Wolf Play : Burning Embers | RP Thread
Chatbox
 Salem
01:06:47 
Looking for more members ^^
-WP Click-
 Meliora Wolves
12:57:54 crow (he/they/zae)
Into The Eyes of Fire tries to impress A Heart So Black And Cold by bringing them a bone.

Stats: Charisma +2
Affinity: --- Strong Like
Mood: Flirty

omg gay wolves
 RuinsPack
12:38:52 Ruins
LeopardFurr annoys TortoiseTalon
Bruh how is the mood Flirty 😶😶🤔🤔🤔
 Mercenary
12:35:39 
So bigfoot just killed all of my wolves whoops
 Windcrest
12:33:07 Wind, Lavender
Mercenary

Banished dragon rider sounds cool!
 Mercenary
12:31:05 
So now do I write my deity of war orrrr a banished dragon rider e.O
 Windcrest
12:29:44 Wind, Lavender
Salem

That's great to hear! Oh yeah that's totally fine - have fun on that!
Also voted ^^
 Salem
12:28:31 
Wind
I don't mind ^^

But i do have to leave chat because I got some writing to do :3

Small poll though:
-WP Click-
 Windcrest
12:27:21 Wind, Lavender
Salem

Ohh I see lol - I hate linked notifications too they're annoying and I feel you on alarm sounds *^* I usually try to log onto WP every day so if you don't mind I guess I could just send a PM over :)
 Salem
12:24:45 
Wind
I mean.. I got two notifications on my phone as well as my computer since they're linked like that for some reason. My phone has the most annoying alarm sound too :')
I'd be happy to take reminders from ya if you're up for it lol
 Mercenary
12:24:13 
-WP Click-

Thoughts on this dude? I'm super excited to see him in action
 Windcrest
12:23:38 Wind, Lavender
Crow

I agree - don't let intrusive thoughts take over.
 Windcrest
12:22:34 Wind, Lavender
Salem

Noo what T_T I can remind you if all else fails haha
 Meliora Wolves
12:21:21 crow (he/they/zae)
cloudz
pitch black room, comfy blanket, and then close my eyes and think of something comforting. might take a little bit but it usually works for me
 Ámor
12:18:11 Cloudz, Pumpkin
Does anyone know how to fall asleep when youre internally panicking?
 Continental Wolves
12:17:11 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
🫠
 Salem
12:16:42 
I can't use reminders on my phone, it doesn't have that feature lol
I took it off for being annoying xD
 Windcrest
12:15:55 Wind, Lavender
Salem

I vaguely remembered that reminders existed and you're right, it is monthly sadly :') Perhaps you could use your phone instead lol
 Salem
12:11:31 
Damn- It's monthly not daily, never mind
 Salem
12:10:41 
Wild
True
I think we can set reminders for every day, so I'll be doing that too lol

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Black Panther : -5
Copperhead : -5
Badger : -5
    Spring Month: 1   Night  Weather:  Clear  Moon: 
 Battle  Explore In: Now

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Semi-Literate
   1   ..    2    3    4    5    6    7    8   ..   10 

Burning Embers | RP ThreadJune 15, 2024 01:14 AM

Mother

Darkseeker

Give Award

Savo'alath || New Dragon || Storm || M: Keraunophoros and Fallon (Ind), General Gathering (Ind), Ciliruen (NPC), Open

It had begun several days ago: the faint tugging, churning feeling deep in her gut had left the dark creature in a further state of turmoil, unable to sleep well and with disrupted hunts. Her appetite had gone, her short fur was constantly in a bristled state, and there was a sense of urgency that had only grown until the day of the bonding ceremony. Over two centuries upon the earth and she had managed to evade the same fate as her brother, each year passing without the call to claim a rider, but it seemed her luck had run out. Now, she found herself stalking the trees a ways from the clearing where others gathered. She lurked in the shadows as she lamented her plight. She was doomed to an attachment deeper than that of blood relations. Cursed to wait on a frail creature whose kin were minor blips in her long life. Shackled to a... a human.

Savo dreaded the meeting. She well remembered the day that Keraunophoros found Fallon; while he had gained a new, exhilarating connection, Savo had felt as though she'd lost one. And indeed, it seemed that maybe she had. The pair had been gone for quite some time now -- vanished without a trace, and after murder allegations, no less. Savo had held out hope that their innocence would quickly be brought to light, but... nothing. There had been nothing. And the rumors tarnishing her brother's name had only grown darker, more twisted. Where she had once frequented the academy grounds to observe her dear role model whip the new pairs into shape, Savo was now a ghost, only passing by the walls if she absolutely had to. She couldn't stand to hear the labels that had been attached to Rav.

