Wolf Play : Toppled Kingdom | Rp Thread [Open]
Chatbox
 Obscurity
10:16:05 Tai
I am literally 2 minutes into trying to code a new palette and I've already broken it
 Salem
10:11:16 
yes it is ^^
 Silly
10:09:33 SL, SilverLined
Then yes!
 TheFlyingKitten
10:09:31 Petri Dish/Sorceress
-WP Click-

She's gonna give Fluffernutter a run for his money. >:3
And with that, I say goodnight, as I am getting very tired. :')
 Salem
10:07:28 
No, I wouldn't do anything illegal ;-;
 Obscurity
10:06:24 Tai
I was also going to say always yes unless you might get arrested, then the answer should be no
 Salem
10:05:12 
I realize that sounds like I just said it was after saying it wasn't, uh, I meant yes it is like you said yes to the question :')
 Salom_
10:04:51 Sal
Tai
ThatÂ’s a good idea, thanks!! Right now I have like 150 but IÂ’m going to be exploring a lot more this month
 Salem
10:03:48 
Nah, not illegal

Yes it is :3
 Silly
10:03:28 SL, SilverLined
Yes because i'm an enabler... Unless it's illegal
 Salem
10:02:56 
Chat...
Yes or no? 👀
 Obscurity
10:01:02 Tai
Salom
You could always save up event currency and sell or auction it off instead :D
 Obscurity
10:00:34 Tai
ET
Agreed 😤

Sounds good! :D and no worries, we could also chat lore if you want too!

I gotta work on more attacks and defenses so I'm with you there
 Salom_
09:58:57 Sal
Or well IÂ’m not new new, just restarting! I used to play in 2017
 Salom_
09:58:42 Sal
Is it worth it to buy the pups decor from the event? I donÂ’t really use decor so I was probably just going to sell it but since IÂ’m new IÂ’m hoping to get something good to help me get a better start
 Phantom Hollow
09:56:12 Taylor
Hello all, hope everyone is having a good night!
 Eternity
09:54:45 ET
Obst
Everyone should have thighs :>

Oooh okayokayokay :D we can definitely chat then, that would be cool as I'm also not working at the moment! :0

The stingray dogs don't really have any lore at the moment, and the long boys are preeetty outdated.
I think I'll start working out an explore/ items/ inventory system as at the moment all of my art is going towards AF
 Eternity
09:53:07 ET
Rev
I will keep this in mind :>
 Obscurity
09:52:58 Tai
Silly
Perhaps o.o

ET
Thighs indeed,,, I should give Trix thighs

That could be neat! :D I do have this whole next week to do whatever I want before I start the new job so maybe I'll work on them :O and I'd love to hear more about the knife cats / stingray dogs too x)
 Revelry
09:51:15 Rev
ET
I'll buy all HW heros you don't keep! I'm desperate for HW wolves, my whole pack seems to be turned LW

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Spotted Hyena : -3
Caiman : -2
Leopard : -4
    Winter Month: 3   Day  Weather:  Blizzard
 Explore In: Now

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Semi-Literate
   1    2    3 

Toppled Kingdom | Rp Thread [Open]August 14, 2021 09:50 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Toppled Kingdom

For years the Ridge Pride has lived on top of the world, known easily as one of the strongest prides in the region. They lavished themselves in food, water, and safety, fully believing nothing could ever topple them. Oh how foolish they were to think that.

Hearing the tales of the formidable pride, their stories caught the attention of none other than the Ukufa Coalition. A tribe of lions, a brotherhood really, who rival the Ridge Pride in strength and ferocity. Nothing scares them, and nothing has ever stood in their way. Everything they have ever set their eyes on they have taken. By force. To them, the Ridge Pride was no different.

They came like a storm one night, completely unnoticed by the pride, prowling into the territory under the cover of darkness. By the time they were on the pride, it was too late. They defeated the King, and his leading lions, banishing them from the territory to lick their wounds. It wasn't enough to leave the pride battered and beaten though, they needed to tear down their spirit so they could be ruled without any worry of an uprising. So they, without hesitation, and no pause, systematically killed every cub within the pride, all but two. The Queen's.

But like everything, there is method to their madness. They knew, with her cubs and lover still alive, they had full control over their new prize. With their lives in their claws, the Ukufa males new there was nothing the Queen would, and could, do to jeopardize that. They also knew that this could create contention between the mothers who's young were murdered and the Queen who was some how spared. After all: What's so special about her?

