mission goofy
01:45:59 
Finally riding the stationary bike again lol
 Nevermore.
01:45:39 Never/Nev
150 is the heaviest a wolf can be.
 The NightClan
01:44:42 Wolfy, Night
Can someone tell me when the weight of a wolf is at its max?
 Salom_
01:35:11 Sal, Salmon
Mods let me know if advertising that isn't allowed, but it's just a game! Not a mush thing
 Salom_
01:34:36 Sal, Salmon
-WP Click-
Bored? Want input on a new character? Come try the OC rating game!
 Malcuth
01:32:15 Wander
Thoughts on this custom coat?
-Click-
 Nevermore.
01:31:40 Never/Nev
Every ten levels you unlock a new biome
 Sabbath
01:31:24 Rook
Narran
I believe it's every 10 levels you'll unlock the next terrain
 Narran Park
01:29:49 Sting
How many levels until you unlock a new biome?
 Sabbath
01:15:02 Rook
Finally completed my quest to complete 10 levels in Tundra.

I have... so many ptarmigan feathers and so many snowy owl feathers xD
 Continental Wolves
01:14:20 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Ara
I don't think they do, at least I've never seen it
 Arachne
01:12:50 Ara/Kat
Weight: 86 Pounds
Build: Lanky
Fur Type: Bald

im glad they added this detail to bald wolves lol, makes me wonder can they pass it on to non-bald wolves
 Continental Wolves
01:11:49 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
Bao Buns
That's the goal actually, I'd love to log in for a year straight
 -Sweet-Poison-
12:59:15 Bau
Kalian

It looks great! I love it
 Chaotic Twins
12:58:51 Ryder,Kalian
how does my palette look?
 Ghost Queen
12:54:17 Ghost, Hades, Anubis
I th8nk I'm 200 and something
 -Sweet-Poison-
12:52:56 Bau
Ems

You have logged in 50 days in a row.
Damn... Yours is so high, almost a year :0
 Continental Wolves
12:52:04 Emmet , Spoopy Wolf
You have logged in 312 days in a row :3
 Luna🌕
12:44:33 Silver (She/her)
Tired now goodnight chat

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Margay : -4
Vicuna Wolf : -3
Mojave Green Rattler : -5
    Fall   Night  Weather:  Fog  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1   ..    39    40    41    42 

Outlander x MeekoSeptember 3, 2024 11:33 PM

Meeko

Darkseeker

Give Award
The silence was hard, it made Sky so tense but in a way, he didn't really feel too much at this moment. He was almost there, but he wasn't at the same time. Skylar had been in this situation before, but it wasn't exactly like this. When he first got addicted and Chris found out, it was hard, but this was harder in a different way. It was something Sky couldn't quite explain. With Chris, he felt like he had let him down or he was going to see him differently or even lose him. But that wasn't the case and Chris went about it in all the right ways. He stayed by Sky's side and got him help, because back then he wanted to get better. Thi.s time is different though. It's like the drugs are pulling even harder, and digging him deeper into his grave. It feels as if this time he won't make it out, but he can't stop.
Sky had finally found a good thing, just to ruin it before it even began to properly flourish. He hated that, so much, but stopping felt impossible to him. There was no way Sky could explain it, and even if he could, nobody would understand unless they had experienced it themselves.
Sky looked up as soon as Alex mentioned that they should call someone. "I'm not sick, don't fucking call anyone!" Sky slightly lashed out. He stared at Alex through his brows, before attempting to stand up fully, only to just shrivel back down. "You-" Sky began, but couldn't finish. He took a deep breath in, looking down again. He clenched his jaw before looking back up at Alex. "Why'd you come here?" Sky pushed out, taking a breath in after.
Outlander x MeekoSeptember 3, 2024 11:56 PM

