Wolf Play : Gods Among Humans | RP Thread
Chatbox
 Echelon
11:22:10 
I haven't signed in in a bit, when did they change the amount of CP we get to distribute?
 The Night Walker
11:17:59 Anemoia/Aedra
Ryder
Even with the wings she looks nice, I dont think it's overdone with them. ^^
 Chaotic Twins
11:17:14 Ryder,Kalian
I think I should remove her wings
 Chaotic Twins
11:16:59 Ryder,Kalian
-WP Click-

I dont know how I feel about this XD
 Outlander
11:16:39 Deli Rum
>.> I'm craving a good roleplay...
 Chaotic Twins
11:15:53 Ryder,Kalian
and now I only have 89 moonflowers XD
 Chaotic Twins
11:14:10 Ryder,Kalian
I figured out what I'm getting but it probably wont all look good together its all gear stuff
 SilverShadow
11:13:01 Running Dog
She needs moon flower crown and start dust wings. Well, that is what I'm partial to
 Chaotic Twins
11:10:44 Ryder,Kalian
what should I get for her from the FMC shop

I can only spend like 1539 moonflowers

-WP Click-
 SilverShadow
11:06:24 Running Dog
Broken Dawn

Ragnarok? Flames of Galaxy? (I am terrible at naming, sorry)
 Broken Dawn
11:06:21 I complain a lot
Ryder,
Thanks!
 Chaotic Twins
11:05:31 Ryder,Kalian
Broken
dawn

Jasper, Flynn, Reed, or Rowan, Phoenix, and Rory.
 SilverShadow
11:04:27 Running Dog
Yes, Kalian, you may call me Silverfish.

Honestly I think that is the first player given nickname I have received since I started in 2018 (not this account)
 Broken Dawn
11:03:31 I complain a lot
-Click-
Now IÂ’ve draw myself a new character. I need a name for him now
 Chaotic Twins
11:02:50 Ryder,Kalian
silver

I don't tend to explore

also can I call you Silverfish?
 SilverShadow
11:00:58 Running Dog
Oh, that's sad. You get ton in explore, are you able to do that?
 Chaotic Twins
10:59:16 Ryder,Kalian
I don't think I will reach 50 moonflowers this FMC
 SilverShadow
10:58:55 Running Dog
The Lady Eve says there will be an update tomorrow afternoon
 SilverShadow
10:58:25 Running Dog
Lichen

Cheers up to the chat Stalkers!!
 Revelry
10:57:32 Rev
Wait
What did I miss? Nes update?

Refresh

You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.
Quests
Alliance Battles
Challenges
Hourly Damage Variances
Red Fox : -5
Ermine : +3
Cougar : -1
    Fall Month: 1   Night  Weather:  Hurricane  Moon: 
 Explore In: Now

Forums

→ Wolf Play is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Roleplay > Literate
  1  2  3  4  5  6

Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 14, 2024 11:05 PM

Salem

Neutral

Give Award
Ambrose | M | God of Time | Neutral | Mentions: Morrigan, Theyo (dir) Haisya, Mila (ind)
Ambrose shrugged, taking another sip of his almost finished tea before he answered the god of death.

"I might, I've been thinking about it." Ambrose set his gaze on Morrigan. "I can see why you might not want to go, y'know... with what you represent and all."

Ambrose hadn't really gotten many invocations lately, prehaps due to nobody knowing what a god of time would be called upon for. Usually they would try and ask for time to be rewound so they could fix a past mistake, save someone, get a loved one back, second chances and so on. Ambrose very rarely answered any of these things, mainly because they would be risky and rewinding time for a single person wasn't a smart move.

'They should try asking Morrigan to save that someone, or to give back their loved one instead of me. That's his job, isn't it? Even though none of those things would happen.' Ambrose pondered.

Ambrose crinkled up when he heard Haisya awake. Not on the outside, but that was the best way he could describe his surprise at the moment.

