mission goofy
01:45:59 
Finally riding the stationary bike again lol
 Nevermore.
01:45:39 Never/Nev
150 is the heaviest a wolf can be.
 The NightClan
01:44:42 Wolfy, Night
Can someone tell me when the weight of a wolf is at its max?
 Salom_
01:35:11 Sal, Salmon
Mods let me know if advertising that isn't allowed, but it's just a game! Not a mush thing
 Salom_
01:34:36 Sal, Salmon
-WP Click-
Bored? Want input on a new character? Come try the OC rating game!
 Malcuth
01:32:15 Wander
Thoughts on this custom coat?
-Click-
 Nevermore.
01:31:40 Never/Nev
Every ten levels you unlock a new biome
 Sabbath
01:31:24 Rook
Narran
I believe it's every 10 levels you'll unlock the next terrain
 Narran Park
01:29:49 Sting
How many levels until you unlock a new biome?
 Sabbath
01:15:02 Rook
Finally completed my quest to complete 10 levels in Tundra.

I have... so many ptarmigan feathers and so many snowy owl feathers xD
 Continental Wolves
01:14:20 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Ara
I don't think they do, at least I've never seen it
 Arachne
01:12:50 Ara/Kat
Weight: 86 Pounds
Build: Lanky
Fur Type: Bald

im glad they added this detail to bald wolves lol, makes me wonder can they pass it on to non-bald wolves
 Continental Wolves
01:11:49 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Bao Buns
That's the goal actually, I'd love to log in for a year straight
 -Sweet-Poison-
12:59:15 Bau
Kalian

It looks great! I love it
 Chaotic Twins
12:58:51 Ryder,Kalian
how does my palette look?
 Ghost Queen
12:54:17 Ghost, Hades, Anubis
I th8nk I'm 200 and something
 -Sweet-Poison-
12:52:56 Bau
Ems

You have logged in 50 days in a row.
Damn... Yours is so high, almost a year :0
 Continental Wolves
12:52:04 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
You have logged in 312 days in a row :3

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Baboon : +4
Leopard : -5
Wolverine : -3
    Fall   Day  Weather:  Sunny

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1   ..    38    39    40    41    42 

Outlander x MeekoSeptember 1, 2024 11:17 PM

Meeko

Darkseeker

Give Award
Sky anticipated a reply, but really what was Alex going to say to "hey", it could be anything... or nothing at all. His leg started to bounce uncontrollably, though it didn't bounce like crazy. He clenched his jaw for a moment before looking at Chris. "How long do you have?" Sky asked. "For what?" Chris answered dumbfounded. "Till work idiot." Sky said, slightly annoyed. He felt just the tiniest bit of regret, with how he said it, he didn't mean to snap a bit. "Sorry." Sky said quietly, looking down. "It's okay, but what's going on man. I have about 10 minutes before I should get walking." Chris replied, worry in his tone. With a shrug of his shoulders, Sky was silent. "Cmon Sky." Chris pleaded. "It's nothing, but being here is helping Chris. Don't worry man, I'll be okay." Sky replied as he looked into Chris's eyes, lying so easily. Glancing over at Alex, he furrowed his brows a bit, wondering why he hadn't texted back yet. With another clench of his jaw, he looked back at Chris. He shook his head and breathed out sharply. Worry hardened on Chris's face as he carefully watched Sky's actions. Chris then grabbed a hold of Sky's hand, giving it a little squeeze. "Sky, please tell me you didnt relapse." Chris slightly pleaded. Sky swatted Chris's hand away once he heard the word relapse. "Really, fuck you Chris." Sky said, and even though he lashed out he managed to keep his voice low enough to not disturb others. His brows furrowed and he put his hands in his pockets as he walked away. He threw Alex a quick glance on the way out the door.
Outlander x MeekoSeptember 1, 2024 11:53 PM

