Wolf Play : ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)
Chatbox
 The Unknown
02:25:18 Unknown | Dark
Ooo okay! I love exploring and I found out that if I buy enough moves at once I make a profit off grinding so I'm going to grind explore all day
 The Unknown
02:24:30 Unknown | Dark
Lol of course during winter. Where should I go for winter then?
 Boeing
02:24:14 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Unknown
Once you unlock Jungle, of you want mush then you never leave lop
 Inferno Abyss
02:24:11 Raven, Flame
Unknown
Depends on your preference. I use Jungle :')
 technoblade
02:24:03 Lil Techy | Techno
Unknown

Forest is the best during any season but winter
 The Unknown
02:23:21 Unknown | Dark
Which is the best for mush grinding? I've been going through the forest to level up
 Ecifircas
02:21:58 
For every 10 overall territory levels you have, you unlock a new terrain. So you unlock Swamp at overall territory level 10, and Jungle at 20, and so on until you unlock Tundra at level 50.
 teddy
02:21:12 its yellow
mac
i think 10
 Boeing
02:20:56 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Rogue
Every 10 levels
 Rogue Wildfires
02:20:30 Mac and Cheese
How many levels do you need to change your location you explore in?
 Boeing
02:20:13 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
Amy what are you doing
 Desolation
02:17:36 Deso the 👻
I gotta bounce

Peace chat <3
 Tiny Village
02:15:26 Tiny
Good afternoon
 Amygdala
02:13:43 Amy/Anpmygdala
LW nimble foot...not to bad for dodging attacks
-WP Click-
 Amygdala
02:11:58 Amy/Anpmygdala
-WP Click-

Goddamit why are you not HW🥲
 Poe
02:02:36 
-WP Click-
He is quite the cutie.
 Inferno Abyss
02:01:41 Raven, Flame
Bounce
Aww, well you deserve each other. I'm sure he'll keep doing you well :D
 Nevermore.
02:00:45 Never/Nev
Fiery

He does *^* Makes me wonder every day what I did to deserve such a horse. He is a dream come true 😭
 Inferno Abyss
01:58:44 Raven, Flame
Deso
XD It was totally worth it! I have 6k to douse you with next year >:3
 Inferno Abyss
01:57:45 Raven, Flame
Bounce
Nice! Best jumper style. ..he's got class ;)

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Green Python : -1
Badger : -2
Arctic Fox : -4
    Winter   Day  Weather:  Blizzard

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2    3    4    5   ..   7 

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 11, 2024 06:18 PM

ANTIDOTE

Neutral

Give Award

Cael quietly and carefully followed the tall man across the ship and up to the quarterdeck, watching the men part a path for them, quickly scurrying to their stations as his deep voice boomed. As they stood on the quarter deck, her eyes scanned the ship and men below, watching them all work together to get the ship moving. She stayed still, standing at the edge of the small table placed for the map, her mind distracted. She held an uncomfortable frame, her arms tucked to her body as if protecting herself still, her brows still furrowed softly. This was all too much for her, too sudden. This change in hospitality was a shock to her system.

As Pritchard spoke, wanting the directions of their travels she pulled her mind from her thoughts, looking to him before to the map. She moved closer, pushing the long sleeves up as her slender fingers traced over the parchment. Her eyes scanned the words and marks, taking in everything that was written down. She may have lived in the sea but she had devoted her whole time to finding her necklace that she never realized how much was out there. “Through the cursed sea and high castle rocks” She stated, tracing her finger over the path, “Once through high castle, we will sail west to the reefs, just beyond is a sunken island, in the caves are the treasures. You stay at the reefs, your ship will not make it past. There are sirens and creatures more dangerous than I. I will need my necklace before I travel down, it is the only way” She warned. “It is only afterwards that the true danger begins, there may be some who come after, the creatures there are fond of their treasures” She added.