"I would tell you that the bacon was enough, and that the bacon was more of an apology than anything, but you're already gone." Ambrose sighed, watching Haisya leave to go bother Mila. "And my name is Ambrose, not Ambrosia, but sure.." Ambrose grumbled, keeping his voice low so nobody could hear unless they had extremely good hearing.

Ambrose watched the demigod, Theyo, come back into the living room and retake his place on the couch. Curiously, without the tea he had left for. Ambrose heavily debated bringing up why Theyo would go all the way to the kitchen, ask about the tea, and come back empty-handed but Ambrose just shrugged it off and assumed it was because Haisya had invaded his space as well.

"So, while you're here, before you want to run that is.. is there anything new about the humans that we should know about before we visit?" Ambrose finished his tea, setting the cup on the caramel coloured coffee table in front of the couch.

Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 14, 2024 11:15 PM

Rushie

Darkseeker

Give Award

Thalinna “Thea” | F | Chaos Goddess | Mentions: Ambrose, Morrigan, Hasiya, Mila, and Theyo (dir)

“Oh, you heard me? I’m surprised your eardrums survived the mayhem. I guess I'll cancel the order of hearing aids I made - your age still has yet to catch up to you.” Thea replied cheekily to Ambrose, a playful gleam in those pale eyes. “And of course Mother Mila is my savior. She's nicer than you, which isn't hard to be.”

The best way to describe her dynamic with Ambrose was that of a younger sibling, even if she didn't see him as an older brother. While she held some respect for one of the oldest deities, Thalinna was not about to stand here and act like it. Speaking of older deities, her attention glanced back to her side, spotting Hasiya throwing her arm over Morrigan with such ease, it was almost admirable. Thalinna couldn't help the giggle that left her lips, the sound reminiscent of jingling bells. “What? Ambrose likes cleaning up messes. I think he'd have a heart attack if something wasn't tended to right away. Gods forbid something be disorganized.”

The wink sent her way from Hasiya made Thalinna’s lips quirk up in a half-smile, flattered. Already, it seemed like whatever irritation she felt towards having beauty sleep interrupted dissipated at flowery words. 'If everyone would acknowledge my looks after angering me, the world would be a much kinder place. But one can only dream.’ Looking between the obviously uncomfortable Theyo and the overcrowded kitchen, Thea mused over what exactly she should do until Mila was done preparing breakfast.

“If any of you fine deities wish to join me today to visit the mortals - after getting an update from our lovely Theyo - I guess I could fit you into my plans. Some of your temples could use some dusting up, anyhow… Besides, there's only so much stimulating conversation that can be held from humans who gawk at your beauty.” Thalinna had a smug grin as she daintily tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. “Not that we can blame them, of course.”

Truth be told, Thalinna enjoyed having the others around while out on the town. It made her feel more human, to say the least, to look at the small shops and restaurants the humans tended to day in and day out, accompanied by the familial bickering between them all. As the deity of love, it was expected of her to tend to the daily antics of humanity. Whether they wished to admit it or not, Thalinna’s job required more keen observation and meddling than what the others reigned over (except Hasiya of course, ruling over communication), thus making her a more frequent guest of the mortal towns below.

Edited at March 14, 2024 11:21 PM by Rushie
Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 15, 2024 01:22 AM

Wilverbeast

Lightbringer

Give Award
Mila | She/Her | Order Leaning

M: Theyo, Hasiya (dir.) Thalinna, Ambrose, Morrigan (ind.)

Mila paused a moment as she noticed- no- heard - Hasiya was awake. So she had probably ten minutes of them rambling to the other gods before she was the next target.

She raised her brows slightly at 'Mother Mila', and she consodered reminding the other goddess just Mila was fine. Maybe some other time, she didn't want to disturb the current peace. She absent-mindedly followed along the conversation, already plating some of the eggs as soon as she got Theyo's response. She couldn't help but notice the demigod did not return for that teabag.

