Ky
Well i have 20k mush at the moment so i was gonna use that XD
 Hallow's Eve
02:27:38 Hallow, Eve
Hey Amy, how are you?
 Caeruleum
02:27:04 Cae, Blue
-WP Click-
speaking of retirement... pretty pretty man but i have no use for him... bone? <.<
 kycantina
02:26:52 ky but it's spooky
Amy! Was just about to PM you, how many moves are we aiming for with the FMC domination goal?
 Caeruleum
02:26:11 Cae, Blue
44r ac 2g albino, thats a no retirement wolf <.<
 Amygdala
02:25:46 Amy/Anpmygdala
Hi hallow, hi ky
 Amygdala
02:25:13 Amy/Anpmygdala
Purse
I would't she is pretty
 Existence
02:24:42 Exist / Kuskyn
Purgatory depends
 kycantina
02:24:37 ky but it's spooky
Purgatory, yeah I would.
Also hi chat
 Amygdala
02:24:31 Amy/Anpmygdala
-Click-

Thus is cae at the moment XD
 Purgatory
02:23:20 Purge/Purse/Pug
Should I retire her? I need den space
-WP Click-
 Hallow's Eve
02:22:57 Hallow, Eve
Good afternoon chat
 Caeruleum
02:21:14 Cae, Blue
Overall Space left in this den: 11 spots for wolves.

i am not fine 😭

but yeah, tempted to go for all dud litters this game year :')
 Amygdala
02:20:54 Amy/Anpmygdala
Khaos
Sure thing
 Amygdala
02:20:24 Amy/Anpmygdala
Cae
Eh....that's less than 200...you're fine lol
 Azrael
02:19:57 Ash, Khaos
Is anyone available to chat for a little while (please)?
 Crescent Nightwalker
02:18:30 Aurora / Crezzie / L
@Vulpixies,
Squee!
Show me raptors! Can I see?
 Vulpixles
02:16:45 Pixie, Vul | ♈
Kinda heartbroken no one likes my raptors
 Caeruleum
02:16:11 Cae, Blue
amy, uh-

134 :)

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Komodo Dragon : +1
Wolverine : +1
Cougar : +5
    Winter   Day  Weather:  Sunny

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Semi-Literate
   1    2    3    4    5    6 

Drought | Horse Rp [Open!]February 16, 2022 08:09 AM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award
Inessa
Mare | 11 Years | Herd Mare | Mentions: Syren, Adela, Biscotti, Reima, Lorcan, Yvaine, Caszius

The mare, as always, was existing peacefully. There was rarely a time when she wasn't, resting beside her taller daughter. She'd strayed very little from her daughter's side since the beginning of the drought, the larger mare being a constant presence beside her. Syren had always stayed relatively close, but throughout the drought, the blue roan mare had stayed even closer.

And, as always, Inessa was content to stand and rest.

Until, of course, she heard those kinds of words uttered: "Now. What would your dear mother say about that? I thought she at least had some sense in that head of hers to at least raise one foal right if not all."

How-- Inessa lifted her head, staring with nothing short of disbelief towards the mare that had uttered such words of the befallen Lead Mare, seeing that Biscotti was talking to Lorcan, one of Sunna's children.

Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted Adela already moving towards the group, a calm, but stern, look on her face. The tall appaloosa mare had always been soft, gentle, but when it came to family, Inessa knew that any mare could get protective.

"Lorcan, dear, come with me," of course, Aunt Adela came first, and the mare quickly moved to put herself beside the pale colt. "You have no need to hear such foul words uttered from the mouth of an inexperienced mare," Adela had added, using her shoulder to steer her nephew away. "We can talk with Baldr and Neela, yes? How does that sound?"

Inessa rested her muzzle against her daughters leg, before lifting her gaze to drift it around the herd. She knew where Atolos and Anil were, at the front of the herd, but she was looking for a different coat, one of brown and white, one that belonged to-

There she was!

Yvaine, the Deputy Mare of the herd.

"Syren, make sure they don't physically hurt Adela or Lorcan," she muttered, before turning her small little body around and darting off in a swift trot towards the larger mare. She was with Caszius, and a brief jolt of fear--dear gods what if Biscotti and Reima lashed out at Adela and Syren--had her speeding up to a canter.

Her tiny legs took her across the herd and towards the two dark horses, a little out of breath when she reached them. She gave them both a sweet smile, angling her head up to even look them in the eyes, before she nodded to Caszius.