She watched as Pritchard spun the wheel, the men below scattering and acknowledging his commands. As the door behind them opened quickly she flinched ever so slightly, her nerves on high alert. She let out a soft breath, realizing it was just the cook leaving. She looked back to Pritchard who led the way inside, hesitating at first. He did not seem much of a threat as the other men, they would have just dragged her inside. Inside the cabin her eyes squinted slightly, adjusting to the change in light before scanning the room. This siren seemed more curious than a bloodthirsty killer, slowly walking along the wooden walls, looking at the artifacts that lined them. Carefully she picked up a golden telescope, holding it in her hands as she examined it. She looked to Pritchard as he motioned to the table, quietly moving over and sitting. As the food was placed before her, her eyes just grew more curious, her finger softly poking the meat before her. She had never seen this before, let alone the wine and apple.

She ate fish, she drank water, this food was foreign to her. Though as he set the cup of water down she gladly drank it, her body dehydrated. Her skin shimmered against the lantern light, as if her skin were made of specs of diamond and gold dust, her nails sharpening once more. She set the empty cup down, looking across the table as Pritchard sat. “What do you wish to know?” She asked as she looked back to the meat, tearing a piece off to eat. She did not know how to use the silverware provided, it was something she never had to worry about. The meat tasted delicious to her starved body, the siren focusing more on the food than the man before her.

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 11, 2024 08:14 PM

Caribou Creek

Neutral

Give Award

Layre furrowed his brow a little as she told him she would need the necklace before, warning him and his crew to stay behind. He didn't argue against it, at least he wouldn't for now. But he wasn't keen on just handing it over to her and letting her free, leaving them stranded in one of the most dangerous parts of the sea. He knew better than to trust a siren. "As you wish, lass," He said simply, turning the wheel. They would cross that bridge when they came to it.

He kept a watchful yet relaxed eye on her as they entered the cabin, the door closing softly behind him. He wasn't worried about her breaking or stealing anything, so he didn't much mind as she walked about, looking at and touching things. He was more than a little amused by her, but still distrustful and cautious. He sat down, continuing to watch her as she poked at the meat. A faint smirk tugged at his lips, but he said nothing of it, simply taking a sip of wine. "Well first off, I'd love to know your name, lass," He said. "If there is such a thing you go by. I'd rather know the name of the person I'm entrusting." He sliced into the meat, taking a bite as he watched her drink the water he'd given her. Like any man, he wasn't shy of noticing her beauty, and he didn't do much to hide it either. He cared not what she thought of him, right now he held the upper hand anyway. If she posed a threat he'd simply kill her. She could do nothing without her power.

He paused, waiting for her to get some more food in her stomach before attempting to prod or ask any more questions. "Secondly," He said after a few moments, continuing to eat and drink himself. "I'd like to know how those men managed to catch a beauty such as yourself, despite you killing half their crew?" It would be beneficial to know how they'd captured her just in case the need arose, but he also was simply just curious. No pirates that he'd heard of had succeeded in capturing a siren...or if they had they hadn't lived long enough to tell the tale of doing so. Had she been distracted? Her necklace glittered around his chest, candlelight flickering softly in the darkness to cast a warm glow over the pair. He stood up, taking her empty cup and refilling it again with water. He knew she was thirsty, and maybe part of him held a certain thrill in the danger of continuing to give it to her. Afraid of her powers yet entranced all the same. The very thing that led so many to their watery graves.

"Thirdly," He said, setting the refilled cup back down in front of her, but remaining standing. "How long exactly have you been searching for this?" He gestured to the necklace, greatly intrigued to know the answer. How many years had she wandered the seas, how many men had she killed in the hopes one of them would have it? Why had fate given it to him? And why now had their paths crossed? He wasn't one to believe much in fate or destiny, but he couldn't ignore the coincidence. He placed both hands on the table, bending down close to her, his amber gaze fiercely staring into her oceanic pools as he lowered his voice, rumbling just above a whisper. "How many men have you killed in searching for the very trinket that has lain upon my chest this whole time?" He asked her. "How far are you willing to go to get it back?" He held eye contact with her, intimidating yet...sultry.

