11:20:20 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Amor
Nah your kneecaps will always be mine😌
Nux 👀
 distant-lands
11:20:00 katy | beetle
-Click-
it's coming along e.e

all the white parts will be rainbow eventually.
 Urux
11:16:22 Urox
Oh I actually have 4 spots, my viti sold lol. Had like 25+ vitals, but I had no room and he was some crazy gen like 64
 Existence
11:15:07 Exist / Kuskyn
-WP Click-
I mini of her father ;-;
 Dragons Blood
11:15:04 Yong-sun (he/him)
I have 5 den spaces I would have 6 but the male outside my folder is one I bred to two the pregnant females
 Urux
11:14:07 Urox
I have 3 den spaces, two girls at 90 and 91 it's like they're trying to beat each other. Watch they will labour at the same time and I will be screwed haha
 Dragons Blood
11:11:05 Yong-sun (he/him)
floor

I'm just gonna stay up and wait for two of them to go into labor
 Forest Dwelling
11:09:24 Floor
Yong-sun

You could try sending them to someone you trust/has space. I've seen other people do it before!
 Dragons Blood
11:07:36 Yong-sun (he/him)
dang it I have 2 wolves at 80 hours pregnant and one at 79 hours and I don't have enough den space
 ~♥Nux♥~
11:06:43 Chat's snack
Spoops 🫵
 Ámor
11:06:15 On haitus
@Bow
I know one
 Boeing
11:05:09 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Cont
Oh just you wait, eventually I'll think of another word that starts with kn to add to it xD
How are you lol
 Ámor
11:04:24 On haitus
:0 Emmet you forgot to take my knee caps they are mine now :>
 Continental Wolves
11:03:20 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
My title keeps on getting longer 😎
 Boeing
11:00:39 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Hello my kneighborhood kneecap stealer
 Continental Wolves
10:58:30 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Heya Boe
 Boeing
10:53:53 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Dark
No worries :)

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Komodo Dragon : +1
Jackal : -3
Black Bear : -4
    Fall   Night  Weather:  Clear  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2    3    4 

Edera|x|Tenebris UmbraOctober 25, 2021 11:41 AM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
Three pairs of eyes had watched the brothers vanish. It was only when their frames disappeared in the distance did they begin to stir. Atelia, who still rested humiliatingly upon the ground, finally hauled herself onto her fours. Gaze upon the ground, her body turned away from her group, ears twitching in distaste and frustration. She was upset, that much was clear in the way she carried herself. It had been minutes since she had last seen Jairo, Jade, and Kenze, and none of them even moved. Not a single twitch, as if they were statues.

It was Nakoa who spoke first, his brotherly duties seemingly kicking in. "I didn't take you for a fool." His tone was laced with disappointment and anger, eyes drilling holes into his sister. A surprise, seeing as Naeva was the one to typically radiate that emotion. "You put yourself, not to mention us, in danger. You-" As expected, Naeva had cut him off. "She's more than a fool," was all she snapped before beginning to walk, indicating that it was time to depart.

Sloppily, Atelia followed, Naeva in her front, Nakoa in her back, as if they expected her to sprint off. "You let strangers upon our territory. Do you realize how dangerous that is? How idiotic?" Nakoa continued, ridiculing her while they sauntered forth. And yet, as he spoke, Atelia's eyes scanned the land, hoping for a glimpse of the trio. "They were going to teach me useful skills.. Skills that none of you have," she croaked, raising her head slightly to peer at her brother and his mate. How did they not see? She had been graced with another willing to help her survive? She had missed a large, large opportunity that she would never have again.

That had caused Naeva to turn around, meeting Atelia's gaze with scrutiny. "What is that supposed to mean? You don't think we do enough, is that it? You're ungrate-" Atelia cut her off. "You do as much as you are able to, but no, it isn't enough. I apologize that I don't wish to starve another winter." A pause. "You saw the consequence of that." It was a low blow mentioning the pups that Nakoa and Naeva never had, she could see it in how they grew silent, but they needed to understand. If they kept surviving the way that they were, there would never be pups.

Atelia took the silence as an opportunity to continue. "They could have helped. You saw the older brother and how he had managed to keep his younger siblings alive. Certainly that tells you that he's capable of teaching us something." The three continued until they reached the peak of terrain Atelia had first been spotted upon. There, a tree stood leaning on the side, the roots used to make shallow dens for shelter. "He couldn't have taught you anything," Naeva began, "his only intention was to steal you away for himself."

"All I know is that we were in the midst of a hunt before you interrupted. I had managed to track in the rain, quickly as well. We had an entire plan to take down a calf, but your imprudent decision and pride had to get in the way. Now, we go hungry for another night." Atelia responded, to which Naeva sneered. "Strangers are not permitted to hunt upon our own territory. What would that tell our competitors? That we're weak, that's what." Turning to Nakoa, Naeva's eyes grew cold. "Make sure she doesn't do anything witless again. Don't let her out of your sight." Without a further word, the onyx female turned and strode off, most likely embarking on a miniature patrol to remark the territory before night completely struck.

Bitterly, Atelia frowned, casting a glance at her brother before stalking off to the small groove in the tree and curling herself within it. Obediently, Nakoa positioned himself outside of the den, eyes fixated upon the distance and occasionally glanced to where Atelia lay.

Why wouldn't they hear her out?

Edera|x|Tenebris UmbraOctober 26, 2021 07:53 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

“You idiots bring back any real food?” The eldest crowed, tail thumping casually against the liquid slicked ground.It hadn’t been all that long since the whole fiasco,and nothing really changed. Well except for their insatiable bellies. --And his crooked leg. But eh, he was over it, basking in the rolling sun and somewhat cheerily swatting at the vibrating insects from his ears. They had set up camp elsewhere, someplace new and fresh. Somewhere as far from that little pack as possible. Despite the travel, it’d all entail a useless outcome. --For the time being. Once he’s..healed, the pursuing wouldn’t necessarily stop. Ideas were formulated, playful, enjoyable schemes that’d hopefully unfold smooth. “Here.” Jade sniffed, upturned snout perched just beneath intent eyes, brown furred pelt a mere case about exhausted muscle. Before him, dropped a vole, plump but small; bloodied punctures emitting pheromones befitting to a predator. Yes, it smelled delicious, but to a wolf who can eat like they have two stomachs, it seemed like nothing but scraps.

Jairo chuffed, angry amusement tweaking delicate along his blinking vision “You two really are useless huh?” He spoke between glistening chops, teeth quenched only with the pathetic crimson which had floated routinely throughout the tawny carcass. The male rose, a grunt similar to that of the twittering cacophony above resounding from clenched jaws. “You’re useless for getting your leg all banged up in the first place!” At that comment, Jade would flatten his frame to the ground, realization manicuring his pelt; entwined with tingling embarrassment. “..Nevermind.”

“No, speak your mind. Tell me what's up.” He almost mewed, curling a paw absently about a mound of dirt, singular tooth jutting peculiar from taut lips. Only a few heartbeats and the yearling began a slow, tentative drawl, skull steadily creeping amongst truncated branches and tail flapping polite against his thighs. “Well..maybe if you had let us wait longer for Mom and Father, we wouldn’t have to struggle like this to begin with.” Kenze perked, stiffening even, beginning an odd crawl across the coniferous confines and towards the quiet duo. “They’re gone.. You need to get over it.” The calming gust, dawn colored leaves transportation, attempted to pacify the boiling tension, billowing their chests and twitching their ears in a soft caress. “Nah, he could be right.” Jairo spoke, directing his vision onto the snippish male before squaring back to Jade. “For all we know they could be desperately searching for us at this very moment.” Later on, he’d add. “.....Get revenge on us for leaving their defenseless litter to a quick decline...”

“No!”

Jade rocked to his paws, coat beginning a startled ripple. “Aw, relaax. I’m just joking. They’re probably just dead. I wouldn’t have given you both the option of departure if I were guessing. It was either them, or us, and I chose me. You two were just extra luggage.” As wrong as it was to toy with emotions on such a topic, he just..couldn’t help himself. --Anything to steer their hearts from the moment. “Anyways, If you need me, I’ll be right under that tree taking a well deserved nap.” Jairo yawned, trotting towards what had been designated with limber steps, leg a longer and comfortable dangle than days before. “But-!” The emotional yearling started, trailing briefly behind his brothers wagging hackles. And yet he was ignored, the eldest settling himself in a content snooze and Kenze skirting off on the opposite side, tottering listless about a dainty stream. Once again, the male had been left alone, various thoughts rumbling queasy in his mind. But when eyes began to flit open, meeting the face of a titian afternoon, peach undertones stroking the lulled sky despite the obscuring puffs of cloud, three unsettling dispositions transferred into energized beats of the heart.

