Emmet
Is my kneecap part of that cohort lol
 Tech
08:55:14 
Spoopy
I'm rooting they aren't
 Apothecary
08:54:48 Medicinally Autistic
Kinda want to buy a bunch of den expansions but really unsure.
 Continental Wolves
08:54:30 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Tech
-WP Click-
Him & the girls better be nice to me e,e
Heya Boe
 Boeing
08:53:39 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Hi Emmet :D
 Tech
08:53:18 
Spoopy
Maybe you should do that
 Apothecary
08:52:43 Medicinally Autistic
Its not hard when you explore a lot ^-^ I have a lot of guides and stuff on my profile page if you need them!
 Continental Wolves
08:52:41 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Bleh I still haven't bred my chim customs e,e
 ZEFHYR
08:52:02 
congrats!
 ZEFHYR
08:51:23 
[email protected] long did it take? Id be lucky to just get 81 total
 Apothecary
08:50:05 Medicinally Autistic
Just hit 81k mushrooms ^-^
 Insane Sanity
08:49:09 Insane | Sanity
PvP anyone? I can do 2 boosts or 4 non boosts. And I'm always up for a wager if you're game ^^
 Salem
08:40:57 Rumi
Fallen gods rp
-WP Click-
 Existence
08:40:50 Exist / Kuskyn
Vah, it's the worst thing to have happen
 Zeraphia
08:37:53 Vah stalks forums
Exist

Right??
 Existence
08:36:56 Exist / Kuskyn
Vah, worst time to be an artist honestly xD
 Tech
08:36:52 
Sure
 Ámor
08:36:26 On haitus
can I vent to someone please?
 Zeraphia
08:35:52 Vah stalks forums
Nooo. I had a pencil do that to my iPad screen protector too

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Bengal Tiger : +1
Death Adder : -5
Bobcat : +1
    Winter   Day  Weather:  Blizzard

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Literate
   1    2    3    4    5   ..   6 

Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 14, 2024 01:04 PM

Storm Runner

Neutral

Give Award
Astraea | Female | 19 | Demigod | Mentions: Open
By the time Astraea woke up, the sun had already rose.
Ah, well, she thought sleepily. At least I'll... most likely be able to watch the sunset today. Probably.
Astra blinked away the remnants of drowsiness trying to pull her back into sleep and stretched her arms and neck, working out the kinks with small pops and cracks. Swinging her legs over the edge of the bed, she walked on bare feet into the adjoinig bathroom.
Astraea stared into the mirror. Her hair was... a mess. Apparently she'd forgotten to take down her hair last night and had simply crashed into bed. Whatever. She plucked her toothbrush from the cup next to the sink and squeezed on a bit of chocolate-flavored toothpaste. After all, why not enjoy yourself when doing an activity you had to do multiple times a day? And besides, she hated mint-flavored toothpaste. It was just too, well, minty. But maybe it was better for her teeth? Hmm. I wonder if chocolate toothpaste is bad for my teeth...
Astra looked into the mirror again. The scraggly-haired girl was still there, except this time she had a toothbrush and a tiny smear of something brown at the corner of her mouth. She wiped the toothpaste off with a finger than washed it off in the sink.
Today, she thought absentmindedly, still brushing, Astra woke up too late to watch the sun rise, and her hair was an absolute mess, but she had chocolate-flavored toothpaste to cheer her up a bit. Astra smiled to herself. But still, the question remains: Is chocolate toothpaste bad for her teeth?
˜ 15 minutes later˜
When Astraea finally emerged from the bathroom, her teeth had been cleaned, her hair once again neat and held back with her usual braid, and her pajamas exchanged for a light, cream-colored sweater, socks, and a pair of rather baggy sweatpants. She went into her kitchen-slash-dining room, grabbed a bag of seeds and pellets and a bottle of filtered water, then returned to her bedroom and made a beeline for the large cage perched on a small table in the far left corner of the room, covered by a dark cloth. Astra removed the cloth, folding it neatly into a square and placing it onto her bedside table, then turned her attention to the bird inside the cage.
The cockatiel had opened her eyes and was staring cheerfully at Astra, dark eyes bright and curious, as though to say, Food? Where's my food?
Astra smiled. "Good morning, Phoebe." She unlatched the cage door, taking out the little food bowl and the shallow dish she used for water, filled them, them carefully returned the dishes into the cage. When Phoebe had had her fill, Astra put her hand inside and allowed the little bird to clamber onto her finger. She brought her hand out again, cockatiel perched genially on her arm, and closed the cage. As she walked into her little kitchen-slash-dining-room, Astra gently stroked the bird's head. Phoebe made a soft purring sound and nestled closer to her owner's body.
"Alright, Phoebe," Astra announced. "Time for my breakfast!" She set the cockatiel down onto the table, where the bird watched as Astraea gathered ingredients from the fridge, made scrambled eggs and toast, then devoured it along with a glass of milk.
"I don't see why so many people like coffee," Astra mused aloud. "It tastes so odd. Milk is definitely better." She stood up, placed her dishes in the sink, and stayed like that for a moment, trying to decide if she should wash them now or later. Hmm. I don't want to do it now, but if I don't, I might not be able to do it later, but then again, I might be able too... Eh, you know what? I'm going to do it later.
Astraea held out her hand to Phoebe, and the cockatiel climbed slowly up her arm until it was settled snug on her favorite perch: Astra's shoulder. The little bird cooed, ruffled her feathers, and rubbed Astra's cheek with her beak. A wave of affection swelled up in Astra; it was nice to know that she had someone, even if the someone was a bird, who trusted her. And I trust Phoebe to get off my shoulder when I want her to, she thought with a hint of amusement.
"Okay, Phoebe. You ready? It's time to go out for a bit."
And Astraea stepped out the door, Phoebe on her shoulder, into the cool weather, and gentle wind brushing her face. "It's a nice day, isn't it, Phoebe?"

