Wolf Play : The Last Remaining - Literate Wolf
Chatbox
 Gallifrey Falls
07:32:21 Allons-y / Myth
Does Generation both anything?
 Apothecary
07:31:59 Medicinally Autistic
Just edited my den page, gotta finish editing it though.
 Gallifrey Falls
07:31:26 Allons-y / Myth
Ok thanks
 Zeraphia
07:30:56 Vah stalks forums
Myth

12 IRL days! Each season is 3 irl days
 Vennenum
07:30:49 Venn/Venne
Same as real life.
12 WP months = 1 WP Year.
1 RL day = 1 WP month.

So every 12 days is a new year.
 Anxiety
07:30:48 ancient as hell
12 days, 3 days a season :)
 Gallifrey Falls
07:30:15 Allons-y / Myth
How long is a year on WP?
 Zeraphia
07:30:05 Vah stalks forums
Boe

XD i don't want to be a burden or anything.
 Boeing
07:29:01 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Zera
You say that all the time. I do it anyways XD
 Zeraphia
07:28:33 Vah stalks forums
Boe

XDD you don't have to.
 Boeing
07:28:20 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Zera
I can write something lol
 Zeraphia
07:28:07 Vah stalks forums
I kind of want to write but at the same time, my head hurts too much to do any in my book.
 Tech
07:26:50 
Zera
Same
 Zeraphia
07:26:14 Vah stalks forums
I am so bored >..>
 Silent Lucidity
07:25:52 Silent, Lucid
Thoughts?
-Click-
 Gallifrey Falls
07:24:18 Allons-y / Myth
Hello
 kycantina
07:20:12 ky
Salem, I think Astley is a beautiful option for him :)
 Apothecary
07:20:07 Medicinally Autistic
Wondering if I should profit off of the new boots. I have 700 moonflowers

I could always save my moon flowers too.
 Salem
07:15:42 Rumi
Name ideas? :3
-WP Click-
 Apothecary
07:14:09 Medicinally Autistic
Time to redo my pack page xD

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Badger : +3
Copperhead : -4
Mojave Green Rattler : +5
    Winter   Night  Weather:  Clear  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Literate
   1    2    3    4    5   ..   6 

The Last Remaining - Literate WolfDecember 23, 2021 08:45 PM

queen.

Neutral

Give Award

Ophir
Male | 2 years, 8 months | Mentions: Open (some indirect mentions)

Run. Run and do not look back.

There was nothing more terrifying than thinking that everything you knew, everything that you had been accustom to would just up and disappear in a heartbeat. Ophir couldn't believe it. As young as he is, it was terrifying. Living with a singular parent, one that he now despised to an extent, and living among other remaining pack mates, Ophir wasn't sure if he would survive. If he even would be capable of it. This world was astoundingly different that Ophir couldn't comprehend it.

But in order to get his mind off of this horrifying situation, Ophir had wandered off. He longed to go back to the pack and see his deceased mother one last time, though he didn't, and instead, would look around for a creek or a pond to quench his thirst. He hummed softly to himself, trudging through the wilderness. He wasn't far off from the group, and he figured that not many would notice that he was even gone. Ophir wasn't sure if many liked him, or even knew he existed for that matter, but maybe that didn't matter.

Ophir had traveled far enough now, and he was shit out of luck. There was nothing here to drink or eat, and his stomach growled seemingly angrily at him. He grunted, sitting back on his haunches and looking up at the sky. He squinted, the sun beating down on the earth below and warming it. He looked down after a few moments, closing his eyes.

The day had started off rather normal. There was nothing unusual about it. Ophir would awake, seeing his packmates doing their usual tasks. He went on to do his own thing as well, which would be practicing his hunting techniques. Normally wolves his age would've already been taught that, though Ophir struggled to learn certain things so he decided that this would be a great time to try and sharpen his skills.

Until he couldn't.

There were many barks and yelps of the remaining survivors. Ophir was assuming something like another predator or another wolf pack had invaded the camp, but instead, it was that damn plague. He knew that some were sick, but it seemed to have quickened within an instant.

And that's when he saw his mother.

Ophir always looked up to her unlike how he barely looked up to his father. Their relationship was never strong, nor was it weak - average, as some may call it, but this would change the course of many things. A dead mother, a father he's always resent one way or another, and a broken pack that would disband from its home in order to survive something that seemed inevitable. Ophir couldn't believe it.

His life, how he knew it, was gone. He struggled to comprehend it, just like how he did with most things, but this felt different than learning how to hunt. He should've been there to say goodbye to his mother. To help his father - the one male he wanted to please in his life but failed to do so. Ophir felt his body clench before he would open his amber eyes, the ringing in his ears disappearing. He rose to all fours, making his way back to the group.

Ophir wasn't entirely sure if he could call his group a family. Of course there was his father, Nekti, a male who he could barely manage to please at this rate, though Ophir strived to do just that with everyone - please them. And for what? It wasn't often he got something in return as is, therefore he found it pointless most of the time. He sighed, scanning the group. There was no need for his comments today.

There was no need for more heartbreak.

Edited at December 23, 2021 09:46 PM by queen.
The Last Remaining - Literate WolfDecember 24, 2021 03:09 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award

Choenyi - Female - 5 years - Mentions: Callidora, Nekti, Yalina, Acesco

Choenyi's tail was slightly lifted and her head was held high. She held Callidora's eye contact, and watched as her face morphed from distaste to a smile. Choenyi almost choked on her next words trying not to laugh at Callidora's fake 360 degree change of face. "Have you even asked her what she wants? I wouldn't have mosied on over here if you hadn't raised your voice loud enough to make it everyone's business." She backed off a little, as she hadn't needled Callidora as much as she would have preferred. She could see that Callidora's lack of sleep was putting her near the edge, however, it wasn't in her nature to back down entirely.

Lazily, Choenyi's eyes found Yalina as she told them enough. She snuck a look back at Callidora to see if this would distract her from her confrontation with Choenyi. "Very well then." She began to think of some of the basic hunting strategies she had learned while she was in the pack. She thought of everyone's strengths and weaknesses, as she plotted a way to catch food.