Murderer. Traitor. Two-faced... Monster.

Her sleek coat bristled and the fur of her mane and ridge was raised. A guttural growl rumbled up from deep inside her. Some were saying the same of her, now, too. Perhaps not murderer, exactly, but she was not deaf to the mutterings of old mentors and others who had been at the academy to see Keraunophoros and Fallon's rise and fall from grace. How could she be trusted, if she was of the same blood that had turned on one of their own? What if she were to snap like he did? How many more innocents would die at the jaws of a half-cracked storm dragon?

The paranoia began to creep in. What if this was a setup? Was she actually feeling the pull to a rider, or was she under some sort of bewitchment? She wanted to believe her brother had had good reason to end the life of someone of great importance, but what if the whispers were right, and she was bound to follow in the footsteps of a killer? It was no secret that Savo was more, ah, comfortable with the notion of ending lives than many other dragons, but she had never killed for fun, and she had never so much as injured a person on purpose (with one or two exceptions here and there, but they hadn't died, okay).

A group of children was staring at her. A steely blue glower snapped on to them and they quickly looked away with several running off entirely. She could smell the fear radiating off of them, which only served as fuel for her bitterness. Had word somehow gotten out that the kin of a traitor was hunting for her rider? Oh, her rider. The poor, pathetic soul would be bound to her name like she was to her brother's, and he or she would also become an outcast. A slight sting of pity went through the dragon's body and her maw curled into a grimace. Poor whelp; it wasn't likely to have sought such a fame as the one she would now grant it. Perhaps there was a way to leave with whatever unfortunate soul was to become her rider before the mentors noticed them.

Savo found herself at the clearing despite her initial plan to stay hidden. Her frigid gaze raked over those already gathered in and around the open space. It was busy, but not as crowded as she had expected. Perhaps she was early. Disgusting.

Radiating a strong air of pent up danger, Savo skirted around the various groups, occasionally releasing a warning growl to clear the irritating humans from her path. She couldn't tell where she was being pulled to, which only mounted her frustration. Deciding to take a break from searching for her rider, she instead began pinpointing the locations of dragons and riders that she already knew. Tatsuo, Aynabat, and Thalassia had all found bonds, it seemed. She could see some of the mentors and their dragons, or half of some pairs, dispersed through the crowd or watching above. She could practically feel their cynical gazes, yet she was sure none of them had looked at her. But they would. And then they would begin the murmurings.

A heavy thud sounded as a fellow storm dragon, slightly larger than Savo and colored with splashes of blue and silver and pink, backed into her flank. Savo's own dark frame tensed as she reared onto her back legs and, cocking her head to the side, released a hiss and gave a warning snap towards the clumsy dragon's jaw. Ah, she knew this dragon. Ciliruen, she thought her name was. The other female sidestepped and emitted a territorial shriek, cupping a faint-looking human in one paw. The two females circled each other, fanning their wings and growling, before Savo paused and snapped her focus towards the trees. The tug was stronger now.

"Don't be brash," Ciliruen hissed through her elongated teeth. "Stay far away from my rider."

Savo's head turned slowly back towards the other dragon, and in a smooth, soft voice, she replied while gesturing to the now limp figure in the other's grasp, "You think I would... murder... that poor creature? You needn't worry. I like a little meat on my breakfast. Vegetables were never appealing to me."

She parted the sea of hopeful riders and searching dragons and left Ciliruen behind, ignoring whatever jab or offended response that may have been thrown back in her direction. Now, Savo'alath was going to hunt. It was time to find the little soul that was going to be dragged down to hell with her.

Burning Embers | RP ThreadJune 15, 2024 10:27 AM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award

Zephyrus Howl | Air Dragon | Male | Mentor Dragon | Mentions: Maximillian, Coyolxauhqui, and Zadok

Zephyrus finally heard Max's voice through the bond. "About time," he grumped, "You would have the answer to your questions if you would go ahead and get out here. You're going to miss a lot. You need to come and protect me from the little scavengers who think I am someone to bond with." He made a more deliberate look at Max's request. "The humans kinda look all the same to me although they have hair of different lengths and color," he noted. His eyes brightened and his posture became more alert. "Interesting, I see a dark dragon, a light dragon, lunar, and storm dragon," he observed. He had been passively watching and realized maybe this ceremony would be a little interesting. They were not common types of dragons, and they were showing their powers when they found their rider.

