Wolf Play : ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)
Chatbox
 The Unknown
02:26:22 Unknown | Dark
I love the explore boosts! Exploring is probably my favourite feature and being able to do it so often is awesome
 technoblade
02:25:41 Lil Techy | Techno
Unknown

When you unlock them go to jungle or tundra, those are the best.
 Eternity
02:25:23 ET
I find jungle is best during winter, but it can be pretty expensive in terms of health potions and healing your team haha.

How're you enjoying exploring every half hour? :D
 The Unknown
02:25:18 Unknown | Dark
Ooo okay! I love exploring and I found out that if I buy enough moves at once I make a profit off grinding so I'm going to grind explore all day
 The Unknown
02:24:30 Unknown | Dark
Lol of course during winter. Where should I go for winter then?
 Boeing
02:24:14 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Unknown
Once you unlock Jungle, of you want mush then you never leave lop
 Inferno Abyss
02:24:11 Raven, Flame
Unknown
Depends on your preference. I use Jungle :')
 technoblade
02:24:03 Lil Techy | Techno
Unknown

Forest is the best during any season but winter
 The Unknown
02:23:21 Unknown | Dark
Which is the best for mush grinding? I've been going through the forest to level up
 Ecifircas
02:21:58 
For every 10 overall territory levels you have, you unlock a new terrain. So you unlock Swamp at overall territory level 10, and Jungle at 20, and so on until you unlock Tundra at level 50.
 teddy
02:21:12 its yellow
mac
i think 10
 Boeing
02:20:56 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Rogue
Every 10 levels
 Rogue Wildfires
02:20:30 Mac and Cheese
How many levels do you need to change your location you explore in?
 Boeing
02:20:13 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Amy what are you doing
 Desolation
02:17:36 Deso the 👻
I gotta bounce

Peace chat <3
 Tiny Village
02:15:26 Tiny
Good afternoon
 Amygdala
02:13:43 Amy/Anpmygdala
LW nimble foot...not to bad for dodging attacks
-WP Click-
 Amygdala
02:11:58 Amy/Anpmygdala
-WP Click-

Goddamit why are you not HW🥲
 Poe
02:02:36 
-WP Click-
He is quite the cutie.
 Inferno Abyss
02:01:41 Raven, Flame
Bounce
Aww, well you deserve each other. I'm sure he'll keep doing you well :D

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Green Python : -1
Badger : -2
Arctic Fox : -4
    Winter   Day  Weather:  Blizzard

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2    3    4    5    6    7 

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 14, 2024 01:39 PM

ANTIDOTE

Neutral

Give Award

Cael gave him a deathly glare at his words, her brows furrowing against her features. She kept her eyes on him as he stepped away, “Will he ever cease?” She questioned herself in her mind. She sighed softly once he had moved away to blow out the remaining candles, Cael’s body settling against the fabrics below her. Her shoulders fell, her expression softened as she soon realized what she had been missing out on. For so long she had slept on the sands of the shore or a flattened rock, while in captivity the wooden floors of a ship but this, this was so much more.

Once she had settled on her side, her back facing him, her eyes seemed to fall close. The exhaustion had reached its limits, the comforts of the bed pulling her asleep. Her breaths were quiet as she fell deeper and deeper, her dreams nothing but darkness and a void. Her body had craved this for so long and finally it was here.

She did not know how long she had been asleep for time seemed irreverent in her slumber. It had to have been a few hours as the rain had softened and the moon was slowly making its descent. Cael woke suddenly by a sound she was familiar with, a harsh and quick breath. It echoed through the room, her sharp hearing catching it quickly. She rolled over softly, her eyes squinting towards Pritchard’s form.

There was just enough moonlight to see the outline of his body, his chest heaving heavily, his hand up on his heart. A frown formed upon her lips, her gaze softening. She knew the motions of night terrors as she had struggled with them as well. Carefully she pulled herself from the sheets, her bare feet hitting the cold floor. Her steps were quiet as she make her way over cautiously.

“Pritchard?” She said softly as she neared his side. No movement, no words. She could see the fear upon his eyes, his body trembling as small beads of sweat trailed his skin. Cael did not know why, but a feeling rushed through her body. She had to help him, just as she would have wanted help when she had struggled with them. She placed a hand gently on top of his that rested on his heart, her skin soft and cool to the touch against the fire that raged in his skin. She used the long fabric of her sleeve to wipe the sweat from his brow as she began to hum softly, to help calm him and pull him from his entrapment.