Her eyes darted back to them, and her eyes widened slightly as Yalina took a stand. Good for her. She didn't like to see Yalina get trampled. She had to hold back another urge to snort in amusement at Callidora's tone, when the healer let slip that pneumonia was a possibility. This time, Choenyi was much more determined not to laugh. The first time it had been only sparing a confrontation with Callidora's pride. However, it was heartless to be amused at the reaction to a way that one of her packmate's could die. She backed off some from those who were up while Callidora was distracted as she didn't want to attract her displeasure about this.

Once Choenyi started giving orders she attracted Callidora's attention again. "Callidora!" her tone was amused astonishment. "If I didn't know better I would think that you are admiring me, since you keep on paying special attention to me." That should shut her up long enough to defend herself. “Who was taking charge?” she rolled her eyes. "Somebody needed to take the initiative, and apparently I have that. You could not listen to me, but that means we'll be sitting here a lot longer squabling amongst ourselves. I don't know about you, but I am hungry. I haven't eaten well in a long time, and I don't feel like arguing with everyone." She pinned a glare at Callidora. "Now if anyone has an actual problem with the plan, speak up. Otherwise, let's get down to the business of hunting."

Callidora continued to complain about Choenyi. “Callidora. Darling,” she spoke as if to a pup. “I appreciate that you are listening, but not all of us have been hunters before." She implied wolves like Ophir, because she was determined not to call Callidora an experienced hunter. "Now do as your sister said and start thinking about the pack."

She nodded a few times to show that she was listening to Nekti's points. She was carefully studying Nekti unsure if he was making trouble on purpose, or if he was actually trying to be helpful. Regardless, she easily saw that this made sense. She smirked at Callidora. In an imperious tone, she asked, "Hear that?" Expecting that Callidora would find a way to smoothly insert it into the plan to make it work. Her eyes narrowed as she thought of a problem. "If there is a dry riverbed, I feel like our smaller softer paws would have more trouble being nimble amongst the loose rocks. The large deer are already rather clumsy. They will have an advantage there." She set her mind to trying to figure out a way to negate that issue. "If there is a cliff nearby, it might be a good idea to chase them off."

She looked at Callidora as if she were trying to mount a sneak attack and tackle her from behind, when she gave Choenyi a compliment.

Wow.

She was either taking Yalina's words to heart, or she was being especially devious. "Whoever is going to jump on the prey should probably be heavier and have stronger jaws. I'm not sure how to decide that." Most of them were pretty average sized. They had to let Callidora get ahead so that she could scout around. She looked at those remaining as they started getting ready to go. "Any volunteers for who want to jump on the deer?"

(Post for Acesco coming soon)

Edited at December 24, 2021 03:13 PM by Sir Froggington
The Last Remaining - Literate WolfDecember 24, 2021 04:14 PM

Red Moon

Lightbringer

Give Award

-Avis-
Mentions: Choenyi, Callidora, Yalina, etc

The grey figure ambled through the barren forest. Although it was around the middle of the day, the overcast sky blocked much of the sun from touching the grass and trees, casting long shadows across the cold ground. The forest was quiet, with only the occasional chirps from the birds or the scuffling from squirrels causing his ears to twitch instinctively. Truth was that the forest had been quiet for some time, and it came to no surprise that the loner had not crossed any company lately. He had been hearing news of a deadly sickness claiming lives, and he had even come across some empty camps in the last few weeks. The sickness had wiped out entire packs, according to the rumors. So perhaps it was a blessing in disguise that he was no pack wolf.

Avis had not been a pack wolf for years now. While he had grown up in one, he was no longer considered one. The male had left that life long ago, along with all the orders and power hungry wolves it consisted of. The canine was just a pup when he lived in a pack. And he was just a youngling when the group had combusted. A massive coup, a desperate grasp for power, a war, and bloodshed. And nothing was to show for it. The remaining survivors had slowly separated and dispersed, including Avis. His father had been one of the loyal ones to die in the battle. And his mother had been mortally wounded. Left with no one, the wolf had ventured out into the wilderness without a single glance back. Besides, he had nothing holding him back.

While his past was not the prettiest one, Avis seemed unaffected by it. The male was no sad moping mass of fur. Instead, he had hope. Hope for a better future and willingness to survive. Meeting him, no one would have thought he had an ugly past. And he liked it that way. So as he trotted through the cold forest with his tail up, a certain scent caught his nose. Blood. Death. Food?

Picking up the pace, he followed the distant smell. His paws flew across the ground as he took long, leaping strides. Once the source came into view, he could already feel his mouth water. Avis licked his chops, swaying his tail as he approached the half-eaten carcass of a moose. A few ravens had been picking at the leftovers, but with a snarl and a snap, the meal was his. "I don't mind if I do." He murmured.

While in the middle of eating his fill, the sounds of some sort of argument made him pause. With a little more investigation via his nose, Avis caught the scent of a couple of wolves. Interesting. Furrowing his brows, the canine rolled his shoulders as he chewed his last mouthful, swallowed, and followed the scent. His curiosity had been piqued. It wasn't often he ran into other wolves these days. Live ones, at least.

Once he came around the bend, he was still quite a distance away. The wolves were mere flecks in the distance. While it was nothing too special, a certain scent had made him stand there for just an extra moment. Something was familiar about it. But he couldn't quite place it. One thing he could tell from his observations was that they were arguing. And if he knew one thing, it was that full bellies would probably descalate the situation. Trotting up to the group with his head lowered in a sign of disinterest in competition or harm, the wolf called out when he was several steps away, "Look, I don't mean any harm... But maybe this whole argument can be sorted out over a snack? Just a little ways away is a carcass with some meat on it still. Thought I would offer... These are hard times."

The Last Remaining - Literate WolfDecember 25, 2021 02:46 PM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award

Callidora
Female || Three || Mentions: Choenyi, Nekti, Peony, Avis

Callidora had always been good at blocking sounds out. She had done it to her family when they spent nights mumbling nonsense due to sickness, she had done it when Yalina and herself argued, and currently, she was doing it to Choenyi. The female had little patience left, especially to waste both ridiculing and being the one ridiculed. She didn't want to further spend any of her time. If Choenyi wished to take the lead, so be it. Callidora would tolerate her until the hunt ended, and then, they'd both be on their separate ways.