Outlander

Lightbringer

Give Award
Alex's worry for Skylar was palpable, radiating from every part of him. He made no effort to conceal it - not in his expression, not in his voice, and certainly not in the way he stood, tense and ready to act. Why should he hide it? His concern was genuine, born from a place of deep care. What was he seeing - Skylar's erratic behavior, the way he seemed to be unraveling right before his eyes - alarmed him as much as it confused him. The silence between them felt like it stretched on for hours, thick with unspoken words, but just as Alex opened his mouth to say something, Skylar beat him to it.
`
Skylar's sharp words, laced with frustration and defensiveness, caught Alex completely off guard. The outburst hung in the air, stinging with an intensity that made Alex stiffen. His brows shot up in surprise, and his eyes widened slightly as he looked at the male before him, trying to process the sudden shift in tone. Beneath the growing concern in his chest, there was something else - something that felt like a small, painful twist. Discomfort. Hurt. The fact that Skylar had all but demanded that he not call anyone only made Alex feel more compelled to do so. It was an instinctive reaction - someone was in trouble, so you got them help. But who would he even call? He didn't have Skylar's mom's number, nor Chris'. And calling an ambulance? That seemed drastic. What if he was overreacting, what if nothing was really wrong? He knew one thing for sure: Skylar wouldn't forgive him for that, and he had no desire to make things worse.
`
"Why did I come here?" Alex echoed the words sounding almost ridiculous as they left his mouth. Of course, he came here. What else was he supposed to do? "You told me you weren't okay, Skylar. I was worried." His voice was firm but tinged with uncertainty as his gaze remained fixed on Skylar. His heart raced, pounding against his ribcage as if demanding that he do something, anything to fix whatever was going wrong.
`
"I won't call anyone if you don't want me to," Alex said softly after a few moments of tense silence. His tone was gentler now, as if he was trying to soothe some wild animal, and not the guy he was sharing a budding relationship with. "But if there's anything I can do to help..." His voice trailed off, and he felt a sinking weight in his gut. What could he possibly do to help? How could he fix something when he didn't even know what was broken? He didn't understand why Skylar looked the way he did, why he was acting strangely, and without that knowledge, Alex felt utterly powerless.
Outlander x MeekoSeptember 4, 2024 12:12 AM

Meeko

Darkseeker

Give Award
Skylar felt a tiny bit of regret with how he had reacted. But he couldn't help it, he really didn’t want anybody figuring out that he had relapsed. Now, the two people he cared most about probably knew, or at least sensed that something was off with how he's been acting the past couple of days. "Can't you see, Alex? I fucked up, I'm fucked up." Skylar said, his voice still loud, but now filled with hurt rather than anger. His words seemed to weigh heavy on his chest, sending a painful ache to his heart. "There's nothing you can do to fix this," he added, his voice dropping to a whisper.
Sky attempted to move closer, releasing his grip on the doorframe with shaking hands. Each step was slow, he didn't want to fall, and his legs already felt so weak. His mind was racing, and maybe, just maybe, he could find some comfort in Alex’s presence, or touch. The room seemed to start to close in on him, the walls pressing in as he fought with his mind and overwhelming emotions. Sky tried to steady his breath, but the effort only made him feel more unsteady.
Alex’s silence was a big difference from the chaos raging inside Skylar's mind. The quiet between them felt vast, almost unbearable. At that moment, Skylar realized just how vulnerable he was, and how much he needed support but was too afraid to ask for it. The fear of being judged or rejected mingled with his guilt, creating a tangled mess of emotions. He stood there, caught between the desire for redemption and the crushing weight of his own self-doubt, wondering if there was any hope left for him to grasp onto.

