Oooh what are you reading?
 Continental Wolves
11:36:30 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Vah
Im been too occupied by reading to do anything else e,e
 Pyr0M4ni@
11:36:23 Silver/Pyro/Luna
Bah
Any new art so I can have a before bed snack?
 Zeraphia
11:35:40 Vah was attacked
Emmet

Hehe WP

What a mood though. I've explored once today. Just once. .>.
 Zeraphia
11:35:06 Vah was attacked
Never

Not too bad! Spent like $45 on new pants and shirts but it was a steal! Thrift stores for the win.

Also... learning to play the organ. Because I can.
 Continental Wolves
11:34:50 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Vah
I actually havent bought anything with mush lately, I just havent been exploring and spend any mush on wolf party
 Nevermore.
11:34:20 Never/Nev
Vah!

How're you doing today?
 Zeraphia
11:33:24 Vah was attacked
Emmet

Oh dang. Whatever you bought must've been super worth it though
 Continental Wolves
11:32:56 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
I have a grand total of 99 mush to my name right now..
 CrypticHollow
11:31:47 
Apples: 0
Apples Saved: 9
Mushrooms: 113
Mushrooms Saved: 6,350
 Apothecary
11:30:52 Medicinally Autistic
Mushroom Hole: 101604 Mushrooms
 Boeing
11:29:32 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Cont
Agreed xD
Oup might need to dash for now
Until later ^^
 Continental Wolves
11:28:44 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Boe
Truest words ive ever read
 Boeing
11:26:46 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Cont
But a burrito can't have enough cheese in it, am I right?
 Continental Wolves
11:24:33 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Boe
Duh, theres no such thing as a good burrito if it doesnt have cheese in it
 Transcendence
11:24:25 free palestine
Muttmart's art actually got featured un HEEs news page twice 😭👍

I think the double feature is still a bug but awesome featuree
 ~♥Nux♥~
11:23:46 Chat's snack
Spoops

I have acquired a migraine
 Boeing
11:23:02 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Cont
Congrats a burrito lol
Does it have cheese in it?

also gonna quietly drop a little poll I was curious about in-
-WP Click-
 Dragons Blood
11:22:04 Yong-sun (he/him)
katy

ohh that's pretty and cool looking

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Komodo Dragon : +1
Jackal : -3
Black Bear : -4
    Fall   Night  Weather:  Clear  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Semi-Literate

Knights and Thieves | The Heist | ThreadAugust 8, 2024 06:55 AM

Urux

Darkseeker

Give Award

-ˏˋ⋆ ᴡ ᴇ ʟ ᴄ ᴏ ᴍ ᴇ ⋆ˊˎ-

Knights and Thieves - The Heist

Current Players:

Tansy & Tyrrendorthe & Sorren | Nolian | Oleander | Anubis | Xuejiao & Maximillian |

Urux | Zeraphia | Honey | Matunda | Spellbound |

Let the adventure begin...

The Meeting

A strong wind buffeted against the harsh mountains of Antifell, the sound of the rushing air reverberated around the valley below. A winding, twisting dirt path ambled its way up the side of the peaks, edged by lush grass and plant life, bursting with vibrance and colourful flowers. The sun had yet beat down, glaring into the eyes of the creatures below, but from the smell in the air, a brisk spring day was blessed upon the world that morning. The warmer air brought a relief from the cold nights of winter, coaxing the life out of the earth and bringing it to its full bloom. Across the mountains, small animal scurried around hurridly collecting the new bounty of food, gorging themselves after a harsh winter as dawn approached. The sky was painted a wonderous combination of pinks, oranged and deep blues, whirling together like a trance as the stars twinkled faintly, beginning to fade back until their time came again.

