Wolf Play : ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)
Chatbox
 Sassy Otaku
04:44:30 Chuuya/Ruggie
Nothing good from wolf party, sadly
 Zeraphia
04:44:00 Vah stalks forums
ET

Oooh nice nice!!
 Eternity
04:42:36 ET
whoop whoop, hopefully I'll finish in a strong second place for pup wrestling this FMC :D
 Crypto Currency
04:38:09 Ash (busy)
ignore my spelling. didn't*
 Crypto Currency
04:37:56 Ash (busy)
Eevee, oh yeah I remember those. I didn't;t like mine very much
 Hallow's Eve
04:36:58 Hallow, Eve
Crypto

In a way. I am the RA, or the Residential Advisor. So i enforce the rules as well as develop the community and build relationships with all of the kids
 Crypto Currency
04:35:59 Ash (busy)
Eevee, noo, not the college kids :o
Those are the worst.
Are you like, the house parent?
 Zeraphia
04:35:31 Vah stalks forums
Sassy

Oooh can't hurt to do it now
 Sassy Otaku
04:34:37 Chuuya/Ruggie
Do I use these 10 tokens now? Or later?
 Kingwolf
04:33:34 King
Teen wolf rp anyone? Pm me, please be able to play male (Scott/stiles xmalia)
 Falling Timber
04:33:32 
mitzy
depending on how much you sell her for not, I'll buy her
 The Wolves Of Time
04:32:27 Toaster, Thyme
so was anyone gonna tell me there are fertility figs in the falls or did I have to look and find out myself
 mitzy
04:31:40 bunnie|bat
-WP Click- not sure whether to keep or retire/sell.
 Hallow's Eve
04:31:34 Hallow, Eve
Crypto

Basically I take care of college kids lol. We were having a ton of issues with laundry and when my boss asked me to put my foot down, I told the kids we had to have a meeting and someone did not like that and voiced it. When they voiced it, like- 3-5 of them jumped to my defense and I had to de-escalate the situation. I appreciated the support but know I have to set so many new rules T^T
 Sassy Otaku
04:30:50 Chuuya/Ruggie
The quest stuff gets buried automatically!
 Crypto Currency
04:29:50 Ash (busy)
Vah, good idea
 Crypto Currency
04:29:38 Ash (busy)
Eevee, not fighting >:o
what were they fighting over this time lmao

Katty, Yeah. Maybe "no more boarding" or something haha. I will let you know :)
 Zeraphia
04:29:36 Vah stalks forums
Definitely.

And definitely let them know what you're planning on doing with the wolves.
 ScardeyKat
04:29:20 Kat ?
Anyways I gotta poof, see y'all later
 ScardeyKat
04:28:33 Kat ?
Crypto
Dang. Well don't be afraid to set boundaries for yourself as well. Let me know if they ever respond lol (you don't have to)

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Ermine : -2
Brown Bear : +2
Grizzly Bear : +4
    Winter   Day  Weather:  Sunny

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1   ..    2    3    4    5    6    7 

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 15, 2024 12:32 PM

ANTIDOTE

Neutral

Give Award

Cael trusted Pritchard’s words that she would be safe, he had yet to lie to her yet. She just hoped nothing would happen to reveal her true self, or to come upon someone who somehow noticed her. She stayed by Pritchard’s side, her nerves still on high alert. She gained many a look but no one made a move seeing the man who towered by her side, her watchdog in a way. Her nerves started to fade the longer they were in town, Pritchard explaining items she had never seen before. She was fascinated by it all, the goods, the people, especially the music that played from the towns center by drunken men.

Pritchard led her to a stand full of jewlery, kindly telling her to take whatever she wanted. She looked up to him, quite a shocked expression on her features, “Really?” She asked. When she got her confirmation she smiled, looking to the necklaces and bracelets that littered the table. She chose a few gold ones, some encrusted with red and blue gems that glittered in the sunlight. The merchant was kind enough to help her put them on, the jewlery glistening against her skin.