Edited at September 4, 2024 12:32 AM by Meeko
Outlander x MeekoSeptember 4, 2024 07:19 PM

Outlander

Lightbringer

Give Award
Alex felt his chest tighten with painful intensity as Skylar's words reverberated through the heavy silence that filled the room. The words hung in the air, unsettling and confusing, like a riddle with no clear answer. What did Skylar mean? What exactly had he done? And how bad was it? It felt as though Skylar was speaking in fragments, trying to tell him something important without really saying it outright. The ambiguity gnawed at Alex, leaving him grappling for some understanding, for any clue that could make sense of the moment.
`
Then Skylar spoke again, and Alex felt something inside him crumble. His chest tightened even further, as if every hope he had of somehow fixing this, of making things better, had been sucked into a void and obliterated. Maybe there wasn't anything he could do. Maybe Skylar was right - whatever was wrong was beyond his ability to fix. But that didn't mean Alex would just give up. He might not be able to solve the problem, but he could at least be there for Skylar. He could offer his support, even if it was just the simple act of standing beside him through whatever storm was brewing.
`
Why Skylar shifted, attempting to push himself away from the doorframe, Alex instinctively tensed, his muscles coiled like springs, ready to leap forward at the first sign of trouble. He watched with a deepening sense of concern as Skylar swayed, his movements slow and unsteady. Every step seemed to be a struggle as if his body was betraying him, refusing to cooperate. The unsteadiness was glaringly obvious, and it was clear that Skylar was barely holding himself together.
`
Without hesitation, Alex moved forward, closing the gap between them in an instant. His arm wrapped around Skylar, firm yet gentle, offering the support he so desperately needed. He could feel the unsteadiness in Skylar's body. There was a fragility to him now, a vulnerability that Alex had never seen before, and it stirred something protective deep within him.
`
"Let's get you to your bed," Alex said softly, his voice calm and reassuring despite the turmoil raging inside him. His gaze remained fixed on Skylar, his eyes searching his face for any sign of what he was going through, for any lint of how to help. Carefully, he guided Skylar away from the doorframe, his steps slow and deliberate as he made sure Skylar stayed upright. As they moved, Alex couldn't shake the feeling that he was walking on the edge of something vast and dangerous. But despite that fear, despite the uncertainty, he knew one thing: he wasn't going to let Skylar face this alone. Whatever this was, whatever brought them to this moment, he would be there, even if all he could do was help Skylar take one step at a time.
Outlander x MeekoSeptember 10, 2024 08:20 PM

Meeko

Darkseeker

Give Award
Skylar shook his head slightly and closed his eyes as he did so. "No." He then said quietly, "No I don't need you to take care of me Alex." Skylar continued. He looked back up at Alex, tears swelling in his eyes a little. Looking down almost immediately, he tried his best to not let any tears spill over. He reached an arm out, wanting to just feel Alex's touch. Running a hand down Alex's forearm, stopping at his hand. He weakly held the boy's hand, looking back up at Him. "Im sorry." He said again, taking another step closer. This time he slightly stumbled, falling into Alex's chest. He immediately wrapped his arms around him, embracing him. Before he knew it, he was crying. There were too many emotions he was feeling. He knew he couldn't just stop doing drugs for Alex right then and there, it was going to be a long process. Sky hated feeling this vulnerable, but at this moment he didn't care.
'
Sky gripped Alex's shirt as he held him, keeping himself upright so he wouldn't fall to his knees. "It's bad Alex, it's getting really bad and I don't think I can stop." Skylar said, his voice filled with pain. Almost his whole body began to shake, which scared him even more. He took some deep breaths, as he sniffled, still burying his face into Alex's chest. Sky hoped this wouldn't scare Alex off, but then he thought, if Alex leaves, there's nothing that would stop me from oding. But Sky couldn't tell him that, if he did, it would probably put so much pressure on Alex. Sky didn't want to do that to him, he wouldn't want to do that to anyone. Sky really didn't want to lose him, but then again, a part of him didn't want to put Alex through this.
Outlander x MeekoSeptember 11, 2024 05:52 PM

