Wolf Play : 1x1 || Boeing x Zeraphia
Chatbox
 Apothecary
10:33:53 Medicinally Autistic
I shared 20k mushrooms during fmc week.
 Falling Stars
10:33:15 star, she/her
grr i'm supposed to be selling a pup to someone but they haven't responded to anything. i gotta get this pup out of my den before my next babies come 😭
 Amygdala
10:32:34 Amy/Anpmygdala
Apothecary
Damn thats a lot of mush...can you share with me🤣 (jokingly)
 BuggyOs
10:31:34 Bug-a-boo
Amor
aww I hate that. It's happened to my mom a few times
 Ámor
10:30:22 On haitus
@Buggy
telling me i had to change my appointment which i took a half day at work for >.>
 Apothecary
10:29:58 Medicinally Autistic
IÂ’ll have to explore tonight though to regain the mush I spent on dominance. But IÂ’m still at 94,000 mushrooms so IÂ’m still safe xD
 BuggyOs
10:29:54 Bug-a-boo
Amor
aww that sucks, was it anything bad?

Apothecary
good!
 Apothecary
10:29:20 Medicinally Autistic
Now IÂ’m in 13th for domnance xD
 Ámor
10:28:46 On haitus
my doctor woke me up by calling me at 8:30am.
 BuggyOs
10:27:30 Bug-a-boo
Oh wait, it's my own art I'm tracing! I sketch on paper then transfer online to color!
 Saint
10:27:15 
yay! good luck! im off to class, have a nice day!
 BuggyOs
10:27:06 Bug-a-boo
I just forgot to add a new layer before I traced and colored my art :/ Now I have to redo some stuff
 starmutt
10:26:28 marsh | they/it
@Saint
oo hehe i'm gonna go redraft up my post for it then x3
 starmutt
10:26:07 marsh | they/it
come look at my cute potion bottles <3
-WP Click-
 Saint
10:25:56 
i would 100% use it (and donate to it)
 starmutt
10:25:34 marsh | they/it
i didnt make it because i was worried no one will want to use it xD but maybe its not a terrible idea
 Saint
10:24:57 
oh your ahead of me already lmao! itll be so helpful!
 starmutt
10:24:26 marsh | they/it
i was gonna make a hub for it haha have a trade hub
 Dragons Blood
10:23:34 Yong-sun (he/him)
welp time to go into explore
 Saint
10:23:22 
wait... idea... forum request

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Jaguar : +3
Crocodile : +2
Black Bear : -1
    Fall   Day  Weather:  Sunny

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2    3    4    5    6   ..   16 

1x1 || Boeing x ZeraphiaAugust 15, 2024 02:55 PM

Zeraphia

Lightbringer

Give Award

Nolian's faded blue eyes traveled to the long building. It wasn't the nicest of smells but he didn't particularly mind. Not at all. He took in a deep breath and reminded himself where he had come from.

No matter what, he had started from the literal bottom and worked his way up. Even if it wasn't intentional. But he wasn't going to argue against the King. If he had a reason for it, well, Noilan was going to assume it was for the best.

"I'll be just fine. You don't have to worry about me, just focus on you and what is best for you," he bobbed his head and smiled faintly. "I'm sure there are plenty of others who will help me around. You seem like you have something you need to attend to and I'm sure it's important," he alluded to her rush but shrugged it off as royal duties. Whatever she had, it likely wouldn't involve him.

"Take your time," Nolian added, stepping toward the stables with a firm nod. "Maybe just tell Henry where I went--actually, don't do that. I don't need him to tear any more of his hair out."

He let out a short noise, almost a cheeky laugh, before turning to the stables. His footsteps seemed far more confident as he made his way down through the pastures. His hands unbuttoned the vest he wore, slinging it over one arm and gladly loosening the tight neck of the tunic he wore. That felt better.

His presence drew some questioning eyes before he waved one hand, hung the vest up on a hook with hats, coats and cloaks. There was a giddy light in his eyes as he questioned who or where he could help.