And then Hasiya descendended upon her, though they seemed wise enough to avoid crowding her too much. Ah- that must be why. She couldn't blame him, the kitchen was quite small.

She took a deep breath, sidestepping Hasiya as they riffled through the cabinets.

"If you could fill kettle, darling, that would be some help. And enough for several people please; it seems our guest forgot his tea,"

She started as she reached to where the cups were held. Right. Tall cabinets.

"Actually if it isn't too much trouble, could you also get some cups and saucers? I'm going to finish up here and give you some space-"

She added, finished up what she was doing, placing some toast on the plates and leaving the rest of the eggs in the pan for Hasiya. She carried over three plates before setting them in front of Thalinna and Theyo, giving Ambrose and Morrigan a warm smile, and the final in front of herself. She took her place on the couch Hasiya had left, right as the others were discussing visiting the mortals, pursing her lips slightly.

She sighed, taking a bite of her eggs as she listened for a moment. She couldn't quite as easily neglect- maybe that was too harsh- avoid making some sort of appearance among or interaction with the mortals as often as the others. She had to be on top of the seasons, bless some crops, make sure some overwhelming urban development got conveniently sidetracked. And goodness the number of people asking to get their poor houseplants revived was humbling.

Not to say she made an appearance every time, especially as the years went by and more land was taken up to 'suit their needs'. It seemed even more forgot the goddess existed unless they were devoted to the land some way, and she'd be lying if it wasn't a bit disheartening. Oh goodness but she hadn't checked her temples in... Well... that part tended to get away from her.

"I believe the last time I was down there was when spring started," she looked at Theyo again as Ambrose asked his question, eyebrows raised slightly. Right, checking in with how the humans were doing.

Edited at March 15, 2024 01:27 AM by St. Cloverbeast
Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 15, 2024 12:54 PM

Freedom

Neutral

Give Award

Joshua Tilki // 23 // Human // M // Mentions: Cal, Bodhi, Norrix, Thallina (ind), Ambrose (ind)

Josh laughed at Cal’s reaction, offering a “sorry, Callie,” that sounded anything but sorry. Now that Cal had turned around, Josh could get a good look at them. They’d changed quite a lot, and Josh, though he didn’t really mean to, couldn’t help comparing their looks. He noted with some displeasure that Cal seemed taller than ever, while Josh didn’t seem to have grown an inch since Cal last saw him. He was, on the other hand, quite delighted to find Cal now wearing a pair of round glasses. Josh’s own glasses were nestled safely in his pocket, where Cal absolutely didn’t have to know about them.

I’m certainly better-dressed, Josh thought to himself, taking in Cal’s outfit. Josh was wearing a neat white button-up with a vest over, slim black pants, and his nicely polished dark shoes. But then a little voice in his head said, well, don’t you think you’re a little too well-dressed? Maybe people would think he was trying too hard. He looked at Cal again, and suddenly her outfit seemed charmingly casual. But it’s Cal, he reminded himself. He should just be happy to see them without comparing every little thing. What the hell was wrong with him? He grinned as Cal pulled him in for a hug and pushed any thoughts of jealousy to the back of his head. It was Cal, and they hadn’t seen each other in so long, and Joshua was excited to catch up.

Josh smoothed his hair back down after Cal ruffled it, and with nothing to lean back on, he crossed his arms and shifted his weight back into one leg. Cal was leaning up against the wall, cool and effortless as always. As Callie motioned to the necklace in Josh’s pocket, Josh stuffed it back down immediately. “Oh, this old thing?” he scoffed, a little too quickly. “My mom gave it to me, you know how she is. I’ll just toss it first trash can I lay eyes on.” Of course, he wouldn’t really, because he knew his mother would want to know where it had gone. But he had to make it totally clear that he didn’t still believe in those old myths, and he certainly didn’t have a schoolboy crush on any made-up goddess of love anymore.

