Wolf Play : Gods Among Humans | RP Thread
Chatbox
 distant-lands
03:29:05 katy | beetle
You spy 2 Moose.

why do these things have the same health as my DH's :')
 starmutt
03:27:17 marsh | they/it
where are all this wishbones coming from i don't even talk in chat
 Insomnia
03:26:25 Skye
He's a king betta in my 30g but I have an empty 5g I may get a splenden
 Insomnia
03:24:50 Skye
He looks poorly bred in that photo but I promise he's not he's just turning lol
 Insomnia
03:24:07 Skye
Yes! I have my boy Dior currently ^^
 Enigma
03:22:42 
OMG you're a betta owner??
 Enigma
03:22:17 
@Skye
I may have a solution for that
 distant-lands
03:18:28 katy | beetle
Skye,
i think i'm gonna try level 14 forest and see how that is ^^' let me know how 8 goes
 Insomnia
03:17:38 Skye
Katy
I'm gonna try out forest 8 ^^
 Insomnia
03:17:17 Skye
Never mind laptop is waaay too slow
 distant-lands
03:17:13 katy | beetle
what's a good terrain / level to explore in? i was one of the many who stuck in forest 5 :')
 Anakin
03:13:44 Sith Happens
Bought 10k explore moves instead of the 1k, oops. So much for saving
 Insomnia
03:12:03 Skye
switched to the laptop not sure i like this though lol
 Enigma
03:11:44 
@Skye
Weird. Try restarting your phone to see if the setting actually saved. The only other thing I could think of is it being a browser setting, eg. if you use chrome see if there's a setting to turn off there
 distant-lands
03:10:14 katy | beetle
marsh,
i'd love to see ^^ i'm not sure how long i'll be online though lol
 starmutt
03:09:48 marsh | they/it
@katy
thanks for the confidence vote haha xD i'll show ya what i come up with if you're around later tehe
 distant-lands
03:09:45 katy | beetle
-WP Click-

how's the gold gear look? i want to get her some type of wing eventually too
 Insomnia
03:09:31 Skye
I turned it off but it decided it's gonna do it anyways
 Insomnia
03:07:47 Skye
Enigma
You're a blessing I'm doing that now
 Enigma
03:07:27 
@Skye
You can turn that off in your phone settings. Best thing I ever did

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Ocelot : +2
Spotted Hyena : +3
Mojave Green Rattler : 0
    Spring Month: 3   Night  Weather:  Light Rain  Moon: 
 Explore In: Now

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Literate
   1    2    3    4    5    6 

Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 15, 2024 10:00 PM

Rushie

Darkseeker

Give Award

Thalinna “Thea” | F | Chaos Goddess | Mentions: Ambrose, Morrigan, Hasiya, Mila, and Theyo (dir)

Before Thalinna had any chance to respond to their beloved, and apparently humorous, demigod, the usually witty Goddess was rendered speechless as Morrigan reacted to the false update with such intensity. She couldn't remember the last time he spoke with this level of emotion. Truth be told, it was quite terrifying to witness… To some. While the deity's words could lower the room's temperature to that of a blizzard, Thea was perplexed by the fire he stoked inside of her chest, making her heart almost flutter. For only a moment, confusion flickered in her expression before returning to normalcy.

‘...Am I into that?’

Just as the thought spoke into her mind, Thalinna quickly shoved it to the very dark abyss where all intrusive thoughts went. This was not the time or place to ponder the possibilities that could explain her flushed cheeks. For now, a situation needed to be handled, and quickly. Otherwise, she'd have to deal with Ambrose running around like a chicken with its head cut off and a poor demigod corpse - It was never fun to anger the God of Death. Without another second to lose, Thalinna’s mouth widened into a grin, amusement and approval obvious. Laughter bubbled up from her lungs and out into the open, as if she had been told the funniest thing known to man.