Edited at March 17, 2024 07:04 PM by Storm Runner
Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 14, 2024 01:11 PM

Freedom

Neutral

Give Award

Joshua Tilki // 23 // Human // M // Mentions: Cal, Thallina (ind), Morrigan (ind), Ambrose (ind)

“And one more thing before you go, İsa.”

Josh had been halfway to the door after half a dozen “one more things,” and he gritted his teeth to suppress a grimace before turning back around to his mother. She was holding something on a chain, and she hobbled over to put it in his hand, smiling broadly. “This is yours. Do you remember? You used to wear it all over, never took it off. Maybe you ought to wear it again.”

Joshua took it and looked down to find a necklace with a little silver swan on it. He used to wear that? On purpose? He did remember having been particularly fond of the goddess Thallina in high school, but then, what teenage boy wasn’t? He had a lot of scathing remarks to make about the silly little waterfowl sitting in his hand, and if it were anyone else he would have made them. But for his mother, he just smiled and nodded, trying to get out of there as quickly as he could. “Thanks, mom,” he said in the most sincere voice he could muster.

“Now we’ll match,” she told him cheerfully, holding up her own silver necklace that bore a raven pendant. Josh found it strangely morbid, the cheerful way she talked about her devotion to Morrigan and his realm of death. But still he just smiled and nodded, and finally his mother let him go with a little wave and he stepped out of the grocery store into the considerably fresher air outside. He had been too caught up in old memories of a dead religion to think too hard about Cal, but now that he was out here he felt a sudden prickle of nerves. Since he’d run into Cal at the store and they’d made plans to meet, he’d been wondering if that really was the best idea. Of course he wanted to see Cal. But what the hell was he going to tell her? Maybe he could just skim over the really humiliating parts, spin it just right so he came out looking good.

Deciding it was worth not being able to see two inches in front of his face just to look his spiffiest, Josh took his glasses off and put them in his pocket. He noticed he was still holding the necklace in his hand, and looked at it for just a moment. Yes, yes, he did remember wearing it now. He remembered constantly adjusting it slightly to the left so it would be right above his heart. Laughing quietly at himself, he shoved the necklace unceremoniously in his pocket. He could hear the sound of someone talking to themself, and assumed it was Cal. He walked over just in time to hear Cal throwing up a little prayer to Hasiya. “Still believe in those old schoolyard fairy tales?” Josh asked loudly as he strode up behind Cal. Despite his general attitude towards believers, he said it in a pleasantly teasing tone. He stuck his hand out for a handshake without even thinking, then laughed and pulled Cal in for a one-armed hug and slightly painful slap on the back.

Josh always stood up straight, chest out, big smile on so everyone would be impressed with his swagger and bravado. But now he was standing taller, puffing up his chest more, smiling wider than he did with anyone else. “Looking great, Callie,” Josh said, just because it was something to say. Frankly, Cal looked a bit tired and disheveled, but Josh wasn’t about to say that out loud. “Ambrose’s been smiling on you, huh?” he said with distinct sarcasm. The sarcasm, of course, was directed at the idea of a god of time, but Josh realized it might sound like he was making fun of Cal, so he quickly covered, “Got a lot to catch up on, don’t we?” Spotting Cal’s groceries, he chuckled. “Care to go somewhere a little less shady than a grocery store parking lot to catch up? Park? Coffee shop? My treat. You’re welcome to leave your groceries in the store and come back around to get them. We can walk somewhere - it’s a nice enough day.”

Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 14, 2024 01:29 PM

The Bewitched

Darkseeker

Give Award

Dahlia | Female | Demigod | Mentions: Open! (Directly: NPC)

As the first rays of the morning sun filtered through the window, the red-haired beauty stirred within her mounds of pillows. Laying flat on her stomach, she slowly brought herself to her elbows, rubbing sleep from her eyes. Breathing deeply, she savored the comforting aroma of various flowers that filled the room, their scents lulling her into a sense of calm.

Soft snoring soon drew her attention, and with a furrowed brow, she shifted a pillow to reveal a human beside her. With a raised eyebrow, Dahlia poked at the slumbering man, but he offered no response. She pursed her lips, studying him intently. The man was handsome, with sandy blonde hair, tanned skin, and a toned physique. Yet, she couldn’t comprehend why he hadn’t left. Didn’t he know the unwritten rules of a hookup? You leave after the act. And what was his name? Cameron? Jacob? Niko? This one was one of her newer conquests, his name hadn't quite stuck yet.

With growing frustration, she shoved him, hard. The man jolted awake with a start before an easy-going smile spread across his face. He shifted onto his side, propping his elbow on a pillow with his hand resting on his face.

“Morning, sunshine.” He said softly, his other hand reaching for her. Dahlia shifted backwards, a scowl dancing on her face. The man's easy smile only seemed to deepen Dahlia's irritation. She narrowed her eyes, a snarl upon her face.

"Why are you still here?" she snapped, her voice sharp with impatience. The man's smile faltered for a moment before he chuckled softly, as if amused by her.

“We’re playing that game?” he replied with a wink, his tone casual and disarmingly confident. As Dahlia’s teal eyes hardened and she offered no response, his grin slowly slipped from his face. “Really?” He paused.

"Listen, Jacob..." Dahlia started.

"Jacob? Do you not know my name? The sandy-haired man sat up further. When she offered nothing, the man got up.

“Seriously, Dahl? You can’t even remember my name? We’ve been seeing each other for a few weeks now.” Dahlia only offered him a shrug as her face appeared indifferent.

“It’s Kyler.” He gestured to himself as he stood beside the bed. Dahlia stared blankly at him now, the name ringing a loud bell. Jacob was a muscular darker skinned man, she preferred him over Kyler at this point. Well, she prefers women over men anyday.

“Well, Kyler, you should know I don’t sleep - like sleep sleep - with anyone. You should have been gone after.” Dahlia clarified with a touch of exasperation, her frustration evident in her tone. With a soft huff, she swung her legs over the edge of the bed, resolved to reclaim her sanctuary from this unexpected intrusion. She spoke to the man like he was a child.

“See yourself out.” She spoke over her shoulder as she stood. The morning sun dancing over her figure. She heard Kyler quickly getting dressed, his muttered words about never seeing him again barely registering in her mind. She knew that wasn’t true, this was a dance they did. As Dahlia tended to her plants, she heard the door slam shut. Kyler was just a newer hookup she had in rotation. Gods forgive her for forgetting names.

Dahlia sighed happily as she was finally left in peace. Her home was a small sanctuary of simplicity, a haven for both her soul and the verdant life she tended to so diligently. The walls were adorned with dried herbs and bundles of fragrant flowers. Potted plants crowded every available surface, their leaves glistening with the morning sun. She inhaled deeply, the scent of fresh lavender soothing her soul. Dahlia loved her little home, close to the town yet far enough that she was surrounded by peace and quiet. Exactly the reason she didn’t like anyone spending the night. It ruined her morning routine.

Promptly, she made her way to the coffee maker, relishing in the warmth and aroma of her morning brew. Settling into her green velvet chair, she closed her eyes, allowing herself to sink into the peace of the moment. It was gentle mornings like this that made her miss her father. Her father passed away just after she was 18. Her best friend just.. gone. She felt her jaw clench as she held back tears that threatened to fall. Dahlia squeezed her eyes tighter, her hand drifting to her throat, clasping the necklace her father gave her. The necklace featured a pendant of exquisite beauty, crafted from luminous mother of pearl set within a golden setting base. The mother of pearl gleamed with an iridescent sheen, its surface alive with soft hues of opalescent white and delicate pastel tones.

It wasn’t long before she felt a weight in her lap, stirring her from her reverie. Peeling her eyes open, she looked down to find Ondina, her beloved feline companion, nestled contentedly. Dahlia let out a heavy sigh, feeling the weight of grief on her chest. She gave a small, sad smile to the cat.

