Wolf Play : Desert Wars | Lion Rp | Open!
Chatbox
 Dragons Blood
11:51:26 Yong-sun (he/him)
its almost 1 am for me and none my females are in labor :(

I need sleep
 Zeraphia
11:50:58 Vah was attacked
Never

Oooooh that's exciting! Have you looked at maybe equine therapy at all or do those require a different degree than the one you have?

I used to volunteer at one down in Georgia on a different volunteer trip XD

I loved it so much.
 Nevermore.
11:50:07 Never/Nev
Damn that's long >.>
 Nevermore.
11:49:47 Never/Nev
Vah

The only one in the recent generations on my father's side to not have a medical/law degree is my father himself. My brother is a anesthesiologist as is his wife, my older sister holds I think 5 or 6 law degrees to her name, and my little sister is in nursing school now. I'm sitting over in the corner with my Psych degree wondering if it's enough to make them happy lmao

I ride 6-7 days a week and I am very luckily enough to be getting the chance to ride with an old family friend in the next few years who is a professional 3-day eventer. I am dumping continuing on the psychology path to hopefully go back to school for equine. :")
 Apothecary
11:48:18 Medicinally Autistic
84 blue Jay feathers
 Continental Wolves
11:46:46 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Amor
Hmm the left big toe and the right middle toe
 Ámor
11:45:51 On haitus
@Emmet
Alright. How many toes with that?
 Continental Wolves
11:44:27 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Amor
Priority as always
 Zeraphia
11:44:11 Vah was attacked
Never

Oh absolutely! The--pfft--medical field is definitely a "run-in-the-family" thing too.

Mom is a nurse practitioner, so is uncle, another one was a nurse as well (he injured himself so he had to quit)

Sister is going to be a sonographer, brother is aiming for Neurosurgeon.

Yeah XD

I'd love to ride horses more, honestly.
 Ámor
11:43:44 On haitus
@Emmet
Ill send them to you, priority mail? Or slow snail mail?
 Continental Wolves
11:41:52 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Amor
Of course, that shouldn't have to be asked
 Nevermore.
11:40:53 Never/Nev
Vah

They offer that? :o That's amazing!

The only tradition my family has is riding horses lmao And no one has ever gotten far. And getting a degree in some sort of medical field or lawyer.
 Ámor
11:40:15 On haitus
@Emmet
Do you want my knee caps?
 Hugs4Bugs
11:40:01 Ed (he/they)
My oven just died </3

Alligator 1 bites Oven for 80 damage.
Oven sadly dies.
Alligator 1 flees successfully.
 Continental Wolves
11:38:21 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Vah
Anything and everything that seems interesting, mostly webtoons though
 Zeraphia
11:38:07 Vah was attacked
Never

Honestly through the local college/university.

My grandma(s), aunt and mom all play it. I figure I ought to continue the tradition XD
 Nevermore.
11:37:27 Never/Nev
Vah

Oooh! Nice! They really are amazing. I got my current coffee maker from there and I just adore it.

Oooh the organ huh? You can play at my funeral ;)
Where do you even find lessons for that?
 Zeraphia
11:37:22 Vah was attacked
I have an entire art gallery in the forums full of art! I generally don't pm unless they've bought something from me XD
 Pyr0M4ni@
11:36:49 Silver/Pyro/Luna
Pm
If yes
 Zeraphia
11:36:38 Vah was attacked
Emmet

Oooh what are you reading?

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Komodo Dragon : +1
Jackal : -3
Black Bear : -4
    Fall   Night  Weather:  Clear  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Semi-Literate
   1   ..    3    4    5    6 

Desert Wars | Lion Rp | Open!December 1, 2021 12:40 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Gazini
Ukufa Lion | Dominant Male | Mentions: Other Lions [ind], Titilayo

An unwelcome figure moved quietly across the plains belonging to one of the pride's his coalition was currently scouting out. Atypical to his normal behavior, Gazini was by himself, choosing to prowl around the area unaccompanied by the members of his group, even his brother and fellow lead, Kumar.