Outlander

Lightbringer

Give Award

Alex froze as Skylar's quiet "no" broke the tension, his voice so soft it almost disappeared into the space between them. The words hung heavy in the air, and for a moment, Alex didn't know how to respond. He frowned, his brow furrowing as he tried to process what Skylar was saying. He didn't need to be taken care of? That couldn't be right. The evidence in front of him told a very different story. Skylar could barely stand on his own, his weight leaning heavily against the doorframe as if it were the only thing holding him upright. His thoughts seemed to be slipping away from him, his eyes unfocused, his voice fragile. The bruise on his arm stood out starkly against his pale skin, a visible reminder that something much darker was at play. And then there was the look in Skylar's eyes - a look that spoke of something deeper, something raw and unspoken.
`
Even though Skylar was insisting he didn't need help, Alex could see past the words. He could feel the weight of everything Skylar was saying. It didn't matter if Skylar believed he didn't need to be taken care of - Alex wanted to take care of him. The urge to help, to protect, was so strong it almost overwhelmed him. Skylar's voice cut through Alex's thoughts again with his soft apology.
`
Alex opened his mouth, ready to tell Skylar that he had no reason to apologize, that he didn't need to say sorry for anything. But before the words could leave his lips, Skylar took an unsteady step forward. "Skylar?" Alex's voice came out sharper than he intended, laced with panic as he instinctively caught him. He was about to ask - again - if Skylar was okay, but the question died in his throat the moment he felt Skylar's arms wrap around him. Skylar's body shook, and before Alex could fully register what was happening, he heard it. Quiet, broken sobs.
`
Skylar was crying.
`
Alex's chest tightened with concern as he slowly moved his arms around Skylar, holding him, trying to offer some kind of support - both physically and emotionally. He wasn't sure if he was helping, but it was all he could think to do. The weight of Skylar against him, the way his shoulders trembled, sent a rush of emotions surging through Alex's heart. What was going on? What had happened that had reduced Skylar to this state? His mind raced, searching for answers, searching for something he could do to make this better. But the more he thought about it, the more helpless he felt.
`
Should he call someone? Would that help? His mind flicked to Chris for a split second, but he quickly discarded the idea. He barely knew Chris 0 didn't have his number, and didn't know where he lived. And besides, there was no guarantee that Chris could get here in time. Running off to find him seemed foolish. Skylar's voice, muffled against his chest, drew Alex's attention back to the moment. Bad? Alex's stomach twisted with anxiety. What did Skylar mean by that? What was bad? He wanted to ask, but his throat was tight, and the words refused to come. All he could do was listen as Skylar continued.
`
Alex froze. I don't think I can stop? The words echoed in his mind, and suddenly, realization hit him like a punch to the gut. Drugs. Skylar had told him once before that he'd been into drugs, badly hooked on them. He'd sworn that part of his life was behind him, but the pieces were falling into place now, and Alex's chest tightened with dread. The party. The drugs they'd had at the party. Just one of whatever they had taken must have been strong enough to pull him back into this downward spiral. Alex cursed under his breath. He should've known. He should've done something sooner. But what was he supposed to do now?
`
"Skylar..." He whispered, his voice cracking under the weight of his emotions. He tightened his hold on him, feeling his trembling frame in his arms. He didn't know what to say, didn't know how to make this better. Everything felt so wrong, so much bigger than anything he knew how to handle. "Okay." He murmured softly after a moment, his voice barely above a whisper. "It'll be okay. We'll figure this out," Alex wasn't sure if he even believed his own words. He wanted to comfort Skylar, to reassure him, but how could he do that when he didn't have the answers himself? He was completely out of his depth, and the panic that had been simmering in the background now threatened to boil over.
`
His mind was racing, a thousand thoughts colliding in his head all at once. He needed to do something, but he had no idea what. Should he break his promise and call someone? Try to get ahold of Skylar's mom? The hospital? Would Skylar hate him for making that call? Would he even forgive him? The uncertainty of it all gnawed at Alex, but he pushed those thoughts aside. Right now, he needed to focus on Skylar. "Just hold on, okay?" Alex whispered, trying to keep his voice steady even though his heart was pounding. He rubbed Skylar's back in slow, gentle circles, trying to soothe him, trying to offer any kind of comfort he could.
`
There was so much that he didn't understand, so much he didn't know how to deal with. But one thing was clear - Skylar needed him. And whatever happened next, Alex wasn't going to abandon him. He wasn't going to let him face this alone.
Outlander x MeekoSeptember 11, 2024 07:14 PM