Outlander

Lightbringer

Give Award
Alex cradled the coffee cup between his hands, relishing the comforting warmth that seeped through the paper and into his skin. He brought the cup to his lips and took a slow sip, letting the rich, sweet taste linger on his tongue. The creaminess was just right, not too heavy but silky enough to make him feel like he was indulging in something special. As he swallowed, he couldn't help but think that this might become a new favorite spot. The cafe's coffee seemed to have a way of lifting the weight off his shoulders - whether from the strain of school, the constant pressure at work, or the quiet expectations that lingered in every corner of his home life. Here, a simple cup of coffee felt like an escape, a small luxury in the midst of the everyday grind.
`
A contented smile played on Alex's lips as he took another sip, and then set the cup down on the wooden table. He glanced over at Ben, who was busy savoring his own drink. "How'd you find out about this place?" Alex asked, curiosity threading through his voice.
`
Ben looked up, momentarily distracted from his coffee. "Hmm? Oh..." He chuckled, setting his cup down as if the question had jolted him from his thoughts. "I just stumbled across it about a week ago. Figured I'd give it a try. Damn glad I did, too - some of the best coffee and pastries I've ever had. I can confidently say this is the finest cafe establishment in town." Alex laughed, nodding in agreement. "Right, because this town has how many cafes?" He teased, earning an amused eye roll from Ben. "Hey, is that any way to talk to someone who's treating you to this amazingness?"
`
Alex shrugged with a playful grin. He enjoyed this kind of banter - the lighthearted back-and-forth that only came from the comfort of close friendships. It was in these moments, when everything felt easy and fun, that Alex felt most grounded. The laughter, the teasing, the shared experiences - they were the glue that held his friendships together, and considering how often they fell into this rhythm, he knew his friends felt the same way.
`
Shifting his attention to the pastry in front of him, Alex picked up and took a tentative bite. His eyes widened in surprise as the soft, moist breading melted in his mouth, giving way to the perfect balance of tart and sweet jelly at its center. "Holy shit." He murmured, more to himself than to Ben. Normally, Alex wasn't one to indulge in sweets, but he would've gladly devoured an entire plate of these pastries if given the chance. They were that good.
`
Just as he was about to take another bite, Alex noticed movement out of the corner of his eye. He turned his head just in time to see Skylar standing up abruptly from his table across the cafe. Something about the way Skylar moved seemed off - hurried, tense. Their eyes met for the briefest of moments, and Alex's brow furrowed in concern. Skylar's expression looked strained, almost upset, though Alex couldn't quite place why. His first instinct was to get up, to follow Skylar and see if he was okay, but instead, he found himself frozen in place, uncertainty rooting him to his chair.
`
You okay?" Ben's voice broke through Alex's thoughts, pulling him back to the present.
`
"Yeah... yeah, I'm fine," Alex replied, though his tone was distracted. He nodded, trying to reassure Ben, but his gaze dropped to the table. There, his phone sat idly, the screen dark and reflective. For a moment, he just stared at it, torn between worry and hesitation. Then, after a brief pause he reached for it. Bringing up his messages with Skylar, Alex quickly typed out a question that had been lingering in his mind ever since he'd seen that look on Skylar's face. "You okay?" The words seemed so simple, almost inadequate for the concern he felt, but they were all he could manage in the moment. He didn't give himself a chance to overthink it. Before he could second-guess the decision, Alex hit send.
`
As soon as the message disappeared into the digital ether, Alex set his phone down again, but this time ti didn't carry the same sense of anticipation. Instead, he felt a quiet tension, a hope that maybe Skylar would open up to him - if not in person, then at least through a message. It was a strange feeling, this mix of excitement and worry. On the one hand, he couldn't deny that he felt a certain thrill at being able to reach out to Skylar, but on the other, there was this nagging concern that something was wrong, something he couldn't quite fix.
`
Ben seemed to notice the change in Alex's demeanor, but he didn't push. Instead, he took another sip of his coffee and gave Alex the space to sort through whatever was going on in his head. Alex appreciated that. He liked that Ben knew when to step back, to let things settle without needing to fill the silence with more questions.
Outlander x MeekoSeptember 2, 2024 12:16 AM

