07:25:52 Silent, Lucid
Thoughts?
-Click-
 Gallifrey Falls
07:24:18 Allons-y / Myth
Hello
 kycantina
07:20:12 ky
Salem, I think Astley is a beautiful option for him :)
 Apothecary
07:20:07 Medicinally Autistic
Wondering if I should profit off of the new boots. I have 700 moonflowers

I could always save my moon flowers too.
 Salem
07:15:42 Rumi
Name ideas? :3
-WP Click-
 Apothecary
07:14:09 Medicinally Autistic
Time to redo my pack page xD
 Hallow's Eve
07:11:08 Hallow, Eve
Man IÂ’m ready for classes to be over
 Vennenum
07:08:55 Venn/Venne
Moonnight - save them?
 Moonnightshade
07:07:58 
I have 3 wolf party tokens but my den is full and I don't have premium or apples :(
 Transcendence
07:03:49 free palestine
Imagine Eve banning all rick roll suspected links for the lols
 Boeing
07:02:12 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
I only clicked it because it wasn't a WP forum link lol
wait. I swear... one day someone's uploading a gif of rickroll onto postimages >.>
 kycantina
07:00:23 ky
Con, one day you're going to need us to actually click the links you send and by then it'll be too late
 Geo
06:59:32 xx
venn
i can only imagine LOL
 Convivial
06:59:27 You've been Conned
Venn
It's an option on phone cameras that zooms out, makes anything up close look really funny so people will take pictures of eachother with 0.5 just for jokes
 Salom_
06:59:25 Sal, Salmon
Convivial
A bit! ItÂ’s silly, I like it
 Salom_
06:59:03 Sal, Salmon
Venn
.5 is a camera zoom setting! You can take funny looking pictures if you zoom out til it says “.5x”
 Vennenum
06:58:16 Venn/Venne
Whats 0.5?
 Vennenum
06:57:54 Venn/Venne
That negative sign needs to be larger.

Lost count how many times we get this question. Lmao
 Convivial
06:57:50 You've been Conned
Chat does this look like it was taken from 0.5
-Click-

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Badger : +3
Copperhead : -4
Mojave Green Rattler : +5
    Winter   Night  Weather:  Clear  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Literate
   1    2    3 

Black Out Days | ThreadDecember 31, 2021 01:25 AM

Spellbound

Lightbringer

Give Award

Ráðgríðr | 5 | Alpha Female | Mentions: Akita, The Pack (ind.)

Today was shaping out to be a wonderful day. The female had given her pack the instructions for the preparations of the Full Moon Ceremony and it seemed everyone was busy. And she knew that even if they weren't that others would be doing just even the smallest thing for the ceremony. She was happy to have such a large and beautiful pack, but she wished things were better. The internal conflict was starting to rear its head a bit, and she didn't like that one bit. She'd have to eliminate it quickly and efficiently before it did some lasting damage. She hoped the ceremony would keep things off the edge for a while before she made announcements and changes within the pack. It was time for some major changes and this included rank changes along with how things were done around the pack. Yes, sacrifices were necessary to please the Gods yet she didn't believe in harming another one of her pack members for the sake of it - it was cruel and unnatural and probably why they were being punished for such atrocious behavior and unnecessary bloodshed. She hoped the gods could forgive her for her sins - a sigh release from her maw as she looked over what was remaining of her pack at the camp. She hoped most of them got some rest, and she smiled softly. The female was in very high spirits which was a very rare thing for the pack. Maybe it was the prospect of such a beautiful ceremony or maybe it was because of her youngest children Ah, how the dame adored all her children and how so proud of her boys was she, yet she was finally happy to have a little girl. Speaking of her daughter she heard the excited voice of her daughter calling to her and she looked down to see the excitement in her eyes and she smiled and nosed the little pup.

