07:25:52 Silent, Lucid
Thoughts?
-Click-
 Gallifrey Falls
07:24:18 Allons-y / Myth
Hello
 kycantina
07:20:12 ky
Salem, I think Astley is a beautiful option for him :)
 Apothecary
07:20:07 Medicinally Autistic
Wondering if I should profit off of the new boots. I have 700 moonflowers

I could always save my moon flowers too.
 Salem
07:15:42 Rumi
Name ideas? :3
-WP Click-
 Apothecary
07:14:09 Medicinally Autistic
Time to redo my pack page xD
 Hallow's Eve
07:11:08 Hallow, Eve
Man IÂ’m ready for classes to be over
 Vennenum
07:08:55 Venn/Venne
Moonnight - save them?
 Moonnightshade
07:07:58 
I have 3 wolf party tokens but my den is full and I don't have premium or apples :(
 Transcendence
07:03:49 free palestine
Imagine Eve banning all rick roll suspected links for the lols
 Boeing
07:02:12 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
I only clicked it because it wasn't a WP forum link lol
wait. I swear... one day someone's uploading a gif of rickroll onto postimages >.>
 kycantina
07:00:23 ky
Con, one day you're going to need us to actually click the links you send and by then it'll be too late
 Geo
06:59:32 xx
venn
i can only imagine LOL
 Convivial
06:59:27 You've been Conned
Venn
It's an option on phone cameras that zooms out, makes anything up close look really funny so people will take pictures of eachother with 0.5 just for jokes
 Salom_
06:59:25 Sal, Salmon
Convivial
A bit! ItÂ’s silly, I like it
 Salom_
06:59:03 Sal, Salmon
Venn
.5 is a camera zoom setting! You can take funny looking pictures if you zoom out til it says “.5x”
 Vennenum
06:58:16 Venn/Venne
Whats 0.5?
 Vennenum
06:57:54 Venn/Venne
That negative sign needs to be larger.

Lost count how many times we get this question. Lmao

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Badger : +3
Copperhead : -4
Mojave Green Rattler : +5
    Winter   Night  Weather:  Clear  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Literate
   1    2    3    4    5    6 

The Last Remaining - Literate WolfDecember 26, 2021 11:16 AM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award
Choenyi - Female - 5 years - Mentions: Probably everyone except Acesco and Yalina

Choenyi could see that the other wolves were becoming more willing to fall in line now that Callidora had submitted to her and nobody else had outrightly challenged her. Callidora had probably vented their feelings. While they might be unhappy, she believed they were willing to work underneath her for this one hunt. She would need it to be a success if she had any chance of leading next time. She was glad that Nekti volunteered and they now had a straight plan of action. She nodded her head curtly agreeing with him. She remembered seeing him do it in the past. She might have dashed off after Nekti, but another wolf appeared from the other direction.

If they had claimed this area as their territory, she might have been more hostile about a random wolf having the audacity to walk up. However, she decided that suspicion might be more called for. Why would a wolf approach them? Her snout opened, and Nekti had come back in time to butt in. She nodded her head once in agreement. She took the time to size up the other wolf, and came to the conclusion that she would have a good chance at beating him. "Beebrain. Why did you think it was a good idea to walk into the middle of a group of arguing wolves? Why do you think food would solve this argument?" Her fur was raised and she was very tempted to knock him over. His civil tone ruffled her fur. It was too controlled.

It was her instinct to insult, but she hadn't immediately attacked him. She decided to try that again. If he were part of a pack, being civil was probably the correct course of action. Making an effort to sound more civil, she asked. "Who are you and what are you doing here?" She inhaled deeply trying to figure out more about him. As far as she could tell he didn't have companions with him, nor had he tried to disguise his scent.

Something about his scent. She thought she had smelled it before.

"What do you want?"

There had to be a reason. Nobody would walk into the middle of an unscouted group without a good reason. Why did he care what happened to them.

"You from around here?" She liked the idea of having another wolf to boss around during the hunt. However, if he was a lone wolf, he might be totally ruined and not know how to work as a team. She turned around aware of Callidora's scent becoming stronger. She was about to chew her out for coming back, because she knew there was no way she had found an acceptable piece of prey for them to catch. She closed her mouth when another strange male appeared. Her fur shot back up again. This had to be the strangest trap she had ever seen. These wolves must be in cahoots together. She approached Callidora and said in a low tone meant for the two of them. "Maybe they're working together. I wouldn't put it past them."

It might seem unusual the way they would fight and that Choenyi would approach Callidora first as if they were allies, however, she believed that Callidora would be a much more stubborn and spirted fighter. Something seemed to have been taken from Nekti. Their chances would be better if they worked together. Where was Neziton? She realized he should be here to help hunt. Choenyi barely contained a rumbling sound in the back of her throat. She didn't like being talked down to by some impertinent stranger. "We aren't trying to hide our presence, because we don't fear little icky loners." She glared at the one that had come with Callidora. She wondered why she had brought back a condescending creep, until she remembered that it was better to be able to see your potential enemies, and perhaps he could help with hunting.

She knew that they were strong. They had survived the illness. "If you are so strong, then why did you come to us." In the next moment he was giving orders, and she was slightly confused by what happened next. She huffed trying not to mess up her exterior of being tough. However, perhaps laughing would put him in his place more than anything. Nekti had caught the moose by the antlers and what he said made sense, and it probably would stir up the stranger's pride. She quickly got control over her laughter, as she didn't want to be distracted. She had no idea if Acesco would actually be good back up, but she knew Yalina wouldn't be. How did Callidora feel about one of them going to get them? Callidora might fight better if Yalina were present.

"I don't think the one who offered us...a snack is part of a pack." She hadn't gotten a chance to assess the arrogant one. However, she wouldn't put it past them that they were acquaintainces. If they hadn't been together long, the scent would have disapated soon. "Callidora, did you invite him to be part of our pack?" She deliberately chose the word, as she didn't want to be in any part of agreement with the one that had come back with her. If he didn't respect them, why did he want to join them?

Her head jerked around back to the other wolf, as he started being indignant about the way they had treated him. Poor baby she rolled her eyes. He needed a tougher skin. Why would he puff their confidence as he left? "Why do you want us to eat that food so badly?" she let slip as he started to walk away. She was annoyed that the other loner was following him. Her ears stood on end and her tail raised in shock, as he said his name. Avis. She had met an Avis before. It was a long time ago by the border. She liked to tell him he wasn't allowed across the border, and that she wasn't supposed to leave the border, and then walk across so that they could hang out freely. It was definitely less complicated that way. He was one of the few wolves who didn't mind her temperament.