Meeko

Darkseeker

Give Award
As soon as Sky got out of the cafe and into the fresh air, he took a deep breath in but kept walking. He needed to go home, he couldn't take another 10 minutes without anything in his system or he'd full-on freak out. As he frantically walked down the sidewalk his phone buzzed. Sky didn't bother to check it, he didn't even hear or feel it buzz. At this moment, he was too caught up in his brain and he had one objective only. His house wasn't too far, which he was very thankful for. Sky grew tense, and even more frantic as he grew closer to his house. He made his way up the front steps and as soon as he walked in some of the tension and panic lifted off his shoulders. But that didn't stop him from hurrying to his room. He went to his drawer and paused for a moment. He made a quick decision to do it differently this time, the way that would make it hit better and faster. Sky checked his phone quickly because he knew he'd probably be out for a bit. He stared at Alex's message, unsure of how to respond. "No." He typed out then hovered his thumb over the send button. He shook his head and pressed send then shut his phone off immediately. (don't think I can go much into detail but vein, that's all ill say) Almost straight after he was done, he quickly went in and out of consciousness, before he was just out. Sky didn't even get to put anything away or take anything out/off.
(my brain ain't being as creative as yours is)
Outlander x MeekoSeptember 2, 2024 11:46 PM

Outlander

Lightbringer

Give Award
Alex's nerves buzzed with anticipation as he stared at his phone, willing it to light up with a message from Skylar. His teeth gnawed at his lower lip, a nervous habit that accompanied the anxious bouncing of his leg beneath the table. The phone sat in front of him, motionless, its dark screen taunting him with silence. Each passing second stretched painfully, the minutes dragging by in what felt like slow motion. Alex's mind raced, circling the same thought over and over again - something had to be wrong. That look on Skylar's face, the fleeting glimpse of irritation, frustration, or whatever it was, kept playing in his mind.
`
Skylar didn't exactly seem like the type to wear his emotions on his sleeve. In fact, Alex had never seen him look like that before. The memory of it gnawed at him, twisting his stomach into tighter knots with each tick of the clock. He bit down harder on his lip, trying to push away the worry gnawing at him, but it was no use. With a heavy sigh, he shook his head as if trying to physically dislodge the unease that had settled in his chest. "Hey, Ben..." Alex began, his voice barely steady as he forced himself to speak. "I hate to do this to you, but I think I need to go."
`
Ben looked up from his coffee, surprise flashing across his features. Alex was already halfway out of his seat, grabbing his backpack and slinging it over his shoulder. He reached for his phone, his eyes still glued to the screen, as if hoping that in the last few seconds, something might have changed, but there was nothing. Just the dark, unresponsive screen. "We'll have to do this again okay? Next time, it's on me." Alex added a hasty promise that was more reflex than anything. He barely waited for Ben's response before turning toward the cafe doors, the words hanging in the air behind him as he moved quickly to leave.
`
The cool air hit him as soon as he stepped outside, a sharp contrast to the warmth of the cafe. It should have been refreshing, but it barely registered. He was too preoccupied, his thoughts a whirlwind of concern and indecision. He hadn't gotten more than a few steps when his phone buzzed in his hand. Instantly, Alex froze, his heart leaping in his throat. With a surge of hope, he unlocked his phone, desperate to see Skylar's name on the screen. But the message that awaited him was... underwhelming, to say the least.
`
No. One word. That was it. Just no.
`
Alex stared at the screen, his brow furrowing in confusion. That wasn't an answer. It wasn't even a real response. It was a brush-off, a wall, and it left him feeling more unsettled than before. Why no? What did that even mean? Was Skylar shutting him out, or was he simply avoiding the truth? A quiet debate began to unfurl in Alex's mind. Should he go home, as he had originally planned, and maybe try calling Skylar later? Or should he do something bolder, something more direct - like going to check on Skylar in person? The rational part of him urged caution, whispering that it might be better to give Skylar some space, to respect whatever boundaries he was trying to set. But the other part, the one driven by concern and instinct, refused to let go.
`
Skylar had looked upset. That wasn't something Alex could simply brush aside. He drew in a deep breath, the decision solidifying in his mind. With a determined shift of his backpack, Alex slipped his phone into his pocket and turned on his heel. He knew what he had to do, even if it felt impulsive. He couldn't just leave things like this - not when his gut told him something was wrong. His steps quickened as he began making his way toward Skylar's place, the familiar streets passing by in a blur. He couldn't say for sure what he would find when he got there, but he couldn't just ignore his instincts. If Skylar needed help, if something was really wrong, Alex wanted to be there for him.
`
The autumn air carried a hint of chill as the evening began to settle in, but Alex barely noticed. His mind was focused on one thing - Skylar. Whether it was worry, curiosity, or something deeper that pushed him forward, he wasn't sure. But he knew that he couldn't rest until he knew that Skylar was okay. With each step, the tension in his chest grew stronger. There was something more to this, something unspoken that hung in the air between them. And Alex was determined to find out what it was.
((Sorry if this is poorly written, and for any typos. I had to type it up on my phone. >.>))
Outlander x MeekoSeptember 3, 2024 12:21 AM