“Oh my Gods, Theyo! I didn't realize you had it in you, my goodness. If I hadn't visited just last week, I would've reacted the same way as Morrigan here. Oh you, I like you. No wonder Hasiya had fun with you.” While she spoke, Thalinna strategically placed her delicate hand on the base of Morrigan’s back, her nails tracing small shapes as a means of distraction, and hopefully, soothing his anger. Over the years, whether the others noticed or not, Thalinna had a unique ability to somehow temper the gods’ wrath, reducing it to a simmering pot before any of the anger could spill over. Not that he got angry often, but as a deity does, Morrigan took his duties seriously. Though Thea couldn't comprehend his duties, she understood the dedication.

“While I would love to watch all of you tear off each other's heads, that would take much too long. If our schedules allowed more time, it would be a different story. I think it's safe to say we're all a bit on edge, whether it be exhaustion or hunger, Theyo did a wonderful thing getting our adrenaline pumping! Really, we should have cameras - Your face was priceless, Ambrose. Perhaps the panic can chase those yawns away. And Morrigan, darling, I would feel sorry for any being who impeded on your duties. It's inspiring, seeing you so dedicated to your craft.”

Thalinna nonchalantly retracted her hand from Morrigan's back so she could hold up the plate of food Mila gave her, and smiled sweetly. “Come now, some coffee and breakfast will do us some good! But if this does continue after…” She looked over to Morrigan, intrigued. “My bets are on Morrigan kicking all of your asses.”

Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 15, 2024 10:43 PM

The Bewitched

Darkseeker

Give Award

Dahlia | Female | Demigod | Mentions: Indirectly: Bodhi, Mila (Mother Wolf) (Directly: NPC)

As Dahlia basked for a few moments longer in the growing sun, she realized she had some errands to run. With a groan, she gently removed Ondina from her lap and reluctantly began to rise, preparing herself for the day ahead.

Reaching for the shower, she allowed the steam to quickly fill the bathroom, mingling with the invigorating scents of eucalyptus. Her soft green bathroom, bathed in the golden light streaming through the windows, provided a tranquil sanctuary. Closing her eyes, she let herself be enveloped by the warmth, allowing the cares of the day to momentarily slip away.

As the hot water cascaded over her skin, Dahlia felt the tension begin to melt away, replaced by a renewed sense of energy and purpose. With each breath, she allowed herself to fully immerse in the soothing embrace of the shower, feeling refreshed and invigorated.

After indulging in the rejuvenating shower, Dahlia emerged from the bathroom, her skin tingling with freshness and vitality. She wrapped herself in a plush towel and made her way to her wardrobe, where she carefully selected an ensemble for the day.

With Ondina trailing behind her, Dahlia made her way to the kitchen, where she prepared a nourishing breakfast, savoring the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and warm pastries. As she finished up, she fed Ondina before giving her a quick kiss.

“I’ll see you soon, sweets” Dahlia whispered as she walked out the door, already dreading the future interactions she will have.

Moments later

As Dahlia stepped out of the shop, the streets were alive with the hustle and bustle of the waking town, yet Dahlia moved with a serene grace. One of her flings trailed behind her, hands filled with bags from their impromptu shopping spree. Despite the weight of the purchases, Dahlia's companion struggled to keep pace with her effortless stride, a hint of amusement dancing in her eyes as she glanced back at him.

With a playful smile, she slowed her pace, allowing him to catch up. "Having trouble keeping up?" she teased, her voice light and teasing.

He chuckled, a sheepish grin spreading across his face as he adjusted his grip on the bags. "Just a little," he admitted, his eyes sparkling with affection as he fell into step beside her.

As the two entered a cozy coffee shop named "Creation Coffee," the man set the bags down before moving to order her coffee. Dahlia picked a corner table, settling into the comfortable seat and reaching for her phone to text Bodhi.

“Meet at Creation?”

With a satisfied nod, she hit send before setting her phone aside, her attention returning to her companion as he returned with their drinks. She raised an eyebrow as he set the cup in front of her.

“I’ll be meeting a friend here soon. You can take the bags and leave them in the shed at my place,” she said, her tone firm but not unkind, as she took a small sip of her coffee. As Dahlia watched him hesitate, she sent a quick prayer to The Mother Wolf, before giving him a tight smile and reached over, gently touching his hand for a split second.