The female laid down comfortably, and gently picked her daughter up and tucked her close in a gentle manner with a mischievous grin on her face, "Calm down my little mockingbird." She cooed, this was her pet name for her daughter - she was as lively as the mockingbird themselves and she gave a big smile before continuing on, "the ceremony we're celebrating today is the Full Moon Ceremony. We are holding a grand feast for the Goddess Thando and her lover the God Mondli."

A twinkle came into her eyes as she spoke in a hushed voice - completely immersed in her story, " Legend has it if you pray to Thando when the Full Moon is at its brightest point she'll reveal to you your true love. Because you see - she is the goddess of pure and true love, a love that is eternal and forever - one that will never fade and will stand the test of time, no matter how gard the waves of life come crashing on your shores. She is there to protect your love and make sure it stays true."

A soft expression came on her face as she continued, " Her love is all types of love, like the bond between a mother and daughter." And with this she nuzzled her daughter lovingly, "or that of an Alpha for their pack. But most importantly the romantic love between mates. Maybe one day you'll find a living partner to share a Full Moon Howl with my dear." And then she said with a mischievous grin and voice, "You know we're attending a grand wedding feast, the Goddess Thando invites us to her feast every Full Moon, after all her lover is the God of Feasts and Festivities so why wouldn't he want to celebrate his beautiful mate every month. Would you like to hear the story of how Mondli proposed to Thando?"
A small smirk appearing on her features, knowing her daughter would readily say yes.

Black Out Days | ThreadDecember 31, 2021 02:09 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

Ghost | 7 | Male | Rank: Warrior | Mentions: Sylphrena *Direct* // Aghaidh *Indirect*

Ghost ignored the Omegas tension allowing it to roll along his spime like the soft breeze that billowed the mist away from the falls. His golden optics never holding an ounce of judgement, only perhaps a bit of pitty for those who hold such a low class.

Ghost sees Aghaidh as a wronged juvenille spoiled of many of lifes goods. Goods a young wolf like him should have been blessed. A subtle sigh heaved from his jaws as he lifted a particularly large piece of tree to the side. His mind unusually busy today, perhaps it had been caused by his lack of sleep the night before.

Shaking his large cranium Ghost turned to his companion a respectable comarade. She often caught his eye, not in a romantic way though as Ghost often or rather perminatly had his intrests swayed to his own gender. Sylphrena was a skilled she wolf and he enjoyed her company however silent it was.

"Seems as though that was the last log, shall we move on to more sheltered areas? Ensure the path from camp here is free of all the brambles?"

Ghosts deep timber sounded as he leapt back atop solid ground. His massive bulk something to marvel at as he carried it around with undeniable ease.

Akala | 3 | Female | Rank: Beta | Mentions: Miska *Indirect* // Azra *Direct*

Akala nodded to Miskas words and pricked her audits back towards Azra. He was indeed a unique juvenile and she enjoyed hearing his opinions. Smiling she shook her pelt and turned her cranium back to view him.

"Do tell me Azra what are you views upon the spirits buried here... and why you think our gods are angry?"

Akala inquired as the fog around them seemed to thicken slightly making her pelt crawl as if she had beetles running along her skin. Her paw pads pressing into the either as she purposly dug her claws into the foilage below.

She needed the chatter for the silence was making things to eerie. It was allowing her mind to wander and her senses to over focus. Akala lifted her lips to breifly flash her tongue over her canines a nervous tick she had. One you wouldnt really pick up on unless like Miska you where normally around her day in and day out.

Amaya | 1.5 | Female | Rank: Juvenile | Mentions: Akita // Ráðgríðr // Open

Amaya had be left in camp without any duties and after checking to see if Akita was around she was saddened breifly to see the young pup had scampered off. Of course she had tried to find some place she could be of assistance, after all she never said no or complained about anything to anyone. Which was just how she was, never standing up for herself and simply having no back bone. It often lead Amayas thoughts to become those of self hate. Which she didnt let on to and no one truelly ever knew what went on in her mind.

Amaya was almost thourghly disappointed untill she heard the beginnings of a story being told in her alphas den. Carefully and silently she approached the sounds her audits perking up. She hadnt heard this story yet and silently lowered to her belly.