She started to race towards him and pounced on him and rolled him over. "Ave! Is it really you?" This way she had a good look at his face. She was close enough where his familiar scent filled her nose. Her tail was wagging furiously. She knew that she had taken him at least slightly surprised. "It's Choenyi!" She knew that she had recognized his scent. If it was the wrong Avis this would be really awkward. She got off him and let him up. "You should join us and hunt. You get could some fresh food for once." If this was teh Avis she knew and loved, she was willing to go eat the carcass with him. Although she would prefer some fresh food.

The Last Remaining - Literate WolfDecember 26, 2021 12:28 PM

Red Moon

Lightbringer

Give Award

-Avis-
Mentions: Choenyi

The male had already taken several paces away from the clan of wolves, or whatever they were. Obviously, some tension was between the group and Avis personally didn't want any part of it. In his experience, packs either stood firm and prospered, or they were torn apart by power hungry wolves. And that certain group already seemed to have a couple screws loose, so he was not willing to stick around much longer to watch the carnage. Avis preferred a simple life. One without the dramatics and bloodshed that typically came with pack life.

Being on his own for most of his life had been a little tough, but above all, it had been peaceful. No wolves were around to tell him what to do. He slept on his own schedule and could rise even when the sun was already high in the sky. He ate what he wanted, had no responsibility to anyone else. Simple. But lonely. So across his lifetime, he was welcoming to any strangers he met along the way. Occasional acquaintances never hurt, as long as they had no ill intentions. Sharing a meal or a shelter for a couple days was pleasant. But at the end of it all, Avis was left standing alone. And maybe that was what he preferred. Or maybe that was all he was used to.

As he continued walking away from the pack, the sound of quick steps made his ears swivel around. When he turned to cast a glance behind him, Avis was met with a wolf racing at him. Unprepared, he easily fell with an audible "Oof..". Staring up at the female, he had been too frazzled to think straight and to even recognize his friend. Instead, his mind was racing as to why she had decided to change her tune so fast and pin him down. What had he done now?

"Have you gone insan-"

Ave! Is it really you? It's Choenyi!

His amber eyes blinked in surprise. Now his body relaxed. Before it had been flexing as he tried to fight the wolf off of him. "Choenyi?". As she climbed off of him, he rose back to his paws, eyeing the stranger who he slowly began to recognize. "Cho!". Once he was sure of himself, his tail began to wag behind him as his ears flicked forward. With a smile, he trotted over to her to give her a gentle nudge on the cheek. "It's so good to see you. Fresh food sounds wonderful..." He glanced back towards the group of wolves and lowered his voice. "But your little group there is... well, they obviously don't like me. I don't want to stir up any trouble. And besides, this one" he motioned to the brown male "wants some free food and I cannot blame him. I am gonna lead him over. Perhaps after the carcass is cleaned up, I will join your hunt. But any of you are welcome to help clean up the bones with us." He offered her a smile.

The Last Remaining - Literate WolfDecember 26, 2021 12:39 PM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
Callidora
Female || Three || Mentions: Choenyi, Nekti, Peony, Avis

"You speak too much."

Eyes drilling into the first stranger, her lips twitched with vexation. His previous words had sunken in, the rudeness and boldness of them. His words did little to phase her, until a certain.. sentence was spoken from his lips.

"Why you weaklings are still alive is beyond me."

"You know nothing," she spoke in monotone, gaze filled with such wrath and exasperation, it was a wonder how she managed to hold it for so long. Callidora stared without blinking, without breathing, as if both judging and observing the male before her. What did he know? Who did he think he was, sauntering over and demanding his questions be answered? What did he know about weakness. The male needed to be humbled, or lectured, or something. "How about you wait until we ask the questions, yeah?" Not entertaining him any further, Callidora managed to do little to conceal her growing disapproval, that is, until he closed in on Nekti and Choenyi.

Casually, Callidora inserted her figure between the stranger and the others, eyes glued upon him. She didn't trust him. She didn't like him. She didn't want his presence here after all. These were difficult times indeed, though that didn't give one reason to act so boldly. He was lucky herself and the others weren't more aggressive. He was lucky to be upon their camp, and yet he still spoke in such a way? He still-

A sudden, high-pitched laugh was sounded. "I'm sorry, what?" Callidora's head whipped towards him with a look of pure amusement on her face. That was it? He decided to join their.. clan? The female continued to release a chuckle before her face fell. "You don't get to make that decision." While he would be a good addition in terms of survival, frankly, she didn't believe half of his words. Even Choenyi understood the humour behind his words, laughing as well as if this were all some inside joke. "What makes you think you can approach us, demand and order us for your benefit, and then claim to now be part of our.. clan?" She stepped towards him, eyes narrowing. "I don't know where you came from, but that's not how things work around here. That's not how we function, is that understood?" His confidence truly got on her nerves. It was seen by her eye twitch, which had started up again.

Callidora didn't like him. His character was off, not to mention the way he spoke, especially towards the second stranger. The way he demanded to be taken to food, one would think they didn't know one another, but the idea certainly couldn't be passed up. Not that easily. For all she knew, it could be an act and, oh, this was a large predicament indeed.

At least Nekti understood, declining the offer for food.

Her ears perked when Choenyi neared her, mentioning them working together. "That's what I was thinking, but it's an odd trick, if I would even call it that." Just like that, the two began to work together, despite having obvious disputes with one another. While there may be frustration between them at times, at least they understood when to put their disagreements past them. Callidora knew that Choenyi was a good fighter with a strong spirit. Even if there were times where they disliked one another, she was good to have on the team. Opening her mouth, she closed it softly when Nekti began to speak, answering her earlier question.

Callidora nodded, eyes still remaining on the two trespassers. For a moment, however, they did snap onto Nekti, a look of pride flashing in her eyes before vanishing. She had seen Nekti head to her aid, only to turn back to Choenyi. For a moment, Callidora had felt bitter at the sudden abandonment, but then.. then she remembered. Nekti didn't do that to absolutely anyone! It meant he trusted her to do the right thing. He believed she didn't need help and was able to take care of herself. While action minuscule, Callidora couldn't help but feel at ease for a moment, a smile tugging at her lips, as if she had just made her parents proud. However, she swallowed that smile. After all, it wasn't the right timing. Not in front of strangers. Instead, she flicked her ears, focusing back on the true matter at hand.

"They seem as if they don't know one another, but for all we know, it's a ploy." Tone dipping, she continued, "the brown one has too much ego as well, may I add." Bitterly, she threw a glance at the first stranger before her hackles raised at the mention of Yalina and Acesco.. in danger. How could she forget? What if a third wolf had found them? What if they were currently fighting? That couldn't be.. she would have heard a howl.. unless they're already dead. No! She couldn't think that way.

