Wolf Play : Burning Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!
Chatbox
 Dragons Blood
11:51:26 Yong-sun (he/him)
its almost 1 am for me and none my females are in labor :(

I need sleep
 Zeraphia
11:50:58 Vah was attacked
Never

Oooooh that's exciting! Have you looked at maybe equine therapy at all or do those require a different degree than the one you have?

I used to volunteer at one down in Georgia on a different volunteer trip XD

I loved it so much.
 Nevermore.
11:50:07 Never/Nev
Damn that's long >.>
 Nevermore.
11:49:47 Never/Nev
Vah

The only one in the recent generations on my father's side to not have a medical/law degree is my father himself. My brother is a anesthesiologist as is his wife, my older sister holds I think 5 or 6 law degrees to her name, and my little sister is in nursing school now. I'm sitting over in the corner with my Psych degree wondering if it's enough to make them happy lmao

I ride 6-7 days a week and I am very luckily enough to be getting the chance to ride with an old family friend in the next few years who is a professional 3-day eventer. I am dumping continuing on the psychology path to hopefully go back to school for equine. :")
 Apothecary
11:48:18 Medicinally Autistic
84 blue Jay feathers
 Continental Wolves
11:46:46 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Amor
Hmm the left big toe and the right middle toe
 Ámor
11:45:51 On haitus
@Emmet
Alright. How many toes with that?
 Continental Wolves
11:44:27 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Amor
Priority as always
 Zeraphia
11:44:11 Vah was attacked
Never

Oh absolutely! The--pfft--medical field is definitely a "run-in-the-family" thing too.

Mom is a nurse practitioner, so is uncle, another one was a nurse as well (he injured himself so he had to quit)

Sister is going to be a sonographer, brother is aiming for Neurosurgeon.

Yeah XD

I'd love to ride horses more, honestly.
 Ámor
11:43:44 On haitus
@Emmet
Ill send them to you, priority mail? Or slow snail mail?
 Continental Wolves
11:41:52 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Amor
Of course, that shouldn't have to be asked
 Nevermore.
11:40:53 Never/Nev
Vah

They offer that? :o That's amazing!

The only tradition my family has is riding horses lmao And no one has ever gotten far. And getting a degree in some sort of medical field or lawyer.
 Ámor
11:40:15 On haitus
@Emmet
Do you want my knee caps?
 Hugs4Bugs
11:40:01 Ed (he/they)
My oven just died </3

Alligator 1 bites Oven for 80 damage.
Oven sadly dies.
Alligator 1 flees successfully.
 Continental Wolves
11:38:21 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Vah
Anything and everything that seems interesting, mostly webtoons though
 Zeraphia
11:38:07 Vah was attacked
Never

Honestly through the local college/university.

My grandma(s), aunt and mom all play it. I figure I ought to continue the tradition XD
 Nevermore.
11:37:27 Never/Nev
Vah

Oooh! Nice! They really are amazing. I got my current coffee maker from there and I just adore it.

Oooh the organ huh? You can play at my funeral ;)
Where do you even find lessons for that?
 Zeraphia
11:37:22 Vah was attacked
I have an entire art gallery in the forums full of art! I generally don't pm unless they've bought something from me XD
 Pyr0M4ni@
11:36:49 Silver/Pyro/Luna
Pm
If yes
 Zeraphia
11:36:38 Vah was attacked
Emmet

Oooh what are you reading?

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Komodo Dragon : +1
Jackal : -3
Black Bear : -4
    Fall   Night  Weather:  Clear  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Semi-Literate
   1    2    3    4    5   ..   15 

Burning Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!May 27, 2022 06:06 PM

Ciao

Darkseeker

Give Award

Vivienne Moore

Rider | 17 | F | M: Open

Vivienne had lived in Ederia nearly her whole life, when she was one, her parents had moved due to her dad's work and had ended up here. Her mother had a fascination with dragons ever since they had moved here, and had always wanted to see one, yet her work and life kept her away. With word of a choosing ceremony, Vivienne thought she would check it out, not having been to one herself, she could explain the first-time experience to her mother when she returned. She had needed time away too, after feeling cooped up in the small home her family lived in. And in such close quarters, her mother was always right around the corner ready to share her excitement, it almost made Viv wish she would have come.