"Also Mattis has found his two boys." He thought it was disgraceful the way they were joking around. This was a serious time when mighty wonderful dragons were chained to little mortal humans. He started to look for Mattis and Avery's dragons wondering if they had a better, less accessible for humans, place to watch the ceremony. He rather hoped something dramatic would happen. Something where he could manipulate the wind a bit. It would be great fun to stun these puny little humans. He took off from his position and landed near where Coyolxauhqui and Zadok were. He maintained a distance respectfully waiting for them to either tell him to beat it or invite him to stay.

Burning Embers | RP ThreadJune 15, 2024 01:33 PM

The Tea Drinkers

Darkseeker

Give Award
Avery Solstråle | Squad Leader | 23 | M: Mattis (ind) Max (d Metztli (d) Koji (ind)
-
Avery heard his name called, and was turning to wave, when his senses were assaulted from multiple sides. First, his nosy dragon poked her snout into his mind, and started gently berating him for being too friendly with the newbies, which he knew was wrong, but was hoping nobody would notice. As always, she took the opportunity to remind him of his nearly disastrous first ride, which was still emblazoned into his mind as one of the most embarrassing moments of his life. He'd since forgiven her for it, and took it with more grace now, but his cheeks flushed at the memory. He hadn't bothered to look into what actually happened when a dragon chose you, he'd just assumed the ceremony was over. When the dragon has offered him a wing up onto her back, he'd been flattered, but not concerned. Of course, she knew he was a new rider, right? She wouldn't do anything too crazy. Wrong. She'd spiraled through the air like a pinwheel, ducking and weaving, taking him in spins that would take him ages to learn to keep his seat on. Ever since then, he'd been keeping his eyes out for something to tease Metztli over, but she was far too dignified, and had yet to find even one little flaw.
"Oh, hush," he muttered to her, hiding his flushed face behind his blond locks. "We can't all be perfect like you."
Just as he was getting ready to defend himself further, he heard his full name called out loudly in a rich, firm voice. Despite the fact that anger was the immediate tone, he knew he was screwed. Avery started to pick up his pace even further, but a hand caught his collar, and his mind flashed back to the commons area in their shared home. He knew it'd been left a mess, clothes, half eaten food, books, the lot. Most of them, he knew, were his, especially the clothes. he winced, and turned to face Max. Unbeknownst to him, his cheeks turned pink, and his gaze softened, although he dropped it to the ground, trying not to lean into the touch of the rider glaring at him, and hold some amount of dignity and authority over the younger man.
"That's not very respectful of a squad leader," he argued, pulling himself together once he was sure Max was finished. "And you know for a damn fact that Mattis was the one leaving food around. Clothes are one thing. Half eaten donuts? I know I saw one of those when I left. And I try not to indulge in sugar," he snapped. "*Anyways.* You can talk with whatever rookies you want. But don't tell them what happens when they bond, or Metztli will eat me. And no, I haven't seen her yet, I'm keeping my eyes out. She probably isn't a fan of the sun and the amount of people down here."
He couldn't help the distaste that leaked into his voice, irritated over the bustle around them.
Burning Embers | RP ThreadJune 15, 2024 03:47 PM

_Moonshadow_

Darkseeker

Give Award
Marina West
New Rider | Female | 17 | Mentions: Amhuluk (ind)
Marina became increasingly agitated as more people filled the valley, the heat of bodies becoming overwhelming. Finally she turned on her heel and weaved through the bodies, muttering terse apologies as she accidentally stepped on feet.
She took a deep breath of air as she escaped the crowd. She seen a glisten of water off in the distance and immediately increased her pace toward it. Water was one of the only things that calmed her these days.
She admired the beautiful scenery as she walked, the lush green grass and the tall trees. The weather was favorable today, and she knew if she was with her father, he would be itching to get his boat out to sea. Part of her yearned to be with him, but she was determined to bond a dragon.
She arrived at the shoreline of the lake and sat down in the sand, smiling as the water lapped at her tattooed fingers. The beautiful azure waters glistened as the sunlight bounced off of the lake.
Marina slowly drifted off into her own little world. Back to the seas and saltwater. She had only been gone for two days and she missed it dearly. She would have to get used to it if she did bond, though, since she wasn't sure if visits home were allowed.
The flicker of a shadow caught her eye, and she sucked in a breath as she saw a giant dragon lurking in the shadows. The thing was huge, standing at at least 19 feet high. His eyes were cold and calculating, his blue and golden glimmered in the sunlight, like living water. She stiffened and tried to stay as still as possible. She didn't really feel like getting eaten today. Despite herself, she found herself mesmerized by the dragon. Something about him was beautiful. Dangerously beautiful, but beautiful none the less.
Burning Embers | RP ThreadJune 15, 2024 09:58 PM