Her voice was soft, not her siren's call. She hummed a lullaby her mother would sing to her when she was upset. Her eyes looked upon him, waiting for him to snap from his terrors. It all felt like an instinct, as if she needed to help him. Deep inside there was a mothers soul, one of protection and caring but it had been lost years ago.

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 14, 2024 03:29 PM

Caribou Creek

Neutral

Give Award

The young captain has heard his name being spoken, but had made no attempt to move. He'd had unsettling dreams before, but nothing like this in many years. It was a trauma he'd forced himself to forget, not wanting to dwell on the horrors he'd seen that day and just to move on to better times. For awhile he'd succeeded, but now...

His eyes fluttered closed as he felt her cool touch upon his hand, and he tried to slow and steady his breathing as he heard the soft hum of her voice in his ears. Her voice was soothing, soft, and inviting, eliciting a feeling from deep within him to erupt in his chest. A warm, tingling, feeling he remembered from so long ago. It was a sense of comfort that only his mother had been able to bring him when he was a young boy, a feeling he'd had ripped away from him in a violent and sudden manner. His heart began to slow, his breathing becoming more steady, but at the cost of a tear slipping from his eye and rolling slowly down his cheek.

He sat still and silent for a few moments just listening to her voice and reveling in the warmth her presence had brought him. Finally, he gently adjusted the hand on his chest, softly entwining his fingers with hers. His eyes opened once more, glistening with the threat of more tears as he shifted his gaze to her face. His hair fell loosely, dark curles framing his face as he looked at her moonlit frame. For a moment he could not speak, simply overridden with emotions he couldn't place, perhaps some he didn't want to acknowledge. He moved their entwined hands upwards along his chest until they rested upon the pendent of her necklace. His free hand slowly reached up, his breath ever so slightly hitching in his throat as he softly cupped her face. His fingers brushed lightly around the back of her neck into her hair, her golden waves soft and comforting to the touch.

Another warm tear found its way from his eye, trickling softly down until dropping to the floor. "Thank you," He finally spoke, his voice just a whisper. Not only was it thanks for her gesture just now, but a thanks for her actions earlier as well. She had prevented their ship from going under, saved him from a similar fate to his past. His heart thrummed within his chest, it's pulse able to be felt within their hands. His fiery eyes for once held something other than lust or greed as he looked up at her, his expression one of gratitude and admiration.

A few moments of hesitation passed between them, his heart only continuing to pound, before he firmed his grasp on her, gently and slowly bringing her face down to his. He let his eyes flutter closed once more, pressing his forehead lightly to hers. Her golden hair fell in waves around his chest, brushing lightly against his skin.

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 14, 2024 05:17 PM

ANTIDOTE

Neutral

Give Award

Cael continued to hum softly, her concerned eyes never leaving his face. He had seemed so tough, calloused earlier but now a frail tone overcame him. She could feel his heartbeat start to slow, the rapid thumping deep within ceasing, the trembling of his body calming. She watched as a tear slid from his closed eyes, traveling down his cheek as it reflected just a hint of the moonlight. She looked down as his hand reached up to entwine his large hand with hers, his fingers still slightly trembling. She looked back up to his eyes that watched her, glazed with tears that fought to escape. “It's going to be okay” She whispered softly, giving just a small smile.

The moonlight radiated against her soft skin, her golden curls falling down to frame her face. She stayed calm, continuing her hum until she felt his free hand reach up, his calloused fingers grazing her skin as he cupped her cheek. Her body went frozen, rigid as her eyes widened just a bit. Her humming ceased. “What is he doing?” She asked herself in her head. She couldn't move or speak now, her lips parted slightly as she watched him, his eyes never leaving hers. The hair on her arms and neck began to stand as his fingers brushed her skin, snaking around the back of her neck.

His voice was quiet and soft as he thanked her, another tear trickling down his cheek. She could see in his eyes he meant it, it was not just a silly remark to tease like earlier. She wondered what he had dreamed about that was so terrible he would switch like this, to break him this much. She parted her lips to speak once more but quickly paused as his grasp on her tightened just a bit, pulling her face towards his own. Her heart began to race even faster, her stomach flipping within. She could feel the heat of his body just as their foreheads touched, her hair falling around them as a curtain for the outside.