She was having so much fun, maybe the human world was not so bad. Everyone here seemed quite happy, laughs filling the air of crowds, most everyone holding a smile. It felt as if she was locked in a trance, her curiosity taking over her mind as she wandered. She had not much noticed Pritchard was not by her side, her mind was too occupied. The merchant asked if she needed any help, in which Cael froze for a moment, still wary of others. “Im okay” She said, giving a small smile as she walked around. She was not use to the humans way of selling and purchasing, for her the world was trading, there was no currency.

Cael found a deep blue, white and black dress she loved, the style brought light to her eyes as she held the dress up. She slipped a bracelet off and set it down before taking the dress, she was clueless, thinking she could just trade an item as her people did. She smiled brightly as she walked outside, holding the fabric in her hands, all was well that day. That was until she heard yelling behind her.

“Theif!” The man yelled, pointing towards the bright blond. She froze, her eyes wide. “I….I” was all she could say, her steps picking up quick. She did not know what she had done, she thought it was fair. She began to panic, turning as she bolted down the streets, her heart racing. Where was Pritchard? She was just now realizing he was gone. Her face contorted to fear as she heard the echoing the the mans voice following her, chasing her through the streets.

As she quickly ran, she bumped into people, trying to push her way through the crowds. She could hear her name ahead, it was Pritchard. She ran harder, following his voice, gaining distance on the merchant. Soon her feet could not stop her fast enough, her body slammed into Pritchard, looking up to him for help. The man still followed, stopping as he reached the two. “Are you accompanying this thief?” He questioned, his voice harsh. “She stole that dress, left this stupid trinket” He said, tossing the golden bracelet to their feet. “You should know to watch your whores” He spat, his eyes deadly on the woman who stood by his side.

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 15, 2024 01:05 PM

Caribou Creek

Neutral

Give Award

"Caeliana!" He shouted again, this time his tone a little more desperate than before. He swallowed back his nerves, trying not to panic. He heard footsteps rapidly approaching from his left side, and he'd barely turned to face them before weight of a body crashed into his slender form. He stumbled back a bit, his arms automatically reaching out to grab the person who'd knocked into him. He looked down, and to his relief, he recognized it to be Cael. He didn't have time to speak before an angry store owner had reached them, spitting out his words and tossing her bracelet at his feet.

It didn't take long for Pritchard to understand what had happened, and amusement bubbled within his chest. He bent down, his fingers grabbing her bracelet and slipping it back on her wrist, his touch gentle and his demeanor calm. He kept one arm draped over Cael's shoulders, a small and simple gesture, but one that spoke volumes. He would protect her. His fiery eyes drifted back to the angry merchant, a smirk playing at his lips. "And you should know who you're talking to, mate." He retorted simply, his smirk turning into one of a grin. Sunlight bounced off the rings that adorned his fingers and the jewelry that dangled from his neck and ears. "In any other circumstance I'd ask you to name the price of the dress she holds, but perhaps I'm not inclined to feel so generous today." He went on. "Now maybe if you would've treated her with some ounce of dignity and respect it'd be a different story, but I must inform you of your bigotry, for she's a lady, not a whore." With a confident yet calm movement, Pritchard unsheathed a dagger, the metal singing softly as he pulled it from his waist.

"Now as long as you're standing here, pay attention," He kept the blade close to himself, but pointed casually towards the merchant. His eyes glittered dangerously, never once leaving the other man. "The lady'll be getting what she wants today, and if you're intent on receiving some kind of payment you can take it up with myself and the rest of my crew, there's plenty of room aboard the Black Dahlia. Although I must say it's likely you'll be treated with the same sort of dignity you've given to her, do I make myself clear?" His expression was playful, but there was a lilt to his tone that was sure to send shivers down anyone's spine who had the misfortune of being on the recieving end.

He slipped his arm off of Cael, stepping more in front of her and placing himself closer to the merchant. "Don't let me see your face again."

He sheathed his blade, turning and gently pushing Cael along, picking up his pace. "Come on," He said, a sense of thrill running down his spine. "We'll lose him in the crowds just in case he goes to get lawmen." He pushed her along, and the further they distanced from the store the more he began to chuckle. "You know you make a pretty good pirate," He teased her, a grin on his face. "Stealing a dress your first time in town? What a way to make a name for yourself!"