Today her long dark hair was pulled into a single, loose braid, and she had pulled two small strands out on either side of her head, allowing the small hair strands to frame her face. Despite her great anticipation of the day ahead, Vivienne had a complete night's rest and was able to leave on time. She had begun to make her way to the valley after she had finished getting ready, the mountains looming in the distance.

Vivienne had tried to keep her hopes low, not many would bond with a dragon today, and she didn't wan't to be let down. Despite that, she couldn't quell her excitement, she had never been up close with many dragons prior to this and was looking forward to the experience. Reaching her final destination Viv noticed others scattered about, though the first thing that drew her attention was the grassy plains ahead of her. Just at the back of the field, she could make out the faint outline of a lake, and lining the open space was a rather dense composition of trees.

No doubt the valley was gorgeous, and the beautiful sight was in addition to the great weather. A light breeze tickled the back of her neck as she scanned the area. She did expect to recognize anyone here and wasn't in the mood to meet anyone new yet. Vivienne preferred to stand a little off to the side near the tree line, out of the shadows yet away from where most would stand.

She now stood, arms crossed and stance neutral, scanning the sky high and low. Viv didn't know when the first dragons would make an appearance, but she wanted to be ready to see one the moment they showed up.

Burning Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!May 27, 2022 06:22 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
(note, I just updated it, but Lira and Terra are sisters)
Terra Wild-Heart | 17 | female | rider | M: Lira (ind), Hiroshi, Isabel (ind)
Terra woke to an empty house. Lira was already gone. Sure, it was Lira who wanted to go to the choosing ceremony, but that didn't mean she could just abandon Terra. Sighing, Terra quickly changed into some trousers and a deep blue dyed tunic. Terra strapped a leather belt across her hips, and tried for a minute to try to tame her hair. The attempt was futile, and Terra eventually just pulled her hair back in a large frizzy braid.
Terra took her time walking to the clearing. Technically, she was still ahead of schedule. Knowing Lira, Terra expected that her sister was already at the clearing. Well, Terra could be angry later.
When Terra arrived, she only saw a few other people. Very early, then. Terra couldn't see her sister, but that didn't concern her too much. It was a large clearing, Terra would find Lira eventually.
Terra approached the first person she came across, a boy about Terra's own age. He seemed calm enough, even considering where they were.
"Excuse me, my name is Terra Wild-Heart. You haven't seen my sister, by any chance, have you? She has long red hair and green eyes like mine." Was it just Terra, or did the boy look like he had just sprinted here?
But Terra's attention was wrenched away from the boy when a dragon emerged from the lake. Like the only other dragon in the clearing, she was beautiful beyond reason. Lighter blue than Terra had ever seen before, and fluid in her motions. If all dragons were like the female, Terra was going to be overwhelmed.

Edited at May 27, 2022 06:26 PM by Dark Moon
Burning Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!May 27, 2022 06:30 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

⸻「 Rinecess 」⸻

Female || Rider || 18 Years || Mentions: Open

Ooo.. do I smell gullible children?

Making her way aimlessly into an unknown area, a wide, spacious clearing. A young woman found herself standing still, glancing around, looking and observing the others that surrounded her.

The wind was.. quite relaxing to the woman's surprise, for she was expecting dying heat or the chilling winds. However, it was nice, peaceful somewhat. The sun was peaking over the horizon it seemed, reaching towards the sky, but clouds were right in its direct path. Only a few, but who knew? Maybe more clouds were to grow social in thse mere few hours, and blanket the sky with their grey, miserable attitude. Ugh. Possible cloudy day. Fun.

Groaning quietly to herself, Rin followed... whomever really, not truly wanting to be alone in this place. Who would honestly want to be alone in the middle of.. nowhere?-. There was no reason she shouldn't have felt comfortable here, she heard the oh' so great stories of this place, how the mighty beasts of this realm would choose a rider of their choice, and become bonded for a lifetime. As a little girl, Rin was so excited to experience a day such as this, now- .. meh. She could care less, as long as she wasn't stuck back at home cleaning the dishes, or making food or.. whatever wretched thing her friends would force her to do. Which honestly, is quite absurd! She is what, 18 now? And still living with her friends? She should be ashamed of herself! Tch, and them treating her like a god for saken slave... pathetic and unkind!-

Heh.

Rin smiled to herself, finding it funny that she called her friends unkind. And if anything~.. she was more of a slavemaster than those fools ever could have been. It is quite obvious she is simply using them as free rent until she cooks up enough currency to afford her own plot of land. Still.. its quite funny to her. She knows damn well she doesn't do the dishes, bake the food, do the laundry~ ha! No. She can relax at the dining table, and feast on wonderous foods while those.. pathetic fools do the housework. Hmph. So gullible.