“I’ll call you later?” she added softly, offering a reassuring smile before turning her attention back to her coffee. With a nod, he quickly gathered the bags, understanding the unspoken cue, and left her to enjoy her second coffee of the day in peace. As the door chimed softly behind him, Dahlia settled back into her seat, grateful for the solitude and the chance to catch up with Bodhi later. She hadn’t seen in a bit, both too busy within their own worlds, but she looked forward to sharing stories and gossiping.

Edited at March 15, 2024 10:47 PM by The Bewitched
Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 15, 2024 11:04 PM

Determined_Wolf

Lightbringer

Give Award

Hasiya | Genderfluid | Deity of Blood, Communication, and Willpower

M: Deities (dir.) and Theyo (dir.)

“On it, boss!” Hasiya said the moment Mila gave him instruction to boil water, giving a mini, two finger salute to the mother of the house. Slipping off the counter, Hasiya grabbed the kettle and held it under the faucet to fill it up almost to the brim before placing it on the burner to boil. Hasiya drummed her fingers along the counter, waiting for the burner to pick up heat before turning to watch as Mila began bringing eggs and toast to others. Hasiya huffed softly and began to place the cups-somewhat aggressively- on the counter.

Mila left Hasiya the pan with the rest of the eggs in it and Hasiya grabbed a fork before sitting back on the counter and beginning to shovel them into her mouth. Hasiya listened into what Theyo was saying and chuckled, swallowing down the current mouthful of food before wiping the corners of her mouth.

“Eh, don’t you think you’re downplaying the human’s chaos, a little, Theyo?” Hasiya called out to him with a smirk, knowing it would frighten the other gods if she played into Theyo’s obvious jest. “All of them acting like heathens and hooligans and causing war and disaster and the likes! And have you seen the-” Hasiya paused. “Morrigan?”

Morrigan suddenly looked coldly at Theyo as the temperature seemed to drop. His brows were furrowed, eyes narrowed, and posture stiff but offensive. Every word of his was filled with disgust for Theyo and for some reason Hasiya felt a twist in her gut. It felt wrong to see him this mad, this furious, over such a simple comment but she needed him to stop. Her right eye burned as she had to put her pan down to quickly remove her sunglasses and- fuck, it hurt!- rub her eyes which was burning by searing pain that pierced through the rest of her skull-

“EEEEEEEEE!”

The kettle went off as Thalinna walked up to Morrigan.

Hasiya silently stumbled off the counter and removed the kettle from the stove as the burning slowly dissipated as the air grew a fraction less tense. Taking a deep breath, Hasiya’s gloved hands gripped the metal of the kettle itself as if to affirm her mettle, her strength, her will. She was not weak. She just… It was just what Morrigan did.

Pouring out the hot water into the cups, he made sure to put the proper tea bags in everyone’s mugs. Hasiya’s eyes glowed slightly under the sunglasses as she looked between Thalinna and Morrigan, her powers cuing her into all she needed to know. Hasiya brought the mugs into the living room where everyone else was with a bright smile. Her hands were still steaming and her gloves needed to be replaced. Hasiya just strode in with a large smile and offered mugs to Morrigan and Thalinna first, inserting herself right next to them to the point where they were obligated to take a step back and apart.

“Tea!” Hasiya just said simply with a large smile, knowing she would earn glares from Thalinna. She said nothing else until the tea was taken before setting out more tea on the coffee table in the living room with a content hum. Hasiya sat down on the couch next to Theyo and personally handed him his mug. As she did, she leaned forward towards his ear.

“Hey, I’m sorry about them, the others can be a bit touchy sometimes,” Hasiya muttered softly. “Look, I get that you might need some quiet, space away from them, you need to be away from them when they start to actually fight, and I need to talk to you sooo..,” his eyes glowed that maroon color as his throat glowed like a dragon’s mouth before spewing fire, “I would like to meet with you upstairs in two minutes.” Hasiya pulled away and smiled, the glowing having faded after Hasiya’s power to persuade others dissipated. It was not an oppressive ability, though she unfortunately still had access to those despite hating them so dearly, but it was merely to suggest to the person what to do. Hasiya looked around at the others and gave a warm smile.

