Zeraphia
07:46:24 Vah stalks forums
Boe

... I feel annoying XD
 Boeing
07:41:59 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Zera
You aren't lol
Sometimes I honestly forget or I just procrastinate and I need someone to tell me to not
 Arachne
07:41:35 Ara/Kat
paws? :3
-WP Click-
 Zeraphia
07:38:21 Vah stalks forums
Yup!

I'm a little distracted with the game that my dad put on.
 Gallifrey Falls
07:33:45 Allons-y / Myth
Ok
 Zeraphia
07:33:11 Vah stalks forums
Myth

It doesn't do anything it's just how many generations your wolf is. (How many parents/grandparents the wolf has)
 Gallifrey Falls
07:32:21 Allons-y / Myth
Does Generation both anything?
 Apothecary
07:31:59 Medicinally Autistic
Just edited my den page, gotta finish editing it though.
 Gallifrey Falls
07:31:26 Allons-y / Myth
Ok thanks
 Zeraphia
07:30:56 Vah stalks forums
Myth

12 IRL days! Each season is 3 irl days
 Vennenum
07:30:49 Venn/Venne
Same as real life.
12 WP months = 1 WP Year.
1 RL day = 1 WP month.

So every 12 days is a new year.
 Anxiety
07:30:48 ancient as hell
12 days, 3 days a season :)
 Gallifrey Falls
07:30:15 Allons-y / Myth
How long is a year on WP?
 Zeraphia
07:30:05 Vah stalks forums
Boe

XD i don't want to be a burden or anything.
 Boeing
07:29:01 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Zera
You say that all the time. I do it anyways XD
 Zeraphia
07:28:33 Vah stalks forums
Boe

XDD you don't have to.
 Boeing
07:28:20 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Zera
I can write something lol
 Zeraphia
07:28:07 Vah stalks forums
I kind of want to write but at the same time, my head hurts too much to do any in my book.
 Tech
07:26:50 
Zera
Same

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Badger : +3
Copperhead : -4
Mojave Green Rattler : +5
    Winter   Night  Weather:  Clear  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Literate
   1   ..    2    3    4    5    6 

The Last Remaining - Literate WolfDecember 31, 2021 10:05 PM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award

Callidora
Female || Three || Mentions: Choenyi, Nekti, Peony, Avis, Acesco, Neziton, Yalina

Callidora had been one of the last to arrive at the carcass, having trailed behind to keep watch over her sister and the others. She refused to have her back turned to Avis and Peony just yet. The female wished to watch them at all times. Peony especially, at least the other had Choenyi bothering him, but Peony. She didn't trust him. He was so secretive with his name and who he was. Where did he come from? Did he have his own pack? If so, why did he leave? Which direction did he reside in? On and on her thoughts circled around her, observing his frame before a sudden approach of footsteps ceased her thinking and-

There it was again. Cauliflower.

"Don't call me Cauliflower," she barked back at Acesco in a gruff manner, tail thrashing behind her as a frown formed. "Pah, wait until he gives you a name. We'll see who'll be teasing who then." Callidora made her own joke, only she wasn't very good with them. Her form of a tease had come out rather strangled. She only hoped Acesco would realize she meant no harm, the only indication being her softened tone and relaxed figure. Taking his words in, she nodded, mentioning Yalina once more. "She does seem better," Callidora added on. Her eyes stared at him for a moment before she broke away. "I'm glad you two did that," she muttered, pushing aside her pride for a moment. Inhaling, she hesitated. "Perhaps.. if there's another nice day soon.. I suppose.. you two could do it again." It was clear in her tone that Acesco had earned a bit of her trust. While she would never allow Yalina out of her eyesight for an entire day, an hour or two wouldn't do any harm. He had proven himself capable, and truly, that was all Callidora needed.

Opening her mouth to excuse herself with a final nod, she paused, noting he continued to speak about herself and Nekti. Them? The most capable wolves? Sure, but they wouldn't be able to do it without the others. "Everybody helps in their own way. It's a group effort," was all she responded to that comment, shrugging, though appreciating his words. Scrutinizing Acesco for a moment, Callidora continued. "You don't give yourself enough credit." It was perhaps the first compliment she had ever given the healer, but what could she say? She was in a good mood. Averting her gaze quickly, she glanced to Choenyi. Callidora had never seen the older female like that either, but oddly enough, it was.. nice to witness. She was always so stuffy and strict, but this was another side of Choenyi that Callidora had never seen..

"I always keep an eye out," she suddenly said, turning back to Acesco with a narrowed look. Clamping her mouth shut as he continued rambling, her head raised. He wasn't capable of keeping an ear out? Whatever that meant, she ignored it, despite having her suspicious. Then again, she could practically feel the stress radiating off of him. Something was off, and while Callidora believed she understood his meaning, she didn't show it. "I'll watch out for you and the others. Why don't you.. try to relax?" Nervous? Oh, he was certainly more than nervous. He was the walking embodiment of that emotion itself. Turning away, Callidora refocused, peering over Acesco as he continued.

Where was her sister?

"Oh, for.." She nudged Acesco's blocking frame aside for a moment, releasing a breath at having seen Yalina near Nekti. Feeling content, she returned her attention to the healer. He still looked rather timid, as if the tiniest noise would send him skyrocketing with fright. "Acesco," she began, "as somebody that cares, go relax and eat." If the healer didn't catch the hint, Callidora was practically shooing his skittish self away, only to watch as he headed for Yalina. She only hoped he wouldn't make her sister nervous with his jittering self. Blowing out a puff of breath, the female turned to the carcass for a moment, inspecting it and circling it once before raising her head again, only to pause.

Yalina wasn't where she stood moments ago. In fact, she was nowhere to be found. Callidora was gazing around, eyes narrowing at the sudden disappearance of her sister. She was just there. Releasing a scoff, the female shook her coat out. Yalina certainly seemed stronger on the small journey here. Her pace had increased and she had managed to keep up with them. It was impressive. It could only mean that she was getting better. Naturally, this put Callidora in a good mood, though it still didn't stop her from trying to search for her sister. On the way up, she had watched her. However, the moment her eyes slipped away, her sister vanished. Typical.

It was proving difficult to concentrate with a sudden sound buzzing in her ear. She had heard the speaking of Neziton, like a fly whizzing around. On he went asking his question, only to begin having a conversation with himself. A tsk sounded from Callidora when he mentioned that he didn't see much of a pack. "Just because we're trying to figure things out doesn't make us less of a pack." One would think he offended her personally from the way she responded, sentence curt and rapidly spoken. She despised the way everyone spoke of them. Peony mentioned them being weakling, and now this? These were difficult times. They had lost many. A moment of weakness was allowed. A moment of weakness was justified.