Upon the highest point of the Antifell Peaks stood a man. His body shrouded in a dark blue robe, lifted up over his head to conceal his features. His back faced a small clearing where the dirt had been worn down by generations of feet. Smooth stones ringed around the clearing, creating a border, each one engraved with a rune unique to the those around it. They glowed a gentle pale blue, pulsing like a heart beat. On the man's waist was a series of chains and belts, adorned with keys and trinkets that clinked with the wind that rustled through them.

On the trail below, small dots were spaced out, slowly making their way to the peak. It seemed none of them had yet to pair up and take on the hike together, an interesting choice. The robed man watched from his enchanted circle as they drew ever closer, dawn was almost upon them and not a single person had reached their meeting place. The man shook his head, flicking his wrist, sending a flutter through his robes, he brought his eyes up to the fading night sky and waited. He would wait until they all reached their destined spot beside each other.

~ ~ ~

Once the members of his new group had gathered in the clearing, the runes encircling them began to pulse quicker, urgent in their silence. The wind jolted through the man's robes, swishing them to the side, yet his hood never moved to reveal his face, even as he finally turned. In a fluid motion, as if he were hovering above the ground, he turned to face his victims. His face obscured by shadows, unnatural shadows, coaxing the curious closer into its deadly embrace. From within the darkness, a voice emitted.

"Welcome." The man's voice was low, resounding and echoed around the air despite the lack of walls to bounce back from. A sense of grandeur and importance flavoured his voice as he continued. "Welcome all of you." The sun began to rise to its full shape behind him, glaring flares as the daybreak rose. "I am pleased to see that all of you heeded my words and indeed came to meet me. I will gift you the power and wealth you are so desperate for in return for one thing." He turned his head slowly, as though he were assessing each member of this group, tallying up their forms in a book inside his head.

"In the city of Kreah there is a man, he runs the shadows of that city. He holds what I want in his grasp. He uses it to keep control over the shadows of Kreah and hold his group high in society. I will bestow upon you all what you desire if you bring me this." His voice rose in its grandeous vigor, his arms lifted up, his palms out-turned to face his deliverers. Yes, they will suffice. They will bring him what he rightly owns. Finally, returned to their master after all these years. Beneath his hood, a smile cracked across his face.

"He hid my prize from me," He gestured towards himself with his outstreched hands. "After they stole from me, long ago." He dropped his voice, somberness filling it, seeping out of his words. "Return it to me and I will bestow upon you what was promised." The man dipped his head, bringhing his hands to his chest once more, he turned back to look out across the peaks again. The sun illuminating the edges of his robes with its bright rays.

Edited at August 24, 2024 06:07 AM by Urux
Knights and Thieves | The Heist | ThreadAugust 11, 2024 04:14 AM

Urux

Darkseeker

Give Award

Tansy & Sorren & Tyrrendorthe | Mentions all characters, more directly Max, Nolian, Anubis and Xuejiao

It had been a week since she received that letter, since that man's voice had lilted through her ears as she stood outside of her tent at day break. Now she was almost there, so close. The air was cool when she began her journey that morning, Daya was not pleased to be starting so early, but they had to leave to arrive before dawn. That letter had addressed more than just her, she was weary of who might arrive, but how bad could they be?

When they reached the Antifell mountains, the sun had just begun to tinge the night sky with an orange hue. Tansy was wearing her thicker skirt, forcing her to sit awkwardly in the saddle, but the other option was losing feeling in her toes after hours of riding. Daya gave a huff as they began to ascent up the highest peak.

It took another half hour before she reached that dirt circle, until she saw that man. Dismouting outside of the clearing, Tansy flicked Daya's reins over a branch of a nearby fallen tree, giving her horse and gentle stroke along his neck. He nudged his head towards his human, poking her shoulder with his nose before dipping his head down to the ground to pick at the grass by his hooves.

