01:20:45 Sal, Salmon
Arachne
That's an unfortunate post lmao. "etc etc etc"
 starmutt
01:20:14 marsh | they/it
it would make people delete old posts to bump them to the top again though </3
 Arachne
01:19:03 Ara/Kat
i wish there was an option to delete our own chat posts, especially in sales if you mess up 😭
 Transcendence
01:18:55 free palestine
High talent wolves sound great, but I guess G1/short gen/cls are getting a bit of attention lol
 Night Shade
01:17:35 Graves | Chaos
Cute

♥︎ Blessing offers Calliope a piece of their kill. Calliope blushes in response.
 Transcendence
01:17:22 free palestine
Yeah they kind of didnt want the paws please and possible popularity contest drama. It seems to be going well here but I saw that the HEE players didnt care for it so meh
 starmutt
01:16:09 marsh | they/it
sillies
-WP Click-
 starmutt
01:16:02 marsh | they/it
yeah i was kinda sad there's a lack of paws and comment interaction on HEE lol
 Transcendence
01:15:36 free palestine
HEE- we avoid the paws thing at all costs
 Transcendence
01:15:11 free palestine
People with a lot of time and money. Also Eve on her apple hill lol
 Transcendence
01:14:22 free palestine
We dont need a paws popularity leaderboard the breeding leaderboard exist XD
 starmutt
01:13:18 marsh | they/it
1000T studs. meaning over 6000 apples spent to create them.

Buffy has 1500+ offspring and Ghostface 2000+

therefore in lots of high T wolf bloodlines lol

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Jaguar : +2
Red Fox : 0
Coyote : +3
    Winter   Night  Weather:  Clear  Moon: 

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2 

Edith Rose x ValorousSeptember 17, 2022 06:59 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
Please do not post unless your name is in the title, thanks!
Edith Rose x ValorousSeptember 17, 2022 09:42 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

“Marriage?!”

A shout of utter rage and disbelief shook the walls of the King’s private study. It was a wrathful roar capable of igniting uncontrollable trembling into the ears of any human being . . . all human beings with the exception of King Darian, who Vesper never did strike much fear into. Regardless of how violently his tantrums stormed. The older man relinquished a sigh, sitting himself further back into the cushioned chair he was seated in, and clasping his hands loosely together. The fuming, young prince furiously paced in front of his father’s seat. A faint crimson tint flushing his cheeks to demonstrate his anger boiling within him.

“Yes, an arranged marriage.” The King spoke calmly, with a raise of his hand to silence Vesper from interjecting with a lengthy tangent. “Between you and the Princess of Esteil, as to establish an alliance. I’m most certain the lovely kingdom will be expecting you soon, son-” King Darian did not speak warmly of Esteil, but before he could introduce the true intentions behind this arrangement, his son’s tongue sharply filled the room with venomous words.

“No, I absolutely refuse anyone from that dirty, coastal kingdom! The ocean smells, no doubt the people do as well. And the food? Ungodly, an assault to my cultured palate. And I most certainly will not make myself acquainted with a woman from Esteil-” Vesper fumed, pressing his tongue to the side of his cheek briefly. What if this Princess is… unseemly in appearance? I will not be on the arm of a hideous woman! “-What did I do father, to deserve such a cruel punishment? This. Is. Cruel!” Vesper was being purposely dramatic, wanting the weight of his woes to be felt by his father. Who simply, sighed once more, and raised his hand to silence his son.

“I want you to assassinate the Esteil royal family.” King Darian spoke, quieter than his former words, but they slapped Vesper much harder than the proposal of marriage itself did. The young prince stopped in his pacing, his eyes searching his father’s blue hues now. Is he serious? “To place the person I trust the most, my most loyal of kin, into this wondrous opportunity is my angle, Vesper. If not us, I fear an organization of rebel rousers will conspire and plot the overthrowing of the royals. So this is a grand opportunity to blindly usurp the Esteil royals for power, and to place a Linettran on the throne. You son, when you succeed, it will be you I place on that seat of power and rightfully so if I do say so myself.” Father, please do not condemn me to a life on a throne. “I’ve seen you in battle, Vesper. In training, as well as been witness to your sly accomplishments around the palace, and within Linettra itself.” Hm, so father is aware of my scheming plays for fun. “I don’t think any man I know other than you is both competent and skilled enough to pull this off successfully. Without arousing suspicion, and without being caught and tried in the process.”

Vesper knew what those last additives of his father’s words meant. Failure will not be tolerated from Vesper, not in the slightest. As the pleaser to his father that Vesper is, of course he would -reluctantly- agree to such a murderous task. But at the cost of his current happiness? It hardly seemed a fair price to pay, and it's not as if Vesper even desired the reward for assassinating the entire royal family. Offing the unwanted wife will be a bonus. However, if he was in his father’s best graces, perhaps there would be other things the young prince could secure from his father other than a hold of power . . . “I unhappily acknowledge and accept your proposal and task at hand father,” Vesper dipped his head in respect before setting it straight again, “This princess, how ugly is she?” The young man asked, very seriously, and this in turn caused the King’s shoulders to shake from a hearty chuckle.

“My son, I should have expected that to be your greatest of worries,” King Darian smiled with a shake of his head, “I have heard she is a beauty in her kingdom.” Vesper scoffed, clicking his tongue in disagreement. “Of course what you’ve heard from Esteilians is that she’s pretty, no one is allowed to call a royal an ugly troll, even if that is in fact what they appear to be. You should know, people of Linettra say Kaena is rather gorgeous. We all know how much of an overstatement that is.” Vesper smirked, with King Darian giving a faint look of reprimand to his son.

“Take the night to allow your reality to fully sink in, prepare yourself for your journey and task ahead, and I excuse you from my study.” King Darian was politely shooing Vesper out, his true meaning being ‘this is happening, enjoy your last night in the palace, and be gone by dawn’. With a silent bow -one that demonstrated a silent sarcasm- Vesper straightened himself and briskly pushed past the larger doors to the study before the sound of his boots clicking as he walked filled the hall. If King Darian was expecting Vesper gone so soon, then surely his father has known about this arrangement for some time. Rightfully the King waited until the last minutes to inform Vesper, knowing the young prince to try and wiggle himself out of the situation if he had the time to do so.

“Conversation went well I take it, Your Highness?” A sweet voice of mockery filled Vesper’s ears, as Einar -his personal guard- stood at the end of the hall's corridor, smiling devilishly at the sour-faced prince. “The silent treatment? Cold, my friend.” Einar added, with Vesper stopping to slightly incline his head up to meet the eyes of his friend who stood a good two inches taller. “I’m getting married. To a princess of Esteil. I order you to kill me now.” Vesper spoke borderline theatrically, his brows knitting together in great agitation. Einar remained silent for only a moment before a truly amused laugh came from the knight. “Your Highness, I’ll admit, the role of marriage does not suit you. That is as much as I will comment on that. But kill you? I must refuse that order. Your father would hang me at the front of the palace with my own intestines if I were to let a single hair on your head be harmed. Imagine what he would do if I, or anyone else, killed you?” It’s not me who’s getting murdered. Vesper only pressed his lips into a thin line, and proceeded around the corner to begin the walk to his own chambers. No doubt Vesper would spend the night ranting, forcing poor Einar to listen at the door, and harshly commanding his pitiful gentleman in waitng, Kerim, around the room to pack up Vesper's things.

And by dawn, more like late morning with Vesper’s love of taking his sweet time, they would set out to be welcomed by Esteil. Oh, and if there was no grand reception for the Prince of Linettra? It will encourage a pissier mood from the young man, albeit he will hold a smile, while mentally murdering each and every Esteilian he encounters in a brutal manner. Assassinating the royals themselves will be no easy feat, and it will certainly be a job that requires perfect timing, and quite a lot of time in general to carry out. Unless he manages to poison them all at once within the first week. Mission accomplished, then he can return home! I came, I saw, I conquered, kiss my ass Esteil, I'm out. Vesper could only pray it goes so quickly, and so smoothly. But a small, nagging voice in his head said to expect otherwise.

Edith Rose x ValorousSeptember 18, 2022 07:50 AM

Edith Rose

Neutral

Give Award

Edith listened to the brush glide through her hair in a steady rhythm before feeling Tabitha begin a braid a section of her hair. She started by creating two braids at the front before coming over her head and joining into one at the back. The two girls were surrounded by complete silence until her door suddenly creaked open, Edith gave a frustrated sigh not even looking to see who entered.