"Apologies to steal Yvaine away from you," she uttered, before directing her attention to Yvaine. "Biscotti insulted Sunna in an attempt to insult Lorcan. Adela's involved, as if Reima," she winced as she said the two's names. "And I'm sure you know how Biscotti and Reima are. I fear for Adela and Lorcan's safety, Yvaine."

A pause, before she nodded her head, and turned her body slightly back towards the growing group of herd members.

Drought | Horse Rp [Open!]February 16, 2022 08:31 AM

Spellbound

Lightbringer

Give Award
Morrigan
4 Years Old | Mare | Herd Mare | Mentions: Biscotti, Reima, Lorcan

The young mare had made a decision to come back closer to the herd even though she wasn't in the best of moods. She'd have to deal with being within the herd so she might as well get back before her father said anything. After all she didn't want to cause him anymore stress than necessary. That's when she noticed something was off, something in her gut told her something was wrong and that's when she heard the venomous words that Biscotti spoke. She frowned, usually she'd keep her cool in this matter but how dare that bitch mutter such words about their mother. She was relieved when Adela came and ushered her brother away.

Thats when the young chestnut mare flared her nostrils and made her way to the mare that was older by a year and gave a disgusted expression on her face. She didn't care that Inessa had went to get the Deputy, she was about to say what she wanted to this mare and didn't care how she got in trouble with her father or Yvaine, Biscotti had crossed the line. No one should sink that low even in times of annoyance or distress.

"How dare you speak such insolence during a time like this." she began slowly and venomously, "how dare you speak of my mother in such a crude and defaming nature. My mother was more of a mare then you'll ever be - and how dare you sink as low as to speak of me and my brother's mother crudely just because of an annoyance. I assume he made some sort of sarcastic remark that pissed the oh so holy Biscotti off?" and she pinned her ears.

"I'm pretty sure it was the juvenile nonsense that him and Reima have had going on since foalhood, mind you. So if anything him attempting to engage in witty combat with your daughter is a good thing, but I'm assuming you can't take insults well?" And she narrowed her eyes sharply as she looked down at the mare, " You need to mind your tongue Biscotti because you're sure looking like a real bitch." And she leaned in and whispered in her ear venomously, "and if you think insulting the son of the Lead Stallion and his former mate will get you on the good graces of my father, think again you little pitiful creature, you'll never be Lead Mare and if you do then you're delusional."

She then gave another harsh glare before saying, "If I ever hear you speaking such utter and complete bullshit about my mother or you disrespecting my brother again, I will not hesitate to send my hoof to your face - that's not a threat, it's a promise." and she gave a polite smile before she went off grumbling towards Adela and Lorcan.
Drought | Horse Rp [Open!]February 16, 2022 09:32 AM

Spellbound

Lightbringer

Give Award
Yvaine
10 Years Old | Mare | Deputy Mare | Mentions: Caszius, Inessa , Biscotti, and Reima

The sounds of last night plagued the older mares ears. She had barely gotten any sleep, she was exhausted though she wouldn't say so out loud. She had chosen to be away from the chatter of the herd for a little bit to get some piece and quiet. It saddened her to think that a poor foal had been taken by the coyotes, and it reminded her of her own foals. Most probably wouldn't know or remember them and she sighed as she closed her eyes to enjoy the quiet. However it was short lived when a voice called her name and she sent an annoyed glare towards the horse but her face softened into a softer and tired one when she realized it was just Caszius. And she noted the patch of dirt near him and made her way over slowly.

She nosed the dirt and gave a small smile. It felt cool against her nose, better than the heat around them. She nuzzled his cheek, a rather uncommon thing for her to do, "Thank you. It's quite hot out here, I'm surprised you aren't rolling in this patch yourself." she said in a low, yet gentle voice.

However her attention was stolen when out the corner of her eye she saw a scene unfold a little ways off but she couldn't hear what words had been spoken. However she noted Morrigan going up to Biscotti with a fierceness and Adela coming to her nephew's aid - Yvaine frowned, had Biscotti been dumb enough to insult Atolos son during these times? That's when she noted Inessa rushing over and the quick summary of what happened. The mare flared her nostrils in annoyance, and flicked her ears - so her suspicions had been correct.

"Caszius, please stay here as you would be a conflict of interest since it's your daughter and the mother of said daughter involved." she to the male quite bluntly and she turned to Inessa, "Inessa can you please come with me while I try and fix this situation. I would like you to verify what Biscotti said."

And with that the female marched her way over to the scene and noted the words of Morrigan and she looked at the young mare, "Morrigan, I'll deal with your words later." And that caused the the chestnut to simmer down a bit.