Creeping closer Amaya lay down outside the Alphas den and fixed her audits upon the entrance hoping to hear the story to.... without interupting mother and daughter bounding time. Her banner tapping the earth three times in almost uncontrolled excitment at the idea of hearing a new story.

Despite how unsure she was of the gods, she was never one to turn down stories... it was often how she fell asleep. Thinking to her self the stories she heard and lulling herself to sleep with the ones she knew well. Amaya rested her muzzle upon her paws and waited for the story to begin.

Edited at December 31, 2021 11:07 AM by Artcherryontop
Black Out Days | ThreadDecember 31, 2021 02:44 AM

queen.

Neutral

Give Award
Ragnar
Male | 7 | Lord Hunter | Mentions: Blath, Themba, Kateri (direct), Rags, Chinook, Calypso, others (indir)

Pondering his thoughts for the day, Ragnar had been given the orders by Rags herself to lead a hunt in preparation for the current celebration - the Full Moon Celebration. A feast was required, and he was leading the first hunt for it. His mate, Calypso, had been assigned to lead the juveniles off on a separate hunt. He hummed softly to himself, finding himself attempting to find everyone he needed.

Themba was God knows where. He was usually on time for these sort of things, especially since he enjoyed hunting. When Themba arrived a few months ago with his daughter, Ragnar was unsure of what to think of him. He was interesting to say the least, but had obviously come from a background of tragedy. Ragnar had never tried really interacting with the fellow, so today, that may change.

But for now, he would focus on finding those more close to him. Blath, the little shit, was a wolf that Ragnar hadn't really put much time into knowing. Ragnar couldn't find anything interesting about him besides the fact that he collected flowers. Not that he had anything against it, but Raganr couldn't understand the fascination with flowers of all things. He was childish, but in Blath's eyes, that didn't seem to bother him. Unless it did. What did Ragnar know?

Now, Kateri on the other hand was one he supposed he could tolerate. Ragnar never found himself in any bad encounters with this female, but he struggled to read her. She seemed off at times, though completely normal at others. Serious and cold. That's all Ragnar could manage to get off of her. Ragnar found that she was seemingly apathetic as well, but maybe that was simply on accounts of their encounters, nothing else.

"Blath! Kateri!" Ragnar called from the mouth of his den, hoping they were nearby. He grunted softly as he heard no responses. Themba would be here normally, and Ragnar could respect him of that, but he also had to cut the male some slack considering this was one of hist first celebrations. He had been here for the last two Full Moon Celebrations, though didn't seem as invested as the pack would like. He didn't understand somethings.

Ragnar growled lowly, rumbling deep in the back of his throat. The Alpha Female gave specific orders, why wouldn't they just follow them? And obviously, they should listen to Ragnar, the Lord Hunter himself. Hand chosen by Chinook, the Alpha Male. Most of the time Ragnar was never around him, so he was confused as to why he was chosen for the role. He started at the bottom as an omega when he first joined, earning the role of warrior for a good few years before becoming Lord Hunter. Ragnar shrugged the thought away though, and would continue on his adventure to find Blath and Kateri.

A soft sigh escaped from Ragnar. He let out a small howl, which would signal for just him - each wolf having slightly unique calls or howls for certain situations. Hopefully then the other three would know what to do and Ragnar wouldn't have to sit and wait around any longer. Didn't they know what day it was? They would be lucky if they could even pick up a scent at the rate the land was going.

The gods had damned them.