Glancing about, Rinecess began to quickly observe other potential rider's stances, and behavior.. picking out the easy pickings. Who would be the best to shine her shoes? Who would be the best to mop her floors? One of them seemed quite.. friendly. A little too friendly- it made Rin pull her head back in displeasure. She didn't mind 'befriending' friendly people.. but if they were too friendly, ha! No.

As they walked on, there it was. The Choosing Place.

I love the creativity. Bravo.

Rolling her eyes sarcastically, Rin peered down at the valley. Green plains had covered most of the valley, all the way up to the feet of the moutains. To be honest.. it was quite indeed beautiful. Not as beautiful as what she would have expected, but it sure was beautiful. Moutains as far as you could see rose upon the horizon, the sun peaking over them.

Oh well.

Snapping her knuckles quietly to herself, the woman looked about once more, seeing as a few of the other riders were simply, chilling.

Now.. where was there.. a decently clean spot she could sit~...

Aha!

Walking over towards a moss-free boulder, Rin made her way towards it. Wiping it off with her hand, then continuing to to clap it off of her hands, Rinecess hoisted herself onto the rock, and sat there, holding her right knee up to her chest, wrapping her arm around the base of her leg. Leaning her chin onto the bone of her knee, the woman sighed.

Burning Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!May 27, 2022 06:34 PM

Spellbound

Lightbringer

Give Award

Agneya

Fire Dragon | Female | Mentions: Other Dragons, New Riders, Hiroshi

A young female dragon lay basking in the heat of the sun. She was perfectly content in staying where she was. Her residency was an oasis in the desert. She enjoyed the heat of the desert during the day but never the desert nights. The desert nights were cold and she hated the cold, but oddly enough she enjoyed cool water. The oases she inhabited seemed to have been abandoned by humans or was an old area they resided. She could tell by the small amount of scattered buildings, but those were rare, it was the wild growing crops that could only been brought by human hands. It was the zangy scent of lemons and oranges in neatly made rows that caught her attention when she first started living here. She quite enjoyed the scents, and was intrigued with how the palm trees lined around the oases provided a barrier of protection for the crops from the desert winds.

The female slinked through the vegetation and made her way to the springs that was the lifeline of the oases. She had chosen a good spot. The water wasn't too mineralized as to cause the water to be undrinkable. It was pure and fresh, and she enjoyed every sip of the water she took. She then began moving to the edge of the oases and found a nice area of sand. She rolled her body, much akin to a cat rubbing against the ground. She let sand get upon her scales, and then she shook it all off. It was what could be described as a "sand bath" one to keep bugs and parasites of her body, and for good measure she shook off a bit more. Exhaling a bit she went to the fruit trees, and began sniffing them. Gently she began plucking fruit off. She chose three oranges, and she secured them in a large palm tree leaf.

She took one last look at her home before taking off to the sky. She was careful not to drop her gift for her human. Her wings curled at the tips as she flew. The breeze was calming, and she enjoyed the feeling of the air. As she flew closer to the valley, she noticed the crowds of humans beginning to come in along with the entrances of other dragons. The female watched how some dragons found their humans, and she hoped she found hers. She had five digits which made it easier for her to "grab" and "hold" things. And she gripped the leaf containing the oranges tightly so it wouldn't spill any contents. Opening her mouth, she let out a small plume of smoke, before releasing her bright and hot fire. She weaved through her little ringlets of fire she made, and flew with a small aerial display. She was not using all of her fire reserves at once just to show off. After her small display, she fell something pulling her. And she gently landed following the pull.

She decided to carry the leaf with her mouth now, so she didn't squash the oranges. She soon found that where the pull was the strongest, an water dragon was near. She felt her eyes sharpen at the sight of the dragon. She was coming near her human. Now, as a Fire Dragon she was territorial. And he was in the way of her "territory" that was her Rider. She noticed a boy , one with spiky brown hair and warm, hazel eyes brown eyes that was gawking at the female Water Dragon (in her fantasy as he clearly ignored the dragon) . He was her human. Agneya felt a pang of jealously rise within her chest as she observed the girl gawking at the male dragon in awe. Her human should be looking at her like that, not that dragon. Slowly she made her way to the boy, and flapped her wings a bit to get of the ground, and she used her hindlegs to securly pick up the male, and fly a bit off with her. She felt the bond between then begin to form, and snap into place. She didn't fly too far from the human he was with, but a short distance away from them so she wouldn't have to display her territorial behavior or be in the way of other dragons. She carefully set her human down, and made sure he didn't fall over.