Their was a certain aura around Yvaine when she was annoyed or angry and it radiated off her currently, "Biscotti," she said in a monotone, "could you please tell me why Inessa came to inform me that you sullened Sunna's name , in effect insulting Lorcan? And please, I beg of you to lie in my face, I may have not heard what happened but if it can get even Adela to shoot you a glare then it must've been something nasty. And I'm pretty sure both of them would be happy to tell me what happened but I want to hear it out of your mouth." Her voice was loud and clear for Biscotti and those involved in the matter to hear, and though Yvaine had a stone face - it was clear from the coldness in her eyes she was not in the mood for bullshit.
Drought | Horse Rp [Open!]February 16, 2022 09:38 AM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
Nasima
9 Years || Herd Mare || Mentions: Cadhla, Lorcan, Adela, Biscotti, Lorcan, Yvaine, Biscotti

"What do you think they're on about?" Cadhla, who had been a small distance away, had espied the gathering of a few individuals in the herd. Beside her, Nasima had returned, picking away at a dried leaf. "Hm?" Asked the white mare, not lifting her gaze. "Look," replied Cadhla, motioning to what seemed to be Reima and her mother along with Lorcan and his small family. "What do you think happened now?" She continued, narrowing her gaze in attempt to get a better look. "Who knows. Is Biscotti there?" Replied Nasima, to which Cadhla nodded. "Well, then there's your answer as to what happened." Both mares snorted before resuming whatever they were doing before pausing.

It was Nasima who raised her head this time to inspect the scene. "Should we..?" -- "Perhaps we should. I don't see Yvaine anywhere, simply Lorcan and Morrigan and I believe Adela." The two mares stood for a moment, exchanging looks. Knowing Biscotti, something was most likely said. What about? She wasn't sure, but not many nice things escaped that mare's mouth. She had a tendency to speak whatever was on her mind, something Nasima typically admired in others, though not in Biscotti.

"Well, hurry then, before anything happens," muttered Nasima, already beginning to break off into a walk, forcing Cadhla to wobble on behind her. "My dear, I am twice my size, I can't hurry up," snapped Cadhla, in response, teeth clicking the air with annoyance. "I'm going as fast as my body allows me to. Apologies for carrying life." Continuing, she continued to hiss and snap the entire way. By the time they reached the group, Nasima's poor ears were glued to her head, eyes staring at the complaining Cadhla until words were spoken.

"How dare you speak of my mother in such a crude and defaming nature."

Nasima entered the group first, staring at Biscotti. Had she insulted Sunna? Such a low move seemed astonishing, even for a mare such as her. However, she wasn't entirely surprised. It was expected. "What has happened here?" She asked her once Morrigan had finished speaking, though from what she heard, she believed that she could piece the story together. "This is truly saddening to see," she sighed. "We're in the midst of a severe drought with no food or water, and this is how we try to remain positive? By insults?" She was speaking to everyone, however, mainly Biscotti. "And you," she spoke, turning to the younger mare herself, "we do not speak ill of the dead here. Sunna did everything for the herd that you seek refuge in, and this is how you repay her? By speaking poorly about her and her son? Both sides are in the wrong, but it doesn't dismiss such behavior from you. You're the older one, take responsibility."

Nasima made it clear that both Lorcan and Biscotti were in the wrong, however, Biscotti being the older one should have taken things up more professionally. It was clear in how she delivered her words, with intensity and sternness that showed how seriously she found the topic. Opening her mouth to speak once more, Nasima was forced to clamp it shut upon the approaching Cadhla, who wobbled her way towards Lorcan. "My dear, are you alright?!" She could hardly break out into a run due to her enlarged stomach, and her walk resembled that of a chicken's, yet Cadhla still arrived rather quickly. Eerily quickly. Seeing Adela, the mare allowed her worried gaze to deflate as she broke out into a walk alongside of her. "Do fill me in, Adela," she began, before turning to Lorcan, "you poor, poor boy." Her words quieted upon the approach of Yvaine, Cadhla's attention remaining upon Adela and Lorcan while Nasima stayed near Yvaine and Biscotti, nodding her head to the deputy mare's words.

Edited at February 16, 2022 09:41 AM by Tenebris Umbra
Drought | Horse Rp [Open!]February 16, 2022 10:12 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

Reima

Filly // Yearling // Mentions: Biscotti, Lorcan, Morrigan (dir), basically everyone now (ind)

Reima's bit of peace was cut short by her mother nipping at her forelocks. She picked up the leg that was targetted in response, turning her hindquarters to further get out of the reach of her mother. I only take after you. She wanted to say but knew that'd only get another weird place on her body bitten. She wasn't the reserved type, but hell, she knew when to hold her tongue when it came to her mother. Well, sometimes. Reima made sure to keep a little distance from Biscotti's hip, just in case she did decide to punish Reima a bit more.