"Just what exactly have I gotten myself into by striking up a deal with you?" He questioned. "Can I trust you to hold your word?" He finally stood back up straight to his full height, looking down at her. "Personally, I'm not too keen on letting you swim away into the depths while I'm expected to wait aboard my ship." He picked up the empty dishes, walking over to dispose of them. "How can I trust that you simply won't abandon myself and my crew in one of the darkest and most dangerous parts of the sea? Only to be devoured by your kin in a trap once you have what you've been searching for..."

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 11, 2024 09:06 PM

ANTIDOTE

Neutral

Give Award

Cael enjoyed the flavor of everything, never having tasted anything similar before, it may have been simple to humans, but it was quite a treat for the siren. She looked up as he asked his first question, her name. Did she truly want to let this stranger know who she was? No, but she needed his trust if this plan was to work well. Her bright eyes looked to his, her hand resting down, “Caeliana” She finally said. What an unusual name, one not from the lands, “I like Cael as well” She added before taking another bite of meat. He let her enjoy her food before he spoke again, finally the aching feeling in her stomach slowly subsiding. She reached forward to the wine glass, bringing it to her lips for a taste. She coughed slightly, the harsh taste quite a shock for her causing her to set it back down.

Cael played with the stitching on the sleeve of her shirt as he continued to eat, only looking away when he spoke. His next question was a tough one, one that reminded her how stupid she had been. She sighed softly, shaking her head a bit. “I was a fool, I had let my guard down. The men were dropping quickly and as I moved sides they dropped some sort of weighted net. Those men knew what they were doing, the pattern in the webbing intricate enough to entrap me” She spoke, looking away once more. When she looked back, her eyes could only catch her necklace, the crystal inside calling to her. This man had no clue what he held in his grasp. The lights flickered across those blue orbs, moving to his as he stood to fill her cup.

She watched the man cross the room, his steps slow as the questions burned in his mind. How long had she been searching for her prized possession? She had lost count, “10 or so years now” She stated with a soft sigh. 10 long, exhausting, painful years. “I had traveled to land one day, in my younger years. I was so curious, so naive, so innocent. I had heard of women wearing beautiful dresses, the lovely foods, everything that humans enjoyed, so one day I went. I was wrong, blinded by fantasy. They were so horrid, the men.” She began, looking towards the candlelight. “A man grabbed me, hurt me, left me for dead on the sand, and stole everything from me. That necklace was taken, the only thing I have to remember my mother by.” She explained. She was not going to go into detail of what the necklace entailed, it would not be useful to him, but that necklace meant everything to her.

She finally looked back to him as his steps neared, his hands setting on the table as he bent in closer. The heat from his face radiated on her skin as his fiery eyes looked into her. “I have killed many men. I vowed to not stop until I got what was stolen from me, ripped from my bloody body.” She said sternly, keeping her gaze with his. “They have all been the same, men who torture, kill, abuse, I am no different then them, but because I am not human, I am seen as a monster.” She added, her voice just above a whisper as well, her eyes sharp. She kept her gaze, not backing down until he finally stood tall once again, his body towering over the siren.

“You cannot trust me, as I cannot trust you to give your end of the deal either, but here we are.” She stated. “I have no enjoyment in what I do, but it is necessary. I just want a peaceful life for myself, I didn't kill for the longest of times until my life depended on it. Humans think we are all the same, that we all pull men in, devour their bodies and bones, that we sink ships, and while yes, I could, I don't like it. There are sirens out there that do this for fun, as if it's a game. They hunt in packs, bringing down whole vessels just to play, I on the other hand just want what is mine so I can finally rest.” She said as she stood from the table.