High Hills Pack

Lightbringer

Give Award

Zadok | Male | 249 Years | Mentor Psyche Dragon | M: Mattis, Coyolxauhqui, Zephyrus, Thalassia, Aýnabat, Tatsuo (Ind)

Golden eyes continue to observe the growing crowd in silence, piercing through all those below him. His expression remained a tad pleasant from his prior interaction, lessening the harshness of his gaze however slightly. Murmurs of the crowd were mere whispers on his ears, their volume having grown in strength along with their numbers. A pleasant background noise really – the droning on of chatter between friends and family. Not overwhelming to the point where it was all he could hear but not dead silence either. Its more excitable atmosphere provided valuable insight to the on goings of the whole event as well, a sort of message that said “everything is going as it should be.”

A deep breath leaves the darkened male, the sun’s catching the gold along his lower spines as his chest expands then contracts. His eyes flicker towards a few more incoming dragons. Things were almost going too smoothly for his liking. It was only a matter of time until such peace was shattered in his mind. Though, he would at least appreciate it for the time being.

His ear twitches slightly at the sound of an all too familiar trill, replying with just a low rumble of his own instead of his full attention. Not even when the lunar dragon did he tear his eyes towards her for more than a few seconds – taking in the sight of her darkened appearance, save for a few patches of white. Coming towards the new moon, it would appear.

The mentor’s surveying continued as the two sat in silence, watching any and all present dragons closely for any signs of movement. One such dragon, the final member of their little “trio” of sorts, approached during this time. Zephyrus flew towards the two of them, appearing to be slightly disgruntled for reasons he could only assume. Then again, such assumptions were not terribly hard to come to during such an event. The wintery dragon landed near to them and seemingly began to wait for an invite from either of the present beasts. Zadok flicks his tail lightly as a signal for him to join.

During the air dragons approach, Coyolxauhqui had begun to address the burly male – small talk for the most part, centered around the growing batch of newcomers. Something he could appreciate seeing as it was on topic. Thoughts on the bunch as a whole and any that managed to intrigue him. The standard stuff.

“A standard batch in my eyes. Not one dragon or human in particular has piqued my interests thus far,” his baritone notes ring out as he had invited Zephyrus over, “Then again, I much prefer it that way. Less of a hassle for us.”

His ears flick once more as he continues, voicing a similar opinion to his own. However, it was up until her mention of rarer specimens – that had since gone unnoticed by his gaze – that he truly became attentive. His eyes trailed to the location she now honed in on, spying a blanche white dragon, likely of the light variety, and-

The imposing male rises to his feet at what his eyes now laid on, shock evident on his features. The musing of his fellow mentor fell on deaf ears as he attempted to grasp what he was viewing before him. An otherworldly being stood at the edge of the dense tree line, only the front half of her abyssal body being visible. The other half was completely invisible, melding into the shadows with ease. Not that he expected anything different from one such as her.

“Thalassia?”

The temptation to roar bubbled slightly with the psyche’s chest, wishing to greet his friend after the decades it had been since their last encounter. However, the desire to not disrupt the occasion rose to the forefront of his mind – halting the desire in its tracks. There was only one reason for her presence at the Ceremony, and it was not one that he was about to get in the way of.

Still, his attention remained on her and her two companions as they made their move. The pearlescent being Coyol had also pointed out was the first to do so, gliding over to her chosen and instantly encasing the little human in a ball of light. It was not a method he particularly agreed with as one would catch onto by the slight showing of his golden fangs, but it was at least not a violent one. A second who he had not initially noticed approached in a much more appropriate and calm manner. Her steps took her towards the same group, her attention solely focused on the remaining humans. The one that Mattis had found himself among. Thankfully, her search remained gentle as she inspected each of the remaining humans – starting with his rider and ending with her own. He would have to be going down there soon to ensure the safety of blonde haired companion. He refused to leave him alone amongst potentially territorial dragons.

Excusing himself from the presence of the two other mentors, Zadok leaps off the rock and begins his descent towards the group below. His eyes remain locked on the gathering throughout this time, watching as – funnily enough – the family haunting figure of a certain dragoness stalked and phased through the crowd until coming to a halt behind another of his little human’s companions. Well, what splended circumstances.