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 15, 2024 02:17 PM

ANTIDOTE

Neutral

Give Award

Caeliana’s heart pounded through her chest, and if it were not for her bones and skin, you would be able to see it. She tried to catch her shaky breath, breathing through her nose and out through her mouth. Her body trembled softly under his arm, her eyes looking to him as he stood up for her, he was protecting her, why?

She watched as he pulled the dagger from his waist, threatening the man before them who’s face swapped from anger to fear. He knew of Pritchard and his men once he explained, he knew of his and his crews' doings. The metal sang as it was released from its hold, shining against the sunlight as he moved it around. “I…..I’m sorry, she can have what she pleases” he said, throwing his hands up, pleading to the pirate.

Cael was still stuck beside Pritchard, staying silent as she watched, the look of people staring made her feel small, weak. Though as Pritchard looked around with those fiery eyes, others turned away. They did not want to deal with the wrath of Blackmane. She was lost in her mind when she felt his hand place itself on the small of her back, a tingle running up her spine. She pulled her attention back, looking at him as he motioned to go.

“I…. I’m sorry” she said, her eyes locked on the world before them as he guided her through the streets. She did not see this as a joke at first until he mentioned her being a great pirate. A small smile appeared on her lips, “I didn’t know these people don’t trade” she said, “that is how we do it” she added.

As they moved from the larger crowds she began to calm, chuckling softly as she looked back at Pritchard. “The look on your face was priceless though” she teased.The look of shock took away his stern expression. "These humans are quite curious creatures tho. All these goods and they would rather sell than trade for more useful items? It makes no sense" she added.

The sunlight glistened off her hair and body, the jewelry as well as they walked side by side, no one seeming to get in their way anymore. "Though the goods are much nicer" she said as she looked at the dress. She had never wore one, she had only dreamed of it, she had heard stories of royalty wearing gorgeous gowns. Her smile widened as her fingers traced the lacing of it.

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 15, 2024 03:39 PM

Caribou Creek

Neutral

Give Award

He kept a hand gently on her back as he led her through the crowds, not wanting to lose sight of her again. "Don't apologize," He said, chuckling lightly. "We're pirates. Take what you can and give nothin' back." He listened to her explain how she'd come to steal it, slowing their pace to a more casual walk. "Some people trade for items," He explained softly. "But most sell for currency. Coins or dollars that help buy other things such as property or food for their families. A much different world than where you come from, I'm sure."

He grinned at her comment on his expression. "Well I can say I was certainly a little more than surprised and worried when I turned around to find you gone." He said, a slightly serious lilt to his tone, as if he wanted her to know that he had been genuinely worried for her. "But sometimes I can't help but laugh when I see an angry man all puffed up about a dress, especially one in the hands of a maiden like yourself." He flashed her a wink, a charming expression glinting in his eyes. "He'll survive without it. Besides, it's not like you didn't offer him anything in return for it. He's the one who chose to throw it back at you."

He watched as she held up the dress, admiring it. He was completely unaware that he looked at her in the same manner she looked at the dress, his amber eyes glittering with admiration and a soft smile lining his lips. He came to a stop once the larger crowds were behind them, letting her look at it as long as she wanted without fear of bumping into anyone. "It will look just as magnificent on you as it does now, if not more." He encouraged softly. "We'll try it on tonight when back on the ship, if you'd like. I have a gift to give you as well, so perhaps we can knock out two things at once."

Pritchard trusted that the crew had gotten most of--if not all--the supplies to restock the ship, so he wasn't worried much about doing so. It had been a couple hours since being in town, and it was nearing time for dinner. He walked with her to several other places, letting her wander around and look at things and ask questions. At some point during their walks, he offered to take the dress from her to hold it for her so she could move more freely without the heat and weight of the extra fabric.

He looked up, judging the placement of the sun, and glanced towards her. "Hey Cael," He said softly, grabbing her attention. "What do you say we head back to the ship? We can try the dress on and come back for dinner. I know a good place to catch a nice meal before we head back out."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Pritchard walked quietly up the stairs to the captain's cabin, opening the door and letting her inside first before stepping in after her. The door closed gently behind him, his bootsteps echoing quietly against the floor as he walked across the room. He set the dress down onto the bed before walking around the room, lighting the lanterns and candles to prepare for their later return once darkness fell. "You can try it on," He told her kindly, his back to her as he walked over to his desk, removing his satchel and setting down. He occupied himself with sorting through the items he'd bought, hearing the soft rustle of fabric as she changed behind him. At one point he turned, glancing her way to see that she'd been quietly struggling.

