Wolf Play : Dagger Pack x Edling
Chatbox
 Vennenum
07:08:55 Venn/Venne
Moonnight - save them?
 Moonnightshade
07:07:58 
I have 3 wolf party tokens but my den is full and I don't have premium or apples :(
 Transcendence
07:03:49 free palestine
Imagine Eve banning all rick roll suspected links for the lols
 Boeing
07:02:12 Boe is a bear, Rawr!
I only clicked it because it wasn't a WP forum link lol
wait. I swear... one day someone's uploading a gif of rickroll onto postimages >.>
 kycantina
07:00:23 ky
Con, one day you're going to need us to actually click the links you send and by then it'll be too late
 Geo
06:59:32 xx
venn
i can only imagine LOL
 Convivial
06:59:27 You've been Conned
Venn
It's an option on phone cameras that zooms out, makes anything up close look really funny so people will take pictures of eachother with 0.5 just for jokes
 Salom_
06:59:25 Sal, Salmon
Convivial
A bit! ItÂ’s silly, I like it
 Salom_
06:59:03 Sal, Salmon
Venn
.5 is a camera zoom setting! You can take funny looking pictures if you zoom out til it says “.5x”
 Vennenum
06:58:16 Venn/Venne
Whats 0.5?
 Vennenum
06:57:54 Venn/Venne
That negative sign needs to be larger.

Lost count how many times we get this question. Lmao
 Convivial
06:57:50 You've been Conned
Chat does this look like it was taken from 0.5
-Click-
 Kháos
06:57:24 Kaos || Khaos
😦 No, you have no space available to bury anything. The option to Bury only appears when you do. The -9 means you are beyond your limit and cannot bury anything until 10 items are unburied/used.
 Geo
06:57:09 xx
OHHHH ok thanks i've been trying to figure that out for the longest time
 kycantina
06:56:23 ky
Geo, yeah that's negative nine lol
 Geo
06:56:17 xx
i tried appraising them to see if that was the issue
 Geo
06:55:33 xx
here sorry for the wait -Click-
 Existence
06:54:37 Exist / Kuskyn
-Click-
Sweet blep now I want to change my avatar again ;-;
 Tech
06:53:34 
My demon boy
-WP Click-
 Vennenum
06:52:24 Venn/Venne
Geo - is there a negative sign?

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Badger : +3
Copperhead : -4
Mojave Green Rattler : +5
    Winter   Night  Weather:  Clear  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2 

Dagger Pack x EdlingAugust 17, 2024 12:05 AM

Edling

Neutral

Give Award

“If I properly identified myself to you, that would have made this visit official. For the sake of technicalities that you don’t need to understand at this moment in time, I told you what you needed to know.” Haley divulged in an equally vague manner, but for both of their interests, albeit he was not privy to sharing every detail that pertained to their current discussion. If he came here with a title, announcing who he was and what he was to the DSA, on a technicality, what he was orchestrating would be interference in the battle he was arming himself for. Haley cannot be condemned for what he does with his personal time, but he can be condemned for what he does with his title tied into the DSA. Not that Ruina would understand, as he believed, nor did she need to know every move he was carefully making on his chess board.

Listening with something close to intent as Ruina shared the reaction the public had to her presence, Haley stared on thoughtfully. She looked away as if the reality was still one difficult to directly face. If she harbored any sense of insecurity or pain that the case had roused in the aftermath of tarnishing her name then she was still optimal to coax into what he wanted. “That’s exactly why nobody cared to hear what you had to say. Peddling the same slogan to the public gets old, unrelatable if you will. Innocence alone is not attractive enough in itself to fix the opinion of the picture that had been painted of you. I shouldn’t have to tell you that preaching to the agents of the DSA was a waste of breath, though. If you want the acknowledgment you’re looking for from any large organization, you have to win over the public and use their voice to force the right people to listen to you.” He explained, giving her the courtesy of a free consultation he would have charged heftily for in any other case, and of course, if he was here officially.

Ruina’s comment regarding the explanation of her ignorance of her father’s worth in the DSA prompted no change in approach in Haley’s demeanor. “That’s a shame,” he mused neutrally, “a missed opportunity to properly learn from someone revered so honorably, who resided in your own household no less, just seems like a waste of knowledge and conduct.” Haley was not the family type by any means, but he supposed he could see how one may view that separation as necessary, or as a kindness. But children do not stay children forever, and what better way to defend one’s children than bestowing knowledge that wielded real power? Porter did not raise Haley nor Byron with a veil on how the world factually operated, there was no sugar coating to shield naivety, and Haley was grateful for that kind of upbringing. He was not jaded or blind to the nature of people, and he did not allow himself to be cheated or tread over. Most importantly, Haley learned how to work the world around him rather than be worked by the world. That, he believed, was an invaluable lesson.

As Ruina gave her standpoint on exoneration, Haley did not exactly disagree because it was true to a degree. “More accurately, it’s how the one exonerated wields their declaration following the ruling that determines just how guilty they continue to be perceived. There will always be those who oppose the ruling no matter what is done, but there is a majority of the population who are swayed through the right approach to their appeals.” The law and public opinion are both two very powerful entities in their own rights. If they are merged symbiotically, it’s a powerful concept to leverage. For Ruina, the fallout even after she was deemed innocent brokered a gap between those two things that has cemented an ideal that is less than favorable. It would be a bit of a challenge to bridge, but not so great a feat that it was impossible to mend as much as he believed to be possible.

Raising a brow as she pressed for clarification on her role in the spotlight, Haley did not budge to the level she might have been looking for. “It means exactly what I said. You’ll be a centerpiece in the public eye again for the effort to tilt the perception of who you are, as both a person and as an impending positive contributive force in society.” Still providing her vague details, he almost found every spark of agitation and skepticism in her expression amusing. It was a small treat for him, not that he was going out of his way to provoke such reactions from Ruina, but it was entertaining nonetheless.