The brothers had shifted, if anything circling back to their own grounds, a gradual close, and in the midst, Jairo would often send his two chumps to chase after the wandering squirrels, or to trek ahead and try and find a wisp of decomposing prey. By another morning they had all begun to smell as if marinated in a moose corpse, cautious of surrounding territory and defensive dispersal males hunting roaming herds of elk. There had been a time where Kenze had scented the distinguished odor of milk and heard the honeyed weeps of a residential pack, the kind wind fluffing their pelage in the most fortunate way. For if their scent had been blown unto the nose of strangers, it could’ve been their last season with light in their eyes. Quickly, they had meandered about a crystalline lake, crunching upon a bed of pebble and sand; bunching irritably into the grooves of their claws. “Damn that was close.” Jairo had whistled, a nervous chuckle nothing but a thunderous crack from his throat. “You should teach us how to fight some more!” Kenze would huff, rolling his shoulders back as if preserving some type of dignity. Surely he wouldn’t even have any left, not with how they’ve been scampering around like pathetic fools. “I can’t.” The eldest lapped at his nose with a gentle stroke. “But maybe Atelia can.” --Immediately came a burst of disbelief, petite jaws snapping curt at his ear, a merciless pierce halting its flickering motion. “You are unbelievable. You’re still hung up on that female?”

“Yea, even I’m over her.” Jade would add, paws lifting in a noble prance as if to prove a point. “I’ll take your thoughts into account once you both have mates of your own.” At that, Kenze yipped. “No thanks, I’ll have a different lifestyle from all that junk.”

“Oh please, you’re just saying that so you’ll be less embarrassed when you find out no one likes you.” The yearlings turned to each other, fur bristling in competitive agitation. “You’ve been chasing after every single female in sight and none of your pathetic feelings have been reciprocated.” Jairo sighed, pausing his steps and beginning an observation upon the ridiculous spectacle, occasionally narrowing on spawning beavers whose thick, flat tails slapped tauntingly against the wet surface near every time they dove beneath. “You really think I was serious about that? So all those smarts must’ve just been a limited act, huh?” In an instant, the smaller leapt, clashing his fangs at Jades throat, their bodies thumping roughly against the lake washed soil. Jade would unbind his legs, propelling Kenze’s frame from his own in just one push. Quickly, the both of them scrambled to their paws, gunning for each other's flesh with a spilled bucket of snarls. Normally, the male would just let them brawl it out, allowing it to be not only a lesson, but a sort of entertainment for his lingering gaze. Though this time, Jairo limped his way in, clamping his maw tough upon Kenzes nape, increasing the pressure until the younger had eventually ceased his barks, belly brushing the ground and tassel folding calm between his hind quarters.

“This is getting boring. Just drop it and let's keep moving, you guys are letting the hunger get to your heads like a pair of imbeciles.” The male had grumbled, tail flicking indignant alike to his vexed gait. Silently, obediently, the two had followed, mouths drawn open in fatigues pants, expelling their own exhaust whilst eager dust plumed faint about their ankles and rattled frantically inside their clipping claws.

This was going to be a long fucking day.

Edera|x|Tenebris UmbraOctober 26, 2021 11:10 PM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
"Well?"

The ivory female sauntered up the raised ground, the frame of her brother following closely behind. The dame's whitened maw had been stained red, a single hare dangling from between her incisors. Atelia had arisen early, as instructed per Naeva, to embark on an outing and return with a meal. Her brother was forced to follow, for she had not yet been allowed to go anywhere without a set of eyes upon her.

The hare was released, thudding at the feet of Naeva who had returned with her own measly jackrabbit. Nakoa, in comparison, had returned empty-handed. It was a difficult morning for tracking, the rain from before having faded many scents away. "There was a vole as well," the younger female began, "but I ate it." Pettiness could be hinted in her words, a tone that had been ongoing since she had watched the three brothers be sent away.

"I should assure you to keep the entirety of the pack in mind before you greedily eat anything." Naeva quipped, dragging the hare to rest alongside of her own small game. "I consider it a small token of payback, seeing as you disrupted my potentially successful hunt." The tension was constant among the small group, mainly between the white canine and the onyx one. Nakoa simply stood on the sidelines, not one to insert himself between two headstrong females. Even he knew better.

Taking the larger hare for herself, loud snaps could be heard as bone was splintered between Naeva's molars. Her frame had lowered into a sitting position, her large paws holding her meal in place as she gnawed upon the carcass. "Well, help yourself," she spoke, words muffled by bits of meat being chewed. It was clear who she was addressing, and it wasn't Atelia.

The male simply gazed at the jackrabbit before clearing his throat. "I'll eat afterwards." Nakoa was one to offer others the chance to eat before himself, so humbly, he stepped back, to which Naeva snorted, her upper lip curling in disdain. "It wasn't an option. Eat." Pink tongue lapping at her paws to collect the red liquid seeping from the hare, the darker female rose onto her paws. "Since Atelia cannot refrain from eating with the rest of us, she can have the leftovers." Paw swiping at her meat-ridden meal, Naeva's eyes fixated upon the younger member, who stared with defeat. "What, not enough for you, as you bluntly stated earlier?"

Atelia simply mosied up to the carcass, dragging it towards herself. "I apologize for that," she mumbled, teeth beginning to work their way on what was left of the meal. The dominant female simply watched before breaking eye contact. She'd be forgiven eventually.

As brother and sister worked on their food, Naeve had stood, announced that she wished to quench her thirst, and trotted off, leaving the two behind. Within minutes of her departure, Nakoa raised his head, motioning to Atelia's meal. "Let's switch." His, that had hardly but three bites taken out of it, was nudged her way. "No, it's alright, I had a vole already." Glancing around in fear of his own mate's return, her brother's voice lowered. "So did I." A small grin seeped across his features, to which Atelia's own face mimicked.

Hungrily, it took all of Atelia's willpower not to dive towards the meal, and instead, gracefully took a few bites, purposefully leaving a few behind for her brother to finish. If Nakoa noticed, he didn't say anything. "You know, she has a reason to be upset," he spoke, breaking the silence between them as he licked his muzzle. "I don't see why. I was trying to help is all." The loud female replied back, tail thrusting side to side to express her disapproval. "I know, but you did risk a lot by going off with strangers. Have you not learned anything from the past?" At that, Atelia nodded a singular time. She understood where they were coming from, though the gesture wasn't returned. "I know Naeva can be a lot, but she has a right to be angry with you. I know I was. Even you must see that your antics were mindless." A pause. "Give her time," was all he further spoke before hauling himself up with a grunt, leaving Atelia rather quiet for once, until a paw was smacked against her head.

Grumbling, the female turned to her brother, who had already broke off towards the returning figure of Naeva. A moment of affection was seen, their muzzles running against each before the darker female shrugged him away. "Come on, we're going on a patrol." The two waited for Atelia, who, for a moment, felt as if the tension had lifted. Though her hope deflated when Naeva shot her another look before leading them.

This was the longest day ever.

Edera|x|Tenebris UmbraNovember 8, 2021 05:52 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

Tasting airborne scents and gradually making way back towards familiar meadows and plains, their muscles had begun to sag with fatigue, and yet they kept moving out of spite; buzzing insects bobbing mockingly at their perked ears. “I would’ve totally destroyed you If Jairo hadn’t stopped us.” Jade had muttered whilst hopping over an obvious crevice in the fertile ground. Jairo snorted, quickening his gait at the notice of neighboring bison. Momentarily, he had surveyed the heavy herd, hopeful eyes venturing on a search for a weak target, but then again, even if he had managed to find one they’d surely meet their deaths closer than a victory. All the more reason to hunt for his little lamb. “Alright guys, listen up.” The male would turn, interrupting a brewing argument between the two younger whilst a quizzical stare flickered calmly from one to the other.

“I’ve been mulling it over and it’s pretty vital we get some food about now. So we’ll drop by the Red field and dig up some burrows. I haven't taught you guys yet have I?” In excited unison they shook their heads, stomachs pitching in with hunger fueled growls. “Okay then. We’ll just make a quick stop before heading there, I need to pick something up.”