She stayed frozen for a moment, it was all she could do as his hand held her there. She didn't know what she felt at that moment. Part of her wanted to stay right there, to keep consoling him as he began to calm, but another part wanted to run, to get out of his grip and that room. Flight or Fight battling with each other in her mind but neither were winning. She didn't like the feeling that was forming in her heart and stomach, it felt strange, wrong. After just a few moments, when she felt his hand begin to soften its grip she pulled back, her hand slipping from his fingers as she stood tall once more.

Her heart still raced as she caught her breath, her eyes looking away, trying to catch onto anything except his. She clasped her fingers together as the feeling slowly faded from her chest, her lips parting to speak once again. She was quiet for a moment before she could finally get her voice to work, “Are you okay?” She asked, looking back at him. This was all so new to her, consoling someone in the time of need, it had never occurred before so she did not know how to respond or act, and after the actions he had just performed, it truly confused the creature's mind even more than before.

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 14, 2024 10:22 PM

Caribou Creek

Neutral

Give Award

Pritchard wanted nothing more in that moment than to hold onto her, or more rather the feeling that she'd awakened within him. He hadn't realized until now how much he'd truly missed the soft touch and comfort, the warmth of care. As his thoughts wandered, they brought him back into the moment, his hand on her loosening. As expected, she pulled away from him, their hands parting and the warmth of her comfort vanishing in an instant. His eyes opened as the chill of air rushed between them again, his amber gaze looking at her when she spoke.

'Am I okay?' He questioned to himself, taking a deep breath through his nose and releasing it slowly. He swallowed back the lump that had formed in his throat, his eyes still threatening the sting of tears. "I'm..." He began, about to say that he was fine. He hesitated again, his mind racing with confusion at everything he was feeling. He removed his legs from atop the desk, letting his boots fall quietly to the floor as he turned his chair to face her fully. "I don't know..." He confessed after a moment, his voice low and rumbling. It wasn't often he showed vulnerablity to people, much less a stranger, even less a strange woman who just so happened to be a creature of the deep infamous for dragging men to their watery graves. He looked away briefly, his mind recalling the events of his dream, and the events of the storm just hours prior.

"You just...I don't understand you," He finally said, his amber pools flitting back to her. "You save my ship, my men, my crew...you save me. When you could have easily watched the ship go down. You could have let us all drown, and pried your trinket from my lifeless body yet you chose to let me live." He paused, his breath hitching again for a moment or two. "Then you...you choose to come to me in a moment of privacy and weakness...you could have easily ignored my unease and left yourself to get the rest you need. Or you could have killed me, taken your trinket and left. Why? Why do any of that, why help me?"

Everything she had done so far was the exact opposite of what he would have chosen to do if their roles were reversed. "It was just a silly dream, a nigh terror I haven't had in years, nothing more." He said with a shake of his head and a glance away, his eyes drifting towards the cabinet of rum bottles. After a moment or two of hesitation, he rose to his feet, walking slowly over and grabbing one, popping off the cork. He wanted nothing more than to forget that nightmare. The terror that had gripped his heart so strongly.

He took a swig, the bite of it strong. Good. "You also confuse me because of how you make-- made me feel." He quickly corrected. "I haven't felt like that in a long time, much less by a 'woman' such as yourself." He began to walk towards her, setting the drink on his desk before approaching her closely, his tall slender form standing above her, his chin tilted down to peer into her beatiful face. "You told me your siren song did not work in this form," He said again, reiterating the conversation they had earlier that evening. Only this time, his tone was not one of anger nor confusion. His voice was soft, low, methodically rumbling and perhaps even sultry as he grew closer still. He came to a stop just a couple of feet from her, close enough that she may feel the warmth of his body next to hers.

"And yet again...here I find myself in quite the predicament." A soft and slightly flirtatious smirk played loosely at the corner of his lips, his fiery eyes alight like flame. "I cannot be convinced otherwise that your voice has done something to me. Or perhaps...you have." He reached calmly above their heads, resting a hand on the wooden rails above the bed. "Prove me wrong..." His voice rumbled just above a whisper.