She didn't bother engaging any further, now focusing on the carcass rather than finding her sister. Teeth surrounding a lengthy piece of meat, she tugged on it, a soft ripping noise sounding as she yanked the chunk off. Callidora didn't know where her sister was, but she planned on finding her. By the time she returned, she feared all the good pieces would have been eaten, and she couldn't have that. So, she would collect some food first, then find Yalina. It was a solid plan. A good one, even.

On she went, tugging at pieces and making a pile, including her own portion within it. Yalina needed to eat. She needed to get better, and if that meant sacrificing her own section, so be it. The more her sister ate, the better. Finished with her little action, Callidora smacked her lips, tongue swiping over her muzzle. Head raising, the female began to sweep her eyes around in search for her sister, only to lock eyes with Nekti. Blinking, she kept his stare, rather surprised in the moment that he was so focused upon her. Slowly, she broke eye contact before her eyes snapped back onto him, noticing his stare remained and that it wasn't, indeed, a mistake. Anybody knew that when Nekti faced another, one's sole attention should be put onto him. So, Callidora did not break his gaze a second time. She didn't show any form of reaction, that is, until he spoke.

Ears hoisted upwards and eyes widening for a moment at the words he uttered, she nearly asked him to repeat himself, believing she heard wrong. It wasn't uncommon for Nekti to compliment another, sure, but it was nearly an honour to receive one from him yourself, at least in her eyes. And he had just complimented her. "Thank you," she finally managed to push out after a moment of silence, her tone holding appreciation. What was going on? First Acesco, now Nekti? The sudden attention was odd, but their words were.. relieving in a sense, like a breath of fresh air. Others acknowledged her part in everything, and that meant something to her. Once more, pride swelled up within her. "I appreciate that." And she did, dearly. She had opened her mouth to continue, hoping to compliment him back, though her words were silenced by the continuation of his words.

Tail flicking, she shifted her weight from her left side to her right, pondering his options. Travel through the mountains, or around were the two choices offered. Well, Yalina would have difficulty going through the mountains, they all would. It was more dangerous, that was for certain. She needed to think of the positives and negatives. It was clear Callidora was distracted, now thinking about the best approach. Through the mountains was more dangerous. There would be less prey up there, but it would be quicker. Going around would take much longer, but it would be easier with more food. In terms of potential threats, well, she could see it lurking around both the mountains and near the bottom.

Paw tapping against the ground, she thought to herself, eyes continuously narrowing and widening as she was thinking. A moment passed before she spoke again: "We should go around." She didn't care if it took longer, it was less risky. Callidora didn't know which option Nekti hoped to hear from her, but she had made her choice in the matter. Of course, it would have to be brought up to the others, but her opinion remained. "I need to think about everybody, especially Yalina and her needs. I'd rather spend a few extra days traveling around the mountains. At least then I can rest easier knowing it's safer, not only for my sister, but for everyone." She refrained from adding on, especially the part where she believed that if Yalina went through the mountains, she wouldn't be coming out.

"There will be more shelter, more prey, and the route will be easier. So what if it takes more time, at least it's less dangerous. We've had enough difficulty." It was better safe than sorry, at least in Callidora's eyes. Concluding her reasoning, she met Nekti's gaze once more.

"What are your own thoughts?"

The Last Remaining - Literate WolfJanuary 1, 2022 12:32 PM

Red Moon

Lightbringer

Give Award

-Avis-
Mentions: Carcass Gang

So you weren't lying. Don't get any weird ideas. That wasn't a compliment.

Avis watched as the brown wolf tore into the meat hungrily. With a flick of his ears, he responded dryly, "Clearly." His amber eyes narrowed as he watched the male run off into the woods a couple moments later.

As the male sat down a couple paces away from the carcass, it was a perfect time to begin to sort things out in his head. The female newcomer who had been called a wannabe by the male who's name was ironically Peony, had joined the little ragtag group of wolves. She had been accompanied by another male, who had had picked up the name of Acesco. And while he had noticed the wolves trying to hide it or trying to disguise it, the female was rather sickly. Anyone could have seen it from the way her ribs peeked through, her shaky walk like a leaf in the wind... And the sickly smell that tainted her very scent.

It didn't take a genius to figure it out, in fact, Avis was sure that Peony had figured it out in less than three seconds flat. While the brown wolf was bothersome, to say the least, he did seem to have some wits about him. Then again, who didn't know of the strange sickness that was going around? It had been the big news for a while now. At least in Avis's small circles of acquaintances. The stories and rumors had claimed it had wiped out several packs. Perhaps this little group was whatever was left of a pack.

The idea had made him pause for a moment, his eyes glazing over while he remembered his own experience scavenging after his pack basically self-destructed. Before the memories took off running, he reeled them back in, his amber gaze focused again on the carcass.

And then there was the other newcomer. The black coated male who made Avis's fur stand on end whenever he uttered a couple words. Sure, besides Choenyi, Neziton was the only one who claimed he had trusted him. Right after the black wolf seemed to literally stare into the depths of Avis's soul. Or at least, it seemed like he was trying to. Either way, the things the male had uttered thus far had given Avis enough reason to keep an eye on the wolf. But one thing the male had done which Avis was grateful for was simply raising the question as to who the wolves even were. A group? A pack? Avis patiently waited for someone to answer it, hoping to get a better gauge on who exactly these wolves were and their relation to one another.

While he had been figuring things out, Avis seemed to have zoned out for a moment. Blinking quickly, his mind reeled to piece together what Choenyi had begun to ask him. "Oh.. Uh. Right." The plague. "Personally? Not really. At least, nothing extreme. I've stumbled across camps with death, and with the smell of it, it was most likely the plague. But I haven't ever seen it... in progress." He imagined the wolf named Yalina for a moment. No, he had never seen it devour a wolf right before his eyes until today. A smile lit his face when she claimed she was happy to see him, "I am glad to see you too, Choenyi. I honestly had no clue we would meet again either. But I've been well. Pretty much a loner ever since the fall out of my pack..." His tone changed for a moment before piping back up. He remembered the day he left very clearly. He couldn't have just vanished without telling his best friend where he was going, so Avis had run to the border, waiting for Choenyi to show. And when she did, he had told her everything. How his very own pack had killed each other in a massive brawl over power. How the few survivors either fled or succumbed to their wounds. How his own father and mother were dead. How he felt all alone. Choenyi was the only wolf he had ever told the entire story. Sure, they were young, and maybe she had forgotten it by now. But he hadn't told any other soul even till this day.

"Anyway.. I traveled west and stayed in a really nice area for awhile. Nice little valley with plump prey almost all year round. Then I decided to return back here when the stories of sickness came around." Avis paused. "I am sorry about your pack..." I know how hard it is to lose it.