“Don't trust me, but then you will leave empty handed as well, that necklace is nothing but decoration to you. See it as those men out there, did you trust them at first? Those strangers who have come from all paths of life, I doubt that you have, but over time and working together, those men are your own now. They trust you with their lives, especially now letting me on board.” She explained as she walked some more, looking at everything, finally at the end turning to face him once again.

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 11, 2024 11:03 PM

Caribou Creek

Neutral

Give Award

Judas hummed lightly in his throat as she said her name, nodding a little as his eyes dropped for a moment. "Nice to meet you properly then, Caeliana," He spoke, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "If by chance you hadn't heard from anyone else, my name is Judas. Specifically, Judas Layre Pritchard, but I go by any of those at any given time." He explained, taking another drink. He wasn't picky with what others called him, not even picky if they addressed him by his proper title. He couldn't help but chuckle a little at her distaste of the wine, amused.

When she began to relay her story of capture, he listened intently, his gaze flickering over her as if to study her body language. Observant, cunning, and dangerous of a man was he, but not as dangerous as others. At least not in the same way. "Hmm," He hummed once she'd finished her story. He ran his tongue over his teeth beneath closed lips, thinking. "It strikes me odd they chose to barter you off instead of slitting your throat." He remarked. His tone was not unkind, but it wasn't the most comforting of tones either. "Perhaps it was some sort of twisted fate that they chose to sell you on the streets, with me unknowingly being led right to you." He smirked at her a little, his expression unclear if he meant ill or well.

"Ten years is a long time to search for such a small trinket," He commented once she'd finished her story. He knew not of what that necklace truly meant to her, nor of its true power. But he could sympathize at least a little with her. "Men are indeed vile creatures, that much I can agree with." He said as he bent close to her. Impressed by her unwillingness to break from his gaze, he grinned.

"You're right," He said after she'd finished, turning to watch her as she rose from the table, walking through the cabin. "But I trust no man, I trust no woman." He stood still for a moment, his eyes glittering darkly. "Those men out there may trust me with their lives indeed, but our trust in each other only runs so far. Pirates will be pirates, men will be men." He took a dangerous few steps closer to her, the necklace thumping softly against his chest. "This journey will only lead them to their deaths. They will not survive the songs of your people, no matter how far away they may seem, and yet...they still choose to sail under my command." He backed her up slowly against the wall, placing one arm against it above her head, his chin tilted downwards to look at her face.

"I want that compass." He said lowly, his eye contact unyielding. He kept his body far enough from her that she could duck under him and move if she so wished. "But so long as we don't trust one another, I will not let you go below those depths leaving me stranded in those dark waters with nothing." He let his fingers dance softly over the trinket around his neck. "It's not just a useless trinket to me, either, Cael," He crooned. He let go of the wall, backing up but still eyeing her. "Everything changed the day I was traded this necklace of yours. You know what he told me? The man who gave it to me?" He asked. "He said it gave him nothin' but bad luck. His family dead just days after taking it, the ocean itself sinking his ship, his crew. Wherever he went, bad luck followed." Pritchard smirked. "I'm not a man to believe such tales, so I took it in stride to appease his spirits. But since that day...my luck has indeed shifted."

He turned, walking to the barrel of water and refilling her cup once again, his steps slow and confident, steady. "I was named Quartmaster and Captain just 3 days later. Led my men to riches beyond our wildest dreams. No storm could sink our ship, we ruled these seas. We ruled the tides." His gaze was hot, burning into her as he handed her the cup once more. "I can't just sit by and pretend that luck was for nothing at all. And I'm sure as hell not going to risk losing everything it's brought me by returning it to you without getting that compass first."

"There must be another way. If not I will make one. If my ship is to sink so be it. If my men are to die so be it."