Turning to Choenyi, Callidora released a scoff. "Please, you think I would invite a random individual to join our group? To endanger us? To endanger Yalina?" Pure bafflement was seen in Callidora's face as she gazed at Choenyi. Did she even know her? "I merely hinted that a deal could be made." Leaning in closer to the other female, she explained. "I meant to bring this up. He could help in our hunt in exchange for a piece. Who wouldn't take that offer up? That way, both parties win. He gets his food, we have food and the chance of a more successful hunt, and then off he goes on his way." Her plan was realistic. Gazing at Nekti, she sought out his counsil for a brief moment, wondering what his input would be on her plan. There would be no reason for the brown wolf to attempt and betray them. Only a fool would pass up such an offer. He'd practically be getting a meal for free by helping.

Releasing a sight, she turned to Nekti and Choenyi once more. "We really need to go on more patrols to warn others of our presence." Muttering her words, it must have been a weak scent if these two hobbled on over, ignoring that this area was claimed for now. Rather than speaking any further, Callidora began to think things through if this took a turn for the worse. Nekti had a good height, though she and Choenyi were on the shorter end. However, the brown one was also on the shorter end, being around the same height as herself. The grey one was on the taller end as well, so if a fight ever went down, it would be fairly even. Especially if herself or Choenyi went to go warn Yalina and Acesco.

"Nekti, you should probably stay here regardless." She knew that he would understand what she was trying to say. He was taller and had more experience. If there was a fight, he'd be the best out of them all, so he needed to stay and..

Callidora turned to the grey one, huffing when he spoke. "I don't smell anybody, no." That still didn't mean she trusted him. This could still be a plan of sorts. For all she knew, they waited until there were no scents and.. Was she being too paranoid? No, it was better safe than sorry as she liked to say. "Indeed, we would pummel you if it came down to it." Her words were less directed to the grey one, now called Avis, but moreso to the brown one. His arrogance would be his downfall, she could see it now. He needed to understand that his attitude wasn't tolerable, not here.

She watched as the grey- Avis trotted off before hesitating. He spoke well, that was certain. He had proper points as well. What if he was telling the truth? Food, even a little, could help Yalina. Callidora would offer her portion as well. That could certainly help her sister grow stronger. It was what she needed. It was clear that Callidora was confused on what to do. Risk following this Avis, and end up finding free food or falling into a trap, or go hunting where it would be either successful or unsuccessful. Pondering, Callidora glanced briefly in the direction of where Yalina and Acesco were before turning to Nekti. "What do you think we should do?"

She paused, eyes suddenly snapping onto Choenyi as the female raced away. Lips curling up, Callidora, for a moment, believed that this was it. A fight was about to break out. Preparing herself, Callidora positioned herself into a defensive stance, her head lowering to protect her neck. "What is she doing?" She suddenly questioned, head lifting as Choenyi, in fact, did not attack, but seemed almost.. excited? "Is her.. tail wagging?"

"Ave! Is it really you? It's Choenyi!"

"Choenyi? Cho!"

Why, this reunion was enough to make a grown wolf cry, or in Callidora's case, throw up. Disgust flew over the female's face as it twisted into confusion, only to rest on an expression radiating pure annoyance when the grey male was invited to the hunt.

"Hold on, you can't just make this decision, Choenyi." Speaking up, the female stepped forward. "You didn't even ask for our opinions before inviting Avis, Ave, whoever that is on our hunt." Motioning to herself and Nekti, Callidora stared at the paler coated male. At least Callidora brought her plan to the others revolving around the first stranger rather than jumping right into it and inviting him without discussion. She valued their opinions, the least she expected was for her own thoughts to be valued in return.

Turning to Avis, Callidora shook her head. "It's not that we don't like you, we don't know you. You're a stranger." Her sternness decreased slightly, her eyes locking onto Choenyi as her tone lowered. "How do you know one another?" Callidora wasn't going to argue, she hoped the other female knew that. She was simply hoping for answers. Putting her pride and stubbornness behind her, the female gazed at Choenyi. There was a long silence before she spoke again. "If you truly trust him, then I will believe you." She was putting trust in Choenyi, and she hoped it wouldn't backfire on her. If the other female believed Avis would benefit the group, then Callidora would be willing to work together, so long as he was no threat to herself, the others, and especially Yalina.

The Last Remaining - Literate WolfDecember 26, 2021 01:38 PM

Nez.ity

Game Moderator
Darkseeker

Give Award
Neziton || 4 years old || Mentions: Everyone || Warrior

Dazed, drunk, and high off the belief there was a greater power at work, Neziton nearly forgot he was alive. His muttering became nothing more than jumbled words and his eyes stared in dazed. Maybe finally he realized that not only has he's been neglecting the group needs and clearly his own to feed himself; that he's been in a stumble and tumble through this history. Everybody knows this, history can't always just appear out of thin air, it has to be written- written by someone able to stay alive to see it through. Shaking his head in disbelief of the fact he allowed himself to grieve for way too long, Neziton forced himself up-wincing from the stabbing pains of being weighted down by his thick coat. His crooked ears twitched from the sound of chatter; was that there before? Or has he's been in his own world for too long, he knew that feeling all too well; being drawn into a void of thoughts and opinions where you have to disagree with yourself to know right from wrong. Not everybody knows that though. Some canines allow themselves to be wrong even if they're right. He forced his paws to be dragged toward the chatter, growling as it echoed through his ears that were pinned against his head. Neziton skin crawled; the sound of talking made his reactive ass pissed; he wanted to scream out to just be quiet and let the silence between the air make the sounds for them. Now don't mistake Neziton for a tree-hugging, peace-loving fool; no. He wants peace for a different reason; death doesn't always have to happen, people can just live in their own utopian. The thought of something like that made Neziton's nose twitch, he lifted his gaze and noticed the group dispersed into groups. Almost like labels, or boxes- whichever you prefer to call them. He knew each of their personalities weren't built for each other, where was Neziton in this fold? Who does he side with, who would he go to and discuss the matters at hand? They needed food, they needed a leader- someone who wasn't crazy enough but just the right type of pure mad-shit. Neziton noticed he was walking way too close for comfort and didn't want to rudely walk between all that was happening.