Now, as the sunrises on their new Reign, the Ukufa Males think nothing can stop them. They should have known that it's best to let sleeping lions lie.

My Co-Leads for this Rp are Polly and Tenebris Umbra.
Enough Said.

Edited at August 14, 2021 10:19 PM by Imperial Sands
Toppled Kingdom | Rp Thread [Open]August 14, 2021 09:50 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award

Rules

RP Rules
1. All of Eve's rules, obviously.
2. This RP does have elements of unrealism, but your characters should be realistic. We want realistic coat colors, and semi-realistic sizes.
3. For questions, PM us. Do not clog up this thread with unnecessary talk.
5. Credit your images, or else we will not accept your character.
6. With images also, make sure they are uploaded to an acceptable image hosting site.
7. This is semi-literate. That means we require full sentences for appearance and personality (yes, even if you have an image for appearance. I need measurements and scars/things that aren't shown on the image). Put your favorite colour in other, but hide it in a sentence.
8. This also means that you need at least 2 paragraphs, with at least 5 sentences per paragraph, per post per character, and acceptable grammar. We understand writers block, but we need something to reply to.
9. If you are fighting, allow others to reply, and do not dodge every hit, or land every hit.
10. Be active. At least one post per week, unless you give us a viable reason as to why you can't do that.
11. No godmoding, powerplaying etc. None of that will be tolerated.
12. Don't have your character be "that guy". Don't have them constantly disobey orders, or constantly wander off--doing this sometimes is okay, but c'mon, really? It doesn't make you fun, it makes you annoying.
13. No instant-mates, or being mates with your own character. Put the missing number from the rules in other as well.
14. For the purpose of this RP, there will be no cubs.
15. We reserve the right to deny applications.
16. Three strikes and "you're out". Break three rules, and you will be removed. Get three warnings, and you will be removed. Likewise, if we have to tell you to fix your form three times, we reserve the right to deny your application.
17. No perfect characters!
18. Drama in the RP is encouraged, however, OOC (Out Of OC) drama will not be tolerated. If you have an issue, PM me, and I will sort it out.
19. Reservations last 48 hours!
20. There will be a Four Character Limit! If you want to have more than four characters, you must seek permission from us.
21. Lastly, and most importantly, have fun!

Pride Rules
1. Respect the Leading males at all times.
2. Do nothing without permission.
3. To challenge for King and lose is something punishable by death or exile.
4. Being mates with a Non-Ufuka male is forbidden.
5. Withholding information is punishable.
6. The Queen is below the Leading Males.
7. The only female that is above the Ufuka Warriors is the Queen, but her position can be revoked.
8. The only males that the lionesses are not below is the Lesser Males.

The Queen's Unspoken 'Rules'
1. These males are not our leaders.
2. We are still a family. We are still a pride.
3. Do what you must to survive and remain safe, but stand together all the same.
4. Do not turn your back against the pride.
Toppled Kingdom | Rp Thread [Open]August 14, 2021 09:51 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Ranks and Roles Explanation

Kings/Dominant Males
The Two Leading Males of the Ukufa Coalition who took over. They now lead as Dual Kings, both Equal in Power. To Challenge for King, you Challenge both of them, and you must defeat both of them. Their word is law, and to go against them is treason. The Kings may mate with any female they wish.

Second Male
This is one of the Ukufa Males, and is now the Second in Command beneath the Kings. They help enforce the Kings' Reign, and make sure laws are being abided by. Much like the Kings, their word is law, the only ones who can say otherwise are the Kings. He may mate with any female he wishes, except the Queen, he must get Permission for this first.
** There are some stipulations when taking this character. Please Pm first.**

Temporary Queen
This is the current Queen who was ruling prior to when the Ukufa Male's came. For now she is being held in this position until they find a new female to take it. The Queen, whether she is Temporary or not, is below the Leading Males. One would argue she is below even the Ukufa Warriors, but they have to give her some power so that the rest of the pride listens to her. Think of her as more of a pawn, a mouth piece, for the Leading Males. Ultimately, though, she has no power unless given to her by the Leading Males. She is not allowed to mate with any male without permission, and it has to be an Ukufa male.

Former Second Female

This is more of an Unspoken rank now that Second Female has been desmantled. This belongs to the female who was Second beneath the Queen. She holds no official power anymore, but many of the lionesses will still respect her as such.

Former Third Female

See the description for Second Female. It is the same, since this rank was also dismantled.