A bellowing rumble releases from his chest as he soars towards the ground, a call for all the humans beneath him to move or get squashed. A bluff in his humble opinion, but who would ever expect one from a being of his likeness. The puny beings were quick to scatter at the sight of him much to his glee. Landing hind feet first, his front legs come down with a thud as his spiked wings give a few good flaps to steady himself before folding in.

The rest of the trek was done on foot, mindful of the more curious and annoying of the hopeful humans around him. Coming to a stop behind his overly energetic companion, he sits a respectable distance from the others – ensuring not to intrude on this previous moment of theirs. His tail moves to wrap around the front of Mattis but does not touch him, allowing him room to move in case he so desired. A respectful nod is sent towards the dark blue dragoness before he turns towards his old companion. The same gesture is given towards her coupled with a friendly “growl” and golden grin. No words come from him, though. Such things could wait for a little bit longer.

Burning Embers | RP ThreadJune 15, 2024 10:52 PM

The Bewitched

Darkseeker

Give Award

Amhuluk

| Water Dragon | Male | New Dragon | Mentions: Marina (dir)

Within the depths of the lake, Amhuluk watched the valley continue to vibrate with excitement. His body remained submerged beneath the water, but his top half of his head stayed above, similar to an alligator waiting for prey. He observed as various dragons found their matches. Dread pooled in his stomach, his claws sinking into the soft ground. He did not envy them.

His body was unmoving, but the water around him seemed to pulse with his energy like a heartbeat, sending small ripples to the shore. Movement caught his eye as a young woman approached the lake, looking stressed and agitated, much like he felt. As she neared the water, a peaceful expression crossed her face - like the water was her home too.

He felt a tug toward her—an annoying sensation that had been pestering him for months. So this was the puny creature he was supposed to bond with. It irritated—no, it infuriated him that he was bound to this human.

Violent anger rippled through him, causing the lake to create small, choppy waves in her direction. His vibrant blue eyes held a murderous gleam, though he remained still. Suddenly, Amhuluk dipped smoothly beneath the surface, and the lake calmed once more, like he was never even there.

As the water stilled, the tension in the air intensified. A yellow dorsal fin emerged, heading toward the young woman, slicing through the water like a hot knife, barely stirring the surface. Quick as a shark, Amhuluk grabbed the woman’s pantleg with his snaggled teeth that stuck out of his mouth. He heard a satisfying rip as his tooth punctured the fabric. His savage eyes met hers once, feeling the bond between them snap into place. Though it wasn’t painful for him - he heard it could be for humans - and he hoped it hurt this human. He let out a low growl before submerging, dragging the woman into the deep blue depths.

Fish and other small lake creatures moved quickly out of the water beast's way. As Amhuluk dragged her down, he felt her struggling against him—jabbing, kicking, fighting. Even as she fought him, he noticed something remarkable: despite the fury in her eyes, there was a calculated expression on her face. She wasn't merely flailing in panic; she was conserving her energy, aware that exhausting herself could be fatal. This realization struck him—she was clever, strategic, and even in the face of near-drowning, she remained composed.

Little by little, he felt her begin to lose consciousness, and he stopped, abruptly letting go. The two floated there in the water, small bubbles escaping her nose and mouth as Amhuluk stared at her, hesitating. Why was he hesitating? He should be dragging her further. But there was something that had captivated him. Her brunette hair floated around her like swaying seaweed. Her eyes were becoming more glassy but still so vibrant. And angry. She wasn’t scared—how curious. He concluded that liked this little human—she was fiery. Vicious, just as he was. He liked her enough to save her.

Ever so slowly, Amhuluk pushed forward and blew a bubble into her face, creating a small oxygen mask before grabbing her within his talons and roughly moving to the surface. Holding his rider close to his chest, they moved at breakneck speed, erupting through the water’s surface as his long whale tail gave one last thrust to propel him. His abalone colored wings flared against the sun, water showering off them as he glided to the shoreline with a heavy crash.

Surprisingly gentle and steady, he laid his rider on the warm ground. Looming over her, he waited—waited for her to open her brown eyes, to hit or kick him again, to breathe, to do anything. Her hair was wet and plastered to her face, her skin looked ashen—dead. Not the soft brown that graced him when he first saw her. Amhuluk’s eyes narrowed, searching for signs of life.

He could feel the bond still beating strongly within him. He leaned closer, he could hear her heartbeat! So subtle but strong. She was alive! His rider was strong.

Why was she not awake yet? He has accepted her, she must know that.

“Tiny human! You must wake!" he roared, punctuating his words with a snap of his powerful jaws. His roar echoing through the valley, his heart pounded with a mix of frustration and - a new emotion - anxiety.