A small chuckle could only escape the filly as she dipped her head down to graze once more, munching on the tasteless, brittle grass beneath her. If her mom told her to eat, she was going to eat. Hell, she will be the fattest horse in the herd by the end of today, mark her words. Thats it. It's a competition with the rest of the herd- yes. Nobody shall have a bigger belly than Reima today. Reima started to eat more aggressively, plucking the grass with such passion only found when she felt as though she was in a competition. It seemed to help because the taste didn't really bother her anymore. Perhaps it was the fact that her tastebuds had become numb to the abuse they were given.

No one shall stop me- well speak of the devil. Reima picked her head up to the noise of hooves being dragged across the dead fields. Lorcan you little shit. Reima spotted the green grass in his mouth. Ah, there he was. It didn't take long for him to brag about the green patch he found, did it? Was he really going to munch that glorious bunch right in front of her? Had Reima just mistaken his sadness for a plan that was dwelling in his simple mind? No, she's overthinking it. Lorcan could never process being one step ahead of Reima. It's simply out of his level of intelligence.

Reima found herself already making a face at him as he neared, his posture remaining the same as the distance closed between them. "It's about time you decided that being a drag wasn't as fun as losing to me," Reima rolled her eyes, speaking before Lorcan could even get a word out. But, to her surprise, he dropped the grass. Eh? Was this some game he was playing? Reima perked her ears instead of keeping them in a lazy pin, one she often held whenever addressing Lorcan. Her eyes drifted down to the green grass that had fallen atop the colorless ground, then back up to Lorcan. It was obvious she was confused; as it's Reima; her expressions say it all. Where's his snide remark? She was prepared for one but instead was met by the grass's history.

So that's what they were doing. Fiddling with the last bits of green grass in the whole valley. Reima lifted a brow to his words. 'Better than nothing'. No way. Lorcan, giving away his rations to Reima and her mom? It must be poison. It's the only explanation. Or maybe his mother's death really did knock him in the head. Reima lowered her head to the grass, eyeing her mom as she was given the O K to eat it. If it was poison, she would make sure to first have someone else kill her, then kill Lorcan with her bare hooves. He wouldn't get the last laugh in this.

Before she could take a little nibble of its fresh greeness, she heard the words. Try not to choke. A sneer formed on her face, there's the little bastard. "Oh, somebody is definitely going to choke," Reima picked up her head, but Lorcan was already walking away. A huff escaped her, but it wasn't the usual exhausted one. It felt normal to get back at Lorcan. Like before all of this crap had happened. Reima dipped her head back to the grass, refusing to eat the last bits.

"The rest is for yo-" Reima was cut off by Biscotti, who seemed to take a nastier side to Lorcan's comment than her. Oh no. She wanted to tell Biscotti to lower her voice, but she couldn't find the right words to address her mom. Plus she'd probably get a swift kick to the rump if she tried to tell her what to do. Once Biscotti had said what she said, Reima knew it was too late. Wasn't that a little harsh for such a small comment Lorcan made? At least he was getting back to normal, but now her mom probably brought back all the wrong memories.

She couldn't deny it, her mom was the queen at finding just the right thing to say; it's just the timing couldn't have been worse. Everybody was upset, hungry, and brash, and it wasn't like Biscotti whispered these venomous words. All Reima could do was watch as the words hit Lorcan, she couldn't think of any comeback. Usually, she'd agree wholeheartedly with her mom, but the fact that Lorcan went out of his way to give them the grass shows that he was reflecting on his mother. Plus, Sunna wasn't that bad... well she definitely didn't exactly like Reima, but at least she never reprimanded her with a nip like all the other mares. I mean sure, she was a drag for trying to convince Lorcan not to banter with Reima, but she wasn't horrible.

' I thought she at least had some sense in that head of hers to at least raise one foal right if not all.'

