted better than she would have expected; she had thought he wasn't a bad choice, she hadn't thought that Beta would test him so soon; but orders were orders. Failure to follow resulted in removal.

Pfeil had stumbled when Alta feinted away from him, seemingly he had prepared for a collision, but regained his composure seconds later and stepped into a battle stance, his lips pulled back in a snarl directed at both sisters.
What is Left of Us | Open!March 16, 2020 03:13 PM

Dark Matter

Darkseeker

Give Award
Pfeil | Male | Doberman half blood | Bravo | 25 | Mentions: Orden, Rache, Alta, Aadya, Anfall, all

Pfeil nodded to Orden, she was right, there was no way to tell, they just had to pick a different direction.
When the strange sausage of a dog had the idea of licking her paws his eyes narrowed, Anfall seemed to like the idea, and Orden, though she didn't seem happy from what he could tell from her glare, started licking her paws as well.
It wouldn't do any harm, so he started licking his own paws just as the maze started disappearing.

He raised his head and watched the towering walls fade away, his ears twitching in confusion; why would beta do this?
His question was answered when he saw the Charlie sisters running straight for him.
They were both smaller than him in height, but seeing these two powerful perfectly trained females running straight for him made him freeze.

By the time he came back to his senses it was too late to dodge them and he prepared for impact, only to unbalance himself when Sixty-Three feinted.

Realizing that Beta was testing him for whatever reason he faced both sisters, ears pinned and lips pulled back in a snarl.
He didn't want to wait for them to pounce again, he needed to attack before they could plan a way to overpower him.
He went for the smaller one, Sixty-one, pouncing on her and pressing his paw on her throat; a smart dog wouldn't struggle when in such a fragile position; yet the female flipped him over with ease and his metallic claws never even cut her with the movement.

He struggled but the females grip never loosened. Taking a second to figure out how to break free he kicked up with his hindlegs, wishing he had metal claws on them; but maybe Beta didn't want any blood shed.
Sixty-one only seemed to be unbalanced but she jumped off him anyways, her eyes narrowing.

He jumped up and went into a defensive position; this time he would wait for the sisters attack, pouncing first may have not been the smartest choice of action.
What is Left of Us | Open!March 16, 2020 07:10 PM

Lost Memories

Neutral

Give Award

Hero // Male // KILO // 39 // Wolf/German Shepard // M: Ginger, Arrow, Kordelas, Maze, Tysta

Hero sat back silently, his eyes growing blank and emotionless once more. He was done fighting, done trying. He didn't want to talk anymore. He flicked his ears back and watched Maze and Ginger silently.

He saw awe in the eyes of the other Kilo dogs, and let out a soft sigh, he stood and walked out of the room. He doubted anyone would notice, they were all too focused on Maze, and Hero had never been popular anyway.

As soon as Hero was away from the others he collapsed to the ground closed his eyes in silent mourning. Why did everything have to be so difficult? Why couldn't he just get along like every other dog? Instead he felt lost. He was supposed to protect everyone.

"I promise."

Why couldn't he do it? Why wasn't he strong enough to just do like Ash said?

"I'm sorry!" Hero gasped, looking up. "I'm sorry, I can't do this." Hero whimpered softly and dropped his nose back to the ground, if anyone were to walk in on him they would see a completely collapsed figure, not the normal strong wolf dog that was a trouble maker and showed no emotion.

What is Left of Us | Open!March 16, 2020 10:42 PM

sock monkey

Lightbringer

Give Award
Tysta | Male | Siberian Retriever x Golden Retriever | Kilo Dog |48 | M: All Kilo dogs, Zadolt

Ty watched as his leader spoke. He had always been quiet at first, one to listen before speaking. Maze certainly did look imposing. He flinched at the slash across her eye - it was a horrid wound.

His mind suddenly dove into darkness.

Blood.

A dog danced across his vision. She was golden haired, like him. Something lunged at her, cutting her to the ground. Blood poured from her skull - running over her eye.

Ty felt a scream bubble in his throat. Hands closed around him. He was the only survivor. The bodies of his littermates lays strewn about his mother's lifeless body.

Ty howled and squirmed and squealed and fought. The hands clutched onto him. He was approaching a wall. His mind flickered into darkness. His mother's voice, strong, yet calm - gentle.

Do you know why I named you Tysta?

Silent. Quiet. Calm.

You're a secret, did you know that?

Her voice rose into a soft lullaby.

Be silent, be still.

Do not wait for the morning bird's trill.

In the darkest of night,

Let the dirt beneath your paws be your sight.

She took a breath, her voice returning to a regular, hushed tone.

The secret is simple.

Be silent, be still.

Find the dog, the dog made of metal.

A light flashes in the ear.

The key.

Take the key. Take the key to freedom.

Run.

Run, hide, keep running. Don't look back.

The farthest end of the city, where nothing lives. Where danger lurks at every corner.

The exit lies North.

The key.

Then run.

Run to freedom.

And never look back.

Ty's mind jerked into reality. He stumbled backwards, mind scrambling to process what he had witnessed.

Mother.

He wanted to scream. He wanted to protect her. To save her. It was too late.

I'm too late. I'm too late. I -

I have the key.

I can't be too late for this. I can still save lives. I can save the Beta dogs, the Kilo dogs, the humans, the Culls. I can protect them all. Heal them, fix them. They need the key. And I have the first step.

I was too late. Too late to save Mother. But I can still save them.

"Commander Gin? I - have - to go. Really quick. I promise I'll be back soon. I'm sorry!" The golden furried dog turned and lunged down the tunnel they came. He didn't bother to be stealthy. Any dog could easily follow. His paws pounded against the hard - packed dirt. He needed to save them. He needed to.

Ty surfaced quickly, lunging out of the covered hole in the ground. He was close to the Beta training complex, far too close for his liking. But Ty, usually calm and thoughtful, disregarded all caution. He wasn't so close so he was visible.

Zadolt. I need Zadolt. Please, please, please. Zadolt.

What is Left of Us | Open!March 16, 2020 10:50 PM

sock monkey

Lightbringer

Give Award
Alta | Female | German Shepherd | Charlie | 63 | M: All

Attacking first. Smart. If he were stronger - say, made of metal - it would have been an excellent move. But Alta and Rache were trained machine - like dogs. Flesh and Blood, but barely. She knew immediately that it would do no good. To her surprise, he was able to unbalance Rache. There was a slight flicker of worry from Alta for her sister - but Rache could handle anything. They had been trained to do so since pups.

Alta took her chance, this time calculating her moves far more carefully. She wanted to test his ability when overpowered, when losing a battle. So she drew her shoulders back, lowered her head to protect her chest and underbelly, and charged. By going for his flank or side by normal means, she exposed her own shoulder and head. A risky move, but one she was willing to take. She was able to dodge at any given moment, anyway. It wasn't about winning - it was about testing.

Alta feinted, then lunged for his shoulder. If he were to dodge, he would miss his oppertunity to catch her own shoulder. If he remained still, they would both be able to wound each other. It was important he realize that this was no game - that blood would be drawn. Until Kämpe gave the order to halt, this was a fight to the death.

Forums > Roleplay > Literate
   1   ..    22    23    24    25    26   ..   53 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us