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 14, 2024 11:03 PM

ANTIDOTE

Neutral

Give Award

Cael stood quietly by the light fires that trickled to embers in the fireplace, her heart still fast as she watched Pritchard come to. Her stomach twisted uncomfortably, she did not like this feeling that ripped at her body, she did not understand it. She felt vulnerable, never having been in such a position before, she had opened up her caring heart that had been sealed so many years ago. Her brows furrowed as he explained his confusion, questioning her reasons for not killing him and all of his men. She had explained it before, what did he not understand? She had to remember that people did not trust her, they thought of her as a monster.

“I have told you, I don’t just kill because it brings me joy or satisfaction, for so long I had been terrified of my abilities, disgusted in myself that I was killing men. I have made you and your men a promise, I am one to keep my word. If I had killed you and taken my belongings, it would have reminded me each day I looked at it that I killed the only man willing to help me, who treated me more than just a burden to this world. For that I will help you in the ways I can.” She spoke. “I came to you because I do know the burden of night terrors. They are horrifying, so realistic. I know the feeling of being drowned by your own thoughts and breath and I do not wish it upon any others. It makes you feel weak, pitiful, as if you are nothing, and it is not something someone should deal with alone.” She added, her voice softening.

She sighed, looking towards the embers as she caught her breath, only to look back as she heard his footsteps approaching. “Make you feel?” she questioned, “I don't…” She paused, her breath hitching as he got closer. His body lingered over her once more, the warmth of his body upon her cool skin. “It…. it does not work, if it had, your men would have heard and come running, I do not understand how it is changing your feelings.” She said, clearly confused, her words starting to quicken. “I do not understand what you are feeling but it is not from my voice or doings” She added, looking back up to him.

His fiery eyes looked into her pools of confusion, her heart beating rapidly against her chest as her breath quickened. She felt now as if she was drowning in her own body, her mind incapable of understanding. “I have done nothing” She said harshly, watching as his hand placed itself just above them, that look in his eyes boring holes in her. She was silent for a moment, her mind trying to grasp onto anything it could. “Prove me wrong…” He said, so quietly yet it felt so loud in her mind.

She took a breath, her eyes never leaving his as her lips parted. The moonlight reflected off the two so perfectly, their damp skin glistening. No words could leave her mouth at first, just a breath. “Hear my voice beneath the sea, sleeping now so peacefully. At the bottom of the sea, sleep for all eternity. Sailors live so restlessly, come with me, sleep peacefully. Listen to this siren’s song, worry not for nothing’s wrong.” She sang softly, her voice having no effect. There was no draw to her voice, no yearning to fall to her knees, there was nothing, just a normal singing voice coming from a beautiful lady.

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 15, 2024 12:25 AM

Caribou Creek

Neutral

Give Award

A similar sense of frustration washed over him yet again as she told him the same thing as before, claiming her voice had truly done nothing, and that she didn't kill for fun like others did. He said nothing, continuing to let her speak, to hear her words and take them to heart. If she was telling the truth about everything, he wasn't sure if that made things better or worse. He could deal with her if she was lying, but if she was speaking god honest truth...what did that mean for him?

He remained close to her, his eyes burning into her as she opened her mouth to sing once more, her voice quiet and soft, filled with as much beauty as the rest of her. His brows furrowed slightly, frustration and a bit of fear building within his chest. He knew she was not lying, he knew things would be much different if her song was to have been true. His breath hitched slightly within his throat, unwilling to admit aloud that his feelings were not coming from any sort of power she held. He refused to believe them to be what he thought. Infatuation? Perhaps. Anything more? Strictly impossible and forbidden.

Just as before, although her songs had no affected him in the way a siren's song should, he still felt a warm sensation bubbling within his chest. His gaze flitted downwards into her face, his expression for the moment unreadable, although there was a hint of stubborn irritation within the tension along his jaw. He was silent for a few moments, debating on if there was any argument he could make, anything he could say to validate himself and his feelings...but there was nothing.

For the first time, he felt a strange heat against his chest, burning only slightly into his skin where the pendent sat resting. It caused his skin to prickle, the hair along the nape of his neck rising. He reached a hand upwards to rest on it, his gaze flitting momentarily downwards at it before looking back at her. He decided against questioning her, a little afraid that she wouldn't know the answer of why anyway. Perhaps it was just his mind playing tricks, afterall it had faded now. He lightly shook his head, letting out a small sigh.