“Welp! Just for the sake of scheduling, why don’t we quickly finish tea so we can get going to the human world? There’s no need to fight in front of company and I’d hate for our family squabbles to get in the way of our buisness!” Hasiya said with a smile slouching into the couch. She really did not want to use her powers on the others, but she would if she had to. He hated this burning, itching, bleeding feeling in his skull and eye.

Edited at March 15, 2024 11:05 PM by Determined_Wolf
Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 15, 2024 11:53 PM

Wilverbeast

Lightbringer

Give Award
Mila | She/Her | Order Leaning

M: (Dir) The gods & Theyo

Mila shot a quick warning scowl in the direction of as she heard cups clattering a little more than necessary. It seemed much like... Well she hated to admit it, but like a mother would when warning. She pinched the bridge of her nose as the watched him shovelling the eggs into his mouths right out of the pan. Problem for another day.

She watched the dmeigod get up with his plate- opening her mouth for a moment before realising he was washing his own plate.

"Oh- dear you didn't have to," She responded as the demigod sat down, hoping she sounded appreciative.

She raised her brows as he spoke again. Shambles. But she had just- in was only early summer, and she knew for a fact humans never caused mass destruction without her domain being attacked in some way. She pursed her lips as if she was going to say something- but the Time and Death beat her to it. Instead she shoved another mouthful of eggs in, looking straight at the demigod as if she felt she was in on whatever this was with him. But she could hear the tone of Morrigan's voice sharpening slightly, and goodness this would escalate quickly.

"Even if this is true- He's young- last night was overwhelming enough. If things are truly that bad one extra day with us getting the full picture will not be the end of the world. I'm sure you would have noticed an unusual tick in the number of souls needing guidance?" She didn't point out that she had just been down there to make sure the season changed accordingly much like Ambrose had said, but she didn't need to.

All was revealed as soon as Thea piped in, her laugh cutting through the overwhelming tension. Mila raised a brow as her getting all cozy with Morrigan- it seemed rather a theatric display, even for Thalinna. Perhaps she had been in on whatever joke this was. Seems she was taking the reigns with easing the situation though, in her own way.

She jumped up as soon as Hasiya yelled tea was ready, forcing a smile and clapping as she did so, like a teacher would to get some children's attention.

"See? All is perfectly fine- and how do they say- dandy?" She turned towards Hasiya, giving her a grateful smile for the interruption.
"Thank you so much dearling. Well now that we're all well and awake as Thea said, who else wants some tea? Or I can retrieve some coffee?" She asked, pointededly looking at the other gods. It seemed Hasiya might need to remind them all what a "pratical joke" was. Whether the timing was appropriate or not was unimportant for the time being. The demigods were always so awfully young- and equally foolish.

She was dragged out of her thoughts as soon as Thea mentioned asskicking, raising an eyebrow as if she was about to challenge that idea.
"Ha! Cute," was all she added.
"So it's agreed, tea and then a file trip!" She finished, not waiting for the other gods to agree nor reject the idea. It was obvious that a trip was needed, any argument could only be to stir up some more drama.

Edited at March 15, 2024 11:55 PM by St. Cloverbeast
Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 16, 2024 10:39 AM