Edited at December 31, 2021 02:44 AM by queen.
Black Out Days | ThreadDecember 31, 2021 03:18 AM

Cereal

Darkseeker

Give Award

Blath | Male | 3 | Hunter

Mentions: Ragnar

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Blath was pinning a loner wolf down on the ground, inhaling his scent like a hungry animal. The pupil in his eyes narrow, pushing his paw down hard against the male's throat. "You're the one that's been sneaking around, eh?" His claws penetrate his skin, with the male's blood polishing them. "I should rip out your throat, you scurrying rat." He spat, eyes filled with ill will as they were on the other male. Hearing the howl from Ragnar made him perk up a bit, but not out of joy. Out of annoyance, more like it. How is he supposed to do his job if they keep on bugging him? Gah, now he's eager to rip out someone's throat. That could work since he has an unwilling participant beneath him. Blath smiles, raising his tail that now starts to sway in glee, his lips curling into a smile with a sinister meaning behind it.

Blath returns to camp, his mouth filled with rabbits that he had to quickly catch to lower any suspicion of his disappearance. Not to mention the addition of the flowers stuck into his fur, adding a bit of flare towards the male's coat. A bright red rose tucked neatly behind his ear, his scent covered up by flowers. Seeing Ragnar in the distance, he races over and places the rabbit down at the male's feet. Ugh, the male better let him work by himself. Working with others gives him a migraine, well, it doesn't and he may be exaggerating a little bit. "I was already out hunting. I don't need someone to supervise me 24/7." He scrunches up his face, "It's weird. Don't you think so too, Raggy?" Wagging his tail while tilting his head, his eyes moving down to check on the five rabbits. "I'm going to hunt more! Bye!" He says, scurrying off back into the woods to finish his "hunting" job. His mission, find the banished members of the pack and bring them back so they can speak with Ragster. How hard could it be?

Edited at December 31, 2021 03:19 AM by Cereal
Black Out Days | ThreadDecember 31, 2021 09:44 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

Nephthys | 6 | Female | Sentinel

Indirect Mentions: Selene

Brief Mentions: None

Direct Mentions: Themba, Open

Themba. The wolf who’d joined the pack a mere few months ago and earned the rank of hunter. Nephthys hadn’t really bothered to pay attention to him, after all, like most other wolves, she’d found him to be quite a nuisance from what she’d heard. But now, he’d come up to her to confront her about something as insignificant as telling off a pup. Nephthys didn’t even know that the pup was his, or that he was in the area just when the six month old ran off. How unlucky.

Nephthys sighed in annoyance, glancing around to make sure that no other wolves besides Themba were in their presence. Then, she hauled herself to her paws, rising to her full height and shaking grass and dirt off of her snowy white pelt. Maybe she could just intimidate him with her size and he’d go away, but she doubted it if he was gutsy enough to talk to Nephthys. She hoped that this wolf wasn’t too Loquacious, or else she’d have an even more bothersome problem on her hands. Nephthys wanted to get this little encounter over with swiftly so that she could go back to doing absolutely nothing.

The behemoth of a she wolf peeled her lips back in a snarl. “What am I doing?” Nephthys responded, her tail twitching in impatience as well as underlying malice in her voice. “What are you doing? Don’t you know that it’s against the rules disturbing somebody who bears a higher rank than you? On the contrary, there’s no rule that says I can’t tell some pup staring at me to go away. I don’t know what makes you so stupid, but whatever it is, it really works.”

Everything about Nephthys from her twitching tail and expression in her cold blue eyes to the tone in her voice said that she was irritated. So, why couldn’t this wolf just go away already? It’d make both their lives so much easier. She took a step forward, brushing past the smaller male and walking in the direction that Selene had run off in. But, she couldn’t resist speaking a few more words to Themba before she walked off, hoping that he wouldn’t dare to stop her. “Oh, and how about instead of bothering me, you go make yourself useful and do your duty?

Word Count: 388

Black Out Days | ThreadDecember 31, 2021 04:08 PM

Renegades

Neutral

Give Award

Verine

4 - Female - Loner - Location: Weeping Forest - Mentions: Open.

Grey clouds spotted the sky, a slight chilly breeze blew through the forest. Fog gently floated between trees, and humidity was highly present in the air. The ground was soft, the soil a bit moist.