What was happening? He managed to walk close enough to watch, he was ready for a hunt and to eat; getting all fat and chunky was the only thing on his right now and here they were having a family reunion. Canines were lost and they were socializing? Maybe not understanding since the only thing on Neziton's mind was finding food, he lowered his head and took a sniff from the ground before casually pawing at it; this was awkward and even so a bit boring. Lifting up his head and over his shoulder, Neziton showed clear signs of boredom that or he was waiting for the grand leader to pop from the forest boldly scolding everyone to get to work instead of chatting. Was he daydreaming again, or did he have the hots for that? His fur bristled.

I want to address something, Neziton hots for a strong leader comes from a deep deep issue with well strong leaders. That goes to say, he's not a stalker- unless you count peering around his mother's tail to stalk his beloved? Does that really count when he knew nothing about young love? He's been this way since forever, he could accept any soulmate request, this is not called desperation. No, do not mistake his need for love as such; he's merely assuming the rank of a not-so-picky brute with the thoughts of a nutshell. Here is the confusing part, Neziton even if he did want to admit that he has a crush within the group couldn't show it; he treats everyone the same. Always with the wide eyes and the scoffing laughter along with the speeches of forgetting what you learned as a canine because, in the long run, they're wild animals who fight and kill to survive. No matter how you look at it, Neziton will always be right; if he does find someone who could counter his opinion then maybe they'll love to start a family and have 10 puppies. Yes 10, next.

Neziton's eyes peered back to the group, he noticed a few and sure he didn't know their names by heart only their faces. His mother raised him to be patient with others, so he'll wait until they're done and allow himself to walk between them to get a word in; his mouth felt the need to open and shut as though he's in the conversation.

Understanding why Neziton needs, no desire to speak his mind is because being oppressed is something he's not all for, he desires to put in his cents and allow people to take it in; he seeks an argument, someone to put him in his place, but respectfully Neziton isn't as bad as this post makes him seem. He's calm but deadly, his tongue is the real issue. Neziton has no remorse for those who can't see or refuse to see the bigger picture. How could someone live in such ignorance? Yes, even the mind of a canine can have doubts of the mind of a canine. He wonders if he was made only to fight the battle everyone refuse to fight.

" Can we please see the bigger picture here! Food isn't going to walk up to us and invite themselves into our belly! Animals don't care if we sit here and debate and focal with each other,"

That is what he would have said if the image of his mother growling didn't stop him, Neziton twitched his nose and watched them closely. He made his way closer, to at least be seen. He noticed Callidora talking, gross. I mean; no Neziton actually gagged at the thought of the female chatting- he did like the female...actually he liked all the females...not in a weird stalker way of course. He was a female lover, though some of them did make Neziton wince in cringe. He thought they were extra, lovely tails but super extra attitude; something that Neziton's mother would be rolling in her grave if he ever got with one.

He listened and narrowed his eyes to the stranger, trying not to make eye contact since it'll be a bit weird too; Neziton just did a quick " Fake glance to check what's behind them" act before looking away again, smooth. He didn't know what was going on, but he wanted to join the hunt now; he was ready as he'll ever be, humming to himself he decided to get comfortable noting that whenever Callidora was talking she would take a while to calm down. Who knew that Neziton would actually listen to someone else concerns instead of looping us back into his void of reality where he would only belittle himself...

Anyways, he seemed to be in reality, or what seemed like reality. He was still seeing things like Aonich's darkish pelt standing in the far distance staring deadly at him," D...do you see him," He would mutter to himself in a shocked expression, this had to be a daymare; Neziton was just a delusional canine with a wild imagination to the unknown. No one was there, right? Why couldn't they see him, were they crazy and Neziton just experiencing an out-of-body point of view on how to deal with this grief?

He couldn't lose his head now, they needed him. They needed the calm and reasonable Neziton; not the overly cautious, untrusting Neziton.

He waited.

Edited at December 26, 2021 01:48 PM by Nez.ity
The Last Remaining - Literate WolfDecember 26, 2021 04:45 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

[ Peony/Three/Mentions:Everyone ]

“You know nothing.”

He fixed his vision onto her tensed limbs, voice supporting nothing but thick veins of dreary, raw hostility. It aroused a certain flicker of uncertainty within his core, drawing nothing but a snippet, a crumb, a miniscule speck of regard from his haughty disposition. She reminded him of someone. But an annoying buzz of vocals berated his train of thought, nagging his attention with simple words of spite. Icky loners? He briefly shifted to the side, searching for the child the scrappy clan must have sought to defend, but when he could only identify the frames of two adults, naturally, the males face shrinked with nausea. Old bag. He crowed inwardly, the presence of the capable looking male at her side proving a competent deterrent. He wouldn’t want to be in too bad with his new clan members–he’d just have to confront her later and order some type of replacement; perhaps he would be able to trade her in for something better…yes, he’d fix this dump of a force right up.

But when he had declared himself an addition, the last thing he had expected was a giddy, tasteless spell of laughter to vacuum the strained and bitter air. One voice resembled the texture of granular sand, and the other, wicked. Like a witch. He turned to Sandy, gaze emptied besides the bullets of bile and outrage that lit his pupils like a clap of lightning. He wanted to speak, to scorn her like an insect, but had only blinked instead, for he knew no words would come out, just his teeth. And for some reason, this clan valued her…somewhat. He could see it by the notions. So bloodying himself would be of no use, for now at least. Besides, Josie always told him to squash bugs outside.

Switching his gaze back towards….Cally flora? -..That's how Sandy pronounced her name, wasn’t it,--Peony frowned, for the ridiculing hint in her voice had progressed from a mere drop, to a strong current; frosting gradually with every remark he seemed to make. She seemed pissed now; inching towards him with an eyelid that seemed to tremble in an agitated twitch. Reflexively, he hung back, descending onto his rump and allowing his head to lean rearward in a gentle crane. And when she asked him if he understood, finally, a grin had fissured the space between his jowls. Normally, he despised when other canids even attempted to string him around, fronting some type of authority like that gave them the right to bestow him orders. But Peony had already fixed his jaws in an obliging click despite the strong feeling of vexed contempt prowling minaciously at the back of his throat. “Sure thing Cauliflower.” He snorted. Again, she reminded him of someone.

Now the male stood before the newcomer. He offered food, so he was going to take him up on it. He let his nails fall back against the softened earth, emitting nothing but fumes of freshly laid soil; he had uprooted the dirt the moment he had landed here, a product of his own excitement.When the male had eventually replied back, namely to his uncomely shove, Peony scowled, sliding his lips back over his teeth whilst a grumpy shadow smoked over his brightened gaze. But before he could demand any progress once more, the others had got to him first; babbling about their suspicions and what not. He couldn’t grasp the need to care. He just wanted to eat. “Just ignore them. Look at me.” Peony began with a growl, but the stranger had already begun to interact. Dramatically he flung his head back in a silent groan, simultaneous to his sway of head, he pursed his vision at the inclusion of yet another face, a black male. And in terms of coloring; clad in off-white boots which were also replicated at the ears. It intrigued him, just how many more would flock to this clearing? –Inspecting him and foolishly turning down the prospect of food for their own suspicious cause. But it's not like he wanted them convinced either.

