Chatbox
 purdy
06:49:33 
M&Ms are just better!
(thank you!!)
 Boeing
06:49:29 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Fei
I'm also guessing eating is somehow also not an option? Because if not then you probably should eat >.>
 Feiella
06:48:46 Fei the writer
Bo
hungry
 Boeing
06:48:04 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
purdy
m&ms for life
 CrypticHollow
06:47:47 
purdy

m&ms
 Boeing
06:47:37 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Zephyr
I don't know how it works. I just always seem to find mission goofy's den and run into Fei's pack

Fei
How are you :)
 purdy
06:47:26 
Chat while you're awake, M&M or Skittles?
 Salem
06:45:34 Rumi
-WP Click-
 ZEFHYR
06:45:14 
oh, Boeing, my dens are always empty so far
 Feiella
06:44:29 Fei the writer
hey Bo
 ZEFHYR
06:44:19 
apple trees: verrry quietly...
 ZEFHYR
06:43:30 
jeepers mission goof, snark much? lol wink wink
 Boeing
06:43:20 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
purdy
Welp lol
Just spend a bit grinding out Jungle and you'll have it back quickly though
 mission goofy
06:43:01 
purdy - what happened!?
 purdy
06:42:38 
chat i messed up.... i lost 2000 mush :P
 AppleTrees
06:42:09 Apples
Do you guys have any advice for how I talk to my crush? ;-;
 mission goofy
06:42:05 
my brain is still. So Fried
 mission goofy
06:41:53 
oh i somehow completely missed the fact you were talking to boeing LOL
 Boeing
06:41:22 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
goofy
Good ^^" I find it so often I'm beginning to feel a bit guilty for the amount I've stolen

Zephyr, what do you mean? I just find dens in Explore.
 mission goofy
06:40:52 
zefhyr - turning off the notifications or not caring?

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Black Bear : -4
Margay : +3
Mamba : +2
    Fall   Day  Weather:  Sunny

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Literate
   1    2 

The Black Lotus Syndicate | Assassins | ThreadAugust 3, 2024 05:55 PM

Honey

Darkseeker

Give Award
Kieran Lagorio | Male | 30 | Disciple | M: Mavros, Cassian (ind.), Vixen (ind.), Sylphiel (ind.), Draven (ind.)

Kieran tapped his fingernails thoughtfully against the waterlogged wood of the pew beneath him. He liked the sound of Mavros's idea more than the others; with the politicians at the peace summit distracted by whatever diversion they came up with, their guards would be down, and the syndicate would easily be able to swoop in and take out the key players. They would definitely still need all hands on deck for an assignment of that scale, however.

Kieran knew very little about the realm's various religions; the places where he'd spent his youth were often somewhat antiethical to the universal teachings of most denominations. Even he had a difficult time believing that even the Black Lotus could pull off what Vixen was proposing, though. Unless they posed as members of an entirely new, unheard-of religion, their fake prophecy could be easily disputed by other followers across the realm.

Perhaps he was just biased; Kieran was still a bit leery of Vixen. In his opinion, allowing her to keep her status as a noble and join the syndicate simultaneously was a mistake. Black Lotus assassins were required to abandon their previous lives for a reason. He knew that the syndicate received powerful knowledge regarding politics and issues in the kingdom through her, but he was still convinced that she would give them all up in a heartbeat if it meant holding on to her status.

He didn't like how involved she seemed to be with this particular plan, either. As a rule, Acolytes were very rarely informed about the intricacies and details of the syndicate's various assignments. Kieran was used to the Acolytes being relegated to lowly jobs until they had proven their worth and become Disciples; it's what he had done, at least. What was the point of their hierarchy system if there were going to be exceptions?

Kieran was at least glad that his suggestion of dragging the Acolytes along to the peace treaty signing wasn't being considered. Aside from whatever was going on with Vixen, it was essentially unhard of for Acolytes to accompany higher-ranking members on assignments unless there was some menial task that needed to be done simultaneously. He didn't love the idea of babysitting the newer members while trying to take out some of the most influential politicians in the realm.

He glanced back up towards the front of the room as Cassian spoke again. If they could pull it off, stopping the signing before it even happened would be the safest and most convenient method for them. They would likely only have to send out a few assassins, rather than the entire syndicate, and they most certainly wouldn't have to travel as far.

Kieran nearly groaned out loud, though, when Cassian mentioned the strategy of religious interference again. He not only didn't think it would work, but the amount of planning and strategizing that the whole syndicate would have to put into the plan would be practically unachievable. He bit his lip, nearly hard enough to draw blood. It wasn't his place to contradict Cassian, especially not in front of the rest of the syndicate. He supposed he could always have a word with the leader at a later time if it looked like they were really going through with Vixen's plan.