The dress was on, but looked a bit crooked and was loose around her shoulders, the back completely open. A brief but amused smile lined his lips as he approached her. "May I?" He asked after a moment, gesturing lightly towards the gown. His fingers lightly danced along the fabric, his warm eyes focused on the lace and trim and how it was supposed to situate against a woman's body. His touch was light and gentle, oddly expertised around the ways of a dress.

"Alright, almost there." He crooned, slipping behind her. He was quiet as he laced up the back, his hands moving her hair aside as he'd done a few nights before while applying salve to her burn. He lightly tugged on the ribbons, pulling the corset area a little tighter to hold her body properly. "There," He said, circling back around to her front. His eyes traced over her, checking for any imperfections he may have missed. "Now don't you look stunning?" He said to her, a charming and teasing lilt to his words.

He moved breezily to his desk, pulling the brush he'd gotten out from his satchel. "Come here," He told her softly, pulling out the chair to his desk and motioning for her to sit. "We'll get some of those tangles out, make you look proper, yeah?" His touch stayed gentle as he ran the brush through her golden waves, each stroke pulling out any debris and tangles that had accumulated over the past few days. When he was done, he let her hair fall over her shoulders, extending a hand to help her up. "This is yours to use," He said, setting the brush down upon his desk. "You just hold the handle and move it through like I did. It helps your hair to look shiny." He flashed her a wink before gently leading her over to one of the corners.

The young captain moved aside a couple of boxes, pulling out an old large mirror that had been stolen some years ago. He placed it softly against the wall before stepping back to stand behind her, letting her look at her reflection in its glass.

"See?" He said, his voice low and calm. "Beautiful..."

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 15, 2024 05:14 PM

ANTIDOTE

Neutral

Give Award

Even after that incident, this all felt so nice. To wander the streets, to talk to others, deep down inside it hurt, to know she was so different. She was a monster to these people, they would capture her and hurt her if they knew what she truly was and it hurt. She kept these thoughts deep down, she did not want to ruin the day.

She thanked Pritchard as he continued to show her around, this was nice, to have a….friend. He explained the history of the town, how it all formed, the lives these people lived as merchants, it was all so fascinating even if it was simple knowledge. Her face was so bright with curiosity, those bright blue pools of hers taking everything in. It was as if the blind were to see again.

She did not realize the look in his eyes as he admired her, the wolf stunned by the sheep. She looked up to him as he spoke, encouraging her that she would look magnificent in it. A blush formed on her cheeks, a twisting feeling in her stomach as her eyes met his. What was this feeling? Why did she keep getting this, was she getting sick?

The sun began to dim as they wandered, Pritchard had picked a few more things for her. Some simple shoes, some glass trinkets, anything that seemed to catch her eye. As he mentioned heading back to the ship, she nodded to agree with him, following him back on board where some men had already come back to load supplies into the belly of the ship. Cael followed Pritchard inside, passing a few men who still gave her weird stares but it was acceptable, they knew what she was.

Back inside she looked to Pritchard who told her she could change. She hesitated at first but when he looked away to give her decency she did so. The fabric rustled in the silence of the room, Cael grunting as she struggled to get it on. “This…. Damn fabric” she grumbled. The dress sat over her body, just above her chest but her back and shoulders were wide open.

More scars scattered her lower back, years old from how they were healed. She sighed as she tried to reach back and fix it but one failed.

She looked to him as he approached, offering to help. Her heart fluttered but she stayed calm, nodding to Pritchard as he neared. His soft smile held comfort as he adjusted the front and back of the stress for how it should sit before he slipped behind her. With her he seemed so gentle, so caring and careful with his touch. He pushed her hair over her shoulder before gathering the strings of the corset, pulling it tight. Her slender frame was now revealed rather than how it looked in her baggy clothes. The fabrics hugged to her curves, accentuating her body.