The Tea Drinkers

Darkseeker

Give Award
Bodhi | Male | Human | M: Josh (d) Cal (d) Dahlia (d) Morg (ind) Mila (ind)
The moment the words left Cal's mouth, Bodhi's eyes went wide and dark, and he frowned deeply. "Um...no, thanks. I'll catch you later this afternoon or something," he said quickly, not at all interested in spending more time with Josh than was necessary. He knew Cal wasn't superb at social cues, and he would never call his friend out on this, so he just shrugged. "You can stick to your original plans, I never meant to mess them up. I'll come to your office after one of the lectures today." He managed a smile for Cal, and started to pull away again, and he heard his phone buzz. Glad for the distraction, he pulled it out, and studied the text message with a vaguely sullen look.
It was from Dahlia, and although normally he would've jumped at the opportunity to get away from this awkward conversation, but the thought of going to a coffee shop and engaging in overly-polite conversation was not exactly a thrilling thought for him. He sighed, and rubbed his temples, shoving his phone in his pocket, trying to give himself a moment to decide what he wanted to do. He'd probably go, he did tolerate Dahlia's presence. But the thought that kept him from immediately agreeing to meet with her was the thought that she'd probably just sent away one of her flings, and was looking for some more...civilized company. He pursed his lips, and slowly blew out a long breath. *On my way.* He texted after a moment.
Bodhi turned back to Callie. "Hey, something just came up for me anyways. I'll find you later." His cold, dark eyes moved to Josh, and he gave him a cool, smile. "Have a nice afternoon," he said, his words clipped, and he turned away, heading back down the street towards his friend's usual coffee shop haunt. The walk wasn't too long, but his lips curled in a slight grimace at the way the slight slope of the road bothered his limp. He shook his head, and his mind flashes to Morrigan. God of Death. He'd always carried a high amount of respect for this god in particular, though he held most of them to the same regard. Death was simply something that one could be proud of, because no one could escape it, at least in the human world. Love was something that Bodhi respected, but didn't see the need for. Emotions were for the weak, and anyways, there was no one who had ever cared enough to give it to him. The other god he held the most esteem for was Mila. Anyone who was able to be both terrifying and nurturing deserved his utter respect.
He paused outside the coffee shop, and sent up quick prayers to Morrigan and Mila, then pushed the door open. His nose wrinkled at the overwhelming smell of coffee, but he quickly fixed his face into a neutral expression, and made his way over to where he could already see Dahlia sitting. "Dahlia," he said coolly, sitting down. He considered taking a moment for the usual polite chatter, but he just didn't think he could handle it, and he flicked an imaginary speck of dust off his immaculate coat. "Skip the pleasantries, please. I may have a migraine if you try to be kind."

Edited at March 16, 2024 11:38 AM by The Tea Drinkers
Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 16, 2024 12:35 PM

-Sweet-Poison-

Neutral

Give Award
Theyo | male | Demigod | Mentions; Morrigan(ind), Thea, Hayisa, Ambrose, Mila (dir) |
Theyo sank into the couch as Morrigan spoke harsh words towards him. He was listening and aware of the voice coming from the kitchen a bit before he started speaking, that voice was tuned out immediately as Morrigan began speaking. He had no idea how to respond. The god's voice remained calm throughout the speech, it was slightly intimidating.
As Ambrose spoke the thought crossed Theyos mind to point out that it was, in fact, a ‘cantrip’ as he called it. “Yep, pretty much looks that way.” If he kept going he could convince them all to rush down to the human world and settle things. The humans needed to see more of them anyways, it had been a while since they all walked the streets together.
As Mila spoke he began to think, ‘this is a bit of a quibble i've caused’. He shook off that thought as he heard the screech of the tea kettle. “It's no problem, I can take care of the rest of them if you'd like” he tried to be helpful as he ran a hand through his hair.
Sitting forward, he studied his hands, tracing the lines on his palm with his eyes, a small tactic he picked up and used when he was feeling overwhelmed. As Thea started speaking he snapped out of it and began to listen again, just in time to hear the words ‘i like you’ come out of her mouth.
Theyo pushed his hood further up to cover most of his eyes and leaned back again. “Sure,” he said in reply to Thea’s antics. “Though my bet would be on Ambrose” he glanced over in the God’s direction direction. As Hayisa waltzed into the room with a tray of tea Theyo’s anxiety calmed for a second, “oh, tea. thank you.” he accepted the cup from Hayisa
Theyo sat intently as the God spoke in his ear, and sipped his tea. Something about following her to talk later? ‘Odd, but alright’ he thought, it'd be rude to decline a god anyway. He finished off his tea and set the cup back down on the tray. He then sat back and waited for the god to return to wherever she wanted to talk to him.
He wasn't sure why she'd want to talk to him, and the though of following her just because she said so tripped a wire in his mind. He though again how he could be seen as disrespectful and decided he'd follow anyways.

Edited at March 16, 2024 12:36 PM by -Sweet-Poison-
Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 16, 2024 01:16 PM

Salem

Neutral

Give Award
Ambrose | M | Neutral | God of Time | Mentions: Theyo, Morrigan (dir) Everyone else in the room (ind)
Ambrose nodded, "I'd win, you're right. Morrigan doesn't stand a chance."

He was still watching Theyo, throughout the entire time he had come back to the couch. Well, except for that little interaction with Morrigan.