Ukufa Warriors
These are the Remaining males of the Ukufa Coalition. They are viewed as above the other males in the pride since they are from the coalition themselves. They act as the primary fighting force for the pride behind the Leading Males. They have more power than the ranks below them, and pretty much get away with things normal males wouldn't be able to in normal prides. They may mate with any female in the pride, but must seek permission to mate the Queen if she wishes.

Huntresses
These are the remaining lionesses in the pride. They basically hold no power, and are there to provide meals for the males and further along their genetics. A lioness will have more dominance than another based on her favor within the Ukufa males. If she holds none of their favor, she holds no power. It's important for lionesses to know, though, that their power is fleeting and limited to what the males decide it is. They may only mate with Ukufa males. A female who mates with a non-Ukufa male will find her offspring killed, and she may be slaughtered as well, exiled, or humiliated.

Lesser Males
These are the males of the pride who are not from the Ukufa Coalition. They didn't hold any high ranks in the pride prior to the take over, and have only been allowed to stay as the Ukufas view them as cannon fodder, meat shields, if you will. If a Lesser Male disrespect or disobeys any law or rule, they may be exiled, killed, or worse. They are not allowed to mate. Period. If they are found to have fathered any cubs, their cubs with be slaughtered, and they will be exiled, killed, or humiliated.

Cubsitters
These are the couple of lionesses in charge of taking care of the cubs when their mother is out. Since there is only two cubs right now, there are only two cubsitters. More lionesses will be allowed to take the rank once the Ukufa cubs are born.

Heirs
These are the cubs born to the Kings. Doesn't matter who their mother is, if they are fathered by either of the two kings, they are considered heirs. Once they turn two, their rank will change depending on what the Kings want from them.

Cubs
These are all the other cubs within the pride who are under two years of age.

Elders
These are all the lions who are 10+ years old.

Unofficial Pride Ranks

The Harem
"Favored Lioness"
The Lionesses Dubbed Favored Lionesses by the two Kings are known to make up their Harem. Which are the specific lionesses with whom they will mate with a father cubs with. No other males, Ukufa or not, are allowed to mate, flirt, court, etc. with the females. They are to be looked upon as higher than even the Queen herself, though they still hold no power. This does not include the females for the Second or others males, just the Kings' females. It's important to note that while a female may be favored today, she can lose that favor just as quickly as she earned it. If she is found to be affiliating with any other males, she may be exiled or anything of the sort. Whatever that male desires. If he doubts the cubs are his, and she cannot prove it, he may choose to kill the cubs too. Lionesses within the Harem do get special guarding, and often have one of the Ukufa stationed near by to protect them.
Toppled Kingdom | Rp Thread [Open]August 14, 2021 09:54 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
The Hierarchy

Kings:
Kumar
Gazini

Second Male:
Svarog

Ukufa Warriors:
Max 3
Izem
Reserved

Reth - NPC

Heirs:
None

Temporary Queen:
Acantha

Huntresses:

Neda
Izula
Adani
Araia
Kijakazi
Keres
Viyan

Cubsitters:
Max 2

Abuk

Cubs:
Max 2
Kibuka
Reserved

Elders:
Neliah

Lesser Males:
Max 3
Crixus
Reserved

Non Pride Ranks

Banished King
Shomari - Deceased

Banished Second
Reserved

Banished Third
Azaan - Deceased

Edited at August 14, 2021 09:55 PM by Imperial Sands
Toppled Kingdom | Rp Thread [Open]August 14, 2021 10:18 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Important Information

The Rp is starting only a couple of days after the takeover. The banished lions have been pushed out and left to either succumb to their wounds and die, or to heal. The cubs have also all been dealt with now, leaving just Acantha's daughters to live, though they exist under constant threat. Because of who this coalition is, and who leads it, several of the cub's corpses have been left scattered around the territory, some even half eaten.

Recently, the lesser males, not all of them adjusting to their new rank and leadership, were caught giving attitude back to the Ukufas, who were quick to remind them of their newly found place. This has left at least one of the Lesser males now nursing his own injuries, as well as a wounded pride.

With their only loyal males wounded and out numbered, the lionesses have no options but to bide their time and come up with their own ways to silently fight back until the time is right. Conversations of treason, though, have to be held in secrecy, and very carefully, as not every lioness is unhappy with the shift in power.

Please toss any subplots or drama ideas you have in the discussion thread to help start this rp off with a bang.

The Territory

Much of the Pride's territory is made up of plains, with the occasional shrub, rock and tree dotting the landscape. Most of the western portion of their territory is like this, with long grass that is inviting to hungry prey, and perfect for hunting lionesses. The plains is the typical hunting spot for the pride.