Edited at June 16, 2024 10:39 AM by The Bewitched
Burning Embers | RP ThreadJune 16, 2024 12:18 AM

_Moonshadow_

Darkseeker

Give Award
Marina West
New Rider | Female | 17 | Mentions: Amhuluk
Marina kept still and tried not to look at the dragon lurking in the water, hoping that it would just leave her alone. She stared out at the water and tried to center herself, knowing fleeing would be a terrible idea. The thing was three times her height and could catch her in a heartbeat.
In her state of focus, she didn't notice the dragon's head disappear beneath the surface of the water, and only noticed it hook its tooth in her pant leg when it was too late. The dragon's ghostly blue eyes locked with hers and a sharp pain pierced her head. She didn't have time to process what it was. She was pulled under the surface before she could scream. She used the split second before she hit the water to take as deep of a breath as she could, pushing down the rising panic and fear. That would only kill her faster. She had been in a handful of near-drowning situations aboard her father's ship, although she wasn't sure she would make it out of this one alive.
When she was younger her father would hold her under the water until she figured out how to properly conserve her breath, as drowning was how many of the sailors died. The lessons kicked in like a reflex as soon as her head went under.
The dragon dragged her down, down, down. The damned thing wasn't even trying to drag her under to eat her, it was trying to drown her. As the beast dragged her farther under, she placed a few well timed kicks and jabs, only doing so every few seconds. She couldn't exert herself to fast, or she would loose air quicker. She relaxed her muscles and tried to claw her way out of the thing's deadly grip. She supposed kicking a dragon wouldn't go over well, but from the looks of it, she was going to die either way.
A raw anger bubbled up in her chest. Who did this dragon think it was, trying to drown her? She hadn't done a single thing to it and it was trying to kill her. She made up her mind, she would survive this and afterward she would find a dragon to bond her, and then promptly rip this dragon to shreds.
A look she couldn't place passed through the creature's eyes just as her vision started to darken at the edges, her chest starting to hurt and her lungs begging for air. She knew she would die some day, she just wished that it wouldn't be as painful as this. Her kicks became less powerful, but she didn't stop. If she was going to die today, she wasn't going to let it be easy.
Marina was puzzled when the creature blew a bubble in front of her face, providing her a small bit of oxygen. She was even more surprised when it grabbed her in its giant talons and swam to the surface. Nothing about it's maneuvers were gentle.
They erupted through the water, and with one mighty beat of its tail, they were at the shoreline. Marina's eyes became heavy, and she succumbed to the need to close them, making sure she didn't fall asleep.
Her whole body relaxed when she was laid out on the ground. She felt her hair sticking to her face as the urge to sleep rose around her, stronger this time. She felt herself drifting off, but she swore she felt something watching her. She felt something new, like a long tether. She was to tired to experiment.
Marina thought she had a heart attack when a deafening roar sounded, echoing through the valley. Her eyes shot open and her lungs gulped down air. Her clothes clung to her and she stared up at the giant beast looming above her.
She forced as much fury into her eyes as she possibly could as she stared at the creature who had tried to kill her. Then she realized something, the beast had been speaking-to her. She felt the beat of something in her chest, something that hadn't been there before. She remembered the sharp pain she had felt before the dragon drug her under.
She had bonded. And her dragon had tried to kill her.

Edited at June 16, 2024 09:21 AM by _Moonshadow_
Burning Embers | RP ThreadJune 16, 2024 01:37 PM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
Thalassia
Dark Dragon || Female || New Dragon || Mentions: Aýnabat, Finnegan, Zadok
Indirectly Mentions: Tatsuo

Gazing down at her Chosen, she allowed the silence to linger, savoring the moment. A dense puff of smoke, dark and thick as if a forest fire had sprung to life, billowed towards him with a single snort. In an instant, her tail shot forward, sweeping the mortal off his feet and knocking him to the ground. Her right arm moved swiftly, jagged talons pinning him down and trapping him like a makeshift cage.

With her human pinned beneath her, Thalassia's eyes narrowed, and a low, rumbling growl surged from deep within her chest. The vibrations of her growl resonated through her body as she drew her face closer to his. Suddenly, without any warning, Thalassia unleashed a deafening roar. The sound was akin to a thunderclap, a sudden and powerful explosion. It began as a deep rumble, steadily intensifying until it reached a crescendo of ear-splitting volume.

In that instant, the bond between Thalassia and her Chosen was sealed. A sharp, fleeting ache reverberated within her mind, ricocheting like a sudden echo. Her ears had rung momentarily, before all at once, it halted, as if nothing had occured.