Meeko

Darkseeker

Give Award
Everything fell silent, and Sky's room remained dark. The only source of light was some sunshine creeping through his curtains. He hadn't been keeping up with cleaning his room so there was clothes all over his floor, and his bed was unmade from the previous night. Sky usually was good at keeping his room clean, but with relapsing, things have gotten harder for him to do.
As of right now, he was home alone and passed out on the floor. There was a slight chance that he was currently overdosing. He has done it before like this, but perhaps he took too much this time. He has never lost consciousness ever. Sky's breathing slowed as he stayed still, lying on his bedroom floor. With a loud knock from his front door, Skylar slowly regained consciousness. He slowly opened his eyes, but once they were fully open he wasn't all there in the head. He couldn't find the words, or even open his mouth to tell whoever was knocking to go away. Another loud knock followed after a couple of seconds. Sky couldn't decide if he wanted to yell come in or go away. He didn't need to say anything really, so he remained silent. He breathed in deeply, dropping his lids slightly before fully closing them.

Edited at September 3, 2024 12:21 AM by Meeko
Outlander x MeekoSeptember 3, 2024 08:53 PM

Outlander

Lightbringer

Give Award
Though Alex had only been to Skylar's place once, the route was burned into his memory. In a town as small as theirs, he knew every road and alley by heart. Still, despite knowing the quickest shortcuts and nearly sprinting through them, each step felt agonizingly slow. Every second that passed seemed to stretch into an eternity, and he couldn't shake the mounting urgency in his chest. What was it exactly that had him so anxious? The look on Skylar's face - the flash of irritation and sadness - had triggered an almost instinctual worry in Alex. But it felt like there was more to it than just that fleeting expression. Skylar had been the one to push him, to encourage Alex to take a chance on them, despite the looming danger it posed to his carefully constructed life. And yet now, with Skylar's abrupt withdrawal, it felt like the tables had turned. Just when Alex had found the courage to dive in, it seemed Skylar was the one retreating.
`
His thoughts raced as his feet pounded against the pavement, carrying him down another familiar street, then another. The houses and trees blurred past him as if they weren't even there, his focus locked on one thing - getting to Skylar. Every unanswered text, every missed opportunity to talk played in his mind, only heightening his anxiety. By the time Skylar's house finally came into view, Alex's breath was coming in ragged gasps, not from the physical exertion, but from the emotional weight pressing down on him.
`
He didn't even slow as he approached the front door, barely pausing to catch his breath before raising his hand to knock. His knuckles hit the wood with more force than intended, the sound sharp and urgent in the quiet afternoon. Alex strained to listen for any signs of life inside - footsteps, a creak, the faintest sound of movement. But the house remained stubbornly silent. His heart sank, a knot tightening in his stomach as he knocked again, harder this time. Still nothing.
`
"Skylar?!" Alex called out, his voice loud enough to echo in the stillness. The sound of his own desperation made him wince, but he couldn't stop himself. He waited, his pulse thundering in his ears, but the silence that followed deafening. Either Skylar wasn't home, or - Alex didn't want to consider the alternative, that Skylar might be inside and deliberately ignoring him.
`
A cold weight settled in his chest as he reached for his phone, fumbling to unlock it with trembling fingers. Dialing Skylar's number, Alex pressed the phone to his ear, doing his best to calm the pounding of his heart. The line rang once, twice - then went straight to voicemail. Alex's stomach lurched with disappointment, and his brow furrowed in frustration. Pulling the phone away, he stared at the screen for a moment, willing it to light up with a response that didn't come. His fingers hovered over the keypad, hesitant for just a moment before he typed out a message. "He, I'm outside your place. Can we talk?" He stared at the words, feeling the weight of them. The vulnerability of reaching out when he wasn't sure what was happening on the other side. But he couldn't leave things like this. Not when the air between them felt, at least to him, so unsettled, so unfinished. Taking a deep breath, he hit send.
`
The silence that followed felt unbearable. Every second stretched out like a taut wire, vibrating with tension. Alex paced in front of Skylar's door, his eyes darting to the windows, half-expecting to see a shadow move, a sign that Skylar was there, watching, debating whether to answer. But the house remained as still as ever, the curtains drawn, the windows opaque. It was as if the building itself was closing him out. Alex shoved his hands into his pockets, feeling the cool metal of his keys against his fingers, something tangible to ground him as his thoughts spun. What if this was it? What if Skylar had already decided it wasn't worth it? That whatever fleeting connection they'd shared wasn't strong enough to withstand the risks. The idea sent a jolt of panic through him. He had only just begun to entertain the possibility of something real with Skylar, and already the fear of losing it had become palpable.
`
His phone remained silent in his hand, no vibration, no reassuring buzz of a message received. Alex bit down on the inside of his cheek, frustration and worry building in equal measure. he hated feeling like this - so uncertain, so out of control. All he wanted was to understand what was going on in Skylar's head, to hear him out, to talk this through. But standing here on the front steps, cut off and in the dark, that seemed impossible.
`
With a heavy sigh, Alex leaned back against the door, staring up at the sky as if it might offer him some clarity. The sun was beginning to dip lower, casting long shadows across the street, and the day was slipping away. He couldn't stand here forever, waiting for something that might never come. But walking away felt equally unbearable. How could he leave when he didn't even know what he was leaving behind? He glanced down at his phone again, his thumb hovering over the screen. Maybe he should try calling again. Or maybe he should wait, and give Skylar space - after all, pushing too hard could make things worse. But then again, what if not pushing at all meant letting whatever they had slip away?
`
The indecision gnawed at him, but ultimately, Alex knew there was nothing more he could do in that moment. With a reluctant sigh, he typed out one last message, simple and direct. "I'm here whenever you're ready to talk." He hesitated only a moment before sending it, then tucked his phone back into his pocket.
Outlander x MeekoSeptember 3, 2024 09:31 PM