As he walked back to the front of her, she could see a glisten in his eyes as he scanned her body. His compliments only caused her heart to race more, her cheeks to brighten as well. He commanded her softly to sit at his desk, mentioning he could help fix her hair. She was confused at first, questioning him on how he could. She was use to her hair being wet, it stayed tamed but on land that was a different story.

She sat down carefully, adjusting the dress. She watched as Pritchard pulled an item from the satchel, its gems glistening against the candlelight. She looked at it in wonder as Pritchard moved towards her. A smile formed on her face as he began to brush her golden curls, taking any knots that had formed away. Her hair was like silk afterwards, the light reflecting of the candlelight, her curls falling softly against her back.

She watched Pritchard curiously as he moved boxes that had been stacked, revealing a gold framed mirror. Her eyes widened as she saw her reflection, she couldn’t believe it. Chills ran down her spine as she looked at herself, she was speechless. All these years she hated her appearance for what she was but now… she looked human.

She was silent for a moment while Pritchard spoke, her eyes starting into her own. Without even a second thought she turned and hugged him tightly, “Thank you” she was able to say, muffled by his chest as she held on. This was all so much, all the kindness he had shown her, so much a tear started to fall from her cheek, hitting the floor softly.

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 15, 2024 06:59 PM

Caribou Creek

Neutral

Give Award

Pritchard stood behind Cael as she looked at herself, his hands resting gently upon her shoulders. A soft and slight smile lined his lips, and a gentle expression flickered in his warm eyes. It came as more than a surprise when she turned around, enveloping him in a tight hug. There was only a brief moment of hesitation from him before he let his arms fall around her in a hug back. A single hand held the back of her head gently to his chest, her words of thanks muffling into him. He held her for a moment, softly pressing a kiss to the top of her head before realizing that she'd shed a tear.

He pulled back slightly, placing a knuckle beneath her chin to draw her face upwards to look into his. He brushed a thumb softly over her cheek, wiping away the tear stain. Her skin shimmered in the candlelight, her blue pools reflecting the flames of his own. He felt a sharp pang in his chest, the desire to kiss her stronger than he'd ever felt it. "You deserve to feel as beautiful as you look," The captain rumbled to her, his voice just above that of a whisper. "I care for all among my crew, there need not be any thanks in order here." He nodded in the direction of the mirror, slowly aiding her in turning to face it once more. "Look how you shine." He let a smile light up his his features, taking one of her hands and lifting her arm slightly above her head. "Spin." He said calmly, allowing her to move and see herself from all angles. The fabric around the base of the dress flowed gracefully around her ankles, rippling like the waves.

"Now all the ladies will be jealous," Pritchard teased. "No mistaking you for a 'whore' now, is there?" He mocked the merchant from earlier. "We should probably head back into town whenever you're ready, before it gets dark. We'll have some dinner and come back here to prepare for sail." The necklace around his neck glittered, matching the eyes of the young woman standing in front of him. He lifted her hand to his lips as he'd done a few nights before, kissing it respectfully before letting go and exiting the cabin, tossing his chin for her to follow.

They passed by several of his men, some of them watching Cael with wary eyes, and others seeming to just now notice her beauty. "As you were, gents." Pritchard said, exiting the ship and walking once more into town. He kept pace with her, walking side by side. Upon reaching the small restaurant, he opened the door for her. The place was small but cleanly, made of brick and wood. There were people inside dining, but not as many as there could have been, leaving plenty of room and a cozy atmosphere. "You can get whatever you'd like," He told her kindly. "I know the owner."

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 15, 2024 07:38 PM

ANTIDOTE

Neutral

Give Award

Cael in that moment felt as if she was a princess, as if she was something. She felt as if her body was buzzing with excitement, to be admired felt wonderful, a feeling she was all so new to. She held onto Pritchard for a moment, the warmth of his body inviting as he wrapped his arms around her small frame. She didn’t want to leave that moment but it was interrupted as he pulled back, his hand traveling up to place a knuckle under her chin, her eyes being pulled to his.

His thumb gently wiped her tear from her cool skin, and she desperately wanted to let the weight of her head fall into his hand but she didn’t. Her heart fluttered at his words of admiration, her smile only growing wider as he spoke. As he turned her, her eyes met with hers once more, looking at herself again. She chuckled softly as he spun her around, the fabrics and her hair flowing around her, bouncing the candlelight off of them.