“Can’t we just head there now? Look at me!” The yearling's slick nose would whip towards his sides, the fetching fat from earlier seasons overthrown by protruding ribs and a gaunt pelt. “I'm going to dieee!” Kenze began a drawled whine, tossing the small mane of his nape in a dramatic lurch forward. The male only scoffed, continuing his trudge whilst the spiny coats of his brothers flopped carelessly against his own. “Don’t act like you traitors haven’t snuck a snack while hunting mere morsels for your disabled brother. Yeah, I smelt the guilt and shame on your lips!” And just as his tail had begun to spike with irritated realization, a series of yips and whoops slithered into his swiveling ears, attracting a cautious gaze of a weak, starved animal. --He and his brothers of course.

“Aw shit.” Upon the comment came a tumbling of paws and depraved snarls. Some ugly looking heathens they were,- skinny wolves gobbled up by mange, their vulnerable flesh exposed by their cracked pelts. But despite it all, their jaws still worked the same, their large incisors still capable, and a wolf more desperate than himself is a pretty dangerous wolf. Im sorry,--wolves

Admittedly, they stood there for a moment like a group of numbskulls, but one heartbeat later and Jairo began a casual sprint, hoping to discourage the dwindling pack with a simple dash. --You know, give them nothing to worry about. He wasn’t interested in their territory, he had no food..so what in the hell made those bastards run him dry? It made it even worse that they had the disease, whenever they’d get a bit too close he’d swiftly curve to the side as to avoid any type of gross contact.

“Gah!”

Jade flinched away from one of their snapping jaws, tail tucked beneath his belly and head shifting violently back and forth in an accelerated dart. There came a blurt of yelps, frightened snarls, and furious growls and then it became evident of Kenze’s loss of presence at his flank. The yearling had gathered the entirety of the squads attention, teeth pulling at his leg and snatching at his hackles, all the while his paws hadn’t faltered in movement, legs pumping in a distressed run and ears pinned indefinitely against his crown. Only when the pack was satisfied had they allowed Kenze to flee, their pink, salivating tongues flicking out the tufts of fur from their mouths with indifference, the brothers blood coating the yellowed teeth of their powerful maws. The small male made way towards his siblings, meeting concerned and wary looks equipped with bothered twitches of the tassel. And as the victorious pack began an agitating belch of gloating howls and barks, Jairo herded his brothers closer towards the woods, ignoring the way the tall grass fanned ticklish against his forelegs.

“Ew, don’t touch me.” One of them sniffed, but of course it was Jade. The male had steered himself away from Kenze’s partially torn pelage, to which the opposing yearling had responded with a bitter frown, glancing back at his hackles with a disgusted shudder. “Jairo…” The eldest would turn, face blanked; a canvas ready to be painted. “..Do I have mange? Are you guys going to leave me behind now..?”

“Sigh...well. It's inevitable now. We don’t all want the disease now do we?” At that they both gasped, the younger males exchanging a saddened look before Kenze whipped his stare back, a pleading glisten marking his softened vision. “I thought you’d be a little less eager to abandon your own brother to the clutches of death.” Steadily, his voice had risen from a gentle melancholy to an angry yap, inciting a low stifle of amusement to part from Jairos lips. And at the notice, the male squared his shoulders, puffing up with a defiant growl. “No. I’m not leaving. If anything, I’m taking you with me!” And just like that, the brute leapt forward, a fierce battle cry breaking into the air as he began a speedy chase after his absconding siblings. Jade shrieked as his brother gained ground on him, and only when Kenze was right at his ankles did Jairo step forward with combusting laughter. “Alright, alright. Kenze stop. We’re not going to leave you. Stop trying to infect your brother.” His voice would crack from the chuckling pitch. “In fact. I think it's perfect. Hey, it's not guaranteed that you’re going to die. It's rather unlikely. Actually, what we can do with this is something much more fun than dying. Now follow me ya little idiot.”

“R-really?” No response, but that didn’t dampen the young males mood. Happily, Kenze skipped in tow, leaving Jade to his own little shock and trauma. “You were trying to kill me!” He gaped, initiating a rough bowl over only to halt himself at the last second. Right.. “Haha, relax. Jairo said it's not even fatal, you big baby.”

“Uh- you’re one to talk.”

Smoothly, the raggedy trio had settled themselves in a well paced trot, the eldest in the lead, nose trembling with obvious intent. He inhaled the floating fragrances, for a few heartbeats, he had stopped. And then, swiftly turning to the two knuckleheads, Jairo spoke. “Stay here. I’ll be back in a moment or two.” After he had seen them crouch in the shrubbery with his own eyes did the male depart, legs swinging briskly despite his scarred limp. Casually, he would take a couple of breaks,--potty breaks. Scent marking a tree or two, a rock, the simple grass, you name it, he peed on it. He smelled her. She wasn’t alone. Damn those overbearing friends of hers. Yet all is well. For he made her passage clear. This way sweetheart. He seated himself under the cover of breeze bathed vegetation. He wasn’t up for it--walking into the lion's den. No, the den can come to him..Or the lions. Whichever makes more sense. Anyway..it all depended on Atelia. He hoped that she’d manage to break away, inconspicuously that is, and then they meet here. But of course there's always the chance that she’d turn on him and alert her pack of his presence. He’d just have to wait and see...pray that the guilt would sway her mind..And if all else fails, well, he’ll have his secret weapon. But that's an outcome he’d prefer not to think about.
Edera|x|Tenebris UmbraNovember 8, 2021 06:40 PM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
The trio trotted along, their figures bobbing repeatedly as they climbed and descended upon the hilly terrain. They were lead by the onyx female, who halted and resumed continuously, marking her scent upon whatever she deemed fit; rocks, trees, shrubs, and even a few minuscule pebbles. It was a casual, simple stroll that was only meant to last a half hour..

It was currently two hours since they had departed.

"Can we return already?" Atelia whined, throwing a miniature tantrum. "We've been at this for one and a half hours! I'm tired!" Yipping and barking, the white dame dragged her paws against the ground, following after Naeva and her brother. She was a patient creature, but even she drew the line at some point. "Quit your hollering before I give you a reason to truly complain!" Hissed the onyx female, her nose buried against the ground and sniffing a mile a minute.

They were following a trail of coyotes. Three from what they could tell so far. "I don't want no mongrels deciding to raise pups upon our territory." Atelia only sighed, forced to follow after the two. "I think they went in this direction," interrupted Nakoa, who had begun to walk in an easterly direction. "No, I'm almost certain it's this way," replied Naeva, who was walking in the opposite direction; west. It seemed as if the trail had been lost, or simply twisted. "I actually think it's north," quipped Atelia, adding in a joke, only to be offered two pairs of angered glares. "Tsk, nobody appreciates humour these days," she mumbled, only to be growled at.

See? Her point exactly.

"Why don't you silence for once and actually help?" Her brother glowered, growing frustrated with the small outing. "So much talk, yet not one ounce of intelligence you speak," Naeva added on, the two now ganging up on poor little Atelia. "Just because you two can't find a trail doesn't mean you should take it out on me," she responded in a huff, lowering her own nose to the ground and inhaling sharply.

Taking a moment, Atelia remembered how she managed to pick up a trail in the rain. Surely she could do the same now. So, without further ado, the female began to inspect the area, sniffing and walking, sniffing and walking, until at last, she caught something. Nose snorting, Atelia began to walk in a zigzag pattern, trying to identify which way the scent was the strongest, until at last, she snapped her head up, a scent trail so clearly found. "Well, what do you know, it was north!" Turning to her two packmates, she hid a smug grin that wished so desperately to break free. "She is useful for something after all!" Joking, Nakoa chuckled and faced Naeva, who held a stern look that caused even his smile to fade. "I thought it was funny," Atelia added on quietly.

"Enough of the giggles and tomfoolery, we have serious business to attend to," Naeva spoke, beginning to walk and expecting the two to follow. Atelia simply turned to her brother, pulling a serious of gruesome faces to mock Naeva, only to practically trip when the onyx female spun around. "You two, at the front," she ordered, casting them demonic looks as they passed her to take the lead. "Absolute children."

A smile rested upon Atelia's features, which had eventually grown into a nervous one. She had managed to pick up the coyote scent, but that wasn't all. She had not only caught their smell, but another as well, hidden in the breeze.