Meeko

Darkseeker

Give Award
Just as Sky was about to be fully out of it again, he heard someone yell his name. It sounded muffled, like it was coming from outside of his house but it was still pretty loud. His head rose slightly and his eyes shot open, but stayed half-lidded. He looked around, confused about who might have yelled for him. Maybe Im just hearing things, he thought to himself. Sky then shut his eyes again and laid his head back down. But only was it silent for a couple of seconds before his phone buzzed. He didn't bother to open his eyes because he didn't care what the notification was.
But then after another moment of silence, his phone buzzed again. Now Sky was annoyed, he just wanted to be at peace and everything to be quiet. He groaned and opened his eyes again. Slowly and weakly, he reached for his phone. He had one missed call from Alex and two messages. What does he want? Sky looked at his phone in confusion. He took a bit to unlock it, because he had forgotten his password. "Inside." Sky typed, he was unsure of how to answer it and didn't really have to brain power to write much more. What he meant was to say that he was inside and to come in, but it was too much for him to write right now. He pressed send almost immediately after typing it, but it didn't register in his brain that he sent the text until a hot second afterward. "Fuck." He breathed quietly as he looked down at his arm and all of the stuff on the floor.
Sky hurried to sit up before taking it out of his arm, though the bruising was already there. He shook his head slightly and grabbed everything before trying to stand up. He stumbled up, but grabbed his dresser for support, then put everything in a drawer. Once he was confident enough that he could stand on his own, he stopped holding the dresser. Bringing his hands to his face, he rubbed it for a moment and then ran his fingers through his slightly tangled hair. For a moment he forgot Alex was about to come in any second. "Shit." Sky said before turning around. He took a deep breath in, trying to compose himself, though it was quite hard to do so being on as much as he was.
His whole vision went a tiniest bit blurry when he started to walk towards his door, but he had to push through it. He knew he probably wasn't going to be able to but he needed to for Alex. It seemed like time had slowed, but it still confused Sky on why Alex wasn't already in his room yet with how slow he was being. He made it to his door, finally, and opened it. He was taken aback when he didn't see Alex. He stood there for a moment, holding onto the door frame. It wasn't until another hot second passed by that it clicked in his brain. Maybe Alex didn't understand what Sky meant. He turned around and made his way back to where he left his phone. This time he unlocked it slightly quicker. "Come Inside." Sky then typed, pressing send immediately. He then tossed his phone onto his bed and made his way back to his doorframe. He stood there for a moment of support, and then just waited. He didn't really want to test his luck with walking.