We should go around.

The voice of Callidora had caught his attention as he now turned his attention towards the female who was speaking with the older male. Ah, it seemed like they were making travel plans to go around the upcoming mountain pass. Where were they off to? What was on the other side of the mountains? Avis had personally never ventured over them himself. But back when he was still a youngling, part of the pack territory included the mountains. He had been a devious little pup in his days, so he had snuck out several times to try to climb up the large rock formation. Of course, he didn't get very far for his own limbs were still short and like little clumsy twigs. But he had been taught how to climb once he became a trainee. A couple pointers never hurt. Perhaps he would tag along on this little journey with them. Maybe the prey is always more plentiful on the other side...

The Last Remaining - Literate WolfJanuary 1, 2022 04:11 PM

Nez.ity

Game Moderator
Darkseeker

Give Award

Neziton || 4 years old ||
Mentions: Acesco, Yalina, Peony, Avis ||Warrior
Indirectly: Everyone else

You don't get to judge me, you don't know me enough

Neziton from before seemed to forget his proficiency to form words, he only hoped to get the answer he was looking for; something to start this arrogant session. His eyes drifted to each wolf he could recognize from his heart. Some are harder to place a name with than others. He didn't picture his life to be circled by these types of wolves, if anything he needed to air out his hypothetically wet paws, they were inundated with the arrogance of others that Neziton asphyxiated on the hypothetically wet paw smell. He wrinkled his nose in revulsion and growled; as if the smell landed on his nose; he showed clear signs of being unsettled. Neziton has very few fears, the canine was a walking phobia; meaning people feared what they don't understand therefore they are the threat. It takes 5 minutes to understand something as easy as a complex thought process. Neziton felt the weather change, hypothetically speaking if Neziton was someone who didn't seek the guidance of a hypothetical higher power and yearned to understand every inch of it; he would probably be the simplest canine. There's nothing special about Neziton, exposing the fact he's significantly insane for the truth that doesn't exist- he also believes that every soul has a purpose. Maybe then he would be someone who wanted power, who could lead this effortless group of wolves. He rolled his eyes and twitched his crooked ears back to form a yawn, yes Neziton was bored even if there was a half-eaten carcass in front of him. He didn't bother with something so mere like that, he just gave it somewhat of a glance and watched a few wolves take their share. But this wasn't about how hungry Neziton was, this was about how much arrogance he was consuming. It was as though Neziton had to dial back and see it through clear eyes, so taking a moment before speaking; he closed his eyes and imagined himself in a meadow, peaceful, caring, singing butterflies...

He's slippin~

If only he could manage to daydream a standard thought, maybe he could connect with these wolves more. Neziton desperately wanted to connect, his urges and theologies would always collide with each other. Being wanted and being needed were two different things, Neziton wanted both as though everything was going to fall into place for him," Why can't I have both? Why can't I just be somewhat typical," A word Neziton found to be a curse. Normal. What was normal? Everyone saw the world differently, but Neziton thought just because he saw the world in black and white that he shouldn't be considered normal or sane enough? Was he the wrong kind of insane? Was he just another evil lurker waiting to pounce on everyone when their backs were turned? That would surely turn them on, no! He was a canine with a strong set of eyes who needed his questions answered and when they weren't or when they were countered with a statement that didn't please Neziton or made any sense; he is made out to be some weird nonsense pup. I guess Neziton's mysterious anecdote was a clear mistake. If not read utterly wrong, he sighed tiredly of the same outcome and snagged him a chunk of meat from the carcass before settling down. His body hit the ground ever so softly and as he heaved the first breath of a good meal, he finally smiled. A smile that wasn't directed to anyone, but toward the fact he'll finally get to eat peacefully.

Peacefully? Ha!

Was Neziton a thorn people would just complain about, it wasn't touching them nor bothered but somehow still a bother? How weird. He didn't even get to lick his share before hearing Callidora speak, Neziton wanted to enjoy his meal so he regretted speaking before eating," I'm sorry I thought the disease spreading event was enough for us to figure things out, maybe I missed a chapter or something," His snark remark was indeed meant to be taken out of context, Neziton was hungry therefore he didn't care about being respectful," I want to add before I finally eat and block out the noisy behavior that wolves die nearly every week, from another sickness, from being injured on the job and maybe being too old...-," He smirked at the thought of being old and dying in his sleep; the final illusion of Neziton fake family. A loving mate who would whisper into his ear to make it safe to wherever was up there, upon thinking of the heavens Neziton's head lifted quickly as though he wanted an invitation to the party. He blinked slowly and frowned," We all lost someone, and a moment to grieve is never wrong but what does a pack do after a tragic death?", He didn't expect them or her to know the answer, so he spoke indirectly to everyone nearby," A pack realizes that death should not be vain, allowing others to die as well...I don't know about you but right now I want to live and be allowed to pass on my knowled-," Probably a touchy subject with these wolves, he narrowed his eyes at his word choice, was he forming too big of a sentence for them to understand," I want to live, a pack is a family...without a pack, you have no family," He tried to simplify his word choice so it'll be easier to see that Neziton always thought of the pack first. He lost his best friend to this illness and if he needed to ask for time off to cry about and become even more tangled within his thoughts, he wouldn't be right here.

Now Neziton felt like they'll take his word choice and get all sensitive. The reason for Neziton being so open and straightforward is because right now they weren't focusing on one more problem here. Were they a pack, were they a group just learning to trust each other. Maybe they feared the truth that they won't be able to make it without a strategy. Noticing he barely touched his share, Neziton smiled," Oh!," He wagged his tail as though he didn't get to finish what he was saying, leaving a cliffhanger of what he meant. He hummed as he enjoyed the fresh taste of meat, still keeping his ears pricked if someone needed their statement answered. Neziton was full of questions but he was also a walking answering machine.

Excusing the fact Neziton's first time showed more than just his normal blank confused expression, his tail beat the ground as he nearly finished his share. He licked his chops as the flavor stuck to his cheeks like glue, he could remember this flavor forever if he could. But suddenly it vanished as he blinked his eyes realizing that he may have come off too strong. He blinked at the realization and gulped, licking his pads nervously.

Neziton had little to be upset about, so the thought of him snapping back with even more questions made his fur bristle. Almost knowing he'll be too much for them, he rolled onto his side and took in a couple of breaths before blinking, he was a warrior someone who was going to be more; someone who ached to be something better. He was a strategist therefore he had zero say in what they do with their spare time. Now hunting, and fighting; that was Neziton's place. Even if he didn't want to admit such a thing, he dislike fighting- anything with teeth being slammed into the back of your neck and ripping fur off your body as you screamed and kicked and plead for the pain to stop; Neziton was too young to even have to experience that. He continued to stare off.