Jairo.

His figure lurked somewhere near, she had caught a faint fragrance of it while Naeva and her brother were busy with their noses against the ground. It caused Atelia to stress, yet also, a hint of excitement could be noted. Could this be a second chance for her? Another attempt to learn? To figure out how to thrive? Did he mean to find her, or was this simply a fluke? Regardless, she wanted, no, needed to find out. She had gotten in trouble, yes, but she learned from it.

Learned not to get caught again.

So, she continued moving for several minutes, helping the other two locate the coyote scent while her eyes remained plastered on the ground, waiting. She needed to escape Nakoa and Naeva, but how? They wouldn't simply let her leave. No, she needed a ruse, and so she would make one. She would search and search until..

Ah, perfect! A single root of a great pine protruded from the ground, twisting around the forest floor. It was easy for one to trip over it and was so simple to fall, and it was growing closer, and closer, and closer, and-

A gasp was released, her white figure being thrown down to the earth, a loud shriek escaping her throat. Atelia lay there, caressing her front paw as a series of yelps escaped her maw. Her pelt was brown from the tumble, her face plastered with dirt. "Oh, it hurts!" She howled, bawling and squawking like a child leaving a store without a toy. "It's broken, it's broken!" She screeched, attempting to stand before toppling over once more.

"No, don't touch it!" She snapped at her brother, who, with a worried gaze, began to inspect her paw. Naeva herself looked down at her with terror. "Broken? It doesn't look broken.." She stated, examining the paw held tightly against Atelia's chest. "It doesn't look disfigured. Try standing again." The white female released a shuddered sigh. "I'm afraid, Naeva. It hurts too much, but I will, for your sake and Nakoa's."

Nodding, Atelia took a loud inhale of courage and slowly picked herself up, keeping her weight off of her "broken" paw. "Now, try standing on it, child," Naeva encouraged with kindness, offering her body to lean against. It was as if another individual took over her, the way she suddenly cared. "It hurts. I.. I can walk on it, but it hurts," Atelia whined, limping around like a chicken without a head.

She should pursue a career in acting.

"Oh, thank goodness. It's just a sprain, isn't that right, Naeva? How on earth did you manage to fall?" Her brother chimed in, to which Naeva nodded hesitantly. "It was that blasted root.. Oh, I don't think I can keep going.." Atelia suddenly said, hissing when she attempted to put pressure upon her paw. "Do you think..? No, it's alright," she continued, releasing a saddened sigh. "What is it?" Naeva asked, wanting to know. "Well, I was wondering.. Oh, but it's so awful of me." Glancing at the two wolves facing her and their worried looks, Atelia knew that she had them where she wanted them.

"I don't want to slow you two down, so I was wondering if I could return to the den and..just rest a bit. I know, I know, it's far fetched. I'll just somehow.. follow you two and-" Placing pressure upon her paw once more, Atelia yelped and stumbled forward. "I'll fight through the pain. I'll be alright," she nodded, adding in a sniffle to truly sell it.

"No, no, I think that it's alright.." Nakoa began to speak, turning to Naeva who nodded. "Yes, perhaps it would be best for you to rest.." The two leaders exchanged looks before glancing back to Atelia. "Do you need one of us to walk you back to-"

"Oh, no!" She interjected, perhaps too eagerly. "What I mean is," she cleared her throat, "that I can do it. I don't wish to slow you two down. I'll be alright, and I'll howl if I need any help, though with the fresh marking of the territory, I'm sure I'll be alright." Offering them a weak smile, they both offered her some affection. A simple tug of the ear or a lick upon the nose, a rare sight to behold coming from the three who often butted heads. Even Naeva had caved in, her cold self turning into an almost motherly one with how she coaxed Atelia.

"Be careful." Her brother had warned her as they turned away. "Howl if anything, and I mean anything is seen. We'll be back soon, I promise." Naeva had added on, their figures already vanishing. Atelia simply stood for a few moments before turning around and limping for several meters. Even when her brother and his mate were long gone, Atelia still limped until she was absolutely sure that the couldn't see her.

Then, she placed her injured paw down and broke out into an effortless run until her figure halted before the resting stance of Jairo himself.

"Miss me?" She asked with a breathless pant.

Edited at November 8, 2021 06:43 PM by Tenebris Umbra
Edera|x|Tenebris UmbraNovember 11, 2021 05:16 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

“Aw, gross.” the male twitched, dark swathed pelt rippling with agitation. Amongst his brief grooming, a flighty flea had leapt from his gapped fangs, eliciting a moment of disappointment to sharpen his fuzzy frame. Pff, he couldn’t greet Atelia like this. Now that he had a good look at himself, he seemed anything but handsome, paws a dusty cream, tail ripped by thorns, sides mucked with dirt. He couldn’t do anything about his ribs..just yet. But surely he could at least get a good bath in before meeting her. Jairo lifted, gliding towards the slippery grasses just to the west of him, only about four yards away and he faced a pond, the Yuki pond, riddled with old logs and small stumps at its bank.Other than those it seemed a large clearing, sparkling adjacent to the suns altruistic beams. With ease he sunk in, encased in the cool liquid up to his chest. Almost comically, the brute leapt about, legs sagged with water and tiring his muscle quickly, but still, Jairo churned his paws, drawing a slow, twisting circle amongst the large pool before crawling back up to shore. With each step came a soft crunch, seconds later the rapid shake of his coat and then after that, lips slathered in moisture would break open, his breaths spilling out in rhythmic pants. The pond had soothed his itches and furled his coat, puffed up by the winding gale that came in a violent burst against his face; prompting a shut of eyes.

He bounded forth, pawing through the high shrubs and scraping by the skinny tendrils of a puny tree. For extra measure, Jairo resumed his marking, wet nostrils nudging at tiny hills of soil until the black bodies of ants flocked at the top, guzzling their territory with sheer numbers. It wasn’t until the thumping of paws that the male would flinch his head forward, gaze scissoring through the occupied terrain with trickling animosity. But he recognized that smell, that odor. It was none other than his..work in progress, Atelia. Coolly, he stepped forward, lowering amongst the leaves only momentarily, and when she advanced upon him, pretty and breathless, steadily, Jairo rose. Miss you? He chuckled softly, a spurt of air bouncing from his nose. “That's my line.” So close they were, purposefully the male had cocked his head towards hers, snouts nothing but a bump away from each other. And just before he reeled himself away, he spoke, jowls fixated in a rather vacuous smile. “You look better from afar, huh.” Shaking his head in a tottering bob, he began a quick jog through the plant growth, expectant of her follow. What a useless lie.

As they progressed across the hillside, stamping down on feathery petals and rushing through weaving weeds, the brown physiques of his brothers slid into waiting view, no longer amid the flourishing undergrowth but galloping about the open. He suspected this. Jade must’ve done something to offend his sibling and now they were locked in a chase. But when a frightened squeak rumbled into the air, he knew that it belonged to Kenze. Forwadly, Jairo mosied on, snout tossed briefly in a call from behind his shoulder. “This must be the welcome they prepared for you. Acting like a couple of fools. It is what they do best.”

After he had finished mocking them from behind their backs, the eldest quickened his gait, looming upon Jade's frame until the males own pelt had been snatched within his teeth. “Ow!” He barked, whipping around with bared fangs. And yet the only thing that leapt at him was a face full of excited licks, to which Jairo inched back with mild disgust. “You smell so bad.” Curiously, the yearling's head fell in a tilt, racking his brain for an answering reply until finally, he had come to a conclusion, tail flicking up with satisfaction. “Oh yea, we found a carcass.”

“--A carcass?” He stepped forward with interest, eyes lowering questioningly, hopefully. “Mhm, a fox. It...it was a bit old but still, we couldn’t help ourselves.” Immediately losing whatever curiosity and appetite that was gathered, Jairo shifted his vision, shoulders squared with annoyance. “And why does your brother have a limp? You were chasing him just now..”