It was unusual to see the male by himself, but he had his reasons for it today. At a glance, the male could come off rather unassuming, almost unthreatening in comparison to other males. He didn't have the big, lush mane of his brother, nor his complete height either. Yet, the male was able to compete with the best of them, still heavy as a male with the malice and lack of moral compass to par. There were few out there, at least that they had come across, who rivaled the male's sheer aggression and undiscriminating violence. In his mind, he was the perfect one to send in alone. Capable of defending himself well, but also just as capable as getting an easy pass and being "chased off" and "sent on his way".

Ears flicked as the male paused, a familiar low sound rolled across the territory. It was the call of a female, a lioness, to what Gazini could only assume were the males of the pride, likely one being the King. He had made sure to travel in a way that always ended with him being down wind and out of sight of the patrolling crew, only entering the territory after he knew the males had passed. He did not yet wish to show his cards, it would be better to sneak in and out unnoticed. But with the pride active and busy, it hadn't been hard for him to avoid them.

A soft yawn played from the male's lips as he moved in a lazy manner. He didn't walk incredibly quickly or with purpose, more so meandering about as if lost. That was until a particular enticing sound caught his attention and his head swiveled to the side.

The male had to pause and blink at the sight a bit away, not quite fully believing what he was seeing. Near by at a water hole, seemingly unaware of it's surroundings, and whom was occupying them, was a young cub. Not so young as to be newly born, but not old enough to be mistaken for an adult either. She, if he had to guess by the vocal tones he could hear and lack of sprouting mane, was hopping from boulder to boulder in the water, trying desperately not to fall in. Soft giggling filled the air like song, and Gazini found himself instrinctively lowering to the ground, muscles rippling as he slunk towards the unsuspecting cub.

What was a cub, of all things, doing out here unaccompanied?

Growling softly to himself, the male circled around the watering hole, eyes locked on the form of the cub. His tail lashed behind him as he hunkered closer to the ground. This was an easy kill, a meal, a message, he could send to the pride. He doubted she would so much as let out a peep by the time he had her in his jaws and had drained the life out of her. All he had to do was wait for the right moment...
Desert Wars | Lion Rp | Open!December 1, 2021 01:10 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Titilayo
Desert Pride | Cub | Female | Mentions: Desert Pride [ind], Her Mother [ind], Gazini

The small female had done exactly what she had told herself she wasn't going to do: completely and totally wander off. She hadn't meant to go far from where her mother and the pride had left her and told her to stay. She had merely meant to venture out a little and come back, intent on abiding by her mother's orders thus avoiding any trouble. Unfortunately, Ti had reached the age of just not knowing when she had exercised too much curiosity.

See, what had happened was, she had wandered out a bit, thinking she could reach the near by watering hole. However, after a little bit, she discovered it was much further away than she had originally thought. So, she then focused on finding something else to do, which resulted in her locating a small bird. It had nothing to fear from the tiny huntress, she much to slow and uncoordinated to present much threat to it, but still, she had tried. She chased it for a good several minutes, trying to do her best to pounce on it, only to end up with a paw full of dirt.

Then, once the bird had flown away, she had spied a family of warthogs, the little piglettes romping and running about, chasing one another with noisy glee. She had watched them for a bit, only to get distracted once more but a buzzing bug. She chased it endlessly trying to end the annoying nose whenever it hovered by her ears. Again, though, she had little success in doing so, only managing to successfully knock it, and herself, into the watering hole she had reached.

It was then that she knew she had gone too far, but, she wasn't sure how to get back home from there. She didn't know exactly where she had come from, so she thought it best she stay. Surely she would see someone from her pride soon, and they could take her to her mother. She had mulled and cried slightly over the idea of disappointing and upsetting her mother, even making her worry, but she had eventually, and quite quickly, gotten over that and set out for a new game.

This one, though, had her remain at the watering hole. She decided she would practice her pouncing on the boulders within and around the watering hole. She would pounce from one to another, trying not to slip and fall in. Every good pounce was a successful hunt, every time she fell, it was a failed one. The little lioness practiced and practiced for what felt like hours, completely unaware of anything going around her.