It wasn't too long after before he was laughing along with the other stable helps and managers, shining saddles, fixing ropes and mucking stalls. His hair tousled and messy, looking almost the same way as he had when he first showed up. His eyes were bright--brighter than before--relaxed and casual. He had the lie that he was just getting used to their customs and what better than to learn them from the down-to-earth people that helped the kingdom run.

He just seemed too smart--too confident--for the lie to really work.

1x1 || Boeing x ZeraphiaAugust 15, 2024 07:59 PM

Boeing

Neutral

Give Award
Kayeni took one look at Nolian's disappearing back, then turned sharply on her heels and left without looking backwards. Ignoring the guards that began shadowing her again until she went into the keep and they finally left her alone. Purpousely taking routes through the castle that she knew from experience she could avoid her father, and any unwelcome people, from thenm knowing she was there.
She needed to be alone. She wouldn't ever show it on her face, but... she really needed to organize her head.
Reaching her quarters, she stumbled in and locked the door. The servants had definitely been in, she noted by the straightened sheets.
But damnit. Now she was alone, she simply... collapsed into one of the chairs.
Kayeni was proud enough to never waver in front of other people. She wouldn't snap, and even slouching her back was unheard of. Partly because of what her tutors had taught her, and partly because it was how she naturally was.
But in a locked room, she was allowed to let some of her steel fall onto the floor.
If she had any literal shield, it would have long fallen to the ground with a hollow thud.
Because she wasn't allowed to show any weakness to anyone else. Her pride and training demanded that, and she was the heir to a throne.
But they never said anything about in a locked room.
Which was why Kayeni sat there, just thinking. Not moving. Not really doing anything past sitting there, eyes closed, silently crying, letting herself show weakness to the empty room.
It may have brought her temporary relief, but it just made her feel hollow.
Like everything she did was an act for her father.
Because all she wanted to do was reject whatever her father was doing to her with absolue force. Hell no, she hated what was going on. She hated her father for forcing a "suitor" on her, no matter how nice he was. She hated not being consulted about her own goddamned life. Again and again.
So Kayeni just sat there in the quiet room, alone with her thoughts.
1x1 || Boeing x ZeraphiaAugust 15, 2024 08:43 PM

Zeraphia

Lightbringer

Give Award

The more Nolian interacted with the others in the stables, the more he realized that everyone around the castle had a perspective of the royal family that he wasn't aware of. Not that the north was that far away but it was far enough away that the intricate details weren't readily available to him. They all seemed to have the same opinion.

A headstrong princess wasn't good.

He couldn't quite figure out why though. Someone who had opinions, who didn't let themselves be walked over, who stayed firm and true to what they knew and wanted? Wasn't that a good thing?

It wasn't until he vocalized this question that he was quickly taught otherwise. The old barn manager tutted, leaning over to scribble notes down. "Being headstrong in some areas is alright," he explained briefly. "It is... it is like a good chariot horse. When you pull and pull strong, it benefits both. However, when you stray from that and begin to pull in your own direction without caring about the rest of the chariot or the other horses, you ruin every single attempt to get farther ahead."

Nolian tilted his head slightly. "... so... what if the horse is trying to do what's best?"

The man let out a small breath through his nose, a small chuckle. "Prince, the horse never knows what is best. They can be taught to learn and follow the lead. They can be taught boundaries and good habits. But left to their own devices, it never works."

Deciding to test his limits, Nolian leaned back and rested his elbow on the stall post beside him. "So, what you're saying is that the princess is like this... horse," he said slowly. "Well, I raise the other question. Why? How? If you can prove to me," he waved the saddle polish rag in one hand while he spoke, "that she really is like this horse--and it hasn't been just shoved on her like a pack mule instead--then I might believe you."

A ripple of surprise murmured through the others. Nolian's relaxed smile grew far more mischievous and dangerous. "After all, even the strongest and best of horses can endure too much. You put too much, too fast, you steamroll even the best of horses and what they want... they won't do a thing. You'll break that horse. I may not know how your customs work and your royalty, but--may I remind you--that everyone has a breaking point," he flicked the rag into the pile and stood up with the saddle. "Has anyone ever thought to ask if she might be overwhelmed? Anyone at all?"