Meeko

Darkseeker

Give Award
His heart raced, and his thoughts were a fucked-up mess as he stayed there, tears streaming down his face into Alex's chest. The comfort of Alex's presence helped, but the impact of his emotions and the drugs made it hard for him to fully appreciate it. Why Sky? WHY?! Even a tiny thought like that could make him have a bad outburst at the moment. He gritted his teeth at the thought and gripped Alex's shirt even tighter.
'
Slowly, his sobs began to calm down, though his breathing remained uneven. Each breath in and out was shaky, along with the rest of his body. He started to loosen his hold on Alex, the strength of his grip weakening as his body grew weary. “I can’t go back to rehab. I don't want to.” he said quietly, his voice trembling with vulnerability. He gently pulled away from Alex, taking a small, hesitant step back. His face, although wet from tears, was relatively clear, but his shirt was already damp and stained. Feeling warm and uncomfortable, he lifted the shirt and used it to wipe his nose before tossing it into his room with a sense of resignation.
'
Turning back to Alex, he felt a waterfall of emotions. Meeting Alex’s gaze, he realized how much he had just revealed—how raw and exposed he had become. His eyes stung, and he fought to hold back more tears, looking away to compose himself. “Alex, I don’t want to put you through this.” he said softly, his voice barely audible. He looked down at his hands, fidgeting with them as he struggled with his emotions. His gaze drifted to his arm, where a dark bruise had formed in a short period of time. Seeing it made him wince, a physical reminder of his struggles and the pain he felt inside. The sight filled him with a deep sense of shame, not just about the bruise itself, but about his actions and the person he felt he had become.
'
He met Alex's gaze again, and he wondered. What's he thinking? Does he still like me? Is this going to work? If won't because of me. Sky clenched his jaw slightly, as he tried to push any negative thoughts away, but they kept coming back. The only way he knew how to get rid of them was more drugs. "Can't you see I'm messed up! I can't stop and I don't want to stop now." Skylar said, his tone raised slightly. His voice broke at his last words, and he turned around before Alex could even answer. "Fuck this." Skylar breathed as he slammed his door and went straight the the drawer. He hurriedly grabbed everything, sitting on the ground as he did so. He knew there was a chance of Alex walking it, but he didn't care much. He needed it, so badly. His hand shook as he burned the spoon and before he knew it, a huge wave of euphoria came over him. He laid down on the floor, as his breaths got shallow. He brought his legs slightly up, being almost in the fetal position, but it was comfortable.
Outlander x MeekoSeptember 11, 2024 09:59 PM