For now, Callidora would focus on locating something, anything, though it was proving difficult from the distant chittering of, yes, you guessed it, Choenyi. Like an annoying mosquito, that female remained buzzing around her ears.

Blah, blah, volunteers, blah, deer, blah.

Grimacing, Callidora released a quiet growl from the corner of her mouth and continued slinking off, focusing on her task. Blocking out the sound of talking, the female lowered her head, nose pressed against the ground before her head snapped up, ears twirling around as her paw lifted from the floor.

Had her ears deceived her, or had she heard something walking?

Nose twitching, Callidora's eyes narrowed, her head leaning forward to gaze into the woods surrounding her. Was it her fatigue getting the best of her? Was this the result of obtaining no sleep? For lacking to care for herself? Such doubt rested in Callidora's mind that she even glanced back behind her, eyeing Choenyi or Nekti to see if they had heard it as well, but how could they? They were too far to have heard anything.

Lowering her paw and shaking her head lightly, Callidora had begun to take another step, only to pause.

Snap.

There, she heard it again!

Could it be a potential meal? Perhaps a squirrel or some other small game? Certainly it wouldn't be a deer or anything like that. Even they weren't idiotic enough to venture so close to a group of wolves. It couldn't be any fox or coyote either. They weren't that foolish. Her eyes trailed back to her group again standing in the distance. Surely they could catch the hint based off of her body language. The way Callidora held herself like a statue with a distant look should be enough to silence them.

Tail twitching, her head slowly turned back, eyes narrowing. There was a certain tension surrounding her. Something was off.

Then, it hit her.

Callidora had been looking in the wrong place. She was staring into the distance of the forest, failing to see the figure hidden right before her. All because of her own stupidity something had propelled itself forward, hitting her. The impact had caused a loud grunt to be released. She had fallen, a heap upon the ground that had managed to whirl around once or twice (truly, she had lost count), until she landed on her back with a thud.

There was pressure on her chest, causing her to have trouble breathing. Eyes closed, she released a heavy puff of breath before opening it. There, staring back at her, was a complete stranger. Well, that explained the inability to breathe. There was an odd silence until she was the first to speak. "Get off of me before I break your spleen." she suddenly hissed, her tone a mere whisper as her eyes stared back with blankness. Was this how she was going to die? No, she refused. She couldn't leave Yalina, not when her sister was so ill. She couldn't be the first to go.

Thus, her threats continued. "I will break your neck! I will use your tail as decoration! I will- Oh." During Callidora's small series of threats, the stranger had hopped off, now standing a few feet away as she remained on her back hollering like a fool. Cursing beneath her breath, she crawled onto her paws, now facing the brown-pelted male. Very well, he wanted to fight? So be it, she would fight. "Alright, let's get this over with then." Attempting to size the male up, Callidora peeled back her lips, hackles rising as she began hopping from side to side. " Come at me, I can take you on, tiny." Circling him a singular time, her dark gaze stared at him, her fur puffing out and head rising to appear taller than she was.

It didn't really work.

"You have made a bad decision, tiny. I have a whole group with me. Once they see you, it's over. Still want to fight? Huh? Huh?" Huffing and heaving, Callidora stared at the male before blinking as he opened his mouth to speak. What insult was he about to say, she wondered. Was he going to threaten her? Was he-

"Got any water, stranger?"

Eye twitching, Callidora suppressed any form of humiliation she felt and forced it down, never to resurface again.

"Water?" She repeated, as if testing to see if she heard right. "You barrel into me to ask for water?" Just like that, her annoyance had returned. Did he truly expect her to offer him some for free? No, that's not how she worked. "What's in it for me?" Piping up, Callidora narrowed her eyes at him, an idea popping up in her mind. Just like that, the female circled once more, but this time, for a different reason. "These are difficult times here. If I lead you to some, I expect the favour of kindness to be returned in some way. You understand where I'm coming from, don't you?" Pondering for a moment, she continued. "Are you fast?" Maybe, just maybe, this individual could help the group hunt in exchange for a small piece of food and some water. It would certainly increase the success of catching something. That way, everybody would benefit from it.

There was also Yalina. Her sister and Acesco were near the water. She wouldn't be foolish enough to lead this male there right away. Not with her sister so frail. If they hunted first, that would give them enough time to return to the temporary camp.

Of course, she would need to take this up with the others. Callidora obviously didn't trust him, but certainly nobody would pass up such a good opportunity. Taking several steps back, she kept her eyes on the male before briefly turning to the others before scoffing. Speaking of the others, did they truly not come to help her? Did they not rush to her aid as soon as she released a sound of struggle? Pah! Well, she knew where she now sat amongst them and.. Hold on.

There, near the others, stood yet another individual. Another stranger. She could hear them talking about a snack, and then an arguement, but Callidora didn't buy it. Her guard had risen once more. Eyes landing from the stranger next to her then to the other, she glanced at Nekti and Choenyi. What were the odds that two random wolves appeared at the same time? One targeting her, the other Choenyi and Nekti. "You, come," she mumbled to stranger one, keeping her eyes on him as she crept back to the others, closing the distance slightly.

When she neared them, her eyes stared at stranger number two before her voice lowered, scrutinizing him. "Who offers food for free?" She began, prying. "What sort of game are you playing at?" Callidora refused to believe it. This had to be a trap. Turning to Choenyi and Nekti, her tone dropped.

"Do you think that this is a trick of some sorts?"

Edited at December 25, 2021 02:51 PM by Tenebris Umbra
The Last Remaining - Literate WolfDecember 25, 2021 04:21 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award

Acesco - Male - 4 years - Healer - Mentions: Yalina, Callidora, Choenyi

Acesco sighed as Choenyi confronted Callidora. That couldn’t end well. His eyes widened as he watched Yalina stand up to Callidora until she reached a point of acceptance. Acesco assumed that everyone else would want to go hunting, however, if they deemed someone unable to hunt, they could always send them to help Acesco or to watch over Yalina. Quickly, Acesco agreed that Yalina did not have pneumonia hoping that would help some. He was beginning to want to get away as soon as possible. Perhaps he should have snuck away while everyone was still sleeping until he bitterly reminded himself that he wasn’t known for his stealth.