Tansy turned and walked towards the clearing, no one else was here yet, the sun had not yet broken the horizon yet. When the man did not turn to face her, she simply took up post within the circle, watching the sun as it slowly rose higher into the sky

~ ~ ~

Sorren was running late. Nothing new for him. The sun had began to break over the mountains by the time he arrived at the base of the highest peak. Good Gods, who would plan a meeting at the crack of dawn and on top of a mountain. Sorren's long legs carried him quickly up the twirling path as he jogged, rising his breathing up to a gasp by the time he skidded to a halt at the top. In front of him were...well, some interesting creatures. Was that...a giant reptile? Sorren cocked his head as he looked at the black reptilian. Interesting, he supposed.

Most of these people looked normal enough, he was certainly the most obscure. Well, apart from that reptile. His eyes caught in the breaking dawn, shining out a bright glare as he looked to the only person not in the circle and the only one likely not looking in his direction. Upon realising he probably looked like a heaving mess, he straightened his spine like someone had shoved a steel rod down the bones. His eyes widening slightly and his lips pressed together. He cleared his throat, raising his clawed hands to brush down the front of his corseted vest, resting them on his waist for a moment, the corset pinched it in thinly.

"Right, uhm yes." His voice lowered. Sorren quickly took a few large steps forwards to the circle where the other's had already settled themselves in, his tail swished behind him, the fur flicking with the movement. Did that man have wings? He shook his head away quickly, not trying to stare. As he stood with his straight back, his tail continued to sway and curl behind him, unable to keep it still. His eyes settled on the smaller humanoid opposite him in the circle. His jaw clenched slightly as he observed the long-haired man, the sun crashed terribly with the inky black hair. His head snapped to the side as the robed man began to talk.

~ ~ ~

When the purple demon breached the rise to the clearing, Tansy jumped. His abrupt arrival surprising her, the sudden sound of feet skidding as he stumbled towards them broke through the awkward silence. She had watched and politely greeted each person as they arrived, noting that they were mostly men. The reptile that had arrived seemed to be a woman, although she wasn't entirely sure if she was being honest. But she liked that woman, she seemed nice. As the purple man took his place in the circle, she dipped her head in a greeting just before the robed man turned to face them. It was the first time she had seen him move, the entire time she was waiting she wasn't even sure if he was breathing.

As the robed man's voice bounced around the gathered circle, Tansy tensed her shoulders, his voice commanded a certain silence, as though everyone must listen to him. She even heard Daya make a small scuffle with his hooves at the sound of his voice.

Kreah...she had heard of the kingdom but had never visited. Perhaps this would at least be an opportunity to learn more of the world, even if they couldn't retrieve what this man wanted. Though, she would try as best she could to get this item if it meant reclaiming her title. Her face hardened slightly at the thought, her brows lowering as she took in the rest of the details.

When the man turned, she looked back to the rest of the group. Unsure of what to say, she lifted her hands to her chest and clasped them together softly, waiting for someone to say something.

~ ~ ~

Sorren's pupils blew wide as the man began to speak, the cat like slits dialating to take up almost his entire eye. Kreah, yes, he had ventured in Kreah. Perhaps a little too much, he tapped a clawed finger on his forearm. Hopefully all those people had moved on. His lips pursed, the pointed dual canines on one side of his mouth exposing themselves. He had two pointed canines on his upper arcade on each side of his mouth, as for the lower jaw, they sported a matching singular point on each side. He doubted they had moved on and that would be something very difficult to explain if he ran into them again.

When the man had finished and turned back towards the sun as it rose to its full potential in the sky, Sorren looked back to the circle. Looking once again at the man directly across from him, his pupils quickly returning to a slit. Briefly the woman beside him caught his attention in her pink clothing as she made the first movement of lifting her hands to her chest. Well, this is certainly awkward. His tail snapped, the fluff on the tip kicking up a small cloud of dirt from the clearing.

"I'm," His voice waivered, and his eyes crinkled in a hint of embarressment, "I'm Sorren, I assume we should introduce ourselves if we are going to be on this retrieval together." He attempted to break the ice, but the alleviation of his awkward silence relied on these people's replies. His tail continued its swaying behind him as he waited, lips curled into a vague smile as he waited for someone to help him with this painful situation.