He didn't promise he'll survive, he promised he'll thrive within a pack he didn't want to harm but harmed him. His father's bare fangs flashed at him as though it was his fault he couldn't understand the massive world, Neziton was always the one who asked and answered, he was just that type of canine to rely on himself and provide his services. Some would call Neziton a soldier with zero feelings and comprehension of anyone else feelings, hence why he seems so in tune to knowing an answer no one else knew. He wasn't must of a leader yet he knew how to keep things in check, that was his role to his father. His father. That sick delusional bastard always found a way to make Neziton work twice as hard, fighting, planning, and even thinking. Neziton's mind raced as he tried to figure out his father; even now the blank brute couldn't piece together the point of his father making him work twice as hard. He was his only son; he wasn't some killing machine; Neziton secretly deep down loved to heal. He always wanted to be a healer, but all his father saw was a big black wolf with strong genes and a thirst for blood. He reflected his needs and wants onto his son, explaining that warriors don't feel nor wait around for the enemy to catch up to them; Neziton had to strike first before they did! He always had to be the first to set boundaries even if shattered every innocence a 9-month-old pup had.

At that age, you'll think little Neziton would be roughhousing with his friends?

What friends? Neziton sat alone thinking of ways to please a father who probably didn't want him, while his mother fed him lies and tried to shelter him. They fought usually when Neziton was out exploring and hoarding sticks, he had an obsession- it was a trauma response. Anyways, Neziton knew they weren't good for each other, like mud and water..or maybe a squirrel and it's nuts? The story goes on to say that Neziton even now as a young brute with his own choice, chose to be just like his father but with slight edits. He was the version he wished everyone knew that was a lie from his father; the quiet brooding cliche type. He was what his father showed to canines, he was the hero Neziton wanted...needed...desires...hoped. Ever since that day, Neziton tried his best to be a good little soldier pup, he wanted every ounce of validation and promise of a good life with a great mate and 6 pups. But just like his fake family, his expectations were falsified.

Moving on to the day Neziton was announced a warrior, he was more than just broken; he never wanted such rank but he played the role of the happy youngster good, maybe too good. Neziton lived in such a false reality that it made his reality look real; he's been lied to, poked, and tormented by the idea of finally just screaming and calling it quits. Storming off into the mist of the forest never to be seen again, is what Neziton thought happened but he was so shocked to know that his knowledge would be used to think of ways to kill, not heal. Maybe in a way, this was a sad story cliche about an unloved canine who found it hard to fit in with all the established ranks and titles.

We had the brooding uncaring type, the strong dame who speaks her mind type, we had the overly concerned type, the childish type, the loving but rather confusing type and now they obtained the strange loner type. There was no room for Neziton if his future was as delusional as before Neziton had to find a place to take charge. He lived his whole pup hood training for this moment, not in a sense of the event just hypothetically speaking. He wondered if he never yearned for the knowledge of forgiveness would he be the cliche of the evil, the backstabbing brute who doesn't care about risking everyone's lives? Would that be better? To steep to his father's level so he wouldn't seem threatening? If that's the case, Neziton might as well tell them to suck up those dried-up tears and wipe the eye boogers on the ground and move on because their loved one wasn't coming back, they're dead! Gone from this world and onto the next without you, and sure maybe they were selfish to leave a group of fur and tails alone to decide the worst and to grow as a pack but it wasn't their fault how they grew or what happened afterward. To be a pack was to be strong and united as one.

Having a brief recall from his overly tragic backstory that consisted of more than just an overly neglectful father and a mother barely mentioned, Neziton blinked his cold eyes and shot up turning his head slightly to reveal dust has gotten under his thick catfish fur," Hmm!," He noticed it itched behind his head and shook out his fur hoping to get rid of the imperfections. There it goes, Neziton assumed he had some trauma to uncover and get past, he still allowed himself to carry the weight of his history and origin even if it sickened him to the core. As much as he would like to get rid of tension, Neziton hasn't yet realized something; something that was going to change him for better or for worst. Either way, he couldn't easily abandon what made him who he was just yet, there was room for improvement.

If anything Neziton almost knew what had to be done, he wouldn't like the outcome but going face to face with canines who stood in his way was just another warrior day, just another speck of dust stuck between his pads irritating him. Scoffing, he stared around and spotted the only canine he thought could make sense of his questions, the only one who seemed to grab Neziton's eyes the most," Acesco! ," His bark was louder than expected, hopefully, he didn't embarrass the male, standing Neziton made his way toward him and offered a small smile," I need something from you that only you can give me," Neziton knew he was making this slightly uncomfortable considering how close he was and that god awful sorry excuse for a smile that just made Neziton seem like he was baring his fangs at him; he needed to work on his social skills.

" I want to be like you...I...erm mean...I want to learn the things you know..about..healing and such," He gave a tiny curt nod hoping that rejection wasn't going to creep its way and pounce on Neziton back, giving him even more scars under his thick catfish fur. Nothing or no one mattered but getting to connect with his inner healer, even if it was killed by the fact he'll always be seen as the warrior who wanted to become something low.

The Last Remaining - Literate WolfJanuary 2, 2022 06:38 PM

Freedom

Neutral

Give Award

Nekti // Male // 6 years, 4 months // Mentions: Callidora, Choenyi, Avis, Peony, Neziton, Yalina, Ophir (ind.)

Nekti nodded in return as Yalina thanked him for helping her. He knew that she would expect nothing less of him, and he in return could be sure of her genuine thanks. He had always valued what wasn’t said more than what was. By making his action seem small and not over-emphasizing it, Yalina made Nekti feel like the kind of wolf others could trust. It made perfect sense, though there were plenty of wolves who didn’t seem to understand this sort of exchange, Nekti’s own son among them. Speaking of Ophir . . . Nekti looked up for just a moment, wondering why Ophir had been gone so long. It wasn’t unusual for Ophir, though, and Nekti decided it wasn’t worth worrying about Ophir just yet. He would have howled if he had gotten into real trouble. More likely he was goofing off somewhere like he always was and had lost track of time. But if he didn’t get here soon he’d miss the food and he’d have to join the hunt on an empty stomach. Nekti flicked his ear in mild irritation, but quickl;y turned back to Yalina. What he wouldn’t have given to have had a pup like her. She reminded him of one of his early pups, Alaine. She hadn’t made it more than a year, but she’d been very upbeat and gentle. She would’ve been a bit older than Yalina if she had survived.