A dark damsel weaved between trees, her banner bouncing in rhythmic patterns at her haunches. She treaded lightly, as she was careful to land softly on her paws to ensure any noise she created was nothing but silent and hushed. Verine had been traveling through this eerie forest since before dawn. She tried her best to remain on the outskirts, however, everything looked the same, thus, she was sure she was turned around. As, she couldn't identify the sky due to the thick fog overhead, and the wind kept shifting. There was nothing she could use for navigation, except for her own intuition, which at this point was so twisted, she wasn't sure if she could even trust it.

As a branch snapped and the sound of a bird taking flight echoed nearby, her muscles tensed. Ver was a bit precautious lately, as rumors of an odd pack had traveled between loners and nomads, and the rumors weren't exactly benevolent either. It was said that this pack had truly eccentric beliefs. Whispers mentioned gods, ceremonies, and rituals. They were highly religious and superstitious, and relied on these beings to look after them. But whispers also mentioned that this pack was in a rough spot, as disease and famine had recently blanketed these lands, throwing this pack into... well... chaos. Verine should avoid these lands if she wished for a peaceful journey, but curiosity was swirling inside her, and she couldn't help but hope to stumble into one of these 'rituals' while passing through. As, watching this odd scene would be for pure amusement, and she could carry these tales into her next pack.

Verine's nomadic journey had begun when she abandoned her former pack due to the destruction that had occurred in it. For the past year she had been bouncing from pack to pack. It worked as such: she used her charisma and wits to be welcomed in; she socialized and built trust to feed off of their successes and resources; and then she left, sometimes leaving ruins in her wake. She couldn't help it, consider this behavior as a part of her. Though she'd never admit it, she craved chaos, bloodshed, and destruction. These sinister tendencies, however, remained hidden behind her charming, dignified, and vivacious front. Her horns only towered when the beast reared its head, and the butterflies and rainbows would remain until lightening struck.

This rumored pack wasn't yet in her interests, as she had heard that they were powerful and wary of outsiders. Simply infiltrating like a parasite wouldn't be an option. If she did wish to become apart of it, she would have to put on her best damn acting performance of her life. But, she wasn't in the mood to begin her next infiltration, so for now she was trying to navigate her way to the northern side of the territory, as she had come from south west. But, nonetheless, she was lost. If she ran into these pack wolves, she was prepared. If it backfired, then Ver's improv would be needed.

Verine's stomach released a knotted growl as she delicately stepped over a fallen tree. She paused for a second before analyzing the air. Small prey lingered, as well as the distant musk of a bear. Ver's mouth salivated, at which she shook her had at. She had one rule when passing through pack lands: never hunt. Most pack wolves found it disrespectful, and she wasn't here to batter her distinguished reputation. So, a meal would be due once she found the way out of this damned place.

Black Out Days | ThreadJanuary 1, 2022 12:59 AM

Mother

Darkseeker

Give Award

Levi || 1.8 || Juvenile || M: Enya, Ruth, Calypso, Ezra and Fam (Ind)

Patrolling was boring. Hunting was boring. Life was boring. The young male had a neutral expression plastered to his face, but his insides were in upheaval. Without his brother, everything failed to pique his interest. There was no one to send a glance to, nobody to understand his subtle movements, not a soul who would get his mild jokes.

Maybe his mother had found out about the waterfall?

Mothers always found out about everything.

It wasn't fair that he'd been separated from his littermate; in fact, it was torture. His current company was fine and all, but walking to hunt for the ceremony, as important as that was, lacked the adventure and excitement that doing anything with his brother entailed. By the gods -- what had they done? It was upsetting the natural order of things. Chaos would ensue; that much was certain.

The lackluster male pricked his ears at the scent of squirrel and he chuffed a small notification to Calypso and the others. His movements became softer and more calculated as he moved forward, on point and focused on the trail. As he neared the strongest gathering of scents, he found his quarry. The animal had paused its browsing; its paws were frozen around a particularly large nut, and the squirrel itself looked as though it may have had one to many already.