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 11, 2024 11:33 PM

ANTIDOTE

Neutral

Give Award

Cael watched as the man slowly stepped closer and closer, the black boots upon his feet clicking against the wooden boards below them. Her body stiffened as he neared, this large frame blocking out the candlelight behind him. She was quiet, holding back her sharp tongue knowing she would just put herself in a tricky situation. She kept her footing, kept her gaze, that was until he was right there, his body heat close to her cold frame. She stepped back, her hands behind her hitting the wooden cupboard behind her. She kept her eyes locked in, brows furrowed.

An ever so slight twinge of a flinch flicked through her body as he raised his arm above her, his gaze looking down upon the siren. She kept her hands behind her, her fingertips grasping to the wood. As he spoke of the compass once more and their trust, a smirk slowly played on her smile, those soft pink lips curling up. “Well I guess over our travels we will be learning how to trust one another” she said softly, her eyes flicking between his.

When he had left her, she had stepped away, it felt as if a breath of air had filled her lungs. She turned, about to say she would like to rest but paused in her tracks. “Luck?” She questioned as she turned and looked at him. “You’ve experienced luck while you’ve had that?” She added as her face furrowed in confusion. That was not supposed to happen, it was supposed to be misfortune to those who don’t deserve it.

She faced him and walked closer, looking at the necklace, her face still confused.. “That’s not…. That’s not supposed to happen” she said out loud to herself. Within steps she was right in front of him, and before he could draw a weapon she extended her hand, letting the pendant sit in the fingers as she closed her eyes. Seconds later she opened and looked up to him, “Those who wear this that are not deemed worthy are supposed to receive terrible misfortune. How are you deemed worthy of a siren's power?” She questioned, letting her hand fall back down. “I…I don’t understand” she said turning as the woman began to pace.

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 12, 2024 12:17 AM

Caribou Creek

Neutral

Give Award

Pritchard couldn't stop the chuckle that left his throat upon her words of having to learn to trust each other. Stubborn as he was, he had to give her that. Silently impressed, and silently infatuated. His somewhat haughty look was replaced by one of intrigue as she questioned his manner of luck. He stood still as she approached him, her dainty fingers reaching up to let the pendent sit between them. His brow furrowed, more interested now than he'd been before. "Worthy?" He questioned, for once his tone one of genuine curiosity, bare of its usual sarcastic tone. She turned away, looking to be confused and perhaps even a bit worried. He looked down at the pendent on his chest, his own fingers gently bringing it up to his face, examining it softly.

He'd rarely taken it off in all the years he'd had it with him, and never once had any immense misfortune come his way while wearing it. "What was it supposed to do, strike me dead?" He sarcastically teased after a moment, his gaze shifting towards her again. The loud crack of thunder split suddenly overhead, causing a slightly worried expression to cross over his face. No. He thought, feeling a brief sense of panic. Not now, not after all these years will I let the luck run out. Without a second word, he breezed out of the cabin, the door pushed open by the sudden strong gales of wind. His hair flowed in waves around his face as he peered onto the deck below, his men shouting to one another as they gripped the ropes of the sails, trying to keep her steady.

He gripped the pendent in one hand as he grabbed the wheel with the other. "Steady men!" He shouted to them below. He tilted his chin to the sky, his brow furrowed in frustration and confusion. Thunder rumbled again, and suddenly it began to pour.

Rain, heavy and solid, pelted down among the crew, the ocean roiling in waves. Pritchard steadied his grip on the wheel, shouting commands to the men below. "It's just a storm gents, it'll pass as always! Keep her steady!" Outwardly his voice and posture boomed with confidence, but internally he was beginning to feel nervous. Why now had a storm come up so sudden in the midst of his talk about the pendend bringing him luck? Were the gods angry? He began to worry even more upon realizing that rain meant there was nowhere outside of the cabin that Cael could go that would prevent her from turning. Anger flared.

Why now?! He thought, gritting his teeth. So far the ship was steady, aside from the waves bashing and rocking her. The entire deck was flooded, dousing the men with each wave that crashed aboard. The skies had been so clear just an hour before....he didn't understand...