Nearing the western edge of the territory is a more treed, grassy area that the pride tries to only visit during the dry seasons. During the wet seasons, river that is outside of their territory tends to flood, turning that part to a marshland that makes things difficult and dangerous for the lions.

From the plains, though, if one were to head East, they would notice that the trees become more frequent, and almost heavy the further they go. Deeper North East is very heavily forested area, filled with bushes and trees that provide great cover when needed. This is ideal for lionesses looking to have cubs in peace. There is the occasional leopard that resides there, but for the most part they leave the pride be.

The south is also mostly plains but with more trees, though there is a bit more dirt here with thinner, shorter grass. It's still huntable for the lions, but it is definitely more difficult and takes more percision and patience. Typically smaller prey resides here too, the larger options tend to just pass through for the better option of the plains.

For the prides main camp, the place where they reside when not out and about, there are rock formations near the center of the territory. Not anything like a "pride rock", but the varying boulders provide shelter in their crevices, cut outs, and lean-tos, while trees there also provide shade. Often times the adults can be found sun bathing on the various smooth surfaces of the rock while cubs play around them, sometimes braving the venture to the ground to play in the dirt.

For water, there are two main sources of it for the pride. The first and most likely for them to visit is the watering hole. It's a rather larger pool of water, one that is safe for them to drink from without the fear of things like crocodiles. Very few of these monstrous beasts ever venture into the watering hole, and if they do it's during the dry season when the river is too congested. By that time, they are easy to see in the watering hole, as it will be low too. This watering hole is located slightly south west of the pride's main camp, and is an easy walk for elders, cubs, and pregnant moms alike. It is also often visited by other animals, and there seems to be a common truce among animals that the watering hole is a no hunting zone.

The second source of water for the pride, though it isn't as commonly used and is more dangerous, is the river that cut through their territory. It comes into their territory from the east, running north, before winding around to the east, and heading more north east before leaving. Crocodiles and Hippos live within it's depths for most of it's lengths, and it's deep and fast currents in some areas make the river more dangerous than it's worth. In some areas, though, it is slower, shallower, and more safely visited by the pride. These are also the areas where they can cross with little trouble.

((I did just use the territory from Pride of Perils. Because lazy.))

The First Posts

The dawn of the new days begins with as the new reign gets its footing. While it doesn't feel like it, the day is starting just like any day, because, as much as the lionesses hate it, the world keeps turning despite their turmoil.

It'll be mid morning, the pride is already up and functioning, though there is some resistance and confusion on how to proceed. It will be up to either Acantha to get the lionesses moving without stepping on the toes of the new kings. Or for the Ukufa to take charge and give out orders despite being so new to the territory.

Some of the males, Ukufa and not, will be nursing wounds sustain from fighting. The wounds of what has happened are fresh and painful, mentally and physically, and tempers are likely to flare even if they can't be expressed. Things are definitely tense.

Again. If you have ideas to make things BANG right out the gate. Tell me. Please. I'm failing. SOS. Send help. I'm blinking twice for help.
Toppled Kingdom | Rp Thread [Open]August 14, 2021 10:18 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
You may post. Go for it.
Toppled Kingdom | Rp Thread [Open]August 14, 2021 10:55 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Gazini
King | 5 Years | Ukufa Lion | Mentions: Kumar

The metallic scent of blood was still present in the male's nose as the monstrous lion laid amonst some flattened grass. From a glimpse, he looked reddish in appearance, not due to any form of his own coloration, but from the blood that stained his figure. It looked almost as if Gazini had bathed in the blood of his victims, and, in a way, he almost had. He had relished in the joy of banishing the former leaders from the territory, taking time to roll in the pools of blood they had left behind, before coating himself in the blood of the innocent cubs he helped slaughter.

There was no signs of remorse on the male's triumphant expression, his eyes glinting with the hue of work well done. If anything, Gazini was proud of what he had done, the carnage he had wrought. If there was one thing Gazini was good at, and that he enjoyed, it was bloodshed. It was why he ruled equally with Kumar, his brother handled the politics, and left anything bloody to him, though Kumar would join in too. Zin preferred it that way, he had little patience for the battle of politics.

For example, he hadn't really originally understood the decision to leave the cubs of the Queen alive, at least until his brother had explained it to him. It was a devious thing, using the cubs of the mother to keep her in check. It had even helped keep their father in check when he had voice opposition to their new rule, though attacking him had also helped.