Cael couldn’t believe any of this still, it had to be some dream, it had to. She looked up to Pritchard as he made his tease, chuckling softly as she playfully swatted his arm, “Oh shut it” she said, turning to face him fully now. His long black hair enveloped his face, those bright eyes burning with passion. Once again as he lifted her hand to his lips, that feeling came rushing back. Her stomach dropping, her cheeks burning with fire, her throat wanting to let out a childish giggle but held back.

She nodded as he mentioned they should get to town for dinner, she was quite excited. The food they had on the ship had been delicious but a place that sold food, that must be better. Pritchard had shown her how to use cutlery, that way she did not have to eat with her hands.

As they exited, she looked to the men who stared. She could not tell how they felt, were they scared, angry, shocked? She wouldn’t know. Pritchard just placed a hand on her lower back and guided her, telling the men to go back to their duties. She followed his side into the town, the nightlife much different now than the morning. Drinks and whores traveled the streets, calling out through the air. Merchants had closed their shops, tending to their nightly activities.

Cael sat across from Pritchard, listening as he explained what the restaurant had. Of course she chose the fish, what else would you expect. The barmaid gave them two pints of mead, Cael curiously looking at the drink before taking a sip. As like the wine, it was quite strong for her, but she liked it. “This life is quite fun” she said with a chuckle, looking at Pritchard. She was not ready to go home anymore.

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 15, 2024 08:49 PM

Caribou Creek

Neutral

Give Award

A soft chuckle left his throat as she playfully swatted his arm. He couldn't help but admire her. Up until now he hadn't seen much in her beyond just being attractive and perhaps dangerous. But today...well, really the past few days, he'd begun to feel something in himself shift. He found himself being kinder to her, more patient, and treating her with a care he hadn't ever given to anyone. He wasn't quite sure what it was about her that he was so drawn to, but he liked it, and he found himself not wanting to let it slip from his grasp.

The sun was just about to set, lanterns lining the streets hung from buildings. Music from pubs billowed into the air, drunk men and women laughing with one another as ladies of the night wandered about. Pritchard recognized a handful of them, but tonight made no attempt to approach any of them.

Once inside, he couldn't help but smirk as she'd ordered fish. What else could he expect? "It can be fun, for sure." He agreed with her, chuckling softly as she took a drink. "You oughta try some other meat sometime," He told her kindly after odering his own food. "While you're up here on land why not try new foods? Plenty of fish in the sea to eat when you can go back." He was unaware of how his words could potentially affect her, oblivious to how strongly she was feeling about being able to experience being a human. He'd ordered lamb, and when their food arrived he slid his plate over a little towards her.

"Take off a bit if you want," He encouraged, gesturing to his plate. "Just try it." He'd taught her how to use cutlery, and part of this was to see how much she'd learned, but he also did just want her to experience more flavor profiles. He took a drink, the taste strong but sweet, a familiar and pleasant drink that was among one of his favorites. He began to eat, the meat cooked just right. It was better than he'd remembered, and it was days like these where he tried to savor every moment of being in town. He loved the sea, and the life he lived was one of freedom. But sometimes he did find himself wishing he was selfless enough to sacrifice that freedom in exchange for these luxuries.

"Look at you," He said after a moment, his eyes glittering with admiration and teasing light. "Just a few days in and you're dining with the captain in town, all dressed up fancy and nice." He winked at her, a few wavy strands of hair falling around his face. Music from outside swept into the dining space from the open windows, faint sounds of laughter echoing through the walls. "All because of some silly necklace." He didn't mean it in a derogatory manner, simply lightly teasing. The pendent rested against his chest, silently listening. "You're practically royalty."

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 15, 2024 10:24 PM

ANTIDOTE

Neutral

Give Award

Cael held back how she felt about his words, she had not told him the truth yet, she wasnt sure what she wanted. This was all so nice compared to living alone, though she did miss the full freedom. She would have to think about her decision during this trip. She chuckled softly as he pushed his plate towards her, encouraging her to try the lamb. “Oh fine” She said as she leaned forward, cutting a small piece from his. She tried it and it was delicious, cooked to perfection and savory, but she loved her fish still. “I still do not understand how you can tolerate this with ease.” She said as she took another small sip of the mead, slowly getting use to the burn.