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 12, 2024 12:51 AM

ANTIDOTE

Neutral

Give Award

“For a normal human not worthy, it slowly ruins your life. First your wealth, your friends, your family then yourself. But how are you gaining the luck? It makes no sense.” She said, shaking her head as she paced, trying to think of a reasonable answer. Her thoughts were disrupted as a loud crack of thunder boomed through the sky. The waves below began to slowly pick up, the wind beginning to howl against the glass panes on the windows.

Turning she watched as Pritchard made his way out of the cabin door, as she followed, the wind caught the door and pushed it open for her. She stood just in the doorway, looking up to the sky that had grown dark, the thick clouds covering the moon. She watched as Pritchard instructed his men, his eyes looking to the sky.

Within seconds the sky opened up, rain pouring down in harsh amounts, blinding the air in front of you. Thunder cracked once more, sending shivers through the wood of the ship. Cael quickly stepped back out of the way, staying covered by the doorframe. She badly wanted to run, to jump in the sea and be free but she knew she couldn’t if she wanted her necklace back.

That was it, her necklace. Water sloshed on the deck below, men shouting to each other as they tried to steady the ship and sails. Everyone was soaked, their loose shorts now clinging to their skin. Lightning strikes out on the sea, illuminating the men for just a moment.

“Pritchard!” She called out to the man who steered the ship. He could not hear her, “Pritchard!” She called again, cupping her hands over her mouth. When he turned so called out “Give me the necklace” she said, watching as his face changed, “Promise me, we can start our trust now” she said as he made his way over.

His frame towered over her for a moment before he reluctantly took the necklace off, handing it to her. She nodded and slipped it on, stepping inside the cabin. She closed her eyes and softly began to hum, her voice soft as she stood. Slowly she began to sing louder, though her voice had no affect, she was not in her siren form so the men would be fine. Her hair glistened gold, her necklace shining a bright white light.

The rain still pounded down, men below trying to scoop water out with buckets, but the tide calmed, the harsh, deadly waves becoming light rolling waves to just keep the boat moving and steady. Cael continued for a few minutes, making sure all was well before she stopped singing and opened her eyes. The ship was finally steady although the storm outside continued. Cael smiled softly at her creation, a calm sea. She took the necklace off, handing it back to Pritchard, “we can start our journey of trust here” she said, holding the necklace in her palm.

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 12, 2024 01:42 AM

Caribou Creek

Neutral

Give Award

He couldn't be sure as to why he'd been so lucky these past several years either, now more confused than ever as she explained its normal effects. What made him so special?

As the storm raged, his fear of losing the battle against the waves began to rise. For the first time in years, he felt unsure of what the outcome would be. "Come on, men!" He shouted, begging them to continue to try their best. His grip on the wheel was tight, but the waves were making it hard to keep it steady, unable to turn the way he wanted, the ocean roiling beneath the ship. His thoughts whirled violently in his head, struggling for the first time to find a solution.

"Pritchard!"

He heard his name being called, Caeliana's voice barely audible above the violence of the storm. He whipped his head around to face her, stumbling slightly as the ship groaned, tipping slightly sideways as a gale of wind rushed into the sails, a large wave crashing into and over the side. His expression twisted into one of distrust and anger as she demanded the necklace, his heart pounding furiously within. "You're mad!" He yelled at her, thunder crashing loudly above. "What makes you think I should give this to you? Now?! In proper weather for you to abandon us!" As if the very sea itself was arguing against him, the boat was tipped again, sending him slipping. The wheel rapidly began to spin as his hands left it, the crewman below screaming as they lost their hold on the sails.

"We can start our trust now!" She shouted. His hands gripped the railing of the quarterdeck, his long dark hair soaked and heavy, his clothes plastered to his skin. His very bones were chilled, the temperature of the water frigid as ice. Reluctantly, he made his way to her, one hand grabbing onto the frame of the doorway as the other slipped the necklace from himself. He hesitated, his greed unwilling to give it over, but he knew better than to let the storm continue its rage. With no other option, he dropped it into her hands, blocking the doorway just in case she attempted to escape with it.