Outlander

Lightbringer

Give Award
Alex held onto Skylar, refusing to let go until the sobs wracking his body had subsided. He could feel Skylar's grip loosen as his tears finally slowed, but Alex didn't move, didn't even think about stepping back. The fabric of his shirt clung damply to his chest from the steady stream of Skylar's tears, but at that moment it was the least of his concerns. Skylar had fallen apart in his arms, and all Alex could think about was how to hold him together. When Skylar finally pulled away, Alex let him go, though his eyes stayed fixed on him, watching every tremble of his lips, every flicker of emotion that passed across his face. His heart clenched painfully at the sight of Skylar's vulnerability, the rawness that seemed to spill from his very being. There was something fragile about him at that moment, something so heartbreakingly open that Alex didn't know how to respond.
`
And then Skylar spoke. His words hit Alex like a punch to the gut. Skylar didn't want to go back to rehab. He didn't want help. It was like a quiet admission of surrender, and it terrified Alex. The weight of that statement settled on him like a lead blanket, suffocating in its heaviness. For a long moment, Alex couldn't say anything. He just stood there, biting his lip, his mind racing, trying to make sense of it. When their gazes finally met, Alex saw it - the vulnerability, the fear, the desperation. Skylar's eyes, which normally held a spark of wit and warmth, were hollowed with pain and uncertainty. The emotions he'd been burying since the party were now on full display, laid bare in a way that shook Alex to his core.
`
But then Skylar said something else, something that made Alex's heart clench even tighter. "I don't want to put you through this." The words echoed in Alex's mind, sharp and painful. It was too familiar, too much like the conversation they'd had before - the conversation where Alex had almost ended everything before it even started. Back then, Skylar had told him to try, to not give up on them before they had a chance. Alex had spent hours wrestling with that, trying to reconcile his fear of vulnerability with the undeniable pull he felt toward Skylar. Eventually, he had decided to take the leap, to embrace what could be, to push through the walls he'd carefully constructed around himself.
`
Now, standing here, Skylar seemed to be the one pulling away. Was this it? Was Skylar trying to end things before they'd had a real chance to begin? The confusion, hurt, and fear must have shown on Alex's face because before he could respond, he heard Skylar curse, saw him turn abruptly, and then slam the bedroom door behind him. The sound echoed through the house like a thunderclap, leaving Alex standing there, stunned.
`
For a moment, he just stood there, frozen, trying to process what had just happened. His mind spun, wrestling with the conflicting emotions that surged through him. Part of him wanted to leave, to walk out the door and pretend none of this had happened. Maybe that would've been easier. But another part of him, the part that had already committed to trying, wouldn't let him walk away. Like hell, I'm letting it end like this, Alex thought fiercely. He stepped forward, his resolve hardening, and shoved the door open. His voice broke the silence, sharp and heavy with emotion. "Skylar, I'm just as mess-" But the words died on his lips when he saw what was on the other side of the door.
`
Skylar was on the floor, curled up in the fetal position, his knees drawn tightly to his chest. Next to him, scattered haphazardly, were all the items necessary to fix something - a syringe, a spoon, and a lighter. It was all there, right in front of Alex, and for a moment, his heart stopped. His eyes widened in shock, his mind trying, and failing, to process what he was seeing. "Skylar?" Alex's voice came out in a strangled whisper, the fear in it undeniable. He hurried to Skylar's side, dropping to his knees next to him, panic surging through him like wildfire. "How much did you take?" His voice was laced with desperation as he stared down at Skylar, searching for any sign that it wasn't too late. He had no idea how much of whatever Skylar had taken could be dangerous, but it didn't take much to know that Skylar might have taken too much.
`
The bruise on Skylar's arm, the lethargy in his movements, the way he'd stumbled earlier - it all pointed to the terrifying possibility of an overdose. And now, with more drugs laid out beside him, the risk was real.
Outlander x MeekoSeptember 11, 2024 10:21 PM

Meeko

Darkseeker

Give Award
Skylar's breathing had grown shallow, each inhale and exhale becoming a struggle as if he was breathing in muggy, foggy air. His heartbeat slowed to a dangerously slow speed. It was as if he was in the process of slowing down, drawing him to the inevitable end. The sensation of drifting towards death felt peaceful to him, at least in this sense.
'
His vision started to fade in and out of focus, a disorienting blur of the dark colours and shapes around him. The world around him became increasingly blurred, almost fully black as if you were staring down a dark hallway. Sounds, too, were distorted and distant, muffled by an invisible barrier that separated him from reality. He could vaguely make out a series of noises—a muffled commotion, the hurried shuffle of feet—but their meanings eluded him. Suddenly, a new colour popped up into view, Alex. The ground beneath him trembled slightly as if responding to the urgency of the situation. In the midst of this confusion, a familiar voice pierced through the haze. It was Alex, his voice strained with worry, but Sky couldn't understand. Skylar's attempt to focus on the voice was futile, the words seemed to blend into the background noise, their urgency lost in the void.
'
Using the last reserves of his strength, Skylar attempted to speak. His voice emerged as a faint whisper, fragile and barely audible. "I'll..." he started, the breathiness of his tone betraying his weakened state. His voice faltered, and he drew in a shallow breath, feeling the air fill his lungs with a fleeting, ephemeral sense of clarity. "Be fine," he managed to add, the words barely forming as he fought against the approaching darkness. The effort of speaking took a toll on him, and as his energy depleted, he could only muster one final word. "Go." It was a single, barely audible word. As the last of his consciousness slipped away from him, Skylar closed his eyes, succumbing to the enveloping darkness.
Outlander x MeekoSeptember 11, 2024 11:33 PM