Hello boy, her voice purred through the mindlink, my apologies if I startled you. My name is Agneya and I am your dragon. I bring fruits of the desert as a gift for you. And she set down the leaf, to reveal the three oranges. Agneya hoped the young boy liked the gift.

She felt her tail curl around the area of the girl in a possessive manner. Agneya was not in the mood of letting anyone near, and if anyone did they would be getting a slap from her spiked tail. She was bonding with her human and she pitied the soul of the person if they tried to interrupt them. Her eyes were on her human, taking in every detail of him.

Burning Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!May 27, 2022 06:57 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

Hiroshi Evergreen||Rider||Male||17||M: Terra & Agneya

Hiroshi turn to see a female once he heard her question. He said "No i haven't sorry." He decided it may be a good idea to talk with someone. Hiroshi said "What is your name? My names Hiroshi Evergreen."

He looked around and asked "Have you seen a dragon or two yet?" Hiroshi wondered if he would be chosen by and dragon or not. He looked over to the lake wondering when the ceremony will start. Hiroshi sighed and spotted a female water dragon.

She was beautiful he thought as he stare in awe. Soon a dragon grabbed him and he was in shock. He noticed that the dragon was a fire dragon. Hiroshi smiled and said "Im Hiroshi." He scanned the valley real quick then looked at Agneya agian.

-------

Isabel||Female||Water dragon||90||M: Terra, Hiroshi(ind), Agneya(Ind)

Isabel looked around because she felt her rider but more on instict. She head up to a girl who was talking to a boy not uncommon. Isabel walked straight up to the female towering over her. She noticed a fire dragon come in and take the boy but she didn't really care.

Isabel sighed at the idea a fire dragon was as rude as this. She stared Terra in the eyes scanning for anything at all like fear or anciety. She the used her tail and whipped it back and forth. She wanted to test Terra.

Edited at May 27, 2022 07:12 PM by Icewing
Burning Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!May 27, 2022 07:04 PM

Spellbound

Lightbringer

Give Award

Mircea Crylor | 17 | Male | Mentions: Hartley, Roxanne, Other Riders (Briefly)

A young man groaned annoyed. His little cousin was taking forever to hurry up. Mircea began pacing back and forth with his hands on his hips in annoyance - they were going to be late and miss out on the dragons. He anxiously tugged the satchel at his side, and gave a long sigh.

"Hartley, I am going on ahead since you're taking so long. Byeee." He said teasing his younger cousin, knowing it would cause him to get ready quicker, "And you better not look like a mess or I'm disowning you!" he added at the last moment.

The young man was dressed rather nice for the ceremony. He wore a simple white blouse with frilled arms. A pair of rather snug fitting pants (his mother had insisted he accentuate his waist) and they had a golden chain dangling from the loops to the pocket. He wore a pair of rather nice black leather boots with golden accents that looked well kept. They were his father's and he definitely wanted to wear them. He had a slight bit of make-up on - just simple eyeliner and a dust of gold eyeshadow. His nails were painted black and well manicured, not to mention his golden earrings - gifts from his mother . And he wore a simple necklace around his neck that held a simple ruby stone on a golden chain. His hair was wild today as he hadn't had the chance to straighten it or go to a hairdresser. So it was in a messy updo, with the top in a curly bun with the rest of his coily locs flowing around him. He thought it was overkill, but making a good impression with looks was important. And he didn't care if others thought he was a prat.

The young man began walking at a steady pace towards the area where the ceremony was taking place. He wasn't necessarily nervous, but more so his interests was piqued by the academy. Not to mention his legacy - his father was an honorable Rider who died with merits in the war. Not to mention his older brother who was a Rider himself, and he knew of other members of his family who worked with or around dragons. So it wasn't a new subject to him, rather something he was obsessed with. He was quite happy to be attending this academy and looked forward to learning and soaring high above the clouds and sky. A small smile graced his features, a rare feature on his face indeed. But it quickly vanished as he arrived at his destination.