Nekti could see Peony moving towards them, though he didn’t seem to have spotted Nekti. It wasn’t unusual for Nekti to be overlooked. He was a quiet wolf with little bearing on what happened around him. Udara had always been the outgoing, talkative one, and Nekti was fine with that. But he wasn’t fine with this strangely ill-willed wolf sauntering up to snipe at Yalina - for no reason she’d given him - and acting as though Nekti weren’t even there. There was something disgustingly low about a wolf who drew attention to another wolf’s weakness, who made fun of it. To mock a wolf’s personality or actions was a shameful thing to do, of course, but this was worse because Yalina had no control over it. Nekti knew only too well how things like this gnawed at a wolf without anyone having to say a word - this was a level of cruelty that he wouldn’t have stood for if it had been directed towards himself. But Nekti didn’t say anything, instead shifting and giving the wolf an icy look from behind Yalina. There was no real need to make his dislike for the wolf any clearer. That was already plain to see. But he wanted to make sure Peony didn’t think he’d remain passive if this got out of hand. As Yalina responded with a self-deprecating joke, Peony glanced at Nekti and seemed to prickle with embarrassment. Embarrassment over what? Nekti’s first thought was that Peony had hoped to pick on Yalina without being caught, and hadn’t realized Nekti was there. But that didn’t seem quite right. And then, just like that, Peony tore away. Nekti watched him go, showing no surprise. He glanced at Yalina to see if she had anything more to tell him, and then he decided it would be best to move on. This Peony was getting far more attention than someone like him ought to have.

Nekti moved over to Callidora and began speaking to her. As he did, he noticed Peony slinking back. He really wasn’t going to leave them alone, was he? Nearby, Choenyi was chattering away to Avis about the illness and every little detail of their pack, more comfortable around him than she had been with several of her packmates. Nekti, of course, wasn’t planning on doing anything about it. He just wouldn’t bring it up. After all, they no longer had the rules and regulations of the pack in place, and her own guilt or innocence was her own concern. Nekti didn’t like it, but he didn’t have to like it. In the end, it had little to do with him. Callidora met Nekti’s eyes as he approached her, then broke for a moment in confusion. Nekti waited for her to lock gazes again, and as he complimented her, her ears perked. She seemed astounded at his attention, but Nekti didn’t even acknowledge her thank you. He continued speaking before Callidora could question his motives for complimenting her. It wasn’t that the compliment hadn’t been genuine, or that he said it only to protect Yalina. But he didn’t want the whole pack knowing about it, and the less tactful ones saying stupid things like “Why, Nekti! Aren’t we in a good mood?” and “Never thought I’d hear it from you.” He was immediately focused on the pack again, as though he hadn’t said anything at all. Callidora took her time to consider the options, and Nekti took the moment to scan the rest of the wolves. Everyone except Ophir was here, and everything looked like it was going fairly smoothly. Everyone was chattering and eating, and for a moment it felt just like the old pack. But the wolves were fewer, and several faces unfamiliar.

“We should go around,” Callidora said finally. Nekti nodded, though it wasn’t clear if it was a nod of agreement or of encouragement to explain her point of view. Callidora continued with her points, and Nekti listened quietly, considering everything she said. It all made sense, and although they didn’t know what could change in a few days, that seemed a reasonable risk to take. “I think you may be right,” said Nekti without pausing. “The wolves here aren’t used to the mountain terrain, and it’s sure to take a lot out of them. The warm weather will be coming in soon, and there’s no reason for us to rush to beat the weather. It doesn’t seem worth the risk of one of our wolves getting hurt in unfamiliar territory.” Nekti paused to consider. “Of course, we can’t dismiss the dangers of going around. The spread of the illness is the main concern with taking more time, of course, but we may also run into more lone wolves. We can easily fight them if we have to-” Well, Nekti couldn’t say that for certain. But he wasn’t about to express doubts about that with Peony standing right there. “-and not all will be as friendly as this one.” He brushed his tail in the direction of Avis, obviously not aware that Avis had turned to them - Nekti was still looking at Callidora. “Floods and marsh-like conditions are possible, what with the rain and being so near the mountains, but I don’t believe the risk of those is too high. In the end, though, I’d say it’s better for us to go around. Those are just things to consider.”

The Last Remaining - Literate WolfJanuary 15, 2022 04:29 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award

Acesco - Male - 4 years - Healer - Mentions: Callidora, Nekti, Yalina, Peony anyone else is indirectly

Acesco nodded his head noncommittally to Callidora. He wasn’t sure how he should take it, but it seemed to lack the fiery temper she reserved for clashes with Choenyi so he didn’t need to react. He let a hint of a smile creep across his face, when Callidora mentioned that maybe they could go out again. He nodded again happily for Yalina. He nodded again agreeing with her about it being a group effort. His eyes narrowed slightly suspicious, wondering if she had actually given him what could be considered a compliment. He let his tail thump once instead of a nod. He knew that his movements were jerky, and he naturally moved smoothly. He dipped his head supposing he could go ahead and get a piece, but he wanted to check on Yalina first.

He hoped that checking on Yalina would be quick. He stopped short, and he had a hard time keeping the confusion from spilling across his face. Why had he come over here? Why did he feel the need to go around and antagonise everyone? However, Puny left before he would have gotten a good look at Acesco’s face. His attention was on Yalina and her face was too perky, and her body was too tense. Something was obviously up, and he wasn’t sure if he should insist that he stay with her.

His jaw slackened slightly, as he watched her slip away. If something happened to her…Yet, he didn’t want to be as clingy as her sister. However, he was the healer. If someone was going to help her, hopefully he would be able to. He stayed where he was hoping to wait for her and Ophir, if that was really what she was doing. He took a glance at Nekti. They all knew that she needed food more than anyone else, so why would he tell her to go away from the food. It didn’t add up.

He hoped that if Callidora wondered what he was up to, she would naturally assume it was his reticent tendencies. He realized that it would be more suspicious if he didn’t eat, so he crept up to get himself a large chunk and carried it back to where he had chosen to wait for Yalina. He wasn't as worried about the other loner that Choenyi was with. He did seem very mild mannered around such a hostile group, but perhaps he was that smart to not antagonize a group, when he had no chance of winning. Even so, that meant he had great self control. Who knew what he could be hiding! Acesco would have to pay extra attention to everyone.

His eyes widened. He smelled another unfamiliar wolf. It was a female. He quickly finished gulping down what he had in front of him. He had hoped to save some for Yalina just in case, but she would have to depend on her sister having saved her some. Whatever was going on with Yalina, she was vulnerable, and needed someone watching over her with a strange wolf nearby. He hoped that Yalina could forgive him, but he hoped that since he already sensed something was up, she would prefer his intervention to getting Callidora involved. Should he mention the scent to anyone else? He hadn't realized that his nose had become more sensitive than anyone else's.