"I meant that in the nicest way possible, but we all know Death is just a small part of time." Ambrose almost smiled but it wasn't exactly the time for it. The demigods confidence in him though, that was fun.

'It's been a while since there was a demigod I liked.' Ambrose thought to himself, gaze drifting towards Haisya when the god of willpower and communication leaned towards his favourite demigod. Ambrose was a little bit curious to hear what Haisya had said to Theyo, but it wasn't such a huge deal. Right?

Ambrose set a stare on the demigod, somewhat accidentally and unintentionally. He tended to stare when he wanted answers but didn't want to ask directly who or what had the answers.

The stare did look a little aggressive as well, to anyone who wasn't used to it already. Theyo wouldn't have been, Theyo hadn't been around as much as the rest of the gods throughout this little house.

"Anyways," Ambrose began to talk, pretending like he hadn't been just staring, and wasn't still. "Do you guys have specific places you'd like to go to in the human cities? I believe there was a place called..." Ambrose paused for a moment, thinking, trying to recall the name of the place.

"I think it's called 'Bean There Cafe'? It was a coffee shop I used to go to back when I used to visit." Ambrose looked around at the gods in the same room as him. "Thea, ever heard of it?"

Ambrose feared it had been taken down, it wasn't a popular place. It had the best of everything. Sandwhiches, coffee, cake pops, you name it. Maybe they rebranded though? Maybe nobody would know about them because they grew and got a better name or something.

"Maybe we should check in with the other demigods on the way, I imagine they've been pretty lonely without us." Ambrose suggested. Surely the demigods were around still too, right?

The little pang of fear that hit Ambrose when he remembered what Theyo had said about the state of the human cities, worried him a little bit.

'I'm sure it's fine, it is just a joke after all.' He still worried, regardless of what anybody said. If it wasn't like an apocalypse when they visited, Ambrose was still concerned that humans may have become more chaotic and what if they had forgotten about the gods?

Not Thea or Haisya, they joined the humans often enough, but what about Ambrose and Morrigan who didn't visit much? Did they forget about them?

Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 16, 2024 05:06 PM

The Bewitched

Darkseeker

Give Award

Morrigan | Male | God of Death | Orderly | Mentions: Directly- Hasiya. Indirectly - Mila, Ambrose, Thea, Theyo

Morrigan’s eyes briefly darted to Ambrose, observing his fixation on the demigod. It was clear Ambrose had found a new pet. Morrigan clenched his jaw as he bit back a retort just as Thea’s laughter filled the room. Gods, he adored the sound of her laughter. And just like that, the anger that had simmered in Morrigan’s chest dissipated the moment he felt her hand on his back. His eyes widened imperceptibly, his breath catching for a fraction of a second.

As Thea announced the joke, Morrigan refused to feel guilty for his momentary anger. Though he contemplated apologizing to the demigod later, it wasn't Theyo he was truly upset with, but rather himself. What if the humans were descending into chaos? It wouldn't be unprecedented for mortals to incite turmoil, and he wasn't certain if any of the chaos deities would report it. He imagined Hasiya and Thea reveling in the pandemonium below. However, he had forgotten that Mila had recently been there and she would have informed them. His eyes fluttered shut at the realization, taking a few calming breaths as he focused on the shapes Thea traced on his back.

When he reopened his eyes, the anger had dissipated, his thoughts - and heart - clear and steady once more. Well, his heart beat a bit more rapidly because of Thea. He gave her a brief nod of acknowledgment when she praised him before removing her hand. Coldness spread rapidly over him when Thea retracted her hand, and Hasiya quickly inserted himself, forcing Morrigan and Thea to step away.

"Thank you, Hasiya," he murmured, suppressing a grin behind his tea mug as he heard Thea's bet, despite the other gods' protests. Morrigan had no interest in engaging in conflict with his fellow deities. He held too much respect for them and the balance they all contributed to - even the chaos-leaning gods.

