Wolf Play : Whats up With Roleplays Lately?
Chatbox
11:44:05 01
is it just me or I retired to hero females one 15 the other 14 TvT
 Meliora Wolves
11:43:22 crow (he/they/zae)
funniest thing about owning a small dog (like jack russel/chihuahua mix small) is the fact that my fox tail keychain is almost as big as he is 😭😭
 Mercenary
11:42:58 
Is there like... "techniques" to exploring? I feel like I've missed a lot ;;
 silhouetteissleepy
11:42:38 Silhou
I'm finally going to be able to take my baby out for exploration :)
-WP Click-
 technoblade
11:41:47 Lil Techy | Techno
can't wait for spring to explore again
 Mercenary
11:40:26 
Thank you :D
 Salom_
11:38:46 Sal
Mercenary, itÂ’s so cute!!
 Moon Wander
11:38:33 
Kind of random but I must vent my excitement X) I cannot wait till midnight, I have 4 pups with maxed battle stats aging up at midnight, I've trained them all "year." Exploring is gonna be so much nicer.
 Solway Firth
11:35:22 totally not crow
mercenary
ooo i love it!
 Mercenary
11:31:37 
New avatar I'm quite pleased B)
 Salem
11:27:18 
looking for 1x1 rp partners, pm me
 Meliora Wolves
11:22:36 crow (he/they/zae)
oh what a coincidence!
 star shrine
11:22:23 star
perfect
thanks mer
 star shrine
11:22:00 star
sorry I mea like im tring to find something called "kieki" or something like that
 Meliora Wolves
11:21:34 crow (he/they/zae)
star
i personally use this one -Click- its a bit basic and doesn't have a lot of fancy brushes but once you get the hang of it its pretty easy to use
 Mercenary
11:21:24 
-WP Click-

Poll for the people ::)
 Destinations End
11:21:08 Toliska, Desti, Coy
@Starshine
I'm not really sure what you are asking..

There are many free drawing apps that you can download if that's what you mean
 star shrine
11:19:36 star
what website is ok to draw on?
 Ámor
11:14:33 Cloudz, Pumpkin
I'm just gonna go to bed and hope they're here by morning. I'm gonna wake up early and just see if I need to. I can contact coworker about going in early and I'll just text my parents that I'm at work.
 Destinations End
11:12:42 Toliska, Desti, Coy
@Cloudz
Oh. Never mind about that then

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Mamba : +4
Sun Bear : +2
Wolverine : -3
    Winter Month: 3   Night  Weather:  Blizzard  Moon: 
 Battle  Explore In: Now

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay
   1   ..    5    6    7    8 

Whats up With Roleplays Lately?June 23, 2024 04:41 PM

Red Moon

Lightbringer

Give Award
Small group RPs are fun when the dynamic just clicks.
Whats up With Roleplays Lately?July 7, 2024 03:21 PM

Salt Shaker

Neutral

Give Award
pretend i was an active participator in the discussions here and i didn't immediately forget this thread after making it
I do see how word counts can be a major hindrance, that's something me and my friends noted when we were trying to start roleplays here. people often didn't even bother trying to reach it. What i usually did was instead ask for a specific number of paragraphs, ex. two paragraphs per personality, because that seemed to put less pressure on people to reach a certain amount of words.
another issue I've noticed that steered me away from continuing to RP here is how cliquey sign-ups seem, oddly. i noticed roleplays of popular people would fill up very quickly with their friends, but if you weren't well-known, it was a struggle to get your RP off the ground no matter how much or how little you put into it. people don't seem to talk and plot in discussions as much as they did during the covid years, it seems like a lot of character plotting goes on in PMs and prevents other people from pitching in and really tying everyone together. overall i think people, myself included, would need to start branching out more and being more social in the rp scene. I've also noticed how if i send PMs to privately critique a signup, I'll get ghosted and ignored. the communication issues drove me up the wall with my last two RPs.
one more minor thing I've noticed is people are starting to use AI-generated plots so. there's a new repetitive thing occurring. they're typically always VS plots too, which i feel like have gotten pretty dull as of late.