A low, guttural growl rumbled in the male's chest, and he curled his lip in disgust. A queen having cubs by another that wasn't the king. What disrespect. It was blasphomy in his opinion. He would never let such a thing stand, but he trusted Kumar's decision, and if he chose to let the cubs live, so be it. The others hadn't been so lucky though. Gazini had lead the systemic elimination of all cubs. Even those hidden from him he had sought out and annihilated. And he had made sure their mother's had known they had failed too. Purposely bringing their tiny bodies back to where most of the pride resided, leaving them there as a warning, an testimony, to the havoc the males could, and would, cause if necessary.

Pushing up from where he rested, Gazini glanced around for his borther, knowing his larger brother wouldn't be hard to find. In fact, it took mere moments for the male to spy him, and walked over to his position. Walking with a limp, Gazini wasn't without his own wounds, several claw marks and bites adorning his flesh, though he carried them like trophies, unbothered by the pain they caused him as he moved.

"Kumar," he voice, baritone vocals vibrating in his throat. His voice came a bit hoarse from his lips, but it mattered none to him. He moved to where his brother was and sat to his haunches, eyes scanning the various figures of the pride they now ruled. What was next?
Toppled Kingdom | Rp Thread [Open]August 14, 2021 11:42 PM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
Kibuka
Cub || 3 Months || Female || Mentions: Crixus
Indirectly Mentions: Acantha, Gazini, Kumar

The sights seen earlier had made the cub feel different emotions, the largest one being fear. Now, Kibuka felt nothing but nausea. What once was a pride full of cubs now had no more than two, those being herself and her sister. She had been a witness to the massacre. She had watched her friends be killed by the strangers, their bodies dropped at their mother's paws like nothing. The cub herself wasn't sure if she was lucky to live, or being tortured.

Kibuka knew little still, having been only three months old, but she understood some things. She understood that lions fought one another at times for a pride, but not why they killed others. She didn't understand why her and her sister were the only cubs spared. She didn't understand why nobody could do anything but watch. And she especially didn't understand why her father had been injured.

Even now, Kibuka hid among the fur of her father, pressing into his side to camouflage. Now, she was a fiesty thing, but having seen the events that transpired, as well as the bloodshed, it made her want nothing more but to shrink away. She felt guilty that she didn't hide near her mother, Acantha, but Kibuka was afraid, and when she was afraid, she sought out her father. Crixus was taller and stronger, and also not the center of attention. Her mother being the Queen meant that eyes would be upon her, and Kibuka wanted nothing more but to hide and remain unseen. So, she rested near her father.

Her eyes remained glued on the new males, especially the ones who claimed the lead. Gazini and.. Komar? Kumar? As well as Svarog. She didn't trust them, and frankly, she feared them. Very much so.

Raising her small head, she crept up to her father's ear, advancing only a few times before pausing. "Are you feeling better?" she whispered, afraid to even raise her voice above a murmur. She had watched from the side as her father was injured. How she wished to help, but knew that if she did anything, she would join the other cubs in death. Besides, what could she have done? One swat, and she'd be done.

"I don't like them," she continued, "I don't like that they're still here." She wanted Shomari back. These new males looked malicious and mean, and she didn't like anybody who harmed her family. "What are we supposed to do now?" Do they resume life like normal? Do they walk in fear? Kibuka had several questions, but didn't wish to tell them at once. Her father would be tired, she knew that much, and didn't want to burden him.

Whatever the answer would be, she pressed herself against her father even more before hiding beneath his paw altogether.

Toppled Kingdom | Rp Thread [Open]August 15, 2021 10:33 PM

Spellbound

Lightbringer

Give Award

Kijakazi

Lioness | 5 Years | Huntress/Former Third Female | Mentions: Her Children

Indirectly Mentions: Kibuka, Acantha, Crixus, Amis, the 'Kings'

Blood.

The metallic scent loomed in the air. It was making her naesous. Now, this female had seen death and not bat an eyelash at it, but this was something that truly shook her core. It was the mutilated bodies of her children. They had only been four months old, and she could still hear their pleas for help. And she could do nothing, but watch them be slaughtered. And then she watched as Gizani bathed in the blood. Blood, of her children, and she felt an anger within her. How could this bastard be so cold-hearted, and she had to close her eyes and take them off him.

She felt her body shake a bit from fear. Kijakazi was truly afraid of what was to happen next, but one wouldn't be able to tell. Her eyes could be described as impassive and her expression on her face as neutral. She didn't give Gizani the satisfaction of hearing her mourn or shout at the death of her children. She may have tried to move to defend them, as a mother should, but she quickly caught herself. She was ashamed, she should've bore scars for trying to defend them, but being hurt wouldn't do her good.