His face was his usual neutral expression. His eyes carefully calculating who he passed - noting a girl that looked quick suspicious and one that would irritate him and he watched as she sat on a boulder. She then noted more riders a spiky hair boy, and a frizzy haired girl - no one interesting. Then someone stood out, she had rather darker skin and nice hair. He squinted his eyes as he stopped in his tracks. It was like seeing a ghost.
He calmly sped walk over to the person, how he moved quickly in his heeled boots - he would never know. But his expression turned to one of shock as he looked at the person in front of him. It truly was her! Memories began gathering in his head: quiet nights playing chess, wild adventures and mishaps. Then she disappeared. But now she was back, and here at the academy. This was truly a special moment.

"Roxanne? Is that you?" He said rather shocked and took in her features. A scowl appearing as he noted the scar on her face, what the hell or who the hell gave that to her? Looked like he had someone to add to his hate list. But the scowl disappeared as he awaited her response.

Burning Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!May 27, 2022 07:56 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
Terra Wild-Heart | 17 | female | rider | M: Lira (ind), Hiroshi, Isabel, Agneya (in passing)
Terra tried to keep the disappointment off her face when the boy said he didn't know her sister. "Well, it was a pleasure meeting you anyway, Hiroshi. I'm Terra Wild-Heart. Over there are a few..." Terra drifted off as the female water dragon came closer. It seemed like the dragoness had eyes only for Terra. Beautiful, green eyes.
Terra was so distracted by the water dragoness that she didn't hear as another dragon divebombed and grabbed Hiroshi, flying him off to a different section on the clearing. More out of instinct than anything, Terra crouched and covered her head with her arms as the flying dragon swooped down.
When Terra opened her eyes, the water dragoness was right in front of her. Terra felt a strange, prickly sensation in her brain, and felt, what could only be described as a mental door. Well, it was some sort of connection, at least, between her and the dragoness. Terra wasn't quite sure what to do, but introducing herself seemed like a good guess.
"I am Terra Wild-Heart, it is a pleasure to meet you." Terra dipped her head in a slight bow. The dragoness started swishing her tail in a predatory manner, and while Terra was certain the dragoness could kill Terra easily, she wasn't afraid. Perhaps it was this new bond, or just Terra's thick-headedness, but she knew the dragoness wouldn't hurt her.
Terra reached out a hand, hesitating politely so the dragoness could decide weather or not she wanted to be pet.

Edited at May 27, 2022 07:59 PM by Dark Moon
Burning Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!May 27, 2022 08:46 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Cernunnos Capakan
Earth Dragon | Male | Mentions: Riders

Beneath the surface of the valley, hidden away within his most recent tunnel, a creature of more reptillian appear rested quietly. The only sound emitting from the Earth dragon was the gentle drone of his snores. He had arrived sometime the night before, his instincts telling him he needed to be there, but traveling was slow for him, so he had put in the effort not to be late. Not to mention he wanted the best seat in the house: below.

It wasn't until soft thumps vibrated through the dirt above him that Cernunnos began to stir, his eyes blinking heavily as he awoke. At first it was distant, but as the grouping of young adults approached, he noticed more and more sets of feet moving around.

"Is it that time already?" He asked to himself, a yawn opening his jaws widely afterwards to reveal rows of sharp, serrated teeth, much like a shark's. He snapped his jaws back together with an audible clunk, something that would have been muffled by the ground above him, but not completely omitted if someone was standing close enough.

Shifting his weight around the long-bodied dragon lifted to his feet and eyed the surrounding dirt. He didn't feel like wasting his acid spit, just in case it was needed, since dragons could be territorial and aggressive. So, he instead rolled his shoulders before propelling them into the ground above and essentially wiggling back and forth. The compacted dirt of the tunnel ceiling loosened, some falling on him, and he angled his body as he began to burrow forward, towards the surface.

After a short period of time, and minimal effort really, the male pushed his head from the ground, eyes peering around quietly. Everything was relatively blurry to him, but he could make out a few things. For one, there were other dragons already here, a couple of water and at least one fire, though the likelihood that others were in the area was high. The next was that there were young adults all grouped to his left, majority of them no doubt waiting nervously for what was to happen.

Shrugging softly to himself, Cernunnos pulled himself from the hole in the ground, and shook himself free of the loose dirt clinging to his sandy hide. His muscular tail swung slightly behind him before slamming into the ground with a powerful thud as he finished his shake. He clicked his jaws together a few times and then lazily moved so that he was sprawled out comfortably in the sun.