Edited at July 7, 2024 03:22 PM by Salt Shaker
Whats up With Roleplays Lately?July 7, 2024 03:39 PM

Matunda

Darkseeker

Give Award

Salt Shaker said:
pretend i was an active participator in the discussions here and i didn't immediately forget this thread after making it
I do see how word counts can be a major hindrance, that's something me and my friends noted when we were trying to start roleplays here. people often didn't even bother trying to reach it. What i usually did was instead ask for a specific number of paragraphs, ex. two paragraphs per personality, because that seemed to put less pressure on people to reach a certain amount of words.
another issue I've noticed that steered me away from continuing to RP here is how cliquey sign-ups seem, oddly. i noticed roleplays of popular people would fill up very quickly with their friends, but if you weren't well-known, it was a struggle to get your RP off the ground no matter how much or how little you put into it. people don't seem to talk and plot in discussions as much as they did during the covid years, it seems like a lot of character plotting goes on in PMs and prevents other people from pitching in and really tying everyone together. overall i think people, myself included, would need to start branching out more and being more social in the rp scene. I've also noticed how if i send PMs to privately critique a signup, I'll get ghosted and ignored. the communication issues drove me up the wall with my last two RPs.
one more minor thing I've noticed is people are starting to use AI-generated plots so. there's a new repetitive thing occurring. they're typically always VS plots too, which i feel like have gotten pretty dull as of late.

I feel the exact same way. I love making RPs and I've always wanted to make them, but no one ever joins mine because I'm not a popular RPer. Communication is definitely very irritating too, since no one really bothers anymore and if you try, then everyone just ignores you unless you're a popular RPer.
I've never heard of AI generated plots though. I write all my RPs plots, with lots of pain, suffering, and editing, and writing, and then rereading it and feeling like it's cringy and redoing it and the cycle just repeats. When I finally post the RP, nobody really joins it.
Whats up With Roleplays Lately?July 7, 2024 08:38 PM

Freedom

Neutral

Give Award

I think a lot of people are afraid to try new roleplay hosts, and stick with the people they know best. I admit I've been guilty of this sometimes: it can be comforting to know you're going to be RPing with good writers and worldbuilders, but that's really not fair to people just getting into it, which is really what we need. I frankly often find that RP discussions are too fast-paced and kind of confusing for me to keep up with. I do agree that we really need to have stronger RP communities and build up excitement for RPs.

Whats up With Roleplays Lately?July 7, 2024 11:26 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award
I am definitely guilty of being cliquey and joining a roleplay for that reason although I would say that I'm not active enough on here to be part of the clique anymore.
I am also guilty of wanting higher word counts, but it bothers me less in group roleplays now that I think about it than 1x1s. With 1x1s I need average resposnes to be long enough for it to be an effort for me so I'm more thoughtful about the post.
Whats up With Roleplays Lately?July 8, 2024 01:47 PM

Salt Shaker

Neutral

Give Award

Matunda said:
I feel the exact same way. I love making RPs and I've always wanted to make them, but no one ever joins mine because I'm not a popular RPer. Communication is definitely very irritating too, since no one really bothers anymore and if you try, then everyone just ignores you unless you're a popular RPer.
I've never heard of AI generated plots though. I write all my RPs plots, with lots of pain, suffering, and editing, and writing, and then rereading it and feeling like it's cringy and redoing it and the cycle just repeats. When I finally post the RP, nobody really joins it.
You can identify an AI-generated plot by the overuse of the words "enigmatic", "formidable", "opulent", etc etc. I used to chalk it up to big vocabularies but eventually, I noticed how formulaic it sounded and how usually people with big vocabularies don't tend to use the same few large words over and over. speaking as someone who tries to write Like I'm Intelligent often. you'll also notice the plots are usually structured the same like an AI was filling in blanks. obviously plots typically follow a structure but it feels more rigid in these cases

Freedom said:

I think a lot of people are afraid to try new roleplay hosts, and stick with the people they know best. I admit I've been guilty of this sometimes: it can be comforting to know you're going to be RPing with good writers and worldbuilders, but that's really not fair to people just getting into it, which is really what we need. I frankly often find that RP discussions are too fast-paced and kind of confusing for me to keep up with. I do agree that we really need to have stronger RP communities and build up excitement for RPs.