The sounds of the storm seemed to fade away as soon as she began to sing. Despite still trapped in her human form, her voice was nothing short of magical. Having never heard the true voice of a siren, Pritchard couldn't help but stare in awe, his brow furrowing lightly as the crashing of the waves began to settle. He watched intently, seemingly entranced by her voice along with her beauty. The longer she sang, the more he began to trust, stepping aside from the door to walk back out, grabbing the wheel and pulling her back steady as the waves inexplicably calmed. He looked down, the men below scrambling to empty the water that flooded the deck, but the ship itself was steady...and the sea unnaturally calm. He slowly turned his gaze back to her, walking back to her in silence.

She outstretched her hand, the necklace in her palm. Again, the young pirate hesitated, this time...he wasn't sure why. His gaze dropped to the necklace before flitting back to her face. Slowly, almost gently, he took it from her hand, slipping it back around his neck before stepping back into the cabin. His tall formed loomed over her for a moment, his expression unreadable as his gaze studied every one of her features. He pulled the door shut behind him, one hand gently holding the pendent.

Almost stunned speechless by her willingness to help instead of flee, Pritchard didn't know how to feel. She was not in her natural form, so her song shouldn't have worked on him and yet...

"Why did you do it?" He questioned, suddenly feeling as if what he'd known about her was wrong. "Why fix things when you could have so easily escaped? All you had to do was step foot in the rain." He gripped the necklace tighter. "Once it was in your hands you could have.." He trailed off, confused by his sudden emotions.

"I thought your blasted singing wasn't supposed to work when you are like this!" He said, his voice rising a bit, backing her up into the desk as he gestured at her body. "The wind, the tide, the waves!" Me! He added in his head. A pirate's love is for the sea, nothing else. He told himself, tightening his jaw as he broke his gaze from her, opening his hand to look at the shining blue pendent. Perhaps it could also be for a woman...as wild and untameable as the sea...

"You are not to leave these quarters until the rain passes." He commanded, his tone harsh and unyielding as he turned away, waving a hand frustratingly. He didn't understand the wave of vulnerability that had washed over him as she'd sang, but he sure as hell wanted to get it out of his head. He was not a man to fall in love, especially not in such a feeble and fragile way. A simple song simply would not vex him. He pulled a bottle of rum from one of the cabinets, popping the cork and taking a large swig. "A sign from the gods or not, I don't want you out of my sight." He turned to look at her again, his frustration evident in his molten eyes. His confident demeanor had shifted, pushing him into one of slight aggression as his confusion over everything took hold.

He was not ready to thank her, not ready to accept that he'd been in the wrong about her. Deep down he fought against his own tide, his own roiling sea of emotions he didn't understand or allow to the surface often. If he had to be stuck in here with her for the rest of the night...so be it.

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 12, 2024 02:22 PM

ANTIDOTE

Neutral

Give Award

Caeliana watched the man as his face studied her form, confusion covering his face and lacing his voice. His fingers grazed her skin as he took the necklace warily, unsure of what all had just happened. She looked to him as he questioned her reasoning of helping and staying. It was true, she could have easily slipped away to the seas, letting the ocean beyond sink the ship, but she didn’t.

“I am one to keep my word once made” she said simply as the man lingered closer. His frame grew closer and closer, backing her up into the desk. Her legs stopped her as she hit the wood, looking down slightly to see what she had hit before back up to him. His amber eyes burned holes through her as he raised his voice, questioning her form and her abilities.

“You seem to forget I am a siren, whether it be on land or in the sea. That was not my true song, it had no effect on the men, it was just the song of the seas, to control the waves and tides, an ability I hold with that necklace. My ‘blasted’ singing has many forms” she said, mocking him slightly as she looked up at him. It was amusing to her to see him so frustrated, so confused on what he was feeling.