There was a strange sensation that swept over him as he contemplated the prospect of walking the mortal streets once more. Was it anxiety? Excitement? Morrigan couldn't quite discern the precise emotion. It was a curious blend of anticipation and apprehension, tinged with a hint of nostalgia for the vibrant chaos of the human world. As orderly as Morrigan was, watching humans revel in their freedom from that responsibility fascinated him. The unpredictable nature of mortal existence was both unsettling and alluring.

The thought of immersing himself in the bustling streets, where life unfolded in its rawest form, stirred something within Morrigan. He longed to observe the ebb and flow of human existence, to witness their triumphs and struggles, their joys and sorrows. There was a certain beauty in their unpredictability, a beauty that resonated with Morrigan. He had spent far too much time confined within the Afterlife realm, becoming enmeshed with the dead.

He hated to admit it, but there was a bit of fear there too. He knew humans didn’t handle death well. The thought of confronting their grief, their pain, their fear of the unknown, stirred a sense of unease within him. He valued those who were devoted to him, blessing them ever so slightly as a token of recognition for their reverence. He missed his temple dearly, reminiscing about the countless times he had frequented its halls, engaging with mortals in moments of both solace and sorrow. It wasn’t unusual to see Morrigan comforting a mortal that was grieving, giving them and their departed a blessing.

Slowly, Morrigan refocused on the present, observing Hasiya whisper something briefly to Theyo. He wasn't particularly interested in listening, although it seemed Ambrose was captivated. Despite Hasiya's inclination towards chaos, Morrigan knew their intentions were genuine. Yet, as the conversations continued, he couldn't shake off the growing fatigue. Still, amidst the weariness, he found himself anticipating visiting the temples and to see if the human world was in fact in chaos.

Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 17, 2024 12:48 AM

Freedom

Neutral

Give Award

Joshua Tilki // 23 // Human // M // Mentions: Cal, Bodhi, Norrix, Astraea

Josh and Cal continued to chatter, and though Josh didn’t give any verbal reaction, he couldn’t help letting out a little exhale of air as Cal called his mother a “saint.” It wasn’t derisive - on the contrary, Josh couldn’t find any point to argue. She was sweet, and maybe she was a bit judgemental, and she set such high standards, but she did mean well. It seemed to him that everyone in town knew and liked his mother. As Cal mentioned the goddess of love, Josh noted the distinctly bitter tone to their voice. He wasn’t so stupid that he couldn’t put two and two together, and figured something must have happened to Cal since they last saw each other - something romantic, probably. But the conversation was moving on, and Josh didn’t pry.

As Cal brought up attracting a lucky someone, Josh’s hand was immediately back at his hair. It was combed back perfectly. Or it had been, before Cal had gone and scruffed it up. Joshua simply laughed as Cal rectified “girl” or “girl or guy.” Josh had dated a lot of people in high school, of any and every gender. This was hardly a problem for him - with the gods representing a wide range of sexualities, this wasn’t a common issue in town. In other places, though . . .that could be different.

Cal gave Josh a little tease about his flaunting, and though Josh remained grinning and aloof, he did turn the phrase over in his head. “But the key with flaunting is knowing when to do it.” What did that mean? Was Josh being too confident? Was that even possible? It wasn’t like they were at a funeral or anything - he wouldn’t flaunt at a funeral. He could be properly somber if the occasion called for it. I could be somber right now, dammit, Josh thought to himself, ready to defend himself in his imaginary argument, prepared to commence full blowing-things-out-of-proportion. He deflated slightly, trying to find just the right amount of flaunting. But he puffed right back up when Bodhi came strolling along, and by the time everyone had gathered he was back to chest out, smile hitched on, like he always was.

As Cal introduced herself, she gave a roguish grin and a simple compliment: “Nice tats.” Josh was smiling wickedly even before they started stumbling over themselves to apologize, and he gave a laugh thinly disguised as a cough into his hand, glancing sideways at Cal and catching their eye. Josh was still vigorously petting Nectar’s head, and she was panting and wiggling happily. Though, really, Josh couldn’t say he was giving her half as much attention as Cal, who absolutely looked like Christmas had come early. Josh was just getting ready to say something, but it looked like Bodhi had beaten him to it. Josh scowled and knelt down to look Nectar in the eye, just to distract him from hearing how effortlessly Cal and Bodhi were talking to each other. “She’s a real beaut,” Josh told Norrix, nodding at Nectar. “Looks like she’s doing good. You’re both doing good, huh? What are you doing nowadays? Job-wise.”