"Alright," He finally said, giving up. He ran a hand through his hair, backing up from her a little. He wanted nothing more than to just be rid of whatever this feeling was he had burning within him. What about her was so addicting and comforting? "I believe you." He turned, walking towards his desk to take another big drink, wishing he understood. He looked back over at her, her pretty form bathed in the cool light of the moon, a soft warm glow barely highlighting her from the embers of the fire.

His heart fluttered then sank, a feeling he tried to push away. "Listen, Cael," He started softly, slowly walking back towards her, although this time he remained a respectful distance. "I'm...I'm sorry for what you've been through, truly, I am. I believe you to speak truth. But...but don't feel inclined to help men like me." He felt his throat hitch a little. "I may not intend to harm you, but I'm not worthy at all of your protection, grace, or pity. Whatever your damn trinket seems to think." He added on with a slight chuckle, a teasing glint in his warm, flickering eyes. "You should get some rest." He gently reached out, taking a single of her small hands into one of his, bringing it softly to his lips in a respectful kiss.

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 15, 2024 01:00 AM

ANTIDOTE

Neutral

Give Award

Her song faded to nothing, stopping once she could see Pritchard realizing the truth, his jaw tightening and his breath changing. She went quiet, letting him take in the reality of their situation. She did not know what was happening between the two of them, why they had both begun to feel this way. They had known each other for less than a day still but something was determined to reveal some hidden truth, but they were both so blind and unaware. She sighed softly as he wandered back to his desk, feeling able to breathe once again as he did not linger over her. Why did this all have to happen, why couldn't she do as he said, just take the necklace and escape, deal with her thoughts later? She just couldn't.

His voice said her name softly, a tingle running down her spine as he did so, his body walking back towards her. She listened to his words, his explanation of his feelings and it caused her to slightly tilt her head, her face holding a confused expression. “Why do you see yourself as not worthy enough?” she asked. “You have done nothing but show me kindness, though both of us are hard headed in our ways, you still took the time and resources to show me hope, to show a creature known for the death of men. You showed me respect from the first moment, gathering clothes, giving me decency. Gave me your food and your bed. I see that being a worthy enough man to help.” She explained as she looked up to him, taking a step forward.

“That necklace does not lie, hell it is magic for crying out loud, do you think magic can lie?” She asked. She sighed softly, looking down for a moment. “I do not know the answers, but that necklace has brought us together for some reason, and I must choose to believe it is right. It may be confusing now, but maybe down the line in our journey it will show us the meaning.” She said looking back up to him. “We will have our disagreements, you have the right to be wary of me, for what I am, but just know I just want to get to the end and return to my normal life. I do not want any more unnecessary deaths, I just want my necklace and my life back.”

She felt so vulnerable, opening to this man she did not know, but in that moment he felt safe. She was quiet as she looked into his eyes, though her breath caught in her throat once more as his hand gently took hers, his lips placing a kiss upon her cool skin. Lighting flew through her veins, her body stiffening. She did not know what to do or say at that moment. The tingles subsided as he let their hands fall apart, Pritchard telling her she should get some rest. It took a second but she nodded, moving back to the bed once he had stepped away.

She sighed, stopping herself as she stood at its side, holding the sheet gently in her hand. “You need actual rest too, there is enough room for both of us” she said, meaning no ill intent. He could not be comfortable sleeping in that chair, especially after his terrors. “You cannot sleep there every night so we might as well become used to it.” She added, turning her head slightly to look at him. Carefully she climbed in, pulling the sheets around her, facing the walls. It would be a close fit, but she was small enough that there was a decent bit of room for each of them.

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 15, 2024 02:16 AM

Caribou Creek

Neutral

Give Award

The young captain didn't want to believe her words, much less take them as compliments. He truly did not feel worthy to deserve such grace. No matter whatever kindess he'd done her, that did not wipe his slate clear of the numerous wicked deeds he'd committed over the years. One good deed was not enough to redeem a man from a lifetime of wickedness.