While the stranger began to justify his case, Peony simply stared. Well more like glared. He scissored through the males pelt; involuntarily admiring the feathery image his pelage seemed to portray. Dammit! Even in his head, he loathed the feeling of liking something. If someone threatened torture for a simple compliment; the choice would be easy. He’d resort to neither and strip them of their whiskers and fur because he’s a God. Amongst his brooding, there came a sudden jolt, and then a pasty gray tail had slapped him in the face, tickling his nostrils and eliciting a startled wince. –Face contorted into a plant of furrowed confusion. Had he just been attacked? Quickly, Peony snapped his gaze towards his assailant, leaping to his paws and bounding at his side with aggressively tensed muscles. “You did that on purpose.” He spat softly. “You’ll have to die.” Huffing petulantly, the male continued his strides, eyeing the male with an unkind look. “You’re a fool for giving your name. Now you’ll have a bunch of weaklings whining like cows when they want something done.” He wasn’t finished. “And I think Cloudy suits you better.” Avis? The fuck? No, he’s Cloudy.

“Now pick up the pace, I want to see if I’m wasting my time or not.” –Is what he wanted to say, but a dart of dark brown fur crashed into his assailant. And in just a blink, Cloudy was gone. Bastard! She fucking killed him. Resolutely, Peony gyrated, preparing to exact his hunger pained anger on the bag who destroyed his chance at food, but he paused, deadpanning irritably. It was a reunion. Or at least that's what it looked like. And you know what, it better be because the last thing he’d want to see is some type of gross lovefest. He could already taste the bile tickling his throat. He stood there, simply observing their flickering exchange of words with a twitching tail. When Sandy mentioned a hunt, he almost scoffed. There was food right there per what Cloudy described. No sane canid would prefer an exhausting race for prey than a free meal; especially in times like these. So when Cloudy showed some approval at the sound of a hunt, he slumped wearily. But then came the words of confirmation he was looking for.

He rapidly nodded his head, showcasing pointed incisors in a lazy, frustrated grin. “He’s busy.” Although he possessed a nose and enhanced senses, the male couldn’t track for his life; getting lost in places more often than not. Which is precisely why Josie had selected a specific area for him to stay in, but he had ignored her warnings. Something he was subconsciously coming to regret. She was taking longer than usual to find him. Clearing an inward throat, Peony shook the clinging detritus from his mane of fur, eyeing the two expectantly with sharp eyes. “Let's go now. Cauliflower will be expecting me back.” He snipped somewhat calmly. Even though they had faltered in terms of his acceptance into the clan, it's not like he was going anywhere. She had to take responsibility.
The Last Remaining - Literate WolfDecember 26, 2021 05:04 PM

Freedom

Neutral

Give Award

Nekti // Male // 6 years, 4 months // Mentions: Callidora, Choenyi, Avis, Peony, Neziton, Yalina (ind.)

The grey wolf had a certain centered calmness about him, in his way of dealing with the pack and in his way of dealing with the other wolf. Nekti took a small step back, not a fearful reaction but rather a small gesture of respect. He would grant some dignity to this wolf - it seemed like he would be capable of maintaining it. Even if he had something planned, even if these two wolves were playing some strange game of pompous wolf, reasonable wolf, it seemed that they might be able to deal with the grey wolf without resorting to violence or intimidation. Was he genuinely trying to help them? If he was, he wasn’t likely to have long in this world. But Nekti figured his game was a bit more useful to himself. He was looking for a pack, though he might not be so eager once he found out how few of them remained. The idea of these two wolves coming at the same time being a coincidence was laughable, but maybe they were both playing for pack positions or maybe they were competing. The ways they played it might have made Nekti more inclined to believe the grey wolf, but as of now he was suspending his judgment. Choenyi, of course, made things immediately worse by resorting to hostility and slander. Nekti might not have believed in excessive diplomacy, but immediate defensiveness was about equally as effective. “Icky little loners.” Sometimes Nekti found it hard to believe that Choenyi was nearly as old as him. Even when they’d both been young wolves, she’d been a prime example of the difference between age and maturity. Nekti shifted as Callidora moved towards Choenyi, but he maintained his position.

As Nekti spoke about the two wolves and their potential danger, he heard Choenyi quickly stifle a chuckle. He flicked his ear, perhaps in annoyance, but kept talking as though he hadn’t noticed anything. The other two seemed to agree, and their suspicion was clearly evident. Good. Nekti didn’t like playing games. He made sure not to appear worried, though, instead looking as though he were deciding what to do with two misbehaving pups. Their three options were to bluff, fight, or befriend the wolves. Nekti’s first choice would have been to attempt a rational conversation with the grey one and keep the brown one there until they could decide what to do with him, but Choenyi had already made that a good deal harder. To further emphasize this point, Choenyi asked in a deceivingly rational voice whether Callidora had invited the grey wolf to join them. Nekti had been party to more than enough power struggles laced with diplomacy in his life, and he found that despite all the delicacy, what it eventually down to was who was clever or strong enough to eliminate the opposition. Callidora’s response brought up the sore subject of Yalina again, and Nekti stopped looking at the two females, instead studying the males in front of him. He let Callidora and Choenyi say whatever they would to each other, but as Callidora got back onto the topic of a plan, he tuned in again. She told him it would be better for him to stay, and he nodded in agreement. It made perfect sense, of course.

As the grey wolf piped up and Callidora began speaking to him, Nekti said in a low voice to Choenyi, “He could be useful as a hunter, if we’re willing to trust him.” He turned his gaze to the brown wolf, his expression something akin to a glower. “This one, on the other hand, is free to scrounge carcass meat if that’s what he wants. If he needed help, he would ask for it. And if he were to ask us to join our hunt, it would be with the understanding that we were doing him a favor. He can pretend all he wants, but I won’t. He knows where he stands in this situation.” If the wolf wanted to part ways with them, Nekti would be only too happy. If he wanted to stay with them, he’d have a tough job of convincing them after his overdone show of confidence. Nekti didn’t look away from the brown wolf as Neziton wandered into the general vicinity in a sort of daze. Nekti didn’t appear to have spotted him, or maybe he was ignoring him like he did with most other problems in his life. If somebody was going to go over and comfort Neziton, or help him, or just talk to him, it wasn’t going to be him.