"Next time you enter without knocking, I shall personally lop your hand off." She said curtly only to receive a familiar nervous chuckle causing both her and Tabitha turn their heads.

"My apologies little sister." Charles said with his ever so charming grin plastered on his face. He quickly rapped a couple times on the door to give the illusion of knocking before stepping in any ways. "Father has summoned you, he's sitting in the throne room as we speak. It's probably best to make haste, he seemed serious." Charles said subtly making his way to the nearest dresser to take advantage of having a excuse to nose around his sisters room. Edith gave him a look of distaste as Tabitha tried to refocus on her hair.

"Yes yes, I'm sure everything father says sounds important to you Charles, but some of us have better things to do than entertain a drunk." Edith said with a eye roll which was met with a sterm look from her brother.

"Edith, thats-" Charles began his usual lecture when Edith said something wrong. It always started how she was disrespectful and rude, then led into how she isn't held to much standard and should appreciate all that is done for her, blah blah blah.

"Oh Charles dont start. I get it. After Tabitha finishes my hair I will meet him in haste. Now stop nosing around my room." She huffed giving him a look almost causing Tabitha to lose her grip on the last bit of brade. Her brother gave her and Tabitha a nod and another of his heart melting smiles before making his way out her room leaving the door cracked behind him. She wrinkled her nose at the scenario but decided to leave it seeing as she was going to be exiting soon anyways. Tabitha regained full focus without Charles in the room as a distraction and quickly finished the elegant braids leaving only two whisps on eit side of her face undone. Edith stood up from her chair before moving towards the door.

"When I return, I expect my room to be in a state of excellence." Tabitha nodded and smiled as she always did and saw her off. Edith took her time drifting through the halls, taking the most complex roots she could think of. The last time they called her in like this was she was 16 and they had forced her to give up learning fencing saying she had no need for it, there were always guard around, and it was rather unlady like. She let out a irritated sigh, what aspect of her life were they going to take away next she wondered. As this thought crossed her mind she reached the doors to the throne room. They are giant wooded doors with a tigers face etched into it, she pushed the right door wich swung open with ease to reveal the throne room. It was a symbol of elegance, the floor made of marble and gold. Beautiful healthy vines twisted around the throne and a marble life-size tiger statue sat on either side of the thrones each sporting marble crowds bathed in gold. Her mother and father sat in their respective thrones. Oddly Charles stood on her Father's side and Cedric stood on her mother's. Charles held a look that screamed guilty child and Cedric looked as if he'd rather be anywhere else. Her father had a sterm expression and her mother looked rather blissful, she immediately knew something was up.

"Edith." Her father started making her eyes narrow. "Our kingdom has been surrounded by war and death for as long as I can remember. I want to make a land where everyone can come together. Where nobody gets treated lesser or slaughtered because of their origins, there is only one way to make that happen my dear. That is with a alliance." Edith nodded even though she knew half of what he said has not true, he didn't care about how people got treated. The only thing he cared about was the war and that was because he was forced to funnel millions of gold in it when he'd much rather just spend it on booze.

"And your point is father?" She asked causing both her father and mother to give her a look.

"My point is, a alliance requires a promise, and you are that promise. You shall be wed Edith, your suitor will be arriving tomorrow." Wed? Tomorrow? What? This was the first Edith was hearing of this, which was not a common occurrence. Usually one of her little flies had been listening from the wall, and would quickly come report any sort of information they gathered to her for a extra coin or two so this must of been real hush hush.

"To the head of which kingdom?" She said after a dreadfully long silence, what was supposed to settle the mood simply made the tension sky rocket.

"Well Edith.. your to be wed to the youngest son of the Linettra Family." These words hit Edith like a bag of bricks, married to the YOUNGEST son. Yet another line of spoiled little boys standing directly between her and true power.

"This is unacceptable." Edith spat without thought, both her brothers looked at her with shocked faces. Her mother looked heartbroken and her Father's face had flushed red with anger. Her father opened his mouth to speak but it was her mother's words that came out.

"Edith Rose, you don't say that, this is beyond you and your stupid opinions and desires. It's bigger than that, this is the whole kingdom at stake. He shall arrive tomorrow and be met with a banquet, you should greet him at the door with a smile and a kiss, then the two of you will be married within a few weeks and get to creating a Aire. We will bestow titles and properties upon the two of you after your arrangement darling, it will not be the end of the world but a start of a new one. Plus I've heard he's quite handsome." Her mother said leaving little room for argument, unluckily for her Edith had enough room for argument to work with.

"I will not attend the banquet, I will not kiss him at the door, I will not jump to bare his children, and I do not care about his looks, I do not want stupid titles such as dutches, there is no start of a world without the end of another. All I care about is his power and from where I'm sitting, it looks like he doesn't have any." This time her father didn't let her mother jump in.

"He has much more power than you do Edith and much less than I do, so the both of you will do as I say, and you will do as he says. If not your other option would be Grainer. Is that what you would prefer?" Edith wrinkled her nose at the thought of the island. There was no true power there, there was nothing to take over exempt a bunch of tribes, and they all hated each other so it would be a constant battle of control, although the other option didn't get her any farther up the totem pole of power either. Despite that she already knew her choice.

"No." She said causing her father to lean back in his chair with a smug look on his face.

"Then it's settled. Tomorrow you will attend the banquet and at least meet you husband to be." He said before giving a dismissive wave of his hand and standing from his throne, and just like that he was unwilling to renegotiate. He says that he only delt with official problems on official time, unless it was a matter of life and death. Edith turned to the door and walked out in silence as her mother and father began to chat amongst themselves. Edith was so lost in thought she didn't notice Charles had followed her until his hand was on her shoulder.

"Edith! I'm so sorry, I wasn't told about that until I returned from getting you, otherwise..." he trailed off obliviously expecting Edith to infer.

"Oh no worries brother, it's not as if it's my whole life being traded away for a peice of paper that says 'I promise not to fight you' from a kingdom that we hate or anything. Oh- wait." Charles flinched at her words.

"I'm sorry-" Charles said in a pained tone, she could tell he truly had nothing to do with it but that didnt change how she felt. She stopped walking and turned to address her brother.

"For what Charles, for not taking the leap and marrying a Linettra daughter so I don't have to waste my life on the youngest son." Charles didn't say anything for a moment.

"W-well that's different as I'm the Aire and you know that. Besides, they have no unmarried daughters." He stammered, Edith rolled her eyes and turned around without another word. She made her way swiftly back to her room and swung the door open causing Tabitha to jump.

"Edith! Welcome back my lady. Did something happen?" She asked quickly recovering from her surprise and greeting the princess with a curtsy.

"Did something happen? What a stupid question, look at me Tabitha, you tell me what you think. I know you've got a brain in there other wise you wouldn't be breathing." The girl looked down guiltily and muttered a apology. Edith let out a sigh deciding to confide in her handmaiden, who was she going to tell anyways, plus soon it would be common knowledge. The kingdom would meet her to be husband at the gates with gold, food, and festivities. She was sure even the outer rink would be ecstatic. During banquets like this four banquet halls would open each on another side of the castle and people from all over Esteil would come to join in the festivities. It only happened on special occasions such as crownings, royal births, and well weddings. "My parents have arranged for me to wed. He shall be arriving tomorrow." Tabithas eyes lit up.

"Oh that's wonderful ne-" one look told her everything she needed to know "I mean, that's awful, just awful. I'm sorry my lady." She said laying her hand gently on Ediths shoulder for comfort. Edith didn't really see a point in getting mad at her assumptions, she was sure the rest of the kingdom would react in a similar way.

"Only time will tell how this is going to turn out. Perhaps if I play my cards right this could be beneficial to me after all." She pondered aloud, Tabitha gave her shoulder a reassuring squeeze and a nod that didn't make Edith feel any better but in all honesty she appreciated her idiot of a handmaidens support, obviously she wasn't getting it anywhere else.

Edith Rose x ValorousSeptember 18, 2022 06:37 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

“Vesper.”

A quiet voice followed by a single, polite knock at his chamber’s doors echoed in Vesper’s ears. The young prince cast his eyes towards his window, with the curtains recently having been drawn up to expose the sky that had been barely graced by the dawn's early light. “Come in.” Vesper responded kindly, knowing who the entity to enter would be. It took only seconds for the doors to his chambers to open and close, with no other than the brunette Crown Prince of Linettra to stand regally with his hands clasped in front of him. A solemn smile graced Avel’s features, which Vesper was tempted to snarl at as his blue hues turned to his eldest sibling. “I don’t need your pity, brother.” Vesper stated, the kindness in his tone threatening to relent.