What is your name?

Thalassia fixed her gaze on the mortal with an icy stare, revealing no trace of warmth or approval. "Thalassia," she finally hissed, elongating the "s" sound with a chilling emphasis, her voice cutting through the air like a blade. Keeping him pinned with her talons, she continued to stare at him, a low rumble emanating from her throat. "And you, mortal?" Her tone dripped with disdain. He was very short, that was her first thought about him. And his hair, it resembled that of a mane. Thalassia's gaze shifted to a single lock of Zadok's hair, bound with a green ribbon. "What is the significance of this?" she inquired, her voice carrying a curious tone.

Her focus shifted abruptly, drawn by movement in her peripheral vision. She jerked her head to the side, parting her jaws and snapping at a lingering mortal without hesitation. Hissing as they scurried into the crowd, Thalassia's talons tightened around her own mortal, her chest puffing out in a display of possessiveness over the little creature. She repeated the action once more, ensuring that those surrounding her kept away. The only acceptable figure being Aýnabat, who remained near with her very own Chosen.

Yet, a sudden presence behind her stirred her irritation. Did these humans not comprehend the concept of personal space? Had her warnings fallen on deaf ears? With swift decisiveness, she withdrew her talons from her Chosen, replacing them with her tail. Wrapping it around his body, she drew him closer as her entire form pivoted, now facing the figure that had intruded behind her.

Preparing to strike, Thalassia's neck raised, her spikes raised in warning. However, as her eyes settled upon a familiar pair, her posture relaxed imperceptibly. Her grip on her Chosen loosened, her tail unwinding around her human with a subtle shift. She allowed herself a moment of quiet reflection, a glimmer of warmth and recognition in her eyes.

It had been an eternity since Thalassia last laid eyes on Zadok. Decades, perhaps even more. Time had become a blur, but Zadok remained a steadfast companion from their shared past. It was no surprise to her that he was nearby, as she knew he had formed his own bond. Still, she hadn't anticipated his appearance so soon.

Her gaze softened as she returned his grin, nodding with acknowledgement. "Zadok," she spoke, her tone warm and nostalgic. Seeing him now, she realized that she had dearly missed him, especially his visits and stories. Like she did with both her sister and Tatsuo, Thalassia extended her towards him, wrapping it gently around his arm in greeting before placing it around her human once more.

"It has been a long time."

Edited at June 16, 2024 02:55 PM by Tenebris Umbra
Burning Embers | RP ThreadJune 16, 2024 01:50 PM

Spellbound

Lightbringer

Give Award

Shikoba Dilwyn-Rima Anschutz
New Rider | Seventeen | Mentions : Ellis, Koji & Finnegan, Marina ( ind. ) The Dragons ( ind. )

Shikoba was excited by the prospects of the day, they would possibly be joining a noble profession and breaking out from the mold and expectations set by their family for them. And possibly inspire future generations of their family to do something similar. They had a gaggle of younger cousins that looked up to them and were quite interested in dragons - maybe their family would be known for something more than being fantastic entertainers and just strong warriors, sure they came from strong warriors who were known for horseback riding - yet, none had the courage to ride a beast as magnificent, or wild and untamable as a dragon. And they couldn't fathom the reluctance to do such a thing when it would be quite literally a once in a lifetime experience, and it was something their country was known for. Why be grounded when one could fly. Their eyes widened as they saw more dragons come to the Valley, each more unique than the one before it, it was very exciting. And they could feel a good buzz of energy within them as they watched the dragons arrive. Then they felt a pang of sadness, as they looked to see the spectators watch KH from afar, and children proudly looking at their parents as they got chosen - but their parents hadn't even bothered to come . . . and it drug them. And then as they watched other aheh chosen by these fantastical creatures, they felt themselves growing nervous and began fidgeting with their fingers as a manner to soothe themselves - a nervous tick.

They didn't have anyone to share this moment with, and it made their mood sour and not to mention it seems that most of the dragons were already choosing the ones they were Bonded with - and their were only a few left. Their lips pursed in an anxious manner, and they could feel their heartbeat picking up and their breathing was becoming harder to do - and that's when they heard their name being called. By an all too familiar female voice and they could feel themselves relax at the sound and they took a deep breath before a smile graced them as they turned around to look for where their friend was coming from - and they spotted her, on the tips of her toes waving at them and grinning excitedly . They gave a smile of their own and made their way over and embraced the girl, excited to see her.