He followed Yalina's trail. Softly, he apologized, "I'm sorry, but I smelled another loner around. I assume she is a loner, but I didn't want you to be alone." He sat down in silence ignoring her condition. He didn't know any way to help her, although he did let a portion of his brain try to figure out if there was a way to alleviate her symptoms. The rest of him kept an eye out for more strangers.

The Last Remaining - Literate WolfJanuary 15, 2022 04:54 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award

Choenyi - Female - 5 years - Mentions: Avis, Callidora, Nekti everyone else indirectly

Choenyi noticed that Acesco and Nekti went to talk to Callidora, which wasn't super unusual. It was more so for Acesco than Nekti. She could tell that Callidora was in a much better brain space than this morning even if they had to deal with wolves such as Peony. The food and Yalina being able to keep up did wonders for Callidora's temperament. She did mean to keep an eye on Avis, but she found it hard to believe that there would be a reason why a loner like him would want to hurt the pack. As long as he didn't start getting power hungry tendencies, she hadn't been able to think of anything else that would make harming the pack to his advantage.

She happily tore through the meat. It smelled much stronger than a fresh kill. Her piece had some bits torn away, probably by birds of prey. Someone would have to do some gnawing, because there were little bits that refused to come off, and there was the marrow in the bones that would be nutritious. She wondered what Avis thought about her individual pack members. Yalina was sure to attract plenty of attention, so she didn't blame her for going to hide. Acesco hurried after her instead of Callidora which was unusual. One afternoon out and Yalina seemed to have traded her pup sitter. For a moment she wondered if perhaps he was more fond of her than packmate to packmate, but quickly brushed it off. It must have reminded her of young wolves who snuck out when the pack was large. It couldn't possibly be true.

She paid attention to Avis' response, so she could reply. "I wasn't sure if other places had been affected." It ravaged us, she mourned to herself. Her expression remained serious, especially after how he mentioned the exodus from his own pack. "I'm surprised you came back." She remembered what he had told her. "I'm glad you found a nice area. Do you think it could support a pack?" It sounded promising. "Why did you leave?"

She felt a little embarrassed. She knew that she was ambitious enough where she could tear this pack apart, if someone else was as ambitious as her. Would their pack end up like Avis's? She dipped her head once accepting his apology. "At least I have a few wolves. Good wolves even if they can be a pain in the top of your tail." She wasn't sure if she would be able to say that if these loners merged with her pack. Would they let them join?

She noted Avis' face, and took it that he was listening in on the conversation as well. She didn't feel a need to contradict Callidora, but thought it was time that they finish eating and get a move on. "I think it's time to hunt. We need to decide who will go with us. Are the loners hunting with us?" Could they trust them enough? "We can talk about travel plans after dinner." She knew that she was being optimistic, that they would get more food by then. "Perhaps we'll find another carcass," she sighed, as she preferred fresh food. She wished she had been included in the conversation about which way they should go, however, as she had been speaking with Avis there was no point in complaining.

While her belly now had food in it, it wasn't enough to fill her, and it almost only made her realize how hungry she was. Should she mention leaving someone behind to watch after Acesco and Yalina? With all of these loners, it was hard to feel secure. "Maybe a quick drink before we get to work. Where did Yalina and Acesco pop off to anyone? I haven't seen Ophir in a while. Do you think he's still alive?" She had meant to make the last comment sound joking, but she winced as it came out harsh. All of them were so valuable for hunting, who could they possibly spare to watch out for Acesco and Yalina. If something were to happen, she doubted that Yalina would be able to run for it, so Acesco would have to stand and fight. Would any wolves bother them?

The Last Remaining - Literate WolfFebruary 3, 2022 03:37 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

[ Peony/Three years/Mentions:Avis,Choenyi. (ind)-Neziton, Callidora, Yalina, Nekti. ]

Lapping fiercely at his vermillion stained muzzle, whipped with that of the old scent of carcass, Peony dug his paws into the terrain beneath, letting his dark claws scrub roughly against the soil until his sagging weight made slick contact with the ground sporting patchy, fuzzy grass. He sniffed somewhat uselessly at the residue of dirt that had spat from his nails; ripped away from the earth and free besides the dulling blades of green compacted irritably in the large grooves of his claws. Nosing his way into the dry, bony remains of corse which he found himself stroking absentmindedly with a barbed, hued tongue, his hind legs shoved the most of his mass until he was eventually sifting through the scattered hide and picking tasteless meat from leftover bones.

Incurious, yellow eyes would eventually drift lazily onto the talkative pair before him, and he’d only hoist his ears upwards at the mention of traveling and pasts. At this point, the male sauntered forth quietly, a small, arrogant smirk weighing the corners of his jaws. He took a moment to peer grimly at Sandy, taking in the sheer amount of umber draped meticulously across her sturdy physique, and then her counterpart; the light and inviting rolls of grey which resembled that of the plume of a jaunty bird. Naturally, Peony had gravitated towards the more refreshing scene, as well as the mighty factor of receptiveness. He noticed the little attention he possessed, and after a quick flick of his gaze, analyzing the simple picture of a talking Cauliflower and the large male before her, the male rolled what he’d thought to be inconspicuously along his side until he was stretched out adjacent to Cloudy’s tail.

Scrubbing a paw over his nose and then hooking another across the male’s flexible appendage, Peony jerked his claws over every and any miniscule twitch or wave. It wasn’t until he aired out his pelt upon firmly planted, and upright legs, that he dropped ludically, letting his chin brush briefly against his paws before leaping forwards with a mock growl pregnant with gentle merriment. “Your turn, stranger.” He barked expectantly, circling the pair of canids momentarily before pushing himself between the two wolves with a gentle shoulder. “Is she bothering you?” He then turned to sniff arrogantly in Sandy’s direction, but then he lifted himself in a slow swivel and went on to prod playfully at Cloudy’s side with entreating eyes.

After a short moment, Peony chuffed irritably, loping back from his previous dash to the side. He took it upon himself to glare somewhat snobbishly at them both with a head wired gently to the right. “You two really are uncultured.” Sneering, he’d cock his gaze confidently at Sandy. “You’ve never done a chase before?” Then, turning back to Cloudy, Peony stilled the slapping wags of his tail. “You have no clan.” He’d later confirm his suspicions with a halfhearted intake of his scent. “Loners should know how to chase.”

Seating himself with a flickering ear, the male reeled his head back in a fit of laze; slowly until he was perched comfortably between his shoulders, chest slightly jutted as a torrent of scrutiny swam in his perked, yellow vision. “Most loners I know can chase.” He didn’t bother to elaborate, not outwardly at least. His short recollection of toying with clanless fiends in the mountains would later be disturbed. He’d prop his head at the topic of a hunt, though an annoyed huff would pass from his jaws rather than the popular reckon of excitement.