“I’m not here to offer you pity Ves, I’m here to bid my brother goodbye. Mother also sends me with her goodbye, but I know how little that’s worth to you.” Avel replied, stepping closer to Vesper. The two Iorwerth boys locked eyes for a moment, with Vesper giving a light sigh and sweeping his arm towards the foot of his bed in a gesture for Avel to sit. With the Crown Prince heeding the silent request, Vesper walked towards the bed as well to sit and accompany his brother.

“You’ve known for some time, haven’t you?” Vesper asked, in a tone lacking venom, but one with a subtly hurt undertone. And if you do know, brother, how much do you know of the true intentions? Avel simply nodded his head, down casting his gaze to the floor in guilt. “Don’t hang your head like a dog that’s been kicked,” Vesper playfully scolded, “I’m not angry with you. Disappointed in the situation, yes. But I burnt through most of my rage overnight.” Vesper sighed, laying back on his bed dramatically. And in truth, he spent so much time ranting to both Kerim and Einar that his voice had threatened to evade him. That alone was faintly noticeable by Vesper’s huskier set of vocals today.

“Arranged marriage is hardly the worst thing to endure. Lorelei and I are very happy together, deeply in love in fact. You know this, brother. I do wish you find the same content with your bride to be.” Avel smiled encouragingly, laying back on the bed as well so he and Vesper were eye to eye once more. The fact Avel was even remotely happy for Vesper told the younger prince one thing however; Avel is unaware of the murderous plot at play. It was meant to stay between the King and Vesper though, and this the younger blonde knew for certain now. “You might want to think about changing your wardrobe, just a bit Ves. Esteil is much warmer than our beloved, northern Linettra. Considering we barely get by with our lavish vineyards in the southernmost region of our kingdom getting the warmest weather. So I'd think it's safe to say the general climate in Esteil will be a bit warmer than our southern provinces.” Avel spoke, his hand twirling a bit as he did so, as per the Crown Prince’s habit when he’s in conversation. Vesper huffed, not even remotely pleased to hear just how much of an adjustment he would have to be making. Everything in Vesper wanted to plead with his eldest brother to help him find a way out of this, but alas, Vesper could never disappoint his father. It would kill the young prince to see any disappointment in the King’s eyes directed at him, and thus he had to do this.

“You’re going to make a poor excuse of a Commander. You’re too sappy, Av.” Vesper smirked, with Avel returning a playful scowl. With Vesper gone, however, this was his way of saying he was bestowing the honor of the rank to Avel. It would only be temporary, Vesper reminded himself, he would be back to commanding his men soon. The young prince himself has led a handful of battles, primarily against the barbarians of the lowlands, a barren land to the east. Although, he has commanded a few skirmishes between Esteilian forces. Linettra itself was a kingdom that could be doted on for its wealth and warriors primarily. The constant fighting between Esteil is quite costly though, and while Linettra is primarily a self-sufficient kingdom, even it has felt some strain financially over the years. “How about a final game of piss off the entire palace? For old times sake, brother? Rousing the castle with obnoxious cockeling screams is a wonderful way to officiate my pardon.” Vesper smiled mischievously, with Avel shaking his head with a light chuckle.

“One more time.” The Crown Prince agreed.

••

Morning had come and gone, the sun high set to signal the period of mid-afternoon over the triad of Linettrans enclosing on the Esteilian northwest border. Vesper sat haughtily atop his beastly black gelding, a pure blooded Percheron, the favored horse breed of Linettra. The horse was pinned up in golden tack and a golden embroidered bridle to signal this horse -Nightingale being its name- was transporting a royal. Each of the horses with riders were each fitted with small panniers to allow their packings to be brought as well. The young prince himself was garbed primarily in black, and while a color of mourning in most cultures, it is a color of power -when accompanied by gold- in Linettra. Vesper’s over jacket had beautiful golden embroideries lining the cuffs and sides to stand out against the primary black color. And on the back, the raven crest of his family and kingdom; the raven having two swords crossing behind it, and the bird being surrounded by a silver shield. The black undershirt he wore also possessed golden embroideries along the collar he had folded down, with the buttons on both the shirt and jacket being small and golden. The pants he wore were black, custom tailored slacks with the bottoms too having gold embroideries. Both the prince’s daggers were openly on him as well, as they usually were; one sheathed at his hip and the other at his thigh. They were there more so for accessory though.

At his left side sat Einar in a lighter set of silver armor, the open and fitter style being to better suit him for the climate of Esteil. Both Einar and Kerim rode twin black and white Percheron geldings, both horses putting on a black and white tack and bridle display as well to signal they were the prince’s posse. Kerim only wore a simple black undershirt, with looser trousers, and a vest with silver embroideries to show he was of a lower status. Both boys also bore the kingdom’s emblem; the symbol being on the shoulders of Einar’s armor plates, and the symbol also being on the back of Kerim’s vest. In tow, trailing behind Kerim attached by a lead, was a flossy coated black Fresian mare. The mare’s hair was recently crimped with a few braids holding small white flowers, and a red rose sitting at the top of the horse's head. This horse was to be a gift to Vesper’s bride. Did he have to bring one? Not exactly, but the young prince assumed presenting a gift as a gesture of good faith to his new wife would be taken well. The gift to the King of Esteil is this marriage arrangement, so Vesper left it at that.

As the trio came upon the outer ring of the kingdom, Vesper’s demeanor shifted to allow his charismatic charm to envelop the air around him. Esteil certainly looked and felt different from Linettra by far. Linettra is a kingdom surrounded by forest, with the woods and small rivers dividing most of the provinces within. At the north most of the kingdom, at the base of a mountain range stood the mighty Linettran palace. Vesper saw no such familiarity in Esteil, with their kingdom possessing rings, and Linettra being fairly open, giving the kingdom the illusion of being much larger than its borders actually go. Of course the prince and his entourage of two was respectfully welcomed and received at the Esteil border, and polite conversations and formalities commenced, ending with the Linettran’s being led through the kingdom to be finally received at the palace gates.

Through the outer rings primarily, Vesper’s smile and few waves were what he gave the lower class. Even going as far as stopping to converse briefly from time to time with the lowly Esteilians. This was a subtle tactic to warm them up to better liking Linettrans as a people, because surely if a prince of Linettra is a sweet fellow to the lower class, then it betters Linettra’s reputation as a kingdom. “Charming as always, Your Highness.” Came the quiet mutter from Kerim, who rode at Vesper’s right. The strawberry blonde male from stance and appearance alone could almost pass as an in service noble though, rather than a gentleman in waiting.

“Is that sass, Ker? I’ll make you walk the rest of the way if need be.” Vesper fired in a quieter reprimand, to which Kerim merely gave a 'humble' bow of his head. “Of course not my prince, and I do not wish to walk.” Kerim replied, in the soft spoken manner he always spoke with. The prince hummed, and focused back to their journey closer to the palace gates, which was a rather short distance now. “Looks as if I’ll be receiving a proper reception after all.” Vesper mused with a pleased smile, seeing the movement at the gates. While the prince wasn’t sure what to expect from Esteil in terms of being welcomed, he assumed it would be good. Vesper may be the youngest of the royal family, but he is still a prince one should not offend. The young man is probably the only one King Darian would start a true war for with another kingdom should Vesper so demand it. So it was best to at least initially welcome Prince Vesper as if he is a ruler himself in order to avoid offending the young man. Besides, Vesper is on a murderous mission, and its best not to piss off an assassin in the disguise of a charming suitor.

Edith Rose x ValorousSeptember 18, 2022 08:54 PM

Edith Rose

Neutral

Give Award

Edith spent the hours after her parents abrupt announcement pacing and fuming. She had ranted to Tabitha not only about the engagement but about each and every little detail she could. She nit picked her whole existence to her handmaiden who stood mostly in silence, every so often pitching in a line of feedback. She was in the middle of a sentence when there was a soft knock on the door. The room went quite as Ediths eyes landed on the door ready to verbally slaughtered whoever was on the other side. Tabitha looked nervously between the door and Edith before tentatively making her way over and pulling the door open. On the other side stood a nervous looking servant who awkwardly offered Tabitha a letter. She muttered a thank you and swiftly shutting the door.