He perked back up realizing that Callidora was looking at him. He wanted to appear to be alert and capable. Instead of hatred or anger flashing from her eyes, when she looked at him, he could almost swear that it was thankfulness. Giving his pelt a shake he told himself he must be imagining it. He filed away the sadness that Callidora felt at the thought of hurting Yalina. It would help him understand her, even if he didn't have the same feelings that she did.

When he looked at Yalina he mostly felt guilty that he hadn’t improved her symptoms any. He doubted any of the herbs he gathered would have a significant effect. Obviously, he had to try and hope for the best. Moving on from his spiraling thoughts he began to describe the strong smell of rosemary, garlic, and sage. “Rosemary is very strong and fragrant. It is kind of sweet and bitter. The leaves look kind of like pine needles but less pointy. It grows like a bush. Garlic is very strong and pungent. It does not smell good. It’s not too strong of a smell unless you release the juices. Sage is very fragrant, and has its own distinct smell. I’m not sure how to describe it. Echinacea comes from a coneflower, and it is supposed to help give strength and help with cold symptoms.” He gave her the basic uses of echinacea and yarrow, describing their appearances.

Most importantly he emphasised that she needed to drink plenty of water, because her body didn’t need to be any more damaged than it already was. He didn’t add that part, but he was sure she could read between the lines of common sense. Many of these plants weren’t very common, so he wasn’t sure what he would find. “If I see anything that I can use, I’ll show it to you, and then it’ll be easier for you to find. I’ve also heard that basil and thyme work.”

He repeatedly would ask her how she was doing and if she needed a rest. Whenever she did, he would search around for herbs in a wide circle around her before coming back to her so that they could go on. Now that they were approaching the creek, he could feel a dampness in the air. “Look. There is a nice tree for you to lay under and plenty of soft moss if you would like to sit down. Let’s get you a drink, and then you can rest for a little while. Perhaps by then I’ll have found something that I can use to show you what we’re looking for.”

He took her down to the water and kept watch. When she was finished he took his turn not wanting them both to be oblivious to their surroundings at the same time. He did not want Callidora on his tail for something he could prevent. "How are you dealing with Callidora always on you? I know that you don't want to hurt her feelings, but I don't think giving you more than ten paces of space would hurt you. I did come up with an idea watching Callidora and Choenyi spar. Perhaps if I get Choenyi to give me a demonstration of what a brooding," his face became very wry, "bitch looks like, it'll distract your sister for a while. I'm sure that they'll bounce off of each other. After all, two headstrong females working together all afternoon sounds like a recipe for impatience to me. I won't do it if you think it would be a terrible idea, but it's the only thing I can think of to get your sister's eyes off of you for a moment. Unfortunately, you won't be able to go out of her eyesight, but it'll be something."

He told her to take a rest break. He wanted her to move, but he didn't want her to be exhausted. He watched her as she settled underneath a tree, and then he went out to search for herbs. He returned with some echinacea, which was the herb he most wanted. "See. This is a coneflower. I think this'll be the most helpful. If you are ready you can either move so I have a new circle of area to check or you can come looking with me."

(I have no idea what country they’re in or what naturally grows in the wild, and I don’t have a very good knowledge of herbs, so we’ll pretend these work if he finds them unless someone can give me advice.)

The Last Remaining - Literate WolfDecember 25, 2021 08:34 PM

Nez.ity

Game Moderator
Darkseeker

Give Award

Neziton || 4 years old || Mentions: Open || Male || Warrior
I'm sorry, what?

Believe it or not, Neziton was once normal. He lived in peace with his mindset. He even had a best buddy; every story has one do they not? Everything seemed so perfect, so real; as if Neziton was living in a mere dream where he would only smile and laugh. But it quickly turned into a nightmare, his paws abused the ground below him as he stared into the forest," I'm running...I'm running", He growled to himself as he leaped over a log; hitting the ground harder than expected he tumbled and fell. He had to get up, he couldn't imagine the hurt and pain he felt right now; it was unreal. Neziton clenched the ground below him and wished this was a mere dream, it had to be. One magical day couldn't just turn to shit, he couldn't lose the only canine who wanted to be near him.

If anything, this would be a funny story to tell. Something to tell the kids down the line, a story only made for the broken and forgotten. A story about how Neziton left his best friend to fight sickness, it was in his canine nature? To leave the weak and keep fighting, it wasn't just his fault; Aonich could have fought harder, if the bastard wanted to live so badly why didn't he fight as hard? Why would he give up so easily on something so small, Neziton watched closely as his friend begged; maybe even pleaded; same meaning Neziton. But who cares, the whimpering sound coming from Aonich disgusted Neziton so much he ran, ran from the thought of seeing his friend in pain. The dullest eyes he'll ever remember. But think, he didn't die if Neziton never saw his death, right? He's still alive somewhere laughing and scolding nearly everyone, the bastard must be hiding; surely that's the only logical answer. Neziton couldn't bring himself, to tell the truth, even thinking it would make it seem real; which it wasn't? Someone, anyone can tell Neziton surely lost his shit as he; instead of crying just ran. He ran and ran and ran until he couldn't run anymore, he wished he had missed the first sign; he wished Aonich didn't break his promise," I'll be here till the end my friend," He wasn't his friend, just some stranger making broken promises. He was selfish to die on him, he was weak nothing more than a bastard with no hold on his promises. Empty as his eyes that day, Neziton couldn't fandom the betrayal; honestly, it was just a blur of what happened. He wanted it to end, no pain, no memory of Aonich existing. He didn't even want to survive; at that point, Neziton refused to eat until his body was losing its cat-fishing thickness, showing how thin and lean he was," I'll be here....till...the...end...my...friend," Neziton hated those words, all together in one sentence, he hated it! He hated the thought of hearing it echoing back into his head as though he liked Aonich. Who even was Aonich, right? Nothing but just a canine who lived and died. The end.

Neziton stayed disconnected, he was quieter in the group now. He would usually talk his mouth off about something above watching them; controlling their every move because they had nothing better to do with their lives. He wanted everyone to shut up just for the sake of his world that he tried piecing together, he wanted smiles; so that's what he placed into it. He wanted peace, love, passion, and affection; nothing evil nothing more. He wanted utopian, perfection. If that screamed " help me I'm so sore", you have it mistaken; Neziton always wanted this; always will. He has a vision, but without power...his vision wouldn't come true.