Josh was on the verge of telling Cal he’d been scoffing at Ambrose, not Cal herself, until she called Joshua a “pipsqueak.” Well, now he’d meant to insult her. Josh simply laughed, apparently unimpressed by the insult. But he did stand up a little straighter and rock himself back onto his heels like that could make him taller. Unfortunately, he had no time for a biting retort, as Cal was now giving him a hearty poke in the chest and another little zinger. “This,” Josh said pointedly, motioning to his whole body. “Is how I stand. It’s called confidence, Cal. If you’ve got the good looks, why not flaunt them?” He gave Cal a snarky little smirk that quickly melted into a genuine smile as she agreed to his plan of walking somewhere to catch up. Josh was all ready to fire off a killer joke, help Cal with his groceries, discuss where they could go to get grilled whatever-it-was, but a voice cut in before Cal was even finished speaking.

Josh turned and saw what could only be - and he hadn’t seen him in a while, but it was definitely him - Bodhi Ariti. Joshua narrowed his eyes immediately, and though it felt very stupid, his first thought was, taller than me. Because Bodhi definitely hadn’t been taller than him last time Joshua had seen him. And he was talking to Cal? They knew each other? Well, leave for five years and suddenly things stopped making sense around here. Bodhi definitely seemed to feel the same way about Josh that he had when they were kids. And Josh - he’d never really liked Bodhi, but if anything he’d been highly dismissive. Now he felt a surge of growing suspicion, much more than he had when he was younger. Bodhi so far had done nothing but greet Cal, but Cal was Josh’s friend. “Josh,” Bodhi greeted in a cold tone.

“Buddy,” Josh greeted cooly, getting his name wrong out of pure spit. He gave him a nonchalant look like he’d forgotten Bodhi existed. Cal, however, seemed quite excited to see him, and Josh hung back, not wanting to be part of the conversation but not wanting to be ignored by them, either. Fortunately, it was just then that he heard someone shout his name and twisted around to see who it was. She wasn’t hard to spot - not with that immensely long blonde hair. “Norrix!” Josh called, turning away from the other two to wave her over. Norrix jogged across the street with her golden retriever at her heels. “Been doing alright, Norri!” Josh replied as she asked after him. “I just got back, I was gonna look you up. Wasn’t sure you were still living here.”

As Norrix turned to introduce herself to the two others, Josh stepped in before they even had a chance to speak. “This is Cal,” he told her, motioning to Cal, who seemed quite taken up with petting the dog. “My good friend from high school. You might remember seeing them in school now and then, they were three grades ahead of us.” He looked at Bodhi for a moment, then added, gesturing to him, “This is Bodhi. Two years younger, same school as us.” He might not exactly like Bodhi, but it would be painfully awkward to just not introduce him. Josh wasn’t going to be that blatant. To have something to do, he leaned down to pet Nectar on the head as she panted happily.

Edited at March 15, 2024 12:54 PM by Freedom
Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 15, 2024 03:38 PM