"What is it." Edith hissed eyes trained on the nice white paper clutched in her handmaidens hand.

"A letter my lady, from... your mother?" She said as she hurriedly rushed to her princesses side. She handed the letter over to Edith who thoroughly examined the letter. It was wax sealed, a tiger nicely molded in, and the word Giana written down is beautiful cursive she recognized to be her mother's.

"Well don't dottle Tabitha, go get the letter opener." Edith barked causing the frizzy haired girl to rush off to Edith's desk. She scrambled through drawers as Edith flipped the peice of paper in her fingers. Finally, after checking the last drawer, she pulled out the letter opener and promptly opened the letter.

"Read it aloud would you?" Edith instructed before taking a seat on her bed. Tabitha gave her a nod.

"It reads 'Edith darling I know your upset but in time you'll realize that this is for the best. Tonight we will be having a family dinner, Owen and Erin shall be returning before the moon has reached its peak tonight. I expect to see you at dinner, and please if you bring your handmaiden, make her presentable. Love, your mother <3'" Tabitha finished with a sigh, Edith sat in silence for a moment. She had no desire to go and have a family dinner but she didn't care to know the consequences of not going. Her eyes flicked to Tabitha taking in her appearance. Her clothes were nice, a nice silky green dress but her hair was a frizzy mess.

"Why is it every time I turn around you look like a poodle that's been struck by lightning?" Edith hissed grabbing a section of the mane to inspect it more closely, her face began glowing red in no time.

"It's the humidity! It makes it all frizzy!" Tabitha argued, Edith mearly shook her head and waved her away.

"Go brush your hair so we can go." She ordered, Tabitha gave a quick nod before rushing off. It wasn't long before the two of them made their way to the dining hall. When they arrived everyone, except the twins, had arrived and had been seated. The dining table had four chairs on either side, although more can be added, and one chair at each head. At the head of the right side was Ediths Father and at the head of the left was Charles. To the left of her father was her mother, next to her was Sebastien of course. Then two empty seats which Edith promptly dismissed, no way she was sitting next to Sebastien. Across from those two seats were two more empty seats, she and Tabitha made their way over. She sat down next to Ron to avoid being close to her eldest brother. Tabitha sat down quietly beside and gave a sweet smile to Charles who kindly returned it.

"Edith dear! I'm so glad you finally came down, I see you have yet to change so I'm sure you came in a hurry." Her mother greeted her making sure to throw a jab in there. She narrowed her eyes at her mother.

"I see no reason in soiling two dresses on such a sour day." She shot back causing her mother to peirce her lips.

"Edith calm yourself. I think this will be good for you." Cedric chimed in lazily, he seemed to have said it absent-mindedly.

"And I think a shower would be good for you Cedric, and perhaps a life of your own so you can keep your nose put of mine." Edith spat back causing Ron to choke on his drink. Cedric was pulled out of his trance and he quickly gave his sister the stink eye.

"Edith Rose! Cedric is just trying to be supportive." Her mother scolded, Cedric grimaced obviously regretting his words.

"Then he should be supportive of his own relationship. Shes quiet the lady that council girl is, I sure hope my suitor dedicates as much time to me as Cedric does to her. I mean just look at those love bags." Edith said sarcastically pointing at Cedrics tired looking face and blinking more times than necessary. "Cedric can be supportive of me when he can support his head without passing out for more than 10 minutes." There was a silence around the table except for Ron who was trying to subtly hold back a laugh. Eventually another competitor stepped up.

"Edith please." This time it was Charles.

"Oh dear big brother, I- I don't know what's come over me. I'm acting like a witch, won't you forgive me." Edith said voice dripping in sarcasm. "Is that what you want Charles, is that what you'd like me to sa-" just then the door to the dining hall flung open and in ran three hounds who almost immediately began howling with excitement. After the dogs, two familiar looking men paraded in. One of then wearing a cloak made out of a tiger, the hood being the tigers head. The other holding a spear in one hand and a tiny ball of fluff in the other. Immediately tensions dropped.

"Owen, Erin!" The king cried, every person in the room wore a smile outside of Edith. Owen, the one in the cloak, swept forward addressing his sister first.

"There she is! I can't believe you of all people are to be wed, now stand up and give your brother a hug." With those words he pulled her out her chair giving her no time to contradict. He then pulled her into a suffocating bear hug. Once he released his grip on her Erin quickly took his place in a much more comfortable hug before handing the fuzzy bundle to her without warning.

"We picked this up from Grainer and thought it would be a good betrothal gift. Give him something that resembles you." Erin said with a grin. She looked down at the fur ball and realized quickly that this was actually a beast in the making.

"Oh.. my.. this is.. lovley.." she said holding the soon to be apex predator in her arms. The thing wiggled closer into her warmth causing her to soften up a bit. "This will be the gift of a life time." She stated causing a happy chatter to fill the room. Her mother seemed particularly happy with her comment and began going into detail about her arrangements saying she's already had flowers lining the streets and intended on inviting every lady, lord, and distant cousin she could think of to join the celebration.

-the next day-

Thanks to the Twins diner went over smoothly the rest of the night. She had left as soon as she saw the opportunity and had allowed the little tiger to sleep in her bed with her. The morning however didn't go so smoothly, she was awoken by trumpets which was definitely not a everyday experience. She carefully sat up and checked to make sure the tiger was still there. It was snuggled against her leg, it looked so peaceful she almost felt bad moving as she claimed out of her bed and made her way to the window. When she peered out she realized that today was the day her suitor was to arrive and she had woken up dreadfully late. People were already lining up on either side of the entrance to catch a glimpse of the new coming royal. Music had already began to flood the inner circle and tropical flower petals had been spread over the path leading to the castle. There was a sudden pick up in excited chatter from outside which clearly indicated that the Linetteians had arrived. Edith couldn't help but note that the crowd was a bit thinner than the population of Feria, perhaps not everyone had gathered yet or maybe not everyone supported the union of the kingdoms. Either way Edith knew she couldn't sit around and dottle. She needed to find Tabitha and chew her out for not waking her up on time. Luckily Tabitha had already picked out a deep emerald green dress made of silk. It was off the shoulder sleeves and gold vines embroidered into the skirt. The fabric was loose and flowy, making it super comfortable while being effortlessly elegant.

Downstairs the rests of the royals had lined up to greet the prince going from eldest to youngest and the king himself was atop a white friesian stallion. He along with his with a group of guards rode to formally greet the young royal, cheers only grew as the king made his way down the trail. When he reached the gates he gave a wide grin, whilst Edith's mother began to pace inside. The plan wasn't to introduce the two until the banquet had began but Giana was nervous all the same. She knew her daughter wasn't a fan of the arrangement and had a feeling in her stomach the meeting would not turn out well. If only Edith could keep that tongue of hers sheathed, even just for the day. The palace had been decked out from top to bottom with vines made of of gold and floral flowers. Even the staff wore more elegant clothes than usual, she had sent Tabitha just this morning to fetch a new hair peice for her daughter. A beautiful crown peice made of gold twisted to look like the headress of a Greek goddess, subtle yet stunning.

"Welcome to Esteil Lord Vesper. It's a pleasure to have you, and your company within my kingdom. All of Feria and Esteil welcomes you, please come in." The king gave the prince a swift bow of respect. He took in the grand view of his ontarage nonchalantly, a normal view for the king. The people of Esteil had followed the group to the gates gathering around to take in the new flashy sights cheering all the way, a few stayed inside, whether they were just trying to avoid to crowd or unhappy with the situation was in the air.

Edited at September 19, 2022 07:56 AM by Edith Rose
Edith Rose x ValorousSeptember 22, 2022 04:50 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

The streets, the sounds, the crowds; all things Vesper found appreciation in. The young man is most certainly accustomed to being doted on when he graces the grand piazza of Vicar, the surrounding provinces outside of the capital, and of course his yearly summer trips to the vineyards. Other than Avel and King Darian, Vesper is the only actively present Iorwerth in the public eye. With a few acts of service to Linettra here, a few gifts and currencies tossed at charities there. So for Vesper to see what he considered a great turn out of individuals in a foreign kingdom, well needless to say the young prince counted it as a great success.