The grey wolf had to move past Nekti to leave, but Nekti didn’t bother trying to block him. That would only start a fight. He was still looking at the brown wolf. But as Choenyi suddenly sprinted past him, he whipped around to look after her. What was she doing? Did she really think her inflated ego was worth getting into a fight at this difficult time? Nekti snapped his gaze back onto the brown wolf quickly, not giving him time to try anything, and said to Callidora “Watch him,” before moving towards Choenyi. But wait, no, she wasn’t fighting. She was . . . playing? She seemed to know him by name, and all traces of wariness had left her. Nekti’s tentative respect for the grey wolf all but dissipated. Choenyi was prancing like a pup with her siblings. Nekti knew for certain that this wolf had never been part of the pack, which meant he was either a loner or part of another pack. When Nekti had been young, the very idea of a wolf befriending someone outside of their pack was absurd. It wasn’t even a rule - it was beyond that, it was something that no wolf would be caught dead doing. Of course, it wasn’t really like that in more recent years, but Nekti sometimes had trouble letting go of those old prejudices and rituals.

“You should join us and hunt. You get could some fresh food for once.” You should join us and hunt. That was some departure from Did you invite him to be part of our pack? She was overstepping her boundaries, but Nekti didn’t even have time to say anything, because now the grey wolf - Ave? - was greeting her in return. He seemed equally as cheerful, but maybe he was aware of what a breach of etiquette inviting him on the hunt had been, because he was far more tactful about the matter. Unfortunately, Callidora had already latched onto it, and she was no happier about it than Nekti was. But although she started out angry, she seemed to regain her reason. She spoke calmly to Choenyi, and Nekti listened, seeing that there was no real need for him to intervene. He was, at least, more inclined to trust Ave than the other wolf, but he certainly wanted to hear an explanation for how Choenyi had met this wolf. The brown wolf was whining about something, some vegetable he seemed to be in need of, but Nekti did nothing but move around him in a half-circle so he could watch both Choenyi with Ave and the brown wolf at the same time.

The Last Remaining - Literate WolfDecember 26, 2021 06:44 PM

Red Moon

Lightbringer

Give Award

-Avis-
Mentions: Callidora, Peony, Nekti, etc

The cream and grey wolf was right about his hunch. This bunch of wolves were in the middle of some sort of argument. And not the quick simple kind. From what it seemed like, they were a band of wolves who were struggling to make decisions without a clear leader among them. And in his experience, those debates turned out to be deadly. A memory flashed before his eyes for just a single milisecond. Blood and yelps and snarls, wolves tearing at each other's throats. His father, mortally wounded. And his mother, succumbing to her wounds soon after. While the moment was brief, anyone with a trained eye could see how his face faltered before returning to its usual composure.

When the female had protested about Choenyi inviting him into the hunt, he took a single step back, as if removing himself from the situation. A part of him would have felt guilty for riling up the wolves in the first place if it wasn't over simple good intentions. It wasn't his fault that they were extremely cautious and a rather messy clan. Perhaps things would have been better if he had just stayed where he was. A sigh escaped his maw as he glanced to the female who had claimed she didn't not like him, but it was simply that he was a stranger.

"I get that. But I must say, you are all on edge over here. Seeming to blow this whole situation out of proportions. I am a single wolf just offering a bite of food. If I prove to be of any harm, I am sure your clan here could take me in a fight. And I have never seen this wolf before," he motioned to the brown wolf beside him, "so do not feel as though we are planning some elaborate trick." With a sway of his tail, he added, "Even if we were planning something between us two. Do you think us dumb enough to take on a group of wolves larger than ourselves? And from what it sounds like, you have even more wolves somewhere else. Trust me, by now, we would have been abandoning the elaborate scheme if we even had one. As for Choenyi and I, we are puphood friends. Our packs had a border where we would secretly meet and play." While the offense was a serious one according to pack laws, he spoke of it as if he was simply reciting a story. Besides, they were pups at the time. Who was going to blame two younglings? And if the wolves found this story to be a reason to distrust him even further, he was not going to care. Talking to some of these wolves was like chewing a rock. Getting nowhere.

Let's go now. Cauliflower will be expecting me back.

Avis turned to now glance at the brown canine who was impatiently whining about the carcass. But who was Cauliflower? Oh, right. Avis thought he remembered the female being called something like that... But he didn't think Cauliflower was quite right. Based on the brown wolf's actions and behavior so far, Avis assumed that the wolf was simply labelling the wolves as he saw fit. In fact, Avis now remembered himself being labeled something along the lines of Cloudy. The idea made him emit a chuff of dry laughter.

Turning to the brown wolf with a lowered voice, he questioned "Since when am I Cloudy? You have weird names for things... That's like me calling you... Deer." Another bright idea caused a smirk to grow across his muzzle. "Or Mouse."

The Last Remaining - Literate WolfDecember 27, 2021 12:15 AM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award

Acesco - Male - 4 years - Healer - Mentions: Yalina, Callidora (indirectly)

He ignored her apology, not sure what to say. He didn’t mind walking slowly. After watching the group try to work together the past few days, perhaps he needed to suggest a permanent leader or at least a rotation of who would be the leader per day. Whoever the wolves liked could become the permanent one. He felt some of the tension in his muscles relax, as Yalina distracted him with her excited expression and he forgot about disappointing Callidora. Acesco couldn’t help smiling at her excitement and desire to help. “Does that plant have a really strong smell?” he asked her. “Yeah. That’s some sort of weed. Not what we’re looking for.” He huffed a few times amused. “And what do you think Rosemary looks like?”

He agreed to continue to walk as long as she was able, as long as she would stop if she needed to. He didn’t want any nonsense and bravado. He kept near her prepared to stabilise her with his flank if necessary. His brow furrowed, as she had to deal with her symptoms, but he waited in silence. As far as he was concerned he had nothing with him to help her with this, so she was probably better off dealing with it on her own.

His ears pinned against the side of his head for a brief moment, when she dismissed his plan. He had known that it was risky to try to get involved, and it wasn’t the smartest plan to try to annoy Callidora. “Sorry. I shouldn’t get in between you and Callidora.” He was about to continue to apologize profusely, when he realized she hadn’t fully dismissed it. “That makes sense. I should be trying to keep her healthy and not pester her.” His mouth twisted into a wry smile. He remembered a time when he wouldn’t have hesitated and considered it an amusing prank. He supposed that side of him wasn’t completely dead, simply suppressed. “A better idea would be to volunteer to be on paw if you need me. If she let you go on a walk with me, I would imagine she would give you at least ten feet of space to go take a nap if I’m around.”