“Ah, he has a thorn in his paw, I was just trying to pull it out.” Bluntly, the yearling would rock his head to the side, face falling and blanked with an incurious glare. Easily, his stare had snapped onto the dames, and in an attempt to keep his fur from spiking up in excitement, he seated himself with a disposition of nonchalance. “So she’s the thing you needed to pick up..whatever. I’ll allow it I guess.” --”You’ll allow it?” Jairo sighed, beckoning Kenze over with none but a bark. “Just tell me the whole damn story. How in hell did you guys get up to so much within such a small moment?” In near unison, the spiel began, meanwhile the eldest’s ears would tremble with sheathed embarrassment, aware of the maidens presence. It was the very first time he’d wished one was dumb enough to be led astray by a distracting fly. “We were doing as you told us, but then we caught scent of the corpse and followed it.” That was where their concert ended. “I tried to share it but then Kenze got greedy and tried to take it all for himself.” The other scoffed. “That's not even what happened. You’re fatass took it and ran so I grabbed the leg before you could swallow it whole!” -- “Pfft, I was just trying to be civil and split it evenly, but you got us into some stupid tug-of war over bones with a side of meat. Then you had the audacity to tumble onto a thorn and blame it on me!”

“I didn’t even have a chance. I couldn’t see, I couldn’t hear, --all because of your constant rattling. And then your huge hips slammed into me and I fell. How is that not your fault?” Kenze turned to his older brother. “You saw just now, that mongrel started harassing me trying to get the thorn out even though I told him multiple times-!” Briskly, Jairo clawed the pointed bark from the yearling's pads, receiving a yelp but ignoring the irritated stare which had embedded into his own. “That hurt.” The male had grumbled, tentatively tapping his paw onto the hardened soil. The eldest only snorted, a stifled growl crackling from his tired throat. But he offered no response, instead, he twisted, withholding any retort from escaping his tongue. “Let's go.” Passing by Atelia’s frame with indifference and a jerking tassel, anyone could tell of his discomfort, hunger starching his insides and breath shaking in a quiet intake. Disgruntled, the yearlings pooled at his sides, Kenze snapping at the female's side as he passed. “What's a loser like you doing here?” Jairo didn’t bother fixing the youngers behavior. That was something she’d have to do herself.

“Ya want those lessons, yea?” The male called back to her. “We’ll be visiting the Red field to hunt some rabbits..our way.”

“The most efficient way.” Jade chimed in with a yip. “So Jade, you’ve been running around with Kenze huh?” At the yearlings approving answer, Jairo would continue. “Well, you might as well quarantine too. Can’t have you giving our guest mange.” --”But I didn’t even touch him!”

“Don’t care.” The brute interjected, slowing his pace until he knocked against Atelia’s side. “I don’t think I’d want you anymore if you caught it.” He teased into her ear, though his vision held a much darker quality than before something almost minatory. “But maybe it would even out the field.. Eh, I’ll sleep on it.” They trekked through vibrant grasses, tall stems brushing their legs with blooming blossoms settled pristine on top, it became obvious of their nearing destination. And by then the eager yealing had flocked to his side, matching his gait with flickering vision. Jade instigated a conversation, head conspicuously nodding towards the tag-along maiden and then fixing back onto his elder brother. Curiously, Kenze would attempt to peer in, especially when the two halted in their steps all together and their bickering grew to louder volumes. “Hush!” Upon Kenze’s nearing figure, they both quieted, Jairo clearing his throat and pushing forward with hot skin. “Whats going on?” The smaller queried, to which Jade steadily replied. “You’ll see.”

Slowly, begrudgingly, the eldest would trot forward, diving into the spiny brambles, letting his departure settle for none but a couple of heartbeats before he had returned, a pretty fireweed clasped between his incisors. Sedately, he approached Atelia, head low and paws that seemed to be dragging. He’d pass a sharp look towards his young sibling before continuing with an enervated gaze “.....W-where have you come from? The heavens, or my ...dreams?” Shakily, he tossed the flower into the air, stiffly matching her gaze as it drifted down in a slow, pathetic drawl. “Wheee..?” He muttered through clenched jaws. Jade scoffed and pounced forward. “Ugh, it's not supposed to be “whee” it's “woow even this can’t compare”--” Jairo’s muscles tightened, pelt spiking with mortification and anger. Quickly, he swiped the males foreleg from beneath him, ear flicking at the thump of a sound and dramatic groans coming in waves from the yearling's tousled form. “Pwahaha!” Kenze screamed. “What the hell was that!?” Crossly, Jairo snatched up the nearest branch, flinging it towards his diseased sibling with frightening accuracy. Only when the both of them lay marinating in the clinging soil and twigs did the male turn back towards Atelia, uttering nothing but four words before slinking down the grainy hill side.

“Forget you saw that.”

Edited at November 11, 2021 05:20 PM by Edera
Edera|x|Tenebris UmbraNovember 12, 2021 08:05 PM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
Her tan frame faced his own darker one, a series of tsk tsks rolling off of her tongue. Advancing, she stepped gingerly across the grassy floor, her eyes resting upon Jairo as she circled him a singular time before ultimately pausing before his figure. "Did you get all pretty for me?" A simple tease escaped her throat, delivered in monotone. His fur looked damp, his scent faded slightly. That only happened when one took a swim.

Her maw was parted slightly, cracked open in a light grin, until his next sentence had caused it to snap shut with a disturbing click. "Charming," she replied, the word laced with pure and utter sarcasm. "You have me absolutely swooning." Reluctantly, she followed him, ears twitching and tail swaying as she broke out into a leisurely trot. "You've become annoying once more, so I take it you're feeling better?" Nose motioning to what was his injured leg, she averted her gaze from him and returned it back to the land surrounding.

Was this a wise choice to follow him? No, indeed it was not, but Atelia had made up her mind. She wished to learn, and he was the only one that would be able to teach her. There would be no other opportunity, not like this one. She simply couldn't pass it up, even if Naeva and Nakoa would be cross with her. Oh, if they found out, she'd never see freedom again. No, she'd be locked and confined within the den, never to see the light of day again. Perhaps they'd be kind enough to release her once a year so that she didn't wither away, and.. and..

"What are they doing?"

Muzzle scrunched and wrinkled with confusion, her eyes narrowed as the figures of the two younger brothers came into focus. They were scampering around like fools, one chasing the other. Her steps had slowed with hesitation until she stood still, staring at them with utter uncertainty. Blinking, Atelia took a few timid steps before resuming her earlier stride, pausing only when she was nearly run over by the two. A pungent smell soon filled her nostrils, taking over her entire senses with disgust. The female couldn't help but take another step back, releasing a single gag. "That's revolting," she muttered, her sentence cut short by another jolt of her body and a gruesome hack.

The air smelled like rotting corpse, though it soon made sense why. Jade, as he soon made it clear, had eaten a rotting fox corpse. There were rare times had Atelia forced herself to consume something similar, especially during the winter when food was scarce. She understood the desperation, though it didn't lessen the overwhelming smell.

Lowering herself to her haunches, she watched as the brothers conversed, only jumping in when Jade spoke. "I'm not a thing," was her only comment, correcting his disrespect. "Like you, I have a name." Releasing a singular puff of breath, her ears twirled towards Jairo, curious to see how they had gotten themselves into this miniature mess. The moment they spoke, her eyes had begun to dart. First, they were upon Jade as he spoke, then Kenze, then Jade, then Kenze, and oh! She was growing dizzy from the constant movements!

Now she knew how Nakoa felt when she broke out into argument with Naeva.

The poor soul.

Ears perking, she stood as the eldest passed her, obvious discomfort seen in his movements. They were preparing to leave. Slowly, she rose, taking but a few steps until her eyes had snapped onto Kenze and his.. comment towards her. Glancing to Jairo, she noted that he wouldn't be any help. Very well, she'd take it upon herself to correct him, just like Naeva used to do to her. Teeth clicking together in response to Kenze's little action, her shoulder knocked against his, enough for him to stumble lightly to the side. "Last time I checked, I'm not the one who stepped on a thorn and ran around whimpering." Flashing him an emotionless look, she lowered her voice and leaned towards him so that her breath was warm against his cheek. "The pain felt from that spike will be nothing compared to what I'll do to you if you call me that again," she hissed into his face before pulling back.

Staring at him for several moments, she suddenly cracked into a wide smile. "Oh, I'm simply teasing you! No need to be so tense." Smile widening, her eyes seemed to flash something else. Like a sibling telling the other not to tattle to their mother. Was she attempting to be intimidating? Perhaps, though it was also entertaining to act in such a way. No wonder Naeva was so mean, it was fun!

Lips twitching at the mention of rabbits, she offered Kenze a friendlier look this time before trotting forwards to meet Jairo's side. Finally, a lesson! This would be perfect to learn and bring back to her own little group! Once she learned, she'd see just how they'd react to her bringing in rabbits by the loads. They'd be grateful, that's what.