How could one reply to so much already stated? Neziton's eyes drifted from canine to canine as if he was trying to figure out how to decode them, he was disgusted, (un)remorseful, uncaring for such things that he was left with; something was wrong. This isn't how we start Neziton's point of view, this wasn't how it was supposed to be; this was the thoughts and visions of someone who lost everything from the start, he couldn't have yet experienced it from the middle and worked his way around the situation. They robbed him! Who? Them! Them who? No one. He shook his head," We are all that's left...us?...Me?", He noted to himself. Of course, Neziton had to distance himself away till he formed some sort of story to catch up on the past. He stared at the ground expecting answers to shine below him, like an offering from those above; those who thought he was worth saving. If not for them, if not for their mercy he wouldn't be here; or so he thought. He stood to his full length and stretched as if this was some sort of story coming along.

Maybe you're right, maybe Neziton doesn't have the time nor the sane bits left inside him to keep going; he had lost nearly everything. Wait, pause. Was this going to be told from a depressing point of view, lets move on?

Neziton openly invited such thoughts, if anything it made the Neziton who you know all too well. He's the reason this was an ongoing session, he doesn't like being afraid, no not Neziton the other guy. The one who allows Neziton to get a bit crazy; he waited so long to address this alt that the guy has fully taken control of his thoughts and spoiled his mind with the thoughts that he'll be alone and fearless. Referring to this guy who Neziton allowed to get comfortable in his mind like a disease spreading- no he's not sick. Keep up, we're referring to the alt, Neziton darker side; that guy is the worst; he'll only appear when Neziton finally comes to his senses as if self-realization was a sort of trigger for the canine. It's a battle in someone who never allowed himself to fight back, but that's not the point that Neziton wants to make. He merely just wants peace.

He blinked his eyes to reality and hated it, staring at the ground he stayed where he was, a few meters/miles away from the group, and continued to stare off into the distance. Lowering his body and huffing.

Edited at December 25, 2021 08:35 PM by Nez.ity
The Last Remaining - Literate WolfDecember 25, 2021 08:37 PM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award

Yalina
Female || Three || Mentions: Acesco

The darker female strode forward, her steps light and hobbled at times. It was a leisurely stroll, one that didn't overly exert her. She was moving at a slow pace. In fact, so slow, that she was sure a turtle would overpass her. "Forgive me for holding you back," she would say as she walked, a soft smile gracing her features. "I haven't truly moved around in a while." She knew that she was slow. She hated even more apologizing for it.

Yalina stumbled slightly, her front paw slipping on a loose rock. Releasing a small grunt, she collected herself and brushed past it, tuttering to herself beneath her breath. A worried look glossed past her, one that instantly vanished the moment Acesco began to describe the different types of herbs. As he spoke, she listened, finding enjoyment in learning something new. Her eyes widened, a curious look plastered upon her face, as if a pup seeing the most fascinating thing for the first time. "Coneflowers.. Those are the pink ones, aren't they? The ones that grow in little bundles in fields or meadows?" Yalina eyed Acesco, feeling rather proud with herself over knowing something and inputting her own little opinion.

Her head had nodded twice at the mention of drinking water, knowing the sentence quite well and hearing it often from her sister. She was quiet for a moment before her eyes widened, mood increasing. "Oh, look! I don't suppose that there is rosemary, is it?" Increasing her pace slightly, she halted before the base of an oak. Next to it, a long plant grew. "See? It has pointy leaves of sorts." Staring at it, Yalina's smile increased.

It was, in fact, crabgrass.

A species of weed.

Bitter with her unsuccessful discovery, an annoyed look replaced her smile as she hobbled forward, continuing on the path alongside of Acesco. "It looked like rosemary," she muttered. Then again, Yalina had never seen it, so how would she know.

Lifting her head slightly, she would nod every time he asked if she was alright. Her response would be the same the entire time. That she was fine, and that they could continue. "I'll tell you when I need to rest." She figured it would be easier for him rather than having him constantly ask her. "I know I don't come off as strong, but I still have enough energy left to make it there and back." Whether those words were for Acesco or herself, it was unknown, but regardless, Yalina needed to hear it. It was a good reminder to herself to keep going and not let her sickness win.

"A drink sounds wonderful right now. I'm parched." She took a few steps before adding on, "I'm sure you'll find something." Bumping his shoulder with her own in a playful manner, it took a large amount of energy to do such a motion, nearly causing her to lose her balance. Teetering, Yalina composed herself and released a deep sigh before following down to the water. Lowering her head, she stared at her reflection for a moment, taking in her slightly sunken face before looking away. Her pink tongue lapped at the water, small ripples disrupting the clear surface as a minnow swam by quickly in the distance.

Stepping back, she lifted her head, eyes grazing over the surrounding area before taking a few steps back and lowering herself onto her haunches unsteadily. Hissing, Yalina's ears pinned against her cranium, her eyes squeezing shut as she felt a tremor of pain shoot up her spine. When it passed, she felt a wave of nausea hit her before it left the moment she took a few deep inhales. Yalina knew some ways to make herself feel better when it came to certain symptoms. A headache was best healed with sleep or sitting in darkness. Nausea passed her when she focused on something else and took inhales. Coughing eased when she took a sip of water or focused on her breathing. She had been sick for long enough that she understood how to ease her symptoms.

Taking a final inhale, the nausea finally passed, as did the pain in her body. Only then did she focused back onto Acesco when he spoke, ears flickering when he mentioned her sister, an unreadable expression appearing. "I don't.." Pausing, Yalina shook her head, turning to him. "I don't want Callidora to go through that." She took another pause, not entirely turning down his idea, but not entirely agreeing either. "My sister has always had.. trouble grasping this disease. I know she's suffocating, and I know she can seem irritable, but I do, in a sense, see where she's coming from. It can't be easy for her either, though I do wish she understood my side as well."