“You are welcome.” He replied before he left to go look. When he returned with the coneflower, she was ready to come with him. He nodded again, permitting to come with him. “I was thinking. If the argument between Choenyi and Callidora were a sign of anything, we need a clear chain of command. Someone whom everyone is willing to follow and capable of leading. The best idea I can come up with at the moment is to make everyone take turns per day until someone becomes more dominant or we start to have preferences. However, I can see all sorts of problems with that, but we really shouldn’t be arguing for this long. Have you thought about it any?”

He stopped smiling at a very fragrant bush. “This is rosemary.” It took him a while to chew off some stems. “Doesn’t it smell nice.” He closed his eyes a moment to inhale and then opened them and gave his fur a shake. While he knew that Yalina was there, and could easily warn him, it was unsettling to be oblivious to his surroundings. “I used to like to close my eyes. It’s erie not being able to hear what’s going on around me. Even now. What do you hear?” He knew that she was one of the few wolves who could have some understanding of what he was going through. He expected that her reaction would be different than most, which was what he needed.

They continued to walk further. He had them stop by the creek before heading back. He wanted one last time to talk to her. He had taken a drink and was laying on the moss. She might think that he was trying to rest her before heading back to where they had left the others, but he had more selfish intent. “I don’t really get to talk to other wolves in a one on one setting. It’s rather challenging. Nobody speaks slowly or even makes sure I can see their snouts. In a 1x1 setting I can control that better. Anyway, I decided to take advantage of that. I think we should come up with an idea to get everyone to relax. We need some way to try to have fun together, but I’m not sure what. We can talk about it on the way back. I think I got enough herbs.”

He had managed to find Sage, Echinacea, and Rosemary. He was surprised at their decent haul. "Maybe there will be something to eat when we return. We can always resort to vegetation." His nose wrinkled slightly, as it didn't taste great. "We did well. It's nice and fresh, so the herbs will be strong. We got something accomplished in good time. We'll get to see how they're doing. We might have to resort to telling them who is going to do the leading for the day if they haven't gone yet."

(Hopefully I will have Choenyi's post up soon.)

The Last Remaining - Literate WolfDecember 27, 2021 09:38 AM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award

Choenyi - Female - 5 years - Mentions: Callidora, Nekti, Peony, Neziton, Avis everone else indirectly

Choenyi was relieved that she wasn't the only one having a few laughs at this awkward moment. She must be cracking up with all of this death, dying, suspicion, and fear. This wolf trying to act like he was the worst of it all was very laughable. "Does he really think he is intimidating?" she asked Callidora. While he could create a blind rage in anyone, he wasn't anything to be afraid of. She gave Callidora a curious glance, as she was going through some subtle emotion that Choenyi couldn’t name. Soon, it was wiped away. If there were this many wolves around, maybe they shouldn’t be so spread out. How would they find everyone? She wasn’t sure when Ophir and Neziton would be back or where they had gone. She could see that Callidora was thinking along the same lines, as her face was becoming worried.

“Sorry,” she shrugged. She hadn’t meant to start an argument for once. “He was being really cocky about joining. I was making sure he didn’t have a reason to be.” Choenyi nodded when Callidora explained what she had meant. The more wolves hunting the better. “Okay.” It was an acceptance that Callidora wasn’t crazy, but she wasn’t sure what to say to not encourage his ego. Seeing Callidora look Nekti’s way, she turned her gaze that way as well. She liked what Nekti said next. It was something that Choenyi could never craft.

At this point if Neziton and Ophir were going to be gone for so long, perhaps they wouldn’t get in a say about who was working with who this hunt. It wasn’t the biggest decision anyway like where they were going to live or if they were going to let someone join or kick someone out. If they could get all three of the current ones to agree, they would have a majority anyway. Neziton showed up, and she wasn’t sure what to do about him. He seemed out of it, and she had never been good with other wolves.

In a soft tone, she added to Callidora, “If anyone betrays us over something like hunting, then it will be good to know to be on our guard or to end them.” She cocked her head. “We claimed this territory?” If they had then it was very stupid to have let others come wandering into their camp, and the arrogant one had room to criticise. She thought that they were moving, so this area hadn’t been properly marked. It was times like this, when she realized how much better Callidora was at speaking. When wolves were nice or annoyed they called Choenyi a bossy hedgehog. When they were angry, they called her much worse names.

She huffed, as Big Mouth tried to get the other stranger’s attention. She raced after the one that she now knew was called Avis. Choenyi had never really cared about others' opinions of her. Nevertheless, she didn’t look at Callidora after this little reunion. She did keep an eye on Big Mouth. Choenyi sighed knowing what Avis said was true. Her tail stopped wagging for a moment. She straightened up and looked him in the eye again. "I can't believe it's you. I really hope we get to catch up and talk." She gave Peony a meaningful look. While she was okay giving Avis a summary of what happened, she didn't want the other strange loner to know anything. She wanted Avis to know why she was so happy to see him. Her life had been so unstable, and everyone kept dying. It was a relief to see someone she thought she would never see again.

"Thanks. I forgot,” she sighed. “My pack will want to argue over whether you should hunt with us. Try to get the big mouth to save some. We might not be able to catch anything, and some of us are in need of nutrition more than others." She wasn't going to specify why without more permission and trust between him and her pack. While she did trust Avis to hunt with them without betrayal, she should get reacquainted with him better before she started pouring out every single thing about the pack. She believed that Callidora would agree with her decision. Yalina would need food, and it was a far guarantee that the pack would catch anything at this rate.

She let Avis go and turned back to Callidora. “I’m sorry. You are right. I got too excited.” She opened her mouth to explain but Avis got there first. She winced, but realized there was no other way to say it. Knowing her pack, they would be very unhappy with how she had met him. She opened it again to continue what he had said. “He never tried to hurt me in all that time. As long as we don’t try to hurt him, obviously, I know he is trustworthy. Definitely trustworthy enough to go on a hunt. If he says he doesn’t have another pack to be loyal to, which is the only thing I could imagine that would make him questionable. Blegh. Let me try that again. The only thing I could imagine that would make him untrustworthy, especially for a hunt, is if he has conflicting loyalties. He said he doesn’t have another pack, so we are good. Avis trying to hurt us doesn’t benefit him any.” She was a little nervous that she was sticking out her neck and she was wrong, but she was certain that they could at least hunt together. If they considered letting him join, it would take more getting reacquainted.