Edited at September 3, 2024 09:34 PM by Meeko
Outlander x MeekoSeptember 3, 2024 10:29 PM

Outlander

Lightbringer

Give Award
Though Alex remained rooted to the spot for several moments, his chest rising and falling with deep breaths he hadn't realized he was taking, he let out a long sigh. He shook his head, trying to dispel the nagging doubts gnawing at the edges of his thoughts. Why am I still here? The silence from inside Skylar's house felt oppressive, and with each passing second the likelihood of a response seemed to dwindle. It felt foolish, almost, to keep waiting, as if the mere act of lingering on the doorstep could change the outcome. With another resigned exhale, he turned on his heel and began walking back toward the sidewalk. His footsteps echoed dully against the pavement, a reminder of how empty and futile the entire effort seemed.
`
But then, just as his thoughts threatened to spiral into frustration his phone buzzed in his pocket, stopping him dead in his tracks. The vibration sent a jolt of energy through him, his heart leaping into his throat. Don't get your hopes up, he told himself, trying to temper the sudden surge of anticipation. It could be anyone - doesn't mean it's him. Yet despite his attempts at remaining cautious, the sliver of hope was impossible to ignore as he quickly pulled out his phone.
`
When Alex saw Skylar's name on the screen, his breath caught. He blinked, feeling a slight but undeniable shift in the air around him. Perhaps things weren't as black as he had feared. Maybe this wasn't the end after all. For a fleeting moment, his fears seemed unfounded, dissolving in the face of message notification.
`
His fingers hovered over the screen as he opened the text, his brows knitting together as he read it. "Inside." The single word left him puzzled. What was that supposed to mean? Was Skylar telling him to come in? The uncertainty made him pause, glancing back at the door he had just walked away from. His mind raced, weighing the possibilities. He didn't want to misinterpret anything, didn't want to intrude if that wasn't Skylar's intention. But then again, why would Skylar send that message if he wasn't inviting him in? Just as Alex was debating whether or not to turn back, his phone buzzed again. Another text. He quickly unlocked his phone, his heart pounding in his chest as he read the confirmation he'd been waiting for. "Come inside." The words felt like a lifeline, pulling him back from the brink of uncertainty. Alex allowed himself a small, relieved smile as he typed a simple response. "Okay."
`
Sliding his phone back into his pocket, Alex retraced his steps, the weight of indecision slowly lifting from his shoulders. The hesitation he'd felt only moments before was gone, replaced by a quiet determination. This was the moment he had been hoping for - an opportunity to clear the air, to figure out what was wrong, where they stood. Standing in front of the door once more, Alex took a deep breath. His hand lingered on the doorknob a brief pause to steel himself before he turned it. The door opened with a soft creak, and Alex stepped inside, closing it quietly behind him. The house felt still, almost too quiet as if it were holding its breath, waiting for something to happen.
`
His eyes darted around, searching for any sign of Skylar. He was about to call out when he heard the faintest sound coming from down the hall. A light shuffle, the creak of floorboards. Skylar's room. As Alex made his way down the narrow hallway toward Skylar's room, the quiet of the house seemed to press in on him. Every creak of the floorboards under his feet felt louder in the stillness, amplifying the tension that had been steadily building in his chest since he had stepped through the front door. He had come here for answers, for some kind of clarity, but as he approached Skylar's room, uncertainty gnawed at the edges of his resolve.
`
He was only a few steps away when he suddenly froze in place. Skylar was there, standing in the doorway, leaning heavily against the doorframe as if it was the only thing holding him up. The sight of him brought Alex's uneasy thoughts crashing back into focus. The way Skylar stood, slouched and seemingly distant, sent a wave of anxiety rolling through him. Something was off - terribly off.
`
"Skylar..." Alex's voice broke the silence, though it felt small, almost insignificant in the heavy atmosphere. "Are you okay?" The concern in his tone was unmistakable, laced with a quiet urgency that mirrored the growing worry twisting inside him. He could feel the tension knotting his shoulders, his body instinctively tensing as he waited for Skylar to respond.
Outlander x MeekoSeptember 3, 2024 10:48 PM