The Tea Drinkers

Darkseeker

Give Award
Bodhi | Male | Human | M: Josh (d) Cal (d) Norrix (d) open
Bodhi's lip curled at the deliberate mispronunciation of his name, and he considered calling the other boy out, but instead settled for an icy glare. He turned back to his advisor, and the hints of a smile quirked his lips as Cal called him out for his usual tendencies to stay holed up in his apartment. He fiddled with the silver chain around his neck, half hidden by his neatly ironed shirt. He listened patiently as Cal explained their new position, and he forced himself to keep his attention from wandering.
As he listened, he studied the streets around them. To his utter horror, a bouncy, bright girl came running up, and he groaned quietly, easing back to lean against the wall. He made this decision for multiple reasons. Bodhi really had nothing against dogs that were quiet, well-behaved, and that had the personality of a rug. This one seemed to have none of them, being just as sunny as its owner. He couldn't stand such cheerful people, especially at such an unearthly hour. Another reason, but one he would never admit, was his limp. It was bothering more than usual that day specifically, and it felt nice to take some of the pressure off the bones. The last reason was another that he would be loath to admit. He didn't feel like he was really close to any of the people currently surrounding him, and he hated to intrude. He knew Cal would gladly welcome him with open arms, especially if he told him about the insecurities he was facing, but that involved opening up, and if he really opened up, then how would Callie feel? Embarrassed, probably, and it would just make everything worse.
He was firmly in the midst of spiraling when he heard his name, and he grappled with coming back to reality like one grapples with a bar of soap in the bath. He managed to hide his confusion, but did not extend his hand to shake hers, not bothering to explain his innate dislike of physical touch in general. "Norrix?" He repeated, the unfamiliar name sounding slightly odd off his tongue. Although he and Josh weren't exactly bosom friends, and if you'd really asked Bodhi, he would've betrayed him in a heartbeat, he appreciated not having to introduce himself to the overwhelmingly ebullient young lady. "What an interesting name," he said blandly, and he shoved his hands into his pockets, suspiciously eyeing the canine in front of them.
His patience was already waning, and he didn't want this strange girl to already hate him simply because of his attitude, so he sighed, and straightened, prepared to remove himself from the conversation. "Um. Cal? When you get a chance, text me, please? I'd really love to go over midterms and stuff before it's too late, but I'd hate to pull you out of making a new friend."
Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 15, 2024 03:42 PM

Storm Runner

Neutral

Give Award
Astraea | Female | 19 | Demigod | Mentions: Bodhi, Josh, Cal, Norrix (indirect)
It was, indeed, a very nice day. Some people might even call it a fine day.
Astraea was of the latter. As she walked through the streets, Phoebe cooing and chirping contently on her shoulder, she was continuing her mental autobiography.
It was quite a fine day, she narrated in her head. It might have started off a bit weird, but now, Astraea was perfectly content. For some odd reason, not even she herself could understand, Astra never used first-person point-of-view in her mental stories. She'd had a delicious breakfast of toast with scrambled eggs and milk, and decided to leave the dishes for later. Astra and Phoebe were going on a walk, the little yellow-and-white bird perched snugly on her shoulder.
Astraea suddenly noticed a lot of staring and added it to the words rolling in her mind. The civilians kept staring at her for some reason. Was it the fact that she was a demigod, or was it because of the cockatiel on her shoulder? Or perhaps it was both. Ah, well, they ought to be used to that by now.
She walked on. Nonetheless, it was a good day, she was narrating. Until she turned the corner and found herself looking at a group of people, and her cheerful mood all but evaporated.
Until she rounded the corner and saw the one person she truly disliked, she added to her autobiography.
They were all older than her, that much was obvious. One of them appeared to be petting a golden retriever with an almost blissful expression- the dog, not the person. But it was the one near the back of the group that had caught her eye. Josh. Who seemed to be making fun of one of the other people with him. Typical.
"Looking as smug as ever, doesn't he," Astraea said to Phoebe. Not that Phoebe even really knew Josh. She'd gotten the little bird about two or three years after Josh had left for wherever he'd gone to. Astraea knew Josh, though. And the memories weren't exactly fond. Josh was rude, ridiculously overconfident, dismissive of those he considered beneath himself, and positively narcissistic. He'd been all those things and more when it came to Astra, up until he'd left town for whatever it was, and pretty much nothing had changed between them since.
"Come on, Phoebe," Astraesa said to the bird, ignoring the fact that Phoebe was perched on her shoulder and therefore could not move anywhere unless she got off. "Let's go. I should not want to have this one nice day disrupted by him." She turned and began to walk the opposite way.