"The red field?" She repeated, name unknown to her before repeating his next words. "Mange?" Was there so little she truly knew about? What even was it? A.. a disease? A cold of sorts? How did one get it? Area above her eyes furrowing, she pondered to herself for a moment, not being able to recall ever hearing of it. Snapping away from her thoughts, she was met with Jairo by her side, teasing in her ear. Releasing a snort, she shrugged him away. "The field wasn't even my fault. You knew what you were getting into the moment you crossed the territory line." Rebutting, she weaved through the grass, the blades tickling her legs as she slithered about.

Her frame dragged behind the others, eyes fixated upon Jade and Jairo conversing with one another, catching glimpses of them peering at her. "What do you reckon they're up to?" She spoke, turning to Kenze before he, too, rushed up to them. Left alone, Atelia had no choice but to watch as they plotted before her very eyes. For all she knew, they were figuring out how to kill her and dispose of her body. Simply for that intrusive thought, she slowed her walk until she remained a few meters behind.

Mumbling and whispering could be picked up, and when a sudden "Hush!" was sounded, her hackles raised from surprise. No matter, she would continue following, eyes now lingering as the eldest dove towards the thick foliage. It was only when he emerged with a pink fireweed did she come to an abrupt halt.

"Why are you walking like that?" A pause. "And why are you walking like that towards me?" Eyes widening, she could do nothing but stare at his figure and gesture. Oh, well, actually, it was a kind thought, a very considerate one. Why, she was truly taken aback, so much so, that she nearly accepted it..

He ruined it by speaking.

"The.. The Heavens?" She questioned, blinking and taking a step back from pure horror. Her eyes watched as the pink flowers were flung into the air, only to float down in a slow-moving, painful way. "Um.. That's definitely.. whee.. All right.." Eyes widening even further, her maw parted in an awkward, lopsided smile that radiated something along being disturbed, and borderline petrified. All while nodding her head very, very slowly, as if processing what had just happened.

"I- Well.." Blinking rapidly, she took another step back, her face turning to Jade as he corrected his eldest brother. Remaining silent from pure fear (?), she did nothing but stand there, as if she were frozen. Glancing down at the pathetic fireweed by her paws, she turned back to Jairo, who was in the midst of battling his two brothers. Between that and whatever just happened, Atelia was twitching from terror. Even as Jairo's figure departed and his siblings resting upon the ground in a cluster of dirt and twigs, she stood there, piecing everything together.

"It was a good.. attempt," she called after him, staring at the lifeless clump of flowers before her. Filled with pity, she picked them up and followed behind, nudging Jade and Kenze with her paws in the process.

Edited at November 12, 2021 08:10 PM by Tenebris Umbra
Edera|x|Tenebris UmbraNovember 13, 2021 02:34 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

Damn it all

Alabaster paws carved themselves within the loose, crumbling dirt; skidding down the smoothened pinnacle with his embarrassments in tow. Briskly, his body propelled downwards, claws clacking against the solid matter of jutting rock before eventually falling back onto leveled ground. Upon arrival, his haunches lowered, head bent with clouding shame buzzing discreet beside his swiveling ears, the cackle of wind slid rough down his canal, prompting a listless paw to fold the flimsy appendage like one would scratch an itch. “Don’t touch me.” Came a growl, a mere disruption in the thickening vapor. It caught Jairo’s attention; simply observing Kenze’s wobbling limbs as he staggered down the rocky incline. “She can touch you if she wants to.” Jade came quick to her defense, ulterior motive blanketing both face and vocals with every step he took. “She was just trying to help.” He received none but a snort, the attenuate yearling surfing down the soil until he bounced nimbly at Jairo’s side. “You have weird tastes…” He simply glanced at him. “And why is that?” Heavily, Kenze’s head rose, moments later sinking down with grumpy unease. “She’s just crazy. I think we should ditch her..she threatened me you know!” He hissed through taut lips. And with a scanty look just barely widening the eldest’s lips, Jairo spoke, tail, if anything, swaying with pride and approval.

“It's about time somebody put you in your place. And hey, what’re you doing telling me about it? Take it up with her.” A rock clattered down the edges, rolling slow at his paws before suspended; Jade’s motioning figure a substitution in its place. Hesitantly, the eldest would jerk his gaze, capturing Atelia in view and what she held. There, as she ascended onto the stable floor, the fireweed he had abused earlier lay caught between her teeth, the fluttering petals jostling softly with every pad she took. He'd whip his head away with fizzling annoyance, lip curled in distaste. “I thought I told you to forget about it.” He emitted pointedly, nearing her with nothing but two lengthy strides. “I was forced to, alright?” He said, referring to the earlier spectacle. “Don’t get any weird ideas because of it.” With that all said and done, the male turned, steadying himself in a leisure saunter. And advancing upon the Red fields outer gates; entwined paintbrush flowers later to be trampled on by oncoming paws. --His stomach pitched in a cumbersome growl, the yearlings faces bubbling with excitement. “You asked about this. Well it's where we hunt the most of our hares..my legs gotten better, but I figured I could use you to raise our success rate.”

Eyes had been casted on his limp, leg already fixed in a gradual heal but too weak to support his weight. So he kept off it, sometimes testing it in a moment of strength for a quick gauge. But now he hadn’t bothered to; left uncomfy in the falling breeze but not low enough so as to drag against the ground in his walks. It proved tough in the beginning, surviving on three limbs. When he wanted to run, he wobbled. When he wanted to sit, he fell. And when he wanted to sleep, he was kept awake with discomfort. But he figured it out in due time, managing himself, even swimming with little malfunction in the chilly pools. --Which in fact reminded him..He gyrated, a smirk of satisfaction taking its throne with sliding jowls. “You’re pretty canny, aren’t you? And as much as I’d like to take that “pretty” comment from earlier and run with it, it was just a swim. But here’s some good news. You can go ahead and locate the burrows. Try to find our prey’s location.” With the given task, Jairo would glide towards her side, passing nothing but a nod to his awaiting siblings. “You both know what to do.” Then, turning back towards Atelia, he brushed against her side almost suggestively. “I’ll go with you.”

How long has it been since they met? A week maybe? But they’ve only been together for one day really. So what, this’d be their second encounter?....Not the time yet. He strolled through the meadow, the Red field, the beauties of the ground, lobster claws, --smacked against his legs with near every step. “Those friends of yours..” He started, periodically stealing curious looks at her neighboring physique. He remembered them. The black female and her mate, a male of browner tints, similar to Atelia but incomparable to the honey coatings of her pelt. Their dynamic differed from his own. He and his brothers, well, it was obvious that he was the head, and they the tails. They catered to him. And he’d be damned if it was the other way around. But other than that, they were friendly with each other. Free to their own devices, able to wander off without permission. Hell, they didn’t even understand the word. But with her little pack, that small scuffle from days before, her punishment for coming to his defense was all he needed to see to know that she held lesser superiority. It wasn’t impressive, watching your interest get bullied beneath anothers paws. But it wasn’t a deal breaker either. After all, it's not bad to have a submissive mate. There’d be less problems. He wasn’t opposed to it, but still, he’d allow her to shine, and if she falls into the dictated then that's what she’ll be. Either way it won’t alter his goal.

“What's their affiliation to you?” Various words saturated his tongue but failed to slip out, instead he found himself questioning her relationship, little inklings of a guess already planted but now he just wanted confirmation. The beams of sun gravitated towards his darker pelt, warming his skin and busying his nose. He felt refreshed, inciting a hardened search for their prey and stealthier steps. The thick grass blanketing the ground deadened the thudding of paws, the brawn he managed to obtain rippled comfortably beneath his pelt, jaws widening and exerting in a yawn which coated the thickening air. “Did they take some type of pity on you and take you in? Are you some secret love child?” He knew these weren’t true, but what's the harm in a little light hearted fun? The leisure swing of his legs had quickly progressed into something more rapid, bounding through the petal litter with the strong scent of rabbit sucked into his breathy pants. “This one's mine.” He spoke, frame slowed and claws prodding at the grassy burrow he had made a quick advancement on. He didn’t care if she had discovered the scent first. It's the matter of reaching it and staking your claim that really makes a difference. Somewhat gutturally, he growled, keeping the oncoming slobber from dripping from his salivating mouth. He brushed Atelia off, fixating his attention on his hiding prey with a predatory glare. “Go somewhere else.”