“Stay with me.” He proposed with simple, blinking eyes. “We can just eat the bones. What's the point in a hunt?” As if to prove a point, he passed over a few milky white remains with a paw, letting the bones roll slowly at Cloudy’s claws. “Let these weaklings get impaled by a buck.” In a quick, snide addition, he’d briefly jerk his gaze around the force. “Assuming they’ve even seen one.” Then, narrowing his eyes, the male would release a boastful pool of laughter before raising along with the height of his tail. “I’ll keep the burdens alive. It’ll be my test of entrance, yeah?” Seeing the Wannabe, there had to be more than one, right? His intentions of teaming with the force hadn’t wavered. And after sensing the obnoxious waves of disapproval radiating from the majority, perhaps protecting Wannabe and a couple of hags would give him the reception fit for a canid of his caliber. And he was from a pretty high caliber in his books.

He occasionally dipped in and out of the conversation concerning various detours and other topics which had only begun to bore him. So he’d leave Cloudy’s side, momentarily that is. Having come across chunks of leftovers from the carcass only feet away, something he had smelled strongly amidst his argumentative side of a hunt, he gave into the temptress. Although he lacked the necessary hunger and possessed fat, healthy sides from his grubbing clan days, he still claimed it all. Well, he buried it. Though he could scent the lingering odor of Cauliflower, it seemed to only carry him on. He’d be doing her a favor. Every clan knows to never leave unattended meat uncovered. Besides, isn’t she large enough? How selfish can one be so as to hoard such precious strips. It's only fair that he partakes under the influence of growth. He was still growing..right? He’d need all the food he could take.

After a brief sniff at his multiple burial sites, Peony would emit a breath of approval, allowing his winding tongue to dampen his now inactive nose whilst a tasteful, smug simper showcased the pointed fangs his tongue would later retreat behind. “Think she’ll like it? It's like a treasure hunt.Whatever sites she can’t find will be mine.” He approached Cloudy’s peripheral with squared shoulders and a taunting gaze. “Might share with ya if you beg.” He spared a curious glance towards the babbling black furred male before redirecting his attention. He spoke of family and seemed to dive into the meaning of a clan, not to mention the vile topic of disease which had once brave and rippling soldiers back in his clan, turn into fearful cowards.Whats the big deal? Just don’t be weak and you’ll be fine.

He sounds exhausting. He’d give Overtax one final look before shaking the unrelenting noise of contemplation from his mind. Listening to that canid required more than an ear. It required his whole being, something he’d never give. “Sandy doesn’t get any though.” Casting a shit-eating look her way, he’d dig his back nails swiftly through his flank throughout his speech. “Unless she begs too.”
The Last Remaining - Literate WolfFebruary 3, 2022 12:28 PM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award

Yalina
Female || Three || Mentions: Acesco
Indirectly Mentions: Others

Forehead pressed against a tree, the female now stood, eyes closed as a muffled groan escaped her throat. She leaned against it, applying pressure to her head as if it would magically erase the pain. Yalina's eyes cracked open, barely enough to let in light as she took a step back. She had been stumbling around for minutes, as if she could run away from the increasing headache she faced. That only seemed to have made it worse. The earlier thumps now resembling screams.

She wanted her mother.

She wanted to nestle against her neck and curl up into a small ball. She found herself wishing it often, especially during an episode. She wanted to be told that everything would be alright, but not by anybody else. By her. Her mother would have known what to say. She would have known what to do. Eyes opening wider, Yalina's face drooped along with her body. To the ground she sank once again, back pressed against a cold stone. The coolness of it provided her a moment of relief before it resumed. Drunkenly, she sat, head bobbing around until her motions froze.

A scent not recognized seeped into her nose, alerting her senses and silencing her. This was a smell not yet registered. It did not come from the group nor those within it. It was somebody else. Another stranger. Was her sister right? Was this a planned attack after all? A trick? Sitting still, her gaze shifted around, trying to find her bearings, until a twig snapped.

Whirling around, Yalina's headache was replaced by a sense of caution and fear. Her fur bristled, hackles raised as her ears, first flat, now pointed to the sky. She was met with silence. An uneasy feeling settled into her bones. She wasn't safe. There was no Callidora here, no Nekti, but wasn't this what she wanted? To be alone? This was the consequence of her own actions. She didn't have anybody around to protect her. She was by herself.

She supposed she could run, or even howl and- Another twig snapped. This time, closer. Quietly, Yalina picked herself up, eyes fixated in the direction of the twig snap. As if conditioned, the female stepped back, body moving behind a tree as to not be spotted. As soon as she did so, a shadow moved. It was headed towards her, moving through the bushes and grass. She needed to howl, or to run, or do something.

Instead, she lowered her head, peeling back her lips. The scent wasn't getting stronger, but then who was this individual? What did they want? Yalina had no choice but to come off as powerful, thus, she raised her figure to its full height. Spreading her legs out into a wider stance, she hoped that it would somehow make her appear wider and fuller. Her eyes, still glued in the direction ahead, picked up on more movement.

Just as the figure crept out, Yalina opened her mouth, prepared to release a sudden howl before snapping her mouth shut, a dragged breath blown out of her nose with annoyance. Her posture shrunk, head drooping as Acesco appeared through the thicket. Back turning to him as she crept around the tree, she threw him a brief glare filled with, not anger, but fear of nearly attacking him. "You nearly scared me half to death. I was prepared to call the others or, worse, jump you!" Hobbling towards him, she remained standing, hackles only now falling against her body. Ridiculing him for a moment longer, she released a sigh before her head raised. The pain subsided, most likely from adrenaline and fear, though Yalina didn't doubt that it would appear again in moments.

"You smelled it as well? Could you pick up on which direction it came from?" Glancing around with unease, she motioned to the trail she had made. "We should tell the others. If there's another intruder, they need to be aware." She did not smile this time. Fear had struck her, and Yalina couldn't bring herself to relax just yet. "Come," she added on, already headed down the trail just as her headache returned.

The Last Remaining - Literate WolfFebruary 3, 2022 01:49 PM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award

Callidora
Female || Three || Mentions: Choenyi, Nekti, Peony, Avis, Acesco, Neziton, Yalina

Ears flickered in the direction of Neziton before ultimately blocking out his words. The female was too focused upon other things, specifically, the plan for the future. She had not yet noticed the prolonged absence of her sister nor Acesco slipping away from the group. Her sole attention was upon Nekti and their discussion. To have been the one approached by him was enough for Callidora to fixate her entire self on what he had to say. So, she watched his head bob to her words, trying to decipher if it was a good nod, or a disapproving one.