“Good morning, my love” she cooed to the purring feline. Ondina, meaning Little Wave, was a small, dark calico cat. Her patches of black and orange melded together seamlessly, but it was her face where her beauty truly shone. Half of her face was black while the other was orange, perfectly split down the middle. Her sparkling green eyes, reminiscent of spring leaves. Dahlia had found Ondina by the trash as a kitten, and knew she couldn’t just leave the babe there. She was slightly surprised Ondina was just now making her appearance.

“Where were you earlier? I could’ve used some back up.” Dahlia said softly, scratching behind Ondina’s ear as the little feline purred away.

Edited at March 14, 2024 02:12 PM by The Bewitched
Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 14, 2024 01:41 PM

Salem

Neutral

Give Award
Ambrose | M | God of Time | Neutral | Mentions: Morrigan, Theyo, Thalinna (dir) Mila (ind)
"Absolutely horrible," Ambrose sighed, responding to Morrigan.

He took a bite of his bacon, watching the table the plates rested on with a much too tired gaze.

"Uhh," Ambrose thought for a short second before calling out to Theyo. "I used the last ones kept in the cupboards, there should be some tea bags in the drawer on the left side of the oven!"

Ambrose was just finishing up his third piece of bacon when he heard Thea speaking. Mentally, he facepalmed. He wasn't exactly a fan of being called a dove, but he wouldn't complain about it either since Thea would just keep doing it anyway to get him riled up. Might as well not let her have that.

"I can hear you, y'know." Ambrose grumbled. "When I got up only Theyo was here, so I only thought about making him and I breakfast."

Ambrose barely ate anything for breakfast, the bacon was actually more than usual. Normally Ambrose would just have a cup of coffee, or tea, and perhaps some plain toast. This wasn't because he didn't like to eat, but more because it was both too early for food to interest him and breakfast foods really didn't catch his eye.

"And there's your saviour," Ambrose smiled when he saw Mila come through.

"You should be saying thank you to her, y'know."

Ambrose picked up his cup of tea, leaning back on the couch into the comfortable cushions. He watched the two other gods in the room over the cup, taking sips every now and again.

He debated visiting his temple, it had been a while. It's been about a year actually. 'That's much too long to leave the humans alone.' Ambrose mused.

"How long has it been since you've visited the humans?" Ambrose questioned, looking more towards the death god. He assumed Thea went every day, or every week. It didn't have to be that soon, but definitely a lot more than the order leaning gods.

The sun had gotten brighter as time went on, lighting the living room brighter than ever. Ambrose liked it, it made the living room look less dull. It also warmed up the house, just a little but still a noticeable amount, so that was another plus.

Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 14, 2024 02:30 PM

The Bewitched

Darkseeker

Give Award

Morrigan | Male | God of Death | Orderly | Mentions: Directly- Ambrose, Thea, Mila. Indirectly - Theyo, Hasiya

Morrigan watched the young demigod study him for a moment before averting his eyes. A soft brush of humor coming over him as Theyo moved to the kitchen, looking for tea. As Ambrose confirmed how horrible the night was, Morrigan felt some guilt wash over him. He would find a way to make it up to him.

It wasn’t long before the Goddess of Love entered the room, her floral aroma with gentle undertones of musk and sandal filling the spot beside him. He raised an eyebrow in amusement as he listened to her dramatics about not having food prepared.

“Seeing as we all left Ambrose to deal with the mess, I don’t hold any malice for him not making us food,” Death remarked softly, his tone laced with humor and understanding.

Movement in the kitchen caught his attention as Mila, the Goddess of Nature, made her appearance. Silent and unassuming, Mila slipped into the room almost unnoticed, yet her presence brought a sense of warmth and tranquility. He had a lot of respect for the Goddess, she quickly became the “house mom” in the group. A ghost of a smile appeared as Mila offered breakfast; he straightened and bit back a laugh as Ambrose quipped out a response to Thea.

“I’m fine, thank you, Mila,” he dipped his head in her direction before turning to Ambrose. Morrigan met Ambrose's gaze with a thoughtful expression, considering the question carefully.

"It has been some time," he admitted with a faint hint of regret in his voice. "My duties in the realm of the departed have kept me occupied, but perhaps it is time to reconnect with the mortals." Morrigan couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt for neglecting his duties in the realm of the living.