Their partnership had ended. She could go and catch her own but really, even then she might get her prey stolen by the starving brothers. He left her to flush them out herself, surely she could be capable. And he’d catch up with her later. But for now, he was keeping this little hole for himself. “Try and scare as many as you can towards Jade and Kenze.” After that, Jairo began; scraping at the little home with hungry paws. Dirt flew between his parted thighs, his figure bouncing back and forth in an understanding tactic of a fake-out. After he dug, he had to stay close, closer than normal. If the hare shot out he’d have to be able to snatch it up quickly. He’d be beaten in a chase, especially with his leg. So he stabbed at the burrow until it began to crumble, then slowly, the male crept to the side, sliding onto his stomach and lowering until the weaving green stems swallowed his view. It proved futile to simply take the rabbit in this particular hole, it was much too long, so he’d have to wait. Now that he had distubred its home, it’d be out soon..hopefully.

Edera|x|Tenebris UmbraNovember 14, 2021 04:43 PM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award

Her black paw pads left shallow imprints in the dirt as dust particles clouded the air with each step taken. The ground had turned smooth and angled, a downward incline appearing. Carefully, her claws dug into the rough material, emitting soft scrapes as her body slid down the ramp before springing and landing upon a flatter rock. Composing herself and maintaining her balance, Atelia wobbled for a brief moment before her head turned moderately to Kenze. "Are you being petty now, is that it?" She questioned in response to his growl and catty attitude.

"Thank you, Jade." She felt a surge of gratefulness for the other younger brother's sudden interference in coming to her defense against Kenze. Atelia's body leapt once more, this time, landing on yet another rock before meeting solid ground once more. Claws gripping small pebbles and blades of strong weeds, she began to descend even further down the slope, all whilst picking up muffled comments here and there from Kenze. "I wouldn't have threatened you if you didn't make that comment towards me," she called back to him, words muffled from the fireweed while her eyes remained glued on the path before her. "I'll snap at you and call you a name. We'll see how you react then." A soft snort sounded from her nose before she quickened her pace, nearly tumbling in the process.

Ahead, Jairo had met flattened ground. A slow trot later, she rested by his side whilst they awaited for the remaining two. She walked around for a brief moment, grateful to be upon a leveled floor once more. Her eyes would meet Jairo's, fireweed still clung between her incisors and only clasping it tighter the moment his attention turned to it. "I happen to like the look of fireweeds. It seemed like a waste to leave it behind." Pausing, she continued, her tone growing disturbingly icy, "don't think I'm carrying it around for you."

Pah, males and their pride.

She waited a moment before following, eyes jumping around with a hint of excitement. This was new land to her. Nakoa and Naeva had not yet discovered this vicinity, and neither had she until now. It was an intriguing place, full of red paintbrush flowers and yarrow. "We typically hunt our hares to the north." She remained silent for a moment before elaborating. "There are these small clearings within certain patches of forest that they seem to reside in most commonly. We think it's because there's more shade and areas to hide that they love it so much." Blinking, Atelia wondered if she should have even mentioned such an important piece of information. While she knew the three brothers wouldn't harm her, that didn't mean she trusted them. The thought lingered to the point where a suspicious expression flashed across her features, only to vanish before resuming her walk.

When their location was reached, Atelia wandered a few meters away, lowering her head to place the fireweed among a bed of wildflowers. It would be a good home for it while she was busy with more important things, such as satisfying her cramping stomach. Gah, she was famished! So, when Jairo mentioned for her to locate burrows, she was gone in a heartbeat, already speeding around, her nose against the ground. Even when the eldest accompanied her, she paid him no mind, her focus upon the hares and their location.

"You're distracting me," she had suddenly mumbled, tall grass smacking in her face from Jairo's steps. Eyes remaining glued to the ground, she was locating a variety of faded scents. There had been a fox passing through, then a badger from a few days ago. There was a smell she had not yet registered, and just when she believed herself to have found a solid scent, he spoke. "What is it?" Disgruntled, she raised her head to his words. "I'm trying to focus here." Ears resting upwards, they twitched at the mention of her own group.

"Those friends of yours.."

"What about them?" She asked. What was this about? Did he wonder who they were? Why she catered to them? Their relation? Why she submitted? All of the above? Atelia knew that her relation to Naeva and Nakoa was different. Their behaviour with one another wasn't the same as Jairo shared with his brothers, and why would it be? Her own group was different. It was stricter and less welcoming. The only difficult aspect of it was that, while Jairo understood what he was doing, Naeva and Nakoa did not, resulting in several arguments to arise. Nobody knew what to do. Nobody knew how to survive properly. There was disorder and chaos on the daily. Naeva believed herself to always be right, Atelia disagreed, and Nakoa didn't understand anything. It was a constant battle over who was right and who was more dominant. The only thing they were skilled in was fighting, but there was also a bond there. Neither would leave the other behind in the midst of danger.

Well, Naeva did send a stampede her way, but that was besides the point.

"Don't make me sick." At the mention of being a love child, Atelia's muzzled wrinkled in disgust before resuming to its natural state. "Never jest about that idea again," she added on, growing less uptight and adding in her own lightened comment before explaining her relation to them. "The male is my older brother, Nakoa. The darker female, his mate, Naeva. She had joined us around a year ago." Atelia and her brother had been on their own from a very young age. She was but a yearling, Nakoa only two, when they left their birth den behind. Why would they stay? There was nothing nor anybody left for them there. Their parents had died, well, their mother had anyways. Their father had simply declared one morning that he'd scavenge for food, never to return again. Left behind were their two month old siblings. Three of them, though they had suffered a quick death when a stranger wandered in, claiming the territory for himself and his own minature pack. She and her brother were driven out, and had never looked back since.

There was also a third, Atelia's littermate and sister, though she is never mentioned.

She had stood still while pondering her past, that is, until Jairo claimed a scent. Immediately, her vision cleared, her attention refocused. "That.. Hey! I was following that one!" Stammering, she watched him advance, releasing an inner grumble, she quickened her own pace until they were neck and neck. Using her body to shove him slightly to the side in hopes of throwing him off, Atelia sped up. Alright, so she played dirty, but he started it. "You go somewhere else," she snapped, her hunger driving her forward to the point of madness.

"Who do you think you are? Why don't you go scare as many as you can towards Jade and Kenze? They're your brothers." Scoffing and throwing a miniature tantrum, she stood, staring at Jairo's crouched figure with complete distaste. When he made it clear that he wasn't moving, she released a series of grumbles and snorts. "Thief," was the only thing she muttered before stalking off with a frown.

She hoped the hare he caught was a runt.

No, she hoped the hare bit him on the nose.

Now upon a new path, Atelia regained her focus, her hunger only clearing her senses rather than warping them. She had eaten earlier, yes, though what was a singular vole and some rabbit scraps? At this rate, she'd starve before winter. Proceeding forth, her head raised to see Kenze and Jade in the distance doing their own thing. Mumbling to herself over Jairo's dirty play, she distracted herself until another burrow was located. She wouldn't be driving any hares towards the brothers. She had her own method, and that was annoying the hare until it appeared.

Lowering herself to the ground, she stared at the burrow before gently nudging dirt into the hole with her nose. Staring once more, she waited before repeating the gesture. Typically, the hare would grow irritated and begin to dig itself through the dirt she threw in. When that happened, it was a perfect opportunity to lunge. She was more prone to missing, yes, but when that happened, then she'd begin to dig for it. For now, she'd wait until the hare cleared its hole, which should be any moment..

Perfect! There, amidst the dirt, a slight movement could be seen fidgeting around. It continued, small tufts of fur poking out, but still, Atelia waited. She remained frozen until at last, the hare's front paws could be seen nudging the dirt away, it's head poking out.

That was when Atelia made her move. Body moving at lightning speed, her teeth clasped around the hare's face, dragging it out by the head while it shrieked and fidgeted around. On it went, kicking about and attempting to loosen the grip she held upon it, but with a strong jolt of her mouth, it soon went limp. A wide, nearly sadistic smile formed upon her face at her success. Hare in her mouth, she pranced a singular time, dangling it in the direction of Jairo in mockery. "Look, look at what I have and you don't!" She seemed to say, jumping and pouncing around with it before dropping it by her paws. No, she wouldn't leave it. Her instincts had kicked in, causing her to drag its body to the next burrow and guarding it.