Edited at March 17, 2024 07:03 PM by Storm Runner
Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 15, 2024 04:57 PM

-Sweet-Poison-

Neutral

Give Award
Theyo | Male | Demigod | Mentions; direct- Thalinna, Ambrose, Mila, Hayisa, Morrigan |
Theyo, watched as the Gods exchanged words, and food was brought to him. “Thanks.” he let his hood fall down as he returned to sitting position on the edge of the couch. He began to eat, he wasn't super hungry, but figured that it would be rude to deny food that was made for him.
He listened while they talked of Ambrose's OCD, and various other things. He finished up his plate of food and let himself slink off into the kitchen to put his bowl away. Theyo weaved his way through the room of the Gods and Goddesses, eventually making it into the kitchen where he rinsed off his plate and set it in the sink.
When he returned to the living room and took his spot, pulling his legs up to his chest on the couch, the topic had turned to the group of them going down to the human world. One by one he was sure they all hinted at him giving them a rundown of everything that happened down there. Theyo only really got the hint when Thalinna directly said something about it.
A thought crossed his mind, a joke he could play on all of them. His only hope was that he didn't offend anyone and everyone found it as it was meant to be, funny. Continuing to fidget with the hem of his sleeve, starting to recap everything he knew that was going on in the human realm.
“Well, for starters. It's in shambles. People are fighting left and right, crime rates are extremely high. Ecetera ecetera.” he put his hood back up and leaned back into the couch, wanting to blend in with the piece of furniture to avoid that panic that was sure to follow his statement.
Theyo sat back, and awaiting the eruption of loud words and emotions that was sure to follow, the thought still resided in the back of his head that he may get in trouble for this, he contemplated throwing a ‘Just kidding’ out there before they all started making a fuss, but he did want to see how each one would react to hearing this news.
One or a few of them would probably be upset that he didn't say anything sooner, maybe one would recognise the joke before he stated it was foul play, knowing that he would have rushed here if something got that bad.
Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 15, 2024 05:25 PM

The Bewitched

Darkseeker

Give Award

Morrigan | Male | God of Death | Orderly | Mentions: Directly- Ambrose, Thea, Theyo, Hasiya. Indirectly - Mila

Morrigan's expression remained impassive as he absorbed Ambrose's words, though his jaw ticked with restrained tension. His mood had noticeably darkened since speaking about the humans, until Hasiya made their appearance. Despite the chaos, she had brought the night - there was always a contagious energy to them that Morrigan quite liked, though he would never say this aloud.

Shortly after Hasiya’s announcement to head to the kitchen, they set their eyes onto him. Before Morrigan knew it, Hasiya’s arm was around his neck. Now, usually, he would have cut someone’s limb off for that. But, alas, Hasiya was different - having known this deity for centuries. Morrigan's expression loosened slightly as Hasiya's playful banter washed over him; they had maintained the same joke for eons. As she pinched his cheek and pulled him into a hug, Death returned the hug, giving them a quick squeeze as he watched their predatory gaze shift to their next prey - Thea.

He felt Hasiya lightly tap his chest once before descending upon the kitchen - where Mila, their next victim was. Morrigan rolled his eyes slightly at the chaos Deity before watching Theyo sulk back to the couch. He frowned at the absent tea and watched them, curled up on the couch, drawing up their hood. Before he could inquire about the absent tea, he heard Mila instruct Hasiya to help with the tea. He didn’t fault the young one for becoming overwhelmed in the small kitchen. Being here, with this many different deities, was a lot - for anyone.

Morrigan hummed in agreement as he considered what Thea said about Ambrose liking cleaning up messes.

“Yes, but I feel cleaning up this mess is maybe in a different realm.” Small crow's feet crinkled beside his eyes as he smirked. He contemplated Thea’s offer, feeling the need to reconnect with the mortal realm. However, when Theyo mentioned the human world was in shambles, Morrigan's head snapped towards the demigod, his expression darkening.

"And you didn't think to mention this before? Perhaps last night as soon as you stepped in the house or even sooner? It’s not like you are forbidden from meeting with us." His tone remained calm, but there was an edge to his voice, a hint of malice that dripped from his words like venom. Every syllable seemed to reverberate through the room. The revelation stirred a sense of unease within him, a gnawing concern for the state of the mortal realm. Theyo's casual admission grated against Morrigan's sense of duty, fueling the smoldering anger that simmered beneath his composed exterior.