Levi crouched and launched himself at the plump prey -- and missed. He tumbled to the side in confusion and whipped around in time to see a flash of feathers and long, curled talons embedded in the limp, red body. The massive hawk -- or was it an eagle?-- was already climbing into the sky by the time Levi had regained his composure, and he bared his teeth at the air, swallowing his curses. Now was not the time to scare off what prey was left.

Black Out Days | ThreadJanuary 1, 2022 01:44 AM

Mother

Darkseeker

Give Award

Syl || 3 || Warrior || M: Ghost

"Yes, that would be appreciated, I'm sure," she responded to Ghost's suggestion. She herself had grown so accustomed to just sidestepping the overgrowth there that it no longer worried her. Other wolves who frequented the area less, though, would have more difficulties navigating the brambles, however small and premature the plants were. Sylphrena moved to the opposite bank where she could walk with less caution and focus more on undergrowth removal than slipping into the rapids.

As she came upon a bramble patch nearer to the path than necessary, she began chewing off bits of plant a little at a time, effectively trimming it rather than ripping it all out. This one, in particular, was lodged between two massive rocks and far too deeply embedded in the earth to easily pluck out. So, this would have to do. The smaller sprouts that protruded from the cracks further towards the water, though, were much more easily discarded. They would probably grow back, but that would be dealt with when it needed to happen.

As she worked, she looked over to Ghost and asked, "Which is your favorite ceremony?"

It was a random question. She hadn't really thought it through before asking. Quite the conversation starter for a wolf who didn't speak too much. Sylphrena was mildly surprised at herself, but it had been said, and she would not take it back now, especially if the older male wanted to talk.

Black Out Days | ThreadJanuary 1, 2022 01:57 PM

M I S E R Y

Darkseeker

Give Award
• MISHKA •
4 | Female | Beta | M: Ezra, Akala
Perking her ears, she listened as the juvenile spoke about what his litter mate had said about the spirits. It seemed convincing to Mishka, though she wondered where Levi had got that from. Mishka continued to walk with the two wolves as she looked down at Ezra.
"Is that so?" She said with a proud posture. Mishka turned her head as Akala began to ask Ezra what his brother's views were. Mishka didn't expect them to have strong views just yet as they were still juveniles. But it would be impressive to her if they did.
A smirk tan across her maw as she exchanged a glance with Ezra.
"Do tell." Was simply all she said in response to Akala's question for the young male about his brother. Mishka had lowered her pace to stay behind Ezra. This was a protection tactic. It was just in case something, or someone, tries to run up behind them. If anything happened to Ezra, the blood would be on Mishka and Akala's paws.
Mishka might seem like she is overreacting about staying cautious when they are not far from their territory. But think of it this way. There are two females and a juvenile out patrolling alone. Anything could happen. Mishka takes her role very seriously. She cannot afford to lose her position in the pack. Mishka looks around before slightly swaying her tail as she continued to follow the two wolves.
Her thoughts couldn't leave the ceremony that would be happening very soon. With new younglings and members, she had hoped this ceremony would go as planned. Though with Ráðgríðr and Chinook as Alphas, Mishka doubts anything will go wrong. She sighed and soon began to focus her thoughts on the patrol.
• AKITA •
4 Months | Female | Pup | M: Rags, Levi(ind.), Ezra(ind.)
Listening to her mother speak about the gods put Akita in awe. She listened intently as she nuzzled beside her mother, fascinated by the stories. It surprised Akita how powerful these gods seemed. Akita wanted to know more. She wanted to understand these gods the way her mother does. Hee eyes lightened as her mother offered to tell another story.
"Yes! Yes! Please!" She said, wagging her tail. Akita did wonder where her brothers had gone. She hadn't seen them in a while. The last time she saw them, they were going their separate ways with other wolves. Akita did hope they would be back soon. She wondered if they knew about the stories too. Akita looked up at her mother with glee, awaiting for another story.
• LOKI •
5 | Male | Warrior | M: Leala
The male couldn't help but notice that everyone else going on patrols were in small groups. Yet he was stuck with one other wolf. Though, he didn't mind too much. After all, one less mouth to hear. Although he noticed the female hadn't talked much. Good enough for him. Loki continued the search for any banished wolves, a low growl escaping his throat. He needed a thrill. A chase. Something to get his blood pumping. That's where he slightly hoped he crosses one.
Loki looked back at Leala with cold eyes. He was surprised that nobody tore out each other's fur yet. Usually others would get tired of Loki within the first five minutes of being with him. He shrugged it off and lowered his head to catch any unusual scents. Loki knows there has to be some wolves around here. Yet, he could only smell his packmates from afar.
He did wonder how the ceremony was going to go. Though he did not know where he stands regarding his beliefs for the gods. Loki had to say he was on the fence with this one. He snapped out of it and continued to focus on the patrol. He figured if he didn't find anything soon he would just head back and Leala can do what she pleases.
Black Out Days | ThreadJanuary 2, 2022 02:03 AM