The following burrow was empty, Atelia was sure of it. She had wasted precious minutes waiting and using her energy, only to be rewarded with nothing. Her paws were covered in dirt up to her elbows, her muzzle coated as well. The burrow lay destroyed and dug up in front of her, so, she moved to the next one. Raising her head before she proceeded to torment the hares within the next burrow. There were several holes in the ground, which meant a warren resided in it. She wouldn't be able to collect them all herself, so her gaze rested upon Jade and Kenze. "Come here." Calling them to stay near her, she stared at the various burrows "I'm going to try and get some of these ones out. Be ready to catch them." The body of the previous hare lay beneath her figure, her body guarding it simply in case one of the brothers snagged it.

Using her upper body strength, she began to dig once the younger brothers neared. She dug until her arms burned, and still continued. Claws scraping the dirt away, she took regular pauses to peer into the holes before resumine until, not one, not two, but three hares darted out, shooting past her legs like bullets. "Get them! Get them!" She cheered, watching as they headed right for the brothers.

Edera|x|Tenebris UmbraNovember 20, 2021 11:11 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

“Urgh, stop clawing at my tail ya harebrained fool!” Half heartedly, Kenze matched his brother's stare, pelt rippling with a concoction of both tension and excitement. “You don’t need to add “fool” after your insult, that would just be “fool, fool”...idiot.” Cutting off Jade’s defiant counter, the smaller yearling would then add- “And nobodies touching that swaying rag of yours.” Spitting, Kenze’s hackles rose, the softened fur bristled by the onslaught of breeze, carrying with it a gentle, airy pour of rainwater from graceful clouds above. “You’re so mean. The fur on my tail is equivalent to the softest plumage of a bird. I would know. -Ate one before.” They exchanged a look, one's eyes rolling and another sparking with amusement. Their elder brother and Atelia were out of sight, but with every intake of air came the distinguishable aroma of their packmate...and plus one. And at a point, their dutiful figures swung about with aggressive, but jocular swipes at the eyes, growling whilst gnawing on each other's ears. It was a light hearted brawl, rolling through the grass and crashing into each other like sliding boulders through a river bed of mud. “Come here”

Ears flicked forward, Jade’s head would recoil, jaws smoothing shut from its previous lock on Kenze’s neck; now coated with a thin layer of drool. The yearlings eyes would jerk about quizzically, eventually planting on the near tangerine moldings of a familiar pelt. Crisply, the sun glowered down upon her back, the sheathing clouds dulling its great light, but nonetheless, it highlighted the delectable mounds at her paws and the heavy rabbit brushing lifelessly against her underbelly. Eagerly, Jade inched forward, of course with the help of Kenze’s batting hind legs. Smoothly, he prowled towards the expectant maiden, gaze steadied on the bloodied corpse she guarded, tongue gliding subconsciously across his moistened jowls. “Hey-” The other began, a frown stretching his darkened lips and eyes glistening with distaste. “Don’t order me around, you ha--” His eyes would connect to her discoverings. “-Haaarmoniously brilliant being.” Crabbily, Kenze crawled towards Atelia obediently, head sunk between his shoulders and tassel flapping back and forth with mild contentment. “Okay.” They both yipped hushedly in unison, claws flexing against the excess dirt which had begun to bead with the dangling drops of liquid, kissing the ground in an occasional greeting. Curious eyes simply observed as she got to work, brushing large clumps of soil away with thick, powerful claws. Her tail twitched enticingly with the obliging rock of her body, prompting a batting paw or perhaps a predatory nip, but the brothers remained; hunger overpowering stupidity...for the moment.

“Yaargh!”

“Get them, get them!”

How annoying. A once still head had tottered towards the blaring vocals, startled barks, excited yips, it was all so bothersome. Couldn’t they see he was busy here? Atelia’s little flaunting didn’t help the mood either, all she had achieved was a flame of irritation, something that would consume his thoughts and heighten his desires. And perhaps she wanted that. He was declared a thief after all. Not that he particularly cared...or anything. Hesitantly, haunches crusted over by flying dust would depart from the wetting terrain, gaze scanning the messy scene and the way his brothers tripped over each other; biting at the agile hares like furry bullets. It seemed her confrontation was just a bluff. There she was, doing as told. --Just a little later than expected. Grouchily, Jairo whipped his head, the furious thumps of large feet emanating cautiously from the destroyed burrow. It's exactly what he wanted. --Not to happen. His prey knew he was there. Or well it knew someone was there. What idiot would step from their safe confines and out into the rumbling cacophony of hungry predators above? No one, that's who. Angrily, he abandoned the site, ears twitching with defeat and lips smited with a peculiar sneer. As he neared the dame’s unsuspecting frame, he had considered exacting a brutish revenge,--bowling her over and taking her catch for his own consumption, but the image of his brother's gradual loss of race infuriated him far more.

He took the risk, stamping his injured leg down to join its comrades, muscle concentrated in a brief bunch until unstrapped in a lengthy leap, Atelias tail fanning softly against his stomach as he shot past. It was a short burst but it still hurt like a bitch. Briskly he had sped by the pursuing yearlings, extending a paw out which had fortunately hooked on the hare’s leg, the running meal toppling over with gaped jaws; long teeth yellowed with health. Quickly, Jairo clamped his incisors around the base of its choking neck, body writhing whilst his large paw flattened down right beside his lowered muzzle. And before long the life behind those beady, meaningless eyes had deadened completely, loose skin melting between his teeth like oozing butter. He lifted his catch and met the snappy images of his two younger siblings battling over their own hare, eventually considerable amounts of flesh had torn apart in each of their jaws, satisfying their starving dispute. Averting his vision, it temporarily cloaked the figure of his bragger interest, and for a moment, an almost overwhelming urge washed over him like cumbersome but heavy waves. He wanted to parade about, dangling the animal by the ears right where she could see it, but he had devoured it much too soon, snout decorated a dripping red and tongue colored in a similar fashion; wiping his fangs behind a shut maw. “That hit the spot.”

He was far from satisfied but still, at least something more than the pickings of bone had occupied his empty belly. Slowly, Jairo waggled his aching leg, face wrinkled in a throng of winces and jaw clenched despite the reflexive wail pressing ruthlessly against his lips. Whatever, he’d just stay off it like normal, wait till it fixes itself..Snorting, The male wobbled over towards Atelia, casually slackening his frame and crashing softly into her side, hind legs splayed gently to the side. “I’m hurt. You’re gonna have to carry me. Sorry sweetheart.” Despite his somewhat apologetic speech, he had a knowing grin plastered across his face, lifting his head from the depths of her pelage before some rude thought crossed her mind. “Nah, I’m good. It’ll just be harder to sacrifice you than before.”

“Sacrifice?” Jade queried, licking the rabbit remains from his maw. “Whaddya mean, Jairo?” One could tell the look of disappointment and worry burying at his features, tail jerking around his hips anxiously. Seems the puppy crush never fully ended. The eldest hummed, staggering to his paws and eyeing the dame at his side with purposeful vision. “I haven’t told you? Well we’re going to head over to the geysers for a bit. I heard a little legend that if ya chuck a bratty, kinda plain female down the hole, you’ll be blessed with overwhelming luck for about a month."

“Bullshit.” Kenze called, slinking forward with a sharpened gaze, strict amber pooling about the vicinity. “It's not “kinda plain” she is plain.” Smoothly, Jairo conquered. “Mmh, take a good look at yourself baby bro before you babble about another's appearance. Ya look like shit.” That was one insult too many. Besides, he wasn’t just disrespecting her, but himself as well. Why would he take such an interest in an ugly wolf? Does Kenze think so little of him? He watched the yearlings pelt and expression crumble with embarrassment, stare flickering about the group with insecurity. “Erm..sorry. Perhaps I should take a bath.” He mumbled, eyes connecting with that of Atelias before falling periodically to the ground. “And uh--please don’t hurt me.” He didn’t dare delve into her gaze, too afraid he might witness a glimpse of rage. Would she really do as she had told him? No, she wouldn’t, she couldn’t. Shamefully, Kenze fled behind Jade’s bolder presence, huffing defeatedly. “Guess you scared him.” Jairo spoke, staring at the yearling a few times more before blanketing his unreadable expression with a familiar, teasing smirk.

“Let's head there now, shall we?--Lady sacrifice.”

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2    3    4 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us