Sir Froggington said:
I am definitely guilty of being cliquey and joining a roleplay for that reason although I would say that I'm not active enough on here to be part of the clique anymore.
I am also guilty of wanting higher word counts, but it bothers me less in group roleplays now that I think about it than 1x1s. With 1x1s I need average resposnes to be long enough for it to be an effort for me so I'm more thoughtful about the post.

I can definitely understand joining RPs that are run by familiar hosts, I am extremely guilty of that too. Lately I've been trying to branch out and just jump into whatever is in line with my current interests, regardless if I know anyone in the RP yet or not. I've found I was sooo much more outgoing in the Covid years than I am now 😭 trying to get back to that extroversion level but I'm struggling Thus Far
I'm also guilty of requiring higher word counts/paragraph amounts just because i tend to ramble A Lot and i want to ensure the people joining will be able to match that. but yeah, part of the issue definitely lies in a lot of the rp just not being welcoming to newcomers, be it word count or the comfort of familiarity. I'm not sure how to strike a sweet spot that would satisfy seasoned roleplayers and new ones, however
Whats up With Roleplays Lately?July 11, 2024 02:25 PM

Red Moon

Lightbringer

Give Award
Yeah I feel like the smaller, less known RP hosts do not get the same recognition or popularity as the big names. It can be irritating.
Whats up With Roleplays Lately?July 11, 2024 02:53 PM

Sir Froggington

Lightbringer

Give Award
I don't know if it's quite like that anymore. I'm not in the group roleplay scene much (now), but I feel like there tend to be so few roleplayers anymore that none of them get a lot of attention. But a lot of people have very specific things they go for topic wise which narrows which roleplays they'll join. I know I used to be open to anything when I first started out roleplaying but what I'm willing to do has narrowed a lot although I often say I'm open to stuff.

Edited at July 11, 2024 02:53 PM by Sir Froggington
Whats up With Roleplays Lately?July 11, 2024 04:11 PM

Red Moon

Lightbringer

Give Award
That could be true. I do also think the number of active RPers has gone down maybe. And some RPs are really niche ideas.
Whats up With Roleplays Lately?July 12, 2024 01:31 PM

Salt Shaker

Neutral

Give Award
yeah, roleplayer population does play a big role in it too. i don't think I've seen any sign up fill up, let alone start recently, but usually ones ran by more popular people have more of a fighting chance.
-
also, i'd like to mention more AI patterns I'm seeing since there is definitely an ai writing trend happening that not many people seem to notice. perhaps if we know what to look for it will encourage more creative plots again and people will stop posting ai generated plots so frequently on the forums.
-AI roleplay plots are typically only 2-4 paragraphs, but I mainly see 2. They don't tell a story the way a lot of roleplayer plots usually do and appear very formulaic. They give an overview of the plot but don't go in-depth the way a human would, they don't build up to the conflict nor try to leave you with any kicker statement to intrigue you. ex. a human plot usually establishes the world before what happened, explains what exactly happened, and then goes into what's happening now or drops the Cool closing statement. an AI will read more like a synopsis, like "this is the world, these are the people and their problem. how will they solve it?"
-Usually AI-generated plots will end in a question or several, though this happens often with human ones too, so I'd only look for this if the other suspicious bits are there
-as I had mentioned before, Enigmatic and Formidable are words AI is very fond of. Also, look out for statements such as "weaves a tapestry of," because that's a statement AI loves to use. i didn't notice this until a friend of mine who reviews essays often pointed it out to me
-AI plots are usually overthrowing plots or two groups being forced to work together despite their differences. sometimes a combination of both. there's a lot of "learning to work together" type subplots
-it will usually tell you things about the world but not show you. it will insist there's alluring intrigue but it won't show what that is, not usually beyond magic and the like. it should be mentioned that AI uses all the common RP tropes so fantasy is usually what it goes for, and that's also why the plots get so formulaic.
-beyond that i can't really explain it clearly, but if you scrutinize certain writing styles enough, you'll notice there's a formula there (that i can't explain clearly waa). I guess just be on the look out for plots by different people that are written in an eerily similar manner and see if you can sense where an AI was filling out a template. find odd repetitive patterns and look for big words that are repeated way too often throughout the work, because again, usually if someone has good diction they will never default to the same three big words.
unsure if others find this to be an issue but I Do because i Hate The Machine booo tomato tomato tomato

Forums > Roleplay
   1   ..    5    6    7    8 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us