Edited at August 7, 2024 06:52 PM by Honey
The Black Lotus Syndicate | Assassins | ThreadAugust 12, 2024 04:25 PM

Caribou Creek

Neutral

Give Award

Draven Facilier|M|24|Disciple|Mentions: Syndicate members

Arson? An interesting but foolish tactic. Draven thought to himself as Cassian spoke. His hazel eyes were fixated on his leader, observing him silently and intently, like a predator would its prey. He didn't miss the subtle shift in Cassian's expression and posture, the ever so slight display of discomfort...perhaps even weakness? The young disciple took a mental note of this, filing the observation away for later use. He had no great interest in whatever ill fate may plague their noble leader...for now. It would however, be useful to watch him closely from here on out. A stumble, a slip, a falter, or any sign of weakness could be enough to tip the delicate balance within this small group of ravenous killers. With the threat of their downfall already weighing on their shoulders, a weakened leader could push certain individuals to violent and selfish extremes.

"Forgive me for disagreeing," Draven said after a long moment of pause and silence had covered the room. "But every ounce of my being rebels against the possibility of using religious influence that our young acolyte has so brazenly suggested.." He did not look at her, but his tone was rather pointed at young Vixen seated behind him. His voice dripped smoothly from his tongue, his words careful yet bold. "Preventing the ceremony from happening at all should be our main focus, and would pose less risk to the already limited lives we have present here. Our numbers are small, and we are already at risk. We should not be sending out large groups or hinting at any sort of religious propaganda that could very well lead right back to us if not done properly."

Draven was not the biggest fan of large group operations anyway, but with such a big threat dangling over their heads it was simply just stupid to send out the whole syndicate on a mission that may very well backfire. "Perhaps we send out smaller teams or duos into areas for scouting and more information gathering before doing anything big. I know it's a job mainly reserved for acolytes, but I can't help but feel as if the more knowledge and eyes we have on the kingdoms the better." He risked a glance over at Kieran, nodding slightly to him in acknowledgement. He and his fellow disciple worked extremely well together each time they were paired, and Cassian surely was no stranger to that knowledge. Sending out experienced assassins on more focused missions could prove useful, as well as sending out newer members in other areas.

If they wanted to be successful, they simply had to be as educated as possible. If they had six months, they may as well start using that time to gather as much information as possible before finalizing any sort of greater plan. Perhaps certain political figures could be taken out early to spark some sort of chaos and distrust between the kingdoms so close to a treaty. It would aid the syndicate in fueling that hatred, perhaps even causing some sort of fight before the ceremony could even take place at all.

The Black Lotus Syndicate | Assassins | ThreadAugust 16, 2024 10:45 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award

Vixen Nightshade alias: Angeline Jane Howard | Female | 21 Years | Acolyte | Mentions: Cassian, Draven, ind. Sylphiel

Vixen felt a thrill through her as Cassian, their great leader, responded to her information. Even if she didn't have good ideas, at least she was useful in ways that none of the rest of them could be, especially for this job. How did Cassian appear to be so at ease? She did not do well at public speaking or at least she got really nervous and sometimes it felt like her brain swelled and she forgot everything she ever learned. Cassian did not rush and she saw no sign of nerves. He seemed so comfortable here.

She shot a glance at Draven in front of her, her eyes narrowed. "Admittedly, we won't know for sure what our manipulations on their religion could do to the population, but they are quite superstitious. We would be able to find something to manipulate them with. We just have to have the right amount of support, but it is risky enough," she conceded, "that our whole plan shouldn't depend on it, but could still be useful." The best plans were simple. The greatest miraculously fell into place. "Although it's true, we'd probably want more than six months to set up a religion."

"I am assuming that since you treat acolytes with such distrust this must be all that is left of the Syndicate. Otherwise, why bring us in for the planning session instead of sending us out on a specific mission. It's very odd. If the assassins in this room are all that we have, if we did too chaotic of a smoke screen we'd never get all of the important people while they are vulnerable. Some would escape to cause problems. I am assuming I'm not the only acolyte and that doesn't leave very many. If you are planning on taking out the important people, then you need to know who is in line and which one would be the most favorable for us to be ruling, which I would not advise at all, but I am assuming we want someone who will be a weak ruler and not a fan of peace. It would be more certain to complete the mission before the ceremony," she acknowledged. "Do you know how many copies of the treaty have been signed previously? They're just witnessing it in public. They have to have them ready for records and sending it out to the far reaches of the kingdom to be read."

She mused about the next plot that was mentioned. "If there was an inopportune fire, suspicion would be placed on Rayong, but also fires are so frequent with all of the wooden buildings. If important and not important people don't die from the fire, they might see how strategic we are being and know it is not an accident, which might make them blame Rayong more or they could turn on us and discover one of us."

"It would make sense that not just acolytes scout, but I don't think the pairings necessarily need to be someone higher ranked and an acolyte. I think the small teams just need to be who make sense for the assignment. I assume it's a hard concept for a traditional Syndicate like this to try out, but it will be more effective."

"I think if you wanted more ideas you should've told people ahead of time to be thinking about it. I don't think you are going to get anymore right now. Shouldn't your deputy have something wise to say? Why would she have that position unless she's particulalry creative?" She looked at the deputy rather suspiciously hoping she didn't get kicked out on here ear. She wanted to goad the leaders to reveal themselves more. She felt uncomfortable that this could all be some elaborate test on their abilities and not necessarily their loyalty...unless their loyalty was how far they were willing to go to accomplish the misison. There were so few, it wouldn't take much to extinguish the Syndicate.

Forums > Roleplay > Literate
   1    2 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us