Reima's lips tightened as she immediately made eye contact with Morrigan. Is she getting closer or is it just the sun in my eyes? Well, Biscotti was right in one thing. Morrigan was nowhere near right in the head, she's a spitfire that satan kicked out of hell, for sure. Reima was about to get pummeled if she wasn't careful, now. She looked toward Biscotti, who seemed to almost bite at Lorcan, but restrained herself. Phew. So we're not dead yet. The first to arrive was his aunt, Adela, ushering him away from the scene. N-now hold on, I'm a victim here too right? Please take me. That is what Reima wanted to say but bit back the words. She watched as another one of the mares ran toward the deputy; Yvaine. Ohhh shit. We're fucked, for sure. She could practically hear the deputy's words. 'How dare you, blasphemous, bla bla, etcetera etcetera,'

Wasn't it a bit drastic to actually run over to the deputy mare? One harsh phrase was said and now everybody's running toward the higher-ups, complaining that their feelings were hurt. That's when the red devil arrived. Here it comes, the first wave of hate that they'll receive today. To her surprise, Morrigan didn't even bat an eye at Reima. Instead, she went straight for Biscotti's throat, which is basically a direct attack at Reima. She immediately pinned her ears to the back of her temple, letting Morrigan's words infuriate her. She'll have to think twice about calling Biscotti a bitch. Which she could be at times, but saying it to her face?

Reima ground her teeth before speaking, not daring to put herself between Biscotti and Morrigan, as she knew Biscotti would probably run her over to get to Morrigan. "You're just proving her right at this point, you know?" Reima let out a scoff, not willing to rise to the same level of irritation as Morrigan. "If you don't want her to get so worked up about words, you should take a note from yourself," Reima said bluntly, but it was obvious that she was upset due to her stiffened stature. Before Morrigan finished, she let a threat fly. Oh hell no. Morrigan may be bigger, but Reima would be damned if she let her get away with such words.

"You're acting like a flustered foal, Morrigan. You should really consider shutting the fuck up before taking out your tantrums on those who are obviously restraining themselves. Biscotti could've reprimanded Lorcan but she didn't. It's not her fault that he came up to us." Reima spat out, saying what she could to rile up Morrigan. The more she gave into the idea that Sunna's children were unbridled, the more she dug her own grave. Either way, Reima wins. Morrigan whispered something to Biscotti, which Reima couldn't really understand, but she just decided to let Biscotti deal with that. She had done enough, plus, the deputy was coming and she didn't want to deal with her bland ass. She snorted as Yvaine approached, basically saying the same thing as the rest of them; just in a boring manner.

Reima distanced herself between them, backing up a bit before looking for Lorcan. She felt trumped in this scenario and wanted to just be near someone who was equally helpless in this situation.

Where's the yellow bastard when you want him.

Oh, there he was. Being smothered by his aunt and the overly pregnant mare. Reima immediately looked to find the small black stallion, who was simply resting with a cocked hoof by a dark patch in the riverbed. "Really, dad? Not going to step in like the rest of them?" Reima snorted, her voice was low and somewhat muttered, but one could hear it. Wouldn't expect any less. Reima tore her eyes off of him, watching as another mare joined in on the conversing. Like moths to a flame.

Drought | Horse Rp [Open!]February 16, 2022 10:38 AM

Tenebris Umbra

Darkseeker

Give Award
Lorcan
Stallion || Yearling || Mentions: Baldr, Reima, Biscotti, Adela, Inessa, Yvaine, Morrigan
Indirectly Mentions: Atolos

Hah, the look on Reima's face! Being nice was better than any form of trick he could pull on her. The way she stared at him, full of confusion.. The way she inspected the grass, most likely questioning if it were poison! Oh, he was a genius! Sure, she expected him to be cruel, but nice? It was even better than anything, because she didn't expect it. He truly was one step ahead of that witch! He was.. He was-

"Now. What would your dear mother say about that? I thought she at least had some sense in that head of hers to at least raise one foal right if not all."

Those words, delivered with such calmness and firmness, had caused the colt to stop in his tracks, the small smile falling. The buckskin yearling stood there for a moment, simply blinking and taking them in. He had let them truly register in his head.. Allowed them to sink in and remain there. Lorcan stood like that, blinking and staring as if he were a toy needing winding up. As if he had broken down. A confused expression twisted upon his face before slowly turning to face the mare who had delivered such words.

"I- I didn't.. I just.. Reima-" Spluttering, the smaller male tried to let words form, only to fail. Eyes flicking from mare to filly, he resembled that of a deer in headlights. "Please don't insult my mother," he finally managed to push out. His words were delivered in a softspoken manner, equally hoping not to cause drama. "Speak ill of me, not her," he additionally squeaked out. However, he had failed. He had failed everything the moment his aunt and sister arrived.