As the crowds of Esteil had grown louder at seeing their King, Vesper was taking in the sight of the King, and allowed his blue hues to briefly flicker to the knights accompanying His Majesty. As if on cue, Einar pulled his steed closer to Vesper’s to make his own knightly presence in close proximity to the prince well received. The royal found it almost endearing, but mentally waved off the action as the trio came to a halt at the gates. A smile only to be translated as graciously thankful pulled at Vesper’s lips to reciprocate the grin the King was fronting with. “It’s a pleasure to be so warmly welcomed, Your Majesty.” Vesper spoke respectfully, dipping his head in respect to the royal, followed by Einar and Kerim parroting their prince’s gesture of respect. If Vesper had the mind to turn to even glimpse behind him, it wouldn’t be the sight of the Esteilian people he would settle his gaze upon. Oh no, an icy glare of reprimand would surely fixate on Kerim, the subtly uncomfortable gentleman in waiting. Perhaps Vesper should have eased him into being amid larger crowds, but the gingery blonde would survive. It’s not as if the manservant is here to impress anyway, he’s merely Vesper’s second set of hands.

Heeding the King’s permission to enter, Vesper’s heels lightly tapped Nightingale’s side to get the monstrous sized horse moving forward once more. The golden accents of decor -the vines and floral touches- were easy on the eyes of the blonde prince. Vesper was certain the place would have fallen short of his taste in architecture and decor by a large margin, but the palace of Esteil so far failed to disappoint. Now if the interior were just as marvelous as the outside, then the prince would have good, justifiable reason to compliment the palace. Once a fair distance in, Vesper swiftly dismounted his steed, planting his feet on the ground with effortless grace. The mounting and dismounting of large horses was such a common practice for him though that he had it down to an art. Moving the reins over Nightingale’s head to have the horse easily led, Vesper briefly watched as Einar and Kerim followed suit in dismounting.

Once His Majesty was in close enough range to Vesper, the prince spoke. “Your Majesty, if you would so graciously allow my gentleman in waiting to accompany any stable hands whose duty it is to deliver our horses to the stables, I would be of the utmost grateful.” Vesper gestured to Kerim whilst speaking, so the King knew which fellow he was referring to. Though it should be obvious, considering the only other man in the Linettran trio was an armored knight, with a sword at his side. The only reason Vesper preferred Kerim to be aid in putting the horses up is because not only can they be moody with new handlers, but these horses were also carrying their belongings. It would deeply agitate Vesper at the thought of a stable hands grubby fingers picking through his things. Walking closer to Kerim to retrieve the reins to the friesian mare, Vesper walked it in a presentable manner in the King’s direction until he ceased in his steps. “And if you have yet to gauge this mare for yourself, do so now. She is a friesian of a treasured line of royal riding horses in Linettra. She’s even tempered and has been thoroughly trained by the best of Linettran’s equestrian handlers.” Vesper paused, allowing his introduction to the horse to linger before he continued. “This gift for my bride to be is a gesture of good faith, as well as to be a symbolic gesture to represent the strength, beauty, and majesty I’m certain your daughter possesses.” Flashing a smile to accompany those pretty words, Vesper was fine to hand the reins over to any stable hand that came to fetch her.

At least what Vesper said was truthful. In Linettra, horses do symbolize strength, beauty, and regal majesty. So if he could speak well of the daughter he has yet to meet, well Vesper certainly was pining to get into the King’s good graces upon this first impression. Einar, per usual, was standing closely behind the prince with his hand lazily resting at the hilt to not look as intimidating. But the knight was always ready to draw his blade at any given second. And of course, Kerim was only here to attend to Vesper’s every need and heed every command. Although Kerim often found himself acting as a part-time squire to Einar with how often he’s tasked with helping the knight with his armor and ensuring his sword is in pristine condition. So Vesper’s small entourage was only here for him, and such it would be remarkable if either of the two even uttered a single word to an Esteilian. They weren’t hostile, or impolite, but truly they had no requirement to answer to anyone but their prince whom they lie in servitude to.

Edith Rose x ValorousSeptember 22, 2022 05:29 PM

Edith Rose

Neutral

Give Award

The king watched the price smoothly dismount and put on a radiant smile with satisfaction, already being lulled in by his charm. After the prince's question his eyes flicked over the crowd, seeing no stable hands in the immediate vacinaty he looked to the closest guard. A younger man whom was stationed at the gate. The royals hadn't prepared to receive horses even if it seemed like a oblivious thing, as they used boats as their main form of transportation. The only time they did use horses was with carriages in case they needed to travel inland, for sports, and at events such as these so they often had guards double as stable hand, only keeping a couple farrier and some elite trainers and a maybe 5 hands in the stables to care for the horses, those in the calvary are expected to care for their own steeds.

"You'll have to do, won't you show the gentleman to the stable?" The king asked with a look that said 'this isn't a question'. The guard dipped his head and walked to receive the reigns. The king then admire the black mare. She looked like the very symbol of elegance, Lares nodded in approval before letting out a chuckle. "Yes, those words would certainly describe my daughter." For a moment his smile grew tight but quickly corrected itself, hardly noticeable unless you were paying close attention. While Lares did think they were fitting words he couldn't help but think for all the wrong reasons. Even he knew his daughter didn't exactly have the reputation for being nice, not to the same extent as others though as he often did his best to avoid interacting with her. Matter of a fact, he did his best not to engage with most his children, the exceptions being Charles and the Twins. The others he found a little draining. He though Ron was too uncaring and often doubted the legitimacy of his royal blood due to his pronounced features. He found Cedric dreadfully boring but as of late he has been forced to spend more time with him due to his ties to the councle. Edith was well, Edith, she reminded him far to much of his wife and she never had the decency to keep her mouth shut. The only reason he favored the twins was because of their avid hunting and close bonds to Grainer. Oh and Sebastien, he hardly remembered that his last son existed, he didn't have any interest in bonding with him. He might of well been a royal pet, the only time he gave him the time of day was at the dining table and even that was rare. After a moment he dismounted and passed his own reins to the knight to his right, the knight gave his king a nod of understanding before leading the horse towards the stable figuring the others would catch up once they had finished.

"The mare is excellent, Edith should be most grateful." He said then signaled to the guard to take the mare as well before giving Vesper a wide grin and a motion to follow him. "We've stood here long enough don't you think? No need for some stand off here, come inside! My wife has been preparing nonstop for your arrival." With that he turned around, a clear signal for the guards to open the door. Inside where his family was once lining up only stood his wife, Charles, Ron, and Sebastien. For a moment the kings eyes flashed with rage but he quickly covered it up. Giana looked at the now open door with a face of bliss, she was far more excited for her daughters marriage than anyone else. Charles had a wide grin on his face looking like a picture perfect Aire. Ron was now sitting on the bottom steps to the throne cleaning his nails with a dagger and Sebastien was standing next to Giana stiffly knowing that this wasn't going as it should. Lares made his way smoothly to his wife and leaned in to give the appearance of a kiss on the cheek.

'Where is everyone else' he hissed, his wife pulled him into a loving hug to extend the conversation without drawing suspicion.

'The Twins ran off as soon as you left to God knows where and Cedric said he needed to use the bathroom.' She whispered back before pulling away from her husband and focused her eyes on Vesper. While the king mentally murdered his children the queen gave the new prince a grin.

"You must be Vesper! Oh it is just darling to meet you! I hope you can forgive the uncomplete welcome! My children unfortunately have a mind of their own, so they tend to wander." Giana said with a chuckle coming closer to better inspect the three arivals "My name is Giana, although I'm sure you knew that. I'm simply overjoyed to have you joining us your highness!" She said, even though her words were laced with excitement her tone was still relatively even. She then turned to her sons whom were still in the room and motioned them over. All three lined up Charles standing closest to his mother with the same charming smile, Sebastien in the middle now holding his head high trying to mimic his brothers confident attitude, then Ron who had now sheathed his dagger and stood with a vacant expression, his mind obviously somewhere else.

"This is Charles, my eldest! Sebastien, my youngest, and Ron, the black sheep, who needs to smile." She said with a soft laugh and a pointed look. Ron plastered a smile on his face and gave Vesper a bow along with his brothers.

Meanwhile Edith had finished getting dressed upstairs and was now waiting for Tabitha to finish her last braid. She was going for a simple style, two long braids in the front each one reached about to her hips. After she put in the last hairbow she fitted the crown atop the princesses head with a proud smile.