Endana, Dafina , Kinyana , Darweshi , and Mbita. She had bore 3 daughters and 2 sons. Mbita being the eldest boy and Kinyana being the second eldest girl. The two had been born at the same time and they viewed each other as twins. They both were a bit grouchy and aloof as Kijazaki could be at times, but they were protective as hell of the younger siblings. She then looked around, and caught the small figure of Kibuka who was hiding out of fear by her father. And the female felt a pang of sympathy for the cub.

Kibuka was like a niece to her. The young cub had been best friends with one of her daughters, and she could only imagine how she was hurting seeing her friends die before her. And it seemed she found the large figure of her father to be comforting. Hopefully, Crixus could offer some comfort to her. Kijakazi would defiently find a way to comfort the cub when she was ready.

She just knew Acantha was seething. Acantha was a Queen in every right, and she couldn't imagine how she felt seeing her pride like this. Whatever happened next, Kijakazi was remaining loyal to her Queen. Kijakazi was angry with her children being murdered, being humiliated and demoted to the rank of Huntress, and her pride mates being hurt. Someone would pay, and she would bide her time in making them do so. For now she could only lie in wait.

Yet, she caught sight of Viyan. Another lioness who lost her daughter, and Kijakazi got up and slowly approached the female trying to gauge her reaction. And she silently sat besides her. Offering a silent offer of consolement and comfort. An unspoken way of saying she was their if she needed to talk or cry. And Kijakazi would remain their unless she was told to move.

Toppled Kingdom | Rp Thread [Open]August 16, 2021 12:01 AM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Crixus
Lesser Male | 5 Years | Male | Mentions: Kibuka, Inyoni, Acantha, Ukufa Lions

The darker form of a male lion was resting in the frail shade of a thin tree. It offered little cover for him, but he laid there nonetheless. It was more so that the wounds covering his body were better hidden in the shadows, than for actual shade. The wounds were still rather fresh, and right now even the sun seemed to cause the deep cuts to ache, though many of them weren't physical wounds.

When the Ukufa had come, Crixus hadn't been able to intervene, knowing it would be dishonor to the King, and his Queen, to do so. Not to mention they had come in the dark like a fog, strolling in and wiping out their competition with effortless efficiency. Had they been less of brutes, Crixus might have admired their capabilities, but all he felt now was disgust.

The corpses of the pride's offspring littered the territory, some almost on display to send a very clear message to the pride: there were new rulers now. Crixus hadn't been too keen to accept their fate and had tried to stand up for himself, though the other males were quick to show him that he was out numbered and out muscled. It had been mildly humiliating for the male to be ripped at for what felt like hours, though he figured it was just for minutes.

Now, deep claw marks marred the surface of his skin, cutting deep into his body, and even more into his psyche. It was defeating.

A small form burrowing into him drew his attention from his depressive stupor and he focused his gaze on the small cub nestled against him. Kibuka was one of his two cubs, and they were the only survivors. As much as he had tried to shield her from the bloodshed, there was only so much he could do, and he know she was aware of her friends' deaths, even if she didn't understand it.

"Hush," he murmured softly, no traces of malice in his words, "It would be best to not speak such words when in the presence of beasts." He glanced up and around warily, afraid one of the brutes would hear his daughter's words and take issue with them.

Once he was satisfied that none were paying them any mind, he gently bumped his muzzle against her head and rumbled softly. "We'll continue as best we can, as normal as we can. It's okay to not be okay. Don't worry, though, your mother and I won't let them hurt you, or your sister," as if on cue, a small mass unfurled from within his mane, a pair of green-brown eyes peaking out at the larger cub.

A soft yawn escaped the tiny cub and he nudged her over to Kibuka, before nuzzling them both. The motion pained the male, especially the wound in his neck where a chunk was just... missing. His mane was matted with blood he couldn't clean out of it, and the angry wounds on his body were trying to scab, but kept angrily oozing whenever he would move. He had meant to find Acantha to help him groom, but he hadn't wanted to move too much. Nor did he want to attract anymore unwanted attention.

"You two," he whispered softly to them, lowering his head so he could peer at them, "are everything to your mother and I. Believe me when I say I won't let them hurt you." He growled softly, his eyes darkening as he accepted the fact that he would die before any of those monstrous beasts could hurt his daughters.

Forums > Roleplay > Semi-Literate
   1    2    3 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us