Callidora had always been the one looking after their sick family members. For some reason, she never caught it. Perhaps it was some immunity thing, but because of that, her sister was always the one there for others. That must have certainly been tiring as well. So could she truly judge? Yalina often felt claustrophobic in her sister's presence. She hated how she felt weak and how Callidora gazed at with worry, as if she couldn't do anything.. As if she were useless. And the moment Yalina tried to speak up, a wave of guilt often slapped her and forced her silent. It was a difficult situation for her. One she often felt she had little control over.

Adjusting her posture, Yalina scraped a tuft of moss in front of her. "I don't want to agitate her anymore, you know? She's gone through enough. What she needs is some time to herself where she can rest. Most preferably with someone who can distract her in a.. calmer sense." Did Acesco see what she was saying? Sure, she and Callidora had a rocky relationship, but it was still her sister. She wouldn't wish her anymore pain. "She has had a rough few nights alongside of me. I think, maybe, if she has more sleep or rest, she may be in a better mood. I mean, you saw her today. She actually let me go out for a change." Piping up, Yalina was always one to go for a plan that benefited both parties. She wished nothing but the best for most.

"I think I'll be able to get through to her more if she has proper rest." Convinced with her own plan, Yalina eyed Acesco before shifting. "If it doesn't work, we'll try yours. I just.. She needs to look out for herself for a moment." Managing to stand, this time with more ease, she motioned to him. "I'm going to rest beneath a tree. If I can be of any help, let me know." A pause. "Thank you for bringing me out here with you." She truly appreciated it, and she wanted him to know that before she walked off.

Twirling around thrice, she plopped down beneath the tree, her head resting upon her two front paws while her body remained upon some soft moss. An earthy aroma came from the moss, which was partially why she adored it. The remainder being because it was so soft and gentle to touch. Her eyes watched Acesco saunter off, a look of concentration on his features as he searched for herbs. While he looked, Yalina allowed herself to close her eyes for a brief moment, only for them to flutter open when approaching steps were sounded.

"What's this?" She asked him when he returned, head rising and eyes staring at a plant dangling from his jaws. "A coneflower! You found some!" Staring at it, she nodded her head to his suggestion and propped herself up. The pain had lessened, but an ache still remained. Regardless, she would go. She still felt fine enough, so why not.

"Let me come with you."

Edited at December 25, 2021 10:12 PM by Tenebris Umbra
The Last Remaining - Literate WolfDecember 25, 2021 11:51 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

[Peony/Three years/Mention:Pretty much everyone]

Yellow eyes blinked simply back at the annoyed, tan ball of fur, drinking in not only the odor she exuded, but her ruffled appearance as well. He cracked a questioning smirk at her whirlwind of presumptions, though a peeved glint batted fiercely across his eyes. Tiny? Peony chuffed, clearly displeased at the lack of respect in her tone when she began to retort about his request. “It was an accident.” He bit, pricking his ears forward and lashing his bushy tassel with distaste. This stranger clearly didn’t know who she was dealing with; inciting a fight he lusts for day to day, picking on his size–threatening him…the male only shook his head in response to her next inquiry, for he knew he’d rather scrap than beg. The last thing he’d be doing is giving anything to this stranger. Even if he were nothing but bone. So he remained silent, if anything, cocking his head to the side and matching her skeptical gaze with an intense, dispassionate stare. This lady….

“I’m strong…” Peony trailed off, eyes crackling with explosive contention. “Wanna bet?” He groused lowly, pressing forward with a hawkish grin. She had begun to frustrate him with the demeaning interrogation; as if he hadn’t just asked her a question. The male was used to answers. When he wondered about something, others would aid him, so why shouldn’t she? Why does she think she can simply speak to him however she so desires? No, he’d have to correct that, give her that brawl she mentioned before…teach her a lesson.

But he paused half way, noticing the way her frame spiked with disappointment and the way her stare darted towards an opposing canopy of trees expectantly.-- Not to mention her back pedaling paws. Peony growled and bounced to his right, examining the stocked herbage until he eventually focused on the unfamiliar figures grouped around each other as if in a meeting. “You have a clan?” He glanced at her with scrutiny. “No…it's much too small to be a clan..so, a force.” As if he finally collected his bearings and grasped the situation correctly, he bared his fangs in a cheeky grin, eyeing the female with mocking mirth. “What a bunch of weaklings.” He laughed until his voice cracked, sinking onto his haunches so as to calm himself. He saw no threat.

“What is this, a Scout force of some sort? Has the sick taken the rest of your clan? Take me to your leader, I’d prefer to speak to someone of authority” He finished. But when he turned to face her and his stare wasn’t returned, he immediately spiked with indignation, hopping to his paws and emitting an angered hiss that bubbled up into a growl. How dare she? Immediately, he began to search for the object that managed to claim her attention, a stupidly jealous spark igniting dangerously in his eye. Was he not worthy of her gaze? What a wretch. He’d show her. Casually, he allowed his glowing vision to staple itself onto a strange grey coat awning a clod of terrain nearby the female’s force. Instinctually, he inhaled their scent, sifting through the undulating fragrances until identifying the distinct stench of male. “You guys are terrible at concealing your presence.” Peony began with an unimpressed glare. “Why you weaklings are still alive is beyond me.” His clan would have never allowed two strangers to trespass on their grounds. Already, his confidence was swelling.

“You there, give me some directions.” The male began, starting a smooth pace towards the grey pelted canid foolish enough to disobey the laws of greed. Exactly, these are hard times. So you keep everything for your own consumption. To hell with everyone else. But before he could advance any further, a feminine voice gripped the air in a silky command, her eyes holding caution and swaying limbs padding back towards the rest of her force so as to lessen the distance. He guessed she’d prefer to be in the confines of familiarity, which he couldn’t blame her for, but what really got the male bothered was the order that had slipped from her jaws so casually. Peony flicked an ear, analyzing her figure with evident disfavor. His mouth was still dry. So dry. So he lapped at his muzzle, endearing vision still trained on hers. Finally, Peony spoke, rocking to his paws and shifting forth with his head slung low to the upturned soil, tail cocked up like a flag to display his bloom of confidence. “Don’t tell me what to do.” He scowled before finally making it to her side. And well, it was only for a short moment–for the male had passed her, progressing onto the rest of her force with ease.