"You look stunning my lady." Tabitha complimented, Edith gave her a sneer but her handmaiden ignored it. "You know, I think that marriage won't be as bad as you think. Perhaps you'll even enjoy it." Tabitha suggested.

"Yes, just as much as a tiger likes to jump through hoops I'm sure." Edith bit back rubbing the tiger cub who was now curled in her arms sleeping peacefully, causing her handmaiden to shake her head softly.

"Truley Edith, I mean you can't go unmarried forever. Obviously this had to happen at some point. Why not now? You are a princess after all, that is what princesses are supposed to do" She said absent-mindedly

"I like you Tabitha, I really do, but you still need to watch your mouth." Edith growled causing Tabitha to draw back and apologize. Edith decided to dismiss it for now, perhaps she would circle back later. "Please tell me you plan to dress appropriately tonight. I can't have you looking like, well, like you." She said giving her a once over. Tabitha bit her lip and nodded her head.

"Well I was planning on wearing the dress for the wedding?" Edith gave her a look of distaste.

"That dress was made specifically for you to wear to the wedding, if you wear it tonight I'll set it on fire with you in it. Use one of my dresses, and for the love of everything holy, do your hair."

Edith Rose x ValorousSeptember 27, 2022 01:22 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

Vesper certainly found it odd to say the least, that there were no stable hands already waiting on his attending need with the horses. Of course, things were starkly different in Linettra, which the young prince was already beginning to greatly notice every second of being here. Horses played a vital role in Linettra’s operations, as they were the backbone powerhouses to transport both riders and goods. They were absolutely essential during the winter months of Linettra as well, large horses capable of thundering through the several feet of accumulated snow is much needed. And even in the spring and summer, during trade season, Linettran horses are responsible for hauling carts of varying sizes for long periods of time. Horses truly were a near sacred animal to Linettran’s, although not as sacred as their beloved northern ravens.

Kerim shot Vesper a quick, hesitant look, but ultimately the gentleman in waiting knew better than to openly question one of Vesper’s orders. Even though the strawberry blonde was hesitant to be separated in a foreign kingdom from his employer. Vesper clasped his hands in front of him in simple delight at the King’s approval of the mare, although the brief change of smile did not go unnoticed by the prince. Of course, it wouldn’t be Vesper if his thoughts didn’t stray to the King silently criticizing his gift in some way, but the blonde decided to let it go. The King’s opinions wouldn’t matter for too long anyway. No one's opinions matter when they’re dead. Watching as the King gestured for a guard to retrieve the mare, the young man gave a nod to the King;s words and heeded to the King’s gesture to follow him. And of course, where Vesper traveled, Einar was closely flanking behind his prince as well. “Well I must admit I’ve certainly been looking forward to meeting the entirety of the family to my bride to be.” Vesper said in a rather enthusiastic tone, which in all honesty he was. It was better to scope out targets, learning their mannerisms and routines, it would make his task in the end easier.

Upon the sight inside Vesper was greeted with, well at least the prince’s smile didn’t break. Although he did make a point to the one sitting and cleaning his nails versus greeting him. Oh my mother would not stand for such a thing. And truly, Vesper’s mother would have been livid if one of her children were not presenting themselves as the spitting image of perfection she raised them all to be. Of course she taught them through rather cold, unnurturing ways Vesper will admit, but he turned out well if he did say so himself. The apparent successor to the throne -which Vesper could just tell judging by that golden boy smile- reminded the young man in subtle ways of his oldest brother. Of course, Avel looked more neutral in everything he did, never teeming much with more than a calmer light reflected in his blue eyes. The younger prince merely just existed to Vesper; neither offending or gaining favor. Not that anyone here would gain Vesper’s actual favor, but he had to pretend as such, then he would gain put himself in whoever’s good graces he needed to in order to accomplish his task easier.

As the King and Queen shared their deceitfully sweet moment, which Vesper could already tell was a facade, the young man rather turned his eyes to the interior of the palace. At precisely the same moment Kerim had briskly returned, stationing himself back at Vesper’s left flank in silence with his hands at his side and his gaze settling on nothing in particular. Not having long to examine his surroundings, Vesper’s gaze snapped back to the Queen as her voice rang through the room. Chuckling in reciprocation, Vesper gave a wave of dismissal with his hand. “It’s rather alright, I assure you. and it is a pleasure to meet you, as well as your family too.” Vesper spoke with a smile. It wasn’t fine, but Vesper bit back a snide comment, which Einar faintly smiled at. Seems as how he would be the only one to know in this room the kind of venom that could spew from his prince’s tongue. Vesper smiled as the Queen continued, which yes, he was aware of the reigning matriarch’s name. It was just children Vesper could never remember the names of… there were always so many royal brats running around each kingdom he could never keep up. Kerim gave the Queen a brief smile as she observed them all, opposite to Einar’s deadly neutral expression. “I am just as overjoyed to be here, Your Majesty.” The prince responded, watching as the Queen motioned for her sons to approach.

As the boys lined up, Vesper decided the oldest prince appealed to him the most. The regal air of my brother, and the same idiotic grin Zac possesses. Charles reminded Vesper of a puppy, the crown prince just had that kind of essence to him. Then there was Sebastien, and youngest prince to youngest prince, Vesper was the superior younger sibling between them. Vesper never had to mimic confidence, he breathes it. Of course, Sebastien also roughly looked the age Vesper had been when he lost his sister… and that was a darker period of time for the prince. Moving his thoughts and gaze to his least favorite of the princes so far, Vesper gave a quick smile back to Ron. Maybe you’ll go first. Allowing the boys to bow first, Vesper returned a respectful one of his own to the prince’s. As tempting as it was to inquire about his soon to be wife, Vesper knew he was just eager to catch a glimpse to see just how potentially unimpressive in features she could be. Perhaps it’s vain to be so consumed with appearances, but they mattered greatly to Vesper.

“While my fellow Linettran’s are no royals, I do think it polite to introduce my men, as you’ll more than likely be seeing them in my company often.” Vesper spoke, gesturing with his right hand first in Einar’s direction. “This is Einar Gavril, knight of the Linettran Royal First Order.” Which in its own right was quite the title, as knight’s of the First Order were specially trained, medal awarded individuals for their abilities in stealth combat on and off battlefields. Einar gave a single nod, but that is all the knight offered. Lowering his right hand and now raising his left, Vesper spoke again. “And Kerim Ignacious, my wonderfully dutiful gentleman in waiting.” Vesper omitted the fact Kerim was the son of a bankrupt baron, but that hardly seemed important. Kerim flashed another humbler grin as his hands clasped loosely behind his back. “And I assure you all they do have tongues, despite their lack of vocalizations, but we are each gracious to be so warmly welcomed.” Vesper smiled, purposely being a bit more snarky to his men for their lack of at least polite ‘hello’s’. Seriously guys, not a word? At least they make me look better. So Vesper focused on that bright side. “And I assume I’ll have the pleasure of meeting the rest of the royal family at a later time?” Vesper smiled, certain that was at least one or two more Estielian prince’s. Vesper had heard they bred like rabbits here, and so far that fact has yet to be disproven.

Edith Rose x ValorousSeptember 27, 2022 03:23 PM

Edith Rose

Neutral

Give Award

The queen smiled in delight at his words and let a grin claim her face "handsome and charming, isn't Edith lucky" She asked no one in particular whilst settling on her throne next to her husband, Vesper's knight's smile flying over her head. Ron on the other hand silently flicked his eyes between the knight and the prince careful not to let his suspension show on his face. Lares stayed silent, a smile on his face, he had accepted long ago his wife was much better than him at flattery and charm. Giana laid her hand gently on top of her husband's, eyes now flicking between the night and the gentleman in waiting.

"Ah yes of course, it is a pleasure to meet the both of you! I do hope you find Feria to be at least half as comforting as Vicar." She said offering each one a smile, although the one given to Eirnar was a tad brighter "No worries dear, I prefer silence in servants anyways. Much less of a hassle. Now did you want connecting rooms, or would you prefer separate?" Giana asked focusing her gaze back on Vesper, yet another one of her nasty traits. Unless you have a title, your of little importance to the queen. Charles cleared his throat ready to shift the conversation.