Josh was happy making some light chit-chat until Bodhi cleared off, but he was suddenly distracted by a truly terrible suggestion from Cal. He wanted Bodhi to come with them? It wasn’t even that Josh hated Bodhi, because he didn’t really - he didn’t trust him, but he didn’t hate him. But Josh had just gotten back, and he wanted to catch up with Cal. And he wouldn’t have guessed that Bodhi was any too keen on hanging out with him either. Josh hadn’t planned for this, he hadn’t accounted for this, and he felt frozen in place trying to decide what to do. If he said no, he’d look like an ass, and he didn’t want Cal to think that about him. It was nothing short of a miracle, then, when Bodhi immediately turned down the offer. So if someone’s going to look bad, Josh thought with relief, at least it’s not me. He shrugged like he couldn’t care less, and turned away as Bodhi left, figuring he wouldn’t get any kind of goodbye.

Joshua gave a sarcastic look to Cal and Norrix, like they were all in on some kind of joke together. “That’s Bodhi for you, isn’t it? But hey, Cal, you want a third person to tag along?” He nodded towards Norrix, then turned directly to her. “Had something to eat yet, Norri? We’re just gonna walk down and grab a bite, you want to come with us?” He wouldn’t have asked her if Cal hadn’t just asked Bodhi. It wasn’t necessarily out of spite - maybe a little out of spite. But mostly because now that Cal had invited someone else, Josh felt it wouldn’t be too rude for him to do the same. He wanted to socialize, wanted to catch up with them, and it would be great to be able to talk to both at the same time - and they seemed to be getting along.

Josh waited for their replies, and as he did he glanced aside and noticed someone else he was sure he knew. The last few weeks had been a barrage of old acquaintances, and it looked like today was going to be no different. “Hey!” he called out, because they had just turned on their heels to walk away. He took a step back to get a better look, squinting as he tried to remember where he knew her from. And then it clicked. Astraea. The demigod. The girl from school, though she hardly looked like a fourteen-year-old anymore. She also, inexplicably, had a large bird on her shoulder. Josh wasn’t sure what he could even say to her, but he had just yelled after her, and he ought to say something. “Astraea,” he said in a tone that was even but not cold. “Josh. Remember me?”

Edited at March 17, 2024 12:50 AM by Freedom
Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 17, 2024 07:47 PM

Storm Runner

Neutral

Give Award
Astraea | Female | 19 | Demigod | Mentions: Josh (direct), Bodhi, Cal, Norrix (indirect)
Well. Just her luck. Astraea always took a slightly different path for each if her morning walks with Phoebe, and of course she would randomly come across the one person she hasn't seen in some time, not that she wanted to see him. And of course he would've noticed her, right at the moment when she adamantly did not want to be noticed.
She was seriously considering continuing on her way and pretending that she had not heard Josh calling after her. After a moment, though, she decided not to- his tone of voice wasn't particularly annoying or unpleasant, so she resolved to be as civil as possible.
Astra turned around with deliberate slowness, wondering if she was making the wrong decision. Ah, well, too late now. Or maybe not. She could still turn away again and hope that Josh stayed where he was, but that would be rude and certainly would not help with their already rocky relationship.
She reached up to her shoulder and stroked Phoebe's head gently, almost on reflex. The cockatiel could usually pick up on Astra's feelings and would react accordingly, cheering her up when she was upset. However, Phoebe had the habit of getting agitated whenever Astraea was irritated or angry, so she'd gotten used to soothing the bird before going into an... upsetting situation.
Astra was only a few yards away from where Josh and the other people- his friends, perhaps?- were standing, so she figured that it was unnecessary to go any closer. She noticed that one of them seemed to have left. Good for him.
"Well," she said levelly, "... Hello, Josh. Long time, no see, I suppose. And I could hardly not remember you." She did her best to keep her face devoid of expression. And then, before she could help herself, she added, "What do you want?"

Edited at March 21, 2024 10:58 AM by Storm Runner

Forums > Roleplay > Literate
   1    2    3    4    5    6 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us