When he claimed that she may be right, she returned his nod, ears turning to him as he explained further reasoning and risks. "We also have to take in account of the weather. If the choose to cross through the mountain rather than around, rain could easily make the journey worse. There could be mudslides, rocks could come loose as we step upon them, the terrain will be slippery. We'd have to risk continuing, or be forced to waste time by waiting it out." Drawing a breath, she continued. "Going around has its own risks, of course. Many of the lone wolves I doubt would try anything. Like us, I believe without a doubt that their own were taken by the disease as well. Even if we are met with aggressive ones, there are eight of us." She didn't include Peony and Avis, for Callidora knew little of their motives. However, hearing the story Avis spoke of and his relationship with Choenyi, she had a feeling that he would be willing to stay. She herself wouldn't be against it. It meant more numbers, which, in turn, meant more protection.

"Going around is the better choice. We shouldn't venture too close to the mountain either. Again, falling rocks can be a risk. As long as we keep a good distance, I have confidence that the journey will be successful. How long do you figure it will take for us to go around roughly?" Callidora was prepared to continue, though paused, only then breaking eye contact with Nekti to glance at Choenyi and her mention of hunting, a scoff nearly escaping her.

"The loners hunt with us if they wish to eat. There are no freebies here. If you are capable, you go. If not, you don't eat." Clicking her tongue, her head raised, peering over the others when Choenyi spoke of Yalina being gone. A wave of panic settled in, causing the female to peer around swiftly. "Has anyone seen where Yalina went? Did Acesco go with her? Is she alone?" Callidora's eyes slowly turned to Choenyi at the mention of death, frowning. "Don't joke about that." Within moments, she was back to worrying about her sister. Acesco must be with her, which offered Callidora some form of ease, though why didn't they tell her? Why didn't she notice? She was too distracted by Nekti and his attention over anything else. Oh, she was a bad sister! Glancing at Nekti, the worry increased in her eyes she turned back to the others, only to freeze.

Her pile. Her food. All of the strips she saved for Yalina. Gone. Staring blankly, Callidora's eyes remained fixated on the site. "Who did this?" She asked in monotone, words eerily calm. Slowly, she turned, stepping forward. Her steps were slow, as if she were stalking prey, only to halt before the empty space, drops of blood evidence of the missing meat. Lowering her her nose, she inhaled a singular time before turning to Peony, recognizing the stale scent. "Did you eat it?" Once more, her words were drawn out slowly, her chest heaving. "Do you think this is a game?" She suddenly snapped, stepping forward. "Do you know how long it took me to pick off the pieces?" There was no more patience left in Callidora, not when it came to Yalina and her wellbeing. "How am I supposed to feed my sister? How am I supposed to make her well with you trapezing around inserting yourself into business that is not yours? What did you do with the food. You greedy.. Did you not have enough? If you ate it-"

There were few scraps remaining on the carcass. To pick the rest off would be time consuming, not to mention little help. It wouldn't be a snack, let alone a meal. "If you ate it," she repeated, "you will be replacing it. I don't care how you do it, but you will replace it. I will do everything in my power to make sure you replace it." Threatening him, Callidora spluttered and heaved, glancing at the others before twitching.

Lowering her nose to the ground, she inhaled once more, picking up on the scent of the missing meat. Releasing a small growl, she stepped towards Nekti, only to pause. The scent of meat was stronger. Glancing to the ground, she sniffed it, picking up on a faint trail. Following it, she stopped only when the trail ended, leading her to a loose pile of dirt. Staring, Callidora swept her paw over the ground, using her right one to slowly uncover what, sure enough, was a sliver of her missing food.

Tail twitching, she whirled around in the direction of Peony once more. "You buried it? All of it? Where's the rest?" Without another word, she began to walk over to the male and stood before him. Being demanding, she stared at him, mere inches from his face.

"Unbury the rest."

The Last Remaining - Literate WolfFebruary 7, 2022 11:21 PM

Mother

Darkseeker

Give Award

Sylphrena || Female || 3 || M: Carcass People

The white creature lay in wait for ages. Her eyes switched often between flesh, bickering wolf, and idle conversation starters. Surely it did not take so long to fill oneself to a satisfactory level and then leave? There was no prey further down where she had come from, and she was becoming too weak to hunt. The carcass before her was quite possibly one of her few remaining hopes of survival, and this mess of wolves could not seem to leave the dead thing alone.

She watched with mounting frustration as the meat dwindled before her eyes. One hungry maw after another approached the meat and ripped it from the bone, the tantalizing flesh taunting her sunken eyes. What saliva she had left was thick and the feeling of it only drove the urgency to find something to satiate her paining stomach. With every passing minute, Sylphrena’s hopes of bedding her appetite waned, and her fears of Chinook’s death grew. Her brows furrowed as her attentions were drawn away to such thoughts. Her cousin, strong and steadfast and indestructible, omniscient and omnipotent, who never left for more than a day, had still not returned. Now, her mind constantly worried over his fate; she wanted to believe he was returning, but she felt as though the chances of such a reunion grew slimmer the more she dwelled on them.

The growing silence around her jolted Syl from her reminiscing reverie. As the wolves finally began to disperse from around the corpse, the young female was disheartened to see little more than bleached bones left. Her claws sank into the earth beneath her and a whine died in her throat. Her options had gone down to two: fight for what little remained, or pray that another carcass rested nearby. As she prepared to step out and take her chances with the smaller number, though, the volume rose once more.

"You buried it?"

The voice of a female at the end of all patience cut sharply through the rest of the noises around Sylphrena, and she tensed. Oh, no, what had she gotten herself into? The white female stood abruptly and stared at those situated in front of her. Perhaps, if the male being berated had buried the remains of this carcass, there would be more lying about the territory. Or, at least, nearby. Now, without a care as to how these strangers would react to her presence, the young female darted up along the perimeter of the territory, inhaling sharply. Surely a whiff would pop up-

A terrified squirrel shot up in front of her and instinct took over. A flash of white teeth ended with the scrawny corpse mangled in Syl's jaws; it was a messy kill, but the taste of fresh blood was enough to give her the energy to back out of the territory she had entered. Sylphrena could not wait to return to her own hidden enclave to eat, so she tore into what little meat was on the animal just outside of whatever home she had trespassed upon.

She had to focus on eating slowly so as not to throw it all back up; her body readily welcomed the food, but her stomach, having been empty for so long, was slightly more hesitant. So, she took little pieces at a time until she gradually became more able to swallow without difficulty. Her orange eyes narrowed in relief as she downed the last bit of her meal. Now, if need be, she could move enough to get away from the pack... group... whatever... if they had followed. She was not sure they had, though.

After all, how much chase was one skinny loner really worth?

Forums > Roleplay > Literate
   1   ..    2    3    4    5    6 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us