Thinking for a moment, he looked back to where the robed man was for a second. He never said what this prize was, or the mans name, or where to... The man was gone now, not a sound was made. Where did he go? Sorren's smile dropped and his tail halted sharply, looking around for where this man had gone as the others began to talk.

~ ~ ~

Above the group of eight, a small dark shadow circled above them, his wings still, gliding in the breeze. His pale scales glinting golden in the morning sunlight. He had been hovering above the Antifell peaks since the night before. Tyrrendorthe had wanted to see when this mysterious man arrived at the mountains that dawn. He had been contacted, one of the younger dragons in his horde had come into contact with the man and he had requested Tyrrendorthe by name. The older male was stunned to learn a human knew his name, he had not interacted with humans since his youth. Since his last and only rider had...The brute shook his head at the memory, angling his gaze down to the ground again.

The beast started, his tail flicking, making him jerk in his flight. The man was gone, where was he. Tyrrendorthe dipped a few feet lower. No he was gone. The male let out a gutteral snarl of irritation. This man was a pain in his tail.

Then his attention was drawn above him, a flicker in the light. He snapped his body to the side, wings giving one strong thrust. There was another one of his kind above him and he had no idea until that moment. He needed on pay more attention.

Edited at August 11, 2024 11:19 PM by Urux
Knights and Thieves | The Heist | ThreadAugust 11, 2024 10:00 PM

Zeraphia

Lightbringer

Give Award

// Nolian Terrence // 22 // Male // Winged Shifter // M: Sorren, Others //

With the wind howling over head, through his hair and such, Nolian was forced to take the scenic route. Flying in wind like this would be a resounding 'absolutely not' moment. Absolutely not. At the moment, he didn't even have his wings out since they would catch too much of the wind. It was a long trudging walk up the side of the mountain. The flowers were nice though and he did pick a couple to enjoy along the way, weaving them into a small daisy-chain. It was definitely not the most terrifying thing he could have ever done. But he was distracted by the chain that he placed around his neck rather than the climb or the wind or ...

Or the mysterious figure.

Nolian paused as he reached the top of the peak. The dark robed figure was ominous at best. At best. Yeah, that was a good way to put it.

The runes in the stones were worrying to Nolian at first but he ignored it for the time being. This guy had found him, in his middle-of-nowhere state and said he would be helpful. He just had to believe him.

Nolian's faded blue eyes regarded the man for a silent minute as he began his monologue. Kreah?

Kreah was extremely far away from his home. If not a place he had traveled to at all. Not that he could remember at least. His eyes turned back to the group briefly, gauging their reactions.

Sorrel, as he introduced himself, seemed nice enough. But the being looked back to the robed figure and Nolian followed his gaze as well. The astute lack of robed man was less than enjoyable. Nolian had questions! What had he stolen? What was he supposed to look for? Was it an item? A being? A relic--or a magic phrase?!

What... how? How were they supposed to get something they didn't even know anything about. He stifled his emotions and shook his head. He'd piece through that mess later. Right now, he... he was going to just move on.

Nolian nodded slowly with that thought and finally allowed his wings to unfurl from their unseen resting position. The feathers rippled in the wind, creating a barrier but a sail at the same time. Nolian put a lot of weight in leaning back and into the wind to keep himself upright.

"Well, that was enlightening," he chuckled and shook his head. "I'm Nolian. Pleasure to meet you all," he tipped his head with a warmer smile. "Maybe we can head down where it's less windy and loud?"

Knights and Thieves | The Heist | ThreadAugust 14, 2024 12:44 PM

Honey

Darkseeker

Give Award
Oleander Scarduzio | 26 | Male | Half-elf | M: Sorren, Nolian, others (ind.)