He leaned more into the frame as he crossed his arms, pondering. He wasn’t a huge fan of visiting the mortals. Many paid devotion to keep their loved ones safe, whether in the mortal realm or in the afterlife. While others begged for their loved ones back, trying to offer various sacrifices. Morrigan propped one elbow on his other arm, bringing his hand up to his chin in deep thought. It was a complex web of human emotions and desires, one that often left him feeling conflicted about his interactions with humanity. Which was why he often stayed away, his name was a curse upon many lips.

“Will you be going soon?” Morrigan directed the question to Ambrose without looking at him, his eyes trained on one of the windows. His voice held a distant note, lost in his thoughts.

Edited at March 14, 2024 02:37 PM by The Bewitched
Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 14, 2024 03:02 PM

Determined_Wolf

Lightbringer

Give Award

Hasiya | Genderfluid | Deity of Blood, Communication, and Willpower

M: Deities (dir.) and Theyo (dir.)

Hasiya had fallen asleep on the couch. Her sunglasses covered her eyes, of course, so no one could see how she was most definitely not awake. Though her glasses gave the false impression that she might be awake, the hope of anyone would be quickly shattered upon her stretched out pose and slouched posture. One leg draped over the arm of the chair and the other rested on the ground. His arms mimicked the movement where one arm was supported loosely by the ground and the other laid across his bare torso. Hasiya was still wearing his open fur coat from yesterday, his black bra and scarred abs more visible now with his posture.

Slowly and sleepily, Hasiya woke to the smell of bacon, barely stirring as her mouth began to water. Behind his glasses, Hasiya’s red eyes observed the Demi-god, Theyo who they invited into the home of the gods, briefly. He was much shorter than Hasiya, skinner too. Not that anyone needed to change their body type or anything of the sort, but the kid clearly needed to eat something. This was when Ambrosia- the damn wonderous person- walked out, two plates in hand. With this, Hasiya instantly sat up, looking over at the plates of bacon, and-

“Is… Is this it?” Hasiya barked as Ambrosia left back for the kitchen again. Hasiya, despite being so groggy, stood up. “You would think you’d know about proper breakfast cause there ain’t no way you think this is enough for the kid.”

Quickly, the other deities arrived as Hasiya leaned on the couch’s back behind Theyo, casting a shadow over him as she blocked out the light. Hasiya frowned as she looked between the bacon, Theyo, the bacon, Ambrosia, and the bacon again while making a soft “tsk, tsk” with her mouth. Smiling to herself, Hasiya pat the couch beside Theyo (Hasiya quickly realized that Theyo did not like physical affection based on their first interactions so Hasiya resorted to patting the area near him to show she cared in some way).

“Alright, Theyo, I’m gonna be makin’ myself somethin’ so what do you want?” Hasiya asked as she pushed off the couch and turned her body to the kitchen. This was when Hasiya looked up and actually took notice of the others. “Ah! Morrigan!” Hasiya quickly smiled, throwing an arm around his neck in a friendly manner. “How’s it going? You look like death warmed over!” Snickering, she almost always said this but it never made it any less funnier to say it while pinching his cheek and pulling him into a close hug. Looking away from her victim briefly, he gave a dashing smile to Thalinna and winked. “Well, the beauty sleep sure did wonders on ya!” This was either flirting or a playful insult, but no one could be sure.

After lightly tapping on the chest the literal god of death once he was done tormenting him, Hasiya made his way to the kitchen where Mila began making eggs. Around Mila, it almost looked like he was deliberately stepping out of her way as he grabbed ingredients from the fridge and placed them on the counter.

“Mila, can help you with getting food pulled together?” Hasiya mumbled, not even looking at her as she crouched down and began looking through the cabinets for the correct pans and good plates. Hasiya paused and quickly changed the subject as she called out: “Oh, and Ambrosia! Don’t worry about a thing! We’re family. We fight but I’m not gonna disown ya or anything crazy!”

As soon as the discussion changed to humans and traveling down, Hasiya perked up. A wide, childish grin appeared on her face, hoping to get asked and- Oh well, I guess it does make sense that Morrigan got asked first, being the God of the dead and everything. Still, Hasiya huffed and folded her arms, a metal whisk firmly in her hands where she still donned her fingerless gloves.

“Ambrosia, aren’t you forgetting to ask someone here about human stuff?” Hasiya asked, cocking a hip. Shaking his head, he turned to Theyo with a smile, pointing the whisk in his direction. “Hey, Theyo, if you want to stop anywhere while you’re back down there, stop at Tea Leaves.” Hasiya sat on the counter, waiting for instructions from Mila while gushing about this place. “Best drinks and pastries from miles and it’s a quaint little family owned business so lines aren’t too long.”

Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 14, 2024 03:24 PM

The Tea Drinkers

Darkseeker

Give Award
Bodhi | Male | Human | M: Josh (d) Cal (d) Open

Mornings were the worst part of Bodhi's day, no matter what he faced throughout the rest of the seemingly never-ending twenty four hours to follow. He awoke later than he wanted, and slowly hauled himself to his feet. The cramped apartment that he called his home was well-worn, though clearly his own. The heavy curtains that framed each window were threadbare now, and did little to block out the early morning sunlight, which now fell obnoxiously over his pillow. He rubbed his eyes, still exhausted, and stood up, stumbling into the bathroom to splash cold water on his face. He stepped into the bathroom, making sure to keep his eyes lowered as he passed the mirror, and began to work his way through his morning routine. As he stepped back into the closet bedroom, he frowned at the mess. Scattered around the mattress were books, papers, and various other things, all concerning his degree, probably from the intense studying he'd tried to undertake the previous evening. Law, Bodhi thought to himself. Why did I choose law?

With a groan, he started to gather the papers, sorting them into piles. Notes here, textbooks there. It only took him a few minutes, but by then he was more awake. He walked into the front room of the apartment, which was pretty much everything else. The kitchen, tiny living room. Given that he was currently pouring all his funds into finishing his degree, there wasn't very much in the room. A small sofa, a kitchenette, and a desk were the only things that had come with the apartment, and without parental help with monetary issues, he couldn't afford much else.

"Not for long," he muttered to himself. It was his only way of cheering himself up: the thought that someday he would be doing better, that he could afford certain luxuries. However, for now, this was his simple way of life. Bodhi didn't bother with breakfast, he rarely did. It wasn't something he deemed necessary in the grand scheme of things. He glanced at his planner, which was lying open on the table. Midterms were coming up, and that only added an extra aspect of stress to his life. He'd have to talk to his advisor, and that was rarely fun. It involved long periods of discussing his grades, which was fine most of the time, but it also involved discussing whether or not he'd be able to afford his whole degree, and whether maybe his depression had gone a little too far, and should he consider therapy?

Money was something that Bodhi loved, valued more than his own life. But when it came down to talking about funds, he wasn't keen on handing out such personal information. He knew they were just trying to help him, but no. He could handle it, he was perfectly fine. He shoved his books and papers in his bag, and hurried out the door. He didn't bother to lock it, because what was there to steal? The old sofa? His desk? Well, if someone needed it badly enough to take it from an apartment like his, they could have it. Bodhi walked down the streets, doing something he absolutely hated. Wasting time. He only had an hour and a half before the first lecture of the day, and he didn't really want to talk to his advisor before that, but hey, maybe he’d change his mind.

As he wandered down the street, out of the corner of his eye, he saw his advisor, and sighed. It would be good to discuss midterms. But, just as he turned towards Cal, he noticed she was standing with another boy, and his frown only deepened as he recognized the other boy. “Joshua,” he muttered, his lip curling slightly. Really, he had nothing against the boy besides the differences in their childhoods. He gritted his teeth, and slowly walked towards the two of them.

“Hey, Cal,” he said, smiling at him. “Do you have a minute?” He pursed his lips, and gave Josh a cool stare. “Josh.”

Edited at March 14, 2024 03:25 PM by The Tea Drinkers
Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 14, 2024 08:53 PM

-Sweet-Poison-

Neutral

Give Award
Theyo l Male l Demigod l Mentions; Direct- Ambrosia, Mila, Hasiya. Indirect- Thalinna. (open) l
Theyo turned quickly back into the kitchen after the response to check the drawer. He heard voices from the kitchen. He entered the kitchen again and suddenly it had (number) other beings in it, one more and he would have given up on tea and went to sit back down.
“How ever your making them for others is fine.” he replied to Mila, glancing at her and noticing a leaf in her hair. Theyo didn't bother to mention it, for it was surely normal for her. Before long the place was full of voices, and he began to wish he wasn't there, but surely it was disrespectful for him to just walk out, he still didn't know why he was there.
Theyo heard someone talking about food, he then realized food was only really made for him and Ambrose. He was slightly hesitant to walk back into the living room, but the stove was being taken up by Mila, and he couldn't make the tea he had ventured off for in the first place. ‘Disappointing’ he thought as he walked around and loitered in a corner of the kitchen.
Before long Hasiya strutted in, he listened to her for a few, but then gave up, he was beginning to get overstimulated. He moved back into the living room as the kitchen began to clutter with bodies. They registered Hasiya patting the space next to where he had sat, and when God got up and moved to the kitchen, he vaguely listened to her speak.
“I don't need anything, the bacon covered it. Thank you though.” he sat down and pulled up his hood over his head, Theyo realized why he avoided places like this now. “Perhaps I will.” he replied as short and blunt as he could, hoping to kindly hint that he was hesitant of new topics being brought up. He picked up another piece of bacon and ate that while he sat and listened to the conversations going on around him.
Theyo pulled his legs up onto the couch in an attempt to let himself be more comfortable. Being very careful not to take up much space so save some for others and a good amount for personal space too. He was mildly upset that the kitchen got too full for him to make tea though, he really could for a cup. He fussed with the hem of his hoodie sleeve just to have something to fidget with.
Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 14, 2024 10:18 PM

Acerbus.