In fact, it wasn't until she had leapt at a larger boulder, this one bigger than any of the males in her pride. She was determined. This was it, this was the big one. She would take this boulder down.

Crouching down, her little leg muscles bunching as tight as they could, she then propelled herself forward in a mighty leap! The small female soared through the air and abruptly slammed into the rock, and dramatically slid down into the water, paws scrambling to get a foothold as she did.

Flopping ungracefully into the water below, the small huntress sat up with a sputter, a small cry leaving her lips as she did. Shaking her head, the water clearing from her vision, she wrinkled her nose slightly. Had it always been so stinky? A low, guttural bellow caught her attention as the water around her sloshed, the boulder before her rising up and turning towards her with a snort.

An angry gust of breath washed over her face, and horror stretched across her features as the beast in front of her slammed a hoof the size of her head into the water in front of her, horns swaying with aggression. She had heard the stories of these creatures, water buffalo her mother had called them. She knew one thing about them: they were scary. Completely terrifying and capable of backing that up ferociously.

In a rush fueled by adrenaline, the feline scrambled to her paws and away from the beast just in time to avoid the horns being thrust at her. She splashed across the watering hole, heading for the nearest tall boulder, hoping it's height would protect her. A fearful whimper vibrated in her as she reached the boulder and jumped, trying to launch herself onto it's top. Unfortunately, her legs were just a bit too short for her to jump onto it from the ground, and she slid back into the water hopelessly.

Crying softly to herself, the sound choking in her throat, the little lioness continued to jump at the side of the boulder, trying to push and claw her way to the top of it. Her efforts were to no avail as she slid back into the water again, the sound of hooves splashing behind her pulling her attention over her shoulder. The massive beast thundered towards her, bellowing with rage as if the tiny cub was as great of a threat as a whole pride was.

With eyes widening and her breathing becoming quicker, the small lioness pressed into the side of the rock, wishing right then she was back with the pride and with her mother. She wished the cool, hard side of the rock was the warm and soft side of her mother. Tucking her head against her chest and turning away from her impending death, she let out a soft, choked sound that was muffled by the sound of hooves.

A thunderous roar erupted beside the cub, and her head whipped up towards it, hope gliding into her eyes like an infectious disease. "Mama?" She voiced, her head lifting to look as a blurr of tan slammed into the hooven creature, a bellowed snarl matching it's own.

"Leave her alone!" The lion now in front of her growled, his vocals followed by a guttural growl that made the cub flinch. She watched intensed, unable to look away, as the unknown savior pulled the angry herbivore's attention away from her and on to him. Fear entranced her as the lion swatted, growled, and bit at the beast. At one point she saw him pounce onto the buffalo's hind quarters (her pounces were easily better fyi), his sheer momentum and strength pulling it down into the water for a moment. She gasped as it staggered back up, threw it's head once more, before turning to flee from the male lion.

Silently she sat there, the cold water soaking her to the bone and causing her to shiver. All she could hear passed the roaring of her own heart in her ears was the sound of the unkown lion's panting breath.

"Are you okay, kid?" A deep voice spoke, and it took her a moment to nod in response.
Desert Wars | Lion Rp | Open!December 1, 2021 02:19 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
Aarde
Desert Pride || Warrior || Male || Mentions: Araali,Koen
Indirectly Mentions: The Pride
Aarde followed behind the two males, close enough to barely hear their conversation. He'd been tasked to follow the males on patrol, which outwardly he hated, inwardly he couldn't help but be relieved.
The constant anxiety of something new and dangerous lurking outside the prides borders when he couldn't see them lingered and festered in his mind like a bug, sucking at his brain leaving him a mess. He hadn't told anyone this however, he'd never admit to any weakness, let alone fear.
Aarde pricked his ears at the sudden stop of the kings words. He followed the males gaze to toward the border, the Ridge Pride. Aarde could feel the sudden change in the air, sudden tension. He felt his whole body tense, as he felt what the king spoke of. Something wasn't right.
Aarde knew he didn't have as much on the line as the other males did, he didn't have a mate or cubs, but that didn't mean he didn't care. He didn't want anyone getting hurt. Aarde followed closely to the other males, silently but swiftly making their way to the border. Maybe they'd feel better if they could just see the rest of the pride.
Desert Wars | Lion Rp | Open!December 1, 2021 08:21 PM