“I think we should go ahead and hunt together. If everything goes well, and no one has betrayed anyone, then we’ll have a source of food either in the carcass or in what we kill. I believe that if everything goes well on the hunt, then going to get a snack at the carcass will be safe enough.” She couldn’t help herself when Avis started coming up with a name. “I’ve been calling him Big Mouth Bass, but mouse might be better.” It prickled her fur having Big Mouth giving anyone orders, but if Avis wanted to do what he ordered, then she couldn't stop him. At least Ave was standing up to Big Mouth.

Perhaps Callidora would be more tolerant about how she had met Avis. She was sure to know that very few wolves liked Choenyi. She was tolerated wherever she went even as a pup. Wolves were more willing to tolerate her as a pup, but most pups were tired of being told what to do by everyone else much less one of their peers adding to it. She looked at Nekti and believed she could see disapproval. So much for trying to lead the hunt.

The Last Remaining - Literate WolfDecember 27, 2021 11:14 AM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
Yalina
Female || Three || Mentions: Acesco, Peony, Avis, Callidora, Nekti, Choenyi

Paw lifting, Yalina placed it down on a piece of moss, squishing it slowly. The movement mesmerized her for a moment, repeating the action. Squish, unsquish, squish, unsquish. Head tilting, Yalina glanced back at Acesco, paw shifting back to her side. "Don't apologize," she said when he mentioned getting between herself and Callidora. A small smile tugged at her muzzle at the idea of annoying her sister, and while she may dream, Yalina felt it wasn't the right time. "Perhaps I'll take you up on that offer later on." There was a time where she would tease Callidora or do small little jokes that would evidently annoy her in the moment. Later, they would laugh about it, but now, well, times were different. There wasn't much to laugh about.

Eyes softening, her smile grew as she hoisted herself up onto her paws. "You would do that?" Volunteering himself to be there if she needed him was a kind offer, one that Yalina appreciated more than she could put into words. "She allowed me to go with you today. When we return and she sees that I'm alright, she'll trust you enough to allow me out of her eyesight, I just know it." While there was still little freedom for her, this was a start. It could only build up from here. A small walk could turn into a daily one, and before she would know it, Callidora would let her do daily outings. It would be perfect! There would be less fussing over her, less time spent held up within a small area with minimal space. She would be able to actually do things.

Stepping forward, Yalina's pace was slow until she managed to fall into a rhythm that felt proper for her. It wasn't slow yet not overly fast. It was clear that some hope remained in her by the way she now held herself. "A chain of command?" She asked, turning to Acesco before focusing back to the path, nodding. "The arguments daily have set things back at times. Everybody needs to be working together. Granted, I have seen things work smoothly, but it takes maximum effort to get there." A pause. "Your idea sounds reasonable. I believe it would be a good start in figuring out who become the most suitable leader. Having somebody random step up permanently would cause chaos. It only makes sense to have them each take turns."

It was good enough. It was the best choice unless somebody came up with another idea. For now, it would have to do. "Once we bring it up to the others we'll see if any of them add anything of use to the plan." Eyeing Acesco as he paused, Yalina glanced around before feeling a strong fragrant surrounding her. Peering over his shoulder, she took in the odd plant. "That's rosemary?" Oh, she was certainly off earlier. "It's very strong. It reminds me of the woods." Something about it smelled almost like a pine tree, though muskier in a sense. Watching him collect it, her ears twitched to his following words, smile vanishing.

"I hear little anymore." She wasn't sure if that's what answer he was searching for, but he asked, and Yalina delivered. It was what she was feeling, and she was always one to tell the truth. "I liked to close my eyes once too and take in the sounds around me." She didn't do that anymore. "I haven't done it in so long." Every time she closed her eyes, she was brought back to the past and the sounds of a once thriving pack. It was always a disappointment opening them, only to realize they were gone. She knew Acesco understood what she meant. She didn't elaborate.

"So silent.." She muttered, gazing at the forest around them before continuing, headed to the creek for a final stop. While Acesco lay next to her, she remained seated, for it was easier to stand. It was a peaceful silence between them before a plan was introduced. Immediately, Yalina was intrigued. "I think that's a large part of why our group argues so much. There is lack of communication, at least from what I've seen. There is also a lack of respect. What we need is a way to implement this into something." Once more, a grin seeped across her features, this time, wide. "What if.." Turning to Acesco, her tail thumped once on the ground excitedly. "..And hear me out. What if we introduce some games? A way to build those skills up and teach everyone to work together?" It was a childish plan, but Yalina figured she'd introduce it nonetheless.

As they stood and began to walk, she continued. "I mean, think about it. It can help everyone relax for a moment. Everything is so tense with each individual trying to be the adult in every situation. I think it would help if they all stopped for a moment and had a day where they could act like pups." It was a farfetched idea, she knew that, but Yalina thought it would help the others relax for a moment. Many would be against it at first, but the entire point would be to dismiss their worries. In turn, it would help clear heads and make others thinking more thoroughly.

A small laugh was sounded at the mention of resorting to vegetation. "Oh, sure. Grass is so very appetizing." In her own playful state, Yalina was clearly in a better mood herself. She had faced little pain from her body the entire time besides a few jolts or aches, not to mention nausea, but it all vanished in the span of a few minutes. "I'm glad we did this." And she truly was.

However, her mood instantly dipped the moment they set into the temporary camp. "Acesco, do you smell that?" Beyond the fragrant of the herbs, there was another smell. Two different ones. Ears perking and head raising, Yalina stood still for a moment. Voices. She heard voices in the distance. "They're still here?" She asked, confusion in her face as she glanced to Acesco. Why were they still here? Shouldn't they be hunting? If they were done, why not bring it to the main camp? Why stand so far away?

A chill ran up her spine, an unknown voice being sounded.

"Help me get to them," she asked Acesco, paranoia in her tone as she began to increase her pace, nearly tripping several times in the process. For a moment, Yalina doubted herself, believing that her ears were deceiving her. Even so, her eyes certainly didn't. In the distance stood Callidora and the others, along with two more individuals. One brown, one grey, both male. She paused for a moment, releasing a small sigh of relief knowing that there wasn't a fight, but still. Who were these two? What was their reason for being there?

Stepping forward, Yalina avoided her sister, whose eyes she could feel upon her. When she met them, she noticed that they weren't angry, but relieved.

Turning away, she focused upon the strangers, speaking up.

"Who are you two?"

(Very rough)

Edited at December 27, 2021 11:14 AM by Tenebris Umbra

Forums > Roleplay > Literate
   1    2    3    4    5    6 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us