Outlander

Lightbringer

Give Award
Alex fell to his knees beside Skylar, his heart pounding so hard it felt like it might burst from his chest. He strained to listen, hanging on the hope that Skylar would say something, anything, that would tell him what was happening. For a moment, there was only silence, save for the shallow, uneven breaths coming from Skylar. Then, he heard it - a weak, barely audible murmur telling him that he'd be fine, and to go. The frailty in Skylar's voice hit Alex like a punch to the gut. It was so faint, so lacking in the usual strength and fire that Alex had come to know in him. The words seemed hollow, as if Skylar himself didn't even believe them. And as much as Skylar was trying to push him away, Alex knew there was no way in hell he was leaving. Not now. Not when Skylar was like this.
`
"Skylar!" Alex's voice cracked, the fear behind it pushing his emotions dangerously close to the surface. He shook Skylar gently but urgently, his hands trembling as they gripped his shoulders. He couldn't hide the panic anymore. "Skylar, please! Talk to me! How much did you take?" Alex's heart raced, each thud a drumbeat of dread as the terrifying reality of the situation settled in. He wasn't equipped for this - none of this. His mind scrambled for answers, searching for something, anything, that could tell him what to do. But he had no idea. What did you do when someone was this far gone? The thought of calling an ambulance crossed his mind, but with it came a thousand other questions: Would Skylar be furious? Would he hate him for making the call? What if this spiraled into something even worse?
`
But then again, what choice did he have? Could he really sit here and do nothing while Skylar seemed to be slipping away right in front of him? the panic clawed at Alex, wrapping icy fingers around his throat, making it hard to breathe. But he couldn't let it take over. Not now. He forced himself to take a deep breath, fighting to keep the terror at bay. He had to stay calm. Skylar needed him. He couldn't let him drift away into the darkness that was pulling him under. "Hey, hey, stay with me, okay?" Alex's voice was softer now, though it still trembled with fear. His hands which had been shaking Skylar moments before, now moved gently, carefully. He cupped Skylar's face, tilting it slightly to try and meet his eyes. The pale light in the room cast soft shadows on Skylar's face, highlighting the hollowed look in his expression.
`
"Please," Alex whispered, his voice breaking as he looked at Skylar, searching desperately for any sign that he was still present. "Just... stay with me." It was a plea, a quiet desperate plea that came from the deepest part of him, the part that was terrified of losing Skylar in this moment. It was as though, if he could just keep talking, keep holding on, he could anchor Skylar to this reality, keep him from slipping away into whatever abyss he was teetering on the edge of.
`
But as Alex stared down at him, he wasn't sure if Skylar could even hear him. A wave of helplessness washed over Alex, threatening to drown him. What am I supposed to do? The question repeated in his mind like a relentless drumbeat, pounding against his skull. He wasn't trained for this. He'd never had to deal with something so terrifying, so utterly out of his control. And yet here he was, facing it head-on, with no idea how to help the person in front of him, the person he deeply cared for.
`
For a moment the room was quiet, save for the sound of Skylar's labored breathing. Alex's heart pounded in his ears, drowning out everything else. The fear, the uncertainty, it all pressed in on him, but he refused to let go. Then with a sudden surge of resolve, Alex made a decision. He couldn't keep standing there, pleading with Skylar to wake up while doing nothing. His hand reached into his pocket, fingers fumbling for his phone. He hesitated for a brief second, a thousand doubts running through his mind - what if Skylar hated him for this? What if this destroyed everything? But then he looked down at Skylar's still, fragile form and he knew he didn't have a choice. His hand clenched around the phone. He had to make the call.
`