As the two continued to enjoy their meals, Cael enjoyed the sound of music she could hear from outside, it sounded so lovely. She looked up to Pritchard as he smiled to her, complimenting how she had cleaned up. Her cheeks flushed once again, he did not understand how much it had meant to hear those words. “My mother always told me stories of royalty, how princes and princess wore gorgeous attire, their crowns glistening in the sun, rooms of gold and treasure” She explained, reminiscing on the stories she grew up on. “I always wanted to be royalty as a child, to attend a ball and dance with a prince” She added with a chuckle, knowing it was just a childish dream.

“This dress is lovely but I do not understand how women get it on themselves” She said with a chuckle, remembering how Pritchard had to help her. “Everything here is just so different” She added before taking another sip of mead. It was not long before they both finished their meals, Pritchard handing the barmaid a few silver coins before they left back to the streets. He followed by her side as she looked around, a bright smile still tugging at her lips. The mead was taking affect, her legs felt wobbly, a warm feeling deep within that just wanted to make her laugh.

“Lets go hear the music” She said, looking up to him with a goofy grin, her hand reaching forward to take his as she led the way. She did not know where she was going, her legs took her towards the music, down different streets, passing all kinds of people. She soon found the center of the town where all kinds of people gathered under the moon and lantern light. Men played different instruments while both men and women sung, everyone around enjoying the atmosphere, some passing around cups of mead. “Come on” She said with a smile, moving towards the crowd where people danced. Cael did not really know how but she followed the moves of other women, chuckling as she had so much fun. Her body felt weightless with the help of the alcohol. The lantern light illuminated off of her careless body as she danced around, soon joining in on the singing once she heard a familiar song, her voice having no affect once again. She reached forward, pulling Pritchard along with her, her bright eyes smiling up to him.

Some time had passed and a few more cups of mead had been drank by both. Cael was affected much more than Pritchard so before she became too intoxicated for her own good, Pritchard lead her back to the ship. “We must do this …. Again” She said as a hiccup interrupted her words, chuckling. He guided her home, up the stairs and to their cabin once again, straight to the bed. She chuckled as she fell back onto the mattress, her whole body feeling bubbly. Pritchard helped her into bed as she continued to go on and on about the fun she had, the music, the merchants, everything. Once settled in bed and under the sheets he had left her be, she would be asleep soon most likely.

She had quieted down a bit as she settled in the bed, was she asleep? Some minutes had passed of silence, she had to be asleep by now, but it was the opposite, she was wide awake, her mind racing. Tears started to well in her eyes as she began to think about everything she had experienced, her mind was torn. Small sniffles could be heard from her drunken form that laid in bed. When questioned she said nothing at first, but pushed just a bit more and her words spilled. “I dont know what I want anymore, I love the sea, my life, but you have shown me how fun the world above can be, how Im not seen as a monster or some ugly creature” She said, tears forming more and more as they began to drip down her cheeks. It seemed that the mead had broken down her tough walls.

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 15, 2024 11:48 PM

Caribou Creek

Neutral

Give Award

"Well, probably because I've been drinking it since before I even knew what it was," He said in reply, scoffing a bit. He noted the flush on her cheeks at his compliment, now able to notice it in better light. The smallest of smirks tugged at his lips but he refrained from commenting for a moment, listening to her speak of the stories her mother had once told her. "I was told similar stories," He said when she had finished, relating to her in a way. "I've been on the seas my whole life, I've never really gotten to experience the luxuries of living in places like this." He gestured towards the lively town that was breathing with laughter and music just outside the windows. "Part of me wonders what could have been, but that could never even begin to happen now. I've done too many things, been exiled in too many places. I step foot in one wrong town and I'd be hanged for simply existing." He finished his drink, having cleared his plate of the food much quicker than she did.

"I'm sure most women also have someone help them with their dresses too," He commented kindly. "You're not the only one." Once they'd finished, he walked with her outside back into the street. He was feeling the flush of the drink, but not nearly close to tipsy. Cael however, seemed to be teetering a little, her cheeks flushed and a grin on her face. He let her lead him along towards the center of town. Pritchard followed closely as she joined the crowd. His tall stature and iconic form was met with many eyes, but no one pushed him out nor made any attempt to shame him for being there. He paid for whatever he was given, taking several glasses of mead and downing the contents as he watched her dance. It wasn't too long before she reached out, pulling him in with her.