Oleander struggled up the path, the wind buffeting his clothing and throwing him off balance. He had finally reached the steepest part of the Antifell Mountains, and the path that would lead him to the meeting place sprawled out before him. He inhaled deeply against the howling wind and pushed on.

The wax-sealed letter rested safely in the pocket of his trousers. Oleander had read it enough times to nearly memorize its contents; journey to the Antifell Peaks and be granted wealth and power beyond his wildest dreams. Whoever had sent the letter must have known about his parents, then. He should have been concerned, wondered who was spying on him to know such personal information, but the writer of the letter had chosen the right man, because he was overcome with exhilaration instead, for the promises of riches and power. He had lied to his superior guards back at the palace, telling them that there was an emergency in his family and he must journey home for a period of time. Little did they know that he was crawling up the side of a mountain instead.

Oleander resisted to urge to throw himself onto the ground once he reached the peak of the mountain. His legs and abdomen ached from his long climb, and the wind felt strong enough to toss him off of the side of the peak any second now.

Ahead, he could see the outlines of several people at the center of the peak. They surrounded a man in flowing robes, who was gesticulating grandly with his hands as he spoke. Oleander approached the scene cautiously, not sure what he had gotten himself into.

He took his place beside those who had already gathered; two men and a woman. A shadow passed overhead, and Oleander peered into the sky. A dragon, he realized suddenly, staring intently at the small purple figure swooping and twirling far above their heads. He'd never seen a dragon in person before, but this one seemed nothing like the legends of the great wyrms he'd grown up hearing. It was tiny, for one, and its scales were a brilliant purple rather than a terrible red or black.

The robed man began to speak again, and Oleander forced himself to tear his attention away from the tiny dragon. He spoke of Kreah; Oleander had heard of the kingdom, given its shaky relations with his own. Kreah was known for his shady underbelly and rampant crime, and it didn't surprise Oleander to hear that there was some form of dark magic involved.

The hooded man, evidently having finished his speech, turned to gaze placidly out over the mountain range. Oleander desperately wanted to ask the many questions floating around his skull, but he was a bit frightened of what this man could do if his peace was interrupted. Instead, he satisfied himself by turning to the others gathered around him.

"So. Kreah. Anyone been there before?" Kreah was not off-limits to the citizens of their kingdom, but it was generally frowned upon to visit. Most people believed that you only visited Kreah to deal in their underbelly of crime.

There was a sudden rustling sound, and Oleander jumped as the man next to him unfurled a pair of giant, bird-like wings from his shoulderblades. He couldn't help but stare; he had heard tales of winged men and women, but had never had the pleasure of seeing one in person.

The other man introduced himself, though the lone woman remained quiet. Oleander spoke up after a few moments of awkward silence. "I'm Oleander," he offered. "I guess we're off to steal some treasure together."

He nodded at the winged man by his side. "I agree, though, we should return to the base of the mountain. Not all of us have wings to save us if the wind sweeps us off the mountain."
Knights and Thieves | The Heist | ThreadAugust 30, 2024 04:57 AM

Urux

Darkseeker

Give Award

Sorren Warwick | Mentions: Oleander and Nolian

Sorren spun on the spot for a moment, rapidly looking around to try and locate the strange man but he was indeed gone. Where he didn’t know, their group blocked the path down and the only other direction was off the cliff. His attention was only brought back to the group by the sound of something blocking the flow of the wing. The tall man turned back to the group and raised an eyebrow at the sudden appearance of wings, perhaps Sorren wasn’t alone in his odd traits. That being said, wings are a lot cooler than just being tall and purple.

“It is terribly loud up here, we should head down.” He nodded his head in agreement, tail forced still in the battering wind. He glanced at the others before he took a small step forwards. “Pleasure to meet all of you, I’m sure we can talk more once we are off this damn cliff.” His eyes scanned over Oleander first, noting he looked relatively normal in this group, standing rigid beside Sorren as he spoke. This winged Nolian was definitely interesting, his large wings encapsuling the man in a cocoon of quiet air while the rest of the got battered around.