Meeko

Darkseeker

Give Award
Sky stayed leaning against the frame of the door, his heartbeat was still slow, and his mind was dazed and confused. He took a shaky deep breath in, closing his eyes as he did so. He then breathed it out slowly, and equally as shaky. He didn't know why he told Alex to come inside because Sky wanted to keep this side of him to himself, he didn't want to expose that to Alex yet... or ever even. Of course, Alex has seen Sky high before, but not off of this drug. This side of Sky was much darker than being high on the things from the party.
Sky was taken away from the thoughts in his mind when silence was broken. He looked up through his hair at Alex, and a big wave of regret hit him. He winced, looking immediately back down, shaking his head. He could feel his heartbeat increasing, and sweat starting to form all over his body. He didn't know how to talk to Alex right now, what was he going to say? What could he say? Sky slowly looked back up, with pinpoint pupils, much different from the night of the party. "Alex." Sky said quietly, still leaning against the doorframe, refusing to walk closer to Alex. "Im sorry." He then breathed. That was all Sky could say. I shouldn't have told him to come in... No I shouldn't of gone to that party. But then I wouldn't have kissed Alex. The butterfly effect, what a weird thing to think about.
The tension only grew between them, Sky felt it weighing heavily on his shoulders. It felt as if any second he could just fall to the ground. Sky swallowed thickly as he just stared at the boy. He felt really bad, but that just wasn't enough to stop. Sky felt his heart ache just slightly, and he closed his eyes, shaking his head to try and rid the ache. He then kept his head low and refused to look at Alex any longer.
Outlander x MeekoSeptember 3, 2024 11:14 PM

Outlander

Lightbringer

Give Award

The silence between them was suffocating. Alex could feel it pressing down on him, a heavy, unsettling stillness that made every second stretch on far too long. He wanted to say something, anything to break the tension, but the words seemed to stick in his throat. Instead, he found himself studying Skylar, trying to make sense of what was happening, to piece together the puzzle of what he was seeing. Skylar was leaning heavily against the doorframe as if it were the only thing keeping him upright. His usual confident posture was gone, replaced by a slight slouch that made him look smaller, more fragile. His eyes, normally bright and full of life, were dull and unfocused. He seemed to be struggling to even lift his head fully, his chin tucked slightly as he looked up at Alex from beneath his lashes. But wasn't just his posture or his gaze that set off alarms in Alex's mind. There was something else, something more physical.
`
Alex's eyes drifted down to Skylar's arm, and that's when he saw it. A bruise. A dark, angry mark on his skin. It wasn't the kind of bruise you got from an accident or roughhousing. This seemed deliberate. A storm of confusion and worry began to brew inside him, emotions swirling in a chaotic mix as he tried to make sense of what he was seeing. Sure, Skylar hadn't looked great when Alex had last seen him at the cafe, but he hadn't looked this bad. Now standing in front of him, Skylar looked... broken? What had happened between then and now? What could have caused this rapid descent from the person Alex had seen earlier, who had still been somewhat together, to this version of Skylar who seemed like he was barely holding on?
`
When Skylar finally spoke, Alex noticed how tired and breathy his voice was, how each word was a struggle to get out. Alex furrowed his brow, his confusion deepening. Sorry? For what? What was Skylar apologizing for? The answer didn't come to him. In truth, Alex had no way of knowing that Skylar was high - really high. Yes, he'd seen Skylar high before, but that had been different. That night at the party had been a blur of bad decisions and reckless fun, but Skylar hadn't looked like this. He hadn't seemed this... vacant. This detached. Alex had seen people drunk before - he had even gotten drunk a couple of times himself - but this was different. This wasn't just intoxication. It was something deeper, darker.
`
But Alex lacked the experience to connect the dots. Skylar had mentioned drugs before, talking about how they could be addictive, how he'd once struggled with them, but that had seemed like something in the past, a chapter in Skylar's life that he had closed. Alex hadn't thought much of it at the time, and hadn't realized just how close that struggle might still be. And now, standing here, looking at Skylar, he didn't know how to put the pieces together. He didn't know what he was dealing with.
`
"You don't look so good, Skylar," Alex said finally, his voice soft but filled with concern. He hadn't wanted to push, didn't want to overwhelm Skylar when he was clearly in such a vulnerable state, but he also couldn't just stand there and do nothing. "Are you sick? Should I call someone?" He asked, his mind racing as he tried to figure out how best to help. The worry in his chest tightened, becoming almost unbearable as he looked at Skylar's distant expression.

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1   ..    38    39    40    41    42 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us