"Magic or not," He began softly, "You know not of the horrors I've committed." In his amber gaze there was a flicker of honest shame, guilt over his past atrocities making itself known. He'd played a part in truly unspeakable acts, whether he'd intended to or not, and that much could not be denied. He looked at her for another moment, listening as she spoke of how she just wanted her life back. He hesitated only briefly before guiding her hand back to his chest, purposefully brushing her fingers along the shining blue pendent. His gaze stayed focused on her, unable to tear it away. "You will," He rumbled softly. "I can promise you that much."

His stubble brushed lightly against her skin as he'd kissed her hand, her fingers dropping away from his as he'd let go, beginning to turn away back to his chair. He grabbed the bottle of opened rum that he'd set on his desk, lifting it to his lips and drinking some more. Maybe if he drank enough he could pass out and sleep comfortably through the night with no further nightmares or unsettling dreams. Perhaps he could also forget that this odd closeness between them had ever happened.

Her voice reached his ears once more, and he set the glass bottle down with a soft clink. He kept his back to her for now, listening to what she had to say. Her offer of sharing the bed sent a shiver tingling down his spine, the implications ever present in his mind despite her intentions. He was a promiscuous soul by nature, so the simple suggestion was enough to make him prickle with desire, no matter how small. But recognizing she did not mean it in that way, his shoulders relaxed. He turned to face her, his eyes drifting over her form as he debated.

He glanced over at his chair and that godforsaken desk, remembering how the discomfort of it felt against his muscles and poked awkwardly against his bones. Wordlessly, he walked over to her in a silent gesture of acceptance. He lightly gestured his hand in a motion for her to crawl in first, before sitting on the edge of the mattress. He pulled off his boots, not wanting to stain the sheets with their grime. He had bathed himself in town earlier, so he was much less dirty than he'd been in the past, and the rain had also done him many favors. He waited until she'd rolled over away from him before slipping his shirt off over his head, discarding it loosely onto the wooden floor.

It would be a tight fit, but it was not the first time he'd shared a bed. He could manage just fine. He cast one more look over his shoulder at her before slipping into the sheet, quickly enveloping into darkness.

A few days later...

After the big storm their first night, the rest of their days had been clear and calm, the sky and sea aiding them in their voyage. Pritchard stood at the wheel, his old and worn compass in his hand, open to the sky. The small red arrow flickered, keeping him steady in the direction needed traveled. The men below were calm, some doing their chores while others lazed about with one another.

"Just a few hours we'll be pulling into Tunstead," His voice carried to Caeliana. "We'll make port there, run into town and have a few drinks, grab some more supplies." He carefully adjusted the wheel, keeping them on course. The skies were clear, and for once the heat had died down, a chilly breeze ruffling through his hair.

"I'll keep with you if that's alright with you, lass," He said, flashing her a teasing grin. "If you need anythin' to buy I'll toss a few pretty coins your way." He winked playfully at her before turning his attention back to the waters ahead.

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 15, 2024 03:33 AM

ANTIDOTE

Neutral

Give Award

Cael sighed softly as they laid side by side, her back to his form. His body instantly heated the air and the sheets they shared, a welcoming warmth that she had never felt before. Slowly she began to drift back to slumber, her dreams once more absent, just darkness. Throughout the rest of the night the two slept separately and on their own respective sides of the bed. Though Cael had flipped over, facing him, one arm rested under her head the other outstretched ever so slightly. Her fingers rested just barely grazing the skin of his arm. The night was still long enough to get a good amount of rest, the following day holding a new adventure.

-A Few Days Later-

Cael had been in a deep sleep still by the time Pritchard awoke, her small frame engulfed in the sheets and blankets peacefully. Her body did not want to get up, to leave the comforts she had felt for the first time. Pritchard had been up and ready for about an hour before she woke, her eyes greeting an empty room. Slowly she raised herself from the bed, a small yawn leaving her lips as she stood. She fixed the way the clothes sat on her body, brushing a strand of hair back as she made her way towards the door. She was greeted by the bright sunlight, the sound of men chattering and of course Pritchard standing at the wheel.

“Good Morning” she spoke softly as she excited, the sun shining against her skin as she made it to his side, looking out over the crew below. The men worked well together, some singing tunes and others joking around, it was quite the change for her to see these men at work rather than their lustful looks due to her voice.