"May I start by saying It is a true honor to host the three of you, especially you Sir Vesper. To answer your question yes, I have three other brothers and you will be introduced within the hour if it means I must hunt them down and drag them to you myself." Charles promised before once more eloquently shifting the conversation "If it would be appealing to you I'd love to show you the ball room. We've set it up specifically for you and gathered the finest of gifts to welcome you to both the kingdom and the family. I'm sure my other brothers have gathered there to greet you. Although if you'd rather rest first I'd be happy to show you to a room." Charles offered grin never once wavering his hand pointed in the direction of the ballroom, the ballroom was a large room with a glass ceiling. You could see nothing but blue skies and passing birds. The room itself was usually open but had now been lined with tables that held food, gold, and jewls. There was also a giant portrait of the family hung on the far wall depicting the royal family just younger, Edith was 16 in the painting and it was not 100 percent accurate to appearances, Rons features weren't nearly as pronounced making him look much more handsome, neither of the twins had beauty marks under their eyes, and Edith had a smile on her face.

Sebastien had fallen back now standing on the bottom stare of the thrones and Ron still stood in silence where he had been before scoping out the three Linetteians. His gaze focused mostly on Einar and his sword, no trust in his eyes. Ron was the least trusting of all his siblings, although he had been in the most battles against linerette and had seen the most people die. Charles had also been in a few skirmishes but usually he could figure out a diplomatic way around it, much preferring peace over war. The Twins too had engaged in battles but not often as they spent so much time in Grainer, matter of a fact, since the two of them were 16, they had spent more time in Grainer than Esteil. Cedric had never been in a battle himself, instead he gave commands from the sidelines until the councle had offered him a position. Edith was never presented the opportunity due to her gender and Sebastien was always considered to young by the king and the head knight despite the fact Ron had started a year younger than him.

Upstairs Ediths eyes raked down Tabithas body as she was now sporting a maily white dress with gold lining the edges and long sleeves, the dress was already lowcut and off the shoulder so her breast unfortunately were a bit big for it causing them to poke out a bit more then they should and her stomach looked particularly bulged but it seemed to be the only one that fit. If she had been made aware of her handmaidens lack of appropriate clothes she would have had a dressed designed the day before, which made Edith a bit more snippy than usual that it wasn mentioned.

"Well I suppose this will work, you'll have to wear a top though. The last thing I need is all the linerettes thinking your a floozy." She hissed before glancing in her closest, she found a cloak of tiger skin and fitted it on her handmaiden shoulders. It buttoned in the front hiding the ill-fitting dress top. "Theres not much I can do about your pudge, but that should fix the top part." Edith said with a satisfied look. After that she grabbed the tiger cub off her bed and placed it into her handmaidens arms knowing she wasnt fond of the small beast, Tabitha reeled back nervously but was careful not to drop it.

"It's a kitten Tabitha, it's eyes are still blue. Don't be such a baby, I suggest you make it like you now or it won't be so friendly when it's a blood thirsty, 200 pound hunk of muscles, claws, and teeth." She said looking at her through narrowed eyes knowing her words would only make the blonde more nervous, she couldn't help but let a smirk creep onto her lips as Tabithas eyes began to fill with fear. "Anywho, I'm simply starving. I'm going down to the kitchen so I might eat before tonight. Watch after the beast would you? I'm not exactly sure what it eats, I suppose I might find Owen and ask him while I'm out. Hopefully it's not a man eater yet, that would be unfortunate for you, now wouldn't it? But Im sure you can manage that long, can't you?"

"Uh- I.. suppose?" Tabitha answered warily causing Edith's smile to widen.

"Perfect, I'll return within the hour." Edith said now by her door. Tabitha gave a awkward smile and a swift bow making sure the cub wasn't to close to her. After watching the reaction Edith slipped out the door with a laugh that echoed down the halls. Edith had no intention on returning soon, matter of a fact she intended on spending her last few hours of freedom alone, whether it be walking the halls or lounging I'm the garden, unfortunately things never seemed to go according to her plans. She had only made it down a couple halls before she saw Cedric snoozing in the library, his head down on a book and arms folded around him to block out the lantern sitting on the table infront of him. Edith clenched her teeth, if he was here he obviously wasn't in the throne room greeting her husband to be. She marched over to the table, grabbed the nearest book and smashed it loudly against the table waking up her brother instantly. When he popped up his eyes were wide with surprise, his hair looked as if it hadn't seen a brush in years, and there was a small bit of drool on the right side of his mouth.

"Cedric!? You've got to be kidding me, you look like you've been in a tornado. What are you doing here? Your supposed to be-" Cedric raised his hand blinking from the sudden light as if to silence her. "Don't you DARE try to make me be quiet, you don't even have your top buttoned correctly. What are you doing here anyways??" She interrogated, her brothers hand went to his shirt which was in fact buttoned incorrectly.

"I'm sorry." He muttered sleepy trying to fix his top. "I had went to the bathroom, but I ran into Darrian and he gave me this book. It seemed interesting so I stopped at the library to do a little reading before your suitor arrived and I.. I guess I fell asleep." He said grabbing the book infront of him and holding it up still partially opened. It was bright red with a golden title 'Poisons, Toxins, and Venoms of Esteil' Edith reread the title a couple times before grabbing the book from his hands and slamming it shut trying not to come off as interested. Books such as these were scarce and hand written only for the eyes of the councle, despite that the pages were white and the cover was flawless hinting the book was relatively new, perhaps designed particularly for her brother.

"Darrian is a old fool, he's filling your brain with nonessential information. I don't understand why he would give you this when you have so many more important things to be doing." She hissed, Darrian was in fact not a fool, he was the head of the very council Cedric was working so hard to join. He was tall, old, and looked like a textbook wizard. Long beard, heavy cloaks, giant ears. Maybe that last part wasn't textbook, but it was a prominent feature Darrian had, not that he was a wizard of course, he simply reminded Edith of one. He was actually wise and quite famous in esteil for his guidance, but Edith knew she needed to bring him down to get Cedric to listen to her. She stuffed the book under her arm and went around to her brothers side to adjust his shirt growing bored of watching him fumble. "You really need a gentleman in waiting, or perhaps a maid if you find it more fitting. Everyone is tired of seeing you dressed like a Neanderthal, even Ron thinks it looks like your from Grainer with the way you dress." Edith said making sure to throw in a comment about Ron, Cedric and Ron were often at eachothers throats. The classic brains vs bronze set up. Cedrics face scrunched up.

"Ron said that?" He asked letting his sister fix his buttons.

"Oh yes, he said that and more." Edith said careful not to let her voice take a smug tone. It was true Ron had mentioned it in passing, so Edith technically wasnt lying. Cedric rolled his eyes as a scowl took over his face.

"At least I bathe." He hissed before reaching towards the book still stashed safely under Ediths arm. She quickly took a step back causing Cedric to give her a annoyed look. "Hand it over Edith." He said holding out his hand expectingly.

"Nope, sorry brother but this thing has caused enough of a distraction for the day. You can retrieve it from me after I'm wed." She said with a dismissive wave, no way in hell she was going to give up this gem so soon. Cedric scowled and was about to argue back but Edith quickly changed the topic "By the way, you've got dried spit on your face. Clean it off and get moving, perhaps find a brush on your way. You've already missed the prince's arrival. Father will have your head if you miss the gifts as well." Cedric quickly stood up in a panic and swiped at his face.

"Missed it? damn it. Forget father, mother will never forgive me." He hissed trotting towards the door muttering curses.

"Brother, if you see the Twins won't you send at least one my way? I need to ask them something." Cedric muttered a yes as he hurried out the door and Edith pulled the book out with a small smile. She had no interest at the moment to use the information she had just got her hands on, but it was useful information all the same. She considered taking it back to her room but didn't really want Tabitha to know she had it, so instead she took it to one of her favorite hidey holes. A hidden tunnel once used by staff but abandoned since Edith had discovered it. She was sure there were more around the castle and had found a couple, but they were relatively simple and only spanded from one room to another, this one in particular was hidden not to far from her room. If you took a left after walking out, walked to the end of the hallway and took a right there was a huge mahogany bookshelf at the end of the hall. If you ran your hand along the wall on the middle shelf you'd find a small button, illusive to the eye but had a slightly different texture. Once you've pressed it a small panel comes loose on the far right side just a shelf down, inside that panel is a lever. Once you pull that the bookshelf pops loose and can be opened like a door. This particular one led to one of the many galleries cutting out a few winding hallways. It was just a simple dark hallway leading from one side to another, there were lanterns that lined the walls but they have since went out, because of this Edith always kept a lantern on the bookshelf. She grabbed and lit it before making her way down the hall. It wasn't a long stretch, maybe 100 yards. She went half way down before bending down and pulling up a loose board on the far left side. Something she had discovered years before, it definitely wasn't a spot you step on by accident unless you were in a group. Then she sat down deciding to read a little bit before she headed back to her room. She only made it about 5 pages in before deciding she needed to head back, sure that diner couldn't be terribly far away, so she slipped the book into the floor before reapplying the board and heading out this time leaving through the gallery.

