Wolf Play : Ask me anything :>
Chatbox
 Crypto Currency
02:57:04 Ash (he/they)
eevee, wowww nice.
 Hallow's Eve
02:56:31 Hallow, Eve
Crypto

I'm doing alright! I finally hit 40k mush and I got my wolf customized!
 Leafpool
02:56:04 Leaf she/her
Guys wanna see my new custom wolf??
 Crypto Currency
02:55:45 Ash (he/they)
Eevee, tired and eating oreos. you?
 teddy
02:55:43 its yellow
gold
ah then guy/dude works perfect
 Hallow's Eve
02:55:07 Hallow, Eve
Crypto

How are you?
 Crypto Currency
02:54:47 Ash (he/they)
Hey Eevee :D
 Golden Meadows
02:54:39 Ollie, Gold
Teddy
 Crypto Currency
02:54:23 Ash (he/they)
Artey, i said it all of my upper secondary schooling
 teddy
02:54:14 its yellow
gold
how old are you? its difficult to draw a boy/man line
 Listless
02:54:12 List
dudes, bros, broskis (usually a more joking way), guys, and losers (only with friends) is usually how i refer to men
 teddy
02:53:51 its yellow
silver
i see xD

Et
he is very boyish but he is almost 23 ':=) and maybe i'm a little afraid
 Hallow's Eve
02:53:42 Hallow, Eve
Hey Crypto!
 Golden Meadows
02:53:35 Ollie, Gold
As a trans guy, i'm not quite old enough to be considered a man, but most people won't mind being called a guy or dude lol
 SilverShadow
02:53:26 Ash ☆ Crow
ET

They take it like I called them a "baby"🤣
 Eternity
02:52:33 ET
Teddy
They're still boys then, keep at it LOL
I know the type </3

Crypto
Don't think I've ever said broski, that's a new one to me.
 SilverShadow
02:51:53 Ash ☆ Crow
Teddy

US unfortunately 🤣
 Crypto Currency
02:51:43 Ash (he/they)
Artey, it just feel natural. and i say broski sometimes too, but what can ya do
 teddy
02:51:35 its yellow
man
 teddy
02:51:31 its yellow
et
Private boarding school boy...

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges

Hourly Damage Variances
Cougar : +3
Wolverine : -1
Jaguar : -2
    Fall   Day  Weather:  Light Rain

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Socialize
   1    2    3    4    5   ..   7 

Ask me anything :>August 19, 2020 09:39 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
is that a challenge
Ask me anything :>August 19, 2020 09:42 AM

Eternity

Forum Moderator
Darkseeker

Give Award

lady satan said:
is that a challenge

You forgot your question mark.
And no, it's a statement.
Ask me anything :>August 19, 2020 09:51 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
How much do you sleep?

Do you plan on having an art-related career?
Ask me anything :>August 19, 2020 09:54 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
What brushes do you recommend to draw digitally? Can't seem to find my favorite brushes.
Ask me anything :>August 19, 2020 10:22 AM

Xuân

Darkseeker

Give Award
Where do you draw? What tools do you use? Any tips for wannabe artists like me?
Ask me anything :>August 19, 2020 10:23 AM

Eternity

Forum Moderator
Darkseeker

Give Award

Life on Mars said:
How much do you sleep?

Do you plan on having an art-related career?

I don't tend to sleep at a very regular uh,,, anything. I can sometimes sleep for up to 15 hours if given the chance and then sometimes I will just sleep for 3, or simply won't! It's a fun mess ahah.

As for careers in art. I would like something in art I guess, however at the moment I don't think it's likely. My dream would probably be working in something like set design, game design, those kinda things. Though more realistically, I don't think I'll have a career in it, hopefully I'll have some kinda social media following, maybe a patreon, commissions, etc in the future. It'd be cool to have a webcomic once my art is a little more advanced too!

Mystic Moon Light said:
What brushes do you recommend to draw digitally? Can't seem to find my favorite brushes.