He looked down into her face, unable to stop the large grin that formed along his own. "I may not be much of a prince, but I'll dance with you as much as you'd like, princess." He told her, his tone sounding a bit more loving than he had intended it to, which brought his heart to a race. Pritchard let his own voice join the upbeat songs, his resonance carrying a pleasant deep tone that melted together with her her silky smooth soprano. The more he had to drink the more carefree he became, letting his body move freely with the music, sending her into spins which he caught gracefully in his arms.

A few hours must have passed, the sky now completely dark and littered with stars, the silver light of the moon bathing everything in a shimmering glow. He finally recognized that it was time to help escort Cael to the ship, realizing she was far more drunk than she needed to be.

He walked and laughed with her the entire way back, the sounds and bustle of the crowds and party fading long behind them. Their two voices were the only ones that carried into the air as he joked with her, experiencing true joy for the first time in years. Her steps were faltered, her body loose. "Certainly," He said in reply to her wish to do so again. Once on the ship, he scooped her form up into his arms, carrying her up the stairs so she didn't accidentally trip over herself. He carried her all the way to the bed, setting her feet to the floor and stayed for support as she flopped onto the mattress.

For awhile he remained standing there, one arm leaning against the wooden overhang above the bed, his eyes glittering as she rambled about how much fun she'd had. He ended up kneeling to the floor, gently aiding in removing the shoes from her feet and situating her properly into the covers, before standing up once more. "I'm glad you had fun," He finally hummed as she began to settle. "I'll make sure you get to experience it all again." He turned, dousing all of the lamps and lanterns except for one; a handheld that he carried to set upon his desk. Its warm glow illuminated the maps laid out beside it, and for quite some time Pritchard continued to mark their journey, studying over and over again the places she'd mentioned on the first day.

If something were to happen he would need to know the map by heart. The young captain had truly thought she had fallen asleep some time ago, but the soft sound of sniffles reached his ears from across the room. "Cael?" He questioned quietly, his voice rumbling softly, at first almost sounding like a parent questioning why their child was still up past quiet hours. "You alright?" There was no response, but the soft sounds of crying continued. Recognizing something was truly bothering her, Pritchard rose to his feet, his boot steps clicking quietly as he slowly made his way back over to her.

"Talk to me," He said once he'd reached her, kneeling down. Her words spilled, and he silently listened to each one, his expression one of empathy and remorse. "Hey," He crooned patiently, reaching a warm hand out to rest on her shoulder as he sat himself next to her. "You don't need to worry over that right now, it's late. You have months to figure out what your heart really desires, and I'm sure once you have your necklace back things will be just fine." He adjusted his hand to gently cup her cheek, using his other to once again try and wipe her tears.

Despite everything, and despite the resentment he carried for his own emotions, the feeling that erupted within his chest was too much to bare. Maybe it was the effects of the mean, perhaps it was the thrill of the day, or maybe a mix of everything...but he found he couldn't prevent himself from the action. He bent down closer to her, his nose brushing softly against hers as his hand held her gently. Her beauty, even in her most vulnerable of moments, gripped his spirit with painful claws. His hair fell in a curtain around them, reflecting the moment of closeness she'd given to him just a few nights before. Without much thought behind it, he pressed his lips to hers in a gentle kiss. Immediately, a warm burst shot throughout his chest, at first pushing him to become slightly more passionate and eager, if only for a brief moment.

Before he let himself get wrapped up or carried away, he broke it, his fiery gaze meeting hers. "Now will you please get some rest?" He asked, a light smile dancing along the corners of his lips. He swallowed back the emotion that was fighting to crawl its way out of him, rising to his feet and putting out the flame of the lantern on his desk before making his way back to the bed. As he did every night, he removed the boots from his feet and stripped the shirt from his torso, the necklace clinking softly against his bare skin as he pulled the sheets up over him.

"Goodnight," He said to her.

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1   ..    2    3    4    5    6    7 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us