His faded blue gaze swiveled and drew across the silent stables.

"Mmh, that's what I thought," his words were disappointed but daring. "Next time you want to talk about headstrong and whatever other garbage opinion you lot have, make sure that it's.... how do you say it... well informed?"

Nolian scoffed and stepped toward the rack, taking the vest again. "Tomorrow, when I come by, I expect to hear better opinions, more information and--compassion. Otherwise, well, we're going to have problems and I'm sure you don't want that," he flashed them a much more genuine smile before wandering out into the gardens. He had no clue where he was going but it made for a dramatic exit so that was fun.

1x1 || Boeing x ZeraphiaAugust 16, 2024 01:36 AM

Boeing

Neutral

Give Award
Kayeni stayed in her room for a while. Her thoughts finally crystallized. And a few hours on... she was hungry.
Apparently no-one gets away with hiding in a room by themself for long without getting some sort of urge to leave.
It was getting dark as Kayeni made her way down to eat with her father, and the court. Gone were any smudges of tears, or baggy eyelids. She looked every bit impeccable as she might have felt. Back straight, completely dedicated to her task.
Which was, of course, dinner. She was slightly late to the dinner, and as soon as she enetered the hall, she noticed a slight change in the regular seating arrangements. There was now an extra chair next to hers, and - ugh. There really wasn't a place for someone who honestly did not look in any way like a royal at this table, but somehow had squeezed in right there nonetheless.
She kept her gaze straight, only looking away to give a brief nod or smile to those that she was acquainted with. Making her way around the table, she sat to the left of her father... and to the right of her "suitor".
If anything, Nolian still smelt a bit like horses. But his suit still looked clean. His shirt... maybe a bit wrinkled, but nothing visibly wrong.
To Nolian's left, Henry sat with a quite resigned expression, staring down at his food. Kayeni took that as "Nolian had done something bad", and smiled downwards briefly.
But still. Did Nolian have to be here?
The answer was probably yes, she reasoned as food was placed in front of her. He was her "suitor", after all.
But that didn't mean she'd have to like it.
1x1 || Boeing x ZeraphiaAugust 16, 2024 03:20 PM

Zeraphia

Lightbringer

Give Award

Nolian had found Henry after getting lost in the gardens. The subsequent scolding he had gotten was far more than he could ever remember hearing. Henry was so flustered, so incredibly emotional that Nolian couldn't even understand most of what he was saying. Henry had all but flown into a flurry of emotion at the sheer look of Nolian.
He cited that he had just gotten him cleaned up and now he was looking absolutely filthy again. They didn't have time for this nor would it be a reoccurring theme. Nolian protested and prompted his like for horses for the mess.
It was an argument that turned a touch heated on both sides before it ended with a quick wash down, a new pair of trousers and shirt and then ushered off to dinner.
Henry's disappointment only continued as Nolian fumbled his way around the many forks and spoons. His hesitation wavered before he eventually just gave up.
His hands tucked neatly in his lap as he focused more on the conversation at hand than eating--and hoped no one would really notice.
It would be fine, right? In theory?
"Diametrya," one of the nobles mused idly, "that's to the west?"

"North," Nolian confirmed with a brief nod. "It's a bit farther north than one would think. There isn't much aside from the mountains and those are a beast to get over. The smaller mountain range here is reminiscent of home."

It wasn't a full lie but it was definitely a fabricated story.

"Customs are much different there than here," Nolian chuckled loosely and shook his head. "I'm still learning everything--so I hope you can pardon me if I make mistakes in the meantime. I don't mean to offend anyone at all."

Henry looked tired but not disappointed after he finished speaking. The other nobles began to chatter on about the mountains and the farms just beyond the mountain range. As Kayeni took a seat beside him, he gave her a wane smile. "I hope you feel better?" He asked quietly, lowering his voice just a touch.