Mother

Darkseeker

Give Award

Kovanu || Ridge Pride || King || M: Pride (Ind), Ethan

As Crixus melted away, Kovanu began strategizing. There were many possible outcomes of a confrontation with the other pride, especially if the lionesses had the males with them. Kovanu and Ethan would not be able to do much damage by themselves, let alone steal an entire carcass-- his attention was snatched by his brother's sudden alert, and Kovanu flicked his head in the direction Ethan was gesturing.

The dust had settled.

The alarmed cries of the wildebeest herd died down, assuring the king that the Desert Pride's hunt had concluded. They'd probably killed something, then. He chewed his lower lip and narrowed his eyes in contemplation, one ear turning to take in his brother's words. With a rumble akin to a purr, Kovanu lightly shouldered the other male and nodded.

"The brush would be good," he agreed, the relief and gratitude clear in his voice. That way, he could save his eyesight for when he really needed it at its highest strength. Gah, maybe he would talk to Acantha about implementing night patrols. He was a lot more use in the dark.

Kovanu moved himself under the trees, and his whiskers twitched with satisfaction. The riparian environment in the area provided much-welcomed shade, even if it was the dryer season. The bare branches still shielded more of him than grass did, and he'd take what he could get. As he moved forward, he murmured, "I think we should wait to make a move until Acantha comes with aid. Even if we approach as dignitaries not looking for a fight, they will see one coming. The element of surprise may be better here, as we are downwind."

Desert Wars | Lion Rp | Open!December 1, 2021 09:46 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
Ethan | Male | Second Male | Ridge Pride | Mentions: Kovanu, Desert Pride, Acantha, Ridge Pride, Crixus.
Ethan unsheathed his claws, each dug into the sandy substance of earth beneath him, he was itching for some action, but he knew the higher ups would turn down his initiative. But he supposed destruction wouldn't do much good, he was quickly brought out of his destructive mindset by the words the King. The relief in his tones made Ethan feel like he had done something right, and it felt right, but he would never let it show that he was comforted by the King's word. Well, he is my little brother..
Ethan glanced at his brother, clearly moving under the cover of brush and trees now. He followed shortly behind Kovanu, crouched low, his stomach touched the ground. He obviously knew that he didn't have to crouch that low, he just did it because it felt more comfortable.
Kovanu spoke quieter then he would've thought needed, but he made no comment. Waiting for Acantha will certainly be of great help, but I can only hope the lioness is quick. "The advantage we have here is better then out there, surprise, and if we wait, we'll have the Queen to help." He matched Kovanu with a low, rythmic rumble. "I do think we should get closer, that way we can catch up with our pride. Knowing the queen, she's probably brought the entirety of the pride and not just the huntresses." I highly doubt that we will need all of them, but we will need more advantages if we want to beat a pride of tough beasts. Ethan crept forward slowly, they hadn't gotten much closer to the Desert Pride's hunting party, at this distance they would only see their pride, once it had reached the kill. His head lifted as he heard a roar, or rather a call. Ethan recognized that a female had made the call, but he understood, the Queen must be calling for protection while they ate. "You heard that right?" His tone was baring down on the whisper, but not quite. It was definitely not loud enough to be heard by anyone at the range of the Desert Pride. Ethan stared back at the pale cat behind him, awaiting an instruction from the King, he knew he shouldn't go ahead without permission, but it seemed smartest. He kept himself under lock and key, he wouldn't ruin the battle, especially after disrespecting his queen, in front of her mate. He could only hope that Crixus wouldn't tattletail on him.

Forums > Roleplay > Semi-Literate
   1   ..    3    4    5    6 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us