Should he have started sifting through the mounds of humans to find his? Perhaps. But curiosity, and some laziness, got the better of him, and he decided to see who would approach him instead.
Burning Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!May 27, 2022 08:58 PM

Ciao

Darkseeker

Give Award

Brontes

Water | 250 | M | M: Nico, and others[indirectly]

Ah, the choosing ceremony. A time for celebration as the joyous occasion brought new bonded pairs together. For Brontes it was also a time of reflection, it was a bit odd for the dragon, he was one to stay in the present, but today brought back many memories. The day Brontes and Nico had their choosing ceremony, Brontes had been lurking in the river. Just sitting among the weeds at the bottom of the river bed. He was blowing puffs of air out of his nostrils and watching as the rings floated to the surface, Brontes didn't really want to leave the water and was debating making his human find him, but eventually realized that wasn't possible.

Now he normally was not one for dramatics, however, this was a special occasion. Brontes had burst from the water, launching a good 10 feet in the air, and landed on the ground, letting out a loud dominant screech. He proceeded to stomp, which, unfortunately, came across as a less intimidating version of a waddle, over to his human. He had felt the bond become stronger the closer he got, and had eventually spotted Nico.

From there Brontes had puffed out his frills, let out a deep grumble, and shook himself off. Unsure if he had accidentally sprayed his human, he stared the tiny creature down and lowered his head to meet his gaze. Brontes had stopped inches from the boy's face and let a puff of air out, in an attempt to blowback his hair and see his entire face. It was not long after this, that their bond snapped in place. But to his dismay, Nico had just cracked a half-smile at him. Mission failed.

With that Brontes had proceeded to try and drop Nico, not once, but twice during their first flight in order to try and strike some fear into the boy. He couldn't tell if it had worked since he couldn't see his expression during the ride, though in the end, they turned out to be a strongly bonded pair. He wouldn't choose a different rider.

Returning to the present, the large Dragon stood perched from his spot out of view. Soon those below would experience a bond, though all dragons had a different way of first impressions. Some avoided their future rider, while others attempted to intimidate them, and some even brought gifts. Seeing it again as others experienced it for the first time made the dragon break from his normal grump state, and relax a little. Today would be interesting.

Burning Embers | Dragon & Rider Rp | Open!May 27, 2022 09:15 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Nicodemus Brooks
Squad Leader | Dragon Rider | Male | Mentions: Brontes, Dragons & Riders [Ind.]

"They say dragons have been arriving since last night," a tall figure spoke as he walked up from behind Brontes. He didn't fear the dragon's reaction though as he approached, truly he had no reason to being as how he was the dragon's rider. They had arrived together, and Nicodemus had only parted briefly to speak quickly with one of the Academy leaders that had arrived with the new potential students.

He reached out and gently patted Brontes' neck before stepping wards to kneel down and peer out at the cluster of young adults that had entered the area. "They have hope of it being a decent sized group this year," he murmured, his baritone vocals low and mildly uninterested. "I can see four as of right now," he motioned before shifting to sit on his rump, one leg dangling off the little spot the pair was resting on, and the other brought up near his chest.

He was to be the leader of the riders who were chosen today, and while Nicodemus liked the position, though he'd prefer higher, he wasn't entire sure how he felt about helping to train a bunch of snot nosed teenagers. He remembered how bad his class was, he doubted this one would be any different.

Below them he could pick out a few familiar faces, but it meant little to him right now. Most in the kingdom who were of age had been brought to the valley, so it would make sense that he would recognize some of them. He was certain his own half-brother was down there, but it truly meant nothing to Nicodemus until they were chosen as a rider.

He glanced up at Brontes and snorted softly. "I haven't been back here in years," he murmured, remembering the two's bond like it was yesterday. Brontes had done his best to come off as intimidating, and to anyone else he probably was, but all Nicodemus could feel was an odd sensation of joy when the water dragon had approached him. There were few things up til that point that gave Nicodemus that feeling, and to this day Brontes was one of the only ones left who still brought joy to his life, even if he didn't always see it.

"Thinking about trading me in for a younger model, Brontes?" He joked slightly, allowing his walls come down for a moment with the only one he'd ever allow them to. Brontes was really the only one who ever got to see Nico in his more relaxed and laid back state. There was no keeping anything from the water dragon, so Nico just didn't even try anymore.

Forums > Roleplay > Semi-Literate
   1    2    3    4    5   ..   15 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us