The moment Ruina seemed to be taking to reflect was one Haley gave her the decency to do in silence, having even more courteously averted his gaze to a section of her home he had no real care to observe obsessively over. A subtle smile blossomed on his features as Ruina gave her determined decree agreeing with his offer. “Wise decision,” Haley replied in approval. “I’ll have more official documents delivered to your hands tomorrow morning - eight promptly -, where we will have our first official meeting together. Among those documents will be some that will appoint me as your current attorney, and all jurisdiction that comes with being your legal representative. My services for you from tomorrow forward will be at no immediate financial cost as long as you abide by the terms of your cooperation in a separate contract I’ll be presenting tomorrow.”

Smoothing the top of his hair with his hand, Haley offered another thin smile. “I look forward to being more than just a stranger on your doorstep,” he said in a tone of carefully concealed satisfaction as he opened his wallet, producing an official card he offered to her with his full name and identification as both an agent and legislative associate. “This will conclude our chat, Ruina. Enjoy the rest of your day.” Once the card and his dismissal had been delivered to the strawberry-blonde woman, Haley saw himself out of her home as if he was already comfortable with coming and going from her residence. The initial hurdle of his ambitions was cleared today though, and while smooth sailing was not realistic on his horizon, Ruina’s initial agreement was the catalyst to a great change.

Dagger Pack x EdlingAugust 21, 2024 10:31 PM

Dagger Pack

Darkseeker

Give Award
Her lips thin. So he was getting technical now? Although.... He wasn't wrong, not that she would be telling him that. He was starting to get on her nerves. With all his smart and technical talk. What exactly was he doing here again? On his unofficial visit? Also, wasn't he one of the senior or higher-ranked agents? He could have gone to anyone for help, but he went to her. She wouldn't deny she was a little skeptical about his true intentions and how he planned to achieve them. Although she was being a little nosy, she preferred to know exactly what was going on and why.

She raises an eyebrow at him. "Fair point." The public had gotten tired of hearing her repeat again and again that she was innocent. Besides, humans liked drama too much, they wanted her to be guilty. It gave them an interesting story and something to focus on. She grumbles, "I gave up on the DSA within week one. They made it very clear they gave no care in the world." She rolls her eyes as she recalls the first month when agents had trooped in and out every day. She'd constantly protested her innocence and all the agents had ignored her as they searched her house again and again. Eventually, she learned to just sit on her couch and let the agents do whatever they wanted. She'd also stopped collecting things after one agent had carelessly knocked over one of her valuable collectibles. She'd not been happy about that one. She tilts her head slightly, "And how exactly do I win over the public?"

She shrugs, "I never could find interest in it. I tried, but eventually gave up." Her eyes flash briefly, "I did learn a little though, so I'm not completely ignorant." She waves her hand. "Revalor and Ayduin were always more interested in following my father's footsteps than me. I already had one foot in the..." In the Trinity Coven... "In the, uh, Coven." It was awkward for her to talk about the Coven now. After all, they had been like a second family to her, and when she had found out they were secretly terrorists. That had hurt her greatly, something she'd never allowed anyone to ever know. After all, she would have just been digging herself a deeper hole by admitting something like that. The media, press, and public would devour that in a heartbeat.

She listens quietly to his words. That.... made sense, in the way he was saying it. But she had been technically exonerated too, right? So why did ninety percent of the population still find her guilty? She sighs slightly at the mention of appeals. Her attorney had made dozens of appeals until one had finally worked. She'd hated them. But mainly, she hated all the legal stuff. It had been a long, boring, and annoying process. Having to testify in a court more than once. Having a cross-examiner try to trip her up. All the people who were watching the trial, and all the ones who was hoped she'd be arrested with the rest of her Coven. That had been the worst moment of her life. Her private, peaceful life was torn apart and laid out for anyone with access to televisions and/or the internet to see.

A frown transforms her face, her eyes narrowing slightly. Centerpiece? Great, just what she wanted to do again. She just couldn't wait. She rubs her face, this Haley guy seemed good though. Maybe this time it would actually work. And maybe she could finally get back to her quiet, private, and peaceful life. So, just perhaps, it would be worth being shoved into the spotlight again. Although she did hate the vagueness of his answer, but figured that he was probably doing it to annoy her. After all, all of his answers so far had been incredibly vague. Which had indeed, incredibly annoyed her.

She only grunts at his approving tone. "Official meeting? Where?" He better have a straightforward answer this time. Because if he expected her to go to him, she would need to know where. But, as of tomorrow, she would officially be back in the spotlight. She'd have a new attorney and they'd try once again to exonerate her, properly this time. She hums, "Okay." Then his words sink in, and her eyes flash. Oh yeah, she'd almost forgotten that he was only doing this to get her father to back him in the upcoming DSA director election. "And how much financial cost will be expected eventually?" Because she did not believe he would do all of this for free. Nobody would, not this difficult and popular of a case. "Or will that be in the contract?"

She only accepts his card with a nod, her grey eyes flickering across it briefly. A forced smile touches her lips. "You too, Agent Kline." She remains still as her eyes track the man through her house and out of her front door. She sighs as she turns her attention to the card, studying it. Haley Ritter-Kline. Oh, and according to the card. He was a special agent and an attorney. Why did that not surprise her? She sighs as she drops the card on the coffee table. She didn't have much hope in his plan. After all, it had been five years. In her mind, it was too late. To late to drag all the evidence back out, and have her testify. Find more evidence, and whatever else it would take to convince the public that she was innocent. That in turn would eventually lead to the DSA believing she was innocent as well.

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us