Sadly I'm not the best one to ask for brushes! ;-; I pretty much just use three! The standard round brush, a triangle brush for sketching and the soft-edged air brush kinda thing. Sometimes I'll use a rougher kinda,, chalk brush but I pretty much just use the standard every-art-program-has-them brushes-

I guess way to find out is to try lots of brushes! That's probably the easiest way to work out what works best for you.

Ask me anything :>August 19, 2020 10:26 AM

Former Pack

Neutral

Give Award
Alrighty! Thank you!
Ask me anything :>August 19, 2020 11:27 AM

Eternity

Forum Moderator
Darkseeker

Give Award

Xuân said:
Where do you draw? What tools do you use? Any tips for wannabe artists like me?

Oooh boy this is gonna be a long one- so hold on tight :0

I draw almost exclusively on Photoshop these days and I occasionally dip my toes into MSPaint when I want some variation/want to get back to the basics.

I use a gaming PC [heh- gamer-], which isn't a needed detail but uh- I guess it helps run my hundreds of layers when I have them lol- annnd a Wacom Intuos Pro, a graphics tablet without a screen. [The screen ones scare me lmao]
When I'm not doing digital art, I use anything from acrylics to alcohol markers to just a pencil. I nearly always carry a pen and sketchpad with me.

Honestly, one of my first tips for digital artists is to get a graphics tablet if you can. If you have a standard computer or laptop, it's pretty likely you can use one and download a free art program like Krita.
You can get some pretty budget-friendly tablets, like the Wacom One [not the one with the screen ahah-] which can be around £35 on Amazon. You can find 'em for around 30-50 bucks, maybe cheaper second hand.
It is always important to check compatibility though, especially if you use something like a chromebook.

As for art in general, there's so much I could say ahah.
When looking to improve art, it's the thing that's said again and again by artists, but that's because it's so relevant. References and life-drawing are always my go-to when looking to improve.
Not only does it help with anatomy, but it helps with lighting, shading, pretty much everything.
There's a lot of ways to use references, but I'd recommend trying to look for the shapes. What makes the object 3D, that kinda thing. It's a hard thing to explain, I'm no teacher ahah-
But when it comes to art, shapes are your friend, I'd recommend trying to look past where the line is formed.- I'm really not sure how to explain. There's a tonne of tutorials online that can probably explain better- Just search 'how to use references for
art' or somethin like that- [I might edit some in in a bit but- ]
Also- always remember to use multiple references if you're gonna use 'em-
And if you do just use a singular reference image, make sure you credit the original and follow any of the artist's/photographer's rules. ESPECIALLY if you're planning on posting the art anywhere.

But y'know, if you ask me it's kinda important not to get sucked in to the world of constant anatomy, lighting studies, reference work, etc etc. It's very important to improve but,, at the same time you wanna have fun with art, y'know? If you're losing inspiration or just getting a bit tired out, it's fine to drop the references and just kinda doodle to have fun! Not everything needs to be perfect-post-worthy art. [Something I should probably tell myself a little more eheh-]
Sometimes you just wanna do a fun little character doodle or sketch and not care about anatomy or line weight or lighting, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Another thing, especially on sites like Wolfplay where the art market seems to be HUGE right now, it's important to be patient when it comes to selling things. Patient and flexible ahah. Sometimes the things you put hours into just,,, flop and then a three-minute sketch gets all the love and attention. It's just annoying, but how it is sometimes. :') Pricing polls and all of those kinds of things can kinda,, hurt sometimes, especially when people vote only for the lowest option-
The fun thing about pricing art, is that you can always change it. Put it to high and no one ordered? Bring it down. Shop going crazy and slots are going too fast? Put it up. You can always change prices, and prices typically rise as your art improves, so it's important not to get disheartened when something doesn't sell for as much as you wanted it to.

ANYWAY- I could go on for hours and hours ahah- so I'll leave it at that for now :0

Mystic Moon Light
You're welcome- :0
I hope you find the brushes that work for you!
Ask me anything :>August 19, 2020 11:29 AM

Sjuk.

Neutral

Give Award
Will you move to Tennessee with me? ;v;
Ask me anything :>August 19, 2020 11:33 AM

Eternity

Forum Moderator
Darkseeker

Give Award

Sjuk. said:
Will you move to Tennessee with me? ;v;