"I suppose we are to just walk back down." Sorren’s lips cracked into a crooked grin, hands turning palms out to the group as he began to pad out of the clearing, towards the path he had taken up.

As his foot landed outside of the circular stones, he let out a painful hiss and leapt forward, only to let out another sound. This one animalistic, his pupils slotted down into thin strips as he glowered at the ground, lip curled slightly. As he left the clearing, the stones flashed brighter for the briefest moment and one went out completely. Something had bit him. Bit him? Stung him? He didn’t know. He looked around on the floor in a quick spin, tail lashing angrily behind him. There was nothing there. He huffed out a lung-full of air in frustration. Unseen to him, on his ankles were burns into his purple skin. If one were to look close enough, the rune would match one of the eight stones that were glowing around the clearing.

“I-I don’t know what that was.” Sorren lifted his head to look at the group, his eyes returning to their normal state now that he knew something wasn’t trying to actively kill him. “Maybe don’t walk out in that bit.” He pointed to the spot he had just walked over. Maybe he was simply oblivious to what it was, either way the pain had stopped, strange but he had larger concerns at the moment.

Edited at August 30, 2024 05:02 AM by Urux
Knights and Thieves | The Heist | ThreadAugust 30, 2024 05:15 AM

Urux

Darkseeker

Give Award

Tansy Hawkhall | Mentions: Entire group

The woman’s eyes widened as the man beside her sprouted wings from what seemed to be thin air, her head swivelled to get a better look. They were certainly something to behold, the soft feathers ruffling slightly in the high winds. Her adoring eyes were only drawn away by the sound of Sorren scrambling on the spot, to which she followed his line of sight to see that their summoner had departed. Her heart stuttered for a moment, she had expected more information not simply a city name and a vague description of a man. Surely this could have been made less cryptic.

As the men spoke, she piped in softly. “My name is Tansy, that is Daya.” She gestured gently towards her horse who stood just outside the clearing, happily munching away on the pasture at his feet, tail flicking absently. Her dress was billowing in the wing, the frills catching on her jewellery as she stood there, waiting for a decision to be made. Short as it was, they were to make their way back down the mountain.

Her eyes carried to Daya, perhaps she could offer the others a ride on him if they had travelled so far recently. As she was pondering offering Oleander the opportunity, she almost jumped out of her skin as Sorren leapt into the air in pain. Tansy’s eyes shot open wide, her shoulder hiking up towards her ears, panic rising. What had happened? Had someone shot an arrow at him? Whatever it was had Sorren snarling on the spot.

Her eyes danced over his form, trying to see any blood or other evidence of injury, but there was none. Her feet carried her forwards from her spot on instinct to see if the man was okay. Sorren was talking, but his smile was slowly returning. It couldn’t have been that bad, perhaps a thorn?

“Are you okay? Did you stand on some-” Tansy stepped over the boundary line of the clearing, her words cut off into a sharp yelp as she staggered forwards in pain. She had walked over the border to the right of where Sorren had, there was nothing on the floor where she had walked. Yet her body shot out in pain and doubled over for a moment, she felt a large hand on her shoulder, steadying her. Then as quickly as it had come, it was gone again.

The woman straightened her spine and looked around in shock, face paled and eyes wide. “What was that?” She squeaked, looking around on the floor again in befuddlement. Tansy’s eyes scanned around quickly as Sorren’s hand left her shoulder, he was looking at her with concern but did not speak. That was when her eyes met the two unlit stones around the boundary of the clearing.

Tansy stared at them. There were two, the two that Sorren and Tansy had been closest to whilst the robed man had given his speech. Slowly, she looked to her arms, trying to see if there was any change to her skin, but it was clear. Her brows furrowed, it was magic but why runes and why the pain and why had they stopped glowing.

Forums > Roleplay > Semi-Literate

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us