“You seem so flustered over just a small song, it would be a shame to see how you react to my lure” she teased with a chuckle. She could only see the anger grow in his eyes, as if she had lit a match within them. She watched as he turned away, commanding her. “Scared I’ll swim away?” She said to him as she pushed herself off the desk. If it was possible, smoke would be billowing from his body.

As he pulled the rum from the cabinet, she watched as he took a swig. Shaking her head she made her way to one of the windows, looking outside as the rain still poured down over the unnervingly calm seas. She could control the oceans, not the weather. She sighed softly, longing to return to the seas, the feel of the water against her skin, the freedom she held.

“You know a small Thank you would suffice” she said as she turned to look back to him, crossing her arms softly as she leaned against a wooden beam.

ANTIDOTE x Caribou (Pt. 2 😂)July 12, 2024 04:49 PM

Caribou Creek

Neutral

Give Award

He tilted his head slightly to the side, his gazse burning and his jaw clenching as he considered raising a hand to her. He refrained, finding it unbecoming to slap a woman, much less a woman who'd done nothing but help him since her arrival on board. He said nothing, turning away to his rum, heated at her taunts.

"Scared? No." He retorted. "Apprehensive, yes." He took another drink, his bootsteps clicking against the wooden floor as he made his way over to his desk, sitting down in his chair. He propped his legs lazily upon it, crossing one over the other as she spoke again, speaking of a thanks being in order. He scoffed lowly, glancing over at her to see her arms crossed over her chest. A flicker of a smirk danced along his lips as he stared at her. He knew he should thank her, she had saved his ship and his crew...but...he was a mite too stubborn to give her that satisfaction.

He raised the bottle to his lips, taking another small drink. "And what just may be in order if no thanks at all is uttered from my lips?" He questioned, his voice soft and laced with a sultry tone. "Perhaps I can thank you in more ways than just one." He remarked, his voice laced with sracasm. He flashed her a wink before leaning up a bit, grabbing a small map from his desk and looking at it. His eyes drifted over the parchment, tracing the landmarks and stops they'd be making along their journey. It was going to be a long voyage, several months at the least, and he was more than a little worried about keeping a siren on board for that long. So many things could happen in that span of time, and although he did find her to be a woman of her word, he couldn't help but feel distrust.

Maybe it was not a distrust that was directed towards her, but more towards himself. Whatever he had felt within her voice had come as a shock. She'd confirmed her song in this form was not a lure, and he believed that to be true. So what within himself had been so entranced by her voice? His mind wandered back to their conversation from before concerning the luck the necklace had given him all these years. She seemed shocked by it, and she had enticed his curiosity by saying so aloud.

"Perhaps this necklace of yours sees something I don't," He muttered quietly, although directed at her. He shifted his gaze to look at her again, his anger from before having subsided with the help of the cold drink in his hand. "Is there something about me that strikes your fancy?" He asked in a teasing tone, a smirk playing at his lips. "What makes me so worthy of a siren's power? It's your trinket, you should know, should you not?" He took another drink, tossing the map back onto the desk and removing his legs from it, spinning his chair around to more directly face her. The rain still pattered outside, the ship groaning and creaking softly as it sailed smoothly along the now settled waves.

His hair had begun to dry, its wavy texture returning its volume. His tan skin glistened softly in the dim firelight, his eyes glittering like the flames themselves. His white shirt was nearly fully unbuttoned, tousled from the vicious wind and rain from earlier, exposing his chest. Silver earrings dangled loosely from his ears, and black pants covered his lower half, completed by shiny black boots. Upon his chest was a skull tattood in black ink, a pair of crossed swords beneath it. The left side of his face held a small anchor and rope tattoo, just above his cheekbone.

It wasn't untrue that he was rather pleasing to most eyes, but never before had he been the one to fall victim to someone else's beauty. At least...not until today.

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2    3    4    5   ..   7 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us