What had he done? He was trying to avoid this, and now look. Lorcan had involved others. He knew he shouldn't have said anything. He knew that he should have listened to his mother's advice. Oh, his poor mother! She would have been so very displeased with him, and his father. What would Atolos do if he heard of his son and his disrespectful words? He would surely dislike him more. What son causes drama during these times? He shouldn't have- Why did he need to say something? Why couldn't he walk off? Why couldn't he be quiet? Foolish, foolish, foolish. No wonder he was left alone. No wonder his mother died, she probably wanted to be rid of him. He deserved the words. He deserved to be insulted. He should have stayed quiet.

Ears twitching at the sight of his sister, Morrigan arrive, the yearling's eyes widened. "No, Morrigan, it was my fault. Please don't say anything," he mumbled. Biscotti and Reima were minding their own business before he arrived. Why were they being punished for it? "Morrigan," he repeated, only to be silenced by the approaching Adela. "Aunt Adela, it was my fault. I said cruel words. I shouldn't have said it. Tell Morrigan not to.." But it was too late. His sister began to speak, and when she began, she never ended until her point was proven. With ever word his sister spoke, he shrunk more and more, until Lorcan's head and body lowered in attempt to make himself unseen. Foolish, foolish, foolish, the words repeated in his mind. He was so idiotic. So naive. So.. So disappointing.

"I don't want to speak to Neela and Baldr, not yet," he added on, glancing to his Aunt. "I need to.. Can you fix it?" Tuning in, he heard the sound of Reima lashing at his sister, causing his face to fall even more. He felt a pinch of annoyance grow now. "She was just trying to defend me," he spoke, stepping forward slightly. "And not my fault for coming up to you? I gave you food." Stiffening, he should have known that she'd defend her dear mother. "I thought that-" I thought that we could go back to normal. "I tried to be nice, alright? Since when did a few words ever offend you, unless you've grown weaker in the short time that I haven't seen you." Speaking in monotone, he frowned, staring at Reima. "You used to handle it better." Blinking, he then turned to the others. "Can we just drop this, please?"

From the corner of his eye, he saw more arrive. First Morrigan and Aunt Adela, and now Nasima and.. and.. Cadhla? He truly enjoyed both of their companies, but something about seeing a large, pregnant mare running towards him struck an intense fear within him. Eyes widening as Cadhla neared, Lorcan pushed himself against Adela. "Cadhla, Cadhla I'm fine," he whined as the older mare began to fuss over him and-

Was that Yvaine? Who told her to arrive? Now surely Atolos would hear of this. His father would grow to dislike him even more now. The yearling nearly began to shake at the sudden group of individuals, all because of him. They had larger problems to worry about, and this was all his fault. He didn't want this to happen.. What was wrong with him? Why was he like this? How could everything go wrong in such little time?

He needed room. He needed space. It was getting hot. It was too claustrophobic. Too many of them. He was being crowded. Too much fussing. Too many..

The yearling stepped back, away from his Aunt, away from Cadhla and everybody's fussing. Without a word, he distanced himself onto the outside, nostrils flaring as he sucked in a large portion of air.

Drought | Horse Rp [Open!]February 16, 2022 11:08 AM

Polly

Darkseeker

Give Award
Adela
Mare | 12 Years | Herd Mare | Mentions: Yvaine, Lorcan, Morrigan, Biscotti, Reima, Cadhla, Nasima

Adela saw the moment everything became too much for her nephew. She didn't follow the pale colt as he backed away, simply watching him with kind eyes. Overwhelmed, claustrophobic, scared, hurt--when she'd come to his aid, she hadn't imagined so many other mares would come to his aid as well. So many were understandably overwhelming.

Her ears flicked as she heard what Morrigan said, and she sighed, turning her head back towards the growing crowd of mares. Surely, if it hadn't already garnered the attentionf of Atolos and Anil, it soon would. The two were perseptive, she didn't doubt they'd noticed and were leaving the mares to do what mares did.

"Morrigan," she called, trying to catch the chestnut mares attention. Her talking in such a manner would only escalate the situation, it would only make things worse. She kept her ears forward, friendly, inviting--she'd never been one to yell at her children, nieces or nephews, and she wouldn't start now. "Would you like to come over here with Lorcan and I?"

As she said the pale colts name, she turned her face towards him. "Come, Lorcan, let's escape the noise, yes? We don't have to go talk to Neela or Baldr if you don't wish to. We don't have to do anything you don't wish to."

She walked past the colt, not touching him, and lead the pair away from the loud noise. She trusted Cadhla and Nasima to know that they would make Lorcan even more fragile, even more tense. She needed to get him away from the noise and bustle, and she needed to get Morrigan away from the action before the chestnut mare made things worse.