Edited at October 2, 2022 12:19 PM by Edith Rose
Edith Rose x ValorousOctober 4, 2022 03:16 PM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award

A simple flash of a smile is all Vesper expressed to the indirect- but undoubtedly accurate observations of the prince. Truth be told the blonde had little regard for the other prince’s of Esteil, or in so, that was a lie. He had as much regard for them as he did for servants ranking below Kerim. Einar, however, it was duty to be attentive of all individuals, regardless of rank, should they even be within a quarter mile of the royal he was sworn to. Ron in particular had caught the discreet attention of the knight, albeit Einar does not express externally who has piqued his interest in observations. Not unless they’re an immediate threat. And that, Ron was not.

The knight gave a faint nod of his head to the Queen’s words, but that is all he would grace Her Majesty with. Kerim, however, -glancing to Vesper for silent permission- then turned his chocolate orbs to the Queen and smiled before offering a quiet mutter. “Feria is lovely, Your Majesty.” It would surprise the trio of Linettran’s if Kerim’s softly spoken words even reached the Esteil royals, but it wouldn’t be so bad if it didn’t. That was something the Queen assured by her next dismissive vocalization on the matter of silent servants. To which, Vesper didn’t disagree with, however he could feel Einar’s aura shudder in agitation. It seemed the prince would have to reassure his best friend that he was no mere servant, which of course Einar rightfully knew, otherwise he would have quipped with a snide comment. “Connecting rooms might prove more or less convenient here for us, I do prefer to keep those in servitude to me rather close. I’d rather not strain my voice when I demand their presence.” Vesper replied. And that was true. Separate rooms would mean Vesper might actually have to do something more than snap or speak above his usual octave to get one of their attentions. It was even how the three males had their rooms in the Linettran palace. Of course, Vesper had his grand chambers. Though there were specific pocket rooms specifically made to conjoin to the rooms beside his, with Einar residing in one, and Kerim the other. Was it a typical set up? No. Did Vesper fear that would change upon being wed? Most certainly. Although… it’s not unheard of for a royal pairing to have separate chambers. Maybe he’d pine for that kind of set up with his new bride.

As Charles cleared his throat, Vesper’s gaze swept back to the Crown Prince as he began to speak. It sounded modest enough, and Vesper only responded with a briefly amused snort to Charles’ declaration of what he would do with his brothers. Should the opportunity arise in the near future, Vesper will make a point to dish a politely snide comment to any currently absent prince should they irritate the blonde later. This absence would not be forgotten, but the general attitudes of the late prince’s would determine whether Vesper was willing to let it go. Petty is as petty does, after all. What did gather the prince’s utmost attention was the mention of the ballroom. Particularly the mention of gifts. Waving off the mention of rest, Vesper hastily inserted his response to Prince Charles. “Rest can certainly wait,” Vesper smiled, glancing towards the ballroom as his feet shifted to face the direction Charles had gestured to, “I'd be happy to accompany you to the ballroom.” The blonde grinned, evidently signifying he was pleased to be shown his welcoming spoils, and wasn't offering an option to not be shown his gifts at this exact moment. Whether the other princes resided within the room or not was of no concern to Vesper any longer. It was likely he wouldn’t even notice any other bodies if he was looking over gifts anyhow. So already Vesper signified what he wanted to do by taking paced steps to the space Charles had gestured to.

It may have escaped Vesper, but Ron’s fixation on Einar’s sword did not go unnoticed by the knight nor by Kerim. And between each boy, unfortunately it seemed Ron had already become a subject of dislike among all three foreigners, which isn’t exactly a boast worthy thing to have accomplished. Neither male would make their observations evident to one another though, not until the Linettrans had a moment of solitude with one another. Another reason they all enjoyed their closer quarters with rooms; to share their own private gossip amongst themselves. Gossip may be regarded as a woman's game, but Vesper is certainly prissy enough to encourage it. As long as the focus of foul words aren't directed at him. Vesper always had whispers to share about royal and political happenings within the entire kingdom, Einar always had juicy details to share from the barracks, and Kerim was always willing to share the things he hears around the palace since his quiet presence goes quite unnoticed. The boys were never kind to those they each despised, and nothing is more terrifying than the three of them putting their heads together to plot mischief. With the exception of the assassination plot for the time being though, but Vesper's lack of disclosure was how he expressed his care of his two closest friends. If things went south, they had plausible deniability, and Vesper would see that neither would pay the price for just being affiliated with an assassin. But the likelihood of Vesper getting caught is thinner than thin. The King of Linettra sent him for a reason, and that was truly because Vesper had the means to succeed.

Vesper did allow Charles the decency of leading him to the ballroom, which he supposed was a polite extension on his part, versus Vesper ditching the royal family and waltzing into the ballroom like he owned the place. Which the prince didn’t mind behaving in such a manner, especially once he becomes more comfortable here. But for the better part of his time here, he’ll remain respectful. As long as the Esteilians deserve it. A shine of both excitement and impatience reflected in the prince's gaze just before fully entering, and once he did?

Vesper's. Eyes. Lit. Up.

The prince was positively enthralled at the sights of gold, and jewels. Things he would for certain most likely have turned into accenting jewelry pieces for himself. And things he would most definitely use to spoil himself with a new fabulous wardrobe, and of course other things. He wasn’t recklessly irresponsible with money, but Vesper certainly knew how to spend quite the amount and still hold a comfortable living budget. These things all passed through his thoughts until he came to a sudden halt, the prince’s gaze having landed on quite the portrait. One capturing the still essence of the Esteil royal family. “I envy the future generations that will never see the accurate flaws of the flesh that one possesses.” A nearly dead silent snicker came from Einar at Vesper’s side, which Vesper himself was surprised he had heard. “Yes, they are certainly a people to envy.” Vesper smiled, speaking in the same hushed tone, their eyes having both settled on Ron. Yep, that prince would most likely never be favored by the Linettran’s. “Is that supposed to be your bride? And here you were worried you’d get a troll.” Kerim chirped from the other side of Vesper, each Linettran studying the younger, smiling girl in the portrait.

Vesper especially studied it, in fact pleased that at least in her younger age, his bride appeared rather radiant. “They botched one person’s appearance…” Einar trailed off, insinuating it was possible they heavily altered what the princess of Esteil could look like. While that circulated between them, Vesper couldn’t help but find himself growing subtly irritated. Not by this peek into what his bride looked like, but her youth captured in this portrait upset him. She mustn't be no older than sixteen, seventeen perhaps, and it reminded him of everything he mourned. The final family portrait of the Iorwerth family depicted a gracefully cocky Verena, as lively as ever within the piece. Of course there was Vesper, Avel, Kaena, and their parents. But it was the last piece, other than a silver ring, that Vesper had to remind himself of his sister. A creature who was forever young now in the prince’s, and everyone’s mind, because of that portrait. There were very few similarities between this Esteil girl and Verena appearance wise, and yet it was just the age that was frozen in time that allowed a brief flicker of grief to pass through his eyes.

“Perhaps with these funds, and what you have from Linettra, you’ll finally create a space dedicated to creating and tailoring your own attire. If you’re dedicated enough, perhaps your hand accents as well.” Einar voiced in an oddly encouraging tone, which earned a sideways glance in his direction from both Vesper and Kerim. “Perhaps.” Vesper responded, any trickle of what had pierced through his facade vanishing just as suddenly as it had come. Surely his friend knew what Vesper had been thinking though, because if anyone could have loved Verena more than Vesper had, it was Einar; the knight who had grown quite the attraction to the former princess. How torturous it must be to Einar though. Loving someone so much, and never having had the gall to say a word, and now never knowing what could have been between them. These things… ‘feelings’ are not discussed among men. They are merely silent, self-evident truths only those closest to them quietly see. Feelings. Pfft. Furthermore, Vesper mildly turned his sights back to the rest of the things within the ballroom, as well as tuned back into the fact that Esteilians were here

Forums > Roleplay > 1x1
   1    2 

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us