“You told me to come, so take responsibility. I’ll be a part of your clan now.” The male sniffed begrudgingly, interjecting himself in the questioning looks and speech exchanged before the public eye. “You guys need me anyway.” Peony began a pensive scan of his subordinates, taking in the older male, the equally old female, and…well, he could smell more but..they were obviously absent. Whatever. He could properly meet his vassals later. Quirking his gaze back onto the stranger male ahead, he’d huff irritably, sauntering forth with a certain assured bob in his step until he had considerably lessened the proximity between them both; the stranger. Immediately, he circled the male, drinking in his scent and noticeably perking as the delectable odor of blood polluted the fur around his jaws. Having come to a decision, Peony straightened, rolling his shoulders back whilst his tail whipped impatiently at his hackles like a biting, honey flame. “I don’t know about yall but I’m gonna eat.”

Simultaneous to his crack of speech, he gyrated, locking eyes with those that were amber before he placed a rough paw at the males shoulder, pushing him back with demanding fangs. “Take me there. And you better be telling the damn truth.” Slowly, he blinked, a small, impish grin enveloping his features and creasing his jowls. “You can leave these weaklings behind.”

The Last Remaining - Literate WolfDecember 26, 2021 12:35 AM

Freedom

Neutral

Give Award

Nekti // Male // 6 years, 4 months // Mentions: Callidora, Choenyi, Avis, Peony, Yalina (ind.), Acesco (ind.), Ophir (ind.)

“He’s our one son left!”

“Anybody got an issue?”

Our son? Ours? Oh, that is rich, coming from you!”

“Yeah, I got one. Who put you in charge?”

“What is he then, your son? What am I, exactly? Do you just keep me around for decoration?”

“Somebody needed to take the initiative, and apparently I have that.”

“A decoration?! You’d make as poor a decoration as you do a father.”

“Why don't you go ahead and tell me what deer look like again, just in case I forgot that, too.”

“The last thing we need is for you to rub off on anyone. Too much time with his wonderful mother and he'll wind up just like you - no friends and no future. Maybe he'll get lucky and-"

“Callidora. Darling. I appreciate that you are listening, but not all of us have been hunters before.”

“Shut up! Somebody’s coming! Act like we're having a normal conversation.”

The urge to sigh lodged itself in Nekti’s chest, a lingering pressure that he held back, clamping his greying muzzle shut. He waited patiently for the two wolves to stop bickering, letting his gaze sweep over the colorful landscape of the camp. He couldn’t see Ophir, but he hardly seemed concerned by the fact - he didn’t even bother lingering for a moment to wonder where his son had gone. Ophir was very often up to trouble, wherever he wasn’t supposed to be. Maybe Nekti had simply lost the stamina to look after him, but truth be told, he had never really been very involved in Ophir’s life. Udara was the one who took care of that, the “loving and involved” mother. For a wolf who had lost so many pups, who had struggled so long, Nekti hardly seemed to care that Ophir was his own, of his flesh and blood. The miraculous fact that Ophir was there because of Nekti himself didn’t seem to even occur to Nekti. He had never held a wolf close enough to call them true friends or family - he hadn’t been close with his own parents or siblings, never affectionate with Udara, but it seemed even more pronounced with Ophir. The one pause Nekti did take was again in the direction of Yalina and Acesco, but that too was quick and certainly not perceptible to those not interested in knowing what he was doing.

Nekti’s idea was fairly well-received, and Nekti finally turned his full attention back to the others to hear their feedback. As Choenyi tweaked the plan slightly, suggesting trying to run the herd off a cliff, Nekti narrowed his eyes slightly but made no sound except for a low “mmm.” Maybe Nekti didn’t take criticism - even as reasonable as this - as well lately, but he certainly wouldn’t have started an argument. That was one thing wolves could rely on - he never went out of his way to get into conflicts, and he never bickered out in the open like a squabbling pup. As soon as Choenyi asked who should take down the deer, Nekti said calmly, “I’ll take it down, you two flank it.” Now, this might have seemed like a rational decision for several reasons - Nekti was larger than the other two, had once been stronger, and males were built battle for battle than for speed. Years ago, this would have been his main role, something he was particularly good at. The only problem was whether or not he could tackle a large animal to the ground. With a big pack it wasn’t necessary for members like him to take on main roles like this during the hunt, but desperates times often call for desperate measures. Nekti’s expression was even, as though nothing in the world could be more natural then him taking on that role, but he looked Choenyi in the eye, maybe a challenge or maybe a way of seeking reinforcement.

Whatever might have happened, and whatever Choenyi did answer, Nekti was distracted almost immediately afterwards as he heard a scuffle break out somewhere not too far away. He turned to look, and realized that he had noticed neither Callidora walking away nor the scent or sound of a strange wolf nearby. His gaze immediately snapped to the rest of their little camp. Besides the wolves that he already knew were here, nobody seemed to have returned. He sprang into action, pounding towards the strange wolf who seemed to have attacked Callidora. How did you not smell that? How didn’t you hear it? The wind, Nekti figured. It must have been the wind - it was picking up, and the billowing gusts were damping his senses. It was much better now that he was closer. Nekti couldn’t hear what Callidora was saying from here, but he could only assume it was nothing good. How had she gotten that far before Nekti even noticed? Perhaps he’d been too wrapped up in his conversation. By the time he was close enough to help, the strange wolf had already backed off. Nekti bounded forward just in time to hear Callidora say “I have a whole group with me.” Nekti moved in behind her, hackles raised, glowering at the strange wolf imperiously with his head raised.

“Got any water, stranger?”

Nekti exhaled sharply, but he let Callidora do the talking for now. He checked behind him to see if Choenyi had followed, and saw that another strange wolf had appeared before her. Looking between Callidora and Choenyi, Nekti paused and then turned to go help Choenyi. Some might have thought this showed a preference towards Choenyi, but wolves who knew him well knew that trusting a wolf to take care of themselves was one of the highest honors he could bestow. It was a faith in character that he didn’t often show to Callidora. Nekti walked up next to Choenyi, and he heard the pastel grey wolf say, "Look, I don't mean any harm . . . But maybe this whole argument can be sorted out over a snack? Just a little ways away is a carcass with some meat on it still. Thought I would offer . . . These are hard times." Nekti did something he rarely did, and butted in before Choenyi had said anything. Perhaps he wouldn’t have if it had been any other wolf. “We can hunt for ourselves, thank you,” said Nekti quietly, studying the lone wolf with a dead serious expression. He didn’t elaborate, and let Choenyi go ahead and say whatever she wanted to the wolf. He looked up as he heard Callidora approaching, and moved around so that he was flanking the pale grey lone wolf.