1x1 || Boeing x ZeraphiaAugust 16, 2024 05:56 PM

Boeing

Neutral

Give Award
Kayeni looked at him briefly. "When was I ever not fine?" she replied, slightly tartly. She wasn't in the mood to talk to her suitor, real or otherwise. She wanted to eat. Not make idle conversation. So she focused her attention on her plate, hopefully ending the conversation and preventing a new one from starting. They had a pact to ignore the other as much as possible, and she wasn't going to stray from it.
Honestly, Kayeni thought, this Nolian guy was being too nice. And informal.
Damn, but he honestly was someone that her father had picked up from the streets. If the way he did things didn't point it out, his absolute bumbling around of formal things - damn, he couldn't even sit up properly - and honestly began to wonder.
How long did her father honestly believe that this "suitor" could remain undetected in the palace? Surely someone other than herself would eventually notice it.
Kayeni's brain had finally crystallized into knowing what she wanted to do. Eventually abandoning the remnants of her meal - she had probably eaten faster than she should have - she turned to her right, where her father was busily cutting a piece of meat.
"Father?" A nod in response.
"Can I have a bit of a word with you after dinner?" Another nod. Kayeni suppressed the shaft of disappointment that came with her father not saying anything to her, yet again. Was the steak on his plate really more important that interacting with his daughter?
Kayeni turned back to her meal.
1x1 || Boeing x ZeraphiaAugust 16, 2024 06:38 PM

Zeraphia

Lightbringer

Give Award

Nolian stifled his slight irritation under a brief nod. So, she didn't want to talk. They were technically in the public and should be doing the truce but if she wanted to rescind it, that was her decision. He'd just keep doing what he was doing.

Henry nudged his arm. "Aren't you hungry?"

"I..." Nolian hesitated, fishing for the words he wanted to say. "I mean..."

Henry tutted softly to his hesitation with a knowing nod. "Prince, this one will work much better for the meat," he lifted up his own fork for Nolian to see. Noilan dipped his head but didn't make much movement to actually eat at all.

Nolian noted the king's subtle silence to Kayeni and, in a daring approach, cleared his throat. "I'm so sorry to keep yapping, but is it custom to usually remain silent during meal times?" He asked, adding an awkward tone to his voice, "I just notice that not many others are actually... conversing that's all."

Most of the nobles didn't have a clue that he wasn't actually from around there. But it was a test to see who said what and if he could glean anymore details from anyone else. Anything at all to help him seem more noble. Or at least to help him assimilate into their culture.

That seemed like a fairly good idea. But it was also a subtle challenge to see what the King would say in front of the nobles. To answer yes, would imply that everyone was making a mistake by talking. To answer no, well, then he would have to answer as to why he didn't respond to Kayeni.

Nolian was waiting ever so patiently for the answer, a rather small smile mixed with some embarrassment. He didn't mind pretending to be a bashful bubbly fool at first. It was easier to have others open up and help him if they thought he was just a little clueless at first but curious. The curiosity helped them want to help him.

Most of the time.

The princess to his right was clearly an exception to that. Much to his own chagrin.

But oh well, he had the stables. He had... a sort of ish plan.