Morrigan's gaze bore into Theyo with an intensity that could chill the room. He resisted the urge to clench his fists, channeling his anger into controlled restraint. The demigod's nonchalant demeanor only served to exacerbate his frustration. Despite his outward calm, a storm raged within Morrigan, his thoughts racing with the implications of Theyo's revelation. He knew he couldn't truly blame Theyo. It was a stark reminder of the weight of their duties and the consequences of neglecting them. How Morrigan himself had neglected the mortals.

Edited at March 15, 2024 05:40 PM by The Bewitched
Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 15, 2024 05:37 PM

Salem

Neutral

Give Award
Ambrose | M | God of Time | Neutral | Mentions; Thalinna, Morrigan, Theyo (dir)
Ambrose flashed a glare towards Thalinna, "Hearing aids? Really?"

Ambrose shifted himself to sit with one leg up on the couch, leaning slightly forward. This made it much more comfortable for his seraphim-resembling wings, since they would no longer be getting squished behind him. It didn't hurt that bad, hence why he hadn't shifted sooner, it was barely even uncomfortable.

Ambrose watched the demigod, Theyo, very intently while he waited for an answer.

"I'm sorry... what? In shambles?" Ambrose looked a tad bit worried about this news, but he calmed himself down. "Surely that's a joke, a cantrip, right? Last time we checked in everything was fine."

Ambrose didn't bother to watch his words, which lead him to using old words from other centuries sometimes. He doubted anyone would know what 'Cantrip' meant after he said it although... that's their problem, wasn't it? The other gods might know, not Thea though. Thea's actions had lead Ambrose to believe she had but two braincells, both of which worked hard to annoy him at all costs.

The world couldn't be in disarray, only a year ago it was perfectly fine! Maybe if they took a longer trip into the human world, they could bring it back from the chaos.

Ambrose fully believed it was merely a wisecrack. The only thing that made him doubt his own intuition was that humans tended to be chaotic when left alone so he couldn't be entirely sure.

At this point, Ambrose had leaned a little too far forward. Shifting ever so slowly, Ambrose tilted himself back in a way nobody would notice unless they paid extra careful attention to him.

"Calm down, Morrigan." Ambrose turned to the god of Death. "He spoke calmly, anyone else would've come with the news and been in panic. It was a mere quip, wasn't it?"

Ambrose tried to reassure Morrigan, and it was clear that was only because Ambrose didn't want this particular demigod to feel.. pressured. He liked this demigod, more than the other previous demigods before Theyo and the other two.

"Think logically, it's only been a year since I last visited and everything was fine. Plus, I'm sure one of us visited much sooner than that and it was fine as well." Ambrose was only recounting his own thoughts. It made sense though.

"If anything, time shouldn't have changed that much in such a short period. I, for one, should know."

Ambrose let out a yawn unintentionally. Again, he hadn't slept much and the tea didn't do a lot to help. He played it off as if nothing happened and hoped the others would do the same.

'Augh. This isn't the time for yawning!' Ambrose inwardly felt incredibly embarrassed. 'I guess I can't help it, it just happens.. Still annoys me though.'

Gods Among Humans | RP ThreadMarch 15, 2024 08:54 PM

Determined_Wolf

Lightbringer

Give Award

Cal/Callie | 26 | They/She/Him | Human

M: Josh, Bodhi, + Norrix (dir.) Thalinna (ind.)

It was nice talking to Josh again and it really felt like talking to an old friend, but something was bothering him already.