As the brown wolf approached, that youthful smarm that got under Nekti’s skin became immediately apparent. “I’ll be part of your clan now. You guys need me anyway.” Perhaps if youth - and this wolf in particular - were aware of how myopically self-absorbed they were, they would never think themselves clever enough to humiliate themselves in front of total strangers. It was a weak character trait, and if Nekti couldn’t say all that with words, well, his look probably did the trick. Nekti moved closer to the grey male as the brown began to circle, moving in front of him to block his way. “A very ill-conceived trick, if any,” Nekti said in response to Callidora. “Bravado and insults are more than typical ways to overcompensate for fear, so the brown one seems no great danger - I’d watch him all the same. The grey one seems more innocent. All the more reason to be wary of him. But we shouldn’t let them out of our sight, either of them. If it happens that they’re part of a larger pack hoping to distract us . . .” Nekti paused, glancing out in the general direction of where the others were. “Well, it would only make sense to warn them.” Normally howling would suffice - a howl indicating danger would put the rest of the pack on the alert. But a howl might also send the other pack, if there were any, rushing towards them to catch them by surprise. “I think, if we needed to, one of us could go find Yalina and Acesco. They’re not far, we know which way they went, and two wolves and the rest of the pack could easily look after these two.” Nekti made no mention whatsoever of Ophir or going to find him. He looked at the two strange wolves, readjusting himself so that they were surrounded by the three who were there. If possible, it would be good to have Yalina and Acesco as backup. And Ophir - well, if Ophir somehow did show up, Nekti had no assurance he wouldn’t make things worse just to get some attention.

The Last Remaining - Literate WolfDecember 26, 2021 01:47 AM

Red Moon

Lightbringer

Give Award

-Avis-
Mentions: Callidora, Choenyi, Nekti, Peony, etc... The whole 'clan'

Sure, it was reasonable to suspect a stranger who was offering up free food, but Avis was still a bit confused as to why none of them seemed to jump at the chance for it. By the looks of it, they were in desperate need of some nutrition. It looked as though the little group could use a good couple of bites, even if it was from a not-so-fresh carcass. His own belly had thankfully been filled to satisfaction, and he was sure that the rest could be shared enough to take the edge off of everyone. The grey canine tried to keep a friendly and calm demeanor. His hackles remained flat, tail low, and ears perked up straight and forward. One of the wolves has already politely declined his offer, but a couple more seemed to be approaching.

Who offers food for free? What sort of game are you playing at?

When a certain suspicious female crept over from a couple of paces away, he remained indifferent instead of cowering under her glare or breaking his calmness. When he was about to pipe in some kind of reply, he huffed a breath as she turned to the others, whom he had assumed she was familiar with, and asked if this was some trick. Anyone who knew Avis would know he was to be trusted. In fact, he was probably one of the most trustworthy wolves out there. But these wolves didn't know him, so it did not hurt his pride or feelings that these strangers were all suspicious of his offer.

It seemed like he could not even get a word in without interrupting someone, because a new male marched right behind the suspicious female, ordering Avis to give directions to the food source. The male was a little shorter than Avis, wearing an assortment of browns with an intense yellow gaze. The wolf was quite bold, definitely more straightforward than the rest of the wolves. Avis wasn't sure if the male was smarter or dumber for so easily trusting him. Had it been some other wolf with less pure intentions, the situation could have been much different. And now, with the swarm of all the wolves, Avis finally realized what he had gotten himself into. Beforehand, he had thought he would at least offer a nice snack to a couple of fellow wolves. But now, he realized it was some sort of... group of them. And they weren't going to just take his word for anything. These wolves were desperate for sure... But probably a bit too cautious and on the fence to be swayed too easily.

Ill be a part of your clan now. You guys need me anyway.

Avis watched as the confident wolf strode up to him, not bothering to keep a safe distance as he circled Avis, seeming to be making some sort of decision or perhaps examination. While any other haughty or egotistical male may have snapped or lashed out for such a thing, Avis stood still, merely moving his head to keep an eye on the wolf who surveyed him so blatantly. He was sure he could hold his own in a fight if one ensued, at least long enough to get free, wound the opponent, and get a head start on an escape. Hopefully, it didn't come to that, though.

But what he didn't expect was to be pushed at. Now Avis was laid back and relaxed in most situations... But he wasn't going to just be walked over and ordered around like a mindless mutt. Huffing, he dug his paws into the ground, standing rigidly as he puffed up his tail a little bit as a clear sign of annoyance. Words were tolerable, as the strong grey wolf shed them like water. But being pushed about was simply not going to do. Flattening his ears for a moment, he spoke "Look, I am just trying to help out. I'd love to guide anyone to the carcass, but bullying isn't going to get you anywhere with me."

After letting their eyes lock for another moment, he glanced at the rest of the wolves. The male had claimed the brown obnoxious one was no threat, while Avis himself was someone to keep an eye on. The grey wolf kept himself from rolling his eyes."It's no trick. And I am part of no pack. Don't you have a sniffer? Do you smell any company on me?". He paused, "I don't know how terrible your pasts or current lives are to the point when you cannot even trust that someone is decent enough to help out in hard times... But it would simply be your loss. If you change your mind, you can follow the scent trail. But don't let your pride or nervousness get in the way of an opportunity." His serious expression cracked as he adopted a small smile, "Besides, your little clan here could easily pummel me if I make a move, right? One against... three? Four? I don't know what I walked into, but I know where I am going." With that, he waved his tail and spun around, beginning to march back to the carcass. He paused after a couple steps, turning his head over his shoulder to call one last thing, "Oh, I am Avis, by the way." And then he continued striding away.

Forums > Roleplay > Literate
   1    2    3    4    5   ..   6 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us