Renegades

Neutral

Give Award

Mayavi

Former warrior: Banished - Female - 5 - Mentions: Issa

It was mid-day, the sun was just about at the crest of the sky. Mayavi dug aggressively at a fresh hole beneath a rock. If her senses were correct, some rodent was hiding out, possibly stocking for winter. Her muzzle was powdered with fresh dirt and her silver paws were discolored with mud. Maya paused as the hole emitted a high pitch squeak. Her ear flicked at the telling sound. The Nordic damsel remained still, not daring to move a muscle. Timing it right at the sound of little claws scraping against the earth, she suddenly lunged forward. Maya sent her opened jaws into the burrow, but with no avail, as the vole had shot out mere moments before she had her teeth around its body. Backing her head out of the vole's home, she spit out a mouthful of moist dirt. She rubbed her paw near her muzzle in an attempt to remove some of the Earth from her maw. Mayavi's features remained expressionless as she reflected on the situation. With a heavy huff, she turned and began to trot up a nearby hill.

Maya had been banished from Lonely Creek for awhile now, and it was apparent due to the few pounds of weight she had lost. Hunting wasn't ideal outside packlands, and her, and her comrade, Issa, were experiencing the matter first hand. The truth was, the land didn't supply the same amount of resources that the pack's territory did, which made practically all sustaining prey move inside the border. Maya had been living on small rodents, and sharing what she could find with Issa.

She trusted the former sacrificial, as she was the only other wolf that had the gumption to point out the oddities of the pack. The pack, especially the leaders were fogged in the mind with illusions of gods and miracles. Mayavi knew first hand that these miracles did not exist. The 'gods' were supposed to care for and watch over the pack with benevolence. Bullshit. If only the rest of the pack saw what her and Issa saw. But the leaders of the pack, and leaders of generations before, had brainwashed their members with those damned rituals and ceremonies. With the disease and famine slowly overtaking the land, before long the pack would have to worry less about disbelievers and more about survival. If they didn't wake up, they were cursed for a violent end. Mayavi wished she could help, as she cared for her former pack members, but if she dare step foot back into the borders, god... she'd be ripped apart in an instant. Truthfully, she was damned if she did help, and damned if she didn't.

She huffed as she exited the recent past. There was nothing significant she could do now. Maybe some spontaneous idea would form in her cranium? That usually works, all she had to do was be patient. Stopping at that, she continued her way up the hill before following a slightly beaten path towards a rocky area. Large boulders were scattered everywhere, some which she enjoyed due to their sunbathing benefits. The area was situated in a small bowl between multiple hills. The hills sheltered the area from wind, which made it temporarily ideal for Maya.

Finding her favorite rock, the Nordic damsel heavily collapsed on her stomach with a grunt. Remanence of grime remained on her body due to her unsuccessful vole hunt. Maya awaited for some sign of Issa, in hopes that her banished companion would return with either good news or food.

Forums > Roleplay > Literate
   1    2    3 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us