“Hey, don’t say that! Your mom’s a saint! I wouldn’t throw away a handful of lint if she gave it to me,” Cal scolded him in a somewhat teasing tone though he was absolutely serious about this. Sure, her obsession with some of the older gods was weird, but you believe in what you want to, right? “Plus, as much as I think Thalinna is a defective deity,” she practically spat those words out as her brows momentarily furrowed, “it kinda brings back old memories when you used to wear it constantly.” Cal leaned closer with a smirk, elbowing him slightly. “And who knows, you might attract a lucky lady!~” Cal paused before pulling away, seemingly in thought for a moment. “Or lucky guy. Whatever you’re into, I am not one to judge. I’m especially not one to judge.”

Yeah, Cal the raging bisexual and raving polyamorous and recent genderfluid individual was definitely not one to judge. There was certainly a long list of reasons for Cal to be judged by others which was always slowly increasing. Not that they cared, but Cal felt like they could not judge others on preferences much.

Actually, scratch that. Cal would absolutely judge people, particularly Josh for his “flaunting.”

“Ohoho!~ Flaunting you say?” Cal asked with a snicker, looking Josh up and down. “Oh, I know how to flaunt alright.” Cal dipped her glasses down her nose as her lips turned into an even bigger smirk. “But the key with flaunting is knowing when to do it, Josh.”

This was when Bodhi showed up and blah blah blah skip ahead and dog! Cal, being oblivious to the tension between Josh and Bodhi, went right on ahead with petting the dog the moment she approached. Playing with her ears, massaging her face, and grinning ear to ear with childish delight and brightness, Cal was absolutely in heaven with this dog. Until he heard Josh say his name.

Cal quickly stood up, brushed herself off, and firmly took the hand of the woman she just met.

“Cal, but you can call me Callie or anything you like really,” Cal said with a crooked grin as he placed his spare hand on his hip while looking down at the woman. He had to crane his neck to look down at her considering that he was more than half a foot taller than her. Freckled, blonde, and nice tattoos, this Norrix person was really energetic right off the bat. Cal decided to return the energy. Cal smiled and casually pointed to the ink on her wrist. “Nice tats.” Cal paused before quickly stumbling over her words with a great deal of embarrassment, just now realizing how easily Norrix could have misheard him. “Tattoos! Tat-toos.” Cal laughed at himself and rubbed the back of his neck. “Sorry, I clearly don’t always think through what I’m saying… Your dog is amazing though!”

Bodhi quickly grabbed his attention in the middle of Cal’s recovery and Cal quickly turned back to him, a pit forming in his stomach as he realized he probably felt excluded.

“Shit, sorry, Bodhi,” Cal mumbled softly, a small frown on their normally cheerful face. “Yeah, I promise I’ll text you later and we can meet in my office or call or just text and discuss your options, alright?” Cal then forced a smile and patted him on the shoulder briefly (nothing too long as to make Bodhi uncomfortable). “And hey, don’t stress about midterms and stuff. You still have time and most of my other advisees haven’t even reached out to me yet.” Cal paused and took out a notepad from his back pocket. “Or we can just talk about it right now? Or…” Cal paused, touching the end of the pencil to the corner of his mouth. “Or Josh could show me where to drop off my groceries briefly and while I walk to my favorite place with Josh… Well, or… I guess I should ask for… One moment, please.” Cal paused and looked at Josh with a bright smile. “Josh, do you think after we drop off groceries I could help Bodhi on the way? I promise it will be quick and we can catch up after. Plus, it’ll be nice to know how you guys know each other and all!”

Cal has a doctorate, is brilliant at math, and knows two languages if you combine his half-broken Spanish and decently good Vietnamese. This person, however, is sometimes a real fucking idiot and cannot pick up on social cues. Most of the time, she is wonderful at it, great at flirting and shit too, but anytime she lets her guard down around friends, it suddenly is evident that she pays no mind to the subtle body language or anything such as the fact that Bodhi and Josh clearly hated each other.

Forums > Roleplay > Literate
  1  2  3  4  5  6

Refresh

Copyright ©2013-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved
Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   |   DMCA   |   Contact Us