Neutral

Give Award

Norrix | Female | Human | Mentions: Thalinna, Ambrose, Morrigan (ind.); Joshua, Cal, Bodhi (dir.)

Norrix awoke to a blinding light stabbing her brain - her curtains had been left open, and the damned sun was begging her to rise. With a groan, she lazily flopped to her other side and shut her eyes firmly once more.

Unfortunately, the gods seemed to have other plans for her that morning. A fat, wet tongue slobbered across her face, and she sat up spluttering as she frantically wiped the drool out of her own mouth. She glared at Nectar, her beloved golden retriever, fondly named as a play on the god Ambrose - Nectar and Ambrosia - still spluttering at the invasion of her privacy - and her tongue.

"Good morning, you little monster," she grumbled, petting the dog gently on her head. "I wasn't expecting any french kisses today."

In response, Nectar's tail wagged.

Norrix sighed, swinging her feet off of her bed and blindly searching for her slippers. She dragged her feet the few steps to the bathroom and turned the shower to a nice, steamy heat. Stepping in, she let out a contented hum as the water warmed her to the bone.

Using the time to reflect, Norrix thought through her plans for the day. Food, which would be found at the cafe down the road - it was her special treat day, and they would give Nectar a treat too. That also took care of her first walk with Nectar, as well as her minimum exercise for the day. She planned to go to the temple of Thelinna later that day, and had considered stopping at the temple of Morrigan as well, time permitting.

With the day off, she supposed she could go to all of the temples, if she really desired. Perhaps she would pay Ambrose's temple a visit as well; Nectar would love to go play at the nearby park. She had collected a variety of trinkets to leave as offerings for each of the gods anyways, and as much as she loved having their presence in her home, they belonged to the gods, not her.

After her shower, she gave Nectar her breakfast before turning the coffee pot on. While she waited, Norrix sat in front of her altar - a general altar dedicated to all of the gods, for her daily prayers. Of course, she had separate altars for each deity, but the general space was good when she wished to communicate a message to the gods in large. Hands clasped to her chest, she recited the words her mother had taught her from the moment she was born.

"Dear gods above, bless this day and the lives you reign over. Allow us to live through you, for you, and with you as we carry ourselves through life in your honor."

She made a motion above her heart, gently grasping at the dragon pendant that hung at her neck. Once, her mother had told her that the dragon was a way to respect all of the gods at once - she had never heard another person speak of this, but Norrix was under the assumption that if she believed it, it would be true. She hadn't been struck down, so she supposed the gods must agree to an extent.

-

As Norrix and Nectar made their way to the cafe, she couldn't help but take in the scenery. The sun had begun to climb high in the sky, bathing the city in warmth and lovely light. People were bustling about, some running or walking, some hurrying to work, and others simply taking a stroll to sightsee in the city. Grinning, Norrix waved at a familiar old lady - Ruth, who lived three doors down from her. A lovely woman, as devout as Norrix could hope to find in a neighbor.

A few blocks in, Norrix noticed a trio standing across the street, looking somewhat familiar. There were two that she knew she recognized, but one face stood out to her. Beaming, she crossed the street at a jog, Nectar happily panting at her side. Once she approached, her smile grew larger as she waved emphatically at the three, particularly Joshua Tilki, her longtime school friend whom she felt she hadn't seen in ages.

"Joshua! Hey! How have you been?" Turning to the two near him, she noticed a bit of tension from one, and stuck both hands out in a rediculous criss-cross fashion. "My name's Norrix. It's lovely to meet you both! This is Nectar, and she loves pets and cuddles!"

Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 14, 2024 10:39 PM

Determined_Wolf

Lightbringer

Give Award

Cal/Callie | 26 | They/She/Him | Human

M: Josh, Bodhi, + Norrix

“Still believe in those old schoolyard fairy tales?”