" Ellis ! " they had shouted in surprise and giggled as they wrapped her in a warm embrace, " you didn't tell me you would be here for the Ceremony as well! " they said in shock and outing a bit as they weren't told. They messed with a lock of their pale colored hair. They would've said more if not for the interruption of a dragon coming towards the two. And Shikoba began shaking Ellis arm in excitement as they eyed the fiery colored beast.

Beautiful inky black scales were adorning the beast and then the tawny colored underbelly of the male surrounded by the brighter orange notes. Then the dragons wuss, they were like fire itself, they were a rich amber color though with more vermillion undertones wihj just hints of gold that make his eyes appear DK be crackling like a campfire. And then the horns that adorned him were quite beautiful as well. They couldn't believe they were setting their eyes upon suck a creature! And it lowered its head and looked at Ellis - their friend had been chosen, not them. That creeping tinge of jealously flared up again, but they wouldn't do that - they weee going to be happy for Ellis.

"I'll let you bond with your dragon. . . " they said in a softer voice than expected, " don't want to get burned to a crisp for interrupting ." They said jokingly, trying to lighten the mood.

They gave her a squeeze on the shoulder and began walking away. They aimlessly wondered and watched others interacting with their dragon. And there was some interesting situations, one was pinned down by their dragon another was surrounded within an orb of light. And then one looked to have almost been drowned by their dragon. They gave a soft sigh as they felt their mood dampening.

Would they get chosen?

Burning Embers | RP ThreadJune 16, 2024 03:21 PM

Spellbound

Lightbringer

Give Award

Coyolxauhqui
Lunar Dragon | Squad Leader's Dragon | 248 Years Old | Mentions: Avery ( telepathically) & Zadok, Zephyrus, Amhuluk, Marina (directly)

The darkly colored female was enjoying conversation with her companion when she noticed that he was distracted by the sight of Thalassia and she was interested in the story behind that. However, her attention was drawn elsewhere, to where a large dragon was lurking by the water - and he didn't look rather friendly nor excited to be there. Now, she didn't want to be one to assume the worst in others but she wasn't sure how the creature would react to meeting its human. Avery, there is a Water Dragon by the lake I'm keeping my eyes on - you might want to make your way over there in case something goes wrong she spoke to her rider through their link. And she noticed some other dragons handling their riders a bit roughly but nothing that would hurt them - maybe scare the crap out of them, but not physically hurt. She watched Zadok hiss in warning, and she gave an amused hum. She had done something similar when meeting Avery - lifting him off the ground and hovering around him. That's when she noticed the alabaster male that was Zephyrus, lingering near them. She gave a warbling chirp at the sight, and tilted her head.

"Why are you lingering back there, you're the dragon of one of the Mentors, you should be here with us. " she said with a sweet voice, inviting him to join her and Zadok. And she watched as the other male flew off to join his rider it appeared and she was going to join him, when she heard a splash of water. She quickly perked up at the sound and saw the feet of a human in the water. She let out an angry screech - one piercing and eerie - and she made a quick descent from her position, all of her lazy demeanor was gone and her pale eyes were sharp and angry.

She watched as the dragon emerged from the water with the human. And her pace quickened, and she noted it was a small girl and it appeared she was alright. Soaking wet and possibly furious, but otherwise she appeared to bee breathing. The female didn't care what the male thought, she was as big as him - and she was furious. She let out an enraged growl as she approached the pair, her fangs visible and her body drawn to her full height as gave a glare to the cerulean and yellow dragon - this dragon was already going to be on her bad list just from this action. The female got between the pair, not caring if the male became territorial - he had just proven he needed to be separated from his human for a little bit. She used her tail and wrapped around the girl, looking her over with a much softer expression.

"Are you alright dear," she said softly to the girl, checking her over for injuries, " let's get you warmed up and out of these soaking clothes. " her voice uncommonly soft.

"Now you," her voice harsh and laced with venom, her attention was fully on the Water Dragon, " why would you drag your rider to the bottom of a lake ! Humans are fragile and they can't take long periods of time under water like you can, you could have killed her or seriously injured her." She said scolding the male dragon, "you're fortunate that she seems to be a rather resilient human. You'll have your chance to have her prove her worth as your rider, but this is not that moment. On your First Ride will you get the chance to test her to your content. " she then flared out her wings a bit, " don't you ever do something like that again. " she said with a finality, "because if you do, it'll be the last thing that you do." She said with a finality that left no room for questioning what she would do.

"Do you understand?"

Edited at June 16, 2024 03:24 PM by Spellbound

Forums > Roleplay > Semi-Literate
   1   ..    2    3    4    5    6    7    8   ..   10 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us