When she believed she was a safe distance away, she turned her gentle gaze upon her niece and nephew. She blew a gentle breath upon Lorcan, but didn't touch him. Instead, she paid closer attention to Morrigan, face just as gentle, kind and open as it always was. She'd done her best to become a mother-figure to her niece and nephew, had done her best to defend them when she could.

"Morrigan, do you know why it wasn't good to say the things you did?" She asked softly, no edge of anger in her voice, merely curiosity.

Drought | Horse Rp [Open!]February 16, 2022 11:26 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

Biscotti

Mare || 5 Years || Herd Mare || Mentions: Reima, Lorcan, Morrigan, Yvaine, Inessa, Adela, Cadhla

Oh dear. She said that a little too loud.

Without a moment to react, they were swarmed by other mares, angry, and frustrated. Huh. Seems dear old Sunna did have friends.

First came Inessa, the short one. Sometimes Biscotti could barely believe her eyes, such a small horse, full grown, so full of maturity, yet.. so short. It was quite comedic in her eyes, and sometimes, by the sight of the little pony rushing towards someone, it made her chuckle a little here and there. However, in this case, there was no laughing. She watched as Inessa went to fetch someone, and as she squinted her eyes to see farther, to see whom the little pony was getting, her ears seemed to flatten against her skull, surprisngly, flatter than before. The atmosphere was troubled, disrupted, all because of Biscotti. Oh well, there is no doubt about it, it could only get worse from here on.

Speak of the devil~

Morrigan never ceased to surprise Biscotti. That attitude, the boldness. Quite an little stubborn asshat. But, she respected that.. too a certain extent of course.

"You need to mind your tongue Biscotti because you're sure looking like a real bitch."

"Spicy one, aren't you?" She opened her mouth to speak more, but the raging mare had whispered into Biscotti's ears, surprising her a little bit. Rambling on about the position, and herself gaining the likes of the Lead Stallion. How stupid could she be? Smiling faintly, she perked her ears forward, staring Morrigan in the eyes, "Oh honey- if I wanted the lead position, I'd be well on my way on getting it. However, you're in luck, I have no intention on stealing the rank of a Lead mare. You must be delusional, think that I would want to become a lead mare, tsk. Do you think that much of me? I don't know how to feel about this Morrigan, whether to feel loved by those accusations of yours, or to be upset, since of course, those accusations are horribly incorrect."

The mare had began to walk away, and Biscotti clicked the roof of her mouth before speaking towards Morrigan for one last time. This time around, her voice was quiet, and soft. She didn't know if it were necessarily reach the chestnuts hearing range, but then again, she didn't truly care. "Like daughter, like mother. Both, irritable bastards."

Biscotti didn't truly know why she disliked the previous mare so much. Was it because she was kind, and respectable and she was jealous? Was it because the mare was indeed a Lead mare, having authority over the herd, and Biscotti? Was it because she wanted the power Sunna would hold? No. The answer to those lingering questions were all, a simple, "no." Because in reality, the herd mare did not despise Sunna. She despised her children~ and the only way to get to them, was to use their deceased mother.

Oh well.

Glancing down beside her, looking to Reima, she wasn't displeased with the yearlings performance, however, she does believe the little filly could have done better. But nonetheless, Biscotti was proud of her yearling. Standing up for yourself, makes you broader, and stronger. And shows others you are not one meant to be messed with. Reima still had a ways to go, but was well on her way.

Oh lookie. As if the party couldn't get any more exciting, Cadhla and Nasima joined in.

Nasima had begun to speak, to whom at first, Biscotti had no clear idea as of yet. Until the mare turned to Biscotti herself, and she sighed quietly to herself, readying herself for a pathetic, waste of breath earful. After the mare finished her little, speech, her, and Cadhla began to surround Lorcan as long with Adela, trying to comfort or usher him away, she didn't know. She casually sent a glare or two down the colts way. He is a yearling for gods sakes. He can take her simple words on, if not, he does not have a bright future of him, now does he? Why must he be smothered by others because of a few harsh words? That wasn't even the worse of Biscotti's words, probably one of the more lighter ones.. psh, dramatic.

Today was going to be eventful.

Just as the Deputy came by. As Yvaine demanded what Biscotti had said earlier, at the start of this argument, she picked out a single sentence te Deputy uttered.

"I beg of you to lie in my face."

"Oh of course. Well, in simplicity, I told him to watch his damn words around my daugther. However, in reality, I said, and I quote, "Now. What would your dear mother say about that? I thought she at least had some sense in that head of hers to at least raise one foal right if not all."' Biscotti stared right back to the deputy, and clearly, the deputy was not in the mood for this shit. But then again, was anyone really in the mood to deal with this? If they weren't in the mood, they should have simply steered away. Simple. Easy.