“Fucking-” Cal’s body literally shot up as he heard Josh’s voice. Grasping at her shirt, she breathed a sigh of relief. “Don’t scare me like that, Josh! Gods, do you want to give me a heart attack?” Cal almost looked genuinely mad for a moment before snickering and shaking their head as they stood. Cal was wearing an old band shirt from a local garage band with a striped black and navy blue shirt under it. Baggy jeans pants and black and white converse completed their look as they stood and took Josh’s hand. The blue grunge style definitely suited him, but he wished he had worn something else upon first re-meeting with Josh.

A lot had changed about Cal in the years. He had longer hair, he was no longer wearing his favorite ball cap, and he was sporting a pair of wire, circle glasses which he never had before. His form looked less like the star of the track team and more like a boxer. He might have grown an inch or two as well, but it was hard to tell when he was already so tall before. Cal looked down at Josh and smiled cause Josh had absolutely changed too. She could not help but look the other person over, taking in all of the changes Josh underwent in her time away. He definitely looked older but clean-shaven, taller and a bit more developed in the jaw and chest. It was weird seeing him all grown. It almost made no sense to Cal. As Josh extended his hand, Cal quickly took it and pulled him close into a tight hug with a warm smile.

“Man, it’s good to see you!” Cal pulled away and placed one hand on his shoulder and used the other to ruffle the man’s hair. “And that’s for picking on me about praying, jackass!” Cal laughed as they pulled away leaning against the wall again with one foot propped up against the wall. “Plus, you’re one to talk when you still got that old thing from highschool.” Cal gave a half-assed motion to the necklace poking out of Josh’s pocket, recognizing it instantly from back when Josh wore that thing of that traitorous deity around his neck at all times.

Cal just smirked, proud of herself for catching this little memento of their highschool years until Josh decided to insult her further. Cal looked down at their clothes and dusted them off, running a hand through their pulled back hair once they finished. Cal did not look that bad. Cal did not look bad at all! Tired, sure. Exhausted, even. Maybe a little disheveled from staying out so late after deciding to go to a friend’s house after grading papers for hours, but come on. She did not look that bad!

“Wooow, you flatter me so much,” Cal replied dryly with an eye roll that made it look like his eyes would roll right out of his head. “Hey, even if Ambrose has made me age a decade or something, don’t act all high and mighty, pipsqueak.” “Pipsqueak” felt like such an old time-y word to say but it certainly seemed to fit as Cal poked Josh’s overly inflated chest with a suppressed laugh. “Gods, can you even breathe when you puff your chest out like that?”

As Josh motioned to the bag, Cal picked it up off the ground and looked in at its contents. The tub of ice cream- magno of course- was melting already and he was sure the other bagged and packaged things would go bad if they did not get refrigerated soon. Cal considered her options before chuckling to herself before smiling warmly.

“Yeah, we have a ton to catch up on,” Cal replied, a goofy smile still growing on his face that just made him look like a sappy dork. “I don’t know what you mean though; hanging out with a guy you haven’t seen in years in a dark, shady corner seems totally normal and fun,” Cal’s words oozed with sarcasm before he raised up the plastic bag, “but I might be amenable to hanging out with you in a much better spot if you show me where I can put these. Hell, I know a guy where we can get these killer grilled-”

“Hey, Cal. Do you have a minute?”

Cal looked away from Josh for the first time in a while and met eyes with-

“Bodhi! What are you doing here? I thought you’d be staying inside today or something. Glad you decided to come out of your apartment today!” Cal chuckled with a radiant warmth emanating from his tone. Cal quickly turned back to Josh with a bright smile. “Josh, this is-” Cal paused, realizing Bodhi said Josh’s name, meaning the two already knew each other. “Wait, you probably already know- Anyway, Josh, this is my advisee! I didn’t get a chance to tell you but uhh…,” Cal let out a nervous chuckle before adjusting an imaginary tie like a professor would, “I am a college professor now who goes by Professor Lê.” Cal gave an even more awkward chuckle now as she rubbed the back of her neck. “Real fancy shit, I know…” Cal looked back at Bodhi and then to Josh as her smile faded. “Look, this will just be a second and then we can get right back to catching up, okay?” Cal smiled. “I promise.”

Cal then turned to look at Bodhi. “Hey, what’d ya need from me? Did you come to just randomly say hi or has one of your teachers been giving you a hard time? If so, I will gladly have some words with them. Honestly, I- ahhh con chó!!”

Cal instantly interrupted themself as they dropped to their knees and outstretched a hand to the dog approaching them, paying no mind to the new human or the other two humans he was in the middle of interacting with.

Forums > Roleplay > Literate
   1    2    3    4    5   ..   6 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us