Cael looked to Pritchard as he explained the plans, going into town for supplies and what not, a dropping feeling in her stomach. “Are you sure I should go?” She asked. She was nervous, unaware of the world behind the sea. She had no clue how to act, speak, nothing. What if someone somehow recognized her? It was almost impossible but what if. Pritchard had reassured her she would be fine, of course tossing in a bit of his teases as well. Cael gave him her signature glare before she turned to make her way back inside. She was starving, and had learned to love the fruit that humans ate, she loved her apples.

A few hours had passed and they finally could see the port in view. The men below got to their positions, ready to dock. One man had fetched a long coat for Cael, something a bit more concealing than the oversized coat and pants. Her heart pounded in her chest, the fastest it ever had. She was terrified that something would go wrong, hell the last time she was on land she was being sold. What if Pritchard changed his mind?

Cael watched all the men work together, docking the ship and preparing for descent. Cael stayed quiet and by Pritchard’s side the whole time, she felt more comfort with him now then any other man or being alone. As they walked the streets her curious mind wandered, looking at all the goods. Produces, textiles, spice, tools you name it this place had it.

Minutes were passing quickly, especially as Pritchard explained everything for her. What items were, what they needed to, anything that she did not know. He had excused himself to speak to a man of business when Caeliana had stepped off. Her small frame made it easy to slip through the town, disappearing within the crowds. She looked around some more before finding a dress shop. She was so surprised, everything was so beautiful. She stepped inside, running her fingers over the fabric, taking in all the details.

Edited at July 15, 2024 11:27 AM by ANTIDOTE
ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 15, 2024 12:06 PM

Caribou Creek

Neutral

Give Award

"Morning," Pritchard said in reply as Cael emerged from the cabin. His eyes briefly wandered over her, noticing the way her skin shimmered in the sun. Silently, he admired it. "Of course you should go." He answered her, turning his gaze away to look down at the crew for a minute, just to observe. "You'll be with me, there's nothing to worry about." He was an infamous soul among these waters despite his young age. Known as 'Blackmane' by any who'd had the misfortunes of encountering the Black Dahlia while flying under his colors. He was not a captain strictly run by violence, but his record wasn't clear of it, either. Sending ships and sailors into the black oblivion of Jones' Locker, raiding merchant coastal towns on the outskirts of large kingdoms, leading more than one royal navy to their deaths while in pursuit of him, and disappearing without a trace were only some of the stories spread about him.

Most islands or towns he decided to make port in were towns full of people who dared not try their luck with him or hs crew, so if Cael stayed by his side she would have nothing to fear.

The hours went by quickly, and as the port began to come into view, Pritchard began his command. He instructed the men as he always did, keeping his hand steadily on the wheel. His compass clicked shut and fell back to its place on his hip. "Alright you filty buggards, you have till sundown! Grab as many supplies as you can afford, have a drink, get yourself some pleasurable company, and have a jolly good time while we're here this evening!"

As they entered the town, Pritchard made sure to stay close by Cael for a good while. He walked her through the busy streets, showing her things of importance and explaining what certain goods or items were and what they were used for. He took them to a merchant stand full of jewelry and other items, and was patient as he let her look at all of them. "Whatever you like you can have, just point it out," He told her kindly, his voice uncharacteristically soft and warm. "Go on, you can pick more than one." After she'd secured her items, he dropped several silver coins into the merchant's hands, offering his thanks and walking away.

He also bought her some fruit for a snack as they walked through the streets. The young captain turned his attention to a businessman standing on the corner, walking over to him to speak. It was at this moment he hadn't realized Cael slipping away from him, disappearing quickly into the crowds. He and the man exchanged many words, speaking of life in the city and how things have changed since last time he made port. It must have been over ten minutes of chatting before Pritchard finally secured from him what he'd come over for; a pretty golden painted hairbrush with small blue gems encrusted into the handle. He thanked the man for his time and business, before turning to face his companion only to find her gone.

A look of panic washed over his face for a moment, and he slipped the expensive brush into his satchel as he looked around. His amber eyes swept the crowds, his heart beginning to pick up its pace. Where was she? Had she wandered off or had she been taken? Was she hurt? Kidnapped?

"Cael," He said, his voice coming out a bit quieter at first. "Cael?" He repeated, taking a few steps away from the corner and more into the streets. "Cael! Caeliana!" Worry and fear began to creep into his chest as he stepped fully into the busy streets, his eyes sweeping the crowds as he searched for the young siren.

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2    3    4    5    6    7 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us