Drought | Horse Rp [Open!]February 16, 2022 12:46 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

Osin

Mare | 3 Years 2 Months | Herd Mare | Mentions: Mares (ind.) Yearlings (ind.)

Watching as the events unfold, Osin was standing quietly over by the fallen log. Earlier, she saw Baldr and Larcon around it, and just before Biscotti had started up a fuss, the herd mare saw that one of the yearlings had a green mouthful of grass. Yes. Green. Granted the yearlings had found it, and they needed it more than her, she couldn't pass up at least a small little nibble. It would only be a nibble-

Shifting her body, her front end pointed towards all the commotion, and her back end away from it all, the mare held her head down low, her lips scowering the ground, taking small little bits of the grass, and savoring every blade. Osin could see where the yearlings had plucked mouthfuls of grass, 3 or 4 small little circular patches of green grass were evident. Well, if you looked into the shade they were. The grass was growing more healthy than the rest of it, because it was being shielded by the sun for about 12 or so hours, and it was all because of the fallen log. And for that, Osin was thankful. No, it wasn't like the lush, delightful grass the herd once ate, but it was certainly better than the rest of this revolting crap.

Osin wanted to bud in on the argument, however, she could notice the Deputy rolling in, as long with other mares, all surrounding a few yearlings and eachother.

It seemed kind of pointless to bicker and argue during such a time, while at their most vulnerable and weakest. At the same time, she understood it a little bit. A lot of the herd mares here wouldn't back down to a simple insult or walk away ignoring it all. Most of them were fighters, those who would bite and kick back. It is good that they would stand their ground, however, at the same time, some of them didn't know when to back down. And by the looks of it, it would have just been better if they all ignored it entirely, and it would be over. Then again- this matter included Sunna.

The mare didn't know Sunna very well, she said her occasional "hellos" and "hi's" but they never really talked to one another or attempt to get to know eachother. But, Osin knew how loved she was by her family, and she was an inspiring mare, sometimes she wished she had gotten to know the mare more, and she regrets every time she walked by the mare and said nothing but a simple greeting. But the past is in the past.. and there was nothing she could do about it now. Maybe though- maybe she'd try to get to know some of the other horses in the herd a little more.

Before she realized it, after thinking to herself for so long, she glanced down to see she had eaten more than half of the green grass, and Osin winced, and groaned quietly to herself.

"Woops-"

Drought | Horse Rp [Open!]February 16, 2022 02:57 PM

Imperial Sands

Darkseeker

Give Award
Atolos
Stallion | 10 Years | Lead Stallion | Mentions: Anil, the Herd

A deep, defeated sigh escaped the Lead as his Lieutenant spoke, breaking the news he feared hearing to him. He knew that, in a drought, water would be difficult to find, but he had hoped the herd would catch a break, give them hope that not everything was lost or hopeless, even if he was feeling that way himself.

"I see," he breathed out, his voice a mere whisper, unable to channel any more power into his voice. He raised his head to look out, trying to discern which direction to head in was better. He knew that somewhere, a while away, was a mountain range. Perhaps the best place to head was there. Temperatures were always milder in the mountains, so perhaps the drought wouldn't have had such a firm grip on it.

"Perhaps we should veer off and head towards the mountains. They are a good distance away, but it might be the best option we have," he offered his plan to his Lieutenat, wanting his thoughts on it. His ears flicked when the other mentioned bringing some of the others into the fold, but he gently shook his head. "No no, I don't want to worry anyone too much yet. Best too keep it between us for now," he said and turned his head to look at the herd.

That was when he found the congregation of them all a bit away. He could tell by the facial expressions and body language it was a tense disturbance and he let out a grunt of agitation. Could they not go without the confrontations for just a bit? He understood tensions were high, but it did no one any good to be at each other's throats.

"Come on," he murmured and turned from the other brute, heading in the direction of the others. From what he could tell, most of them seem to be directed towards Biscotti, so he could only assume she was involved in one way or another. Which didn't surprise him too much, the mare could be venomous when she wanted. Which was always.

As he approached the mares, he flattened his ears a bit, catching tid pits of words being saying. Not even to make an assumption on what was happening, but enough to know something was.

"What's going on?" He asked, deep tones a bit thick with agitation. Atolos let his eyes wander over each individual horse as he awaited an answer, his shoulders tensing as he wondered what had been said or done to cause the commotion.

Forums > Roleplay > Semi-Literate
   1    2    3    4    5    6 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us