With a deep breath, Alex pressed the numbers - 911. It felt like a line had been crossed as if dialing those three digits was sealing a fate he had no control over. The ringing on the end was deafening, each pause between tones filling Alex with dread. Finally, a voice crackled through the receiver. "911, what's your emergency?" For a second, Alex's voice caught in his throat. He swallowed hard, struggling to force the words out, to explain the situation. "I-I need an ambulance." He said, his voice shaking despite his efforts to sound composed. "My friend... I think he might be overdosing. He's not responding - he's unconscious and I don't know how much he took. Please, can you send someone quickly?"
`
The operator's voice was calm and efficient, and though that should have reassured him, it only made Alex feel more disconnected from reality. Everything was unraveling, and here was someone on the other end of the line, guiding him through a nightmare like it was routine. "Can you give me the address?" The operator asked, her voice clipped and professional. Alex's mind blanked for a moment as he tried to recall Skylar's address. He'd been here only a few times, and now, in the haze of panic, it felt like the details were slipping away from him. But then it came back - like a lifeline. He rattled off the street name and house number, stumbling over his words in his rush to get him out. "And what's your friend's condition right now? Is he breathing? The operator pressed.
`
Alex glanced down at Skylar, his breath hitching as he took in Skylar's frail form. "Yeah, but... it's really shallow. I-" His voice cracked, the weight of everything hitting him at once. He closed his eyes, forcing himself to stay calm. "He's high. Really high. I don't know much he's taken, but he's not... he's not okay."
`
"Do you know what substances he's used?" The operator asked. Alex faltered. He had no idea. He'd never asked, had never wanted to delve into that dark side of Skylar's life. "No." He admitted, guilt gnawing at him. "I don't know. But he's been using something tonight, and... it's bad. Really bad." There was a pause on the other end, then the operator's voice returned, still stead, still calm. "We have an ambulance on the way. Stay with him. Try and get him conscious, if you can. Help is coming, but you need to keep talking to him. Can you do that?" Alex nodded, though the operator couldn't see him. "Yeah." He managed to say, his voice raw with emotion. "Yeah, I'll stay with him."
`
The call ended, and the silence that followed was suffocating. Alex sat there for a moment, staring down at the phone in his hand, the weight of what he had just done crashing down on him. He made the call - he had taken that step, and broken his promise to Skylar. Even though he knew it was the right thing to do, it felt like he had betrayed Skylar in some fundamental way. What if he hates me for this? The thought lodged itself deep in Alex's mind, refusing to let go. Skylar had told him not to get involved, had begged him to leave, to let him handle this on his own. But Alex couldn't do that. He couldn't stand by and watched as Skylar slipped further and further away.
`
He turned his attention back to Skylar, whose breathing remained shallow, his chest rising and falling in irregular, almost imperceptible movements. Alex leaned closer, gently shaking his shoulder. "Hey, Skylar, stay with me." He urged, his voice breaking through the silence. "Come on, you can't fall asleep. Okay? Help's coming." Alex swallowed hard, fighting the tears that threatened to spill over. "You're gonna be okay," Alex said, his voice barely above a whisper. "I promise."
`
He wasn't sure if Skylar could hear him, wasn't sure if his words were breaking through the fog of whatever drugs were coursing through his system. But Alex kept talking anyway, filling the space with his voice, hoping that maybe, just maybe, it would be enough to keep Skylar tethered to the present.
`
The minutes dragged on, each one feeling like an eternity. Alex's mind raced with a million thoughts, most of them terrifying, all of them anchored in one terrible possibility - that he could lose Skylar tonight. And if that happened, he didn't know if he could live with himself. Then, finally, the distant wail of sirens cut through the evening, growing louder, closer, until the flashing lights of the ambulance illuminated the street outside. Relief washed over Alex like a tidal wave, though it was tinged with fear - fear of what would happen next, of what Skylar's reaction would be when he woke up and realized what Alex had done. But for now, none of that mattered.

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1   ..    39    40    41    42 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us