1x1 || Boeing x ZeraphiaAugust 16, 2024 07:16 PM

Boeing

Neutral

Give Award
Kayeni put down her fork and knife with a slight clink. She had a sudden urge to use said knife and fork and stab it into her "suitor" - but that was not a good idea. No, not at all.
Instead, she turned to Nolian. Being her suitor was one thing. But asking such a question to her father - this could get really ugly very quickly, and it was in her best interests to avert it.
Giving Nolian a death glare, she responded as diplomatically as possible - pretty much on behalf of her father, who was steadfastedly ignoring them.
"The level of chat here is quite normal compared to other days." She reduced her death glare slightly, as she could see Henry behind Nolian, focussing on his plate so hard and looking almost at the point of a heart attack. He would get hell from him later, so... maybe she should ease up a bit.
Plus, that question was quite the barbed question. If anything, Nolian seemed completely indifferent to the court's undercurrents, which was understandable, but... damn. He had a lot to learn about swimming in this political sea.
Honestly, whatever he thought he was doing - maybe he thought he was being clever? - he was doing it all wrong.
And it would probably have to be poor Henry that took the fall.
Kayeni made a snap decision to keep talking to Nolian. It wasn't exactly the worst idea - they were meant to be "engaged" after all - and she was practically duty-bound to stop Nolian from causing another international diplomatic disaster.
"Why do you ask? In Diametrya, is it much different?" She enquired as politely as she could. Damn, she hoped that her father would not kill him for that question. But it would be in the best interests of everyone if she tried to stop Nolian from asking things that might make her father kill him - and he should learn, too.
1x1 || Boeing x ZeraphiaAugust 16, 2024 08:19 PM

Zeraphia

Lightbringer

Give Award

Nolian tilted his head slightly, noting the lack of reaction from the king but the reactions of everyone else. He wasn't jumping to conclusions necessarily... but he was slowly drawing to a few uncanny points.

She seemed far too eager to continue a conversation. There was something she was hiding and, judging by the reactions of almost everyone else, it had to do with the King.

She stated that the level of chat was fairly normal to most days. In which, Nolian spun the answer in his head and tipped his head lightly. "Oh, it... it is much different," he confirmed with a lopsided and rather brainless smile. there wasn't much to see behind his smile, just an empty brain.

"The Diametrya courts are full--I mean full of people! They come from the castle grounds and everywhere. There is so much talking and chatter--meals can take upwards of hours to get through. It's a place of companionship. I'm just not used to the quiet," he admitted and rubbed the back of his neck with one hand.

Henry let out a slow breath. "Things are not always the same, you know."

"I'm learning," Nolian replied with a sheepish smile and a faint wince. "But I'm glad to learn. It is vastly different than what I'm used to."

Very, very different. He was determined to either make them rethink their decision of making him a suitor or change the regular ways of separation. Or, in another world... maybe make the king regret picking some stable boy from the middle of nowhere.

Henry had that look in his eye and Nolian knew full well what was coming later that night. He wasn't looking forward to it and had a feeling it would delve into a rather heated argument. But it wasn't his fault! He was just trying to decipher this world and why it was so vastly different from his own. It shouldn't have mattered!

1x1 || Boeing x ZeraphiaAugust 17, 2024 08:34 PM

Boeing

Neutral

Give Award
Kayeni's snap decisions weren't faring that well, it seemed. Now she was obliged to keep talking to Nolian and Henry - actually, her snap decision might not have been the worst idea. Still. It was probably best to get out of dangerous ground with Nolian clearly inventing things up on the spot, and trying to stop Nolian from making another international diplomatic disaster.
He probably didn't realize the subtle undercurrents at the table, and why they weren't exactly talking to each other. He really did have a lot to learn.
Problem is, Kayeni had just hit a brick wall. She had no idea what she could say to Nolian without him having to invent it off the top of his head.
Well, frick.
"Hmm. Well, the Diamtryan courts sound rather interesting, and quite different to ours." She gave him a smile as her brain scrambled. Thing, thing, thing. Aha! That was something.
"You went down to the stables earlier. I assume you're well-versed in horses?" she enquired. Internally, she was quite relieved. The others wouldn't exaclty suspect something was wrong as they moved to a topic that was worth idle curiosity but nothing major. Thank god, when he was so bluntly trying to inject himself into a very delicate topic earlier.
Now all she needed to do was entertain Nolian until the end of the dinner. And make sure that he stayed on this damned topic. Kayeni honestly couldn't care less about horses, but since Nolian might be, she had better put on her best face and pretend to care, at least.
Another lesson she had learned from her tutors. To get someone talking, bring up a point they likely know a lot about.
Now all Nolian had to do was stay on the topic of damned horses. Which she most certainly didn't care about, but... hey. Hopefully it worked.
Pretty easy, right?

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2    3    4    5    6   ..   16 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us